Which movies are better

I-Will-Rule-You

Definatly the movie. I mean, the books are "classics" and all, but they are nearly impossible to read all the way through. I believe the only book in that series that I ever got through was The Hobbit and that wasn't anywheres near the length of the main Lord Of The Rings series of books.

Well, you obviously get more out of the books but that's the way it is with every movie based on a book, and there's such a thing as too much with me, at least. I don't care that Flangorn the Furious did this, and this when it doesn't really relate or add all that much to the main story etc. Another favoured part of the movie, is also the visual aspect. I don't care what anyone says, I can see a more beautiful landscape and more detailed events happen a lot better than I can imagine it.

The film that is approaching the book quality is Fight Club.

People rave on about Cuckoos Nest the movie.

Now as great a film as that is, it's NOTHING compared to the book, the plot weighting is different, Nurse Ratched isn't made across so controlling and eeevil in the film as in the book and some feuds between McMurphy and other patients in the film are far too pronounced over the McMurphy/Ratched clash.

Of course Jack Nicholson could stand looking at the camera for 3 hours and make a great film out of that.

People rave on about Cuckoos Nest the movie.

Now as great a film as that is, it's NOTHING compared to the book, the plot weighting is different, Nurse Ratched isn't made across so controlling and eeevil in the film as in the book and some feuds between McMurphy and other patients in the film are far too pronounced over the McMurphy/Ratched clash.

A lot of books are better than movies although this generation doesn't appreciate how good books can be, one exsample: War of The Worlds, I loved the movie, both of them, but when I started reading the novel, I was blown away, I'm half way through it and It's already the best book I've read in a long time.

On a similar subject, what do you think of novelisations of films. I can remember reading a Ghostbusters novelisation years ago as a kid and enjoying it, rereading it after finding it at the library I wasn't massively impressed. On the other hand though I've just finished reading a good version of Alien. Good with the suspense although obviously I knew who was going to get "it"

Edited by lanky316

Guest Morecello

Jaws is an awesome book. Way better than the movie. Salem's lot is also a great book. Alot better than the movie.

Now, the horse whisper, that book sucked but the movie was good. That's one of those rare examples.

The thing about the LOTR books, is that there really is a load of crap littering them throughout. Like you will have massive sections where "There are walking along, and Legolas starts singing a song in Elvish (*cue long Elvish song*), and then Gimli treats us to a song in Dwarfish (*cue long Dwarfish song*), and the Aragorn's feeling left out so he sings a song about how great humans are (*human song*), to which one of the others fires another song back of there own, and so on. If there's one thing about Tolkien, he really was a fucking show off with his languages.

LOTR Books.

First movie was good... 2nd was boring but plot moving... 3rd one I realised hanging myself was less painful than wasting all that time.

Haven't read the Cukoo book... although I am in love with the movie.

Harry Potter Books > Film.... lists can grow and grow.