X-Box 360 Rivalry Already

Benji

EA ships squad of 360 games

A team of four sports games lines up in stores; next-gen Tiger, Madden, FIFA, and NBA Live ready for competition.

Competition is at the heart of every man, woman, and child. However, sometimes it can be a little too sweaty. For those who still burn with competitive fire but would like to remain perspiration-free, Electronic Arts offers four sports games for the Xbox 360, all of which shipped today.

Just days after EA sent its first 360 game, Need for Speed Most Wanted, to stores, the publisher today announced that its remaining quartet of launch games--Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06, Madden NFL 06, NBA Live 06, and FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup--are now available. All four are rated E for Everyone and retail for $59.99.

Sports games won't be in short supply for the launch of the Xbox 360. Of the 18 next-gen games that will be on shelves November 22, seven of them will be pure sports games, all of which are contributed by rivals EA and 2K Sports.

All of the Xbox 360 sports games from EA are next-gen ports of games presently on current-gen consoles. Tiger Woods 06 challenges gamers to go up against nine of the world's most potent golfers, including Vijay Singh and Tiger himself. As the only licensed NFL game for the next generation of gaming, Madden NFL 06 brings the popular football franchise to the new system with updated presentation. In NBA Live 06, ballers tip-off against each other with enhanced graphics and animations, including all-important sweat physics. Finally, FIFA 06 lets cyber soccer players try out the world's most popular sport in high definition.

For more information on these games, check out GameSpot's Xbox 360 Launch Center for game footage and previews.

I'm on the edge what to get if I get a 360, I think I'll wait until the price lowers and the decent games start coming out, I've not seen anything that genuinely entices me to 'need' it on launch.

I don't know if I'm going to end up buying either of the new generation consoles (360/PS3), but are they planning on having all of these games retail at $60, or is that just the price of these few release games? It just seems to me like console gaming is getting more and more expensive lately for increasingly shorter games, while computer games have decreased in price over the last few years, while offering more and more content.

I'm leaning towards buying a 360 now, after trying it out. I loved the game I played, even though it was a demo (forgot the game title, it was a WW2 game though) and I might pick one up now that I have money (I can buy one off my friend who won on the everytenminutes.com promotion, he already signed up to buy one anyways)

I'm leaning towards buying a 360 now, after trying it out. I loved the game I played, even though it was a demo (forgot the game title, it was a WW2 game though) and I might pick one up now that I have money (I can buy one off my friend who won on the everytenminutes.com promotion, he already signed up to buy one anyways)