Career Cut Short

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Bossy for sure. He was an incredible player, back injury cut him short what? 9 years into his career, he wasn't even comming out of his prime yet. I got to meet him a few years ago, he was doing a 3 day hockey camp, I got to go for free. Was fun, really nice guy.

Even as a bluenose i would have to admit that Luc Nilis and Villa was a harsh end to his career.

One person who needs a mention is Marco Van Bastern, despite a decent career i think he could of done so much more if he could of gone on just a few years longer.

Definatly Mike Bossy for me. I was trying to think of a few other players that were cut off through injury that had potential to become great, but I couldn't think of someone on his level. Another that I would say would be Grant Hill, but after injury plauging his whole career he had a very solid season for the magic last year, but time will tell on him, because he was hyped huge back in the day.

Although he hasn't retired yet, I'm going to say John Kennedy.

Kennedy plays for Celtic and was looking to be a great player until he got seriously injured whilst playing for Scotland in a friendly against Romania. One of their guys, can't remember his name but I know he plays for Wolves, put in an absolute shocker of a tackle against Kennedy. Although I can't remember exactly what the injury is. he's been out for the last 18 months. A few weeks ago, he had just started training again and was about to sign a new deal with Celtic until he broke down in training. Right now no one knows if he's going to be able to play again.

As I said, he hasn't retired but the guy has/had so much potential to be great and he's just had one set back after another.

Michael Mols for me aswell, I always remember seeing Kahn go flying into him and not thinking to much of it at the time. He was never anywhere near the same.

Although i'm too young to remember, Ian Durrant could have supposedly been so much better if it wasn't for a disgusting challenge from Neil Simpson.

Hopefully Kennedy can get over his injury.

Guest clarencepool

(Without saying the people who have already been mentioned...)

Steve Froggart was devoloping into a decent left winger for Coventry after leaving Wolves. Then his career was abruptly ended through injury. Andy Hunt is another that springs to mind, he was beginning to score goals for Charlton in the Premier League then he suddenly got injured and had to retire early.

Lionel Morgan of Wimbledon. He was suppose to be really really good, but he got injured about two years ago (can't remember what injury) and I don't think he's played since.

The two that immediately spring to mind are Ki-Jana Carter and Tim Biakabutuka. I won't go so far as to say they would be top-tier running backs, but Carter went #1 overall (ahead of fellow first-rounders Steve McNair, Joey Galloway, Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, Ty Law, Hugh Douglas and Ruben Brown) and Biakabutuka went #8 the next year (ahead of Eddie George, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds and Ray Lewis just in the first round; Lawyer Milloy and Mike Alstott weren't taken until the second round of that draft, some guy named Terrell Owens went in the 3rd round, Stephen Davis was a fourth-round pick, and Joe Horn & Zach Thomas in the fifth round just to show the depth of that particular draft) so they had to have some pretty good potential.

Guest clarencepool

Lionel Morgan of Wimbledon. He was suppose to be really really good, but he got injured about two years ago (can't remember what injury) and I don't think he's played since.

James Wesolowski - he's coming back in January and is only 17 but I honestly doubt he will be the influential player he was for us when he gets back. Bobo Balde of Celtic broke his leg in a friendly, heck of a talent and I pray he can be how he was but I've got a feeling he won't be. :(

Alf-Inge Haaland would be the next one for me, his career was still going from strength to strength before Roy Keane fucked him up.