PSP Question

Tarheels.

I know I could probably look this up but I figured that my faithful EWB'ers could help me out with this. One of the main factors of me getting a PSP is the onlin features. I know you can go online with the PSP but my two questions are 1, how do you go online. Do you have to buy a certain thing with the PSP to get it online. And 2, can you go online with games and play with people across the world?

Guest Future Shock

1. No. Has built in wi-fi. You can use it to even browse the web/stream radio/download shit too if you so desire.

2. Yes, but not many games have supported this option.

You can acsess a network via wifi so if you have acsess to a wireless network then you're good to go. If not then i'm not sure, there is a thing coming out for the DS that creates a hotspot using your existing internet connection but I don't know if it's compatible with the PSP or if there is a PSP version. Wi-Fi will drain the battery quicker I should imagine though.

As for games, i'm not sure they can be played online through normal methods. There's something about a hack to play games online but i'm not too sure.

Ah, turns out that Twisted Metal is coming out this friday and

is one of the first PAL titles to support PSPs Wireless Infrastructure mode - giving players who have mastered advanced moves such as rear fire, freeze missiles and FLAK the chance to show these skills off to rivals from all over Europe.
So I guess there will be a multitude of titles that will be able to use it now. Edited by King Ellis