WWF 1995

WWF Superstars (15/01/1995)

Giant Gonzalez vs. Adam Bomb w/The Million Dollar Team

Gonzalez immediately goes to work on Adam Bomb with hard stiff right hands, staggering the 6' 10'' superstar. A Big Boot follows up and Adam spins over the top rope and crashes to the ground as Ted DiBiase, Jeff Jarrett, Crush and The Barbarian scurry away from him. They help him up then he gets back in the ring.

DiBiase distracts Gonzalez by getting on the ring apron and Adam Bomb tries to capitalize by firing away with mean right hands, but they are no match for Gonzalez as he locks Adam in a Bearhug. After around 15 seconds, Adam taps out.

After the bout, The entire Million Dollar Team swarm over Gonzalez and beat him down. All of a sudden, SGT. SLAUGHTER emerges from the curtan and takes out DiBiase and Crush with a flagpole. The British Bulldog appears and takes care Jeff Jarrett and Barbarian both at once.

After the ring is clear of all The Million Dollar Team except Crush, he and Gonzalez have a heated staredown, until Gonzalez knocks out Slaughter out of nowhere with a huge Big Boot. The Million Dollar Team return to the ring and celebrate as he joins the Stable.

All except Crush.

Winner: Giant Gonzalez

Authority Angle

Gorilla Monsoon sits at his desk in the WWF President's office.

Gorilla: I some bad news for the WWF fans. WWF Superstar and member of Shawn Michaels' stable, The Clique - Hunter Hearst Helmsley - broke his left leg in a match in Texas on Wednesday.

[Video footage of the last couple of minutes of the match are played while Gorilla still speaks]

Gorilla: It is going to be a long wait for Helmsley to return - it will be around seven to eight months before we see Helmsley in the ring again. Get well soon, Hunter. Thank you, that is all.

Brutus Beefcake Interview

Brutus talks about La Parka.

Brutus: Well you know when the draw for the Royal Rumble was made - I was, most disappointed, to find out that I was not on the list! So once again I don't get to go on and win the thing so I can become WWF Champion for the first time. But another thing I noticed Gene was that, La Parka's, name was also, not on, the list. So let's get down to business, come on Parka I know you're watchin'. Yeah you're watching - so listen good. You and me - The Royal Rumble. Get my drift? Good.

Brutus walks off.

Crush w/Million Dollar Team vs. Big Bossman w/Tatanka

Crush walks to the ring wary of the huge Giant Gonzalez behind him. He looks most disgusted as he gets into the ring.

Bossman starts off though, with hard right hands on Crush. But Crush fights back with rights of his own then shots to the stomach. Crush hits a mule kick on Bossman to the stomach, knocking him over. Tatanka tries to cheer on Bossman, but Crush continues to beat him down.

Bossman counters a Double Axe Handle from the top rope and nails him with a shot to the stomach as he flies down. Bossman pounds away at Crush then smacks him with a headbutt. Crush gets back into the match though and punches Bossman in the face then whips him off the ropes. Bossman reverses the whip at the last second, and Giant Gonzalez, trying to grab Bossman's foot, grabs Crush's. Crush takes a swing at Gonzalez but he steps back and holds his hands up as DiBiase shouts at Crush.

Bossman rests in the corner as the two biggest men in the stable have an argument. And just like that, Crush has been counted out.

Winner: Big Bossman by count-out

HBK talks trash before his match

Shawn Michaels, along with Razor Ramon, appears ahead of his match with Mr. Perfect and Marty Jannetty.

HBK: Well, you know, I feel a little under the weather tonight, [fans boo] so I'm not going to be wrestling my match tonight. I'm going to sit down at ringside, with the best seat in the house, and watch Razor here, get the job done.

Out from behind them, Marty Janetty appears and dropkicks Shawn Michaels in the back. Razor tries to mount an attack on Jannetty but Marty hits another dropkick. Marty grabs Shawn and takes him down to the ring.

Mr. Perfect vs. Marty Jannetty vs. Shawn Michaels

for the WWF Intercontinental Championship

Jannetty punches and kicks away at HBK in the corner, he lays gasping for air. Jannetty pulls him into the centre of the ring then smacks him with a huge Clothesline. He goes for the cover but Mr. Perfect hasn't turned up yet - so the match hasn't properly started.

Marty stomps away at HBK then throws him over the top rope. As Marty walks over to the announce position to get a weapon of some kind, HBK wastes no time and clotheslines Marty onto the announce table, staggering your announcers, J.R. and Vince McMahon.

