The Montreal Aftermath: WWF 1998

Well, everyone else is offering their opinions, so I'll offer mine (as I haven't done it yet)

Unforgiven Predictions:

Jeff Jarrett to retain the World Title after Ric Flair screws over HHH. (need to move beyond this storyline, and as Michaels will return soon, Jarrett should keep the belt)

The Rock to win the IC title in the four way match. While I agree that Mero's character has been well developed, The Rock needs a titlle win to prepare him for the push to the main event.

Stone Cold Steve Austin to beat Vince. This is Vince's first match. I think it would be wrong to job Austin here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the match ends in DQ when someone comes to help Vince (maybe a former WCW member???)

The Suicidal Kidd to capture the Light Heavyweight Title from Taka Michinoku. Whgile I agree that Taka makes a great champ, if the Kidd drops this match, he will have to be pushed backwards, and that would not be good for his career. An upset, possibly with some cheating, will allow this story to continue. (This could however go either way)

Kane will cruch Kurrgan, especially with Cornette now out of action.

The Quebecers to retain the titles after cheating. They've only just won them, and I agree that the Outlaws don't need the titles at the moment, especially while they seem to be in this tweener mode (are they Faces or members of the hated DX)

Associate Barry to win the Prime-Time championship from Charlie Scaggs, after interferance from the associates. Scaggs has had a nice little run, but I feel that the weekly defenses should take their toll, especially as he's beaten Robert and Bartholomew. They can exact revenge, leading to a nice rematch on Prime Time (where Scaggs could regain the belt).

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION PRESENTS:

