The Montreal Aftermath: WWF 1998

WWF Monday Night RAW - Feb. 9, 1998

Show Rating: 78

RAW TV Rating: 5.06

Nitro TV Rating: 5.82

• Rhodes and Scaggs open RAW!(Rating:82)
    • RAW opens and JR welcomes us as the ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA BEGINS, TONIGHT!
    • JR tells us that tonight, the LightHeavyweight Title will be up for grabs as BC, fresh off his win against Taka last night, will be facing Scott Taylor!
    • And JR gives us the Main Event... KANE VS. HUNTER HEARST HELMSLEY! Booyah!
    • Dustin Rhodes' music starts playing, it's a nice heavy rock piece. Rhodes walks out with Charlie Scaggs.
    • The crowd pops for both men. Rhodes grabs a mic.
    • He talks about last night, and how they were thrown out of the building by McMahon's security.
    • Rhodes says that they BOUGHT tickets tonight, so Vince can't throw them out again.
    • Rhodes talks about responsibility and how Vince should face the music tonight.
    • Scaggs takes the mic, he calls Vince a "yellow bastard" (bleeped). If he had the balls to come out here and deal with them face-to-face, he'd have done it by now.
  • Vince McMahon answers!(Rating:97)
    • Cue the WrestleMania music.
    • Vince is out! Crowd boos!
    • Vince says that just in case they didn't know yet, YES, he was the OWNER of the WWF.
    • Vince quickly tells the crowd to SHUT UP! Ooooh. That only gets more boos.
    • Vince informs Rhodes and Scaggs that he can throw both men out of the building any time he damn well pleases.
    • But he won't do that, because he was a nice guy. Vince says that he's had enough of the two of them berating him night in and night out, on HIS show.
    • Vince tells Rhodes that his father, Dusty, didn't give a damn about him... and that Vince gave him a chance to be a star.
    • He points out that Scaggs got booted out of WCW, and he had the good grace in him to sign Scaggs over to the WWF.
    • Vince says that he got rid of Bret Hart at the snap of a finger, and it would take less to get rid of the both of them. The crowd is completely riled up!
    • Vince says that tonight won't be about "responisiblity", it's going to be about "gratitude"
    • Unlike the two of them, there ARE people in the WWF who have gratitude to the generosity and heart of Vincent Kennedy McMahon.
    • Like these guys, he says.
    • Bob Holly, Bart Gunn and Barry Windham running in from the crowd! 3-on-2! Scaggs and Rhodes can't fight them all!
    • Windham delivers a double-arm DDT on Scaggs, while Bob Holly sets up Rhodes as Gunn hits the SIDEWINDER from the top rope!
    • Vince grins in pleasure as the crowd boos. Holly, Gunn and Windham all taunt the crowd before leaving the two victims in the ring, decimated.
  • Brian Christopher interview(Rating:66)
    • BC is backstage, and he is interviewed by Lawler
    • BC says that tonight, the title stays with him. By hook OR by crook.
    • Pretty bland. Blech.
  • WWF Lightheavyweight Title: Brian Christopher vs. Scott Taylor(M:83 C:63 O:73)
    • Solid match. Typical stuff here. Life HAS to be injected into the Lightheavyweight division.
    • BC retains by hitting a top-tope leg-drop for the win.
  • Legion of Doom brawl with New Age Outlaws(Rating:68)
    • Michael Cole is backstage with LOD. He asks about LOD's tag-title shots next week on RAW.
    • Before LOD are able to answer, however, they get blindsided by the New Age Outlaws!
    • And we have a brawl in our hands! Road Dogg breaks a pitcher of water over Animal's head!
    • Security gets in between the two teams. Medics rush in to assist the bleeding Animal.
  • Ahmed Johnson returns!(Rating:71)
    • We cut back to the ring, as Ahmed Johnson's entrance music hits.
    • The crowd cheers, as Ahmed walks to the ring.
    • Ahmed is handed a microphone.
    • Ahmed says that since he's been out, he's been hearing a lot about Kurrgan and Cornette claiming that they were an unstoppable force.
    • Ahmed laughs and says that since he first stepped inside a WWF ring, he was yet to encounter anyone who was tougher, or badder than he was.
    • Ahmed says that last night, he showed Kurrgan that he wasn't unstoppable, and that Ahmed Johnson was BACK!