Mr. Perfect makes a sneaky entrance while the two are brawling and crawls in the ring. The bell sounds as the two are still brawling around the announce position. Marty smacks HBK in the chest a couple of times - then rams his head into the steps. Mr. Perfect grabs Jannetty by the hair from inside the ring, allowing HBK to capitalise and throw Jannetty into the ring. But as HBK climbs in, Perfect nails him with a huge right hand.

Perfect then focuses on Jannetty, wearing him down with a Sleeper Hold. HBK strides in and smacks Jannetty with the Sweet Chin Music while the hold is applied. Perfect gets hit as well though and strikes the turnbuckles as Jannetty clotheslines HBK out of nowhere.

At the end of the bout, Jannetty and Michaels double team Mr. Perfect and take him out of the match but Michaels hits Jannetty with the second Sweet Chin Music. Perfect comes in and breaks up the cover and abruptly wraps up the match with a Perfect Plex.

Winner: Mr. Perfect

Ric Flair Interview

Ric Flair talks about the upcoming match.

Flair: Well well well here I am, once again, talking about The Undertaker, WOOO, and how he's gonna be beaten, just like I did two weeks ago. And now, my old pal and former tag team partner, Lion Heart, is gonna do the same, and that's the reason, that I'm going to be sitting at ringside! WOOO!

Lion Heart walks in.

Lion Heart: I'd just like to say that they don't get any bigger or better than Ric Flair [Flair smiles] and they certainly don't get any dingier or gloomier than The Undertaker! And as much as I would like to have you in my corner, I know the situation you are going through with Taker, I was there not long ago, the answer is no. [Flair's smile flattens out] I've got to do this alone and I'm gonna prove that I can still beat The Undertaker.

Flair looks angry as Lion Heart walks off.

The Undertaker vs. Lion Heart

Lion Heart starts off with tremendous pace - bombarding The Undertaker with forearms and kicks at the start of the bout. The Undertaker replies with three huge uppercut shots on Lion Heart - he grabs Lion Heart by the throat but he kicks him in the stomach then amazingly suplexes The Undertaker - but he gets straight back up.

Ric Flair slowly makes his way down to the ring as Lion Heart is distracted. Undertaker capitalizes and beats away at Lion Heart and chokes him down in the middle of the ring. The Undertaker throws Lion Heart down and then stalks Ric Flair around the ring. Adjusting his gloves as he walks, The Undertaker sprints with tremendous speed and grabs Flair.

He takes Flair and throws him into the ringpost as Lion Heart jumps on the back of Taker, locking in a Sleeper Hold. Undertaker wriggles out of the move, props Lion Heart on his shoulder and slams him onto the mats below.

Undertaker drags Lion Heart into the ring and hits a legdrop. He tries for a pin but only gets a two count. Lion Heart counters and locks Undertaker in an armbar for about 5 seconds before the hold is countered - Undertaker grabs Lion Heart by the throat and hoists him up for a powerful Chokeslam for the three count.

Ric Flair runs into the ring and chops away at The Undertaker, Lion Heart kicks Taker while Ric Flair hits a chop so hard he falls backwards and gets caught and tied up in the ropes. Flair gets a steel chair and holds it in front of The Undertaker's face, Lion Heart speeds in and dropkicks the chair into the face of The Undertaker.

Winner: The Undertaker

Edited by andrethegiantstopfan

Monday Night Raw Spoiler for 16th January 1995

Crush vs. Giant Gonzalez - Ted DiBiase blasted Crush on Superstars last night after he tried to attack fellow Million Dollar Team member Giant Gonzalez. Will their "friendly feud" cause total destruction for The Million Dollar Team just days before The Royal Rumble?

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Diesel w/The Clique - Two mammoths get it on in what looks to be a competitive match-up tonight.

Demolition vs. The Von Erichs vs. Native American Lawmen for the Tag Team Championship - Three mega-popular fan favourite teams collide in this three way match. With Native American Lawmen going into the Royal Rumble facing the Hart Foundation - will they play a part in the Tag Team Championship deciding?

Wild Pegasus vs. Goldust - The old feud could re-heat in this match. Rhodes ended up with a broken nose the last time they hooked up - will Rhodes intend to do the same thing to him tonight?

Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart - The family feud never went off the boil since 1993 and the two have beat each other down at any opportunity. With Owen going to the Rumble to face The Undertaker - will Bret soften him up for Taker to get an easy job at the Rumble?

Ric Flair and Arn Anderson vs. Ted DiBiase and The Undertaker - Flair and The Undertaker will surely take this opportunity to attack each other once again. With Ted DiBiase leading The Million Dollar Team, will they make an impact in the outcome of this bout?

