Shadow of the Collossus

kliq

• Admin

Is it true that this game has been put back until Febuary (UK)? :( I really wanted it for Christmas. :blink:

I'm going to have to get something else instead. I'm currently getting God of War and Path of Neo, is Spartan: Total Warrior any good? Dose anyone have any other recommendations for these types of games?

• Admin

Spartan:Total Warrior is prettty sweet. I did only get to play the first level though, but I'd recommend it to you just off that, just as I would anyone God Of War (which again, I'd only played the first level of).

Woo, I've heard really good things about God of War from others too, looking forward to playing it.

Woo, I've heard really good things about God of War from others too, looking forward to playing it.

God Of War is an incredibly fun game, but it's pretty simplistic once you get past the first few levels. I need to rent that out again some time, the ship level was cool as fuck.

Shadow of the Colossus was... meh. I heard all of the praise and what not for it, and as others figured it would be similar to Zelda. Only slightly in execution. The controls are awkward and not nearly as fluid as they should be. And battles with the colossi can be exciting a bit but I never experienced the awe that others did. Some of such obvious patterns. Replay value is nil almost as well.

It's a game with a gimmick. I was more intimidated by the first boss in God of War. Scared the bejesus out of me when I got to the "main" part. Which might I add, is an excellent choice. I've only personally gotten about half way through (still have the other half left) but the combat is satisfying and a fair amount of the puzzles had me scratching my head at first. Kaneanite is right on the simplistic side but eh, the atmosphere and everything just reeks of greatness.

Have you thought about looking into the new Prince of Persia game? I'm not sure when it comes out in the UK, but it should be a good choice for that style of game (liberal amounts of combat with good puzzles).

Both SotC and GoW are amazing games although I would say I liked SotC more even though GoW is one of my favorite PS2 games. People should know SotC is one of those like it or love it games. If you have played ICO get SotC.