IN YOUR HOUSE: UNFORGIVEN

Apr. 26, 1998

Show Rating: 84

PPV Buy Rate: 0.93

Dark Match / Heat Main Event

• Full Throttle def. Cool Cat Joe Legend & Scott Taylor (M:85 C:63 O:74)
    • In the dark match, Full Throttle win against the make-shift team of Joe Legend and Scott Taylor via the Sonic Boom. Yay.
Pay Per View
  • WWF Prime Time Championship: Charlie Scaggs© def. Associate Barry (M:73 C:69 O:71)
    • "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to In Your House: Unforgiven!" screams the familiar voice of Jim Ross.
    • JR and Lawler run down the show, and the matches.
    • First match: PRIME TIME TITLE!
    • Associate Barry is already out in the ring. He's got Associates Bartholomew and Robert with him.
    • And here's the Prime Time Champion, Charlie Scaggs! He gets a decent pop.
    • Scaggs and Windham have a nice match, despite their styles being different.
    • Windham takes over to start, throwing Scaggs around.
    • Scaggs manages to come back with high-flying moves like flying forearms and planchas.
    • Bartholomew and Robert make their presence felt, as they constantly distract the ref and allow Barry to use cheap-shots.
    • Scaggs comes back yet again, and goes for the 450!
    • Bartholomew distracts the referee! And Robert pushes Scaggs off of the top rope and into the mat! Windham grabs Scaggs and applies a Camel Clutch!
    • Scaggs has no choice! Windham locks the move in. The ref checks Scaggs, but he doesn't quit!
    • Scaggs... somehow, someway... manages to power out! He's got Barry on piggyback! WHAT!?
    • And here's the Associates running into the ring, and they put the boots on Scaggs! NO!
    • The ref calls for the bell! Barry has been DQ'd!!! THREE ON ONE! Scaggs is hurt!
    • Scaggs retains, but at what price!?
  • WWF Tag Team Championship: The Quebecers© def. The New Age Outlaws (M:82 C:72 O:77)
    • Next match, The Outlaws try to regain the Tag Titles!
    • Here they are. "OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW!?" Road Dogg and Gunn walk out, playing the crowd. A couple of crotch-chops here and there. And voila. They work the crowd up.
    • Quebecers are out. The fans boo the champs. Ray Rougeau leads them out, taunting the people at ringside a bit.
    • Oulette and Dogg to start. Good decent enough brawl going on.
    • Jacques and Oulette take their turns in double-teaming Dogg.
    • Gunn tries to get into the ring several times, but is prevented b the ref.
    • Ray Rougeau tries to interfere a bit, and manages to buy some time, preventing Dogg to tag to his partner.
    • A double-collision allows Dogg a window of opportunity!
    • And he tags in Billy Gunn! Gunn goes crazy on the Quebecers!
    • Wham! Wham! Punches everywhere! Jacques and Carl Oulette are reeling!
    • OH NO! Ray Rougeau distracted the ref, and Jacques hit Gunn with the Mountie's Baton! Gunn drops like a log!
    • One! Two! Three! The Quebecers retain the WWF Tag Titles! JR says that "This is ridiculous! Someone should do something about this!"
    • And here comes the cavalry!
    • LEGION OF DOOM! THE LEGION OF DOOM ARE HERE! The Quebecers run away with the Titles!
    • LOD and the Outlaws have a semblance of respect? Well, seems like there's not going to be a brawl tonight.
  • Kurrgan def. Kane (M:82 C:72 O:77)
    • Up next, the battle of the two behemoths!
    • First out is... Kurrgan! JR informs us that Jim Cornette just sold Kurrgan's contract for a lucrative amount... and here's Kurrgan's new manager... wait... it's The Jackyl!?
    • The Jackyl has regained control of Kurrgan's contract! Oh My! Jackyl has a big wide grin on his face. Wait a minute, he grabs the microphone.
    • "Ladies and gentlemen... I am back! And I am back in control of the largest, most feared individual in the face of this planet! Oh, and don't you people worry, because Kurrgan is going to win tonight.. oh yes, he will win! Tonight, Kane... tomorrow, THE WORLD!"
    • Big boos from the crowd.
    • BOOM! PYRO! Kane is out with Paul Bearer!
    • Kurrgan and Kane are in the middle of the ring! Oh wow. JR is on the headset. "You can't believe the size of these two... monsters right now... in the ring. It's like watching two giants preparing for an enormous, enormous battle!"
    • The staredown continues. And Kane lets loose the first blow! BOTH MEN EXCHANGING THUNDEROUS FISTS!
    • Kurrgan blocks a punch! FULL NELSON SLAM ON KANE! Kurrgan boasts to the crowd with a roar!
    • And Kane sits up! Kurrgan can't believe it!
    • Kane gets to his feet, and chops Kurrgan to the throat! Kane now, with a BODYSLAM ON KURRGAN!
    • That shook the ring! And Kurrgan looks hurt... but no, he's UNFAZED!
    • More punches! More punches! Kurrgan throws Kane to the ropes!
    • Kurrgan follows up with a clothesline, NO! Kane retaliates with a BIG BOOT!
    • Kurrgan is dazed... TOMBSTONE!? THIS EARLY!? NO! KURRGAN GETS OUT OF IT!
    • Kane clotheslines Kurrgan OUT OF THE RING!
    • And the two giants battle!
    • The ref is counting... one...two...three...four...five...six...seven...eight...
    • Kurrgan rolls into the ring... and Kane goes to follow him... NO! WAIT! JACKYL IS GRABBING KANE'S LEG! HE'S WRAPPED HIMSELF AROUND KANE'S LEG!
    • ...nine...ten! THE REF HAS COUNTED OUT KANE! KURRGAN WINS THE MATCH!
    • Jackyl is ecstatic! He quickly RUNS AWAY! Kane is FURIOUS! Jackyl and Kurrgan celebrate while retreating down the ramp! Kane lets out his frustration on the REFEREE!
    • CHOKESLAM ON THE REF! KANE HITS HIS PYRO! JR: "THIS IS NOT OVER, FOLKS, NOT BY A LONG SHOT!"
  • WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (Suicide Rules): Taka Michinoku© def. Suicidal Kidd (M:100 C:86 O:93)
    • And here we go. The Cage is being assembled. The Ladder is already put in place inside the ring.
    • Jim Ross explains to the viewers at home the rules of a "Suicide Rules" match. "The LHW Title will be hung from the rafters, roughly 20 feet above the ring. Surrounding the ring will be a STEEL CAGE, and the only way to win the match is by climbing the ladder INSIDE the ring, and taking the LHW Title. This match is not for the weak of heart, folks. And we are ready for the worst. EMTs are on call and on standby for anything that might happen tonight."
    • First out is the "Suicidal Kidd"!!! He gets an extraordinary amount of boos from the crowd. Kidd enters the cage, and examines the ladder.
    • Taka Michinoku, the LHW champ is out, and he gets a nice pop from the crowd. Michinoku enters, and hands the LHW title over to the referee.
    • The ref hangs the LHW title onto the ring, suspended by a metal cord... and it is raised above the ring. The Ladder is placed on one turnbuckle, in an upright, but folded position.
    • The cage door is closed! And we start this match off!
    • The match begins with a flurry, as Michinoku and Kidd execute several high-profile lucha-libre moves.
    • Nice sequence where Kidd reverses an armbar with a series of flips and turns, resulting in him reversing the armbar on Taka!
    • But Taka goes for his own, and manages to execute a nice armdrag on Kidd!
    • Kidd appears frustrated. Taka goes for a tie-up, but Kidd hits a kick to Taka's gut!
    • Kidd throws Taka into the cage! Kidd goes for a running spear-like maneuver, but Taka dodges!
    • Taka grabs Kidd and then starts hammering his head into the cage wall!
    • Kidd falls down. Take takes Kidd, MICHINOKU DRIVER!? NO! LOW BLOW BY KIDD!
    • Kidd takes over with another sequence of nicely hit high-flying moves. A flying body press dazes Taka, and Kidd goes for the ladder!
    • Kidd takes the ladder and turns around, but is met with a dropkick from Taka! Kidd is sent sprawling into the turnbuckle, and is caught between the corner and the ladder!
    • Taka gets a head-start, and he dropkicks the ladder right into Kidd's chest! OUCH!
    • Kidd collapses on the mat.
    • Taka takes the ladder and sets it up. He climbs, but Kidd shakes the ladder a bit, causing Taka to lose his balance and fall!
    • Here's Kidd now, he takes the ladder and throws it on top of Taka!
    • Kidd goes to the top rope... and hits a stomp on the ladder, with Taka underneath!
    • Kidd grabs the ladder again, he sets it up near one turnbuckle. He drags Taka in front of the ladder. Kidd starts climbing... but wait... Taka is up! He climbs as well!
    • Taka has Kidd in an electric-chair position, on top of the ladder! FALL-AWAY ELECTRIC CHAIR DROP!!! That hit with impact!
    • AND THE LADDER FALLS ON TOP OF BOTH MEN!!!
    • There is no movement... until Kidd slowly, SLOWLY gets up. Taka also gets up.
    • Kidd sets the ladder up. Taka is there! They both climb the ladder! They're on top! Both men are punching each other now!
    • WAIT! WHAT IS THAT!? KIDD JUST TOOK A PAIR OF BRASS KNUCKLES FROM HIS TIGHTS! JR is screaming! "ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR, AND APPARENTLY, ANYTHING IS LEGAL WITH SUICIDE RULES!"
    • Kidd swings, AND MISSES! He loses his balance! He falls! Kidd's fall bothers the ladder, and the LADDER FALLS, ALONG WITH TAKA! Both men are down! BACK TO SQUARE ONE!
    • It takes some time for both men to get up!
    • Kidd grabs the ladder. He gets up slowly! Taka grabs a turnbuckle.
    • And here's Kidd! He sets the ladder up! He SLOWLY climbs rung, after rung.
    • Wait... Taka's climbing... the turnbuckle!?!? He's climbing the cage! He's climbing the cage!
    • Kidd is almost there! He slowly reaches for the title! Taka sees it! What is Taka doing!? What is he doing!?
    • Kidd has one hand on the title... HE UNLATCHES THE BELT!? WAIT! TAKA JUST DROPKICKED THE LADDER FROM THE TOP OF THE CAGE!!! JR: "GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! TAKA JUST COMMITED DOUBLE HOMICIDE!"
    • Kidd falls along with the ladder!!! Kidd hits the CAGE, HARD! His feet then get tied up on the ropes!!! Taka is lying motionless! The LHW title fell down when Kidd unlatched it! It's right's there in the middle of the ring!
    • Taka is slowly coming to... Kidd as well!!! Both men see the title!!! Taka crawls!!! He crawls to the title... so does Kidd.. but Kidd's feet are tied up in the ropes! HIS FEET ARE TIED! Kidd is frantically trying to undo the ropes!!!
    • Taka reaches the belt!!! THE BELL IS RUNG!!! TAKA MICHINOKU RETAINS!!! Kidd is screaming in agony and frustration... HE RIPS OFF HIS MASK!!! A blond-haired man in tears is what the fans see.
    • Taka is barely, BARELY conscious! Kidd is just spent! EMTS rush into the ring. They check both men, and soon stretcher them out!
    • JR: "That was the most INTENSE MATCH I have ever seen! BY GAWD, TAKA MICHINOKU JUST LITERALLY THREW HIS ENTIRE FUTURE AWAY WITH THAT ONE MOVE!"
  • Kiss My Ass Match (Austin's hands are handcuffed around his back) "Stone Cold" Steve Austin def. Vince McMahon (M:44 C:91 O:76)
    • The crowd was worked up. And they get THIS next for that awesome match.
    • IT IS THE "KISS YOUR ASS" MATCH! JR: "Austin will have to literally fight Mr. McMahon with TWO HANDS CUFFED BEHND HIS BACK. The loser of this match will have to KISS the winner's ass. Mr. McMahon is power-mad and it makes me SICK!"
    • "No Chance!" Here's Vinnie Mac. No Associates with him tonight. He walks down the ramp, and is reigned by boos. He has a police officer with him.
    • Vince takes microphone. "Tonight, you're going to see Stone Cold Steve Austin... KISS MY ASS. And he's going to do it alright! I have here, one of the finest local policemen here tonight, and he will personally apply the handcuffs on Stone Cold's wrists! Many of you think that this isn't fair... well, LIFE isn't fair. And frankly, I don't give a damn! Steve Austin, get your ass out here tonight... because it's about time that you kissed MINE!"
    • Glass shatters! The fans EXPLODE. It's AUSTIN! He marches his way down the ramp! Vince has a shit-eating grin on his face.
    • Austin gives Vince the middle finger, and then he gives the policeman the middle finger!
    • Vince: "CUFF HIM! CUFF THAT BASTARD!"
    • Austin has the cuffs applied to him. He just stares at Vince the entire time.
    • The cuffs are in place and the policeman positions himself at ringside. The bell rings!
    • Vince starts toying with Austin... he slaps him on the head a bit.
    • Austin doesn't like it, and he runs into Vince!
    • Vince falls flat on his ass, as Austin turns around and delivers a double-middle finger!
    • Vince growls and gets up. Austin is measuring Vince trying to go for kicks!
    • Vince suddenly kicks Austin in the balls! OUCH! Austin crumples down!
    • Cover! ONE! TWO! NO! AUSTIN KICKS OUT!
    • Vince stands up... he grabs Austin by the head, and throws him into the turnbuckle!
    • Vince mimick's Austin's foot-stomping routine! Austin is being pummeled!
    • Vince laughs and boasts while he turns around. Austin helps himself up and SPEARS VINCE RIGHT OUT OF THE RING!
    • Vince is hurting, and Austin stands up! Waitaminute! The police officer grabs Austin!?
    • Austin kicks him in the gut! But wait... Vince grabbed a chair!
    • Vince goes to whack Austin with the chair, but Austin ducks JUST IN TIME!
    • Vince accidentally hits the officer! Austin then kicks Vince in the balls! Vince crumbles on the mat!
    • Austin approaches the policeman. He took the keys! HE'S FIDGETING WITH THE CUFFS! THEY'RE OFF! AND VINCE SEES THIS!
    • Austin chases Vince all over ringside, and he catches McMahon inside the ring!
    • STUNNER! VINCE MCMAHON JUST GOT A STUNNER! AUSTIN COVERS! ONE! TWO! THREE! AUSTIN WINS! AUSTIN WINS!
    • Vince is now begging... no, pleading... he doesn't want to kiss Austin's ass! Austin just grins and holds up two middle fingers to Vince's face!
    • WHACK! WHAT'S THAT!? IT'S SAVIO VEGA!? SAVIO VEGA JUST HIT AUSTIN TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD WITH THE STEEL CHAIR!
    • Austin is OUT! Vince is helped up by Vega, who raises the chair to the crowd, and they absolutely BOO.
    • Vince is helped by Vega to the back, as JR says that "WE JUST SAW SOME ASS-KISSING RIGHT THERE. THAT NO-GOOD SONOFABITCH, SAVIO VEGA, JUST KISSED MR. MCMAHON'S ASS AND ATTACKED STEVE AUSTIN... NO, HE BLINDSIDED HIM!!! DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!!"
  • WWF Intercontinental Championship: Magnificent Marc Mero © def. Rocky Maivia, Ken Shamrock, Farooq (M:85 C:85 O:84)
    • It's time for the IC Title Match! The match rules are explained. First man to gain a pinfall or a submission will win the match!
    • "We Are The Nation!" Farooq is out, to big boos from the crowd.
    • Ken Shamrock is out, and the crowd cheers. He eyes Farooq in the ring.
    • "Do you smell what The Rock is cooking?" Rocky Maivia walks out and gets a HUGE pop. Rocky poses for the crowd, and then concentrates on his two opponents in the ring.
    • The IC Champ walks out... "Magnificent" Marc Mero is here. And all three contenders anticipate the dastardle IC Champ. He gets a huge chorus of boos.
    • The bell rings and Farooq, Rocky and Shamrock all duke it out in the middle of the ring!
    • Mero wisely jumps out and watches from ringside.
    • But Shamrock sees him and he runs after Mero!
    • Mero runs back into the ring, and is met with a CLOTHESLINE from Farooq!
    • Rocky then hits Mero with a big legdrop! The crowd cheers!
    • Shamrock is in, and he takes on Mero.
    • Farooq and Rocky fight it out!
    • Rocky and Farooq apparently have not buried the hatchet yet, and are laying into each other with brutal punches!
    • Shamrock starts slapping moves on Mero like crazy!
    • After a few minutes of brawling, Shamrock manages to cinch in the ANKLE LOCK ON MERO!
    • But Farooq quickly hits Shamrock from the back!
    • That sets up Rocky vs. Mero and Shamrock vs. Farooq!
    • Rocky and Mero get into a punching session, while Shamrock works on Farooq with several suplexes!
    • A couple of minutes of brawling later, Rocky hits a tornado DDT on Mero, and that gets only two after Shamrock and Farooq both work on Rocky!
    • Mero crawls out of the ring! He is exhausted!
    • Three-way brawl! Farooq is double-clotheslined by Shamrock and Rocky!
    • Shamrock throws Rocky into the turnbuckle! He turns around!
    • Farooq kicks Shamrock in the gut! DOMINATOR!
    • But Rocky surprises Farooq! ROCK BOTTOM! NO! FAROOQ COUNTERS! BUT ROCKY REESTABLISHES HIS POSITION!!!
    • Maivia HITS THE ROCK BOTTOM ON FAROOQ!!!!
    • He stands up, is he going to deliver that Elbow!?!?
    • Mero jumps into the ring... and MERO SHOVES ROCKY OUTSIDE!
    • Mero covers Farooq... ONE TWO THREE! MERO RETAINS! MERO RETAINS! Rocky climbs back into the ring, but Mero has already left with the title!!!
    • Rocky is PISSED! Mero retreats through the crowd! JR: "Mero just squeaked by with the win right here... ROCKY MAIVIA WILL WANT A REMATCH, I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT!"
  • Flair / Hunter Hearst Helmsley promo (Rating:89)
    • Flair is backstage in the hallway, ready for the MAIN EVENT, and the fans cheer.
    • Helmsley walks up to Flair, with Crush in tow. He berates Flair.
    • "Look at you, Flair. You can't hack it anymore. I happen to know that you didn't leave WCW, they LET YOU GO. You know why WCW let you go? Because you're not half the man that you used to be. You're all hype, Naitch. You'd better call this match down the damn line... oh yeah, we know what WCW is all about. Screwjob finishes, little surprises, allegiances being switched at the last moment. You'd BETTER call this match down the line, Flair, because if you don't... well, you'll find out. And you don't want to find out now, do you?"
    • Flair just stares at HHH and Crush, and then speaks.
    • "You do what you gotta do inside the ring, Hunter. I think you should concentrate more on the task at hand than on little old me. But after this match is over, wether you walk out with the title or not... you can bring out the worst, and I'll be glad, I'll be glad to show you what "The Nature Boy" is all about. WHOOOOO!"
    • The fans cheer as Flair storms off, leaving HHH and Crush fuming.
  • WWF Championship (Ric Flair as special guest referee): Jeff Jarrett© def. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (M:92 C:92 O:91)
    • First out is the SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE for this WWF Championship Match... "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair!
    • Flair struts down the aisle as the fans go wild. Flair poses a bit for the crowd, he does his little walk, and then waits for the contestants.
    • "Are you Ready!?" Hunter Hearst Helmsley walks out, and he's got Crush in tow! Helmsley has a game-face on.
    • He crotch-chops a couple of fans at ringside before entering the ring.
    • Helmsley poses with Crush, and the crowd boos them.
    • "Cowboy. Cowboy. I'm just a Cowboy baby, with the top let back and the sunshine shining!" Here's Jeff Jarrett!, here's the reigning WWF Champion!
    • Jarrett holds the WWF Title with one hand and raises it for the crowd as he walks down the aisle.
    • The fans cheer as Jarrett poses on the turnbuckle.
    • Staredown to start the match. Ric Flair pats both competitors down.
    • Flair has the bell rung, and we get trash-talking between HHH and Jarrett!
    • HHH goes for a cheap-shot punch, but Jarrett ducks!
    • JJ takes over for the first part of the match. Executing several hip-tosses on HHH, who rolls out of the ring to recuperate.
    • Crush builds up HHH's confidence and he jumps back in.
    • Tie-up, HHH overpowers JJ and shoves him into a corner. EYEPOKE! Flair grabs HHH and reprimands him!
    • HHH goes back to work on JJ, with a couple of knees to the gut. He tosses JJ to the ropes and hits a flying knee.
    • HHH goes for the cover but gets two.
    • HHH takes JJ and puts him into a series of holds. An armbar, into a hammerlock, and then into a side-headlock.
    • JJ powers out and tosses HHH into the ropes, JJ hits a back-body drop!
    • JJ runs across the ropes, but is tripped up by Crush! JJ turns to go for Crush, but Flair catches it! He's ordering Crush to head back!
    • HHH is furious! Crush is vehement! Crush reluctantly makes his way to the back!
    • Flair is keeping this one a fair fight!
    • JJ turns around, right into a clothesline from HHH!
    • HHH covers again. Two count.
    • HHH picks up JJ, he tosses him out through the second rope!
    • HHH goes outside, and Flair starts counting.
    • HHH takes JJ, he throws him into the steps... NO! Reversed by JJ! HHH hits the steps, shoulder first!
    • JJ tosses HHH back into the ring.
    • JJ takes HHH and hits a back-breaker. Cover. Two count.
    • JJ throws HHH into the turnbuckle. He mounts him, punches! ONE TWO THREE FOUR FIVE SIX SEVEN EIGHT NINE AND TEN!
    • Flair admonishes JJ, while Hunter staggers out of the ropes and flops into the mat!
    • JJ goes up top... elbow drop!? But HHH is quick, he was playing possum! HHH rolls out of the way!
    • HHH takes JJ and slaps on a sleeper!
    • Flair checks JJ, ONE! Another time, TWO! One last time and HHH wins this... NO! JJ powers out!
    • JJ tosses HHH to the ropes! DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE!
    • Both men struggle to get up, it takes a moment, but Flair doesn't count them.
    • An exhausted HHH goes for JJ with a punch! But JJ ducks!!! JJ HAS HHH SET-UP FOR HIS FINISHER!!!
    • Reverse side-russian legsweep!!! NO!!! Countered by HHH with an elbow!
    • HHH goes for a Pedigree... and it is COUNTERED BY A BACKDROP FROM JJ!
    • JJ collapses on the mat and BOTH MEN ARE DOWN!
    • Flair starts counting both men out... one...two... three... four... five... six... Jarrett is up! Helmsley is up as well!
    • Helmsley and Jarrett are DUKING IT OUT WITH LEFTS AND RIGHTS!
    • Helmsley POKES Jarrett in the eye! Flair admonishes him! Jarrett takes a few seconds to recover!
    • Helmsley... signals from the back!?
    • Wait a minute! Crush runs back down the aisle! Flair jumps out and quickly stops him!
    • Helmsley turns around... REVERSE SIDE-RUSSIAN LEGSWEEP!!! Jarrett Covers!!!
    • ONE-TWO-THREE-FOUR... no! Crush still has Flair distracted outside! Crush isn't letting Flair turn around to see the cover!
    • Jarrett barely stands up. Helmsley also gets to his knees.
    • Jarrett goes over to pick up Helmsley... BUT HELMSLEY LOW BLOWS JARRETT!
    • Jarrett doubles over in pain! Helmsley has JJ set up!
    • Hunter Hearst Helmsley has Jarrett! PEDIGREE! PEDIGREE! Hunter covers! HHH yells at Crush!
    • Crush lets go of Flair's attention! Flair turns around and sees the cover! HHH is waving at Flair to make the count!
    • Flair jumps back into the ring! WILL JJ BE SCREWED OUT OF THE WWF TITLE!?
    • Jim Ross is screaming. "NO! NO! NO! NOT THIS WAY! NOT THIS WAY!"
    • Flair counts it! ONE! TWO! THRE-NO!!! JARRETT KICKED OUT!!!
    • HHH covers again! ONE! TWO! THRE-NO NO NO!!! JARRETT KICKS OUT AGAIN!!!
    • Hunter CAN'T BELIEVE IT! Flair says it's only TWO! Hunter gets up, he shoves Flair into a corner! HHH yells at Crush to get in the ring!!!
    • Crush jumps on the apron... HERE'S DUSTIN RHODES! HE PULLS CRUSH DOWN! THEY BRAWL TO THE BACK!
    • Jarrett gets up, he grabs Helmsley, RIGHT HAND!
    • But HHH replies with a RIGHT HAND OF HIS OWN!
    • BOTH MEN ARE EXCHANGING RIGHTS!
    • HHH goes for another punch, BUT JARRETT DUCKS!
    • Jarrett grabs him and sets him up...
    • Jarrett hits the REVERSE SIDE-RUSSIAN LEGSWEEP AGAIN!!! HE COVERS!
    • FLAIR COUNTS IT! ONE!!!! TWO!!!! THREE!!!! JARRETT WINS! JARRETT RETAINS!
    • The announcer grabs the microphone "The winner... and STILL WWF CHAMPION... JEFF JARRETT!!!"
    • Flair takes Jarrett's hand and raises it to the delight of the crowd.
    • Jarrett can barely stand, and Flair holds him up.
    • A final shot of HHH still lying on the mat... with JJ raising the title up to the crowd, Flair barely holding him up, raising his other hand.
    • Jim Ross goes off on his headset. "Jeff Jarrett WINS! Jarrett is STILL CHAMPION! MY GOD, WHAT A FINISH! WHAT A WAY TO END THE NIGHT! WHAT A NIGHT! JEFF JARRETT IS STILL WWF CHAMPION! GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE! SEE YOU ON RAW!!!"
Edited by wrestlingsuicide

