The Montreal Aftermath: WWF 1998

Another Great Show.

One quick thing though....

Are you planning on having the Outlaws join DX, because their "Suck It" and Crothch Chops were part of their DX routine. They didn't do that prior to joining DX (but the Tag Champs of the WoRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRld routine still existed). It's only a small error, unless they're joining DX.

Other than that, I loved the development of Marc Mero's character. He comes off looking like the intelligent heel, playing everyone else off each other so they leave him alone. Well Done.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heat was a good show. I'm not really sad to see Chyna go, As for IRS, Just fire him. He doesn't really add anything to the roster. Raw looks good, But I hope you don't put the titles on The Quebecers. Keep it on The Outlaws until you can build up a strong face team to take the titles from them. I agree with iceman dave, Mero is coming off great, Though, I can't wait until Faarooq, Shamrock and Rocky gang up on him and beat his ass down. I' thinking Suicidal Kidd will challenge Taka to a ladder match,

WWF Monday Night RAW - Apr. 13, 1998

Show Rating: 82

RAW TV Rating: 5.01

Nitro TV Rating: 5.43

IPB Image

(CHECK OUT THE KICK-ASS NEW RAW LOGO, DEBUTING TONIGHT!)

• HHH cashes in on a rematch(Rating: 91)
    • "Are You Ready?" Welcome to RAW! HHH, Crush and the New Age Outlaws walk to the ring to open the show!
    • Road Dogg takes the microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, the WWF proudly brings to you, the greatest stable in the history of this industry... your WWF Tag Team Champions of the WOOOOOORLD... The Road Dogg Jesse James and the Badd Ass Billy Gunn... the New Age Outlaws!" (fans cheer) "The one-man army... Crush!" crowd boos) "And the soon to be, NEW WWF HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WOOOORRRLDDDD... the three H's himself, Hunter Hearst Helmsley!!!!" (crowd boos even louder)
    • Hunter takes the mic. "That's right Road Dogg. You all heard him right. You're looking at the NEXT WWF Champion." Hunter takes out a piece of paper. "You see this right here? This here is Shawn Michaels' WWF Championship contract. Oh, and look at that... a rematch clause! A rematch clause that Shawn Michaels cannot exercise! But I had a talk... I had a talk with our lawyers, and apparently as the NEW leader, the NEW head of DX, I am able to fully exercise this rematch clause at any time. I walked up to Mr. McMahon himself, and he told me that I could do anything I wanted with it. And that's why... that's why at In Your House, I, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, am going to face Jeff Jarrett one-on-one... and mark my words, I am going to walk out of In Your House with the WWF Title where it rightfully belongs... wrapped around MY waist! And there is nothing... nothing you, nothing Jarrett, nothing anyone can do about it!"
    • Gunn takes the mic. "And if you ain't down with that... we all got two words for ya!"
    • "SUCK IT!" crotch chops everywhere as the fans boo HHH's announcement.
  • Suicidal Kidd def. Scott Taylor(M:92 C:79 O:85)
    • Fast-paced match.
    • Kidd, however, shows that he's one step ahead as he uses the ropes to beat Taylor.
    • After the match, Kidd takes the microphone.
  • Suicidal Kidd lays down his rules(Rating:81)
    • "Taka Michinoku... I've go the perfect match for you! Imagine a steel cage! Imagine a ladder! Imagine the Light Heavyweight Title hung up in the middle of that ring, enclosed by a steel cage... the only way to get it is with the ladder that's inside that cage! THAT... is my playground! THAT... is my match! THAT... my friend, are SUICIDE RULES! And at In Your House... one man walks away as the champion... and one man... well... it's going to be one man's suicide! I will see YOU... and the title at In Your House!" The fans cheer at the prospect of the match!
  • Kurrgan uses the steel steps!(Rating:68)
    • Back from commercial break. We're being alerted by some kind of altercation during the break!
    • Apparently, Kane was scheduled for an in-ring segment with Paul Bearer and was walking down the aisle, when Kurrgan attacked him from behind!
    • Kane was taken by surprise, and before he could mount any form of resistance, Kurrgan grabbed the steel steps and BASHED Kane in the skull with it!
    • Cornette gleefully cheers his client on as Kurrgan just kept ramming the steps into Kane's head!
    • Pleased at the destruction he caused, Kurrgan was walking back... when Kane just sat up!