  • Ahmed Johnson vs. Savio Vega(M:77 C:67 O:72)
    • Good match, Savio tried heel tactics to win, but Ahmed rose to the occassion and won the match via the Pearl River Plunge.
    • After the match, Jim Cornette walks down the aisle and distracts Ahmed.
    • Kurrgan pops in from the crowd and jumps Ahmed from behind. Brawl ensues and security runs to the ring to clear things up. (seems like security have their hands full tonight)
  • Farooq sets order(Rating:89)
    • Backstage, the Nation is in turmoil! Rocky and D'Lo nearly come to blows as Rocky confronts Brown regarding what happened last night.
    • Farooq screams at both Rocky and D'Lo to shut the hell up. Farooq says that what's done is done, and they should concentrate on tonight's match.
    • Rocky just glares at D'Lo (Rocky's still wearing the shirt... seems like it grew on him), while D'Lo just glares back. FRICTION!
  • Ken Shamrock & Marc Mero vs. Farooq & Mark Henry(M:76 C:71 O:73)
    • Shamrock walks out, he's the NEEEEEEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP! And the crowd cheers! Yay!
    • Mero is out next. He really needs something else other than being Shamrock's occassional tag partner.
    • The Nation is out. And they are out in full force. Farooq, Henry, Rocky, D'Lo and Kama. Yikes.
    • Decent match, and the crowd reacted nicely.
    • Mero was the face-in-peril for tonight, with Farooq and Henry doing a massive beat-down.
    • Mero hot-tags Shamrock... TERMINATOR MODE! Henry is thrown out of the ring! The crowd POPS hard for that one.
    • Farooq is also tossed out! Shamrock is going nuts! The ref is now distracted by Kama! D'Lo and Rocky jump in! D'Lo grabs Shamrock, Rocky goes for a clothesline... but Shamrock ducks!!! D'Lo goes down hard!
    • Mero and Henry duke it out at ringside. Kama still has the ref! Farooq jumps in, and he confronts Rocky, asking him what the hell was going on.
    • Farooq shoves Rocky, Rocky shoves back! Shamrock rolls Farooq up! Mero finally gets Kama off of the ref's case! The ref counts to three! Rocky realizes what just happened!
    • Shamrock CLEARS THE RING! The Nation retreat, every single member looks PISSED. Rocky has a "damn it, you pushed me first!" look. Shamrock and Mero celebrate in the ring.
  • DX abducts Bearer!(Rating:79)
    • We cut backstage, where Shawn Michaels and the New Age Outlaws run into a locker room
    • They walk out with a plump guy hogtied and wearing a black cloth bag over his head.
    • JR says that it's Paul Bearer! DX has just abducted Paul Bearer!
  • Kane vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley(M:78 C:87 O:84)
    • HHH is out with Chyna, they get boos. Heh.
    • Kane's music hits, but he doesn't show up.
    • Kane's music hits one more time, and here's the big red machine.
    • Kane looks a bit lost without Paul.
    • HHH takes advantage of the bewildered Kane, managing to take advantage for the first part of the match.
    • Kane comes back, and HHH is reeling!
    • Chyna tries to distract Kane, but the ref wants none of it, and throws Chyna BACK to the lockers!
    • Kane and HHH BRAWL.
    • HHH goes for a pedigree, but Kane reverses!
    • Kane goes for the tombstone... but the titantron lights up, Shawn Michaels is sitting inside a dark room with Paul Bearer unconscious.
    • Shawn says hi, and tells Kane that if he wants his beloved Bearer, he'll have to come and get him.
    • Crowd boos, Kane walks out on the match and heads backstage. The ref has no choice but to count him out!
    • The crowd doesn't like the finish, as HHH stands tall with a smug look on his face.
    • The boos turn into cheers as Jeff Jarrett runs in from the crowd, HHH doesn't see him!
    • JJ has a... GUITAR! He jumps in... KABONG! HHH is DOWN! JJ just smashed that guitar over HHH's head!
    • JJ poses with the broken guitar and a broken HHH and the crowd cheers!
    • JR says that the show is over! What a finish! He reminds us to tune in NEXT WEEK!
Edited by wrestlingsuicide

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoyed this episode of Raw. The follow-up to No Way Out was good.

