The Montreal Aftermath: WWF 1998

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great show! Epic main event...I noticed Kane has been slipping away since Michaels went to rehab, so it's only right that Jarrett won the title. It should be interesting to see how Jarrett does with the belt. Kane and Kurrgan...I'll see how it goes.

I also liked the way you teased face turns with Rock and the NAO, although I really hope you don't turn Rock. NAO should be a good babyface tandem though, especially since there's hardly any other believable face tag teams that they haven't feuded with.

And the 6-man tag was good. I know Scaggs and Rhodes will continue to wrestle, but I don't know what Austin will do. Maybe Austin and McMahon will do the joint owner/commisioner thing...? It'll be interesting to follow, anywho.

You've done a really awesome job with this diary...

My only concern, is that you're pioneering the NEW ERA and the attitude era with a champion that stands for Tradition and old school values. :S

But I enjoyed the Mania main event...keep it up buddy!

Seeing as this is his diary, alternate reality, there may never be an attitude era. But then again, Jeff can throw the attitude around. Although I wasn't to fond of him winning the title, simply because I think he needed to continue chasing it.

WWF Monday Night RAW - Mar. 30, 1998

Show Rating: 81

RAW TV Rating: 5.05

Nitro TV Rating: 5.70

IPB Image

• Jeff Jarrett victory celebration, complete with a challenge! (Rating:82)
    • It's MONDAY NIGHT RAAAAAW! Fresh off the heels of WrestleMania XIV!
    • JR tells us that last night, Jeff Jarrett made his way to the top of the mountain and won the WWF Championship!
    • "TRADITION", and heeeere's Double J! The fans cheer as the champ appears on top of the ramp with the WWF Title draped across his shoulder.
    • JJ raises the title up as he walks down the aisle.
    • He steps into the ring and climbs the two turnbuckles and raises the title again.
    • JJ grabs a mic and waits for the crowd to die down its chants of "DOUBLE J!"
    • "You know, it's been a long time since someone finally decided to kick DX in the balls(bleeped) and say enough is enough. Shawn Michaels and Hunter Hearst Helmsley have been running rampant in the WWF for the past year, and it's about time that someone gave them a piece of their own medicine."
    • "Last night, I stepped into the ring with Kane and Hunter Hearst Helmsley, and I won the WWF Championship. I'm telling you right now, this is the beginning of a new dawn for the WWF. This title belongs to you, the people."
    • "This doesn't belong to Vince McMahon... this doesn't belong to DX... this title belongs to the fans. I'm going to defend this title with all my heart, with all my blood, with all my sweat... because you know what? I am going to be YOUR Champion. I'm going to be the PEOPLE'S CHAMPION."
    • "My name is Jeff Jarrett, and if you want this title, if you want to take this title, you're just going to have to go through me, and pry this title away from my dead body."
    • Big pop for JJ.
    • BUUUUT... here's... Crush!? And he's got a Microphone.
    • "Jarrett, Mr. hero, Mr. People's Champ. You think this people give a shit(bleeped) about what you do or not do for them? These people only care about their own damn selves. Because when they're through with you, they won't even remember you for whatever you've done, or whoever you were."
    • Jarrett responds. "You want a piece of me? You want a piece of me, punk? You know I'm not going to back down on anyone, let alone you."
    • Crush chuckles. "That's what I like about you Jarrett, all balls, no brains. Yeah, I want a piece of you... inside that ring, tonight!"
    • Jarrett quickly retorts. "You want a match? You've got a match, Crush! IT'S ON!"
    • Crowd pops for the MATCH! Yeah. JR says that it's later TONIGHT!
  • Charlie Scaggs def. Suicidal Kidd (M:87 C:77 O:82)
    • Scaggs vs. Kidd! It's LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT FUN!
    • Kidd takes over with his CHEATING ways.
    • Kidd hits a nasty moonsault that gets him the two.
    • But Scaggs comes back with his own offensive.
    • Scaggs hits the 450 splash to grab the win.
  • Vince McMahon goes off on his Associates! (Rating:91)
    • Cut backstage to Vince McMahon's office, where he is berating his three associates.
    • "Two jobbers and a man with a broken neck, and you COULDN'T BEAT THEM!? I hired you for one reason, and that's to ENFORCE MY will on the WWF Lockerroom, and you get your collective asses handed to you last night!?"
    • Several whispers of "I'm sorry Mr. McMahon..."
    • "I don't NEED apologies! You're going to learn that FAILURE has its own consequence! Oh yeah! You're going to feel the consequence tonight! Becuase Barry, tonight, you're going to go 1-on-1 with KANE! Yeah! you like that!? As for you, Robert, you and Bartholomew are going to step in the ring with the LEGION OF DOOM! And that match si NEXT! Now get the hell OUT OF MY OFFICE!"
    • Crowd cheers as they anticipate an ASS-WHOOPING tonight.
  • Legion of Doom def. Associates Robert and Bartholomew (M:72 C:65 O:68)
    • LEGION OF DOOM!!! LEGION OF DOOM!!! They look pissed. That loss last night was not a great thing to sleep on.
    • From the first bell, LOD just completely DESTROYS Robert and Bartholomew.
    • I mean, seriously, brutality like this was not meant to be dished out to any man.
    • Anyway... DOOMSDAY DEVICE on Robert! That gives LOD the win.
  • Farooq and Ahmed collide backstage! (Rating:74)
    • Cut backstage, and we see AHMED and FAROOQ exchanging pleasantries backstage. NOT.
    • I guess both men didn't like to be in the losing end of things last night.
    • A brawl is averted by several backstage security.
  • Kane def. Associate Barry (M:60 C:73 O:69)
    • Aaaand Barry gets his ass handed to him by Kane, fresh off being unable to leave WM with the WWF Title.
    • A chokeslam and a tombstone later, it's over.
    • Here's Kurrgan, with Jim Cornette, and he rushes into the ring! He attacks Kane! And Kane fights back!
    • Kane CLOTHESLINES Kurrgan out of the ring, before doing his PYRO! The fans cheer as Kurrgan and Cornette make their way to the back!
