The Montreal Aftermath: WWF 1998

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the previous layout as it showed that you can still make a great diary without writing everything out in full, but this new layout was awesome as well, incredibly detailed. The downside is it will take you a lot longer to write each show, but I love getting to read the commentary, as it can really make a show great, and JR and King play the face and heel commentary roles perfectly.

In terms of the content, the push you are giving Graham is going well, and having his own weekly segment will continue to get him more over. Shame it came at the expense of McMahon, I am sure it was not your plan. It gets annoying on EWR when that kind of thing happens, I mean when Shelton came on Raw and beat Triple H, Triple H's overness wasn't really harmed, same as with HBK feuding with the debuting Spirit Squad, so I thought EWR was particularly hard on you there.

I don't really like Norton or Savio much, and having seen them too much, but I love Shamrock, and even if the wrestlers aren't that amazing, you use them very well, so it is easy to get into.

I know some people complained when the Quebecers got the titles, but when I briefly did a game based on this period in WWE, inspired by you, I found they put on consistently good matches, so I wouldn't mind them getting the titles.

Rocky and Mero's segment was a good way to buildup the tension before the PPV, I thought they would get it on, but they have fought quite a lot recently, just letting them talk saves something for the PPV.

The main event was a good booking choice for the readers, to witness more tension before the PPV, but if you have a feud between Double J and Triple H as one of your feuds in your game, I am guessing using these tag matches doesn't build the feuds up so well. However, I like the booking of having strange bedfellows, so I think it should work well.

My only minor gripe with the diary would perhaps be that too many of the characters you introduce get given different names and gimmicks, so it might eventually become hard to keep up with who is who, but right now it is not too much of a problem, and I can understand that you do it so that your game doesn't play out too similarly to the real WWF during this period. It is great however how you are managing to create stars, getting rid of Taker and Austin at the beginning so that the shows don't revolve around them, and making this diary different and challenging.

Anyway, I love this diary, in my opinion this is easily the most impressive diary on this board, I have read it since I signed up and finally decided to write some comments as I have started to become more active in the diary section. I read through the WCW thread you made as well, which was also great, although it was a shame you ended it just as it was getting so exciting, I really wanted to see what would happen onscreen and backstage. Anyway this great, as I say you make stars rather than make things easy for yourself, and I feel this diary is the best as it is retro, which is always good to read, and is a unique enough diary as it is, whilst other members seem to feel the need to overcomplicate things by trying to make their diary as unique as possible, when in fact you don't need to, as it just becomes too complicated, whilst this is easy to follow, yet detailed and unique enough compared to over diaries.

As for In Your House, I think Hunter will take the title, because if he goes down to Double J again he make look too weak, and with HBK surely due to return soon from rehab, it will prepare us for the feud I expect you to angle for between the two for the title. It is hard to call Mero/Rocky, because Mero is being pushed nicely in this thread, but the Rock is a future main eventer. Mero could win to allow Rocky to focus on the main event scene, but then if Rocky loses he might look too weak to move up a notch. I think Legion of Doom will retain, hopefully Shamrock will win. I guess Kane will do something in the next part of the show, I expect him to win his PPV match. A heel turn must be oncoming, as Rocky, Flair, Double J and Kane are all face and the only major heel is Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Anyway, I shall see in due course. Just wanted to give you kudos for a great diary. I kind of preferred the old font, but its your diary. Hopefully it will be updated more frequently from now on, but I don't blame you for having a life!

HERE'S THE 2ND PART OF THE MONDAY NIGHT RAW CARD. ENJOY.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

~The New Age Outlaws vs. The Bushwhackers~

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to RAW! Up next, the New Age Outlaws take on The Bushwhackers! If the Outlaws win, they get to be the third wheel in the WWF Tag Team Title Match at Over The Edge with Legion of Doom and The Quebecers!

Jerry Lawler: Oh, crap. Here come the Bushwhackers, JR. They're disgusting!

(The Bushwhackers walk out, all cheery and stuff. The crowd pops mildly for them.)

Jerry Lawler: Tell me, JR, how in the world did these guys become wrestlers again?

Jim Ross: Well... they're big with the fans, King!

Jerry Lawler: Just keep them away from my robe and crown!

("Oh You Didn't Know!?" The New Age Outlaws walk out, the crowd is still mixed, but they are mostly booing these guys)

Road Dogg: Oh you didn't know!? Your ass betta' call somebody!!!! Listen up, you dumb California hoochies! Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls, children of all ages... the D-Generation X Army proudly brings to you... soon to be the next WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOORLD! The Road Dogg Jesse James, the Badd Ass Billy Gunn, the NEW AGE OUTLAWS!!!

Billy Gunn: And we've got a very special message to Los Angeles....

Both: ...SUCK IT!

Jim Ross: Classy, just classy.

Jerry Lawler: Suck it, JR! It's the hottest thing right now!

Jim Ross: I would prefer to suck nothing, King.

Jerry Lawler: Don't be a spoil-sport JR! Suck it!

Jim Ross: These guys are brash and rebellious. But they're one of the hottest teams in the WWF right now, and you can't deny that they have talent. If they win here, they get a shot at the Tag Team Titles this Sunday night.

(Road Dogg and Luke start the match. They lock up. Luke pushes Dogg into a corner, and then licks his face. Luke does the Bushwhacker march and Road Dogg wheels away in disgust.)

Jim Ross: Road Dogg and Luke lock up, and Luke shows us his power. And the Bushwhacker just stuns the Road Dogg with that move!

Jerry Lawler: That's sick, JR!

Jim Ross: The Bushwhackers have an unorthodox style, King.