I love the growing tension between the Nation. Could a Rock face-turn happen earlier thean it really did. I just hope that Farooq is not turned face- apart from the APA gimmick, he sucked as a face.

The main event was good. The finish with Kane leaving was not out-of-character, and really shows Kane's need for guidance.... which could play into his Wrestlemania quest for the Title. Jarrett's run in was a good finish

BUT PLEASE don't do to Jarrett what the WWF did to Owen Hart in the same scenario. Turn him back into a mid-carder. You've done a great job of building Jarrett up, don't leave him feuding with HHH. This angle should be used to enhance Jarrett's threat to Michaels, and that Michaels had better not forget about him.

A decent follow-up to No Way Out. Glad to see the Scaggs & Dustin storyline progress but for some reason, it came off really anit-climatic. Maybe because Vince came off 'too much' like a heel and I was hoping for it to be more subtle. I also would have like the idea of Scaggs & Dustin being jumped by wretlers without Vince coming out to confront them. A deal where Vince would keep on sending people after them but never actually show up on TV thus heels like Lawler could claim it wasn't Vince since he never acknowledged it. Vince could keep on hiding from them thus making the final revealation very special. Oh well, I still look forward to seeing where this storyling goes and maybe Scaggs & Dustin will have to add to their army now. I have fears this feud going to be stunted to the midcard, even with Vince involvement, if we got people like Holly, Gunn & Windham battling the faces. Though I understand the logic of using them since it is needed to be people who are loyal to Vince despite not being big stars. Good to see Ahmed return and come off as a bad ass again. Kurrgan v. Ahmed should be a fun build to 'Mania. Lightheavy division definitely needs something in order to spark it, maybe sign some more indy talent? I enjoyed the stuff with Kane & DX. I would almost vote for Bearer to get written out of storylines and Kane needing to go into the main event without his manager to guide him. The Bearer angle could be the type of angle to get sympathy on Kane and maybe even make him a bit of an underdog. The entire show did a good job on starting the first bricks to the road to Wrestlemania. Depending how many weeks until 'Mania, you've got some time to really build up every match on the card and make it seem like something very special. One other thing, I was a little disappionted to see LOD still in a feud with NAO. But I realize you don't really have any other face teams that are in a position to challenge for the titles.

By the way....

What happened to the Quebecers in this episode of RAW. Nowhere to be seen.

I really enjoyed the role they were playing (I was always a mark for Jaques Rougeau). What about having them get involved in the LOD/NAO feud (maybe as a tweener team)....possibly set up a 3 way Tag match at Wrestlemania. Don't just ignore them now.

By the way....

What happened to the Quebecers in this episode of RAW. Nowhere to be seen.

I really enjoyed the role they were playing (I was always a mark for Jaques Rougeau). What about having them get involved in the LOD/NAO feud (maybe as a tweener team)....possibly set up a 3 way Tag match at Wrestlemania. Don't just ignore them now.

Pretty solid Raw coming off the PPV. I enjoyed the DX abducting Bearer angle. I liked seeing Kane being kinda lost without Bearer. I liked the Vince angle with Rhodes and Scaggs. It gives people like Holly and Gunn something to do. I would like to see Rhodes and Scaggs add some people to their group. The nation stuff is going great. Things really fell apart for them on Raw. I think, Maybe, Mero could feud with someone like D'Lo? I do agree that the Light Heavyweight division some new people, Maybe WCW will fire some of their cruiserweights? (I remember WCW always having mass firings in '98 scenarios) Keep up the good work (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night - Feb. 14, 1998

