Vitali Klitschko Retires

Guest muddatrucker

Which fight did you watch again? The fight I watched saw Klitschko own Lewis the enitre match except for one lucky punch that barely clipped Klitschko but did so just enough to cut him about his eye. Then I saw the doctor stop the fight, despite Klitschko still beating the fuck out of Lewis with his sight from one eye.

The heavyweight division is crap, if Rahman becomes champ then there will be two champions crowned in the past year without either defeating the current champion. There was the whole James Toney steroid thing that gave the belt to John Ruiz and now the sudden retirement may give the belt to Hasim Rahman by default. I don't know what the rules are but this division is flatlining...really fast. And even the other major champion, Chris Byrd, is nothing to write home about. He pussyfoots around the ring and just throws enough little jabs to win each round. We need someone in the heavyweight arena with a killer instinct that just bowls over people. At first I believed that to be Samuel Peter but his rise has been sidetracked by a ridiculous decision loss to the less talented of the Klitschko brothers, Wladimir.

Guest muddatrucker

I just hate all this 'But Klitschko would of won on points', what does that matter? he didn't make it to the final round 'cos he got his shit TKO'd, its like in football when one team has 90% of the possession and go on to lose 1-0, so what if you had the ball most of the game, when I had the ball I fucking scored, I didn't need to touch it again.

I could drive a Ferrari if I had $200,000, but the fact is, I don't so I can't, but hey, I'm dealing with it each day at a time man.

Track down video of the fight and tell me that Lewis wasn't lucky to make it past the 2nd round.

And for future reference, the lucky punch I'm referring to is the one that cut him. It's not hard to then target a huge cut on a guy's face. If the cut never started, none of those punches would have been as devistating. Also he didn't get knocked out, the doctor stopped a fight that he was willing to keep participating in. Hence him running around the ring screaming "No, No, No" after the ref called the fight.

post-347-1131687986.jpgpost-347-1131688003.jpgpost-347-1131688011.jpgpost-347-1131688140_thumb.jpg post-347-1131688199.jpg

post-347-1131687986.jpg

post-347-1131688003.jpg

post-347-1131688011.jpg

post-347-1131688140_thumb.jpg

post-347-1131688199.jpg

Edited by What Would Jesus Do?

Guest muddatrucker

The fact is, he did cut him, he did target it, he did win and it is classed as a knockout, I know thats hard to take, but the guy won and you've just gotta get over it.

He was lucky to get passed the 2nd round? the fact is he did. He was lucky to cut him? the fact is he did. He was lucky to win? the fuck is he did.

The punches you have posted are all useless, since they never amounted to a win, you could punch me in the face 1000 times, but If I hit you back once and your face caves in, I win.

WWJD what's the difference between a "lucky punch" that opens a gash that eventually required like 100 stitches, or a "lucky punch" that knocks someone out? I don't know why so many people act like Lewis didn't earn that win. He busted Vitali open with a (series of) punch(es), not a headbutt. If the roles had been reversed and Lewis was bleeding all over the place, I doubt most people would have called Klitschko's win bogus, and that's what pisses me off about boxing fans.

Guest clarencepool

What was Lewis meant to do? Not hit him in the cut? He created a weakness and took full advantage of the situation, and that's why he won and why he's one of the best of all time.

I doesn't matter who would have won the fight. Lewis is done now, and Vitali is done now. The Heavyweight Division is shit. Hell, Butterbean would be better then John Ruiz as Champ, at least Butterbean throws power punches for the 3 rounds he can fight in before fainting.

Fair play to Lewis he won, but anyone who says that he dominated the fight is either blind or doesn't have any knowledge of boxing. Naiwf in your scenerio where Klitschko had gotten a lucky punch and won, would Lewis had dominated the majority of the fight only to have the doctor stop it despite him wanting to continue? If so then I'd be making the same argument for him right now. Anyways this problem could have been solved by Lewis having the balls to take the rematch and he didn't, I think that's why so many people rally behind Klitschko when looking back on that fight. If Lewis takes the rematch and demolishes Klitschko then I think that the first fight would have look much move favorable for him. Not taking the fight made him look bad in the eyes of the majority of the boxing community, that being said he was the greatest of his generation. I don't know if I'd call him one of the best ever however as I think people like Frasier, Ali, Foreman, Tyson, Dempsey, Tunney, Johnson, Jeffries, Lewis, Marciano, and hell maybe even Holmes were all better than Lewis in their respective primes.

Guest muddatrucker

Klitschko still got beat fair and square, regardless of whether he wanted to carry on, if he had, he'd of been in even more of a mess, as a boxer you know you can lose because of these situations, so you don't let it happen if you want to win.

The decision wasn't controversial, going to points and losing would of been controversial, but Lewis never let that happen and he won.

I do believe that Lewis underestimated Klitschko and I did want him to take the rematch because IMO Lewis would of sorted his shit out and in turn knocked Klitschkos shit out, again.

Klitschko still got beat fair and square, regardless of whether he wanted to carry on, if he had, he'd of been in even more of a mess, as a boxer you know you can lose because of these situations, so you don't let it happen if you want to win.

The decision wasn't controversial, going to points and losing would of been controversial, but Lewis never let that happen and he won.

I do believe that Lewis underestimated Klitschko and I did want him to take the rematch because IMO Lewis would of sorted his shit out and in turn knocked Klitschkos shit out, again.

Lewis always underestimated opponents. Look at Rahman for an example of this. Hell, after the fight Rahman was scheduled for an interview with this guy who works at this small newspaper near his hometown of Aberdeen. The Baltimore Sun wasn't even planning on an immediate interview. Everybody thought Lewis would steamroll him.