Movie Adaptations

MalaCloudy Black

Guest NotMeekin

Ethan Frome blows.

You know, I understand that the Lord of the Rings Trilogy has some good novelizations, by some token guy? any good?

and on the thinner note- if you read the book, they steal a car from the town of bridgewater in massachusetts, and they steal some weird car. the thing is, the day the book came out, my dads car of the SAME EXACT make was stolen

Trainspotting and Fight Club.

Like nearly every other person on the planet I saw the film of Fight Club first and the book is pretty much the same, only with more stuff of course and even better! Palhaniuk is a great author!

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

How NOT to adapt a book into a movie:

Queen of the damned.

Those who read the book and saw the movie know exactly what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Just saw Misery, and I must say, it's one of the best book to movie adaptations I've ever seen. The main premise of the story stays there, and only minor details are left out (except for the way Annie kills a cop in the book is much cooler than the way she kills that old sheriff in the movie... My main gripe. Why the hell was such a sheriff when in the book there's no such character? Oh well, it's all good in the end). I liked it very much.

Edited by Y2Johnny