WWE 2006 - The Power Is Back

alldaws1

Looking awesome still. Can't wait until Armaggedon as it should be the last update before the diary really gets kickin' right?

That was the original plan, but I've also done up to New Year's Revolution in the recapped format. The first fully recapped show will be RAW, week 2 in January. The Royal Rumble will be the Sunday of week 4.

• Admin

Newflash for the Postwhores:

Rule 3 of the Diary Dome:

Postwhoring is makeing a post that adds nothing to a discussion or the thread/diary. "Good show" and nothing else is postwhoring. "Push Raven" and nothing more is postwhoring. We want you to feel free and encourage you to reply to the diaries, it is important to a lot of our posters, but we don't want you to say nothing meaningful at all and move along. All that does is boost your post count, get you a bad reputation as a postwhore, and piss people off. Your post count is only important to you, not the rest of us. Don't punish us because you want to feel important. It is not allowed, and warnings will result.

If I continue to see alldawson's great diary being filled with useless replies like

"neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew wwe champion, KURT ANGLE! Great stuff lad... shame wwe wont do the same

or

Cant wit for you to do weekly updates. Good work man

or

I remember reading the old one, and enjoyed it. Glad it's back, I know it won't disappoint

then I will be handing out warnings. By all means, leave alldawson feedback, but do it in a constructive manner.

Clear?

Good.

Updates aren't happening very often, which is kind of a shame since I'm under the impression that you've already got them all written. I could be wrong however. Not sure if Angle was a good choice to take the title off of Cena. I guess it's fine as long as you don't start hot shotting the title around after every fued. I'd like to see the champion win a fued here and there. Two very nice survivor series matches, but one thing I really wish would happen, is the Survivor Series return to what it used to be. All survivor series matches instead of the bastard version it's become. This isn't just your diary really, but the SS in particular. Two tag team title matches, and neither changes hand. I like that. It helps build a strong division. Can't wait to see the rest of the shows you've got. Storylines are quite good so far.

Edited by Rabid Wolverine

Now, onto the diary. Updates aren't happening very often, which is kind of a shame since I'm under the impression that you've already got them all written. I could be wrong however. Not sure if Angle was a good choice to take the title off of Cena. I guess it's fine as long as you don't start hot shotting the title around after every fued. I'd like to see the champion win a fued here and there. Two very nice survivor series matches, but one thing I really wish would happen, is the Survivor Series return to what it used to be. All survivor series matches instead of the bastard version it's become. This isn't just your diary really, but the SS in particular. Two tag team title matches, and neither changes hand. I like that. It helps build a strong division. Can't wait to see the rest of the shows you've got. Storylines are quite good so far.

I have this all written up to and including the first week of shows. I'm updating slower than last time because people began to expect an update every day or so with the pace I was going at. This is going to be updated a little more slowly, so it's easier on me to book and write and not be rushed into doing so.

Armageddon

Kurt Angle's Survivor Series triumph over John Cena landed Smackdown! a new WWE Champion. Angle forced Cena to tap out to the Ankle Lock. Theodore Long would grant Cena a rematch at Armageddon, though. After tensions between the two competitors had escalated, a Steel Cage match was made between them, with the winner deciding the match type at Armageddon. Cena won the battle and chose a Hell In A Cell match for the pay-per-view!

Kane's dominant return had seen him come back with his mask and old wrestling attire on - he had received more burns after being thrown into flaming trash by Edge during his RAW stay. 'The Big Red Machine' was dominant and proceeded to destroy all in his path - including the returning Cabinet. Kane beat down each Cabinet member, including JBL, one-by-one. Bradshaw's solution was that the Cabinet was stronger in numbers. They attacked Kane, but they didn't do enough damage to put him away for good - Kane demanded a one-on-four handicap match against JBL and his staff at Armageddon.

Survivor Series fallout was the reasoning behind The Rock and Christian being booked in a match against each other for Armageddon. During the huge 8-man match, Christian used dirty tactics to eliminate 'The People's Champion'. Christian then gloated and said he was better than The Rock in every single way. The Rock verbally fought back with some hilarious promos and their differences would be settled at the December event.