(Dogg and Luke lock up once again. This time, Road Dogg gets the upper hand. He puts Luke in a side-headlock. Luke elbows his way out, and throws Road Dogg to the ropes. Road Dogg comes bouncing back with a clothesline.)

Jim Ross: Here's Road Dogg with a headlock. Luke powers out. Road Dogg across the ropes, and he flattens Luke with that clothesline!

(Luke sits up, as Road Dogg measures him. Dogg goes for a rear-chinlock. Luke powers out of that one as well. He gets to his feet and throws Road Dogg to the ropes again. Dogg goes for another clothesline, but Luke ducks. Dogg bounces off the ropes and is met with a shoulderblock from Luke. Dogg crashes to the mat.)

Jim Ross: Road Dogg is trying to wear Luke down. Luke is powering out of the hold!

Jerry Lawler: Quick Road Dogg, do something!

Jim Ross: Luke throws Road Dogg to the ropes, he ducks a clothesline... and hits Road Dogg with a big shoulder tackle! That rattled his senses!

(Luke does his Bushwhacker dance. Road Dogg sits up and tags in Billy Gunn. Luke tags Butch in.)

Jim Ross: Road Dogg looks like he's had enough. Here's Badd Ass Billy Gunn... and here's Butch!

(Billy Gunn and Butch lock-up. Gunn kicks Butch in the gut. He hoists him up and hits a snap suplex. Gunn goes for the cover.)

Jim Ross: There's a suplex from Billy Gunn, and he quickly covers. (*whump*) That only gets a one count from the referee.

(Gunn pulls Butch up, and throws him to the ropes. Butch reverses, and Gunn bounces off the ropes. He hits Butch with a flying shoulder-tackle, and then covers.)

Jim Ross: Butch with the reverse... but Gunn comes off with a nice shoulder-tackle! Gunn goes for the cover again! (*whump* *whump*) And that only gets two.

(Gunn stands up and hits an elbow drop on Butch. He goes for another elbow drop. Gunn then tags in Road Dogg. Dogg goes into the ring and hits a Shake-Rattle-and-Roll Knee-Drop on Butch. Road Dogg covers.)

Jim Ross: Two solid elbows from Bad Ass leaves Butch prone in the ring... and Billy Gunn tags in Road Dogg!

Jerry Lawler: ...watch this, JR! Shake, Rattle, and Roll! I love it!

Jim Ross: Road Dogg covers! (*whump* *whump*) And Butch kicks out at two and a half!

(Road Dogg pulls Butch up. Butch surprises him with a small package!)

Jim Ross: Road Dogg is in control... a small package from Butch! (*whump* *whump*) So close! Butch caught him napping there!

(Road Dogg and Butch slowly get up. Dogg kicks Butch in the gut. Billy Gunn goes outside, and he goes over to Luke's side of the ring. The ref sees this and he jumps out to stop Billy Gunn. Road Dogg pulls out a pair of brass knucks from his tights. He smashes it into Butch's forehead, throws the knucks away and then covers.)

Jim Ross: These two superstars are slow to get back on their feet. Road Dogg stops Butch in his tracks with that kick right there... what's that? Billy Gunn has gone off the apron...

Jerry Lawler: ...he's looking for a fight with Luke! I'm loving this!

Jim Ross: ...and the referee jumps in to stop Billy Gunn. Wait a minute, Road Dogg just pulled something out of his tights... and Butch falls down like a log!!! What was that? It was a pair of brass knuckles... come on!

Jerry Lawler: Are you going blind JR? I didn't see anyting!

Jim Ross: Yeah, right, King... and I didn't see Road Dogg just whip out a pair of brass knuckles and clobber Butch with it. Road Dogg goes for the cover (*whump* *whump* *whump*)... and that's all she wrote.

Jerry Lawler: Do you know what this means, JR? We're going to have a three-way match for the WWF Tag Team Titles this Sunday!

Jim Ross: Thanks to a foreign object introduced by that man in the ring, the Road Dogg.

Jerry Lawler: You ought to lighten up, JR! All this stress is going to kill you!

Jim Ross: They cheated, King! They cheated to win. Dirty to the core, those DX members...

(Road Dogg and Billy Gunn pose, and crotch chops the crowd before leaving the ring.)

Jerry Lawler: Suck it, JR!

Jim Ross: It's going to be the Quebecers and the New Age Outlaws challenging the Legion of Doom for the WWF Tag Team Titles this Sunday at In Your House: Over The Edge!

Jerry Lawler: That's going to be some match! And we can be sure that the Legion of Doom won't be leaving In Your House with the belts!

Jim Ross: What makes you say that?

Jerry Lawler: I mean, take a look! It's the Quebecers! The New Age Outlaws! One of those teams are going to win the titles!

Jim Ross: Anything can happen in the WWF, King! Folks, last night on WWF HEAT!, Jackyl, Kurrgan's manager was abducted by unknown individuals. Of course, we know that those individuals were probably hired by Paul Bearer... what Paul Bearer and Kane have in store for The Jackyl? We don't know... wait... what's going on with the Titan-tron?

(The Titantron flickers a bit. The clear image of The Jackyl sitting in a chair, bound by leather straps is seen. An eerie red glow surrounds him, with a smoke-like fog crawling beneath his feet. The Jackyl struggles as he tries to move, but is unable to.)

Jackyl: Do you know who I am!? Do you know who I am!? I am The Jackyl!? Get me the hell out of here RIGHT NOW! Someone... HELP! HELP ME! I'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED!