Well, I may not be able to predict the finishes, but I loved the event. Great Unforgiven. The main event was fantastic, and it was good to see that you kept Flair out of the action and allowed Jarrett to look strong in victory. I alos liked the finish to the IC match. It really fits Mero's new character of "outsmarting" people and by having him utilise on Rocky's finisher makes Rocky's finisher look lethal (Farroq was down for a long time if Meron stopped the elbow and then covered) and Mero look smart.

Austin's match was good. It fit their characters, and I think Savio Vega's interferance fits the history of their characters (remember that Vega and Austin had a big feud when Austin first came to the WWF). Quebecers winning is good, but I felt that Kurrgan's "win" oer KAne was a waste. Kane really needs to be put back to the top of the card, and this meaningless feud with Kurrgan is only hurting him.

As for the Light Heavyweight match....Great booking. It was great to see something unique with the belt falling to the mat and then the two men going for it. Awesome match that was presented well. I'd be interested to see if the fans turn Suicidal Kid (without mask) face after his efforts in the match. Could be a good way to move him into another area of action (say the Prime Time Belt?).

Pretty good show man. I was shocked at seeing Savio Vega showing up, But like iceman said, He and Austin did have some unresolved issues from the past. I also liked how you kept Flair away from the title match, As far as screwing either men goes. I didn't like the ending to Kurrgan/Kane. It makes Kane look way too much like a big pussy. I mean, He would have just grabbed Jackyl or something and tossed his ass into the 10th row. And a loss to Kurrgan, While Kurrgan is a hoss, Kane was just main eventing Wrestlemania last month. The ladder match was kick ass, And I'm wondering if SK will be gone and Christian Cage will somehow re-debut or something. I also liked the ending to the IC title match, Makes Mero look smart. I'm thinking Mero will get a fresh new challenger for the title, As Rocky and Shamrock both seem too over to be fighting for it. All in all, Good work man. (Y)

Wow, I like the fact that you're seemingly going to push Savio Vega now. I was a big fan of him and I'm thrilled. Keep it up! I don't know about the Kurrgan/Kane match but I'm hoping you're driving towards something. The rest of the PPV turned out somewhat like I thought it would, though Taka retaining caught me off-guard. I am interested to see how you will build towards the next PPV.

Meh. Sorry it took so damn long. :)

