No Holds Barred: Mixed Martial Arts

apsham

No Holds Barred

The main function of No Holds Barred:

MMA simulator is to simulate Mixed Martial Arts and K-1 fighting matches. For those users that watch UFC on a regular basis, you know the score. Choose from over 400 competitors to wrestle, box, punch, kick and submit their opponents. The match engine is incredibly versatile and in depth. Along with a Stoned Monkey approved quality layout and some new and improved additional features No Holds Barred promises to be one of the most exciting new releases on Stoned Monkey Software.

Game Features :-

Over 400 fighters to choose from around the globe

5 different weight classes

Create and edit fighters

Create and edit their moves

Create and edit their submission holds

Alright, so I know what you're thinking. Most of their releases aren't... well put together all that good. But give this one a chance, I think it's pretty fun to mess around with. And before anyone says anything, Benji encouraged me to post this here.

Edited by Apple Shampoo

Have it. I've played almost every version of it and it's improved vastly since it's first few versions. A non-MMA fan may not follow it or get it really, but you understand the sport and appreciate sim games, you'll enjoy it. It's fun to sim match-ups, especially simming upcoming PPV's or various dream cards. If you're are not an MMA fan, you'll probably not be too fond of the game and will exit it after 5 minutes. I'm salavating for the day that this gets a business aspect similar to EWR.

According to the game, 5 times out of 6 Forrest Griffin beats Stephan Bonnar by judge's decision.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

I downloaded it, and started setting up 15 round MMA fights. I think Dan Severn and Bob Sapp went 15 rounds before Severn got knocked out. That fight must've been like something out of Rocky.

Randy Couture vs. Chuck Liddell - UFC Rules - 5 Min Rounds, 5 Rounds

Result: RANDY COUTURE WINS BY MEDICAL STOPPAGE / CUT AT THE TIME OF 0:50 OF ROUND 5 .

I was surprised, Liddell had a cut for a good four rounds before the fight was ended.

-

Really useful program, I'll probably keep it around maybe even do a diary with it?

Who knows...

just held the first round of a UFC welterweight tournament

Duane "Bang" Ludwig Vs. Tiki

Tiki Fires an uppercut and straight cross but Duane blocks both shots and fires back with a hard inside low kick to the stomach. Tiki staggers back in pain and tells the ref he's had enough.

Duane Ludwig wins via verbal submission/fatigue at the time of 2:27 of the 1st round.

Renato Verissimo Vs. Josh Koscheck

Renato wins vai Unanimous decision

Matt Serra Vs. Nick Diaz

Serra wins via majority decision

Heath Sims vs. Brian Cassaway

Sims wins via majority decision

Georges St. Pierre Vs. Drew Fickett

Fickett tries to clinch but Pierre quickly locks on a guillotine choke. Drew Fickett trys to fight his way out but St. Pierre has the choke tightly locked.

St. Pierre wins via Sub /guillotine choke at the time of 1:10 of the 3rd round

Sean Sherk vs. Fabricio Nascimento

Sherk is in mount position and rains down tremendous blows on Fabricio. Big John McCarthy steps in and stops the fight before Fabricio gets hurt.

Sean Sherk wins via TKO / Referee stoppage\ ground strikes at 4:46 of 1st round

Chris Lytle vs. Laverne Clark

Lytle wins via unanimous decision

Jason Black vs. matt Hughes

Black drives hughes into the corner and fires off with a front kick to the body . sending matt hughes to the mat and out of it. McCarthy has no choice but to stop the fight. Jason Black wins via TKO\referee stoppage\ front kick to the body at 2:11 of 2nd round

Alex Karalexis vs. Pete Spratt

karalexis is in Spratt's half guard and begins throwing repeated elbows and punches to the midsection. Spratt isn't defending himself and Big John McCarthy calls for the bell. Alec KaraLexis wins via Tko\referee stoppage\Strikes from the guard at 3:37 of 2nd round.

Gideon Ray vs. Diego Sanchez

Gideo Ray ray wins via Tko\referee stoppage\ punches from the guard at 3:19 of 3nd round.

Bj Penn vs. Spencer Fisher

Bj Penn wins via Submission\Arm triangle at the time of 4:10 in 1st round.

Koji Oishi vs. Thomas Denny

Oishi wins via KO\ Elbow at the time of 4:55 of the 3rd round

Daisuke "13" Hanazawa vs. Jeremy Jackson

Daisuke "13" Hanazawa wins via majority decision

Karo Parisyan vs. Daiju Takase

Karo Parisyan wins via unanimous decision

Luke Cummo vs. Johil De Oliveera

Round 1 starts Cummo comes outand fires an uppercut followed by a straight cross , both blocked by Johil. Johil rushes and shoots for a single leg takedown. Cummo sidesteps and clinches Johil. Johil throws a few punches to the midsection but Luke Cummo absorbs the blows and unleashes a snap elbow to the head. Johil Crashes to the mat as John McCarthy calls for the bell.

Luke Cummo wins via KO \ snap elbow 18 seconds into round 1!

Very good first round matches especially Luke Cummo vs. Johil.

I'll sim round 2 up soon as well. this sim could be very handy

I've played previous versions of this (It was the program I was using in my short lived EWB's Ultimate Fighter diary) but the main problem I have with it is it's too tailored to stand up. I can understand it with fighters like Liddell, Tank, Robbie Lawler, etc but when Couture and Severn and co are trying to trade bombs with them, that's where I draw the line.

Really? Are you sure you're not just putting every fight under K-1 rules? Whenever I pick Couture and put him up against a guy like Liddell, Randy will go for the takedown often. When I sim fights, grapplers will try and take the fight to the ground against a fighter with a better standing game. That being said, try the new version if you haven't already, Troy, it improves plenty of minor things that were messed up or annoying in previous versions.

Really? Are you sure you're not just putting every fight under K-1 rules? Whenever I pick Couture and put him up against a guy like Liddell, Randy will go for the takedown often. When I sim fights, grapplers will try and take the fight to the ground against a fighter with a better standing game. That being said, try the new version if you haven't already, Troy, it improves plenty of minor things that were messed up or annoying in previous versions.

I haven't noticed this since I downloaded it. seems to me guys like Severen and Couture pretty much stick to the ground game. Try checking the persons stats and make sure they haven't got changed. also maybe the agressiveness could have something to do with it so before the match maybe turn it down a little for the fighter

you pick the fighter the ruleset you want to use(ufc , k1 , pride) and either you can auto sim it or slowly sim it so you can make changes to the fighters agressivness and etc at the end of the rounds. you can create cards or let the game create random cards for you.