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Rumble Card Settled

January 22nd, 1995 -

>> La Parka vs. Brutus Beefcake vs. IRS

>> Eddy Guerrero vs. Jerry Lynn

The Clique vs. The Million Dollar Team

>> Diesel vs. Bob Backlund

Tag Team Championship

>> Native American Lawmen vs. The Hart Foundation

No Holds Barred

>> Randy Savage vs. Robbie V

WWF Championship Match

>> The Undertaker vs. Owen Hart

>> The 30-man Royal Rumble Match

Including: Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, 1-2-3 Kid, Bret Hart, Goldust [Rhodes], The British Bulldog, Sabu, Lion Heart, Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, Crush, Arn Anderson, Unknown P, Wild Pegasus, Ax, Smash, Jake Roberts, Diesel, Marty Jannetty [sub. for HHH], Big Bossman, Tatanka, Kevin Von Erich, Kerry Von Erich, Ted DiBiase, Adam Bomb, Jeff Jarrett, Mr. Perfect, Mick Foley.... and one mystery guest.

History of the Rumble

Over the seven years that The Royal Rumble has been running, it has always been one of the most well-liked Pay Per Views ever created. It's the one time in the year that you get to see 30 of the Federation's top talent mixing it up. It's the ultimate push for someone who has been fighting in the lower ranks to come and win the Royal Rumble - their quest for stardom begins here. The Rumble elevates careers, and while people may not win the bout, their hour long top notch performances will be etched into the memories of fans forever.

Here's a look back at the past three Royal Rumbles.

Royal Rumble 1992

The late Andre The Giant [#20] would emerge the winner; eventually eliminating The Undertaker [#25]. But remembered more than this perhaps is the performances dealt out by Hulk Hogan (entering #1), Diesel (#2) and Hunter Hearst Helmsley (#8). Hogan was in the thick of the battle, to be precise, around 53 minutes, before being eliminated by Roddy Piper. Diesel battled with rival [then] Shawn Michaels after cleaning the ring apart from Hulk, and lasted around 37 minutes. Hunter Hearst Helmsley [then a fan favourite] made an impact by eliminating Diesel and Jim Duggan in a space of two minutes, and got into a bitter war with entrant Steve Austin, who he fought earlier in the night [#17] and the two escaped the ring without being eliminated, but neither man returned, ending HHH's run at 22 minutes.

Also on the card:

Hunter Hearst Helmsley def. Steve Austin

The Nasty Boys def. The Natural Disasters to win the Tag Team Championship

Steel Cage Match

Ax def. Crush

Jake Roberts def. Jim Duggan

Royal Rumble 1993

Ric Flair [#14] won the Royal Rumble in '93, eliminating Bret Hart [#30]. Fans were on Flair's side, despite him being one of the most hated on the roster at the time, because Bret, prior to the match, turned on his brother Owen in a Tag Team Match. The longest performance went to Mr. Perfect [#4] with a 51 minute performance that meant he was one of the last eliminated. Giant Gonzalez [#15] hoped to follow in Andre's footsteps and use his power to eliminate people all the time, but he was eliminated by Mr. Perfect, Scotty The Body, Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Smash and Ax after a matter of exactly 17 seconds.

Also on the card:

Kerry Von Erich def. Dynamite Kid

The Nasty Boys def. Bret & Owen Hart to retain the Tag Team Championship

Sting def. Randy Savage to retain the WWF Championship

Royal Rumble 1994

Randy Savage [#11] would emerge as the victor of this Rumble , after a mammoth one on one battle with Lion Heart [#22], but Lion Heart came back into the ring and while many fans thought he would assault The Macho Man, he extended his hand for a sportsmanship-like handshake. The winner made the longest performance too - around 43 minutes, closely seconded by The 1-2-3 Kid [#9] who made 36 minutes. Crush [#1] made the shortest, eliminated by number 2 entrant Jake Roberts almost immediately after the opening bell.

Also on the card:

No Holds Barred

Cactus Jack def. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

The Von Erichs def. The Quebecers to win the Tag Team Championship

1-2-3 Kid def. Sir Steven Regal

Unknown P def. Perry Saturn

Hulk Hogan def. The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels to retain the WWF Championship

WWF Monday Night Raw (16/01/1995)

Crush vs. Giant Gonzalez

Crush storms in the ring with a large percentage of the crowd cheering him - he looks up and talks trash to Gonzalez, who in turn shoves Crush backwards. Crush powers back with a push of his own that barely stumbles Giant Gonzalez.

Gonzalez retaliates and pounds away at Crush, sending him down to a knee. Crush powers back with shots to the stomach but Gonzalez stuns Crush with a headbutt.

As the two continue to bitterly fight, Ted DiBiase and Jeff Jarrett sprint to ringside and get in the ring. DiBiase tries to tame Gonzalez while Jarrett talks to Crush. Crush immediately starts kicking and punching Jarrett, causing DiBiase to attack him from behind and lock in the Million Dollar Dream.