(Suddenly, a huge shadow casts itself on Jackyl from behind. It's Kane. The crowd sees him, and cheers. He stands behind Jackyl and slowly breathes through his mask... close enough for Jackyl to feel it on the nape of his neck. Jackyl shuts up quickly. Paul Bearer then comes from behind and reveals himself to the "prisoner")

Paul Bearer: OOOOH YEESSSSS! Scream all you want! Nobody can save you now! The hour of judgement is at hand, Jackyl! OOOH YESSS! My monster... my SON... Kane... will soon teach you the meaning of TRUE suffering! There will be no mercy shown! You will feel your flesh burn, your body mangled and broken... and when my Kane is through with your rotting corpse... you will realize that there is no heaven... there is no hell... there is only PAIN!!! OOOOOOH YESSSSS!

Jackyl: Oh Jesus Christ, no! Don't! I'll do anything! What do you want!? Money!? Don't do this to me, damnit! No!

Paul Bearer: Do you want to save yourself!? Do you want to LIVE!?

Jackyl: ANYTHING! JUST DON'T LET THAT FREAK TOUCH ME!

Paul Bearer: This Sunday... at Over The Edge... KANE... and KURRGAN... in a... CASKET MATCH!!! OOOOOH YESSSSS!!!!

Jackyl: YES! YES! DAMNIT! WHERE DO I SIGN!? JUST LET ME GO! PLEASE!

Paul Bearer: (laughs uncontrolably)

(The screen flickers again, and the feed stops. We cut back to the announcer's table.)

Jim Ross: My God... Kane and Paul Bearer have arranged for a Casket Match to happen THIS SUNDAY!

Jerry Lawler: Someone call 911! Who knows what Kane and Paul Bearer could be doing to Jackyl right now!

Jim Ross: Whatever it is, he probably deserves it. And now we've got a Casket Match scheduled for Over The Edge!

~#1 Contendership Match to the LightHeavyweight Title: Scott Taylor vs. Jay Reso~

(Scott Taylor's music starts playing. The crowd cheers for the lovable underdog lightheavyweight. He heads to the ring, ready to rumble.)

Jim Ross: Folks, the next match is to determine the number one contender to the WWF Lightheavyweight Title, currently held by the champ, Taka Michinoku.

Jerry Lawler: I can't stand Taka, JR. He should at least learn to speak some english!

Jim Ross: That's absurd King! He's a gifted athlete, and most definitely deserving of the Title!

Jerry Lawler: Gifted or not, I can't respect anyone who doesn't speak my language.

Jim Ross: You're incorrigible, King. Anyway, we've got Scott Taylor in the ring right now... Scott hasn't had much o a winning record here in the WWF, but who knows... his luck may change tonight.

Jerry Lawler: Please... this is going to be a cakewalk for Jay Reso!

Jim Ross: Reso is a gifted athlete as well, King, but you can't count anyone out when something as big as this title shot is on the line.

(Jay Reso walks out, and receives a chorus of boos from the crowd. He ignores them, and walks his way down the aisle.)

Jerry Lawler: Take a look at the next LightHeavyweight Champ, JR!

Jim Ross: There's Jay Reso, folks. He "retired" a couple of weeks ago... but apparently, all he wanted was revenge on Taka Michinoku for beating him in a "Suicide Rules" match.

Jerry Lawler: Jay Reso has got more brains than that Japanese chump of ours!

Jim Ross: But he has to beat Scott Taylor here tonight if he wants that title shot.

Jerry Lawler: It's a cakewalk, JR! I told you!

Jim Ross: We'll see, King. The match is about to go underway.

(The opening bell rings. Taylor and Reso lock up. Reso immediately goes for a hammerlock. Taylor reverses it. Reso reverses it again, and this time goes into an armwrench. Taylor grimaces a bit, before back-flipping and armwrenching Reso as well. Reso quickly goes to the ropes, and Taylor lets go.)

Jim Ross: A series of reverses and holds from both competitors, and Jay Reso finally decides he's had enough and goes to the ropes!

(They lock up again. Jay Reso goes for a headlock. Taylor pushes him to the ropes and attempts to sling him off, but Reso holds on. Taylor then shoulder-suplexes Reso onto the mat. Taylor bounces off the ropes as Reso stands up, and hits a body press. Taylor covers.)

Jim Ross: Reso with the headlock. Taylor tries to shake him off, but Reso won't let go. Nice suplex from Taylor! He's off the ropes, and his a body press! (*whump* *whump*) That gets a two count.

(Reso kicks out. Taylor pulls Reso up, he throws him to the turnbuckle. Taylor follows up with a running elbow! Reso staggers forward, Taylor runs across the ropes and hits a bulldog. He covers.)

Jim Ross: Jay Reso hits the turnbuckle with force! And an elbow from Taylor! Bulldog! (*whump* *whump*) That's another near fall.

Jerry Lawler: Come on, Jay! Do something about this!

(Taylor stands up and pulls Reso to his feet. Reso kicks Taylor in the gut, from out of nowhere. Reso hits a DDT.)

Jim Ross: Solid DDT from Reso! That's sure to stop anyone at anytime!

(Reso starts putting the boots on Taylor. He drags Taylor towards a turnbuckle and positions him. Reso climbs to the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a legdrop. Reso covers.)

Jim Ross: Jay Reso is stomping the life out of Scott Taylor. Reso sets Taylor up, and hits a legdrop! (*whump* *whump*) That gets him a two!

Jerry Lawler: This is as good as over, JR! Jay Reso is cleaning house!

(Reso pulls Taylor to his feet. Reso punches Taylor twice, before throwing him to the ropes. Taylor bounces back, and Reso hits a nasty looking clothesline. Taylor bounces off the ropes, and he hits a rolling sommersault onto Taylor. He covers.)

Jim Ross: Jay Reso with a couple of fists! Taylor off the ropes, and Reso hits that clothesline!

Jerry Lawler:I felt that, JR!

