Best Political Songs

tristy

Get a list of every Bad Religion song. Close your eyes and drop your finger on the page. You'll probably find a good one under your finger. Theres a song from the average "No Substance" album called "The State Of The End Of The Millenium Address" which is essentially Greg Graffin simply talks over the top of a simple riff which is nicely written.

I do have to say that I love "ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayitsworldwouldfallapart" by the Manic Street Preachers as a very good anti-America/anti-racist/anti gun song though. Not that the Manics don't have a nice collection of political songs to go with it.

Other than that, Refused, International Noise Conspriacy, Dead Kennedys and even Jello Biafras post-DK material are all ripe for good political songs. Anti-Flag to be honest have to be one of the worst political bands I have ever heard. Their music is catchy, but the lyrics are fucking awful.

Totally agreed on the Bad Religion and Dead Kennedys statements. I was actually going to come in here and mention that just about any DK song could be construed as political.

Dutiful Servants and Political Masters by Chumbawamba is a great song, I love how they sing from the point of view of the people they speak out against.

People's Revolution by Code of Honor is another great one, very high energy.

1984 by Feederz is also great, then again, everything they do have high political content. It's hard to imagine them not singing something without a political idea thrown in.

I could probably think of a million different songs that are political, but to save time I'll list a few bands that were pretty heavy on the politics. Those would be the Dils, Crass, Government Issue, Kraut, Reagan Youth, Los Crudos, and so many more. It is quite obvious that a lot of punk is political, but it's not always the case for every band out there.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Christmas In Washington by Steve Earle, a tonne of Dylan songs, as well as Kris Kristofferson songs like Anthem 84, Don't Let The Bastards Get You Down and What About Me.

oh wow.. War Pigs definitely did count.. til sell out fucker Ozzy ate lunch with the BIGGEST FUCKING WAR PIG EVER MAKES ME SICK TO MY FUCKING STOMACH HEY OZZY MOTHER LIKES YOUR STUFF FUCK YOU FUCK YOU OZZY FUCK YOU BUSH ASSHOLES WRITE LYRICS THAT YOU MEAN WRITE THEM WITH YOUR HEART NOT WITH YOUR BANK ACCOUNT ASSHOOOOOOOLE

Edited by fultie

Dylan hates it when people calls his songs political and claims he never aimed to write about politics

True, but his songs do have a strange political resonance. They were never songs written as political songs but that is what they have be come outside of Dylan. Unlike people like Steve Earle, Kris Kristofferson, Neil Young and others who have written songs with political messages purposely.

Dylan hates it when people calls his songs political and claims he never aimed to write about politics

True, but his songs do have a strange political resonance. They were never songs written as political songs but that is what they have be come outside of Dylan. Unlike people like Steve Earle, Kris Kristofferson, Neil Young and others who have written songs with political messages purposely.