    • Kurrgan and Cornette ran in fear of the big red monster, as Kane and Bearer followed them backstage!
  • WWF Tag Team Title Match: The Quebecers def. The New Age Outlaws(M:85 C:70 O:77)
    • This next match is for the WWF Tag Team Titles!
    • The Quebecers are led out by Ray Rougeau to the Canadian National Anthem, and that draws big heat from the crowd.
    • "OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW?" The New Age Outlaws are out, and they get a reasonable pop. Dogg goes through his schtick and works the crowd the up.
    • Oulette and Dogg to start the match. Collar and elbow sees Oulette shove Dogg to the mat.
    • A couple of nice chain-moves later, and Oulette decides to tag in Jacques. Dogg tags in Gunn.
    • Gunn overpowers Jacques, and pushes him into a corner. Fists are exchanged.
    • Jacques pokes Gunn in the eye.
    • That sets off several offensive moves for The Quebecers.
    • Gunn is able to tag Dogg in, however. And he gains the momentum back for the team.
    • The Quebecers use more double-teaming to take over.
    • Dogg is isolated by the Quebecers as Jacques and Carl Oulette take their turns on him.
    • Dogg reverses a suplex from Oulette! Hot tag to Gunn! And Gunn clean house!
    • It's a four-man brawl! Dogg and Jacques brawl outside!
    • Gunn sets Oulette up for the Rocker Dropper! But Ray Rougeau jumps on the apron!
    • Gunn hits the dropper! The ref is distracted by Ray! Gunn covers, but noone's there to count!
    • Gunn goes over to the ref... Oulette with a schoolboy roll-up! The ref counts! Ray holds down Gunn's leg, making him unable to kick out!
    • ONE TWO THREE! NEW TAG CHAMPS! The Outlaws can't believe it! The fans are booing!
    • 2 on 2 brawl in the ring... "WHHHHHHHHAT A RUSSSSSSSSH!" THE LEGION OF DOOM ARE HERE! And the crowd cheers!
    • LOD jumps in... and it's three-way BRAWL! LOD clears the ring! The Outlaws are regrouping, while the Quebecers are making their way to the back with the tag titles!
    • Hawk is signalling for the tag belts! LOD wants another shot at the titles! Gunn and Dogg jump back into the ring, seems like they got screwed and they want first dibs on the Quebecers... and they go face-to-face with the LOD! Wow. But nothing happens as both teams choose to back down.
  • Vince McMahon wants Austin, in the ring(Rating:81)
    • Backstage, an interview on Vince McMahon by Michael Cole. Cole asks Vince what he plans to do with the Steve Austin situation.
    • "What do I do? Simple. I milk him for every single cent that he could possibly make me! As much as I hate it, these fans seem to think that Steve Austin is the toughest SOB in the WWF. As much as I hate it, these fans cheer for him, night in and night out! But no, they won't be cheering for him tonight... because tonight, Steve Austin is NOT going to be here in the arena! I have security all around the arena, and if Steve Austin should even think about setting foot here tonight, he's going to be arrested... ON THE SPOT! But I do know... I do know where the fans can find Steve Austin... the fans can watch Austin get his ass kicked in the ring! By whom you ask? Why... by ME of course! Because at In Your House: Unforgiven... April 26th... I am making a match! A match like no other match! Because Stone Cold Steve Austin will have to face me, Vincent Kennedy McMahon inside that very ring with both of his hands handcuffed around his back! And Austin, you WILL face me in the ring... because if you don't... if you don't... well, you can expect me to FEDEX you your walking papers! I will not hesistate to fire your redneck ass, Austin! I will see you... at In Your House!"
    • Vince lays down an evil grin as the crowd boos.
  • Rocky Maivia interview(Rating:90)
    • Cut to another part backstage, where Kevin Kelly is with Rocky! Kelly starts asking a question, but is interrupted by the Rock.
    • "Before you talk, Kevin Kelly, The Rock wants you to know one thing: The Rock doesn't do interviews! Now get the hell out of my face before I slap the white out of it!"
    • Crowd cheers. Kelly leaves. Rock takes the mic.
    • "The Rock says this: Marc Mero, you think you've outsmarted everyone by pitting us all against each other last night on Heat? Uh-uh. You haven't outsmarted anyone, not by a long shot! The Rock is going to step into that ring tonight, whoop The Nation's collective asses.. serve a little bit of smack down soufflet just to put everyone in their place, and then... after everything is set and done, The Rock is going to walk right down that aisle, knock on your door, you're going to open that door, and The Rock is going to bitch(bleeped) slap you until you willingly surrender the WWF Intercontinental Title to its rightful owner... THE ROCK!"
