NHL 06 (EA Sports) vs. NHL 2K6 (Sega Sports)

Toe

Which hockey game do you prefer?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which hockey game do you prefer?

• NHL 06 by EA Sports
    • NHL 2K6 by Sega Sports
    • OTHER

NHL 06 is the one I'll get, just because I'm anti-Sega Sports after 2K5's "Whoops, franchise is fucked" glitchfest that somehow managed to strike my NFL, NHL AND MLB games. Sure, $20 is a nice price, but when I have to spend time fucking around trying to keep my franchise from fucking up the rosters so that it won't run and I have to restart....and it fucks them up and makes me restart anyway, no thank you, have some more money EA, at least I don't lose my franchises with your games.

That's something I can't apologize for... the Franchise Glitch is, apparently, still present. But I have YET to be hit by it, and between 2K5 and 2K6 I have played roughly 21 years. Never had it crash.

Yet to see if they fixed the "They have too many scrubs" glitch from 2K5. I fucking hope so.

That's something I can't apologize for... the Franchise Glitch is, apparently, still present. But I have YET to be hit by it, and between 2K5 and 2K6 I have played roughly 21 years. Never had it crash.

Yet to see if they fixed the "They have too many scrubs" glitch from 2K5. I fucking hope so.

IIRC, the 2K5 games have a ton of rookies come into the game that are just horrible, and VERY few actual talented rookies come in.

The franchise glitch...well, all that I can figure is that they fucked up their roster management back on NFL 2K5, causing it occasionally to screw up the rosters in such a way that the game would lock up if you tried to run a certain formation (because it hadn't correctly generated that part). This problem carried over throughout all the 2K5 games and it's in the 2K6's as well, which tells me that a) they can't be bothered to bug-test their shit even half-assed since the same exact bug is in four different sports games released at four different times, and that's just the 2K5s.

The too many scrubs glitch orginates from the fact that there is a 9 round draft in the game. The CPU drafts a ton of shit players, and two seasons in, is completely full. Team's can't make any trades when they have over a certain amount of guys, and thus it becomes impossible to make any trades once you hit the third year.

Anbd the franchise glitch is caused by injuries. If the computer runs out of a certain position, it won't be able to make complete lines, and when it tries to sim any games, it will crash. The solution is pretty simple... you just sign one of those terrible scrubs as a FA, and trade him for a terrible scrub on the other team of a different position. The CPU will remake their lines and continue on. Of course, if you CAN'T trade with them, then it becomes a problem.

They're different kinds of beasts. I like NHL EHM 2005 as well but I can't play it for more then an hour before I need a break. I can play ESPN for days until my eyes start bleeding.

I enjoy both equally, just in completely different ways.

OK, I may as well stick it here. I recently bought ESPN 2K5, but the disc has stopped working. Since I love hockey, but get very little of it over here (curse the London Knights folding!), I need a hockey game to tide me over.

Firstly - what's the best hockey manager game available?

Second - considering I've only ever played ESPN, which of 2K6 or NHL 06 would you recommend?

Only hockey sim option is NHL Eastside Hockey Manager, made by the same guys who do Champ/Football Manager.

not true. the freeware eastside hockey manager is a viable option, even though it's no longer supported with patches, it is still a playable game.

i'd reccomend NHL, the pay per play one, but that's just me.

and i'd reccomend nhl 2k6. really, though, you could probably replace your 2k5 supercheap and have just as much fun. unless you absolutely need the updated rosters, that is.

I seriously don't get you. Are you like an ESPN fanboy? The lack of a logo does not make the game look shit.

The presentation is fine; the player models are better and the new animations are fucking awesome (with the exception of the new hip chick, which is faster then Clawson in bed with a hooker).

Go back to your hole.

I seriously don't get you. Are you like an ESPN fanboy? The lack of a logo does not make the game look shit.

The presentation is fine; the player models are better and the new animations are fucking awesome (with the exception of the new hip chick, which is faster then Clawson in bed with a hooker).

Go back to your hole.

Edited by desiredtoe

The ESPN announcers weren't better then Harry and Bob though.

<Captain Picard>You Are Out Of Your Mind!!!!!!!!</Captain Picard>

Harry and Bob as you so effectionatly term them are one of the worst announce tandems to ever commentate for a sports game.

The ESPN announcers weren't better then Harry and Bob though.

<Captain Picard>You Are Out Of Your Mind!!!!!!!!</Captain Picard>

Harry and Bob as you so effectionatly term them are one of the worst announce tandems to ever commentate for a sports game.

If your personal preference is to have your hockey commentators comment between hits of oxygen and a short layover for dialisis, then more power to you.

Well, thats what I say. 2K6 rosters aren't very updated, they have some people as free agents as they should be, but Hossa is still a Senator and Heatley is still a Thrasher. Unless you have XBox live, because then you can update the rosters.