Jim Ross: Reso with an amazing move on Taylor! (*whump* *whump*) But that only gets him two!

Jerry Lawler: That's what amazing athetes do, JR!

Jim Ross: He may be an amazing athlete, but something is definitely wrong about that kid.

(Reso cockily taunts the crowd. He turns around, only to receive a small package from Taylor.)

Jim Ross: Jay Reso is wasting his time there... a roll-up from Scott Taylor! (*whump*) One! (*whump*) Two! (*whump*) Three! Scott Taylor has done it!!!

Jerry Lawler: WHAT!?

Jim Ross: MY GOD! What an upset from Scott Taylor! Scott Taylor goes on to Over The Edge as the number one contender to the Lightheavyweight Title!

Jerry Lawler: That's not right, JR! Jay Reso deserves that shot!

Jim Ross: He got cocky, King, and he paid for it, big time!

(Scott Taylor bolts out of the ring as the crowd cheers. He raises his hands in astonishment. Jay Reso sits up, in complete disbelief. he starts going nuts inside the ring, he finally makes his way back, while the crowd boos him.)

Jim Ross: That's what happens when you don't pay attention to your opponent, King! Jay Reso just lost his shot at Taka Michinoku!

Jerry Lawler: That's not the way this match was supposed to go!

Jim Ross: He'll have to live with it, King.

(With the ring cleared up, the arena's sound system fills with the tunes of "Highway To Hell" by ACDC. The crowd cheers as Dustin Rhodes walks out and makes his way to the ring.)

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentlemen, Dustin Rhodes is here!

Jerry Lawler: What does he have to say? That Crush basically beat him up last night!

Jim Ross: Folks, as you all know, Dustin Rhodes is scheduled to take on Crush this Sunday Night at In Your House: Over The Edge!

(Rhodes has a microphone.)

Dustin Rhodes: Six days, baby.

(The crowd cheers.)

Dustin Rhodes: Six days before I go one-on-one with Crush. Six days before he gets a healthy dose of payback! Can you feel, it, brutha? Can you feel it? Six days! I've been beat up, I've been bloodied, I feel like I've been in a car crash... but oh baby, I can't wait for Sunday!

(More cheers)

Dustin Rhodes: But see... I want to do something tonight... I want to look Crush in the eye, and tell him... TO HIS FACE... that at Sunday, I will GET my payback! So, Crush, if you have the balls... I want you to get the hell out here, walk down that aisle and step into this ring!

("Are You Ready?" Crush walks out on Cue. The fans boo him. Crush heads down the ring and goes face to face with Dustin Rhodes.)

Crush: You want to talk to me? You want to tell me to MY FACE that you're going to beat me up? I'd like to see you try, Rhodes... because I can SNAP your neck... just LIKE THAT! (snaps his fingers)

Dustin Rhodes: Now that I've got you here... Crush, this Sunday night, it's going to be payback time for me... you've got NO idea what I have in store for you at In Your House. But you know what? Why wait for Sunday Night? Because we can do this right here... RIGHT NOW!!!

(Rhodes smashes the microphone into Crush's skull, taking the big man by surprise. That cuts Crush wide open, and Rhodes hits a Lou Thesz press, mounting the big man. Rhodes delviers a series of right hands on the exposed forehead of Crush.)

Jim Ross: Crush just got a taste of microphone from Dustin Rhodes! And Rhodes is kicking ass right now!

Jerry Lawler: Someone get down here! Savio! Security!

(HoS Savio and a hanful of his security staff start running down the aisle. Dustin Rhodes is pulled off of Crush. The fans are cheering. Both men are escorted to the back.)

Jim Ross: Dustin Rhodes just gave Crush a preview of what to expect this Sunday at Over The Edge!

Jerry Lawler: That was uncalled for, JR! Crush didn't know what hit him!

Jim Ross: Well, he's got little to complain about, King! DX has been asaulting WWF Superstars during the past month or so!

Jerry Lawler: That's a different thing!

Jim Ross: That's what you think. Anyway, folks... sit tight, because up next... Triple H, Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett will be facing the McMahon Associates in a six-man tag match!

Jerry Lawler: This looks like it's going to be a "sloberknocker", right JR?

Jim Ross: Indeed it is, King! And that match is NEXT!

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

~Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett vs. The McMahon Associates: Barry, Bartholomew and Robert~

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentlemen... it's time for tonight's Main Event!

("No Chance!" The McMahon Associates walk out. Barry, Bartholomew and Robert make their way to the ring, to a hostile crowd reaction.)

Jim Ross: And there they are... the McMahon Associates, Barry Windham, Bartholomew Gunn and Robert Holly... more like the McMahon Stooges if you ask me.

Jerry Lawler: They've got the best jobs in the world, JR! Working under Vince McMahon... our CHAIRMAN!

Jim Ross: Maybe your dream job, King, but not mine.

("Sprach Zarathustra" starts playing. The fans go NUTS. Ric Flair walks out in a flowing green robe. He slowly walks down the aisle and soaks up the crowd's reaction.)

Jim Ross: There he is, King! The Nature Boy! He's held countless World Titles over the past two decades... and he's HERE TONIGHT!

Jerry Lawler: He's what? Eighty? Ric Flair should pack it up... and retire!

Jim Ross: Ric Flair is THE MAN... as he calls himself... and tonight, he's teaming up with two of the best in the WWF to take on McMahon's troops!

("Are You Ready?" HHH walks out. The fans boo him immediately. HHH walks down the aisle, never taking his eyes off of Flair. As he steps into the ring, HHH quickly goes face to face with The Nature Boy.)

Jim Ross: And there he is, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. The "leader" of DX. Ever since Shawn Michaels has been sidelined, he's taken over one of the deadliest stables in the history of this business! But so far, it has not resulted in a WWF Title reign for Triple H.

