Our Lady Peace's "Healthy In Paranoid Times"

Ananas

The album just came out today, so has anybody heard it? I came in expecting absolutely nothing, and may I say, I'm surprised a bit at the results. I can say that I liked a good half of the tracks, which is more than off "Gravity". There's much less power-pop here, it's more mainstream rock, and they don't really have any songs that scream "single". "Angels Losing Sleep" is probably the weakest lead off track yet, but it's worthy of its place on the album. "Where Are You", "Wipe That Smile Off Your Face", "The World On A String", "Don't Stop" and "Al Genina (Leave A Light On)" are all songs I enjoyed, while the rest just sounds like noise to me. It's an acceptable effort, but I'm still saddened to think that this is the band that released "Naveed", "Clumsy", "Happiness" and "Spiritual Machines". Discuss.

I've only heard the first single so far and it's pretty good. I dunno if I'll pick up the album, I wasn't that big of a fan of Gravity. Kinda too poppy for my tastes. It was a good album, but overall it just didn't feel like OLP to me. I heard this album was even more geared towards the main stream then Gravity was. I don't have a problem with the band's intentions to alter their sound to be a bit more main stream friendly, but it's just not the same kinda OLP I fell in love with.

IMO, nothing they've released touches Clumsy. It's one my favorite albums of all time, it had so many great tracks like Automatic Flowers, Big Dumb Rocket, 4am, Clumsy, and of course Superman's Dead to name a few. Naveed is pretty damn good too, the title track I feel is probably their best song.

I'm going to scope this album out a bit then maybe I'll pick it up. I may just buy it to support the band.

I've only heard the first single so far and it's pretty good. I dunno if I'll pick up the album, I wasn't that big of a fan of Gravity. Kinda too poppy for my tastes. It was a good album, but overall it just didn't feel like OLP to me. I heard this album was even more geared towards the main stream then Gravity was. I don't have a problem with the band's intentions to alter their sound to be a bit more main stream friendly, but it's just not the same kinda OLP I fell in love with.

IMO, nothing they've released touches Clumsy. It's one my favorite albums of all time, it had so many great tracks like Automatic Flowers, Big Dumb Rocket, 4am, Clumsy, and of course Superman's Dead to name a few. Naveed is pretty damn good too, the title track I feel is probably their best song.

I'm going to scope this album out a bit then maybe I'll pick it up. I may just buy it to support the band.

I only hope that this is the last album with Bob Rock on board. He's really put a cap on their experimentation, and considering the eclectic "Spritual Machines" is my favorite OLP record, I'm all for the experimentation. Arnold Lanni returning is the best possible thing for the band.

Bob Rock was fired once during this recording session... but when watching the DVD material you get a clear sense that the band is trying to get away from the poppier style they embraced on Gravity.

I think this album is a great step in the right direction and definately more in the vein of Spirtual Machines or Happiness than anything else.