Another moment from Survivor Series fueled the next feud when Shawn Michaels eliminated Eddie Guerrero at the November pay-per-view. Eddie didn't take too kindly to this and said he would get revenge on 'The Showstopper' at Armageddon. Following a tag team match, Eddie Guerrero assaulted Shawn, laying him out with a brainbuster onto a steel chair and also a Frog Splash. HBK would retaliate with a chair shot and Sweet Chin Music the following week. Their rivalry was only getting started as Armageddon drew nearer.

Rhyno was eliminated from the Survivor Series tag team match by disqualification when he Gored the referee on purpose. 'The Man Beast' was still unstoppable and continued to cause havok following his victory over Shawn Michaels at No Mercy. Theodore Long was running out of options until Brock Lesnar offered his services. Lesnar looked strong, F-5ing Rhyno through a wall on Smackdown!, but he was then Gored through a window a few weeks afterwards. These two monsters would collide at Armageddon.

After sending Ron Simmons back into retirement, Lance Storm was looking for a new challenger to his U.S. Championship. He found just that in Rey Mysterio. The high-flyer recorded a pinfall victory over Storm to earn a title shot at the December pay-per-view.

The Natural Born Thrillers were still top of the tag team ranks and they topped MNM yet again on Smackdown!. Theodore Long then chose a new team to compete for the belts - Billy Kidman and the returning Jamie Noble. Noble and Kidman would receive a shot at the belts at Armageddon.

Juventud was still running wild, cheating his way to wins and Cruiserweight Championship victories. In a blockbuster 6-man Cruiserweight tag team match, Tajiri sprayed Juventud with his green mist - leading to 'The Juice' attacking the 'Japanese Buzzsaw'. Juvi agreed to put his title on the line against Tajiri.

IPB Image

WWE Armageddon Results

December 18th, 2005

• Kurt Angle beat John Cena in a Hell in a Cell match to retain the WWE Championship.

• Kane beat The Cabinet.

• Christian beat The Rock.

• Shawn Michaels beat Eddie Guerrero by disqualification.

• Rhyno beat Brock Lesnar.

• Rey Mysterio beat Lance Storm to win the WWE United States Championship.

• Natural Born Thrillers beat Billy Kidman and Jamie Noble to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship.

• Juventud beat Tajiri to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Finally! Somebody does what everyone else seems to never be able to do - give a strap to Rey Mysterio that isn't specified to a certain gimmick. I am happy he is the US champ and hopefully it isn't a short reign. The booking seems sound at the moment - however to me it's strange how Cena and Angle fought in a cage match and then the stipulation chosen was (let's call it as I see it) a bigger cage match. I also like Rhyno's push - beating Brock Lesnar would push anybody to the depths of superstardom.

New Year's Revolution

Following the 8-man Survivor Series match, RAW needed a new number one contender to Chris Benoit's World Heavyweight Championship. After being the only man remaining in that match, Chris Jericho was immediately made the number one contender. There was one problem, though - Randy Orton thought he deserved a shot after ending the career of The Undertaker. Eric Bischoff seemed to agree and forced Benoit into a triple threat match at New Year's Revolution.

Batista was eliminated from Survivor Series after being attacked by the debuting Abyss. Abyss demolished 'The Animal', shocking the fans, the roster, everyone! Batista would get some payback on RAW, slamming 'The Monster' Abyss onto the steel entrance ramp with a devastating spinebuster. Eric Bischoff tried to keep the two mammoths away from each other, but to no avail as they clashed in numerous brawls. Bischoff then said they would settle their differences at New Year's Revolution.

The Big Show was frustrated at not being chosen to wrestle against Shelton Benjamin at Taboo Tuesday. Benjamin's winning streak was still alive and Show was convinced he was the man to break it. Over the ensuing weeks, The Big Show tried to cost Shelton matches, but never succeeded. Show said he would crush Benjamin's winning streak at the RAW-exclusive New Year's Revolution.