Jerry Lawler: That all ends this Sunday, when Hunter gets what he deserves!

Jim Ross: An ass-whooping?

Jerry Lawler: The WWF Title!

Jim Ross: Oh, we were clearly thinking about two different things, King. Helmsley has done everything he can to weaken Flair and Jeff Jarrett on the way to In Your House: Over The Edge! I think tonight will be no different.

("Cowboy... Cowboy... I'm just a Cowboy, baby!" Jeff Jarrett walks out to a huge ovation, distracting Flair and Helmsley from their little face-off inside the ring. The WWF Champ walks down the aisle, with the WWF Title wrapped around his waist. Jarrett steps in, and raises the title to the crowd.)

Jim Ross: The WWF Champion is here! Jeff Jarrett has arrived, folks, and we are set for this six-man tag-team match!

Jerry Lawler: I can't stand Double J. He's changed... for the worse!

Jim Ross: ...or for the better, King, depending on your point of view!

(HHH, JJ and Flair all eye each other warily. Assoc. Robert is the first man from his team, while Jeff Jarrett is first for his.)

Jim Ross: This is going to be a slobberknocker folks!

(Jarrett and Robert lock up. Robert pushes JJ to the ropes. He then slingshots JJ across, but JJ comes back with a clothesline.)

Jim Ross: Double J and Robert lock up! Here's a slingshot... but Jarrett comes back with a vicious clothesline! Hello! That woke Robert up!

(Jarrett allows Robert to get back up. They lock-up again, but this time Robert hits a poke to the eye on Jarrett. Jarrett is stunned. Robert goes for a belly-toback hold, and then executes a german suplex.)

Jim Ross: Jarrett showing the class of a champion, allowing Robert to stand up.

Jerry Lawler: The class of a champion? Double J HAS NO CLASS!

Jim Ross: That's what people like you think, King. Robert with a poke to the eye! Come on! That's not necessary! And a german suplex brings the champion down to the mat!

(Robert tags in Bartholomew. They hit a double-team suplex on Jarrett. Bartholomew covers)

Jim Ross: Associate Bartholomew is now in the ring. Double vertical suplex! Bartholomew is quick to cover! (*whump* *whump*) Only a two! Jarrett kicks out!

(Bartholomew pulls Jarrett up, he throws him across the ring into a turnbuckle. Jarrett hits it hard! Bartholomew with a follow up clothesline, but Jarrett raises his feet and feeds Bartholomew with a stiff kick to the face.)

Jim Ross: Bartholomew was once a WWF tag-team champion, King, now he's just a lackey to Vince McMahon.

Jerry Lawler: Don't you know that's a STEP UP in this business, JR?

Jim Ross: Not where I come from. Ouch! Jarrett with a successful counter! Bartholomew just ate leather!

(Jarrett waits for the dazed Bartholomew to turn his back. And Jarrett hits a running bulldog/facecrusher. This gives him an opening. Jarrett slowly goes towards to his corner, while Bartholomew to his. Jarrett tags in Flair, while Bartholomew tags in Barry.)

Jim Ross: That's a bulldog from Double J! And both men are down! Jarrett is crawling to his corner... hot tag to Flair! Barry Windham is in!

(Flair and Windham run at each other. Flair hits a chop, and Windham goes down. He gets up and gets knocked back down with another chop from Flair.)

Jim Ross: The Nature Boy is unleashing some flesh-searing chops!

(Flair throws Windham to the ropes, but Windham reverses. Flair bounces off the ropes, Windham lowers his head for a backdrop. But Flair stops on his tracks, gets down to one knee and pokes Windham in the eye.)

Jim Ross: Flair with the throw... reversed by Windham... and Flair got the better of Windham right there!

Jerry Lawler: That's cheating!

Jim Ross: He's the dirtiest player in the game, King!

Jerry Lawler: Someone disqualify him!

Jim Ross: Is that even necessary?

(Flair sweeps Windham's legs, and then quickly puts in a leg-lock. Windham winces as Flair winds up his right leg. Flair hits a series of elbows on Windham's leg, and then kicks it for good measure.)

Jim Ross: Ric Flair's going for the legs! You know what that means, the Figure Four is soon to come!

(Flair looks at the crowd as lets out a "WHOO!" the crowd reciprocates. Flair goes for the Figure Four. But Windham counters with a kick that pushes Flair away.)

Jim Ross: Here's the figure four! But Windham had it well-scouted! There's a history between these two men... and it dates back from back in the late eighties.

Jerry Lawler: Associate Barry knows Flair like the back of his hand, JR!

Jim Ross: And I'm sure Ric Flair knows Windham's game as well, King.

(Flair goes over to his corner, and wants to tag HHH, but Helmsley gets off the apron. Flair is livid! Jarrett jumps off the apron as well, and confronts Helmsley. Barry tags in Robert.)

Jim Ross: What was that!? Flair wanted Helmsley in, but Triple H refused!

Jerry Lawler: Hunter isn't stupid, JR! He's not going to waste energy in tonight's match! He's reserving it all for Over The Edge!

(Flair and Robert lock up. Robert pushes Flair into a corner, and the sucker punches him the face. Outside, Jarrett and Helmsley are having a heated argument.)

Jim Ross: There's a cheap shot by Robert on Flair! Hold on, what's going on outside!?

Jerry Lawler: Jeff Jarrett and Hunter Hearst Helmsley are arguing, JR!

(The referee is now distracted by what's happening outside the ring. Robert throws Flair into their corner. The two other Associates jump inside the ring, and they triple-team Flair.)

Jim Ross: The Associates are using the distraction to their advantage! Three-on-one on Flair now!