WWF Monday Night RAW - Apr. 27, 1998

Show Rating: 78

RAW TV Rating: 5.06

Nitro TV Rating: 5.47

IPB Image

• Hunter calls out Flair! (Rating: 84)
    • Welcome to RAW! JR and King run down last night's PPV, and the fact that Jeff Jarrett walked away as the WWF Champion!
    • "Are You Ready?" And out walks DX in full force! Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Crush, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn walk out.
    • The crowd boos as all four members of DX walk down the aisle and enter the ring.
    • HHH grabs the microphone, as the crowd just keeps on booing.
    • "If you all just shut up for a moment..." and the crowd boos even louder.
    • "...fine. You can all kiss my ass. And suck this!" Hunter does a crotch chop. "Yeah, stick it up your ass, fat boy." Says HHH as he points to a teenage kid who was flipping him off.
    • "Last night was a disgrace. It was a disgrace for the WWF, it was a disgrace for anyone and everyone involved with this Federation, it was a complete shakedown on DX! The New Age Outlaws, Road Dogg and Billy... they got ROBBED of the Tag Team Championships by two Canadian hicks! Nothing's right in this damn world. And last night, last night Ric Flair... that old, useless, no-good two-bit has-been... he screwed me out of the WWF Championship! He ROBBED me of the WWF Title. Ric Flair, I blame YOU, I blame you for not doing the "right thing", I blame you as the reason why I'm not standing in front of these people here right now, the WWF Champion! Last night, I told you there were going to be consequences, and damnit, tonight there will BE consequences. So, Flair, I know you're at the back, I've seen you pacing around... worrying, like a little kid waiting to be beat up... I know you're out there, and I know that you know, that you're going down... TONIGHT. So Flair, get your old, wrinkly ass out here... because we're going to settle this, right here, right now."
  • Flair responds... but the Champ also has something to say! (Rating: 93)
    • "Sprach Zarathustra" starts playing. And the fans cheer as Flair walks out. He's wearing a nice dark blue suit.
    • Flair walks down the aisle, and he cautiously steps into the ring.
    • Hunter's face is shaking... it's shaking out of frustration, out of anger.
    • HHH speaks in a silent, almost maniacal whisper. "You screwed me out of the WWF Championship, old man. And tonight, you're going to get what you deserve."
    • Flair grabs the microphone from HHH's hands. He starts off slow.
    • "Helmsley, listen to me, I didn't screw you outta' nothin'. You know why you lost? Do you know why you lost? Because you didn't want it enough... you didn't want it as much as Jarrett wanted it. To you, the Title was nothing more but a trophy you can show to your friends, to these people... but to Jarrett... man, to Jarrett that Title meant a whole lot more... it meant more than you would EVER, EVER understand."
    • Flair then picks the pace up, raising his voice.
    • "But for you to say that I, THA NAITCHA' BOY, screwed YOU out of that match!? You're out of your goddamned mind! I called that match just the way I said I would call it. RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE. And you know what? You want to blame ME? You want to blame RIC FLAIR? If there's one man, and one man alone in this entire world that you should blame, Helmsley, you should blame YOURSELF! YOU lost the match. YOU got your shoulders pinned, ONE, TWO, THREE. I'm just the guy who counted em down, pal."
    • Flair then goes wild.
    • "YOU THINK I'M AFRAID!? RIC FLAIR AIN'T AFRAID OF ANYBODY! I AIN'T AFRAID OF YOU, YOUR THREE MUSKETEERS, OR ANYONE ELSE! You want to step into the ring with THE NAITCHA' BOY!? YOU WANNA STEP INTO THE RING WITH THE LIMO-RIDING, JET-FLYING, KISS-STEALING, WHEELING-DEALING SONOFAGUN! YOU WANNA' WALK DOWN THAT AISLE... HIGH-STYLE AND... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! PROFILE WITH RIC FLAIR!? YOU JUST GOT YOUR WISH!"
    • Flair backs off and starts taking off his coat, and loosening his tie. DX looks ready to beat-down Flair!
    • "COWBOY. COWBOY." But wait! Out comes Jeff Jarrett! DX stops in their tracks, and check out the champ as he walks out with the WWF Title around his waist, a microphone on one hand and a guitar on the other! Jarrett speaks.
    • "I didn't know there was a party going on tonight, because noone invited me! Last I heard, I beat your ass last night, Helmsley, and I successfully DEFENDED the WWF Championship!"
    • Helmsley answers back. "Walk back down that aisle, Jarrett... after we finish with Flair, you're next!"
    • Jarret grins mockingly. "Since I'm next, then why don't we settle this here?" JJ climbs the ring, and DX quickly backs off... all of them looking at the menacing guitar. Jarrett stands beside Flair.
    • "The way I see it, Helmsley, is that if you want to take Flair down, you're going to have to take me down with him. You can be sure that me and old Betsy here ain't gonna' back down from anyone. See, I AM the WWF Champion, Helmsley. Last night, I pinned your shoulders on the mat, one two three, and I proved to everyone that WrestleMania was no fluke. I am the REAL THING."
    • DX is ready to go, but HHH smiles and talks off his crew from attacking. HHH and DX then leave the ring and march back into the aisle.
    • Hunter speaks into his mic as DX backtracks down the ramp. "You and Flair want a fight? Fine. The two of you, in the ring TONIGHT!"
    • Flair takes the mic from Jarrett. "ANYTIME, ANYWHERE! WHOOOOOOOOOO!"
    • Hunter replies. "Good. Because tonight, it's going to be Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett taking on... the New Age Outlaws! Suck on that!" HHH crotch-chops Flair.
    • Road Dogg and Billy Gunn are concerned, they didn't expect THAT. HHH just smiles and reassures his stablemates.
  • Legion of Doom def. D'Lo Brown & Farooq (M:79 C:74 O:76)
    • First match of the night.
    • LOD walks out to big fan reception. Yay.
    • "We are the Nation" here's Farooq and D'Lo Brown. Farooq is fresh from not winning the IC title in last night's match.
    • Nice brawl shown by both teams.
    • Farooq and D'Lo have several moments where they just don't "click"
    • Hawk and Animal rally as they hit the Doomsday Device on D'Lo!
    • Hawk covers D'Lo for the three-count.
    • LOD celebrates and leaves. Farooq is standing in the ring with D'Lo.
    • Looks like Farooq is giving D'Lo an earful... and D'Lo just takes it like a man.
    • Well, there you go. Farooq's still pissed off at Brown on their way back.
  • The Quebecers interview (Rating:70)
    • The Quebecers backstage with their manager Ray Rougeau. Ray gets on the mic, while the Quebecers shine up their titles.
    • "To all the naysayers, we say... NAY TO YOU AS WELL! The Quebecers PROUDLY and BRAVELY defended the WWF Tag Team Titles last night against the New Age Outlaws! Proud Canadians like ourselves do NOT back down from any challenge, against any one. So if the Legion of Doom think that they can scare us by running into our matches and pulverizing their opponents like they so often do, then they're absolutely wrong, OY! We beat them at WrestleMania, and we can beat them AGAIN! Make no mistake about it! That is why, next week... on RAW, we are going to be DEFENDING the WWF Tag Team Titles against the Legion of Doom! We're going to show you just why we Quebecers, Canadians true, are the only team in the WWF worthy of being called Champions! OY!"
  • Mr. McMahon appoints a Head of Security (Rating:72)
    • "No Chance!" Vince McMahon makes his way down to the ring and received a chorus of boos from the crowd.
    • Vince steps into the ring, and is handed a microphone by a stagehand.
    • "Good evening everyone, and welcome to WWF RAW! I'm sure a lot of you tuned in... paid good money last night to watch me, Vincent Kennedy McMahon beat the living hell out of that miscreant, Stone Cold Steve Austin! And I'm sure all you people are thinking that since I lost last night's match, that I should kiss Steve Austin's ass here tonight on RAW!"
    • Cheer from the crowd.
    • "But unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. See, Steve Austin, that bald-headed drunk, he CHEATED! The stipulation of the match specifically stated that Austin was supposed to fight with his hands cuffed behind his back... and he CHEATED to beat me! So, by default... I declare myself, Vince McMahon as the WINNER of last night's match!"
    • Boos from the crowd.
    • "And I would like to take this moment to offer my appreciation and gratitude to one man, the man who stood up to that no-good piece of shit(bleeped), Steve Austin, the man who saved me from a fate worse than death... I give you... SAVIO!"
    • Savio Vega walks out to a nifty new tune. Similar to McMahon's. Savio is wearing an all-black SWAT suit, not unlike the Big Bossman Circa 1999 (remember him?). He's got a pair of shades on.
    • Savio walks into the ring and shakes hands with Mr. McMahon. McMahon goes on.
    • "...and as a reward for his bravery in the face of danger, for planting that steel chair ever so sweetly to the back of Austin's head, who's recuperating in some shack somewhere in Texas right now, I am hereby appointing Savio as the WWF's first ever Associate Head of Security! Now Savio, how about a couple of words?"
    • McMahon hands the microphone over to Savio.
    • "Thank you Mr. McMahon. And I am PROUD to be named as the new Head of Security! Because we've had too many backstage fights, blindside attacks and whatnot going on during the past few months... the WWF NEEDS a Head of Security! And I will make sure, will MAKE SURE that everyone is put into their rightful place, and just like I showed everyone last night... THAT includes Stone Cold Steve Austin!!!" And the crowd boos.
    • "My name is Savio, and I AM Head of Security! You WILL obey!" Crowd boos even more as McMahon and Savio raise their hands inside the ring.
  • Crush def. Dustin Rhodes (M:78 C:79 O:78)
    • "Are Your Ready?" Crush is out, and receives a chorus of boos from the crowd.
    • "I'm on the Highway to hell!" Here's Dustin Rhodes! Pop.
    • Brutal match, as both men go at it toe-to-toe.
    • Crush dominates with his power, tossing Rhodes around.
    • Rhodes, however, outsmarts his opponent with a couple of cheap shots.
    • The battle spills outside, and Crush throws Rhodes into the steel steps!
    • He then spearheads Rhodes, head-first into the steel post! That knocks Rhodes out!
    • The ref is counting, he's near ten... and Crush rolls into the ring. The ref has counted Rhodes out of the match! Crush wins!
    • But Crush isn't over yet! He grabs a steel chair, and waits for a groggy Rhodes to get back up.
    • Crush DRILLS the chair into Rhodes skull! Rhodes is busted wide-open! The ref can't control this!
    • Rhodes is gone... and here comes EMTs... and Savio walks out... he's calling for a couple fo security guys.
    • The EMTs tend to Rhodes while the new Head Of Security, Savio, walks over to Crush and calmly, almost in a friend-like manner, asks Crush to head back.
    • Crush smiles as he walks back up the ramp, and is given a chorus of boos from the crowd.
  • Marc Mero interivew (Rating:77)
    • Back from commercial break, and here's the IC Champ "Magnificent" Marc Mero walking down the aisle.
    • He gets boos from the crowd, as he takes the microphone.
    • "Well, well, well... Oh, you all thought I wasn't walking out last night as the Intercontinental Champion. I bet you all thought I was going to get beat-up and leave the ring on a strecther? Correct? Well, take a look at this people. I am standing here, before you, STILL the WWF Intercontinental Champion. Still on top. STILL MAGNIFICENT!"
    • More boos. Mero poses.
    • "Now, you know... I'm a fair guy... and you know, I'm not one to hold people down... so, out of the goodness of my OWN heart, I asked Mr. McMahon to give Rocky Maivia a match tonight to determine if he deserves a rematch for the Intercontinental Championship! And Mr. Mcmahon kindly gave me that match. So, tonight... UP NEXT... it will be Rocky Maivia, fighting for his right to face me at the next PPV with a title shot at my Intercontinental Championship, going one-on-one against... SAVIO! Good luck Rocky!"
    • Crowd boos as Mero rolls out of the ring and joins JR and Lawler on commentary.
  • Savio def. Rocky Maivia (M:76 C:81 O:79)
    • Savio is out again, the crowd hates him on his first day on the job. Heh.
    • "The Rock Says..." And here's Rocky... the crowd goes wild! Rocky poses on the ramp. He's got a microphone!
    • "Marc Mero, The Rock says this, you want to play games? Go ahead! The Rock is going to beat the crap out of that security guy inside the ring! The Rock is going to get his title shot, and then proceed to whoop your roody-poo candy ass all over that very same ring until you cry uncle and decide to give The Rock what's rightfully his! The Intercontinental Championship! If you smell, what The Rock is cookin'!"
    • Rocky rushes into the ring, and we get a brawl!
    • Savio and Rocky use their fists for the better part of this match, degenerating into a punch-out contest.
    • Savio took over with a couple of good moves. A sidewalk slam and a nicely placed elbow-drop.
    • Rocky came back, using a surprise Tornado DDT to lay-out Savio.
    • Rocky goes for the elbow, by Mero jumped off the announcing table and tugged at Rocky's leg! The ref didn't catch that!
    • Rocky starts yelling at Mero, and Savio gets him in a school-boy roll-up!
    • Savio pulls on Rocky's tights and gets the three count!
    • Savio walks away with Mero, happy with the win. Rocky is cursing on the mat, as he just stares down Mero.
  • Kurrgan and Jackyl are spooked! (Rating:67)
    • Back from commercial, and Jackyl is out with Kurrgan. He's got a mic.
    • "Ladies and gentlemen, I said last night, I'll say it again. Kurrgan IS the REAL monster in the WWF! Last night, he dealt with Kane, and tommorow, THE WORLD! There is noone, noone in the WWF who can stop Kurrgan! There is NOBODY who can match-up with him! He is a MONSTER in every true sense of the word! And as of tonight, I believe we are going to set our sights on the WWF Championship!"
    • At that moment, the lights go out! Organ music is heard, and a red glow fills the arena!
    • Paul Bearer's voice is heard on the PA system.
    • "Jackyl... did you think it would be over? Oooooooh my Kane was not pleased with what happened last night at In Your House! And truly, things remain...UNFORGIVEN!"
    • The TitanTron flickers.
    • "...are you ready for his wrath, Kurrgan!? Oooooooh yesss... his wrath will come for you! His wrath... KANE'S WRATH!!! And soon, you too... shall rest... in... peace... OOOOOH YESSS!"
    • And the TitanTron shows an enormous wooden casket. This absolutely spooks Kurrgan out of his wits. Jackyl tries to keep his client calm.
    • The fans cheer as Kurrgan runs away! While Jackyl goes after him. Eerie to say the least.
  • Suicidal Kidd interview (Rating:85)
    • And we cut backstage to a LIVE interview by Michael Cole with the Suicidal Kidd.
    • Kidd is sitting down, with his mask on. He is downcast as Cole asks him what this interview was supposed to be about.
    • Kidd looks at Cole, and then the camera.
    • "I've worked hard to be a wrestler all my life. From the very first day I stepped into a wrestling ring, I've trained myself to be the absolute best. I've given everything to this business just to break through to one of the major players. I finally got to a point where I could say that I was on a roll... I was there... the Light Heavyweight Championship was right there on my fingertips... in MY OWN match. And I couldn't pull it off. I could not beat Taka, in my OWN GAME! And that just EATS ME UP, it EATS ME UP inside, Cole. You know what I mean?"
    • Kidd rips off the mask, and we see a blond-haired kid with tears in his eyes.
    • "You know, when you want to be the best, you sacrifice a hell of a lot... and last night, after going through my own personal hell... losing in a match i called... I don't think the sacrifice is worth it anymore.... this 'business' isn't worth it... so, I'll have to tell Taka that he'd better enjoy his win over the Suicidal Kidd last night. Enjoy your win, Taka, because that's the last win you'll ever get out of me. I realized that I couldn't hack it... I couldn't 'run with the boys'. My name is Jay Reso... and as of right now... I quit. I'm done."
    • Reso stands up and leaves. Cole doesn't know what to say.
  • Jarrett & Flair def. The New Age Outlaws (M:81 C:85 O:83)
    • Main Event time!
    • "OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW!" The fans cheer a bit for the Outlaws. Gunn and Dogg play the crowd as they make their way into the ring.
    • "Cowboy. Cowboy." Jarrett is out, no guitar in sight. Well, maybe he didn't need it. The fans cheer as JJ raises the WWF Title.
    • "Sprach Zarathustra" starts playing, and here's Flair! He gets a big pop as well! Flair takes his merry time walking down to the ring, JR says that this is Flair's first time in action in a WWF ring in seven years.
    • Match starts with JJ and Dogg. Nice exchange between the two.
    • JJ gets double-teamed a bit by the Outlaws.
    • But JJ comes back, and tags in Flair! Heeere we go! The fans go nuts!
    • Flair pokes both Outlaws in the eye! Dirtiest player in the game? Damn skippy!
    • Flair works on Gunn a bit. But Gunn comes back with some power moves.
    • Gunn tags in Dogg, who also works on Flair.
    • Both men go at it now, and Flair finds a way out with a low blow that the ref didn't see!
    • Flair and Dogg both crawl for their corners! Hot tag to JJ! Hot tag to Gunn!
    • Brawl! Brawl! JJ takes over!
    • JJ isolates Gunn and hits a DDT! JJ tags Flair back in!
    • Is he going for it!? Yes! FIGURE FOUR BY FLAIR ON GUNN! JJ and Dogg fight it out!
    • Gunn looks like he's about to quit! No! CRUSH JUST RAN INTO THE RING AND LEGDROPPED FLAIR!
    • The ref throws the match out, JJ and Flair win... but DX is now laying them both out!
    • Flair gets demolished by Crush! JJ is double-teamed by Dogg and Gunn! Rhodes was dispatched earlier, so there's no help coming!
    • Dogg and Gunn take JJ... DOUBLE-POWERBOMB STRAIGHT THROUGH THE ANNOUNCER'S TABLE!
    • Helmsley shows up with a big grin on his face... and he's got JJ's guitar with him!
    • Crush holds Flair up, he's barely conscious. Helmsley grabs Flair's face, he starts laughing! HHH winds up, GUITAR SHOT ON FLAIR!
    • The fans boo as DX poses on top of Ric Flair's broken body! Jarrett is unconscious outside!
    • HHH steps over Flair and does a couple of crotch-chops! JR says that this is a TRAVESTY!
    • The show closes with HHH getting on Flair's face and slapping him, while berating the Nature Boy.

Sprach Zarathustra" starts playing, and here's Flair! He gets a big pop as well! Flair takes his merry time walking down to the ring, JR says that this is Flair's first time in action in a WWF ring in seven years.

RAW seemed a little stale this week. No Austin, No Shamrock, No Taka, No Scaggs, No Associates (they could have been good working in with the Savio announcement). I felt that there was almost a holding pattern on several stories, and nothing new (except Savio's role) started. I was very disappointed that Flair was not given a win in his first match in WWF. I did like the Outlaws reaction to HHH's announcement (since when does Triple H book matches???), and look forward to HHH hiding behind them some more. Hopefully Jay Reso won't be gone long. Perhaps a shock win in a battle royal to get a shot at the Light Heavyweight title could be a good return.

April 1998 Recap

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

Size: Global

Public Image: 17

WCW slid down a ton during the month of April, but quickly recovered towards the end. Bret Hart and Hogan have been embroiled in a bitter feud over the past month, which ended with a surprise twist, The Hitman joined the nWo, and left his Canadian Foundation high and dry. WCW signed several older stars to contracts, and also established a "No Holds Barred" division, spearheaded by the new-comer Tommy Dreamer. Dreamer is being set to feud with Raven over the next couple of months as an extension to their ECW feud.

EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

Size: National

Public Image: 69

ECW continues to rise its stock, but was hurt by the flocking of ECW alumn Tommy Dreamer into WCW's open arms (and checkbook). ECW has been constantly losing money over the past months and has been kept afloat by several "loans" by Paul Heyman from Vince McMahon. So far there has been nothing to indicate that ECW is indeed "sharing" talent with the WWF, and that piece of news has been unsubstantiated.

GOLDEN CANVAS GRAPPLING

Size: Backyard

Public Image: 42

GCG isn't even on the wrestling map. A bunch of backyard wrestlers having fun. How nice.

SMOKEY MOUNTAIN WRESTLING REBIRTH

Size: Small

Public Image: 25

SMWR opened last month to little fanfare, and remained stagnant throughout the month. Notable members are Donovon Morgan and Gangrel.

WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION

Size: Global

Public Image: 12

The WWF followed up WrestleMania XIV with a lot of new agendas. Jeff Jarrett and Hunter Hearst helmsley were quickly hot-shotted to the main event of WM, and needed another PPV to showcase their talents. The stage came at IYH:Unforgiven, where the two gave an amazing show for the crowd. This legitimized both Jarrett and Helmsley's Main Event push in the eyes of smarks and marks alike. Rocky Maivia continues to be the company's most over star, and is currently in the chase for the IC Title, expect the WWF to capitalize on his new-found fame of recent months to culminate into a WWF Title shot, and perhaps a WWF Title run in the near future. Following WM, the WWF was faced with several new problems: They had no solid heels in the midcard, which is why there are plans to currently push heels during the march to the King of the Ring. Ric Flair made waves by jumping ship from WCW to the WWF during April, and already made a huge impact on RAW, Heat and IYH. Speaking of Heat, the once-taped show is now being broadcast LIVE on the USA Network, giving the WWF a secondary show to progress storylines etc.