    • Rock does his eyebrow.
    • "If you smell what The Rock is cooking."
  • Farooq, D'Lo Brown & Kama Mustafa def. Rocky Maivia & Ken Shamrock(M:80 C:74 O:77)
    • Out first, The Nation! They get a hefty amount of boos. The Nation pose inside the ring, with their fists up in the air. More boos.
    • Ken Shamrock is out. The fans cheer. Shamrock wants this fight... he can't wait to get into the ring.
    • "The Rock Says!" And the crowd explodes in cheer. Rocky walks out, poses, and then RUNS INTO THE RING WITH SHAMROCK!
    • IT'S A BRAWL TO START THIS MATCH! Rocky goes straight for Farooq! Shamrock cleans house against D'Lo and Kama!
    • The ref finally regains order... Shamrock and D'Lo are in it.
    • D'lo cheats a bit, and tags in Kama, who goes to work on Shamrock.
    • Shamrock comes back! Kick, punch! Throws Kama across the ropes, but Kama counters with a clothesline!
    • Kama tags in Farooq. Farooq clubs Shamrock in the back several times!
    • Shamrock somehow counters a Farooq power move and tags in Rocky!
    • Staredown between Rocky and Farooq, and the fans go nuts!
    • BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! Farooq and Rocky just lay out on each other with fists and slaps and kicks!
    • Rocky takes advantage, and starts pummeling Farooq in a corner!
    • Rocky throws Farooq into a turnbuckle, but it greeted by a clothesline from the big man!
    • Farooq tags in Kama. And Kama goes to work on Rocky.
    • Rocky turns the tables! Slam! DDT! Rocky goes for an elbow, but Kama rolls out! Kama tags in Farooq! Rocky tags in Shamrock!
    • BRAWL! ALL CONTESTANTS RUN IN!
    • Marc Mero just appeared on the ramp! He makes his way to the ring, just smiling and admiring the view.
    • Rocky sees him! Rocky jumps out of the ring and attacks Mero! Shamrock is left in a 3-on-1 against The Nation!
    • Shamrock tosses Kama out! D'Lo is next! Shamrock ducks a Farooq clothesline, and shoots for Farooq's legs! ANKLE LOCK! The move is cinched in! Shamrock grapevines Farooq's leg... there's no escape!
    • Rocky and Mero are still fighting outside! Mero is getting the crap kicked out of him!
    • D'Lo runs back in and climbs on top... Farooq looks like he's about to submit! FROGSPLASH BY D'LO ON SHAMROCK! Shamrock releases the hold! Farroq is quick to cover! ONE TWO THREE! THE NATION WIN!
    • Rocky realizes that he left his partner alone! Rocky jumps back in! The Nation CLEAR and recollect themsleves outside... this was nice win for them.
    • Mero just grins as he grimaces from his battle with Rocky, and walks back with the IC Title.
    • Shamrock and Rocky are left alone in the ring... Shamrock is pissed off that Rocky left him alone, Shamrock shoves Rocky! Ooooh.
    • ROCKY SLAPS SHAMROCK! AND HERE WE GO! SHAMROCK AND ROCKY DUKING IT OUT IN THE RING! JESUS! Security runs in! They separate these two men! The fans go nuts.
  • Vince McMahon announces another match!(Rating:87)
    • Mero is cheery with himself, as he walks backstage with the IC Title.
    • Vince McMahon walks past him, and then walks back... along with his Associates.
    • "Well, well, well... Magnificent Marc Mero... Intercontinental Champion. How are you doing this fine night?"
    • Mero shrugs "I'm doing pretty well, Mr. McMahon. Pretty well indeed."
    • "Well, Marc, what you did last night, was... a stroke of genius! It was without a doubt one of the best things I have ever seen! A great idea, pitting all the legitimate contenders to the Intercontinental Title against each other and set them on course for self-destruction!"
    • "Why... why thank you Mr. McMahon."
    • "But that... that puts me in a bind... a huge bind... see, I don't have any clear cut number one contender to your title. And that, that is bad for business... but you know what? I'm going to make a good business decision... thanks to your genius! Because of your actions, I came up with a stroke of brilliance myself! Because you're not going to defend the title against Rocky Maivia... not against Ken Shamrock... not against Farooq..."
    • "That's good news, MrMcmahon!"
    • "...you're going to have to defend it against ALL THREE MEN AT IN YOUR HOUSE! And I hope... I hope you like that... genius of me, ain't it?"
    • The crowd cheers! FOUR WAY DANCE FOR THE IC TITLE!
    • Mero is taken by surprise and is near tears "What!? JESUS CHRIST! No! No! Please! Mr. McMahon, I beg you to reconsider! I'll do anything! I'll wash your car! Don't put me in the ring with those... those lunatics!"
