24: Season 5 [QUESTION]

The Chief

hi, i dont want to start a huge discussion, someone else start another topic. i heard its starting in the USA tonight? the first 4 hours or something, anyone know when its coming out in UK?

please no spoilers. im asking this because i have season 2/3 on dvd and i wanna know if i have time to watch at least one of them. i know they only last 24 hours, but i got exams and dont think i can even manage one episode a day.

As for the plots, they generally don't run season to season. If they do, only in minor references or roles.

I actually disagree with this. Plots DO run season to season, but they're not direct plots like in, say, Lost for example. The first three seasons all have clear overarcing storylines throughout them (the Palmer presidency, Jack Bauer vs. Nina Myers, the Adventures of Kim Bauer the Fucking Idiot, and so on), it's just that you don't need to know what happened in earlier seasons to understand what's going on in the current one.

The date I heard for the start date was February 5th which is just under 3 weeks away.

Sky is going into overdrive with all the new series lately. Stargate, Atlantis, Threshold, Battlestar Gallactica, Bones, Cold Case all on at the moment and Over There starting on Tuesday and 24 coming soon. I'm not going to have time to watch them all.

Edited by LBTN™

well feb 5th is on a sunday so it would make sense. anyone know what happened to the 4400 on sky? i dunno if the last episode they showed was the last?

as for plots, i started on 24 from season 4 and had no trouble at all (except the one time when i didnt know who tony almeada (sp?) was)

ive just finished through season 1 and about to start 2, but i doubt i will now with 5 on the way

I loved during the summer when I watched all 4 series of 24 over 5 days with very little sleep. Granted I didn't see/speak to anybody for 5 days (Not strictly true...MSN and my phone stopped that, but near nobody), I ate rubbish and shat in a sock (:shifty:) but it was god damn awesome. Since then I haven't watched them since, because I hate watching one episode, I can't do it. When I watch a series (Any series) on DVD I have to at least watch 2/3 episodes, but 24 is so addictive, i'd pretty much keep going. I'm going to set aside some time and watch Season 1 over the coming weeks. It's the most memorable, as it's the only one I followed 'properly' (Waiting a week for the next episode, when it was repeated on BBC last year), plus whilst now it's known to 'Expect the unexpected' at the time I didn't have the clue. However the big 'swerve' I predicted fairly early on (Though I didn't know whether it would happen, but as time went on it became incredibly obvious).

I loved during the summer when I watched all 4 series of 24 over 5 days with very little sleep. Granted I didn't see/speak to anybody for 5 days (Not strictly true...MSN and my phone stopped that, but near nobody), I ate rubbish and shat in a sock (:shifty:) but it was god damn awesome. Since then I haven't watched them since, because I hate watching one episode, I can't do it. When I watch a series (Any series) on DVD I have to at least watch 2/3 episodes, but 24 is so addictive, i'd pretty much keep going. I'm going to set aside some time and watch Season 1 over the coming weeks. It's the most memorable, as it's the only one I followed 'properly' (Waiting a week for the next episode, when it was repeated on BBC last year), plus whilst now it's known to 'Expect the unexpected' at the time I didn't have the clue. However the big 'swerve' I predicted fairly early on (Though I didn't know whether it would happen, but as time went on it became incredibly obvious).

My dad did the exact same thing but he wants to stop now because he was burned out on Season 4 by the end because he watched it in less than a day.

I, personally, can't go that fast so it took me about two weeks to watch S4.

well feb 5th is on a sunday so it would make sense. anyone know what happened to the 4400 on sky? i dunno if the last episode they showed was the last?

as for plots, i started on 24 from season 4 and had no trouble at all (except the one time when i didnt know who tony almeada (sp?) was)

ive just finished through season 1 and about to start 2, but i doubt i will now with 5 on the way