WWF Top 10s (overness in parenthesis)

Top 10 Faces:

1. Rocky Maivia (100)

2. Jeff Jarrett (98)

3. Ric Flair (97)

4. Steve Austin (93)

5. Dustin Rhodes (84)

6. Taka Michinoku (83)

7. Kane (82)

8. Ken Shamrock (81)

9. Animal (81)

10. Hawk (81)

Top 10 Heels:

1. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (93)

2. Vince McMahon (93)

3. Shawn Michaels (93) *Rehab*

4. Marc Mero (84)

5. Suicidal Kidd (83)

6. James E. Cornette (79) *Injured*

7. Crush (77)

8. Farooq (77)

9. Road Dogg (72)

10. Billy Gunn (70)

Top 10 Merchandise Sellers (in percentile):

1. Ric Flair - 64% (making shockwaves by jumping ship)

2. Steve Austin - 3%

3. Rocky Maivia - 2%

4. Shawn Michaels - 2%

5. Hawk - 2%

6. Jeff Jarrett - 2%

7. Charlie Scaggs - 2%

8. Kane - 2%

9. Sexton Hardcastle - 2%

10. Dustin Rhodes - 2%

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night - May. 2, 1998

Show Rating: 72

TV Rating: 0.04

• Replay of JJ/Flair beatdown by DX (Rating: 87)
    • Replay of what happened after the main event on RAW.
  • Cool Cat Joe Legend def. Brian Christopher (M:67 C:53 O:60)
    • Nice match, Cool Cat Joe Legend showed some nice moves.
    • BC was the arrogant heel for most of the match.
    • Legend hits a Double-Arm DDT, called "The Hustle" for the win.
    • Cool Cat then does a little shimmy for the crowd.
  • Kurrgan interview w/ Jackyl (Rating:73)
    • Taped interview from Jackyl and Kurrgan
    • Jackyl goes on a rant. "No, no, no... Bearer, you and that sick son of yours are going straight to hell! There is no way that we are going to agree to a casket match! Oh yeah, I know what you're trying to do! There is no way that Kurrgan is going to risk his career... his LIFE!!! on a cakset match!"
    • Kurrgan growls a bit.
    • Jackyl continues. "Kane, you want to face Kurrgan!? You want to take him one-on-one!? You do it inside the ring, in a regular match! No caskets! No nothing! In fact, we challenge you to a match, next week... on RAW! Seeing as how my client just beat you at In Your House, I promise you that he'll do it... AGAIN! We will SEE YOU on Monday!"
  • Sexton Hardcastle & Roderick Steele interview (Rating:75)
    • Full Throttle is out, and the fans cheer. Hardcastle and Steele get inside the ring, ready for their match against D'Lo and Kama. But first, they get mics.
    • Roderick Steele speaks first. "Ladies and gents, sirs and madams... are you ready? Are you ready for the ride of your lives? You are looking at the fastest-rising tag-team in the WWF! And we're going full pedal to the medal, because we are gunning for the WWF Tag Team Championships! My name is Roderick Steele!"
    • Sexton Hardcastle quickly follows him up "...and I am Sexton Hardcastle! We had our shot at WrestleMania! But we knew that we weren't ready! Now, we ARE ready! We're ready to head straight to the top! And we want each and every one of you to be with us right there... because we're not only going 300 miles per hour... we're breaking the SOUND BARRIER, BABY! Because we're taking no pitstops, we're going balls to the wall... straight to the top!"
    • Steele follows. "...remember, 'SPEED KILLS' and when the Sonic Boom hits you... there's nothing left to be said... but one... two... three..."
    • Both men now on the mic. "...BOOM!"
    • Crowd cheers. Yay
  • Full Throttle def. D'Lo Brown & Kama Mustafa(M:77 C:61 O:69)
    • Nice tag match.
    • D'Lo and Kama take over the start of the match.
    • But Hardcastle and Steele come back.
    • D'Lo and Kama then double-team Hardcastle.
    • Sexton manages to get the hot tag to Steele.
    • Brawl, brawl, brawl!
    • Kama is tossed out, and Steele picks up D'Lo, while Hardcastle hits a diamond-cutter like move...(similar to the 3D), that's the Sonic Boom, people.
    • Steele covers, one two three and we have the winners... Full Throttle!

AUSTIN IN THE BOX? WWF TAG TALENT!

www.wrestlingscoops.com

Stone Cold Steve Austin is apparently in bad water with WWF management. Following an entertaining match with Vince McMahon at In Your House: Unforgiven, Austin was supposedly slated to feud with Savio Vega. Austin refused to have anything to do with Vega, after the latter was hotshotted into the match between himself and McMahon at In Your House. Austin is apparently furious that at his condition, he's supposed to put over another wrestler (who put him over the last time they were in a feud). Vince McMahon has suspended Austin indefinitely, and it looks like we won't be seeing much of Stone Cold anytime soon.

The WWF apparently are planning to debut Rocco Rock and Johnny Grunge sometime in the next week. The two are more known by thier tag-team "Public Enemy". Both were prominent wrestlers for ECW when they jumped ship to WCW, and then were promptly released by the Atlanta-based wrestling organization during the past couple of months, and were picked up by the WWF last week.

