Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just give Delia a drink or two and she'll be fine.

I started an unemployed game with 45 leagues availible, it took me until February to get a job and it was in the bottom league in Norway. This should be fun.

Your computer can handle that?

Anything over 30 leagues sent my game into massive lag zone.

Well, I finally got Bellshill promoted to the SPL, with 67 points (ICT got 71 points to win the league last year, and they romped it) and +31 Goal Difference.

My main players retired in January (Roberto Carlos, Lee Carsley and Mamadou Bagayoko who got 35 goals in that half-season he played, which is a new Division One record). So it was a long struggle keeping my ten point lead, and at one point Ross County were on the same amount of points as me. But they kept losing because their keeper got injured in the last 5 games or so, and I won by 6 points, beating 2nd placed Ross County in the third last game to actually win the league with two games still to play.

I also accidentally sold my main striker to Dunfermline. They enquired about him, I thought they wanted someone else and offered him for £800k, but once I realised I couldn't refuse them after they did offer £800k I just kept continuing without accepting. Suddenly it came up that he'd agreed terms and signed with Dunfermline. Gay.

But I have a bunch of guys coming in during the summer, and some of them ACTUALLY GOT WORK PERMITS. :w00t: Must be the SPL effect. Next challenge is to not get relegated, and try to get in the top half of the SPL cut. And maybe even get a European place.

I lost in the quarter-finals of the African Nations with Ghana when half of my team was suddenly struck down by various injuries. We lost on penalties to Senegal (who were runners-up). Disappointing, since it was held in Ghana. And checking history. Ghana won the title on the two past occasions they hosted it.

BUT NOT TO FEAR. Ghana and the World Cup will occupy my summer, while I rake in the money from my overpriced transfers out (one of my guys is leaving for £4million(!) and two more for £2.5 (I may regret this)).

Oh yeah, I finally got Photoshop, and made my team some BRAND NEW SPL KITS OF SEXINESS~!

post-13-1159558150.pngpost-13-1159558157.png

I also changed the team colours to black, with yellow, instead of yellow with black. Looks great. Sponsored by Clydesdale Bank. (H)

post-13-1159558150.png

post-13-1159558157.png

After failing numerous times I finally made an impact in the International stage with Ukraine, We were expected to go out in group stages in the World Cup and considering we were grouped with last years winners England,Quarter Finalists Mexico and Runners up Spain...

First match against England who were led by Theo Walcott I just tried to reduce the damage and managed to hold them to 0-0, Same strategy against Mexico but Kosyrin score in the dying minutes to give us the win.

We needed a draw against Spain to go to the second round and things looked bad with Torres scoring twice but then Ramos scored an own goal before Cassilas got sent off and Tsymochuk converted from the penalty spot to get us to the second round.

Here we lucked out as we faced Nigeria and took them out 2-0, into the Quarter Finals against Germany and it boiled down to penalties.

My goalkeeper who had been unimpressive so far in the tournament(the defenders did most of the work for him)stopped two penalties and Shelaye needed to score for us to go into the semis and he did.

Here I had a cracker of a match against the USA who were captained by Freddy Adu, he scored a hat trick very early on but Shelaye responded with a great through ball which Tymoshuck tapped in.

Then Kosyrin scored twice to make it 3-3 it boiled down to Penalties and Adu missed to send Ukraine into the finals.

Portugal pretty much ripped us apart, dominating possesion but couldn't seem to score and in the 89th minute Shelaye managed to intercept a pass and dribbled into the box to score and win us the cup!.

I should be pissed that two of my best players were stolen from me by Liverpool and Chelsea, but the combined £26M I got more than made up for it. Using cash I'd stored up from other transfers, winning the premiership, and the £13M tv revenue, I was able to bring in:

Jose Antonio Reyes (Pissed off with Arsenal)

Tomas Rosicky

Julio Baptista (Didn't expect to actually get him)

William Gallas (part of Defoe transfer)

Asier Del Horno (part of Defoe transfer)

Shunsuke Nakamura

Gonzalo

Mirko Vucinic

Needless to say, Sunderland don't suck quite as much anymore :shifty:

I just sat through a surprising World Cup too, seeing England fail to make it out of the group stages after a 3-2 loss to Saudi Arabia. Spain, Sweden, Germany, and Argentina (losing to Cameroon) went out in the second round. Brazil lost the Semi final to France, and barely beat Turkey in the 3rd place match. Italy much like in real life beat France in the final.

I take it if I apply for one of the vacant national teams, I can still manage Sunderland too? I've never actually been in the position to do it before now.

Grrr. My superstar Dutch goalkeeper Tim Krul has 'personal problems'

I've given him THREE leaves of absence, and each time he's said that the "homesickness has gone" and he's ok again. But then a few weeks later he has personal problems again. :@

At this rate, there's no point in keeping him, but I haven't got anyone else to replace him. So is there anything else I can do to help his 'personal problems'?

Grrr. My superstar Dutch goalkeeper Tim Krul has 'personal problems'

I've given him THREE leaves of absence, and each time he's said that the "homesickness has gone" and he's ok again. But then a few weeks later he has personal problems again. :@

At this rate, there's no point in keeping him, but I haven't got anyone else to replace him. So is there anything else I can do to help his 'personal problems'?