    • Vince just smiles. "You made your own bed, Mero... now lie in it!" And he walks away, with Associates in tow.
    • Mero's face contorts in fear and frustration.
  • Rhodes and Jarrett get ready(Rating:83)
    • Cut to Jarrett and Rhodes walking backstage. Jarrett is wearing his silver tights, Rhodes has a pair of jeans and a red shirt.
    • Jarrett to Rhodes. "You ready?"
    • Rhodes replies. "Yeah man. Time to kick some DX ass."
    • Crowd cheers!
  • Jeff Jarrett & Dustin Rhodes def. Hunter Hearst Helmsley & Crush(M:84 C:84 O:83)
    • "Are You Ready?" Crush and HHH walk out, doing crotch chops at the fans. The crowd boos them. Crush threatens to slap someone at ringside. HHH climbs inside the ring and poses for the crowd, who reigns down boos on them.
    • "I'm on the Highway to Hell!" Dustin Rhodes walks out, and gets a big pop from the crowd! Rhodes points at Crush and HHH, but does not enter the ring yet.
    • "Cowboy. Cowboy." Here's Jeff Jarrett! The crowd pops huge for JJ as he walks out with the WWF Title around his waist and his good old guitar on one hand!
    • They step into the ring. And we have a 2-on-2 face-to-face as the ref pats all four men down.
    • Rhodes and Crush to start. Crush overpowers Rhodes.
    • Crush takes rhodes into a turnbuckle. Slap. Chop. Slap. Chop. Rhodes reels in pain.
    • Crush clotheslines Rhodes down!
    • Cover gets only two!
    • Crush picks up Rhodes, tosses him to the ropes. Crush with a boot! He taunts the crowd a bit.
    • Crush goes over and tags HHH. HHH targets Rhodes' head with a vicious uppercut.
    • HHH pushes Rhodes into the turnbuckle. He throws him across the ring! HHH follows up, but receives a boot to the face!
    • Rhodes bounces off the ropes and hits a running bulldog! Cover gets two!
    • Rhodes picks HHH up, and tags in JJ! The crowd cheers!
    • JJ lays it down on HHH! Punches! He kicks HHH in the gut, DDT! Cover gets two!
    • JJ pulls HHH up, poke in the eye by HHH! JJ is stunned!
    • HHH grabs JJ and throws him out of the ring! The crowd boos. HHH just taunts them and takes a breather.
    • HHH jumps out. He takes JJ and tries to throw him into the steps... JJ reverses... and HHH plows shoulder first into the steel steps!
    • The ref counts to seven before JJ rolls HHH and himself back into the ring.
    • JJ grabs HHH and slams him down on the mat. JJ tags to Rhodes.
    • Crush distracts the ref... Rhodes goes over to HHH and HHH hits a low blow that sends Rhodes down on the mat!
    • HHH tags in Crush, and the big man destroys Rhodes with a series of slams and throws!
    • Rhodes is in a bad way. Crush takes Rhodes... he slams him into the turnbuckle! TREE OF WOE!?
    • Crush rams into Rhodes' chest with his knee! Rhodes is down!
    • Crush covers... two count!
    • Rhodes is picked up by Crush. Crush with a GORILLA PRESS SLAM! Crush covers... ONE... TWO... NO!!! RHODES KICKS OUT!
    • Crush goes for a clothesline... but Rhodes ducks... and hits a cross-body block! Crush tags in HHH!!! Rhodes jumps towards JJ! TAG!!! JJ RUNS INTO CRUSH WITH FOREARMS AND FISTS!
    • Crush is reeling!!! HHH jumps in on the fray!
    • JJ and HHH now exchanging punches!
    • Rhodes CLOTHESLINES Crush out of the ring! The ref doesn't know what to do!
    • HHH kicks JJ in the gut! Pedigree!? NO! JJ powers out! HHH glances the referee on the way down! The ref is knocked out!
    • Crush THROWS Rhodes into the steel steps!!!
    • JJ picks up HHH... REVERSE SIDE RUSSIAN LEGSWEEP!!! That does it!!! He covers... but the ref is out! ONETWOTHREEFOURFIVE... nothing!
    • Crush jumps in... he's got the guitar!!! JJ stands up... KABONG!!! JJ WAS CLEANLY HIT WITH THAT GUITAR!!! Splinters everywhere!
    • Crush picks up HHH and puts him on top of JJ! He wakes the ref up! ONE! TWO! THREE! CRUSH AND HHH WIN! OH MY GOD! HHH stands up, no, he is HELD up by Crush. Rhodes is laid out at ringside, JJ is knocked out inside the ring. HHH musters enough strength to take the WWF Title and holds it up as the crowd boos!
    • Wait! Wait! Here's another ref!? What!? The two referees talking! JJ AND RHODES HAVE BEEN AWARDED THE MATCH DUE TO THE USE OF A FOREIGN OBJECT!!! Crowd cheers!
    • HHH AND CRUSH ARE PISSED!!! THEY ARE PISSED!!! THEY PUT THE BOOTS ON AN ALREADY UNCONSCIOUS JARRETT!!!
    • HHH hits the PEDIGREE! JESUS.
    • JR says that we are OUT OF TIME! Last shot of HHH and Crush raising their hands over a fallen Jarrett!!!
Edited by wrestlingsuicide