Even though the bell is sounded, they continue fighting. DiBiase relinquishes the hold and clotheslines Crush. Gonzalez rests against the ropes then shoots forward, Splashing Crush.

Winner: Crush by DQ

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Diesel w/The Clique

Bam Bam starts off immediately, pounding away at the back of Diesel. Diesel uses some knees to the abdomen to try to get back in the fight, but Bam Bam rams Diesel back into the corner and chops away at him. At that moment, 1-2-3 Kid jumps up on the apron, and gets hiptossed into the ring and then gets knocked down again by a right hand from Bigelow.

Diesel shoots out of the corner and floors Bam Bam with a clothesline. He then uses mounted punches to tire Bigelow, but he gets up fairly quickly. Diesel uses straight right hands and then kicks Bigelow in the stomach and sets him up for the Jackknife - only to be backdropped out of the move by Bam Bam.

1-2-3 Kid runs in but gets hit with a big kick to the stomach as he charges in. Diesel tries a Big Boot but he accidently hits the referee. Diesel knocks down Bigelow with a clothesline but he gets straight back up and Diesel tries another Big Boot - but Bigelow grabs his leg.

At that second Shawn Michaels slides into the ring and nails Bigelow with the Sweet Chin Music, knocking him off his feet. Diesel drops a leg drop and the groggy referee slowly counts to three.

Winner: Diesel

Demolition Interview

Ax and Smash stand poised for their upcoming Tag Team match. Ax starts in his usual shouting voice.

Ax: Once again, Demolition, have the chance to win the ultimate prize. The symbol, of being the best tag team in the world. 'Cos we are. Now we just need proof. We will be Tag Team champions for the fourth time.

Smash: Let's go, [tongue out] errrrrrrrrrr!

Ax and Smash walk out of the Interview area, and are jumped by Crush turning a corner.

Crush: How you doing?

Ax: We're in our prime! We're better than we have EVER been and I don't think you want us to prove it.

Crush: Hey, calm down. I'm just here to wish you good luck for your Tag Title match which is up next. Although we had some issues since, we used to be the best stable in the world.

Smash: You're stuck in the past Crush, we don't care what happened in 1990 or just five minutes ago, do you understand? Now we're gonna go take care of business!

Demolition vs. The Von Erichs vs. Native American Lawmen

for the WWF Tag Team Championship

Ax and The Big Bossman start off the bout, both Von Erichs are in their corner. Ax and Bossman both beat away at each other using stiff right hands and clotheslines. But Bossman would wind up getting the better of Ax and hit him with a Headbutt. Then he tagged out to Kerry Von Erich.

Kerry sped into the ring and kicked and punched away at Ax but Ax easily over-powered Kerry and slammed him. Ax dropped a number of elbow drops on Kerry before tagging out to Smash. Demolition double teamed Kerry for a while, causing Kevin to run in and try to battle Smash.

Smash throws Kevin Von Erich out of the ring then pounds away at Kerry while he is down. Kerry evades an attack and rolls up Smash for a small package, but fails to get the three count. Kerry crawls over and tags The Big Bossman.

Bossman pounds away at Smash with hard right hands then whips him off the ropes and hits a Big Boot. Ax comes in and tries to mount an assault on Bossman but he hiptosses him across the ring. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich then climb onto the top rope, and, hand-in-hand, dive off and clothesline Bossman. Tatanka runs in and clotheslines both The Von Erichs.

All three teams brawl away in the ring, Smash and Ax sneak attack Tatanka, while The Bossman is beating down both of the Von Erichs single handedly. A powerslam to Kevin leaves him not moving on the canvas. Tatanka makes a comeback against Demolition and hits Ax with the Tomahawk Chop after incapacitating Smash.

Towards the end of the match, after some sort of order had been layed down, Bossman and Kerry Von Erich are the legal men. Bossman chokeslams Kerry and then goes for the cover, but both members of Demolition storm in and break it up. Tatanka double clotheslines them and Kevin Von Erich misses an aerial attack on Tatanka as Bossman slams Kerry to the canvas for the three count.

Winners: Native American Lawmen [retain]

Bob Backlund's first appearance

Ted DiBiase paces up and down the parking lot along with Jeff Jarrett; then, a car appears, and screeches to a stop.

DiBiase: Bwahaha! Here he is!

J.R.:Wait a minute! Who is in the car?

Vince: Well it looks as if we're about to find out.

BOB BACKLUND steps out of the car and shakes hands with both Ted DiBiase and Jeff Jarrett as they all smile.

J.R.: Bob Backlund! That's former WWF Champion Bob Backlund!

Vince: It sure is, J.R. What is he doing with the likes of Ted DiBiase?

