Popular Canadian group calls it quits

Enter Blue Guy

I heard this on the Edge this morning and then got this from the Edge website.

Jeff Martin, frontman of the legendary Tea Party, has announced that the band has parted ways. Well they've been together for 15 years of non stop recording and touring so Jeff wanted some time off to spend with his family and focus on his solo career.
Edited by Enter Blue Guy

T'is a shame. They were hit and miss, but at their best the Tea Party were a great band. Their sound was unique, and on the somewhat glum landscape of often bland Canadian rock, they'll be missed. Why couldn't it have been Thornley instead?

Why couldn't it have been Simple Plan? The only thing they were ever good for was that bit on Conan O'Brien when Conan reveals that one of the ways the network is trying to boost the ratings of the show is by introducing a hunky male character, then... "Do you ever feel like breaking down?"... And this 20 something blonde guy comes out and exchanges stares with Conan... The whole thing is hilarious. If you know what I'm taking about, then you too know of its hilarity.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Why couldn't it have been Simple Plan? The only thing they were ever good for was that bit on Conan O'Brien when Conan reveals that one of the ways the network is trying to boost the ratings of the show is by introducing a hunky male character, then... "Do you ever feel like breaking down?"... And this 20 something blonde guy comes out and exchanges stares with Conan... The whole thing is hilarious. If you know what I'm taking about, then you too know of its hilarity.

Oh man, then La Bamba and Max get caught up in the staring? Comedic gold.

Indeed. I love that skit, it's great.