WCW RELEASES WRESTLERS

from www.wrestlingscoops.com

This just in, WCW has released a handful of names from their payroll. The following wrestlers have been given their releases during the past weekend:

Scotty Riggs

Johnny Grunge

Vincent

Wrath

The Disciple

There are rumours that Wrath is in talks with the WWF, perhaps in a reincarnation of his Adam Bomb gimmick.

Tentative card for IYH:Unforgiven has been announced!

www.wwf.com

This month's PPV is looking up. Several matches were made on RAW this past week, and so far we have four matches added to the previously unannounced Pay Per View! Here is the up-to-date match card:

The World Wrestling Federation Presents...

In Your House: Unforgiven

April 26, 1998

• WWF Championship: Jeff Jarrett © vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley
  • Special Match (Austin's hands are to be cuffed around his back): "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon
  • WWF Intercontinental Championship (Fatal Four Way): "Magnificent" Marc Mero© vs. "The Rock" Rocky Maivia vs. Ken Shamrock vs. Farooq
  • WWF LightHeavyweight Championship (Suicide Rules): Taka Michinoku© vs. Suicidal Kidd

Pretty good Raw. I enjoyed it top from bottom except the ending to the main event. I dunno, I just don't like faces being awarded the win like that. Though, Triple H beating down Jarrett was great. I also like how you mentioned Crush had to hold HHH up. I don't like The Quebecers as the tag team champions. Though, I do like the possibility of LOD taking the titles from them. Hmmm, WCW fired one half of Public Enemy, Maybe if they fire Rocco Rock as well, You can bring in PE to the WWF? Keep up the good work Doc (Y)

Another great show. I loved the build-up in the various storylines. I was surprised that the Quebecers won the titles on RAW, but I can't complain because I love them. Thanks for that.

I still think that The Outlaws may need to seperate from the rest of DX. Perhaps they could have a moral battle with HHH about some issue.

And I love the IC battle build-up. All power to the Rock, but more importantly....It may be time to push D-Lo Brown. Perhaps he could prevent Shamrock from winning another match, and the two could enter a feud.

How did D'Lo hit the Frog Splash on Shamrock WHILE he had the Ankle Lock on Farrooq??

Shamrock grapevined Faarooq's ankle, and was lying on the mat while twisting the ankle, and D'Lo frog splashed him from the top rope (Y)

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night - Apr. 18, 1998

Show Rating: 73

TV Rating: 0.04

• Quebecers interview (Rating:78)
    • The Quebecers are in the studio with Cole. Ray Rougeau leads them in as they proudly wear the WWF Tag Team Titles.
    • "Oy! Take a look at that... isn't that a sight for sore eyes? The Quebecers, WWF TAG TEAM Champions! All we needed, all we wanted was a shot... and we got the gold! Let me tell you something, Michael Cole... the WWF needs a team like the Quebecers, a team WORTHY of being called WWF Tag Team Champions! Proud Canadians with rich wrestling lineage!"
    • Cole asks if they're concerned about the Outlaws or the Legion of Doom.
    • "Concerned? Why should we be concerned? The Legion of Doom were the Number One contenders to the tag-team titles, and we BEAT THEM at WrestleMania! The Outlaws were the Number One tag team in the WWF, the champs, and we BEAT THEM last week! We don't HAVE to be concerned... we beat the two best teams in the WORLD today... which makes US, THE QUEBECERS, THE BEST of the BEST!"
  • Full Throttle def. Recon & Sniper (M:74 C:53 O:63)
    • Throttle are out. Yay. They do a couple of poses in the ring.
    • Recon and Sniper walk out. Bleh.
    • Nice paced match. Both teams played to their strengths.
    • Sexton Hardcastle hit the Sonic Boom on Sniper to win.
    • Full Throttle poses for the crowd.
  • Magnificent Marc Mero interview (Rating:82)
    • The IC Champ is in the studio with Michael Cole! Yay.
    • Cole asks Mero what led to the change of pace and personality.
    • "Take a look at me, Cole. Take a look at me. A couple of months ago, I was a doormat... I was a doormat to Ken Shamrock, I was a doormat to Rocky Maivia, I was a doormat to The Nation of Domination! I had nothing! And when Mak Henry splashed into me, crushing my ribs, taking me out for nearly a month... it dawned on me... I DON'T HAVE to be a doormat! I DON'T HAVE to be the schmuck to always gets his ass handed to him inside the ring! I can be... simply... MAGNIFICENT!"
    • Cole says that Mero is scheduled to face THREE challengers at IYH, Rocky, Shamrock and Farooq. He asks Mero if he has a gameplan.
    • "Do I have a gameplan? Of course I do! Mr. McMahon said it himself... it's purely business... that's why he made the match. I may not like it, but I have a couple of things up my sleeve, you know? I can assure you, and everyone watching at home... the Intercontinental Championship WILL be around my waist when I leave In Your House next week! And THAT... that's Magnificent right there!"
  • Recap of Crush/HHH vs. JJ/Rhodes from last week (Rating:82)
    • Recap of the Main Event from raw.
  • Cool Cat Joe Legend def. D'Lo Brown (M:81 C:55 O:68)
    • "We Are The Nation!" D'Lo is out, all by his lonesome.
    • And here's The Cool Cat! He's come out to... "Brickhouse" by Rick James. Uh. Ok. He does the shimmy, he shouts out "COOOOOOOOOOOOL!" Nice.
    • Fast match, as D'Lo and Legend feel each other's styles out rather quickly.
    • D'Lo takes over, getting several two-counts.
    • D'Lo goes for a Frog Splash that Legend rolls out of!
    • Legend puts D'Lo in a schoolboy, and gets the pinfall win!
    • He shimmies his way out of the ring, grabbing the win.
    • Cole reminds us to watch HEAT! and RAW before the show ends.