J.R.: I shudder to think, McMahon.

Bob Backlund walks into the arena with Ted DiBiase and Jeff Jarrett behind him.

Royal Rumble reminder

A graphic is played showing the date etc. of the Royal Rumble.

Goldust vs. Wild Pegasus

Goldust walks in and "heavy breathes" in Pegasus' face. Pegasus retaliates and tries a left hand shot but Goldust was ready and nails Pegasus with a hard uppercut, followed by an extremely hard clothesline. Goldust tries for the cover there and then but barely even gets a one count.

Pegasus came back into the match and nails Goldust with a clothesline of his own, followed by multiple stomps. Pegasus picks him up then knocks him straight back down, with a dropkick. Pegasus uses a falling headbutt on Goldust, which concequently, cuts open Pegasus' head slightly. Goldust sees the cut and punches him - then scrapes and claws away at the cut, making it even worse.

Goldust bounces off the ropes and tries a huge flying clothesline, but Pegasus dropped himself to the canvas, and Goldust's throat struck the top rope. Pegasus rolled up Goldust for the three count, Goldust kicked out but he was a split second too late.

Winner: Wild Pegasus

Owen Hart Interview

Owen was questioned about the following match-up with his brother Bret.

Owen: Well, you know, I've never been comfortable with this situation since that night, back at Royal Rumble '93. This is the worst thing that could ever happen to a wrestler - to have such a great bond with your brother in the ring, and then, BANG, they turn on you just like that. To everyone that that has happened to, and me, that proves a lot. It either proves that: One, they never liked you anyway, Two, they think you're stopping their career, which makes you question your ability, and Three - it proves what people's true colours are really like, and that makes the victim feel like one hell of a FOOL. And I was a fool Bret, to have ever considered you a brother.

Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart

Owen Hart runs into the ring and beats the hell out of Bret Hart right from the start. Owen kicks Bret then chokes him down in the corner, he gets in the referee's face after they tell him to stop, allowing Bret to capitalize by tripping up Owen.

Bret stomps away at Owen - tries to lock in the Sharpshooter but gets recoiled back into the turnbuckes by Owen. Owen then rolls him up for a Small Package but gets a two count only.

Bret powers back with a shot to the ribs, then a headbutt on Owen. Bret uses a Shoulderbreaker then tries once again to lock in the Sharpshooter, but Owen again escapes the hold. Owen rises up and smacks Bret with the Enziguri and locks in the Sharpshooter first time.

Bret shows no signs of tapping out and reaches the ropes - Owen breaks the hold. Bret hits a low blow then hits a Neckbreaker. Both men are down and worn out.

Bret punches away at the stomach while Owen has him in a headlock and tackles Owen to the floor before finally locking in the Sharpshooter. Owen, like Bret, does not tap out and wriggles out of the hold. Bret tries to get the cover, but Owen slowly raises a shoulder off the canvas.

Bret starts to taunt to the crowd while Owen jumps and springs to his feet. Owen walks up slowly behind Bret, spins him round, and then lifts him up onto his shoulder and nails him with a spectacular Tombstone for the three count.

Winner: Owen Hart

Video Angle

A video is played, showing highlights of Undertaker and Flair's past matches.

Ric Flair & Arn Anderson vs. Ted DiBiase & The Undertaker

Flair starts the match along with DiBiase. Flair, fast-paced, walks in and nails DiBiase with a stiff right hand, knocking Ted off his feet. He falls victim to two more after he gets up. Flair gets grabbed by Taker when he nears the corner, allowing DiBiase to nail Flair and tag Undertaker.

Undertaker immediately sprinted to the opposite corner and nailed Anderson with a Big Boot - knocking him off the apron and sending him stomach first into the top of the metal railings. Flair ran in and nailed Taker with right hands but Undertaker capitalised and slammed Flair.

Anderson powered back into the ring favouring his chest and tried to mount an attack on The Undertaker but Taker grabbed him by the throat and Chokeslammed him. Flair tried to attack Taker but was grabbed by DiBiase who locked in the Million Dollar Dream. Undertaker punched Flair in the stomach and then Tombstoned Flair to get the three count.

Winners: DiBiase & The Undertaker

INSIDE THE WRESTLING WORLD MAGAZINE January 18, 1995

WCW Fans Nowhere to be found

In a shock to WWF Owner Vince McMahon, the WCW fans who caused Sting to walk out of the World Wrestling Federation and out of America, are nowhere to be found.

It is deeply suspected that they have fled the country to escape the payment. Friends and family will make no comment on the issue whatsoever.

"The police will track them down," Vince McMahon said. "And they will pay. I've said it before, I'm not paying $900,000 for something I had nothing to do with. And I will not make the WWF's life even worse than it is at the moment by putting pressure on my roster to make their own money."