(Jeff Jarret shoves Helmsley in frustration. Helmsley shoves back. Jarrett delivers a chop on Helmsley's chest. Helmsley answers back with a chop of his own. And a fistfight breaks out.)

Jerry Lawler: Jarrett just shoved Hunter Hearst Helmsley!!!

Jim Ross: And a fight has broken out King!!!

Jerry Lawler: GET HIM, HUNTER!!!

(The referee jumps out and clears up the brawl. The triple-team ensues in the ring. Flair is beaten up, and is set-up for a Sidewinder from Robert and Bartholomew!)

Jim Ross: The referee's jumped out! Jeff Jarrett and Helmsley are at each other's throats!

Jerry Lawler: Look inside the ring, JR! The Associates are going to win this!

(Helmsley finally breaks away from Jarrett and leaves. The Associates hit the Sidewinder! Associate Robert covers. The ref jumps in to count.)

Jim Ross: Take a look at that, King. Helmsley is leaving. He doesn't give a damn about this match!

Jerry Lawler: Why should he, JR? All he wants in the title around his waist!

Jim Ross: Hunter Hearst Helmsley is conniving, selfish and a lowlife. Waitaminute... the Associates just hit the Sidewinder on Flair! (*whump*) No, not this way! (*whump*) JARRETT BREAKS THE COUNT! JEFF JARRETT JUST DOVE IN AND BROKE THE COUNT!

(The Associates rush after Jarrett. Double J tosses Bartholomew over the top rope. He kicks Barry in the gut and hits a DDT. He then throws Robert across the ropes and hits a back-body drop. Jarrett waits for Robert to stand up, and hits a reverse side-russian legsweep.)

Jim Ross: Jeff Jarrett is CLEANING HOUSE! Goodbye Bart Gunn! A DDT on Windham! BIG BACK BODY DROP on Robert! He's stalking Robert... THE REVERSE SIDE-RUSSIAN LEGSWEEP FROM JARRETT!!!

Jerry Lawler: No, no, no... Mr. McMahon isn't going to like this...

(Jarrett pulls Flair on top of Robert. The referee counts.)

Jim Ross: Here's the cover! (*whump* *whump* *whump*) Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett have won! No thanks to Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

Jerry Lawler: Mr. McMahon is NOT going to like this!

(The Associates recover outside. Jarrett slowly pulls Flair up. Jarrett raises Flair's hand. But Flair pulls it away! Flair seems angry that he got triple-teamed! They start arguing.)

Jim Ross: Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett have won... wait... Ric Flair doesn't seem to appreciate what happened earlier...

(Jarrett tries to explain, but Flair is having none of it! Flair SLAPS Jarrett in the face! Jarrett controls himself.. before letting out a huge FIST! FLAIR AND JARRETT EXCHANGE PUNCHES! STAFF AND SECURITY RUN INTO THE RING TO STOP THE TWO MEN!)

Jim Ross: Flair's not listening to Jarrett's explanation... OH MY! THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR! AND A FIGHT HAS BROKEN OUT! HERE'S THE CAVALRY!

Jerry Lawler: I love it, JR! Flair and Jeff Jarrett can't coexist together... not with the WWF Title up for grabs this Sunday Night!

(Hunter Hearst Helmsley appears on top of the ramp, with a huge smile on his face and the staff and security contain both men inside the ring. The camera focuses on him as JR closes the show.)

Jim Ross: And there's that snake... Hunter Hearst Helmsley... is he going to win the title this Sunday Night at In Your House!? LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THAT'S ALL THE TIME WE HAVE! REMEMBER TO ORDER THE PPV, WE WILL ALL SEE YOU ON SUNDAY! GOODNIGHT!

Segments:

• Genius Joint (Rating:80)
  • The Quebecers def. Legend/Hardy (Rating:73)
  • Public Enemy promo (Rating:68)
  • Norton def. Aguila (Rating:58)
  • Marc Mero interview (Rating:87)
  • Rocky Maivia/Marc Mero angle (Rating:86)
  • New Age Outlaws def. Bushwhackers (Rating:66)
  • Kane/Bearer/Jackyl angle (Rating:75)
  • Scott Taylor def. Jay Reso (Rating:86)
  • Crush/Dustin Rhodes angle (Rating:74)
  • Flair/Helmsley/Jarrett def. The Associates (Rating:77)
Edited by wrestlingsuicide

I loved the previous layout as it showed that you can still make a great diary without writing everything out in full, but this new layout was awesome as well, incredibly detailed. The downside is it will take you a lot longer to write each show, but I love getting to read the commentary, as it can really make a show great, and JR and King play the face and heel commentary roles perfectly.

In terms of the content, the push you are giving Graham is going well, and having his own weekly segment will continue to get him more over. Shame it came at the expense of McMahon, I am sure it was not your plan. It gets annoying on EWR when that kind of thing happens, I mean when Shelton came on Raw and beat Triple H, Triple H's overness wasn't really harmed, same as with HBK feuding with the debuting Spirit Squad, so I thought EWR was particularly hard on you there.

I don't really like Norton or Savio much, and having seen them too much, but I love Shamrock, and even if the wrestlers aren't that amazing, you use them very well, so it is easy to get into.

I know some people complained when the Quebecers got the titles, but when I briefly did a game based on this period in WWE, inspired by you, I found they put on consistently good matches, so I wouldn't mind them getting the titles.

Rocky and Mero's segment was a good way to buildup the tension before the PPV, I thought they would get it on, but they have fought quite a lot recently, just letting them talk saves something for the PPV.

