Arkansas vs. USC

Guest JoeyMadDogg

Guest JoeyMadDogg

I'm a big University of Arkansas fan. (I'm a bigger Notre Dame fan, congrats on what they've accomplished so far.) But its times like these that make me want to crawl under a rock and hide till the next year! I can understand them wanting to play bigger and better teams to have a stronger schedule but don't go after the 2 time defending champs! This game was a joke. It was a high school team playing a NFL team. In the first quarter, USC had only held the ball 8 times for 1:30 mintues, that may sound good, but look at the score, 28-7! WTF?! Arkansas was putting in their third string d-line in hopes they could stop USC! HA! Nutt, you are what you are, a f*cking nut! He may be a good coach, but damn when it comes to schedule and improving the team, he sucks! For those that don't know the final score, 70-17 USC. :crying: Arkansas scored 10 in the first quarter and then 7 in the fourth. I turned the game off after the first quarter. What Nutt needs to do is schedule games against teams like Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Nebraska, Texas A&M, TCU, Oklahoma, you know teams that aren't that dominating, but can give you recognition. It's no wonder why the Razorbacks haven't gotten that good of players. Let's do a scenario:

You're a high school football senior. UofA contacts you and wants to come play for them. You get happy. Then the coach tells you that they want you to come and help them beat USC. You do what?

I know what I'd do. I'd say f*ck off! You don't have that good of a team to play someone like that. You're an idiot for scheduling a game against them. I'd run and contact someone bigger and better than U of A.

As a high school recruit, that is something you do not want to hear from someone like U of A, is it?

Okay, I'm done. Everyone else can post their thoughts to the game now. :crying:

Guest JoeyMadDogg

I'm not sure, but from my understanding, Nutt was the one who wanted the game and in a newspaper article I read earlier this month he said something about him scheduling the game or something like that.

I do believe coaches have imput on getting games. Sometimes they get their wishes and someties they dont. I wouldnt want to face USC right now though. They got one of the best quarterbacks in Football right now (Matt Leinhart, although I can't spell his name), they got the best player in College Football period (Reggie Bush) and they get the best high school players in the country, many of which don't mind spending a little time on the bench.

Coaches have some say in scheduling non-conference games. You always get a few blowouts like this because the almost-top-25 always want to play a top 5 team, hoping for an upset.

It's the same in high school sports, at least with private schools. Our AD and coaches get together and try to put our teams (We're in lower conferences in most sports) against the best we can find in hopes we can get an upset. It's called you have nothing to lose. Nobody's gonna look at Arkansas and say "Blowout to USC, they don't deserve a December bowl." They'll say "USC is on a level far above Arkansas, and most others."