Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Guest muddatrucker

The main reason starting new games is cheating is because you can find out what players are good, and buy them in another career. Buying guys like Vanden Borre, Adu, and all the other cheapies like Daniel Carvalho is completely cheating. Which is what most people in this thread have done.

It makes the game much easier in any case, which I think is cheating.

Rooney is the highest value player in my game at 23.5m. Nobody seems to have world class reputation as a player. Anderson, Giovanni Torre and Akinfeev are all up there (three more cheat buys at the start of the game).

I've not seen any players retire and turn into proper decent coaches yet. Although Antti Niemi got 20 for training 'keepers.

Some of the regen players who have them pictures that are decent on mine include Sylvain Hemmerlin, Alex Theuex, Paul Fay and Robin Hedlund. Although they come in as different positions on different games, so they could come in as shit players too I guess.

Have fun.

I actually bought van den Borre in my first game, before anyone knew how good he becomes, simply because I wanted a cheap replacement for Lauren. Dumb luck I guess.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Zeokage

It's being shit, some bits are working with some skins but not others. The faded logos are working with Cappucino (default) but not Metallic (another default). Kits are being picky, the 3G ones aren't working on any except Metallic, and some are completely disappearing on Aurora.

OK, I'm Inter in January 2013, and so far this season I've made £160m in transfers, from three players. I then picked up replacements who look, stats wise, only very slightly worse, for a combined £15m. I really wish the AI would actually think more when they make transfers.

EDIT: And then Chelsea offered me another £66m for someone else. Didn't sell though. I've nutured this lad since he was a youth, not giving him up now.

Edited by Jonny D

It's taken me a nine game winning streak to do it, but I finally got ahead of Crystal Palace, albeit on goal difference.

After 21 games, Swansea (me) and Crystal Palace both have 50 points (with third and fourth both trailing us on 36 points). I'm top because my goal difference is 4 better, mainly because I have scored 30 goals in the nine game winningstreak I'm currently on (including a 7-3 pasting of Bolton at the Reebok in my last game - I'm still not sure how Allardyce got the England job).

The main reason starting new games is cheating is because you can find out what players are good, and buy them in another career. Buying guys like Vanden Borre, Adu, and all the other cheapies like Daniel Carvalho is completely cheating. Which is what most people in this thread have done.

Rooney is the highest value player in my game at 23.5m. Nobody seems to have world class reputation as a player. Anderson, Giovanni Torre and Akinfeev are all up there (three more cheat buys at the start of the game).

I've not seen any players retire and turn into proper decent coaches yet. Although Antti Niemi got 20 for training 'keepers.

Some of the regen players who have them pictures that are decent on mine include Sylvain Hemmerlin, Alex Theuex, Paul Fay and Robin Hedlund. Although they come in as different positions on different games, so they could come in as shit players too I guess.

Have fun.

I actually bought van den Borre in my first game, before anyone knew how good he becomes, simply because I wanted a cheap replacement for Lauren. Dumb luck I guess.

After bringing Holland to the 2014 World Cup Semi-Finals I was knocked out by my former national team England. Having spent two years with Holland I've now quit and have been offered several national jobs outside of Europe. I'm interested in all the jobs offered but I'm not sure which one to pick. Help me decide between:

Brazil

China

Mali

S. Korea

Mexico

USA

My fate is in the hands of the EWB.

EDIT: Screw it, I took the Brazil job. I've never managed them before in any previous CM/FM games so why not now.

Edited by kulex

Guest muddatrucker

Have fun.

I only found out about Daniel Carvalho from my own scouting, first ever time I signed him, I haven't signed Adu in a serious game since the CM series since I think its too easy, looking at my Pompey team alot of them are players who weren't big name until I signed them and that too was from my own scouting

But you could just get another job in the same game.... You wouldn't need to restart the database :S.

Seriously, you're being a right cock, why dont you play with made up players? because its shit and thus people can restart games as and when they please and its not cheating, stop being such a tart.

But you could just get another job in the same game.... You wouldn't need to restart the database :S.

Seriously, you're being a right cock, why dont you play with made up players? because its shit and thus people can restart games as and when they please and its not cheating, stop being such a tart.

I agree.

It was funny to start with, about 10 pages ago, but now you're making yourself look like a bit of a twat.

I like having a game where I play as Arsenal my whole career. I like having a second game where I start as a small club and work my way up through the world of football. That's my business.

Maybe I cheat by using Real Players? Maybe I cheat because I don't use Attribute Masking? Either way, I don't care.

10 pages ago? Have you been living under a rock?