  • Rocky interrupts Mero's celebration (Rating:92)
    • Marc Mero is out to celebrate his IC Title win last night.
    • Mero asks for a microphone.
    • "Last night was the beginning, it was the beginning of a NEW era in the WWF. Last night you saw me pin Ken Shamrock in the middle of the ring, one, two, three."
    • Boos from the crowd. "That was simply MAGNIFICENT. I, I am simply MAGNIFICENT. Because from now on, you can call me MAGNIFICENT Marc Mero, Intercontinental Champion!"
    • More boos. He's getting SOLID heat. "Quite frankly, I got tired of being on the losing end, and finally decided to do things, MY way. And there is noone, NOONE in the back right now who can measure up to me..."
    • "THE ROCK SAYS..." And the crowd explodes! Huge pop for Rocky as he walks out with a microphone of his own!
    • "Did The Rock hear you correctly? Mero, the only thing magnificent about you is that your penis(bleeped) is magnificently small!" HUGE POP.
    • Mero looks pissed and starts to berate the crowd. "Shut the hell up! You all shut the hell up!" He turns to Rocky. "What're you doing here, interrupting MY celebration!? This is MY night! MY night damnit!"
    • Rocky smirks. "Let me tell you something, last night, I took Farooq straight to hell and back again inside the steel cage... and I came out on top! And this is YOUR night!? UH-UH! This is THE ROCK'S night! And I'm here to tell you that The Rock wants what is rightfully his! Mero, that Intercontinental Title rightfully belongs to The Rock!"
    • Mero grips the IC Title tightly. "No, no, no, no... what you don't understand, Rocky, is that you're going to have to go back to the back of the line... behind everyone else, because you're NOT going to get a title shot against me! See, there's a pecking order around here, and you, Rocky, are going to have to wait your turn! I'm the man on top, and I say that you don't get a shot at this!" Mero raises the title high.
    • Rocky just smiles. "The Rock thinks you're a funny man, Marc Mero. But when The Rock does get his title shot..." EYEBROW "...and believe me, The Rock will get his title shot... he's going to shine that Intercontinental Title real nice... and shove straight up your ass!" Rocky drops the mic as the fans CHEER!
    • Mero is furious in the ring! He can't believe Rocky Maivia just one-upped him at his own Title Celebration!
  • Dustin Rhodes def. Savio Vega (M:83 C:73 O:78)
    • Rhodes vs. Vega! Smell the ratings.
    • They actually give the crowd a nice match.
    • Vega gains advantage, but is slow to use it for his own good.
    • Rhodes comes back! Lefts, rights! Slam!
    • Rhodes hits the Curtain-Call for the win!
  • Steve Austin is ARRESTED! (Rating:87)
    • Backstage, we see Steve Austin sharing a beer with Charlie Scaggs, and welcoming back Dustin Rhodes from his win.
    • But heeer's Vince, and he's got two dozen security personell with him.
    • Vince spoils the party. "Well, well, well. What do we have here? Two re-instated WWF Superstars... Dustin Rhodes and Charlie Scaggs sharing a brewskie with their good old pal Stone Cold Steve Austin!"
    • Vince grabs a beer. "You don't mind, do you? No, of course you don't! If I remember correctly, Steve, I said that Rhodes and Scaggs would be reinstated as full-fledged WWF Superstars... but you, you? I never remember saying anything about you."
    • Vince sips a bit. "Stone Cold, you've got the balls to put the STUNNER on me? Vincent Kennedy McMahon?" Austin goes to reply, but is cut off by Vince. "OH HELL NO! You can't do what you did last night and walk away with it! Because as of right now, Austin, you're SUSPENDED! Now, take this piece of shit (bleeped) out of my arena!"
    • Security surround Austin, Rhodes and Scaggs. They manage to hold back Rhodes and Scaggs, and then put Austin in cuffs. Austin screams aloud as he's being dragged off by security. "McMahon, you sonofabitch! I'm going to get you! You can't put a crazy SOB like me out! I'm going to take you DOWN, Vince!"
    • Vince just grins wide as the camera pans from him to Austin flipping off the guards through his cuffs.
  • Jeff Jarrett def. Crush (M:74 C:79 O:77)
    • Out first is Crush, who gets solid heel heat from this crowd.
    • "TRADITION", and your WWF CHAMPION... JEFF JARRETT!!!
    • JJ walks out, with his guitar! Yeah. The crowd pops big for him.
    • This is a NON-TITLE match.
    • Collar and elbow to begin, which Crush just powers through. He tossess JJ around a bit.
    • JJ with a poke to the eyes. Nice. JJ concentrating on Crushes' left leg.
    • Crush catches a JJ splash and hits a fall-away slam. That gets two.
    • Crush throws JJ to the turnbuckle and follows with a vicious clothesline.
    • Crush grabs JJ and beats him up a bit more.
    • He lifts JJ up with a body-press... but JJ counters into a DDT! Crush is reeling!
    • Reverse Side-Russian Legsweep! JJ connects! JJ stands up...
    • ...and is greeted in the head with a GUITAR SHOT!?
    • It's Hunter Hearst Helmsley, where the hell did he come from!? The ref just DQ'ed Crush!
    • TWO ON ONE AGAINST JJ!
  • HHH gets revenge? (Rating:90)
    • Crush holds JJ up, as HHH grabs the WWF Title.
    • HHH grabs a mic as well. "How does it feel champ? How does it feel? Jarrett, your days are numbered. I told you, I told everyone, the WWF Title belongs to DX!"
    • HHH uses the Title and rams JJ in the head! JJ is down! Crush smiles.
    • HHH stands on top of a fallen Jarrett. "Jarrett, you don't know what you're up against... you're up against an ARMY, Jeff... an ARMY. And no single man can stand up against an entire army. Your time as champ is ticking, Jarrett... and soon enough, this title is going back where it belongs... around DX's waist."
    • HHH addresses the people. "Is this the best? Is this YOUR people's champion? You're going to find out that the PEOPLE aren't good enough to take on the DX Army... you're ALL going to find out!" He turns to Jarrett as he tosses the title to the mat. "For now, Jarrett, you can SUCK IT!" CROTCH CHOP!
    • JR assumes that Crush has joined DX!? Is this the making of a new DX army? JR calls HHH a no good SonOfaBitch (bleeped) and says that there will be hell to pay, as the show closes!