WWF HEAT! PREVIEW

From www.wwf.com

WWF HEAT! is set to explode this Sunday night! There have been several matches already signed during the past couple of days since RAW!

Vince McMahon will be in the arena! Who knows what the Chairman and CEO of the WWF has up his sleeve? He made several matches for In Your House: Unforgiven on RAW, and he might shakes things up even more on HEAT! Will Stone Cold Steve Austin defy McMahon yet again, and make a surprise appearance?

In a match just signed, Dustin Rhodes will be facing Crush inside the ring on HEAT!, and everything is set for a showdown between WWF Champion Jeff Jarrett and Hunter Hearst Helmsley, as they will be on each man's corner during the match!

Also, the contract signing for the Intercontinental Title match! IC Champ Magnificent Marc Mero, Rocky Maivia, Ken Shamrock and Farooq will all be inside the same ring at the same time! Things are BOUND to get ugly!

Last week, Kurrgan assaulted Kane with the solid steel from the ringside steps! But Kane took the damage and still got up! The Big Red Monster will be on HEAT! taking on Bradshaw, will Kurrgan attack Kane again? Or will Kane attempt to find redemption?

The New Age Outlaws will be set to take on the Legion of Doom in a number one contendership match to determine the number one contender to the WWF Tag Team Titles! The Quebecers managed to win the Tag Team Titles from the Outlaws last Monday Night on RAW, but the Legion of Doom promptly ended their celebration!

Charlie Scaggs will be defending the WWF Prime Time Championship against McMahon Associate Bartholomew! Scaggs has held the title for two weeks, successfully defending the title against Associate Robert last week! Will Bartholomew be able to snatch the title away from Scaggs?

You can catch all the action this Sunday Night on HEAT!

Shotgun was a good show. Full Throttle, I think, Are worthy of getting a shot at The Quebecers. I mean, With some build up, They'd make better champions than the LOD. And The Outlaws versus Quebecers would just end up turning the challengers into faces, And you can't have that since they're in DX. Cool Cat is kicking ass, But he needs to be featured on the main shows. Heat looks pretty good, Crush versus Dustin should be a good match, Maybe a rematch will happen at the PPV between them?