At Taboo Tuesday, Triple H beat Ric Flair, using the legal sledgehammer to his advantage. Things were far from over between these two, though, as Flair would return the favour, doing great damage to Triple H's knee using his patented Figure Four Leglock and Triple H's patented sledgehammer. 'The Game' would miss a few weeks, missing out on Suvivor Series. During Triple H's absence, Edge became a problem to Flair. Edge mocked Flair when they faced off on RAW and walked away with a cheap victory, using Flair's own tricks. 'The Nature Boy' said he would settle the score at the RAW January pay-per-view.

The Intercontinental Title would be put on the line at New Year's Revolution. Carlito eliminated the reigning champion, Mike Awesome at Survivor Series and he thought that should be enough to get a title shot. Mike Awesome agreed and said he would defend the title against Carlito. Awesome showed his dominance by beating three others in a fatal four way match and even overcoming Carlito's interference. Would Awesome be able to overcome Carlito at the pay-per-view?

The new WWE Women's Champion, Gail Kim, quickly created an alliance with former champion, Victoria. Together they took out a target which they both hated - Trish Stratus. Trish kept coming back for more, wanting nothing more than to be Women's Champion again. When the numbers were too much for her to overcome, Christy Hemme came to her aid. A tag team match was set for New Year's Revolution.

Rob Conway beat Rene Dupree at Taboo Tuesday and would then go on to defeat Sylvain Grenier a few weeks afterwards on RAW. Conway was on fire, but Eric Bischoff would deliver news that could extinguish that fire - La Resistance would get their handicap match at New Year's Revolution. Further bad news came Conway's way just six days before the pay-per-view. There would be no disqualification for La Resistance, but there would for Conway. Rob was in for a tough match.

IPB Image

WWE New Year's Revolution Results

January 8th, 2006

• Chris Benoit beat Chris Jericho, Randy Orton in a triple threat match to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

• Edge beat Ric Flair.

• Shelton Benjamin beat The Big Show.

• Batista beat Abyss.

• Rob Conway beat La Resistance in a handicap match.

• Christy Hemme and Trish Stratus beat Gail Kim and Victoria.

• Carlito beat Mike Awesome to win the Intercontinental Championship.

---------------------------------------------

(This is where I will start to recap in full, reporting on every RAW and Smackdown!. We are just three weeks away from the Royal Rumble (Sunday of week 4 in TEW terms.)

All the recaps are done, gives me a good feeling that I'm going to see the full shows soon. As I said before, I got lost in the last one around SummerSlam. I'm glad to know that I'm caught up and can get back to enjoying work from my favourite writer in the dome!

I'm also going to enjoy reading your version of the Royal Rumble, it should be interesting to say the least!

And as for champions, seeing Carlito with the IC strap is a good thing in my mind and I'll see what Rey can do with the US belt.

As for World Champions, I'm glad Benoit has another run as champ and Angle too.

Edited by Cole

Great Graphics. *Wink*

Please, people, read and take note of what Rabid Wolverine posted a few days ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

IPB Image

WWE RAW Preview

Monday, Week 2, January 2006

RAW comes to your screens live this Monday, just twenty-four hours after the New Year's Revolution pay-per-view event.

Chris Benoit retained the World Heavyweight Title, beating Chris Jericho and Randy Orton in a thrilling triple threat match. Will we get some sort of victory speech from 'The Rabid Wolverine'? And what will the losers' thoughts be?

Triple H returned at New Year's Revolution, costing Ric Flair his match against Edge and going on to beat down 'The Nature Boy'. Triple H will be in the building on RAW as he is set for singles action against Hardcore Holly.

Carlito captured the Intercontinental Title last Sunday, defeating Mike Awesome. A rematch is set for this Monday night!

With the Royal Rumble just under three weeks away, Eric Bischoff has began to decide which fifteen RAW Superstars will represent his brand in the Royal Rumble match. To help him decide, Bischoff has booked two qualification matches for Monday - tune in to find out who the competitors will be!

