Scrubs season 5

BlackFlagg

Those two episodes are the most off-the-wall they've ever done. The first episode is definitely in the Top 10 they've ever done, and the second might also be up there. Elliott finally seems to have a purpose on the show, and The Todd had 3 or 4 great bits tonight. Great stuff; hopefully the show can ride this momentum to some ratings success. It would be a tragedy for Scrubs and Arrested Development to be cancelled in the same year.

Guest Ringo Masterson 27

I dunno, I thought the first episode was kinda weak. It was necessary though, because it works as a set-up for the rest of the season, but I found it didn't really stand out. The second one was back to par however, and I'm looking forward to more awesomeness.

The ratings are good news and bad news. The bad news is that the show came in at 4th on the hour, with half-hours of 4.7 and 4.9. The good news is that the show did impressive numbers of 3.8 and 4.1 in adults 18-49, which was good enough for second on the hour to the Orange Bowl. If they can maintain those kind of numbers, the network will be faced with quite a dilemna in June. On one hand, Kevin Reilly seems to be anti-Anything Jeff Zucker put on the air. On the other, with Will & Grace ending, Scrubs becomes the network's senior comedy. Reilly's a dick, but is he enough of a dick to cancel Scrubs, leaving himself with a couple of sophomore comedies (this is assuming he makes the obvious move and cuts the overpriced, underperformed Joey)?