March, 1998 Recap

Extreme Championship Wrestling

March was a solid month for ECW. After receiving a rumored $1,000,000 of funds from unnamed sources, Paul Heyman seems to have been able to right the ship a bit financially. As for ratings, they're getting more popular by the day. There are constant rumors of WWF sharing talent with ECW, although there has been nothing to indicate it to be true. ECW ran a successful large event last month, raking in dollars and putting their name on the map. If this goes on, we can expect ECW to break into the market as a legitimate global federation within the year.

World Championship Wrestling

The slow ebb has been finally stopped. WCW made waves during the final week of March, as they apparently have been able to sign Marc Calloway to an enourmous contract. Calloway is best known as the WWF's Undertaker. tehre are already plans that Calloway will debut as an alternate character to the one he played in the WWF, rumor has it that he will debut as the "Reaper", in a similar gimmick as the Undertaker. In other WCW news, the signing of Calloway was reportedly a knee-jerk reaction to several disgruntled employees leaving WCW. Details are sketchy, but apparently a high-profile name has left, but WCW is keeping it HIGHLY under wraps. The internet is abuzz about the move, considering several WCW wrestlers have their contracts up during the month of March. Consider these names: Ric Flair, Raven, Vader, Lex Luger and Kevin Nash. All of whom are reportedly working with expiring WCW contracts. We can only speculate IF any of them would choose to jump ship anytime soon.

Smokey Mountain Wrestling Rebirth

A small promotion, SMWR, has opened up. They have several high-flyers and brawlers signed. Notably: Gangrel, formerly from MCW, the WWF's development federation.

Golden Canvas Grappling

GCG, after opening its doors last month, has been steady. Nothing of note to talk about, as they are after all, nothing more but a backyard fed.

World Wrestling Federation

The WWF ended March with a bang, following a successful WrestleMania, Vince McMahon is apparently happy with the way things have been going since Michaels was sidelined with his drug rehab. Jeff Jarrett was handed the WWF Title at WrestleMania, but expect him to continue to feud with Hunter Heart Helmsley, both of them are emerging to be bigger stars than expected when the year started. Steve Austin made his in-ring return, and although he'll never be a full-time wrestler again, Austin is apparently going to be more prominent in WWF storylines. Rocky Maivia was the talk of the town, WrestleMania was his "breakout" moment... they finally managed to put him over as a solid face, a far cry from his pathetic run as "The Blue Chipper". The current plans are to push him with a feud against Marc Mero, but if things go faster, he'd be holding the WWF Title in a month or two.

Mark Henry has apparently admitted to substance abuse and is currently in rehab. The Brooklyn Brawler has been out for the past month with an eye injury, he will be expected to be out in the next month as well.

Top 5 Faces:

1. Rocky Maivia

2. Steve Austin

3. Kane

4. Jeff Jarrett

5. Dustin Rhodes

Top 5 Heels:

1. Shawn Michaels

2. Vince McMahon

3. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

4. Marc Mero

5. Suicidal Kidd

Awesome work with 'Mania, but I actually enjoyed this episode of RAW even more.

Jeff Jarrett as WWF champ is pretty awesome and something I never would expect in a circa '98 story. You built him up really well from the beginning. I don't foresee a very long reign for him but it'll be fun while it lasts.

Great to see LOD back in ass-kicking form. I may just be old-school but I just can't see those guys in any role other than destroyers of all things human.

Kane vs. Kurrgan is a great idea for a feud and I'm glad it's far away from anything gold. Cornette should definitely earn his keep getting that thing over.

I hated the Rocky face turn, but I hated Rocky as a heel too. I just hate him. I doubt I'd enjoy him in any capacity, other than that of job boy. It takes a face Rocky to make me cheer for Mero. Weird.

This was a great way to elevate Crush and something I never saw coming. To be honest, I'd rather see a feud with Crush develop over continuing with the Helmsley feud but judging by the monthly recap, it looks like Hunter will be Jarrett's next challenger.

Substance abuse? I suppose butter would be considered a substance and if it is, Henry would definitely be considered an abuser of it. The ECW thing sounds promising as well.

Keep up the good work, WS. :)

Another great show. Jarrett and HHH should be great, now that Kane is in another storyline. Also the Rock going back for the IC belt should be interesting.

Loved the McmAhon/Austin story. I look forward to a different approach to the real life story.

It's a shame that due to restraints of the number of segments you can have that Ken Shamrock, The Quebecers and more importantly The Outlaws couldn't appear on the show. Hopefully we'll see them next week, and their story's will not be forgotten.

TROUBLE IN THE SOUTH! WCW AND RIC FLAIR PART WAYS?

April 3, 1998 - AP, Atlanta - The wrestling world just felt a major temor. Ric Flair and WCW have parted ways, at least contractually. After spending nearly one and a half decades with World Championship Wrestling, Ric Flair has apparently not renewed his contract with the Atlanta-based organization. There have been rumors of apparent bad blood between WCW President of Wrestling Operations, Eric Bischoff and Ric Flair, stemming in the abortion of the planned return of Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen in what could have been an epic storyline for WCW. It is rumored that after learning of the plan to discard the stoyline alltogether, Ric Flair basically told Bischoff that either they bring back the Horsemen, or he was going to walk.