Without any trace of the WCW fans, it is a wild goose chase to find a handful of people when they could be anywhere in the world. But it is a deeply drastic move they have pulled, to flee the country over paying for something that they made up.

There will be an update on this serious issue as soon as we get it.

OTHER NEWS

WWF To Release Talent After Royal Rumble PPV

To cut costs after money is literally flowing away from the company, the World Wrestling Federation has called for the release of the following talent two shows after the Royal Rumble:

Faarooq

Jacques Rougeau

Marc Mero

Tully Blanchard

The WWF wishes them the best of luck in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

WWF Royal Rumble 1995

Your PPV Commentators are Jim Ross, Vince McMahon, and Gorilla Monsoon.

WWF Superstars Wrap-Up

Vince McMahon quickly summarises the event while footage of the matches' highlights are

played.

Demolition def. The Quebecers when Ax pinned Jacques

Robert Gibson def. Faarooq by DQ when Faarooq used a low blow

Tatanka def. Jim Neidhart after a Fallaway Slam followed by the Tomahawk Chop

Bret Hart def. Big Bossman after Owen Hart's interference backfired

WWF IC Champion Mr. Perfect def. Crush to retain

La Parka vs. Brutus Beefcake vs. IRS

La Parka immediately knocks down Brutus with a clothesline, IRS tries to attack him but he

gets a dropkick sending him over the top rope. Brutus powers in though and launches

through the air grounding Parka with a clothesline of his own, then he hits him with multiple

right hands.

IRS emerges through the bottom ropes and nails Brutus with an axe handle and then locks

him in a headlock. Brutus powers out of the move and back suplexes IRS, then tries for a

cover but Parka kicks him in the face before he can apply the pin.

Brutus then pounds away at Parka and throws him out of the ring, to be met with a huge

right hand from IRS as he turns around. IRS goes for the pin but only gets a two count. As

IRS stomps away at Brutus, La Parka jumps onto the ring arpon, then onto the top rope and

launches through the air towards IRS, but he ducks and Parka's jaw strikes the turnbuckle.

As IRS slowly paces over to finish off Parka, Brutus sneaks up behind, does his old

trademark "Sleep" taunt and locks in the Sleeper Hold. Parka is not moving, and IRS is in the

hold for a good 45 seconds before he gives up.

Winner: Brutus Beefcake

Interview with Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect is asked about his Royal Rumble number.

Perfect: Well you people sure are a nosey bunch, but as Mr. Perfect is the only perfect

human being on this planet, I'm going to give you a little information about my Number. It's

not Number 1!

Gene: Wait a second! We need more than that!

Mr. Perfect laughs and walks off.

Eddy Guerrero vs. Jerry Lynn

Guerrero and Jerry lock up in the centre of the ring. Lynn knees Guerrero in the stomach but

he retaliates with a huge right hand that knocks Lynn off his feet. As Jerry gets back up

Guerrero floors him with a clothesline. Then when Lynn gets up the next time he is floored

with a dropkick. Guerrero taunts to the crowd as the fans cheer.

Guerrero hooks Lynn's arms and tries for a double arm suplex but Lynn counters and turns it

into a samoan drop. Lynn runs in and hits a leg drop on Guerrero and goes for the cover,

but barely gets the two count. Lynn picks up Guerrero but he gets nailed in the stomach with

a right hand as Guerrero mounts some offence. Guerrero whips Lynn to the far ropes and he

gets back dropped out of the ring when he runs back.

Guerrero climbs the top rope and dives onto Lynn who stands on the concrete floor. Both

men are down for a while but manage to crawl into the ring before the count-out. As

Guerrero climbs in he is knocked down by a dropkick from Lynn. Guerrero kicks out of a pin

attempt.

Guerrero counters a running attack from Lynn and hits a Spinebuster on Lynn. Both men are

out but Guerrero speeds to his feet and jumps to the top turnbuckle.

Guerrero pounces off the top turnbuckle and hits Jerry Lynn with the Frog Splash to win the

grueling epic match.

Winner: Eddy Guerrero

Interview with Shawn Michaels w/Diesel

Both men were questioned on the upcoming 'Stable vs. Stable' match.

HBK: Well, Ted DiBiase and I could have probably gotten on well. I mean, we're both very

rich guys and we both know how to handle the microphone. But, oh-no, here he goes and

puts this match in somehow or someway with Bob Backlund! Bob Backlund! I mean they could

at least put a member of their team who didn't have a pension.

Diesel: You've made a big mistake DiBiase, if you think you're Backlund has-been is going to

beat me.