The main event was a good booking choice for the readers, to witness more tension before the PPV, but if you have a feud between Double J and Triple H as one of your feuds in your game, I am guessing using these tag matches doesn't build the feuds up so well. However, I like the booking of having strange bedfellows, so I think it should work well.

My only minor gripe with the diary would perhaps be that too many of the characters you introduce get given different names and gimmicks, so it might eventually become hard to keep up with who is who, but right now it is not too much of a problem, and I can understand that you do it so that your game doesn't play out too similarly to the real WWF during this period. It is great however how you are managing to create stars, getting rid of Taker and Austin at the beginning so that the shows don't revolve around them, and making this diary different and challenging.

Anyway, I love this diary, in my opinion this is easily the most impressive diary on this board, I have read it since I signed up and finally decided to write some comments as I have started to become more active in the diary section. I read through the WCW thread you made as well, which was also great, although it was a shame you ended it just as it was getting so exciting, I really wanted to see what would happen onscreen and backstage. Anyway this great, as I say you make stars rather than make things easy for yourself, and I feel this diary is the best as it is retro, which is always good to read, and is a unique enough diary as it is, whilst other members seem to feel the need to overcomplicate things by trying to make their diary as unique as possible, when in fact you don't need to, as it just becomes too complicated, whilst this is easy to follow, yet detailed and unique enough compared to over diaries.

As for In Your House, I think Hunter will take the title, because if he goes down to Double J again he make look too weak, and with HBK surely due to return soon from rehab, it will prepare us for the feud I expect you to angle for between the two for the title. It is hard to call Mero/Rocky, because Mero is being pushed nicely in this thread, but the Rock is a future main eventer. Mero could win to allow Rocky to focus on the main event scene, but then if Rocky loses he might look too weak to move up a notch. I think Legion of Doom will retain, hopefully Shamrock will win. I guess Kane will do something in the next part of the show, I expect him to win his PPV match. A heel turn must be oncoming, as Rocky, Flair, Double J and Kane are all face and the only major heel is Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Anyway, I shall see in due course. Just wanted to give you kudos for a great diary. I kind of preferred the old font, but its your diary. Hopefully it will be updated more frequently from now on, but I don't blame you for having a life!

IN YOUR HOUSE: OVER THE EDGE

May. 24, 1998

IPB Image

(Wrong date on poster, supposed to be May 24. Anyway, thanks to Kempay for the poster)

Full Card (subject to change):Tables Match: Public Enemy vs. Full ThrottleWWF LightHeavyweight Championship: Taka Michinoku© vs. Scott TaylorKen Shamrock vs. Norton (w/ Savio)Casket Match: Kane vs. KurrganWWF Tag Team Championship: Legion of Doom© vs. The Quebecers vs. The New Age Outlaws Dustin Rhodes vs. CrushWWF Intercontinental Championship: Marc Mero© vs. Rocky MaiviaWWF Championship: Jeff Jarrett© vs. Ric Flair vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Are you doing predictions?

Tables Match: Public Enemy vs. Full Throttle: Young tag teams traditionally should get the big push. This is the start of Full Throttle's and you should get a decent hardcore affair out of PE.

WWF Light Heavyweight Championship: Taka Michinoku© vs. Scott Taylor: I just think it best that Taka retains at the moment- Scotty isn't ready yet.

Ken Shamrock vs. Norton (w/ Savio): Shamrock needs some revenge after that cage match a couple of weeks ago. The stage is set for a monster Shamrock push!

Casket Match: Kane vs. Kurrgan: Firstly, this should be a great match. Secondly, I appreciate that Kane's been in the main event not long ago, hence after much deliberation, I went for Kurrgan! He could be such a huge force for the WWF at that point, though I fear you're picking on the wrong guy to do the job.

WWF Tag Team Championship: Legion of Doom© vs. The Quebecers vs. The New Age Outlaws : I fancy that the LOD retain for now.

Dustin Rhodes vs. Crush: The push continues and DX ought to win something here even if it is against TAFKA Goldust lol

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Marc Mero© vs. Rocky Maivia: It's time for a change. Rocky would do the belt a damned sight lotta good lol

WWF Championship: Jeff Jarrett© vs. Ric Flair vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley: I'd just like to see what would happen with Flair on top of the world again and there's so much possibility with HBK returning et al.

Edited by nihilist

Over The Edge Predictions:

Tables Match: Public Enemy vs. Full Throttle- It would be silly to have them lose their match in their first PPV outing for the compnay, especially if they are going to be a threat to the champs. Also, Full Throttle have not been pushed as much recently.

WWF LightHeavyweight Championship: Taka Michinoku© vs. Scott Taylor- Taka retains after Jay Reso destroys both men. (so the match may even be a no contest)

Ken Shamrock vs. Norton (w/ Savio)- I Believe Norton will get the win to boost his legitimate athlete status, and to further the angle between Savio and Shamrock.

Casket Match: Kane vs. Kurrgan- Kurrgan already has a victory over Kane. This should be the Feud ending match, allowing Kane to return to the Main Event picture.

WWF Tag Team Championship: Legion of Doom© vs. The Quebecers vs. The New Age Outlaws - LOD should never have been given the belts in the first place. While I have been a big supporter of the Quebecers, I think the Outlaws will win regain belts as they have the greater potential for the future.

Dustin Rhodes vs. Crush- While Dustin should get the win (he has been involved in the higher profile matches recently), I think Crush gets a win when DX get involved somehow.

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Marc Mero© vs. Rocky Maivia- While I want Rocky to win, and feel that another IC title reign would be good for his preparation to move up the card, I think that Mero has risen above expectations as champ, and he'll find some way to retain the title.