Fans may remember the Horsemen being disbanded in 1997, following the storyline that the nWo had completely taken over WCW. Flair has been resting for the past couple of months, taking time away from the ring, with his contract coming up. There were already many blind items regarding Flair's obvious unhappiness with the goings-on in WCW, and his displeasure was only fanned by the apparent backing of Terry Bollea and Kevin Nash in Bischoff's decision to scrap the Horsemen storyline. Instead, Bischoff is rumored to be going the way of an nWo - Canadian Alliance angle, continuing the feud of the black and white boys against Bret Hart and company.

Flair has apparently been displeased with the way his character has been protrayed during the past year, and how WCW seems to have gone to the dogs ever since the booking committee shook things up. Flair's contract effectively ended on Mar. 31, and there is no confirmation if he has renewed it with WCW or not.

The biggest thing here is that Flair never signed a no-compete clause during his last renegotiation with WCW, which means Flair can choose to show up on any other promotion effective today! WWF officials have declined to officially comment if they have approached Ric Flair in any way shape or form. One unnamed source within Titan Sports, however, has said that "Ric Flair in a WWF ring? The ratings are going to go through the roof!"

You have to sign Flair!

I mean, you're doing a really good job of building up the main event, but it's just a fact that after Wrestlemania, the WWF really didn't have many main eventers and had to build up Foley, Rock, HHH, Kane really quickly. So you could make your own job a lot easier by getting Flair.

Do it!

You have my full attention.

Part of me wants to see the WWF's struggle from underneath continue, but... fuck it. I'm a Flair mark.

Talk about being at the right place at the right time. Flair could fit in virtually anywhere. Against Jarrett, DX, Austin, Rocky... hell, he could start his own storyline with anybody else.

This certainly makes up for Mark Henry's butter overdose.

I been catching up with this, And I'm enjoying where things are going. Sucks to see HBK in rehab, As he's easily your top star in terms of skills and overness. I didn't really like seeing Jarrett walk out of WM with the title. I just don't buy him as a babyface and as a good long term champion. I would have prefered to see Kane walk away with the title and kept it until HBK came back. Kane and Kurrgan could be a decent feud, But it's a big step down from where he was at the beginning of the year. Crush with DX is good as he makes some good muscle and backup for them. And he's one hell of a hoss. (Y) Austin being back is good, But too bad he can't be around full time. The Rock versus Mero could turn out well, Even though I think Shamrock could have kept the belt a bit longer. As for Flair possibly coming in, I'd actually rather see him not show up. You should build up your current stars rather than bringing in Flair. Though, I'd love to see a few matches involving Flair (HBK, Kane, HHH, Jarrett).

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night - Apr. 4, 1998

Show Rating: 77

TV Rating: 0.04

• Kane interview (Rating: 78)
    • The show begins with Kane and Paul Bearer in-studio with Michael Cole.
    • Bearer plugs his man. "Kurrrrgan! At WrestleMania, you dared to go where no man has ever dared to go! You attacked MY KANE! Ohhh yesss! And at WrestleMania, you sealed your own doom! For you see... Kane does not forgive... Kane does not forget... Kane only knows DESTRUCTION AND CHAOS! OOOH YESSS! Your days are numbered, Kurrgan... your days are NUMBERED!!! And when the time comes... when the time comes and Kane drags you deep into the pits of hell itself, you will know... you will realize... you will see... OH YESS... you will see, that you can never defeat Kane!!! You will, most certainly, REST IN PEAAACE!!! OH YESSSSS!!!"
  • "The Cool Cat" Joe Legend def. Mr. Aguila (M:58 C:45 O:72)
    • Aguila is out, and gets nice reaction from the fans.
    • Suddenly, the lights go dim, and disco music fills the air. Why? Well, because of this guy.
    • Someone walks out wearing a white polyester suit, his long hair all slicked back by grease, and a giant gold medallion is hanging around his neck.
    • The announcer bills him as "The Cool Cat" Joe Legend. Nice.
    • He struts his way down the aisle, and the crowd doesn't know what to expect from this man.
    • He puts in an average showing against Aguila, hitting several power moves and technical holds, they really didn't mesh together with Aguila's moveset.
    • Legend hits a nice looking Diamond Cutter on Aguila to grab the win. He does a little shimmy before leaving the ring.
    • There you go. Another debut.
  • Rocky Maivia interview (Rating:98)
    • Rocky Maivia is in the studio with Michael Cole. He goes on a rant about Marc Mero.
    • "Magnificent Marc Mero. The Rock thinks that he's got his head way up above the clouds. No, seriously, The Rock actually thinks that he's delirious to actually think that he can dictate what The Rock can and cannot do. The Rock does what he wants, where he wants, when he wants. If The Rock wanted to take a big crap in the middle of Times Square during the lighting of the Christmas Tree, no matter how retarded that may sound, The Rock would be able to do it there, and then! If The Rock wanted to take his shirt off like this..." Rocky takes his shirt off. "...and proceed to cover Michael Cole's face in it, The Rock would be able to do it, like so..." He then places the shirt to cover Cole's face. Cole says that Rocky's shirt smells like it was newly cleaned. "Of course The Rock's shirts are clean! What do you think I am? Some smelly monkey like Mark Henry? The bottom line is THIS... Marc Mero, you think just because you won that title in a fluke match with Captain Insane-O Terminator-boy, you deserve to keep it? UH-UH. The Rock wants his title back, and what The Rock wants, The Rock gets, if you smell what The Rock is cookin'!"
    • Rocky stands up, and takes the shirt out of Cole's face, and then leaves the studio.
  • Replay of JJ being beaten down by Crush and HHH (Rating:81)
    • Cole segways into a replay of last week's beatdown of JJ by HHH and newest DX member, Crush.
  • The Quebecers def. Furnas & LaFon (M:88 C:61 O:74)
    • Nice tag match. The Quebecers are apparently next in line for the Tag Titles!
    • The Quebecers win via some quick interference from Ray Rougeau.
    • OY! CANADIANS! Anyway, Cole reminds us to tune in to Heat tomorrow night, and RAW on Monday!