Show Rating: 65

TV Rating: 0.03

• Bartholomew and Robert def. The Bushwhackers(M:26 C:58 O:43)
    • Michael Cole welcomes us to Shotgun and starts off the show with a match
    • Bart Gunn and Bob Holly are out, with new personas. They're wearing vests... and looking like they're rich folk. They're announced as Bartholomew and Robert, The Associates.
    • The Associates win via a Sidewinder on Butch.
  • Kurrgan w/ Cornette(Rating:85)
    • Jim Cornette and Kurrgan are in the studio, and Cornette is irate.
    • He talks about Ahmed Johnson being nothing more but a bug that needs to be squashed.
    • Cornette dares Ahmed to show his face on RAW, and face Kurrgan!
  • The Quebecers def. Skull & 8-Ball(M:75 C:58 O:59)
    • Quebecers win via a cannon-ball from Oulette. Yay
  • Replay of the Abduction(Rating:80)
    • Cole recaps what happened on RAW, and gives us this replay.
  • Kane def. Tom Brandi(M:63 C:73 O:62)
    • Cole segways into a Kane match, and shows that Kane is a bit lost without Bearer.
    • Brandi gives Kane a running, but Kane eventually destroys him anyway, after he regains his balance and composure.
    • Kane does his pyro, three times... and Cole says that Kane is in search of Bearer, who is yet to surface. Cole reminds us to watch Heat and RAW, and the show's over.

Decent Shotgun. Good to see Bart & Holly repackaged. I dig the 'Asscoiates' gimmick. This could lead to some really interesting things. Good to see Bushwhackers in a role they deserve, jobbing. I'm digging the Kane is lost without Bearer story. It will help Kane come off as more of a babyface without Bearer with him. Good to see some development for Ahmed & Kurrgan. I'm guessing it will be a pretty big mid card contest for 'Mania. My money is for a big Kurrgan win for that one. Look forward to seeing where you continue for the road to 'Mania. Curious to see what Austin's role will be for 'Mania. I'm sure he will be used. Keep up the good work.

WWF Sunday Night Heat - Feb.15, 1998

Show Rating: 74

TV Rating: 5.48

• Abduction Replay(Rating: 86)
    • Heat opens with Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly recapping the Bearer abduction on TV.
    • Cole then says that Bearer is yet to be found and Kane is on a mean streak.
  • Taka Michinoku def. Suicidal Kidd(M:100 C:67 O:83)
    • Great match between the two stars. Kidd is slowly developing a heel-like persona.
    • Kidd tries some cheating tactics. But Michinoku will have none of it.
    • Cole and Kelly talk about Dustin Rhodes and Charlie Scaggs and their feud with Mr. McMahon.
    • Michinoku hits with the Michinoku driver and gets the 3-count and the win.
  • LOD Interview(Rating:76)
    • Cole informs us that tomorrow night, the tag-team titles will be up for grabs as the LOD attempt to take the titles away from the NAO.
    • Hawk and Animal are in a taped interview.
    • Usual stuff. "What a rrrrush!"
  • Kurrgan def. Bradshaw(M:36 C:55 O:49)
    • Kurrgan beats Bradshaw in record time, but surprising the huge texan via a big boot to the face.
    • Cornette steps into the ring and celebrates with his client.
  • Jeff Jarrett Interview(Rating: 84)
    • JJ is in a taped interview. Cole says that tommorow night on RAW, JJ and Kane will be teaming up to face HHH and HBK.
    • JJ talks about HHH not being able to face the fact that he made HHH submit during IYH. JJ said that HHH had to resort to hitting him with a chair to eliminate him.
    • JJ says that HHH got what he deserved, and that tommorow night on RAW, he'll gladly serve up another guitar shot if he wants.
  • The Quebecers def. The Can-Am Connection(M:68 C:58 O:63)
    • The Quebecers win easily.
    • Cole and Kelly talk about the Nation during the match, and how none of the Nation members have been seen since last Monday Night's debacle.
    • Cole says that tommorow night will be a huge night to determine the future of the Nation.
  • DX Interview(Rating:88)
    • HBK and HHH are in a taped segment.
    • HBK talks about missing people, and HHH reminds him that Paul Bearer was missing.
    • HBK says that he's got the biggest brains in the business, and that Kane might be big and strong, but he could match wit-for-wit with HBK.
    • Kane loves to play mind-games? HBK says that he plays better mind games. He has an ace up his sleeve, and that ace was Paul Bearer.
    • HHH focuses on JJ, and says that JJ pearl-harbored him last week. The guitar shot came out of nowhere, against a weakened and battered HHH.
    • HHH tells JJ to bring his guitar along, because he's going to stick that guitar where the sun don't shine.
    • DX is here to stay, says HBK, and noone... NOONE can make them go away.
  • Kane def. Chainz(M:72 C:67 O:69)
    • Kane slaughters Chainz, and does his 'lost' bit.
    • Cole says that Shawn Michaels will have hell to pay.

