Boxing: Klitschko vs Peter! Who Wins?

Guest Word Life

Guest Word Life

Im wasn't sure where to put this! If theres any boxing fans in here I was wanting your opinion on who will win this weekend when Wladimir Klitschko takes on Undefeated Samuel Peter? I think SAmuel Peter will win by sixth round Knockout.

I've not yet seen Peters fight, but after watching Wladmir get knocked out a couple times, I think his chin is weak.

My money is on Peter.

and DAMN!!! That was one hell of an opening bout....doubt the heavyweights can top that!!!

I was more interested in the Cotto/Garcia fight. After watching it, I think Cotto proved that he has what it takes to come back from a bad situation and win. However, Mayweather Jr and Hatton are still leaps and bounds ahead of him. He should try to unify with Carlos Maussa, but his agents dont want that fight since Cotto alredy defeated Maussa before he was the champ. I think that with more reason they should look for that fight, Cotto as unified champion vs the winner of Mayweather/Hatton to unify all the belts? Sounds like money to me...but oh well, I am not Bob Arum.

I have lost a lot of faith in the sport of boxing lately. With the decision in the Peter/Klitschko fight and the snorefest that was Tarver/Jones Jr., I am very skeptical about ordering a fight on PPV or even setting time aside in my day to watch it on HBO or Showtime. The sport of boxing needs an epic fight real quick to earn some of my trust back.

The problem is that there are not any epic fights left. Trinidad-Hopkins II fell down the drain and so did De La Hoya-Trinidad II. The posibilities of Tarver-Hopkins are intriging if it ever comes to pass. Or Tarver-Taylor. The heavyweight division is pretty much dead. I just dont enjoy it anymore. Vitali vs Vladimir could be interesting, brother vs brother, but what are the odds for that one to happen? Like I said, it is pretty much dead.

I think that Miguel Cotto has a great chance of being a big name, specially if he wins some of the planned fights for next year. The welters are solid, even when the days of the Trinidads, De La Hoyas, Quartey's etc are long gone.