WWF HEAT TO AIR LIVE THIS SUNDAY NIGHT!!

Check out the new and improved WWF HEAT live on Sunday Nights! The WWF and the USA Network have worked out a deal to move HEAT into the prime-time slot, and to be aired as a live broadcast. This certainly changes the way things will shape out in tv-land, as the WWF now feature two shows airing live, the other one being its flagship program WWF Monday Night RAW!. Expect WWF Chairman Vince McMahon to make a special announcement on this Sunday's premiere edition of prime-time WWF HEAT!

Good show in the week following WrestleMania. DX needed a new member, and it's easy to see why HHH would hire a big, bodyguard type like Crush. I'm really into the Rock character at the moment, but it's unfortunate that Shamrock has just been pushed out of his storyline with Mero.

The two big announcements are also promising. I hope you hire Flair, there's so much you could do with him: he could play a face commisioner, join with Jarrett to counter DX, maybe just be a manager for some mid-carder...Also I'm looking forward to the new version of Heat and seeing what McMahon's announcement is.

Keep going with this, this is the best diary I've read in a long time.

Edited by Sam_Van_619

Good heat. I can't wait to see what McMahon's announcement is. I don't know if I like The Quebecers possibly being in line for the titles. I just can't get into them in this time era. I'd prefer to see The Outlaws keep the titles for awhile until you can build up a new face tag team. Oh yeah, Push "The Cool Cat" to the moon. (Y)