WWF HEAT! - May. 3, 1998

Show Rating: 81

TV Rating: 5.42

IPB Image
  • Ric Flair speaks! (Rating:95)
    • Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly welcome us all to Heat!
    • Cole shows us a replay of what happened on RAW, and how HHH smashed the guitar over Flair's exposed skull!
    • "Spach Zarathustra" starts playing, and the crowd GOES WILD.
    • Ric Flair walks out, wearing a nice suit.
    • His forehead is taped up, presumably after the wicked guitar shot from Hunter last Monday Night.
    • Amidst all the "Whooos" from the crowd, Flair takes a microphone.
    • He waits for everyone to settle down.
    • "When I came into the WWF last month, I never, NEVER dreamt my first match back would end with me getting smashed in the head with a guitar!"
    • Boos from the crowd, directed at DX.
    • "I believe that I've fought too many matches, I've headlined too many Pay Per Views, I've main evented too many wrestling spectaculars... to at least be given the amount of respect that I deserve! I'm fought them all, and I've beaten them all... and you know what? I think that there's a lot of gas left in my tank to actually make sure that I beat you, Hunter Hearst Helmsley! Don't think that I don't know the kind of game that you're playing, Hunter... because you're looking at the man who PERFECTED the numbers game! I led the most elite, the most prestigious group of wrestlers in the history of this business and I ran each and every single one of my opponents to the ground! And believe me, as bad you think you are, as bad as you think your DX is... your group can't even touch the soles of the Horsemen! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
    • The crowd cheers.
    • "Monday night, that was a one...time...thing. I won't happen again, because you know what, Hunter? You think what you did last Monday night was dirty? You ain't seen nothing yet! You are looking... at the DIRTIEST...PLAYER....INTHAGAME! I have tricks up my sleeves that you have NEVER seen before! Heck, I've got tricks up my sleeves, in places where you don't even have SLEEVES!"
    • Flair's eyes grow wide.
    • "Mark my words, Helsmey, you are going to have to face the Nature Boy soon enough, and when you do... WHOOOOOOOOOOO! You're going to REGRET ever crossing paths with Ric Flair!"
  • DX is here! (Rating:90)
    • "Are You Ready?" And here's DX! HHH, Crush, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn walk out and are received by a chorus of boos from the crowd!
    • Helmsley has a microphone.
    • "Regret? Regret what? Flair, you're a has-been. You jumped ship because you couldn't hack it anymore. You probably thought things would be easier here, well, guess what... they're not! See, around here, things are different... nobody cares about how many WCW Titles you've won... nobody cares about the list of has-beens, just like you, that you've beaten. Here in the WWF, we only care about one thing... the here, and the now. And you're looking at it... WE are D-Generation X, WE are here, and WE are NOW for the WWF! The Horsemen? Please... the Horsemen were a sad reminder of what used to make you great. But now? Now I see nothing more but a man obsessed with sticking his nose into other people's business. On RAW, that guitarshot was a reminder of what happens when you screw with DX!"
    • Flair's eyes grow wider.
    • "You think a guitarshot to the head is going to keep The Naitcha' Boy down!? You can hit me with as many guitars as you want, Hunter, but you'll never be rid of me! I'll just keep on coming atcha' and coming atcha' until I get even... until you're forced to step into the ring... with me!"
    • DX is ready to attack, but Helmsley calls off the dogs.
    • "Flair, you think I'm going to fight you? I don't step into the ring with old men. No, no, no... but if you want to fight, if you want a fight on your hands Flair, why don't you show me... show everyone how tough you are? Why don't you step into the ring with the big man of DX, Crush? Why don't you fight him... tonight!?"
    • Flair doesn't skip a beat. "You want me to take on Crush!? You want a match!? You've got it!! The Naitcha Boy doesn't back down from anyone! And if you, Crush, if you wanna'... WHOOO! Walk down that aisle, high-style and profile... you want fifteen minutes of greatness, you want to to step into the ring with Ric Flair!? WHOOO! You've got a match!"
    • Hunter can't believe how stupid Flair is, and he backtracks along with DX down the ramp. HHH smiles, while Flair just points at Crush "You and me! You and me!" mouths Flair.
  • Full Throttle def. The Can-Am Connection (M:90 C:54 O:70)
    • Can-Am Connection are introduced. Bah Humbug reaction from the crowd.
    • Here's Full Throttle, and they said they were on a path for the WWF Tag Titles. Yay.
    • Surprisingly good match, as both teams put in some speed into the entire thing.
    • Sexton Hardcastle and Roderick Steele prove to be too much for Furnas and LaPhon however.
    • Full Throttle hit the Sonic Boom on LaFon for the win.
    • They celebrate their victory by climbing the turnbuckles.
    • But wait! There are two fans who jumped the rail? What? They're wearing NY Rangers Jerseys... and they've attacked Throttle from behind!
    • They hit a spiked piledriver on Sexton Hardcastle!!! And a double-powerbomb on Roderick Steele! Full Throttle has been laid out!
    • One of the fans grabs a mic. "This is pathetic. No wonder you guys had to hire us... your tag-teams here are either too old, or too weak. We're here to change that... I'm Rocco Rock... and this here's Johnny Grunge... we're Public Enemy, and THIS... is our calling card!"
    • Public enemy walk out of the ring, leaving Full Throttle broken!
  • Jarrett walks up to Flair (Rating:90)
    • Flair is backstage, and... here's the WWF Champion, Jeff Jarrett, he's got the WWF Title with him.
    • Jarrett walks up to Flair. "Hey Ric, I just saw what happened... you need any back-up tonight?
    • Flair replies. "Look, Jarrett... I appreciate what you did last week, sticking up for me. But don't think, don't think for a second that I owe you anything. I'm not a charity case and I don't need your help. And from what I remember, it was your guitar that smashed through my head last Monday. I appreciate the offer, but I don't need help."
    • Jarrett answers. "Hold on Naitch, we both know that we've got our sights on the same thing... and that's kicking Hunter Hearst Helmsley's ass. I don't hold debts, and I sure as hell don't think you're a charity case... all I know is that one man going up against four men... I did it the past couple of months, and let me tell you, it ain't no piece of cake."
    • Flair answers back. "You know what, Jarrett, you're right. You're right... we do have our sights on the same thing. Because after I'm through with Helmsley, you can make sure that I'm going to be challenging you for the WWF Championship."
    • Jarrett pauses a bit and stares at Flair. "You do what you have to do, Ric. Don't you worry, this (taps WWF title), isn't going anywhere any time soon. You want a shot? all you've got to do is ask."
    • A mini-staredown... before both men go their separate ways.
  • Brian Christopher & Mr. Aguila def. Scott Taylor & Taka Michinoku (M:79 C:72 O:75)
    • Crowd was hot for Taka's entrance.
    • Nicely fought tag-match
    • Exchange of high-flying moves between Aguila and Taylor.
    • Taka CLEANS HOUSE!
    • But here's Brian Christopher... who hits a wicked DDT on Taka!!!
    • More running.
    • Taka goes for a Michinoku drive on BC, but he reverses it! Cradle roll-up! BC is holding Taka's tights! One! Two! Three!
    • Christopher and Aguila win!? Wow. Taka looks pissed.
  • HoS Savio talks about Shamrock(Rating:64)
    • "YOU WILL OBEY!" And music. And here's Head of Security, Savio!
    • He's got the Associates, Barry, Robert and Bartholomew all behind him.
    • Savio paces around the ring.
    • "Last Monday, on RAW, you saw that I mean business. I beat Rocky Maivia in the ring, one, two, three. And tonight, tonight I'm going to be moving on... with my very first... "suspect"." Crowd boos.
    • Savio talks. "I have a bone to pick with one man. One man who has been terrorizing the WWF for quite some time. He's been beating up referees, refusing to break illegal holds well after matches are over, and is generally, a menace in the backstage area. So, I would like to call out... the man that I'm talking about is none-other than the self-proclaimed "World's Most Dangerous Man", Ken Shamrock! That's why, that's why I have specifically requested a match from Mr. McMahon, a match between myself and Ken Shamrock right here, right now! It's time to teach you a lesson, Ken! Now get out here and take the punishment that you deserve!"
  • HoS Savio def. Ken Shamrock (M:80 C:71 O:75)
    • Ken Shamrock is out and he gets a sizeable pop from the crowd.
    • The Associates clear the ring, Savio remains and he is not fazed by Shamrock.
    • Savio starts jawing at Shamrock. A ref is out. Cheapshot by Savio!
    • Shamrock goes nuts and starts pummeling on Savio!
    • Nice wrestling from both men.
    • Savio takes control via a well-timed kick to Shamrock's shin.
    • Armdrags by Savio, and he works on the arm.
    • Shamrock comes back, though and looks like he's going to win this one easily.
    • But Associate Barry hops on the apron! He gets smashed by Shamrock!
    • Bartholomew now... and Shamrock decks him as well!
    • Robert gets on the apron, and Shamrock nails him too!
    • Shamrock turns around, and Savio surprises him with an inside cradle!
    • One...two...three! Savio wins! Shamrock is surprised! Savio rolls out of the ring!
    • Shamrock goes berzerk... and he unfortunately finds the referee first!
    • Shamrock hits a belly-to-belly on the poor ref!
    • Savio has a mic! "Whoa... whoa... that move right there... that just cost you another punishment, Shamrock! Tomorrow night, you're going to have to face Associates Bartholomew and Robert in a handicap match! You keep this up, and I just might get you fired... straight back to that poor excuse for a sport, the UFC!" Savio and the Associates head back.
    • Big boos from the crowd as Shamrock just screams at Savio in a fit on uncontrolled rage.
  • Farooq faces Scaggs backstage (Rating:80)
    • Backstage, and we see Farooq... and he runs across Charlie Scaggs.
    • Farooq tries to intimidate Scaggs. "Hold up there Scaggs."
    • Scaggs stands his ground, as Farooq talks him down.
    • "I heard that you took on any challenger, anytime, anywhere for that WWF Prime Time Championship. And we all know that there's noone else in the WWF who's as tough, who's as bad, who's as willing to defend that Title, other than me. In fact, I have a proposition for you. If you 'defend' the WWF PrimeTime Championship against me tonight, and I win... you just might have a place in The Nation..."
    • Scaggs stops him there. He gets up to Farooq's face.
    • "I hear all this yappin', and you know what? I ain't afraid of you, or your crew. You want a piece of this? You want a piece of me? You've got it. You just got yourself a title shot, Farooq... and you know what? Why don't we head out there and settle this..."
    • Farooq chuckles. "Whatever you say... 'tough guy'! Ha ha ha!" Farooq turns around as Scaggs just glares at him.
  • WWF PrimeTime Championship: Farooq def. Charlie Scaggs © (M:84 C:75 O:79)
    • "We Are The Nation" and here's Farooq. Boos from the crowd.
    • And Scaggs is out, with the Prime Time Championship. Yay. Pop.
    • Farooq belittles Scaggs from the get-go, and tosses him around.
    • But Scaggs comes back with a surprise flying forearm shot that sends Farooq clear through the ropes and outside.
    • Farooq recuperates, but now he's MAD.
    • Farooq corners Scaggs and hits vicious body shots... and then delivers a nice powerlam for a 2-count.
    • Farooq hits an assortment of power moves, and get a couple of two-counts as well.
    • Scaggs rallies behind a nice punch to Farooq's jaw. He hits a flying plancha, but is caught by Farooq!
    • Farooq hits a fall-away slam! Cover, gets two.
    • Scaggs won't give up, despite the fact that he's overmatched right now.
    • Farooq grabs Scaggs... but Scaggs counters with a small package! One two...no! Farooq kicks out!
    • Scaggs goes on the offensive... hitting all sorts of running moves, taking Farooq down.
    • Scaggs hits a perfect neckbreak... and heads up top... going for the 450 splash?
    • Farooq is up, howver! Was he playing possum?
    • Scaggs sees it, and decides to go for a double-axehandle!
    • Farooq counters with a fist to the gut! Scaggs crashes down! Farooq sets him up... DOMINATOR!
    • Farooq covers... one... two... three! And Farooq has just won the Prime Time championship!
    • Farooq leaves with the title, as Scaggs is slow to get up inside the ring. The fans boo Farooq, as he lifts the title up.
  • Rocky Maivia faces Vince! (Rating:98)
    • We're inside Vince McMahon's office. Vince is busy talking to someone on the phone.
    • The door bursts open, and it's Rocky Maivia! The fans go wild!
    • Rocky walks over to Vince's desk. Vince is still on the phone but he acknowledges Rocky with a nod.
    • Rocky glances over at his watch. Vince puts the phone down. "What can I do for you, Rocky?"
    • "The Rock says this... he wants a title shot against Marc Mero for The Rock's Intercontinental Championship! The Rock has patiently waited, The Rock has patiently played all of his games, but The Rock thinks that it's about time that he got what he deserved, and that he took back what was rightfully his... that title belt wrapped around Marc Mero's waist!"
    • Vince smiles. "Well, Rocky... Rock... you had your shot at a rematch last Monday Night on RAW, and you lost to Savio remember?"
    • "Yes, The Rock remembers it really well. The Rock remembers Marc Mero sticking his nose into The Rock's business just like the little roody-poo that he is! And you can bet your bottom dollar that there ain't no way that's gonna happen to The Rock again! Now, I could ask you nicely... or I could lay the smack down on your 2-dollar-suit-wearing corporate monkey ass! Are you going to give The Rock what he deserves?"
    • Vince's smile disappears. "You sniveling little... you don't talk to me..."
    • "SHUT YOUR MOUTH! The Rock is tired of all this political pandering, ass-kissing, beurocratic bullshit! (bleeped) The Rock is asking you one question, Vince McMahon... ar you going to give the Rock what he so rightfully deserves? Or do I have to slap you like a 2-cent whore(bleeped) named Shirley?"
    • Vince glowers. "You want a match!? You've got it! You want a title shot at Mero? Fine. Because tomorrow night on RAW, you're going to have to face KURRGAN... in a NO-HOLDS BARRED MATCH! Oh... oh... and if you lose, Rocky Maivia... if you lose... you can kiss your hopes of becoming Intercontinental Champion again, goodbye! NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY OFFICE!
    • "Listen to The Rock, Vince. You don't threaten the Rock in any way, shape or form. And tomorrow night... I guarandamtee a win against that giant piece of Monkey dung! And The Rock is going to go on ahead and face Marc Mero... and then he's going to BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF HIS CANDY ASS, and TAKE the WWF Intercontinental Title! And after the Rock does that, The Rock is going to go on straight to the TOP OF THE LADDER... and take what's rightfully his... the WWF Championship! Oh you know it's going to happen! IF YOU SMELALALALALALOW.... WHAT THE ROCK... IS... COOKIN'!"
    • Rock feints a slap at Vince, which causes him to flinch away. Rock sneers and leaves while the fans cheer.
    • Vince mutters beneath his breath. "You snot-nosed son-of-a-bitch! (bleeped)"
  • Ric Flair def. Crush (M:78 C:84 O:82)
    • "Are You Ready?" Here's Crush! And he's flanked by The New Age Outlaws... and Hunter Hearst Helmsley! Seems like the entire gang is here. Big boos from the crowd.
    • DX enters the ring, and Helmsley has a mic.
    • "I want everyone to watch... watch how DX deals with people like Ric Flair. You don't mess with DX! Tell these people, Crush..."
    • Crush takes the mic. "Ric Flair... it's time to face the facts! I'm going to BREAK YOU tonight! I'm going to TEAR YOU IN HALF! And you won't be able to do anything about it!"
    • He hands the mic back to HHH. "Get your ass out here, Flair... time for your ass whooping to commence!"
    • "Sprach Zarathustra" starts playing, and the crowd goes wild! Ric Flair walks out with nice bright green robe with gold trim. The words "Nature Boy" emblazoned on the back.
    • He takes his time heading to the ring, soaking up the fans as they cheer.
    • The ref tells DX to get the hell out of the ring, except for Crush. And they roll out to ringside. HHH whispers some words of encouragement to Crush before jumping out.
    • Flair enters the ring, and takes off his robe. Big cheer from the fans.
    • Staredown to start. And the ref has the bell rung.
    • Collar and elbow sees Crush take over. He takes Flair and tosses him around as a show of power.
    • Crush takes over and pounds on Flair. He also hits several moves targetting Flair's back.
    • Flair comes back with a poke to the eye! Yay.
    • Flair starts working on Crush's leg, hitting a vicious shoulder-tackle on it to take the big man down.
    • He stretches Crush's leg with several holds.
    • Flair pulls Crush up... and attempts to throw him to the turnbucle... no, it's reversed!
    • Crush goes for a clothesline, but Flair moves out of the way and Crush eats turnbuckle padding!
    • CHOPS CHOPS AND MORE CHOPS FROM FLAIR!
    • Crush staggers out. Flair hits a chop block! Crush goes down! Flair starts calling for the Figure Four! WHOOO!
    • But HHH is up on the apron! Flair walks over... and the ref stops him... both men are now nearing a fistfight but the ref is there to stop things!
    • Crush is up! He spins Flair around... he kicks Flair, POWERBOMB!?!?
    • Waitaminute... here's Jeff Jarrett, running down the ramp!!! He attacks HHH!!! BRAWL! The ref is distracted! he jumps otu to attempt to throw out Jarrett and HHH from ringside.
    • Flair goes down on one knee... LOW BLOW ON CRUSH!!! The ref didn't see THAT!
    • Dogg runs over to help HHH, while Billy Gunn is getting something from under the mat!
    • IT'S A GUITAR! Gunn gets into the ring, waiting for an exhausted Flair to get up... but wait... from the crowd... DUSTIN RHODES!!!
    • Rhodes jumps in and spins Gunn around... Gunn releases the guitar! RHODES THROWS GUNN OVER THE TOP ROPE!
    • Crush gets up... AND RHODES SMASHES THE GUITAR ON CRUSH!!! He throws away the evidence and jumps out.
    • Flair crawls over to Crush. Jarrett is being double-teamed by HHH and Road Dogg... but here's Rhodes to help him!!! 2 on 2 now!
    • The ref can't control this... and he turns around, to see Flair covering Crush!
    • The ref runs back into the ring... ONE... TWO... THREE!!! Flair wins!
    • But there is no time to celebrate! Gunn jumps back into the ring, and he mauls Flair!
    • The 2 on 2 at ringside has also gone into the ring!
    • Flair, Jarrett and Rhodes soon overcome the 3 DX members and throw them out, while Crush rolls out of the ring in pain!
    • DX recuperates as they backtrack down the ramp!
    • Vince McMahon's face appears on the TitanTron.
    • "What is this!? You all want to kill yourselves so bad!? Good! Because tomorrow night on RAW... it's going to be Ric Flair, Dustin Rhodes and the WWF Champion Jeff Jarrett... taking on any three members of DX in a SIX MAN TAG MATCH!"
    • Michael Cole goes nuts, as the faces are in the ring and the heels outside... Flair and Jarrett eye each other wearily as they face Helmsley, while Helmsley has a look of hate on his face for both men. Crush is holding his head, while Rhodes just points at him, payback from RAW, maybe?
    • Cole reminds us to watch RAW tomorrow night! SIX MAN TAG TEAM ACTION!

WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW PREVIEW

From www.wwf.com

As intense as things were on HEAT!, RAW looks like things are only going to get hotter. In the main event, Ric Flair, Dustin Rhodes and WWF Champion Jeff Jarrett will have their work cut out for them as they take on any three members of Degeneration-X in a six-man tag-team match. Will Hunter Hearst Helmsley allow himself to be part of the match? Or will he let his DX soldiers do his dirty work for him?

Rocky Maivia has drawn the ire of Mr. McMahon, and he will have to overcome a mountain of a challenge to get his rematch with Marc Mero for the Intercontinental Championship! Rocky Maivia has been booked by the WWF Owner to face Kurrgan on RAW, with his IC Title-shot hanging in the balance! Can Rocky overcome Kurrgan, and get his title shot? Will Kane make an appearance, much like he made his presence felt last week on RAW!?

The WWF Tag-Team Titles will also be on the line, as the Legion of Doom try to recapture the gold against the "brave and strong" Quebecers. The Quebecers have had a winning streak on their side, and if they defeat LoD for the 2nd time in this year, they just might solidify their claim to being the best tag-team in the WWF right now.

Savio defeated Ken Shamrock on HEAT!, but apparently wants more punishment for the uncontrollable shoot-fighter. Shamrock will have to face Associated Bartholomew and Robert in a handicap match tonight, as a "punishment" from Savio by attacking a referee following his loss to the Head of Security of the WWF.

Public Enemy will be making their in-ring debut tonight, against the tag-team of Bradshaw and Phinneas I. Godwinn. The two fans-turned-wrestlers assaulted Full Throttle on HEAT!, leaving their "calling card" as they said. Full Throttle will be in the arena at RAW, and it is suffice to say that they are looking for some payback!

Don't forget to tune in on this Monday Night's edition of RAW!

Sunday Night Heat

-Nice Flair promo, mentioning the past like he often does. Him comparing DX with The Horsemen is something he would have done, but when you think about it, they're quite a bit different and could have thrived as two seperate entities. Your little twist of the old cliche didn't really work in this case cause there really is only one place someone can have sleeves....