WWF HEAT - Apr. 19, 1998

Show Rating: 73

TV Rating: 5.50

IPB Image

• Vince Mcmahon makes an announcement of an announcement (Rating:88)
    • Check out the new new new new WWF HEAT logo!
    • Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to HEAT!
    • "No Chance!" And here's Vince McMahon walking down the aisle. He gets a healthy chorus of boos.
    • Vince whips out a microphone and starts talking.
    • "As you can see, ladies and gentlemen... there are no security personell around me. The Associates are not here. You know why? Because I, Vincent Kennedy McMahon, am not afraid of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin!" Crowd boos.
    • "And you know what? Steve Austin can most definitely, kiss my ass. Because at In Your House, after I beat the living crap out of Austin, he will have to literally kiss my ass. Because our special match at In Your House is going to be the first ever Kiss My Ass match in the history of the World Wrestling Federation!" more boos.
    • "But no, I'm not here to talk about my ass. I'm out here tonight to remind everyone to watch RAW tomorrow night because I have a very big announcement to make! Yes, you heard me, I have a HUGE announcement... and it would benefit all you fans out there to watch and listen to what I, Vincent Kennedy McMahon, have to say!" More boos.
    • Big ass-hole chant.
    • You want to see an asshole? Look in the mirror! And that's all I have to say to you sad, people..."
    • Vince tosses the mic down to the mat. The crowd boos him even louder.
  • Taka Michinoku & Scott Taylor def. Suicidal Kidd & Brian Christopher (M:92 C:74 O:74)
    • Fast-paced match. The usual from these four light heavyweights.
    • Nice spot where Taka wiped out both Kidd and Christopher from across the ring with a suicide dive.
    • Having had enough, Kidd and BC jump off the apron and refuse to continue the match.
    • Taka and Taylor won the match via Countout. Suicidal Kidd just smiles at Taka, motioning for the title, saying that he's going down next Sunday.
  • Video Presentation of JJ/HHH feud (Rating:93)
    • Short video presentation of the Jarrett/Helmsley feud.
  • Kane def. Bradshaw (M:74 C:63 O:61)
    • Kane and Bradshaw get into a slugfest.
    • Bradshaw is completely intimidated by Kane and his undead ways.
    • Kane destroys Bradshaw eventually, and hits the Tombstone for the win.
  • Kane interview (Rating:74)
    • After the match, Paul Bearer grabs a microphone.
    • "Ooooh yes. The time is drawing near, Kurrgan! You cannot run away from my Kane every single time! There will be a day of reckoning, ooohh yessss! And at In Your House: Unforgiven... there will be NO forgiveness! For my Kane challenges you, Kurrgan, to a match! We shall see who the real MONSTER is! OOOH YESSS!"
    • Well, there you go, a challenge has been issued.
  • WWF Prime Time Championship: Charlie Scaggs© def. Associate Bartholomew (M:80 C:64 O:64)
    • We come back from commercial break and the title match is already underway.
    • Nice back and forth action from Scaggs and Bartholomew.
    • Scaggs hits an enziguiri to knock the hell out of Bart.
    • Bart comes back with a spinebuster that jars Scaggs' brains.
    • Bart goes for another spinebuster, but it's reversed by Scaggs into a DDT!
    • Scaggs goes up top! 450 splash! Cover! One, two three! It's over!
    • Scaggs successfully retains the Prime Time Title tonight!
  • Associate Barry poses a challenge (Rating:65)
    • As Bartholomew makes his way back, out walks Associate Barry with a microphone!
    • "Hey, hey Scaggs! Yeah, I'm talking to you. Seems like you've been able to beat both of my mates here, two weeks running. But you haven't stepped into the ring and put the title on the line against a REAL champ like me! That's why I went straight up to Mr. McMahon, just now, and I asked for a title shot for the Prime Time Title! And I got it! I'll see YOU at In Your House!"
    • Scaggs grabs a microphone.
    • "Any time, any where brotha'. If I gotsa beat you at In Your House, then you're going to get one hell of a beat-down! Charlie Scaggs backs down from nooone, and I sure ain't backing down from you! Bring it on, baby, we're gonna' tear the house down at In Your House!"
  • Kurrgan interview (Rating:80)
    • Backstage, Cornette with Kurrgan. Cornette starts ranting on the mic as Kurrgan just glares at the camera menacingly.
    • "My client will take one anyone, anytime, anywhere! Kane, if you want to get beat up to a bloody pulp, there's no reason why Kurrgan will hesitate to do so! You are looking at the biggest, baddest, fiercest monster in the WWF today! And I sure as hell won't allow some deranged freak like you and that plump little suckling pig Paul Bearer try to run your mouths against Kurrgan! In Your House, Unforgiven... so be it! Mark my words! Kurrgan will END the legitimacy of Kane's reputation as a monster! He will unequivocally exterminate the myth of the monster Kane! At In Your House! And you can quote me on that!"
    • Harsh words from Cornette.
  • New Age Outlaws def. Legion of Doom (M:70 C:75 O:65)
    • "Oh you didn't know?" The Outlaws are here! Road Dogg goes on his schtick. Gunn says "SUCK IT!" to LOD.
    • "WHAT A RUSH!" LOD arrives and the crowd explodes!
    • Brutal match. Both teams want that title shot at In Your House.
    • Dogg and Hawk get into a brawl in the middle of the ring.
    • A couple of tags later, and we end up with Dogg and Hawk again.
    • Hawk throws Dogg into the turbuckle... and hits a back-body drop as he came bouncing off.
    • Dogg counters a bodyslam into a small package. Gets two.
    • DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE sends both men down! They start going for their partners.
    • And both partners are tagged in! The crowd cheers as Gunn and Animal BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL!
    • The LOD get the advantage! They toss Dogg out of the ring. And here we go, Doomsday Device on Gunn! NO! Gunn DUCKED!?
    • Gunn with a quick modified roll-up on Animal! One two three! The Outlaws get their rematch at In Your House!
    • The Outlaws retreat, while Hawk and Animal stand in disbelief!
  • Contract Signing (Rating:83)
    • We come back from commercial break. Vince McMahon is standing in the middle of the ring. There's a contract signing going on!
    • "We Are The Nation!" Here's Farooq. Yay.
    • Ken Shamrock is out next.
    • "The Rock Says!" Here's Rocky. The crowd explodes!
    • Aaaand, here's the IC Champ, "Magnificent" Marc Mero.
    • Vince takes the microphone.
    • "I'm glad you're all here gentlemen. I want to say that this is going to be one hell of a match, and whoever wins truly deserves the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Now, if you will... you just need to sign your names into the contract."
    • The contract is passed around and all four contestants sign in. Vince smiles and talks.
    • "Well, thank you gentlemen... now if you will all just le-"
    • Rocky snatches the microphone from McMahon's hand.
    • "Hold on there. The Rock says this. The contract's been signed, sealed and delivered. And hell, since we're all here, The Rock says that we don't even HAVE to wait for Unforgiven... because I'm itching to lay the smack down tonight!"
    • With that, Rocky just pounces on Mero! Shamrock and Farooq start brawling!
    • Vince jumps out of the ring and starts yelling for security to break up the four-man brawl inside the ring!
    • Security run in an seperate all four men! The crowd cheers on as each contestant is escorted out of the ring!
  • Crush def. Dustin Rhodes (M:78 C:78 O:69)
    • "Are You Ready?" Crush is out, and he is accompanied by Hunter Hearst Helmsley. He gets solid heat from the fans.
    • "Highway to Hell" starts playing. Rhodes is out, with the WWF Champ, Jeff Jarrett. Bit pop.
    • Face to face in the ring now. And Rhodes unleashes the first punch!
    • Good brawl during the match.
    • JJ and HHH are carefull eyeing each other from across the ring.
    • Crush took control and powered his way agaisnt Rhodes.
    • HHH tries to interject himelf by cheating, but JJ is there to keep him in line. HHH just runs away every time JJ goes near him.
    • Rhodes comes back! He hits a nice DDT on Crush!
    • Crush reverses a Rhodes irish whip, but that knocks the ref out!
    • HHH jumps into the ring, so does JJ! BRAWL! BRAWL!
    • JJ and HHH clear out, solving their problems at ringside!
    • Rhodes hits the Curtain Call on Crush! One two three four... the ref is out, noone's there to count!
    • HHH throws JJ into the steel steps!
    • Rhodes runs across the ropes to attempt to clothesline a groggy Crush... but HHH pulls his feet!
    • Crush hits a vicious looking knee drop behind Rhodes' neck! The ref finally comes to... Crush covers... one, two three! Crush wins!
    • HHH and Crush celebrate on their way back, while JJ tends to Rhodes, who is simply out cold.
    • HHH smiles at JJ, and motions for the title. He mouths "You're next, Jarrett!". JJ just stares at HHH with a fury in his eyes.
    • Cole reminds us to watch RAW tomorrow night!