WWF HEAT - Apr. 5, 1998

Show Rating: 77

TV Rating: 5.48

• Vince McMahon unveils the NEW WWF Prime Time Title (Rating:86)
    • WWF HEAT! For the very first time, LIVE! We join our hosts Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly, as the show opens with Vince McMahon in the middle of the ring, holding an object wrapped in black cloth.
    • McMahon takes the mic. "Ladies and gentlemen, good evening, and welcome to the very first edition of our new PRIME TIME show, WWF HEAT!". That gets some cheap pop from the crowd. "In case anyone asks, no, Stone Cold will not be here tonight, he won't be here on ANY other night as a matter of fact!" Big boos.
    • "As you may all know, I have a special announcement tonight, and I am making this announcement right here right now, because I want to get things rolling! It's always been a huge fact that the fans, you WWF fans want title matches... you want WWF gold defended on Live TV without any qualms or repercussions. Well, tonight, you get your wish. Because tonight, I am announcing the creation of a NEW WWF Title..." McMahon unveils the object, it's shiny gold belt, with the word "PRIME TIME" written on it "...the WWF Prime Time Championship!" Mixed reaction from the crowd.
    • "And this title will be defended on each and every single edition of WWF HEAT by whomever its holder is! It is without a doubt that any wrestler who is able to defend this title, week-in and week-out is definitely suited for PRIME TIME! And our main event tonight will be for this very title... it will be The Nation of Domination's D'Lo Brown, taking on Charlie Scaggs! May the best man win! Have a great evening!"
  • Full Throttle def. Associate Bartholomew & Robert (M:84 C:58 O:71)
    • The Associates try their best to take on the young guns, overpowering them from the get-go.
    • Sexton Hardcastle and Roderick Steele manage to use their speed to their advantage.
    • They hit the Sonic Boom on Robert to grab the victory.
  • The Quebecers interview (Rating:67)
    • Backstage, we cut to The Quebecers, with Ray Rougeau. Interview? You know it!
    • Ray begins. "I've got something to say, and it concerns me, the Quebecers and every Canadian wrestler in the WWF." Slight pause. "If I remember correctly, the Quebecers defeated the Legion of Doom at WrestleMania. And if I remember correctly, the Legion of Doom were next in line to the WWF Tag Team Titles. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but that makes the Quebecers the Number 1 contenders to the WWF Tag Team Titles, no?" Ray smirks. "It's because we're Canadians, that why we're being discriminated against! But no more! We're going to take what's rightfully ours! I'm going to petition this straight to Mr. McMahon! We want our Title shots! We want them NOW!" Jacques and Carl Oulette just grimace in the background and Ray leads them off.
  • Kurrgan def. Scott Taylor (M:79 C:67 O:73)
    • KURRGAN DESTROYS Taylor. Descriptive enough?
    • Cornette jumps in to celebrate his client's win... and the ramp explodes with PYROS
    • It's Kane! It's Kane!
    • Kane is walking down the ramp, and Kurrgan looks positively rattled. Cornette quickly tries to pull his client out of the ring!
    • Kurrgan and Cornette run away through the crowd! Kane lights the ring up with pyro!
  • DX is in the house! (Rating:81)
    • "Are You Ready?" HHH and Crush walk out and receives a hefty amount of boos from the crowd. HHH and Crush, walk their way to the ring.
    • Chants of "We want Flair! We want Flair!" ring through the arena.
    • HHH grabs a microphone. "You can chant all you want, morons, but he ain't coming to the WWF anytime soon!" And that gets a huge chorus of boos from the crowd.
    • "I want to address one man tonight, and that man is Jeff Jarrett. Double J, last week, you got your ass handed to you by the newest, biggest and baddest member of the DX army... the One Man Massacre Machine, CRUSH! You found out first hand, that you can't kill DX, Jarrett. You can't kill what you can't stop! The DX army is only growing... and we are growing by the second! We're going to overrun the WWF, we're going to overrun you and people who think like you, Jarrett. THIS is the future of the WWF, this is the NEW ERA, the DX ERA... we are going to run you out of town, Jarrett, just like DX ran Bret Hart out of town!"
    • BIG heat from the crowd.
    • "You holding that WWF Title is only a temporary problem, Jarrett. After everything is set and done, that belt goes back to where it belongs, back to DX!"
  • Jarrett issues a challenge, and is accepted! (Rating:85)
    • "TRADITION", and Jarrett is out! The fans pop big! Yay!