-Of course DX isn't going to let that go without having something to say. Typical heel stable with the leader ducking out and handing off the match. Soften Flair up with Crush, but then again, there is no way Crush is winning this one.

-Can Am Connection? Meh. Actually I'm kind of meh on both these teams. They lack personality which is a shame since Copeland and Steele both are very good talents, as are The Can-Am actually. I think they just need a charisma boost. Adding Public Enemy is good for ratings, but can anyone smell the workrate in this one?

-Tension. I love tension. These two men are so much alike that it's scary. Two very sound technical wrestlers, and would have been great to see a match between them when they were both in their prime. Flair makes his intentions clear, but he may want to watch it cause JJ is a candidate in the running for "Dirtiest Player In The Game" when he wants to be.

-Ewwwww. Savio talking, and then Savio wrestling. Two big evils right there. Actually Savio was quite talented but I'm not buying him in this type of environment. In the words of Mr. Ryland himself, can I get some Bland with a side of Bland?

-Farooq against Mr. Personality himself. Since dropping the Scorpio name, Scaggs has been nothing more then cannon fodder, and Faarooq shows him why in this match. Not too sure about the title change as I figured Faarooq would continue his hunt for the Intercontinental Title.

-Rocky/Kurggan doesn't excite me, but the possibility of a McMahon/Rock fued does.

-See, told ya. Rhodes is still getting some main event time, but poor Scaggs gets nothing. Ah well, I like Dustin. Should be a good six man match on Raw.

Sunday Night Heat

-Nice Flair promo, mentioning the past like he often does. Him comparing DX with The Horsemen is something he would have done, but when you think about it, they're quite a bit different and could have thrived as two seperate entities. Your little twist of the old cliche didn't really work in this case cause there really is only one place someone can have sleeves....

DEVELOPMENTAL TALENT CALLED UP. MCMAHON, A DRUGGIE?

From www.wrestlingscoops.com

Several WWF Developmental Talent were called up from MCW during the weekend. Michael Manna and Matt Hardy were in attendance during the live broadcast of HEAT! It is unknown if the two will be placed in a tag-team together or are going to be given separate programs to work in. Both men, however, will be expected to show up on RAW.

In a sick twist, a Mcmahon has been found with drugs! Well, it wasn't Vince. Stephanie McMahon, daughter of WWF Owner Vince McMahon, was recently arrested for a drug related incident. Stephanie was arrested during a routine traffic stop, Saturday, and was out on bail the same night. Vince is apparently fuming. Way to go, Steph!

Shawn Michaels is apparently doing well in rehab, although there is no timetable for his return to a WWF ring.

Good Heat. I'm glad Dustin is getting added into the main event scene. I don't really care for Scaggs, So I didn't mind him dropping the title to Faarooq. All though, I think Faarooq could be fighting for something bigger than the PT championship. Rocky/Kurrgan on Raw scares me, But Rocky will win thanks to Kane. The six men match seems good, And I liked PE debuting. I wish they had put someone through a table though. As much as I dislike the guy, Vega is actually pretty neat in your game world. Looking forward to Monday Night Raw (Y)

Great Heat. Loved the build-up for Raw. I like how you have not tried to turnm Heat into another RAw, but have created some special elements for it. Like Farooq getting the belt. It keeps him in a prominant position, whioch he needs to be in, but gets him out of the IC scene, which looks to be a Mero-Rocky feud for a bit longer. PLus, the Nation should provide some assistance in the Weekly defenses. Farooq could hold the title for a while.

I liked the debut of Pubilc Enemy. I agree with Baby Hewey that tables could have been used, but their arrival was surprising, and their attack on both teams shows them to be a rogue duo.

I tto like Savio in this role. You needed to make new stars with the loss of so much upper talent. Savio was a person who had proven himself at Mid-Card level in the past, and so has credibility. I especially liked the way he flaunted his power against Shamrock. I would like to see more of this (perhaps he can use it against his previous enemies like DOA and Nation as well).

I also found it fun that Stephanie got caught with Drugs. Would love to see the crowd give a hard time to Vince during an interview, and have Vince give some response. MAybe even having someone debut with a character that challenges the way Vince has brought up his family could be a unique thing to do.

Looking forward to Raw.

Good Heat. I'm glad Dustin is getting added into the main event scene. I don't really care for Scaggs, So I didn't mind him dropping the title to Faarooq. All though, I think Faarooq could be fighting for something bigger than the PT championship. Rocky/Kurrgan on Raw scares me, But Rocky will win thanks to Kane. The six men match seems good, And I liked PE debuting. I wish they had put someone through a table though. As much as I dislike the guy, Vega is actually pretty neat in your game world. Looking forward to Monday Night Raw (Y)

WWF Monday Night RAW - May 4, 1998

Show Rating: 76

RAW TV Rating: 5.06

Nitro TV Rating: 5.42

IPB Image

It was an off night for the show.