Diesel w/Shawn Michaels vs. Bob Backlund w/Ted DiBiase

Bob Backlund tries to grab Diesel's legs but Diesel starts off pounding away at Backlund.

Backlund replies with a huge right hand that almost knocks Diesel off his feet. Backlund

punches upwards because of the size difference but Diesel counters and annihilates

Backlund with a clothesline.

Diesel drops two consecutive elbow drops and goes for the cover and almost gets the three

count. DiBiase looks concerned as he climbs up on the apron. Shawn Michaels speeds over

and grabs him down as the match continues, DiBiase tries to attack HBK from behind but he

was ready for it and beats away at DiBiase before walking back to Diesel's corner.

Backlund hits a low blow on Diesel and then manages to lock in the Crossface Chicken Wing.

Diesel doesn't show any sign of tapping out and manages to flip Backlund over his head and

send him crashing to the canvas.

Diesel slowly boots Backlund in the stomach then nails him with the Jackknife. DiBiase climbs

on the apron but gets grabbed by Diesel who hiptosses him over the top rope. Diesel nails

him with a Big Boot which sends him running for cover back to ringside favouring his face.

But Backlund tries to capitalise, valiantly back up but Diesel hits another Jackknife for the

win.

Winner: Diesel

Native American Lawmen vs. The Hart Foundation

for the WWF Tag Team Championship

Big Bossman starts off with right hands on Jim Neidhart, followed by a huge body slam. Bossman stomps away at Neidhart then tags in Tatanka. As soon as Neidhart gets up he is knocked down by a huge knife-edge chop. Tatanka then proceeds in beating the hell out of Neidhart and getting a series of close falls.

Tatanka hits the Tomahawk Chop on Neidhart but Bret comes in and dropkicks Tatanka. Bossman steps through the ropes and clotheslines Bret. Bret and The Bossman brawl around the outside of the ring while Neidhart gets a cheap shot on Tatanka giving him control of the match.

Neidhart hits Tatanka with a Spear which is abruptly followed by a Shoulderbreaker. Tatanka immediately gets up, and is hit with another, but gets up again and nails Neidhart with a right hand. Bret runs in and also gets nailed. Tatanka climbs the top rope and nails both members of The Hart Foundation with the Tomahawk Chop to win the match.

Winner: Native American Lawmen [retain the titles]

Interview with Owen Hart

Owen Hart is talking about his upcoming WWF World Championship match with The Undertaker.

Owen: You know, I woke up this morning, and I realised that hey, I've got something to thank Bret for. If it wasn't for him turning on me at this very event two years ago, there's no way I would be here, just a short time away from winning my first World Heavyweight Belt. I'd just be failing in the Tag Division like we all just saw. So in a way, I thank you, Bret. And Undertaker, you better be ready, because I'm more focused than I've ever been, I'm in my prime. You better bring everything you got to the ring tonight.

He walks off.

Interview with Randy Savage

Savage is questioned on his upcoming match with Robbie V.

Savage: It's just a personality clash people say, well no, it's more than that, yeah. It's more than that. This is about Robbie V - the little runt's jealousy and ego that has got him into the fight of his life tonight. And oh yeah, you better believe it "Robbie V" that you're the one that's gonna be on life support by the time I've finished with you.

Savage shouts "Yeah" then leaves the interview area.

Randy Savage vs. Robbie V No Holds Barred, falls count anywhere

Savage sprints to the ring but doesn't actually get in it, he walks around it while Robbie V patiently waits. Savage grabs a chair from the outside then runs into the ring but is met by a huge Spinning Heel Kick from Robbie V, knocking the chair back in Savage's face. Robbie V hits a spinning leg drop on Savage and splashes him.

Robbie V tries for a chair shot once Savage gets back up but he blatantly gets low blowed, then Savage uses right hand after right hand on Robbie V, then he pushes him into the corner and chokes him. Savage takes about eight steps back and then sprints at Robbie V, but Robbie bends over and back body drops Savage high over the top turnbuckle.

Robbie V regains his breath as he crawls out of the ring and levels Savage with a vicious chair shot. Savage lays not moving while Robbie drags him up and throws him in the ring. Robbie V then retrieves a 10ft ladder out from under the ring, he props it against the turnbuckles, as Savage plays possum and rolls up Robbie V for a close two count.

Savage then picks up the chair and cracks it over Robbie V's cranium, a massive dent is in the steel. Savage throws the chair at the fallen Robbie V's face, blood pours from his mouth and face. Robbie V vailiantly tries to fight back with hard kicks to the chest and forearm shots to the face, but Savage whips him face first into the ladder, he rebounds back into Savage and takes him out with a flying back elbow, Robbie then climbs up the angled ladder and backflips off the second from top rung and hits a Moonsault on Savage for the three count.