WWF Monday Night RAW - Feb. 16, 1998

Show Rating: 76

RAW TV Rating: 5.05

Nitro TV Rating: 5.87

IPB Image
  • Brian Christopher insults Taka(Rating:63)
    • JR welcomes us to RAW! Tonight, the tag-team titles will be defended as the New Age Outlaws defend against the Legion of Doom!
    • JR adds that the main event of the evening, Kane and Jeff Jarrett taking on Shawn Michaels and Hunter Hearst Helmsley!
    • We cut backstage to Brian Christopher, who is being interviewed by Michael Cole.
    • BC talks about mexicans and japanese, saying that they're little people who need to be taught a lesson.
    • BC says that Mr. Aguila is similar to a mexican jumping bean, while Taka Michinoku is a slit-eyed ricer. (oooh that'll get a reprimand from the cencors)
    • BC says that if everyone wants to gang up on him, then they can feel free, because he's 100% American, and Americans are too cool for school. Right.
  • Brian Christopher def. Mr. Aguila(M:69 C:60 O:64)
    • Average match. Some decent spots, but it seems like BC is not as good a high-flyier as the rest of the LHW division.
    • BC gets the pin after a piledriver on Aguila. Taka runs down the ring and JR says that he might have taken exception to BC's statements earlier. Not like he could understand a word of english, says Jerry Lawler.
    • Taka lays it on BC! But BC fights back and manages to poke Taka in the eyes. The crowd boos as BC smashes the LHW Title on Taka's forehead.
  • Vince McMahon wants Rhodes DONE(Rating:86)
    • WWF Owner/Chairman Vince McMahon is backstage, with Barry Windham, Bart Gunn and Bob Holly... all wearing neat vests. He refers to them as Barry, Bartholomew and Robert, the McMahon Associates.
    • Vince talks about repercussions, and last week Rhodes and Scaggs suffered the repercussions of their incessant complaining and rebelious nature.
    • Vince says that tonight, Associate Barry is going to teach Dustin Rhodes a lesson that he will never forget. Oooooh.
    • Simple, but effective. Look for McMahon to have more of an active role now that he's got this character.
  • Associate Barry def. Dustin Rhodes(M:66 C:74 O:71)
    • Rhodes walks out with Charlie Scaggs to big cheers from the crowd. Yay. His persona is really getting over.
    • Windham, Gunn and Holly get boos, but not much heat.
    • Decent match, nothing special, but the crowd was into it nonetheless. Rhodes is earning himself a following.
    • Associate Bartholomew distracts the referee by fighting with Charlie Scaggs at ringside, and Associate Robert lowblows Rhodes for the interference win by Barry.
    • 3 on 2 brawl ensues, but the faces manage to thwart the Associates. Yay. The heels regroup and retreat backstage.
    • JR says that Rocky Maivia and Marc Mero are going one on one NEXT!
  • Ken Shamrock is assaulted backstage!(Rating:69)
    • Ken Shamrock, the IC champ is walking backstage!
    • And the Nation appear from behind, taking Shamrock by surprise!
    • Kama Mustafa, Mark Henry and D'Lo brown all gang up on Shamrock, using various foreign objects! A trash can is thrown into the mix, and Shamrock is DOWN!
    • Backstage staff are soon able to control the situation, but the damage is done.
    • EMTs rush into the scene and Shamrock is attended to.
  • Rocky Maivia def. Marc Mero(M:85 C:79 O:82)
    • Good match, Rocky and Mero fed off of each other.
    • No nation members were at ringside.
    • Mero almost got the win via a 450 splash, but Rocky rolled out of the way and covered Mero by pulling the tights!
    • The crowd boos as Rocky grabs the win!
  • We are the Nation!(Rating:83)
    • The Nation's music starts playing, and here comes Farooq, Mark Henry, D'Lo Brown and Kama Mustafa!
    • Rocky is smiling as he sees his group walk in, seems like they managed to work through their differences?
    • Farooq gets on the mic. He says that last week, they were sidetracked by a lot of mistrust and in-fighting.
    • Farooq says that this week, they did what they came here to do, and that was to reestablish the Nation as a dominant faction in the WWF
    • Rocky grabs the mic, and says that despite all the fighting, all the weak links in the chain, the Nation is solid! The Nation is strong!
