Broken Sword

ravenjuice

I've always been a huge fan of the broken sword games, and have played and completed all three of them, anyone want to reccomend me some games in the same vein? e.g. Monkey Island? Cus games of this type seem to be few and far between.

Or just discuss broken sword games. whatever.

I loved Broken Sword as well. Never completed the first one, as it stopped working on my computer after I had got really far into it. I've got Sleeping Dragon on PS2, and that's really good, not completed though.

To answer your question, I've heard good things about Syberia. It's a point and click game, but I've never played it. I've heard it's good, and I've also heard it's in a similar vein to Broken Sword.

Basically any of the classic Lucasarts titles. Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Indiana Jones, Day of the Tentacle, Zak McKracken (guilty pleasure) etc. If you're prepared to stray from the point and clickiness Grim Fandango is amazing.

I loved the second Broken Sword game on the PlayStation. I had a demo, the bit with the nightwatch man and his dog on a demo disc, and it got me into it. Probably because I was younger then, and the message:

"Getting past the nightwatch man and his dog had been easy."

Made me laugh, because the first time took me two and a half hours.