UPDATED CARD FOR IYH:UNFORGIVEN!

www.wwf.com

More matches have been added to the In Your House:Unforgiven Card! Check out the new line-up.

The World Wrestling Federation Presents...

In Your House: Unforgiven

April 26, 1998

• WWF Championship Match: Jeff Jarrett© vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley
  • WWF Intercontinental Championship Match: "Margnificent" Marc Mero© vs. Rocky Maivia vs. Ken Shamrock vs. Farooq
  • Kiss My Ass Match (Austin's hands are to be cuffed behind his back): "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon
  • WWF LightHeavyweight Championship Match (Suicide Rules): Taka Michinoku© vs. The Suicidal Kidd
  • Kane vs. Kurrgan
  • WWF Tag Team Championship Match: The Quebecers© vs. The New Age Outlaws
  • WWF Prime Time Championship Match: Charlie Scaggs© vs. Associate Barry

JAKE ROBERTS SEEN ON HEAT! WHAT'S VINCE'S ANNOUNCEMENT ALL ABOUT?

www.wrestlingscoops.com

Guess who was backstage on HEAT! this Sunday Night? Jake "The Snake" Roberts! there is speculation that Roberts will make a suprise return at In Your House this weekend during the McMahon-Austin match. Of course, nothing is set in stone yet, and we're all crossing our fingers to see if Roberts will actually decide to head back into a WWF ring after several years of being out.

Also, there have been several rumours going on backstage that someone from WCW is jumping ship, and Vince McMahon's announcement for RAW tonight will be about them. Unfortunately, the WWF has been tight-lipped about these things since there was a leak that Flair was in talks with them a couple of weeks ago. Flair is currently under renegotions with WCW, so don't expect him to be coming to a WWF ring anytime soon. Other names that McMahon might discuss? Raven. Scott Steiner. Kevin Nash. These guys apparently are under contract renegotiations as well. Raven is apparently interested in working for the WWF after WCW screwed his push. Nash is big question marks as well, considering Nash and Vince are not on good terms after Nash's jump down south.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vince suddenly brought in someone from ECW, or some indy worker currently unemployed by the WWF. Maybe Vince will be looking to bring back Jake "The Snake" tonight on RAW. That would be cool.

But my bet is that Vince will probably be ading more stipulations in matches concerning Unforgiven, and is only looking to grab a significant amount of audience viewership, hence the announcement.

Until the next scoop works its way out of the confines of the bookman's lockerroom, I'm out.