    • JJ has a microphone.
    • "Hunter... last week, you blindsided me. Last week, you took my by surprise. That's not going to happen again! You and your little bitch(bleeped) right there better listen up, because have I got a challenge for you! Tomorrow night, on RAW, you... and Crush... to take on me, and a partner of my choosing!"
    • Hunter smiles. "You're on, Jarrett, you're on! And if you're thinking about bringing in some old semi-retired lame duck like Ric Flair, you can dream on... because it's not happening! My buddies down south just drove Flair out of Flair Country, and if ever decided to show up here, he's going to figure out that the way things are run down here ain't too far from they do down south. DX OWNS the WWF, we OWN this business! Ric Flair won't be making any 'special appearances', that's because he's old, he's a has-been... he's useless!"
    • JJ replies. "Oh, don't worry about Ric Flair showing up, slapnuts. I've got myself a nice surprise for you tomorrow night! I'll see you and your bitch(bleeped) on RAW!"
    • Fans cheer after hearing the announcement. Yay. More "We Want Flair" chants!
  • Ken Shamrock def. Albert (M:74 C:58 O:66)
    • Shamrock squashes this fat, hairy, bald dude called Albert. Ola.
    • After the match, Shamrock grabs a microphone.
    • "MERO, I WANT YOU OUT HERE, AND I WANT MY INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE BACK!"
    • The crowd cheers as Shamrock is going nuts inside the ring.
  • Rocky Maivia thinks otherwise (Rating:94)
    • "The Rock Says..." and Rocky Maivia is out! The fans cheer!
    • "Hold on there, terminator-boy! You're asking for a title shot against Mero? UH-UH! The Rock says that I get that title shot first! The Rock remembers when you beat the holy hell out of The Rock at In Your House, and The Rock wants nothing more but to get back and give you a little serving of whoop-ass! As far as the Intercontinental Title is concerned, The Rock called it first, and what The Rock wants, The Rock gets.."
    • Shamrock interrupts him. "Listen, Rocky, I have a mandatory title re-match! If you want it so bad, as bad as I want it... then why don't we settle it tomorrow night on RAW! Winner gets the title shot!"
    • Rocky grins. "The Rock likes your plan, The Rock likes it a lot! You've got a match! But The Rock says that you don't EVER... AND THE ROCK MEANS EVER interrupt The Rock when he's talking, or I'll slap you like a day old baby! The Rock says that it's going to be you, and me... tomorrow night! I'll see you in the ring, JABRONIE!"
    • Staredown. Set. Match. Point. The crowd cheers!
  • Marc Mero wants The Nation's services (Rating:83)
    • Backstage cut to Mero as he approaches Farooq, who's with Kama Mustafa and D'Lo Brown. Farooq's giving advice to D'Lo.
    • "You take this sucker out, you hear me D'Lo? It's about time we had gold back in The Nation. You win this title, and we're going to go straight back to the top!"
    • Mero taps Farooq's shoulder. "What the hell do you want, FOOL?"
    • "Listen, Farooq... we might have some mutual interests... so, if you're willing to listen to what I have to say... since you're interested in championship gold," Mero taps the IC Title "I just might give you a shot at this little baby right here."
    • Farooq looks interested, and they walk away from the camera to have a private discussion.
  • WWF Prime Time Championship: Charlie Scaggs def. D'Lo Brown (M:81 C:67 O:74)
    • First out is Charlie Scaggs! He walks out to some nifty hip-gop type of music. Well, there you go. Nice pop for Scaggs.
    • "We Are The Nation" and out is D'Lo Brown. He gets average heat.
    • Collar and elbow to start.
    • Scaggs does a lucha moveset on D'Lo, who ends up flat on his back after a trip.
    • Scaggs goes on the assault, using various suplexes and rest-holds.
    • D'Lo gets in an eyepoke, and that turns the tide!
    • D'Lo traps Scaggs in a corner, lefts and rights!
    • He throws Scaggs into the ropes... clothesline out of bounds!
    • They fight outside, and then it goes back in the ring.
    • The two men exchange punches!
    • Scaggs throws D'Lo to the ropes... he tries a Lou Thesz press! But is countered into a spinebuster!
    • D'Lo climbs up top! He takes his time, and even taunts the crowd.
    • Frog Splash! NO! Scaggs rolled out of the way!
    • Scaggs on top now, 450 SPLASH!!! He hit it! ONE TWO THREE! New Prime Time Champion!
    • Nice pop for Scaggs, who celebrates by hoisting the title up in the air!
    • Cole thanks us for watching the first ever LIVE WWF HEAT! and reminds us to watch RAW tomorrow night!