    • Farooq grabs the mic back. He says that that's true. There are weak links in the chain... and they needed to be removed. Problems HAD to be solved.
    • Farooq turns to D'Lo Brown... "D'Lo..." And then he turns around and smashes the microphone into Rocky's forehead!
    • The Nation gang up on Rocky! JR is going nuts! The crowd is stunned silent!
    • Mark Henry hits a belly-to-belly! Kama picks Rocky up and hits a DVD! D'Lo goes up the top and hits a frog-splash! Rocky is out! Farooq takes Rocky, and slaps him in the face! He sets him up, DOMINATOR! Rocky is down!
    • Farooq grabs the mic again. "Problem... SOLVED."
  • Ahmed Johnson def. Savio Vega(M:78 C:67 O:72)
    • Ahmed Johnson squashes Savio Vega in a good enough match carried by Vega.
    • After the match, Kurrgan walked out with Jim Cornette. Backstage staff RUN in front of Kurrgan, to stop the behemoth.
    • Ahmed is daring Kurrgan to step into the ring, but Kurrgan chooses not to (he could have easily taken over all them staff and marched into the ring)
    • The situation is defused when Cornette calls Kurrgan off and leave.
  • WWF Tag Team Title Match: New Age Outlaws def. The Legion of Doom(M:77 C:81 O:79)
    • It's time for the Tag Team Title Match! JR says it's gonna' be a SLOBBERKNOCKER!
    • The Challengers, LOD are out first. They get a sizable pop from the crowd.
    • NAO are out, and the crowd boos them... but they get less fan reaction compared to LOD.
    • Hawk and Animal dominate the start of the match, suing their brute strength and power to overcome the Outlaws
    • Gunn and Road Dogg are able to isolate Hawk, and take turns beating him up, exexcuting several double-team maneuvers.
    • Hawk hot-tags to Animal! Animal takes over! It's bonzo-gonzo! All four men are brawling!
    • Gunn gets thrown out, LOD set Road Dogg up for the DOOMSDAY DEVICE! Gunn jumps on the apron with a chair, but the ref stops him.
    • Here's the Quebecers, and they shove Hawk out of the top rope! Animal drops Road Dogg and heads towards the interfering Canadians, Road Dogg hits a low blow!
    • Animal doubles over and Road Dogg covers as the Quebecers assault Hawk outside! The ref counts to three! It's over! Outlaws retain!
    • And it's a 4-on-2 beatdown on LOD! Yikes!
  • Kane leaves!(Rating:80)
    • Backstage, we see Kane walking through the hallway, ready for his tag-match with JJ against HBK and HHH.
    • But then we hear a voice! It's Bearer! It's Paul Bearer! Kane spins around to see where it came from.
    • Kane is searching, until he reaches the Parking lot!
    • We see Bearer tied behind a DX Pick-Up truck! It races out... and Kane follows suit... ON FOOT!
    • JR asks what's going to happen in the Main Event now that Kane has left the building!
  • Shawn Michaels & Hunter Hearst Helmsley def. Jeff Jarrett(M:86 C:88 O:87)
    • Jeff Jarrett is out, and he does not look pleased. He knows he must fight HBK and HHH on his own tonight, with LOD disposed of earlier, and Kane MIA.
    • HBK and HHH are out, they've got big-ass smiles on their faces. Chyna is not with them, and JR assumes that Chyna was driving the pick-up!
    • HHH and JJ start off, and it is an uphill battle all-throughout for JJ
    • JJ endures the double-teaming by HBK and HHH, refusing to lose.
    • JJ kicks out at every pinfall attempt by DX, and the frustration on HBK and HHH's faces are showing.
    • The fight spills outside, JJ is thrown into the railing, and the fight spills into the crowd!
    • HHH and HBK double-team JJ, and they bring it back into the ring.
    • JJ attempts a miracle comeback, but is thwarted by a low blow from HHH, that the ref does not see.
    • HHH gloats a bit and wastes valuable minutes. HHH sets up for the Pedigree... but Jarrett counters into a back-drop!
    • HHH tags in HBK, and JJ crawls to his feet... HBK set him up... SWEET CHIN MUSIC! JJ is down!
    • HBK covers... one...two... three! JJ is out! HHH jumps off the apron and gets something from under the ring... it's a guitar!
    • HBK holds JJ up... and HHH swings... KABONG! JJ is demolished by that vicious guitar shot! JJ is down! The crowd boos as DX raises their arms in victory. Jim Ross calls DX no-good sons-of-bitches (bleeped) and the show ends!