IPB Image

------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT: WWE RAW

WHEN: Monday, Week 2, January 2006

WHERE: FleetCenter, Boston, MA

CROWD: 15,000

Booker T & Rob Van Dam © versus La Resistance for the World Tag Team Titles. RAW got underway with some championship action. Booker and RVD showed why they are the tag team champions, dominating the early stages of the match. La Resistance would fight back managing to isolate Booker T in their corner, using frequent tags and cheap tactics to keep him worn down. The Book Man was able to counter a double team move with a double clothesline and finally crawl over to his corner and make the tag to Van Dam. RVD did some spring cleaning of the ring, kicking Dupree and Grenier repeatedly. Rob got into a bit of trouble and looked to be going for the Au Revoir finisher, but Booker T intervened, saving his partner. Booker then became the legal man off the tag and drilled Sylvain with the Scissors Kick for the pinfall.

World's Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit then made an appearance. Benoit began a victory speech about how great he is and how great his title defense at New Year's Revolution was - much to the annoyance of the crowd who began 'Benoit sucks' chants. After a good five minutes talking, Benoit was interrupted by Chris Jerichos' music - and the crowd's deafening roar. Y2J made his way to the ring and argued his case for a one-on-one rematch against Benoit, seeing as he wasn't actually pinned or made to submit the night before. Before Benoit could respond, Randy Orton came down to the ring. Orton then said it was he who deserved another shot because Benoit cheated, using the title belt to knock Orton out. The three RAW Superstars argued for a while until General Manager Eric Bischoff walked down the ramp to sort things out. Bischoff said he could only give Jericho or Orton a title shot, not both. Therefore, the main event of the evening would be Chris Jericho against Randy Orton with the winner getting the World Heavyweight Title shot. Eric said that he was a very fair GM, so the loser would be on of the fifteen RAW Superstars to be entered into the 30-man Royal Rumble match! Bischoff seemed to have made everybody happy as we went to a commercial break.

Mike Awesome versus Carlito © for the Intercontinental Title. Carlito looked confident and cocky as always when he swaggered to the ring for his first Intercontinental Title defense. This match wouldn't be a piece of cake against the hungry former champion. Awesome took control very early, knocking Carlito out of the ring with a big knee to the side of the head. Outside, Carlito would be able to regain his composure and drop Mike face-first onto the steel steps. Back in the ring an axe-handle counter from Awesome was turned into a DDT and a very near fall. Carlito would end up coming out on top again, though, connecting with a muel kick which was cleverly disguised from the referee. Awesome crumpled to the mat and Carlito gained the pinfall using the ropes for added leverage.

Coming back from a commercial break, Christy Hemme was making her way down to the ring. She took a microphone but before she could say a word, she was not only interrupted, but beaten down by Gail Kim and Victoria who had quickly stormed the ring. Trish Stratus then rushed the ring and took out both of the attackers, throwing Victoria through the ropes and nailing Kim with a Chick Kick. Gail then took a microphone outside and said she was sick of Trish Stratus and that she wanted her out of the way for good - so she was challenging her to a match on next week's RAW. Trish agreed without hesitation to the match as she helped Christy to her feet.

The Hurricane w/Rosey versus Abyss for Royal Rumble entry. The Hurricane didn't know who his opponent was, and boy was he shocked when he found out who he had to go through. Abyss stormed to the ring and quickly began the match by tossing Hurricane around and slamming him to the mat with a huge powerbomb. After a short match that was dominated by 'The Monster', The Hurricane fell victim to the Shock Treatment backbreaker and the three count. Abyss wasn't finished, though. He went after Hurricane only for Rosey to intervene. Rosey got in some quick offense but was quickly sent packing via the Black Hole Slam.

Backstage, The Big Show was sitting on a storage box talking to a couple of nearby crew members. The 7-foot giant told the crew guys that he was going easy on Shelton Benjamin at New Year's Revolution and he laughed off the loss. He said he wouldn't take it easy tonight, though, because there was a Royal Rumble spot at stake.

Heidenreich w/Eugene & William Regal versus The Big Show for Royal Rumble entry. The Big Show kept his word and he didn't take it easy on Heidenreich in this match. The bout could have finished quickly following a big leg drop from Show, but Heidenreich was able to squirm a shoulder out. Heidenreich mounted a comeback, connecting with his two-punch combo to stagger his foe. Show responded with a few headbutts, sending Heidenreich to the mat. Eugene then climbed up onto the apron and mimicked The Big Show, raising his hand in the air to the crowd. Show didn't take too kindly to this and shoved Eugene off the apron and into the security wall at ringside. Regal then got in the ring, but was quickly tossed aside by the big man. This interference allowed Heidenreich the time to recuperate and he nearly put his adversary away following a top-rope shoulder block. It wasn't to be for Heidenreich, though, as The Big Show finished him off with a huge Chokeslam that shook the ring.