Winner: Robbie V

Royal Rumble Hype

Hype for the upcoming Royal Rumble match, featuring Videos from past Rumbles etc.

The Undertaker vs. Owen Hart

For the WWF World Championship

Undertaker goes for a huge knockout clothesline at the start but Owen ducks and uses quick punches and kicks that stagger "The Deadman". Owen uses a Roundhouse Dropkick on Taker that floors him. Undertaker counters some offence and slams Owen down on the canvas. At that moment, BRET HART walks and taunts his way down to the ring.

Undertaker chokes Owen down in the corner but Owen punches away and eventually Taker relinquishes the choke hold. Owen Hart locks Taker in a headlock but Undertaker punches him in a stomach and almost gets the Chokeslam before Owen counters while in mid-air and hits a clothesline. Owen Hart tries to lock in the Shaprshooter but Undertaker easily gets out of it.

Bret Hart drops Owen Hart's throat on the top rope while the referee is distracted by Paul Bearer.

Owen then staggers into a hard Chokeslam followed by a Tombstone Piledriver for a three count in a 7 minute WWF title defence.

Winner: The Undertaker [retains the title]

Hype for the Royal Rumble

Entrants Marty Jannetty, Diesel, Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, Ted DiBiase and Jeff Jarrett are shown in quick separate video segments making their claim that they are going to win the Royal Rumble.

Howard Finkel briefly explains the rules of the match.

30 Man Royal Rumble Match

[report style]

Razor Ramon and Goldust were the first men in the ring. They brawled brutally around the ring for two minutes until Smash, one half of Demolition, stormed to the ring and took out both men with powerful attacks. Number Four entrant Ric Flair made an appearance and immediately sided with Smash and double teamed Razor Ramon, before Flair was attacked by Smash and Goldust. Ted DiBiase was the next man to enter the fray, looking extremely unhappy about his number. DiBiase didn't even enter the ring but Flair managed to bundle out Razor Ramon.

Flair and DiBiase would stay in for a very long time, sometimes even working together to eliminate people, but mainly when the opportunites arised, they fought. Ultimate Warrior came in at Number Seven and was powerful for a around 14 minutes before being eliminated by Flair and DiBiase. Fans were in awe when they saw Lion Heart and Ric Flair go at it in the middle of the ring. At one point, due to the luck of the draw, both Kerry and Kevin Von Erich were in the ring working as a team and as a team they eliminated mammoth Diesel.

Towards the end of the long bout, the four in the bout before entry number thirty were Ric Flair [#4], Crush [#27], Shawn Michaels [#21] and Mr. Perfect [#19]. Flair was deeply incapacitated but kept battling away at Crush and Mr. Perfect. Shawn Michaels eagerly awaited the arrival of Number 30... who to everyone's surprise was Hardcore Icon TERRY FUNK. HBK and Funk battled for three minutes while Flair eliminated Crush and Mr Perfect within seconds of each other. Outside the ring, both Crush and Perfect brawled around the ring, before The Million Dollar Team appeared and beat down Crush.

Shawn Michaels nailed Terry Funk with the Sweet Chin Music, eliminating him from the Royal Rumble. Ric Flair immediately appeared and chopped away at HBK, but Shawn countered and speared Flair. Both men lay out in the centre of the ring. Flair walked into a Sweet Chin Music that almost sent him over the top rope. Ric Flair looked to have HBK eliminated when The Million Dollar Team evaded the referees and beat down Flair, Giant Gonzalez slammed him down in the centre of the ring, Ted DiBiase then hit him with two Million $ Fists, Jarrett hit a Flying Elbow Drop, and finally The Barbarian picked him up and tried to powerbomb Ric Flair but he backdropped out of it and then tried to beat down every member of the Million Dollar Team, but they flattened him and left the ring before being admonished by the referees.

Flair was deeply beat up though, and HBK quickly disposed of him to win the 1995 Royal Rumble much to the fans hatred. Ted DiBiase then entered the ring and to the fans bafflement shook hands with the Royal Rumble winner. They stood with their hands raised in what looked to be a Union of Stables.

Royal Rumble Order of Entry -

01 Razor Ramon [eliminated by Ric Flair]

02 Goldust [Eliminated by Warrior]

03 Smash [Eliminated by Warrior]

04 Ric Flair [Eliminated by Shawn Michaels]

05 Ted DiBiase [Eliminated by Ric Flair]

06 Wild Pegasus [Eliminated by Warrior]

07 Ultimate Warrior [Eliminated by DiBiase]

08 The British Bulldog [Eliminated by Warrior]

09 Kevin Von Erich [Eliminated by Ax]

10 Ax [Eliminated by DiBiase]

11 1-2-3 Kid [Eliminated by Ric Flair]