Good show Wrestling Suicide. I loved the interferance from the Quebecers in the Tag Title match. Those two would really benefit from a feud (or at least a high profile match) against LOD. It is time (just as it was in real life) for the Outlaws to move on to other matters.

I really like how you are building up Jarrett. Fighting both HBK and HHH made him look strong, but you always knew that DX would win. However the after match shot adds more to the equation. I'm looking forward to Jarrett beating HHH and getting ready for a real run at HBK, and maybe a title run.

However, I thought that the turn by the Nation on the Rock could have been held off a little longer. I'm glad you didn't just repeat the real life events of the Rock taking over the Nation, but his character needed a little more development. That turn may have been better suited for a PPV event (ie: after a match at Wrestlemania, or even during a match). But I look forward to the Rock's revenge on the Nation. Perhaps having the Nation's problems continue, and Farooq kicking others out of the group could make it more intriguing (ie: kick out D-Lo or Mark Henry, and that person allies with the Rock for a Nation vs Nation feud).

Keep up the good work

P.S. Could "Barry" be changed to something else mnore in line with the other associates?

"Barrence."

I'd laugh so hard if you did it.

Anyway, I'm pretty much a silent fan of this, but a fan nonetheless. I'm fully behind Jeff Jarrett and will rejoice the day he becomes WWF Champion. I also agree the Nation's betrayal of Rocky could've been drawn out a bit. I really don't see Rock gaining much traction from it as it only serves to make the Nation stronger. That, though, could ultimately be more interesting than a Rocky ascension to the main event. Perhaps Faarooq finds his way into the title scene.

After all, Jarrett will have to fight somebody.

Keep up the good work. :)

Barrence? Barnaby? :)

Isn't Barry an upper-crust name already, though? :)

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night - Feb. 21, 1998

Show Rating: 70

TV Rating: 0.04

• Full Throttle def. The Headbangers(M:81 C:48 O:64)
    • The Headbangers are out first, and Full Throttle debuts.
    • Sexton Hardcastle (Adam Copeland) and Roderick Steele (Sean Morley) are out to a high-energy rock theme.
    • Full Throttle makes short work of the Headbangers and hits a good looking tag-team move, the "Sonic Boom", a combination DVD/Neckbreaker.
  • Full Throttle on the mic(Rating:60)
    • Steele takes the microphone. He introduces himself and his tag partner.
    • They're here to take the WWF tag team division by storm.
    • Hardcastle takes the mic and says that they're going straight to the top,
    • Steele says that Full Throttle is Balls to the Walls, Pedal to the Medal and there's no derailing their way straight to the tag-team titles.
    • Yay?
  • Replay of NOD destroying Rocky Maivia(Rating:80)
    • Rocky gets to turn face... and the Nation look bad ass.
  • Replay of Kane leaving / HHH and Michaels assaulting JJ (Rating:89)
    • Highlights of the beatdown JJ received from DX, and Kane leaving him to rescue Bearer.
  • Associate Barry def. Tom Brandi(M:62 C:66 O:64)
    • SQUASH! Assoc. Barry wins via a sleeperhold. How nice.
    • Cole reminds us to watch Heat tommorow night!