Hardcore Holly versus Triple H. Triple H's first match following his comeback from injury would be a tough one against Hardcore Holly. Holly took it to The Game early with some stiff punches and slams. However, the tide turned when Triple H was able to counter the Alabama Slam and take out his opponent with a lethal clothesline. Triple H began to put the hurt on Hardcore from then, pounding away viciously with punches to the head. A facebuster was followed up by a spinebuster that left Holly reeling. Hardcore would battle back as always, though, reversing a powerbomb attempt with a hurricanrana and following it up with a beautiful dropkick for a two count. Holly then signalled for the Alabama Slam once more, but The Game was able to counter it into a Pedigree! Before Triple H could make the cover, though, Ric Flair appeared on the TitanTron. Flair began to insult Triple H, infuriating and distracting the 10-time World's Heavyweight Champion. This gave Hardcore Holly a chance to take control, but for the third and final time of the bout, Triple H reversed the Alabama Slam, this time hitting a low blow on his adversary. The referee had no choice but to ring the bell. The Game began pounding on Holly until Flair once again interrupted him from the screen. Flair said he couldn't wait to get his hands on Triple H once again - and he'd be able to do it at the Royal Rumble when they would be facing off in a street fight! Triple H stormed out of the ring breathing heavily as Flair's face disappeared from the 'Tron.

Chris Jericho versus Randy Orton for World Heavyweight Title #1 Contendership / Royal Rumble entry. Even after having competed in an exhausting, yet thrilling triple threat match just twenty-four hours earlier, Randy Orton and Chris Jericho clashed in another good match. The momentum swung between both competitors and near falls were exchanged early on. Orton began to gain control of the bout, wearing down Jericho with a side headlock and containing Y2J with a modified backbreaker for two. Jericho managed to escape the headlock after a few minutes and hit a DDT in the middle of the ring. Both participants were down when Chris Benoit made his way to the ring. As the referee began a ten count, Benoit pulled him out of the ring and shoved him into the security wall - an act which was met with loud boos from the crowd. Benoit then slid into the ring as Randy Orton got to his feet. Benoit clocked Orton with his World Heavyweight Title belt and then did the same to Jericho. Having taken out both men, Benoit left. With the referee back in the ring and Benoit gone, Jericho and Orton both staggered to their feet. They exchanged blows until Orton connected with the RKO out of nowhere! A groggy Orton rolled into the cover, but Jericho kicked out after two and three quarters! Orton was stunned. He shook his head and went for the move again, but instead got shoved away and then caught up in the Walls of Jericho. Orton was inches from the ropes, but could not grasp them before Y2J pulled him back to the center of the ring. Randy had no choice but to tap out to the painful move. Jericho celebrated his win on the ramp with the referee raising his arm and Lilian Garcia announcing him the new number one contender. In the ring, Orton stumbled to his knees, but didn't look too dejected - he was now in the Royal Rumble match.

QUICK RESULTS

Booker T & Rob Van Dam beat La Resistance

Carlito beat Mike Awesome

Abyss beat The Hurricane

The Big Show beat Heidenreich

Hardcore Holly beat Triple H via DQ

Chris Jericho beat Randy Orton

I'd just like to comment and say, I love the new format!

The show was great, I really like how everything went except for the final match, since regardless of still being in the Royal Rumble. Orton should be pissed about losing, and even madder about losing a match that gives you the chance to take on the champ right away.

I wouldn't be less angry that now I have to go through 29 other superstars rather then facing the champ right away.

I loved RAW and the new format is easier to read and more sophisticated.

I enjoyed reading about the Main Event especially as i thought it was a good finisher. And thank god Jericho won !.

I also enjoyed the Womens angle. It shows how good your division is at this time. Im hoping to see a tag match in the coming days or something like that.

And last of all... cant wait for Smackdown ;)

• 1 year later...