WWF Championship: Jeff Jarrett© vs. Ric Flair vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley- This could go any way. Jarrett is proving a solid champ, Triple H is rising up to the challenge and Flair is Flair. With Shawn Michaels likely returning soon, I think Trips can forget about the belt, and I don't think having Flair beat Jarrett for the belt is wise either. Howevere, It wouldn't surprise me if Michaels returns at this event. Either way, I'll pick Jarrett in a close one.

Tables Match: Public Enemy vs. Full Throttle - newer team to win. I think Full Throttle were pushed too hard, too fast, they'd do better to wrestle lower on the card for a bit and then be brought in as tag title threats.

WWF LightHeavyweight Championship: Taka Michinoku© vs. Scott Taylor - Scotty 2 Hotty? Puh lease!

Ken Shamrock vs. Norton (w/ Savio) - I can see Savio getting involved to screw Shamrock.

Casket Match: Kane vs. Kurrgan - has to be the big red machine.

WWF Tag Team Championship: Legion of Doom© vs. The Quebecers vs. The New Age Outlaws - face team to retain, since there are more heel challengers than face challengers. Maybe an LOD/Public Enemy feud is on the cards.

Dustin Rhodes vs. Crush - onwards and upwards for Dustin.

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Marc Mero© vs. Rocky Maivia - I'm going with by DQ or by countout or something here.

WWF Championship: Jeff Jarrett© vs. Ric Flair vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley - Jarrett retaining for Michaels' return.

Took me awhile to read this week's Raw, As I couldn't really get into the format, I just don't like it, I hope you end up going back to the old one, But Raw was solid. Good build up to the PPV, Which looks very solid.

Full Card (subject to change):

* Tables Match: Public Enemy vs. Full Throttle

Okay, PE are making their big debut, But a loss in this type of match won't hurt them imo. Besides, Full Throttle need to be pushed imo. They got the big title match a few months back and haven't done anything after that, Besides, The only other face team you got is LOD.......

* WWF LightHeavyweight Championship: Taka Michinoku© vs. Scott Taylor

Upset here, But Taka has had the title for awhile now, Need someone new to hold it. I'd love to see Taylor going heel after this win.

* Ken Shamrock vs. Norton (w/ Savio)

Shamrock already lost to Norton, I just don't see Norton making it big here. Ken Shamrock needs the win more here anyways, As he's been on a downslide for quite sometime.

* Casket Match: Kane vs. Kurrgan

Kane needs to destroy Kurrgan, Plain and simple. Kane went from fighting for the title to fighting this jagoff, Time to push Kane back to the main event. Kane could make a great world champion, But he needs to be pushed seriously.

* WWF Tag Team Championship: Legion of Doom© vs. The Quebecers vs. The New Age Outlaws

All three of these teams are pretty stale at the moment, But I'd rather have LOD retain. Outlaws could win it, But who would they feud with? They already beat Full Throttle, The Quebecers had the title for a short time and just blew as champions, So LOD is the only choice for the moment.

* Dustin Rhodes vs. Crush

Could go either way, I'm hoping Crush wins it since I have a soft spot for the big hoss, But I see Dustin coming out of this with the win.

* WWF Intercontinental Championship: Marc Mero© vs. Rocky Maivia

Maivia is getting pushed into the main event, He needs this win. And he needs the title, Or the feud between him and Mero will never truly end. Maivia will have a short reign, But he'll win the title tonight.

* WWF Championship: Jeff Jarrett© vs. Ric Flair vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Jarrett is just keeping the belt warm for HBK (who should drop it to Kane). No way is Flair winning it, I see him and Helmsley feuding afterwards, With Jarrett facing the returning HBK. If Helmsley wins the title, I could see him fighting Flair, But where would that leave Jarrett? Surely, We won't see Jarrett/HHH again for the title?

I didnt really like RAW.

The new format makes it really hard to follow. I echo Hewey and hope you go back to the old format.

Tables Match: Public Enemy vs. Full Throttle

I'd like to see PE come in with a bang and score the win here. Full Throttle wouldn't be hurt too much by the loss, and it will help establish another tag team on your rosta. No harm done there.

WWF LightHeavyweight Championship: Taka Michinoku© vs. Scott Taylor

I'd like Scott Taylor to win. I think a change will do the Lightheavyweight scene good. Taka, while having good stats in the game, always seemed a bit stale as champion to me. Scotty would be a good guy to carry the division forward.

Ken Shamrock vs. Norton (w/ Savio)

Shamrock = gold. I'd love to see a good Shamrock push here, and this could be a great place to start from.

Casket Match: Kane vs. Kurrgan

I like that you're pushing Kurrgan and using him, but Kane is an established feel no pain monster. For him to lose the fued would really hurt his character, but Kurrgan losing the fued could let you use his character to even greater effect. Has to be a Kane win.

WWF Tag Team Championship: Legion of Doom© vs. The Quebecers vs. The New Age Outlaws

I think the NAO are one of the teams with the best mix of talent and overness on your rosta, and having them as champions would not be a bad thing. LoD aren't the best team to be champions. Their stats aren't what they used to be and to have them constantly on the card will start to hurt your ratings.

Dustin Rhodes vs. Crush

I see Crush winning. There could possibly be interference, but I figure Dustin will lose, possibly leading to a Goldust return. Crush win.

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Marc Mero© vs. Rocky Maivia

Purely and simply because back in the day I liked Rocky Maivia much more than Marc Mero. Could be the start of Rocky's mega-push, and could drop Mero down the card a bit like he deserves.

WWF Championship: Jeff Jarrett© vs. Ric Flair vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

I don't see Jarrett losing the title yet. More likely at King of the Ring. It's too soon for HHH to take it, and I just don't like the idea of Flair as champion. Jarrett to retain, and go on to lose to someone different next month.

• 8 months later...