Great to see some more development in the tag team division. Glad you didn't just go with "Edge" etc, but teamed Copeland and Morley together, and have given them new persona's. This is great development, and a good sign for the devcelopment of your diary.

B.T.W: Barry could be short for Barnabus

Great to see some more development in the tag team division. Glad you didn't just go with "Edge" etc, but teamed Copeland and Morley together, and have given them new persona's. This is great development, and a good sign for the devcelopment of your diary.

B.T.W: Barry could be short for Barnabus

WWF Sunday Night Heat - Feb.22, 1998

Show Rating: 75

TV Rating: 5.49

• Brian Christopher Interview (Rating:62)
    • Brian Christopher is in a taped interview, talking to Michael Cole.
    • He says that Taka has been going around with his agent, asking for a rematch against him for the Light-heavyweight Title.
    • No chance, he says... the Title stays with the Coolest Cat in the WWF, and that's him.
  • Taka Michinoku def. Suicidal Kidd (M:100 C:73 O:86)
    • Another magnificent outing from both Michinoku and the Suicidal Kidd. The fans are really digging the LHW division right now, as small as it is.
    • High-spots galore, and it's pretty obvious that the WWF wants more high-risk moves done by their wrestlers
    • Michinoku had the Michinoku Driver ready, until BC runs down the ramp to distract him.
    • Suicidal Kidd hits Taka from the back and delivers a Tiger Suplex to grab the win.
    • BC laughs maniacally outside while SK rolls out and gives him a high-five. The crowd boos as taka gets up, and looks mighty, MIGHTY frustrated.
  • Nation Interview (Rating:82)
    • The Nation are in a taped interview, Farooq, D'Lo, Kama and Mark Henry.
    • Farooq says that last week, they removed the problem that was tearing the Nation apart.
    • Rocky Maivia turned out to be a snot-nosed punk that needed to be taught a lesson.
    • D'Lo says that all Rocky ever did was hog the limelight... when it was clear that he only cared for himself.
    • Farooq says that anyone who gets in the Nation's way would be demolished, humiliated and destroyed.
  • Farooq & Mark Henry def. The Bushwhackers (M:51 C:65 O:60)
    • The two biggest men in the Nation destroy the Bushwhackers. Ouch.
    • D'Lo and Kama run in to add insult to injury, and the 4-on-2 dismantling of them guys from New Zealand goes on until backstage staff run in and break things up.
  • Quebecers interview (Rating:76)
    • OY! Quebecers!
    • Ray Rougeau says that the Legion of Doom have had chance after chance of winning the Tag Titles, but what have the Quebecers had? NOTHING!
    • It's ABOOT time that the CANADEEENS get their shot at the title.
    • Ray says that the Quebecers will go through anyone... anywhere to get a shot at the Outlaws... even the LOD. Ooooh.
  • New Age Outlaws def. Skull & 8-Ball (M:79 C:65 O:72)
    • Squash. 8-ball and Skull are just fodder right now.
  • Replay of Kane/JJ/DX segment (Rating:84)
    • Replay of last week's segment.
  • Marc Mero def. D'Lo Brown (M:89 C:68 O:78)
    • Mero and Brown have themselves a nice match. Yay.
    • Mero manages to win! Woohoo. But here comes the Nation again!
    • BEAT DOWN! They leave Mero half-dead inside the ring. EMT's rush in... and the Nation seem to have stamped their mark on tonight's show. Cole reminds us to watch RAW tommorow night!

Quebecers interview

OY! Quebecers!

Ray Rougeau says that the Legion of Doom have had chance after chance of winning the Tag Titles, but what have the Quebecers had? NOTHING!

It's ABOOT time that the CANADEEENS get their shot at the title.

Ray says that the Quebecers will go through anyone... anywhere to get a shot at the Outlaws... even the LOD. Ooooh.

In case you haven't read the entire thread, Ray debuted as the Quebecer's manager sometime in between Jan-Feb. The Quebecers in my game are Jacques and Pierre (Carl Oulette) and are managed by Ray.

:)