• Taka Michinoku def. Matt Hardy (M:90 C:58 O:66)
    • JR and King welcome us all to RAW!
    • They run down the matches for tonight, and say that we have an opening match.
    • There's already a wrestler inside the ring, he's introduced as Matt Hardy.
    • And Taka's music starts playing... it's Taka vs. the new guy tonight to open things up!
    • This was your basic opening match.
    • The crowd was pretty dead, though... and it set a theme for the entire night during matches, something was off.
    • Hardy gives Taka a nice workout, but is basically unable to defeat the LHW champ.
    • Taka hits the Michinoku Driver for the win.
    • As Taka celebrates... someone jumps over the rail!
    • Who is that? It's Jay Reso! The Suicidal Kidd is back!?
    • Reso attacks Taka from behind! Taka didn't see it coming!
    • Reso takes Taka and hits a pulled piledriver! OUCH!
    • The fans start booing as Reso smiles for the cameras. He takes the LHW Title, looks at it, and then throws it at Taka's fallen body!
    • Reso walks out of the ring, with that cocky smile on his face.
    • JR says that Reso's "quitting" last week was nothing more but a ruse! Doh.
  • Public Enemy promo (Rating:63)
    • We get ready for our next match tonight.
    • Here's Public Enemy making their way into the ring, the fans don't appreciate them much.
    • Johnny Grunge takes the mic. "Ey, Rocco... where the hell are we again?"
    • Rocco Rock replies. "The WWF, man."
    • "The WWF? What does that stand for? The Women's Wrestling Federation?"
    • "From what we've seen here? I'd say it is."
    • "I mean, come on. Who do they have here? The Headbangers? The Quebecers? The Bushwackers?"
    • "Yeh. Oh, and don't forget them two losers, Full Throtle."
    • "What the hell kind of name is that anyway? 'Full Throttle'? What're they, rejects from a biker movie?"
    • "Yo Johnny, you better tell these people why we're here.
    • "Alright, alright. We're here, because your tag-teams ain't worth shit!(bleeped)" This gets some heat from the otherwise silent crowd.
    • "Why don't you roll our opponents out here, because it's about time that we kicked some ass tonight."
  • Public Enemy def. Bradshaw & Phinneas I. Godwinn (M:58 C:56 O:51)
    • It was no wrestling match.
    • But thank God they kept it short and sweet.
    • Public Enemy did a couple of spots where either Bradshaw or Godwinn were outside, and they dove on them.
    • Match finishes with Rocco Rock hitting a modified neckbreaker on P.I.G.
    • Public enemy win in their debut, but the fans were sitting on their hands during the match.
  • The Genius Joint w/ Alexander Graham: Marc Mero as guest (Rating:84)
    • Back from commercial break. The ring has been turned into an interview set. A couple of bookcases are towards the turnbuckle, with a pair of leather chairs in the middle of the ring. A purple carpet covers the entire canvas.
    • A guy wearing a pressed white suit is standing in the middle of the ring. He has his hair in a ponytail, and is wearing a pair of nifty reading glasses. He is given a microphone.
    • "Ladies and gentlemen, plebians all... welcome to the very first installment of... the Genius Joint! I am your host for this evening, "Mr. IQ" himself, Alexander Graham! Now, I see that we've got a lot of people out here tonight... and you know what? Just by looking at you people, I can figure out that my own IQ is higher than all of yours put together" Crowd boos
    • "Hold on, just because you're all idiots and I'm just a couple of notches above you on the intellectual scale, it doesn't mean you have to hate me. I am here to educate you people, I am here to provide the WWF with some much needed brain power." More boos.
    • "That being said... I would like to introduce the very first guest of the very first Genuis Joint... I want everyone to put their hands together and get on your feet for a man, not unlike myself, a man who, through guile and wit, retained the WWF Intercontinental Title last week from three different contenders... please welcome...the WWF Intercontinental Champion..."MAGNIFICENT" MARC MERO!"
    • Mr. Perfect's (well, now it's Mero's) theme plays. And out walks Marc Mero with the IC Title wrapped around his waist. Mero is given a healthy chorus of boos.
    • Mero steps into the ring, and shakes hands with Graham.
    • Graham speaks. "Well, thanks for coming here, Marc. I am a big fan of your work, and the way you just ran circles around your opposition, it was pure genius!"
    • Mero is handed the mic. "Thank, Alex... you don't mind if I call you Alex, do you?"
    • Graham smiles. "Oh of course not. Go ahead."
    • Mero has a cocky tone in his voice now. "In case you people can't get it through your head... I AM the WWF Intercontinental Champion, and I AM not a fluke. I beat three men at Unforgiven to RETAIN the title, and it ws a feat that was... simply MAGNIFICENT!" More boos.
    • Graham asks another question. "Now, there's someone in the back... naemly, Rocky Maivia, who's apparently getting another, albeit undeserved, opportunity to face you for the Intercontinental Championship!"
    • Mero is condescending in his tone. "Rocky Maivia? Rocky Maivia? Let me tell you something about Rocky Maivia. He's nothing but a sore loser, a crybaby and a spoiled prima donna. He's been given numerous opportunities to take this strap from my waist, but time and time again, he has failed! If THAT doesn't say anything about the magnitude of my own MAGNIFICENCE, I don't know what will! Rocky Maivia, tonight, when Kurrgan tears you apart limb from limb... oh man, I'm going to be there... I'm going to watch you getting beat, and maybe then, maybe then you'll quit in your obsessive quest to beat me..."
    • "THE ROCK SAYS!" And here's Rocky Maivia! The fans go wild! Graham and Mero are surprised as Rocky makes his way down the ramp, making a beeline straight into the ring.
    • Graham stops Rocky. "Now, hold on there... this intrustion is unwelcome, and you are not a part of the guest-"
    • Rocky holds up his hand to Graham's face. He whips out a mic of his own. "Who... the hell... are you?"
    • "My name is Alex-"
    • "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!" And this pisses Alexander Graham off! The fans are loving it!
    • "The Rock says this... shut your piehole, jabronie. The Rock didn't come down to this ring, straight into the middle of this cheesy set, to talk with an obnoxious, self-centered jabronie like you!" Rocky turns to Mero. "Marc Mero, you've been dodging out of The Rock's way for quite a while now. The Rock understands that you're afraid of The Rock. Heck, The Rock would be afraid of The Rock too, if he knew that The Rock was going to come walk down that aisle and kick his candy ass all over this ring. But Mero, you've got to realize that The Rock IS going to get what's rightfully his... an Intercontinental Title shot, TONIGHT, by beating that giant piece of monkey crap they call Kurrgan! And when the Rock gets his shot, The Rock is going to take YOUR roody-poo candy ass, Marc Mero, straight into the Smackdown Hotel!"
    • Mero grins. "Well Rocky, I have one thing to say to you..."
    • And Mero lets out a fist! Mero and Rocky are now exchanging blows! Security runs down the ramp, seperating the two! Savio is instructing the security personell to escort both men backstage!
    • Alexander Graham speaks on his mic. "Smashing! A fistfight, in my very first show! Why don't you all tune in next week, for another episode of The Genius Joint! Hey! Don't touch that! What? This mic is mine!" Graham is upset when security start clearing the ring, and one even tries to pry the mic from his hand.
  • Ken Shamrock def. Associate Bartholomew & Associate Robert (M:81 C:62 O:63)
    • And back from commercial break.
    • Ken Shamrock's music starts playing. And out he walks. The fans cheer. Yay.
    • "You Will Obey!" HoS Savio walks out with Associates Bartholomew and Robert. He's got mic.
    • "Ken Shamrock, tonight, you're going to learn the meaning of obedience. Your days of being the "world's most dangerous man" are over! It's about time you learned how to follow orders, how to treat people with respect, how to look both ways before crossing a street! Go get him, boys!"
    • Savio sits down on the announcer's table with JR and King. The Associates jump into the ring... and here we go!
    • Shamrock takes over early, preventing the Associates from double-teaming him.
    • But the numbers game soon gives the advantage to the Associates.
    • Double-team tactics by Robert and Bartholomew have Shamrock reeling.
    • Shamrock comes back, however, and soon clears house!
    • Shamrock throws Robert outside, and he gets Bartholomew in the ankle lock!!!
    • Bartholomew quits! Shamrock has won! But he won't let go of the hold! Shamrock just screams at Savio... daring him to try and stop him.
    • Savio gets on his mic again. "You let him go! You let him go this instant! No? Fine! Next week... on RAW! You go one-one-one... with... with...a wrestler of my choosing! IN A STEEL CAGE!"
    • Shamrock lets go of the lock, and goes nuts inside the ring. He grabs a mic. "ANYONE! ANYTIME!"
    • Savio is rattled by Shamrock's apparent craziness, and heads back, while Bartholomew is assisted by Robert.
  • DX Interview! (Rating:91)
    • Backstage, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Crush and Hunter... D-Generation X... cut a promo.
    • Road Dogg: "Ladies and gentlemen... boys and girls... children of all ages... the WWF proudly brings to you... the GREATEST STABLE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD! THE ROAD DOGG, JESSE JAMES! THE BAD ASS, BILLY GUNN! THE MOSTER THEY CALL CRUSH! AND THE MAN WITH THE MASTER PLAN, TRIPLE H! D-GENERATION X!"
    • Helmsley then speaks. "Tonight, it's three on three... any three members of DX versus Jarrett, Flair and Rhodes. It doesn't get any better than this. Flair, you know this better than your teammates tonight... the leader always leads his soldiers into battle. The leader takes control of a situation and uses it to his army's advantage. You know, more than anyone else, that the leader does what's best for his troops..."
    • Road Dogg, Billy Gunn and Crush look pretty strong behind HHH.
    • "...and that's why... tonight, it's going to be Dustin Rhodes... Ric Flair and the WWF Champ, Jeff Jarrett... taking on Road Dogg... Billy Gunn... and Crush!"
    • And this sends Gunn and Dogg into a panic. Crush is indifferent.
    • Gunn is first to speak. "Wait, wait, wait... what?"
    • Helmsley calms the Outlaws down. "Relax, relax, I have a plan... this is what we do..."
    • DX walks off the interview set.
  • WWF Tag Team Championship: Legion of Doom def. The Quebecers © (M:73 C:78 O:68)
    • "WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT A RUUUUUUSHHHHHHHHHHH!" Legion of Doom walks out and the fans cheer! They make their way to the ring.
    • And here are the WWF Tag Champs, accompanied by their manager, Ray Rougeau. The Quebecers taunt LOD a bit before jumping into the ring.
    • Match starts with Hawk and Carl Oulette.
    • Hawk is on top to start, and takes advantage with power moves.
    • Jacques and Carl isolate Hawk, however and soon work their tag-team magic on him.
    • Hawk manages to clothesline both Quebecers... and goes for the tag.
    • Hawk tags Animal in! BUT WAIT! THE REF DIDN'T SEE IT! He was distracted by Ray, who jumped on the apron!
    • Jacques and Carl continue to double-team Hawk.
    • Hawk explodes for a second time and lays out both Quebecers!
    • Ray tries to interfere again, but gets knocked off the apron by Hawk!
    • Hawk tags Animal in! HE CLEANS HOUSE!
    • Clothesline! Clothesline! Bodyslam! Powerslam!
    • Animal tosses Jacques out of the ring!
    • He grabs Carl and tags Hawk back in!
    • DOOMSDAY DEVICE!
    • HAWK COVERS CARL OULETTE! ONE! TWO! THREE! NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!
    • The Legion of Doom celebrate! Wait... Ray Rougeau jumps in... he tries to attack with the Mountie's baton... but LOD sees him!
    • They grab Ray... and set him up... DOOMSDAY DEVICE ON RAY ROUGEAU! THE FANS CHEER!
    • Legion of Doom pose with the Tag Team Titles! New Tag Champions here tonight!
  • Rocky Maivia def. Kurrgan (M:80 C:78 O:71)
    • Marc Mero's theme starts playing, and the IC Champ is out. The fans boo. Mero walks over to the commentary booth, and sits down with King and JR.
    • "The Rock Says..." Here's Rocky Maivia and the fans GO WILD! Yay! Rocky steps into the ring and warily eyes Mero.
    • Kurrgan walks out next, being accompanied by The Jackyl. Rocky just looks at Kurrgan, sizing up his challenge tonight.
    • Mero says on commentary that he's going to love watching Rocky get what he REALLY deserves.
    • Kurrgan steps into the ring, and Rocky bravely goes face to face with him.
    • Rocky doesn't wait for the bell to ring, he lets out a vicious right hand!
    • IT DOES NOT FAZE KURRGAN!
    • Rocky goes for another one! Nothing!
    • Kurrgan grabs Rocky by the throat... and he tosses him towards the turnbuckle! Rocky looks like a child compared to Kurrgan!
    • Rocky tries to counter with a clothesline, but is instead clotheslined by Kurrgan!
    • Rocky's head bounces on the mat.
    • Kurrgan dominates for the next three minutes. Tossing Rocky around like a rag doll, executing slams and delivering stone-like blows.
    • Kurrgan pins Rocky numerous times, but he WILL NOT DIE!
    • Mero says that the ref is sympathetic to Rocky's cause, he should count the three already.
    • Rocky looks completely destroyed... Kurrgan applies a torture rack!!! Rocky is grimacing in pain!
    • But wait! What? Are those? Druids? Druids are walking down the ramp... with an ENORMOUS CASKET!
    • Kurrgan sees the casket and lets Rocky go! The ref doesn't know what to make of this!
    • The Druids place the casket beside the ring. Kurrgan is screaming the ref to do something! The ref jumps out... Jackyl is also concerned about the casket.
    • ROCKY MAIVIA HITS KURRGAN WITH A LOW BLOW!!! THE REF DIDN'T SEE THAT! Mero is up in arms over by the announcer's table!
    • Kurrgan falls down! Maivia hits a wicked tornado DDT! The ref jumps back in to see Rocky cover Kurrgan!
    • ONE...TWO...THRE-NO! Kurrgan kicks out! Rocky is desperate... he NEEDS this win!
    • Maivia stands up, Mero jumps on the apron! Rock turns around... he doesn't see Kurrgan getting up!
    • KURRGAN RUNS AT ROCKY, LOOKING TO HIT A BIG BOOT! Rocky steps out of the way! KURRGAN BOOTS MERO TO THE FACE!
    • Rocky turns Kurrgan around! ROCK BOTTOM! Rocky covers! ONE... TWO... THR- NO!!! KURRGAN KICKS OUT!
    • What's Rocky gotta' do to defeat this beast!? Rocky pulls Kurrgan up! Kurrgan grabs Rocky by the throat! Kurrgan CHOKESLAMS ROCKY DOWN TO THE MAT!
    • KANE'S MUSIC STARTS PLAYING!!! KURRGAN TURNS HIS HEAD TOWARDS THE RAMP!
    • PYRO! THROUGH HELL FIRE AND BRIMSTONE! IT'S KAAAAAAAAANE!
    • Jackyl jumps into the ring and PULLS his client out! Kurrgan and Jackyl run away through the crowd!
    • Kane runs after them! The referee is counting Kurrgan out!
    • The ref counts Kurrgan out!!! Rocky Maivia wins, BARELY! Rocky is slow to get up... he's been seriously beaten-up tonight. BUT HE GETS A SHOT AT MERO'S INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE!
    • The fans applaud Rocky's effort as he clutches his ribs in pain. Mero is still out at ringside after the vicious boot from Kurrgan. Rocky raises his hand to acknowledge the crowd!
  • Flair, Jarrett and Rhodes get ready (Rating: 92)
    • Backstage, Jarrett, Rhodes and Flair are all getting ready for their match.
    • Rhodes walks over to Flair and Jarrett. "You guys ready?"
    • Jarrett just shrugs. "Oh yeah. It's time to rock and roll."
    • Flair stretches a bit, and loosens up. "Whooo! Three of the best in this business... taking on the most hated stable in all of wrestling today! It doesn't get any better than this! We're going to walk that aisle... high-style and profile... two second generation WWF superstars... Dustin Rhodes and the WWF Champ, Jeff Jarrett... teaming up with Tha' Naitcha' Boy! I think it's about time that we give back to DX what they've been dishing out the past couple of months! WHOOOO!"
    • All three men start walking, headed for the ring.
  • Dustin Rhodes, Ric Flair & Jeff Jarrett def. Crush, Road Dogg & Billy Gunn (M:79 C:82 O:72)
    • "Are You Ready?" DX is out! Crush, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn. HHH leads them to the ring, but Helmsley positions himself in the anouncer's table and joins JR and King.
    • "Highway to Hell" starts playing... and out walks Dustin Rhodes! He walks down the aisle and is cheered by the fans. Rhodes waits for his team-mates.
    • "Sprach Zarathustra" hits, and here's THE NATURE BOY, RIC FLAIR! He gets a chorus of WHOOOOOs from the crowd.
    • "Cowboy... Cowboy..." It's Jeff Jarrett! The WWF Champ walks out with the Title around his waist. The fans cheer even louder, they love him.
    • All three men climb into the ring, while their opponents wait on one side.
    • Jarrett and Road Dogg start the match. Basic wrestling maneuvers start this one.
    • Dogg and Jarrett work each other with a series of armbars, locks and holds.
    • Dogg tags in Billy Gunn. Jarrett tags in Flair. Flair walks over to the part of the ring facing the announcing table, giving a "WHOO!" to HHH.
    • Flair and Gunn lock up. Flair goes for Gunn's leg almost immediately.
    • Flair starts working on Gunn's leg.
    • After a couple of leg locks and holds, Flair pulls Gunn up, and throws him across the ropes. He runs the opposite direction, but is stopped by an elbow from Crush that the ref didn't see.
    • Gunn tags in Crush. Crush takes Flair to pain city, slamming him all over the place. Crush taunts Rhodes and Jarrett.
    • Rhodes and Jarrett try to get in the ring, but are constantly stopped by the ref.
    • Flair is in bad shape, being double/triple-teamed by his opponents.
    • Flair gets out of a sticky situation with a poke to Crush's eyes! Flair makes the hot tag to Rhodes!
    • Rhodes goes for Crush! THE TWO ARE BRAWLING!
    • And here's Gunn and Road Dogg! Flair and Jarrett! It's a SIX MAN MELEE!!!
    • Jarrett throws out Dogg! Flair tosses Gunn out! Double clothesline by JJ and Rhodes on Crush! The ref can't control this!
    • JR is screaming "Ric Flair, Jeff Jarrett and Dustin Rhodes can play the numbers game too! DX doesn't have a monopoly on THAT! And DX is certainly on the receiving end of things for a change!"
    • HHH has seen enough! He stands up from the announce table... he folds up his chair! He's calling his DX soldiers now...
    • HHH tries to get into the ring, but is seen by the three men! HHH slowly backs up and drops the chair.
    • DX jumps back in! 3-on-3 again! HHH is quick to jump into the fray!
    • The ref sees HHH, and he's throwing this match in favor of Flair, Rhodes and Jarrett!!!
    • BRAWL! Crush and Rhodes brawl outside! The Outlaws double-team Flair! Jarrett and HHH go at it!
    • HERE'S SAVIO, WITH THE SECURITY CREW!!! THEY'RE SEPARATING EVERYONE! IT'S GOTTEN OUT OF HAND!
  • Vince McMahon announces a #1 Contendership match, NEXT WEEK ON RAW! (Rating:97)
    • With all the participants isolated and a sea of security inside the ring, Savio grabs the microphone.
    • "Mr. McMahon has SOMETHING to say!"
    • The Titantron lights up. Vince McMahon is backstage inside his office.
    • "As I was watching tonight's Main Event... I just had an absolutely brilliant idea! You can't get this feud out of your system!? You can't co-exist in the same ring, inside a match!? I smell ratings!"
    • Vince chuckles a bit, and then his face grows dark. "Hunter, you say that you deserve another shot at the WWF Championship? And Flair, you say that you're going for the WWF Title as soon as you're through with Helmsley? I'm going to solve both of your problems... because next week... live on Monday Night RAW... it will be Hunter Hearst Helmsley taking on Ric Flair in a number one contendership match for the WWF Title... the winner going into this month's PPV, In Your House: Over The Edge to take on Jeff Jarrett for the World Wrestling Federation Championship!"
    • JR goes nuts. "BY GOD! FLAIR VS. HELMSLEY NEXT WEEK ON RAW! AND IT IS FOR THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDERSHIP!"
    • Helmsley points at Flair and then at Jarrett. Flair and Jarrett warily eye each other inside the ring. TENSION! JR reminds us to watch next week on RAW!
MICHAEL MANNA, MATT HARDY DEBUT

From www.wrestlingscoops.com

Don't tell me I didn't say so. Michael Manna, fresh from signing a WWF developmental contract a few months ago, saw TV time this week on RAW as "Mr. IQ" Alexander Graham. Manna is also known in the independent circuit as Steven Richards.

Matt Hardy, also from the developmental roster, saw action, but was jobbed to Taka Michinoku in the opener. He was billed and announced by his real name... which says a lot about the WWF creative team's use for him.