Loved the new "Prime-Time" Heat. I especially liked the way you still allowed the "up-and-comers" to be used, and didn't saturate it with the established stars. It seemed to add a new dimension, and give the newer guys greater credibility.

I also loved the new Prime-Time title. I think it's a great idea. The only issue I had was that if McMahon hates Scaggs (along with Runnels and Austin), why would he place him in a title match. It could have been cooler had someone else been involved at the start, and then Scaggs attack them, forcing them to demand a match with the title on the line.

The only other issue I had was the number of Flair referances. The crowd chant is believable, and HHH's response to it was great, but after that it became obvious you have signed him up, and I think it ruins the surprise element.

Otherwise, you are still going strong, and I can't wait for RAW.

Loved the new "Prime-Time" Heat. I especially liked the way you still allowed the "up-and-comers" to be used, and didn't saturate it with the established stars. It seemed to add a new dimension, and give the newer guys greater credibility.

I also loved the new Prime-Time title. I think it's a great idea. The only issue I had was that if McMahon hates Scaggs (along with Runnels and Austin), why would he place him in a title match. It could have been cooler had someone else been involved at the start, and then Scaggs attack them, forcing them to demand a match with the title on the line.

The only other issue I had was the number of Flair referances. The crowd chant is believable, and HHH's response to it was great, but after that it became obvious you have signed him up, and I think it ruins the surprise element.

Otherwise, you are still going strong, and I can't wait for RAW.

Edited by wrestlingsuicide