Underworld: Evolution

ROC

So, because I'm bored and might need a cinematic hodge-podge of vamp/were violence and Kate Beckinsale sex in my Friday nights, is Underworld: Evolution any better than the first movie? I thought the first one was rather meh, but is it worthwhile for mindless violence or is there anything to it?

EDIT: Changed the title that way people'd actually know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Black Math

I went and seen it yesterday and thought it was awesome but I'm not exactly a critic. I like most movies.

Its better than the first by a long way and actually continues (and finishes) the plot but at times its kind of hard to think about its like 'wtf? how'd that

happen?'

So yeah go see it for Kate Beckinsale in Leather alone but the movies good too.

I probably wouldn't see this new Underworld, since I hated the first one with a firey passion. So personally, I wouldn't recommend it.

However I hear tell that they're showing the trailer for the Silent Hill movie before it, thats set to come out in April, and looks like it'll be worth checking out. (Surpisingly) Of course, you could just download the trailer, but you wouldn't get that cinematic experience. (Y)

I probably wouldn't see this new Underworld, since I hated the first one with a firey passion. So personally, I wouldn't recommend it.

However I hear tell that they're showing the trailer for the Silent Hill movie before it, thats set to come out in April, and looks like it'll be worth checking out. (Surpisingly) Of course, you could just download the trailer, but you wouldn't get that cinematic experience. (Y)

You can't not recommend something when you haven't seen it.

You can't not recommend something when you haven't seen it.

I went and saw Underworld: Evolution yesterday and I thought it was pretty awesome. I haven't seen the first one, so I had to catch up a bit on the plot, but the movie has little flashback scenes from the first movie and explains it rather well, so that worked well.

I thought it was awesome, personally.

Underworld:

Awakening - The Damning Well featuring Wes Borland, Richard Patrick, Josh Freese, and Danny Lohner

REV 22:20 - Puscifer featuring Maynard James Keenan, Danny Lohner

Throwing Punches - Page Hamilton

Rocket Collecting - Milla

Now I Know - Renholder

Bring Me The Disco King (Loner Mix) - David Bowie featuring Maynard James Keenan & John Frusciante

Optimissed - Skinny Puppy

Down In the Lab - Renholder

Judith (Renholder Mix) - A Perfect Circle

Suicide Note - Johnette Napolitano

Baby's First Coffin - Dillinger Escape Plan

Hover (Quiet Mix) - Trust Company

Falling Through The Sky - Renholder

Weak and Powerless (Tilling My Grave Mix) - A Perfect Circle

Worms of the Earth - Finch

From A Shell - Lisa Germano

Death Dealer's Descent - Renholder

On The Lash - The Icarus Line

All Of This Past - Sarah Bettens

Underworld: Evolution:

1. The Undertaker (Renholder Mix) - Puscifer

2. Morning After - Chester Bennington vs. Julien-K

3. Where Do I Stab Myself In The Ears (The Legion of Doom Remix) - Hawthorne Heights

4. To The End (RnR Cheryl Mix) - My Chemical Romance

5. Vermillion pt 2 (Bloodstone Mix) - Slipknot

6. Burn (Alleged Remix) - Alkaline Trio

7. The Last Sunrise (Dusk Mix) - Aiden

8. Bite To Break Skin (The Legion of Doom Remix) - Senses Fail

9. Her Portrait In Black - Atreyu

10. Washing Away Me In The Tides - Trivium

11. Eternal Battle - Mendozza

12. Our Truth - Lacuna Coil

13. Cat People (Putting Out The Fire) - Gosling

14. Why Are You Up - Bobby Gold

15. Suicide - Meat Beat Manifesto

16. HW2 - Cradle Of Filth

Hmm, seems like a no-contest to me.

Edited by Tristof the Nazi

Underworld:

Awakening - The Damning Well featuring Wes Borland, Richard Patrick, Josh Freese, and Danny Lohner

REV 22:20 - Puscifer featuring Maynard James Keenan, Danny Lohner

Throwing Punches - Page Hamilton

Rocket Collecting - Milla

Now I Know - Renholder

Bring Me The Disco King (Loner Mix) - David Bowie featuring Maynard James Keenan & John Frusciante

Optimissed - Skinny Puppy

Down In the Lab - Renholder

Judith (Renholder Mix) - A Perfect Circle

Suicide Note - Johnette Napolitano

Baby's First Coffin - Dillinger Escape Plan

Hover (Quiet Mix) - Trust Company

Falling Through The Sky - Renholder

Weak and Powerless (Tilling My Grave Mix) - A Perfect Circle

Worms of the Earth - Finch

From A Shell - Lisa Germano

Death Dealer's Descent - Renholder

On The Lash - The Icarus Line

All Of This Past - Sarah Bettens

Underworld: Evolution:

1. The Undertaker (Renholder Mix) - Puscifer

2. Morning After - Chester Bennington vs. Julien-K

3. Where Do I Stab Myself In The Ears (The Legion of Doom Remix) - Hawthorne Heights

4. To The End (RnR Cheryl Mix) - My Chemical Romance

5. Vermillion pt 2 (Bloodstone Mix) - Slipknot

6. Burn (Alleged Remix) - Alkaline Trio

7. The Last Sunrise (Dusk Mix) - Aiden

8. Bite To Break Skin (The Legion of Doom Remix) - Senses Fail

9. Her Portrait In Black - Atreyu

10. Washing Away Me In The Tides - Trivium

11. Eternal Battle - Mendozza

12. Our Truth - Lacuna Coil

13. Cat People (Putting Out The Fire) - Gosling

14. Why Are You Up - Bobby Gold

15. Suicide - Meat Beat Manifesto

16. HW2 - Cradle Of Filth

Hmm, seems like a no-contest to me.

If you were a fan of the original then I would say this one is going to highly evtertain you to no end. If you were not, then this one is going to drive you insane.

Overall i found the sequel here to be a far superior film, but then I loved the original film as well. It has an ending that may or may not make sense depending on how much you are wiling to read into it and think about it, but it does a damn fine job of expanding upon and developing the initial concept, then it blasts it wide open.

The film is a visual treat to behold, is one of the more violent, bloody, and grotesque films I can remember seeing in quite some time, and yet keeps the dark theme of the original. Unlike some movies of the same genre you won't have any problem seeing anything, despite the fact that over 75% of it takes place at night.

The score is simply there, which is neither good nor bad. Nothing stands however.

The acting is fine. Kate and Speedman do a good job and actually develop some good chemistry this time out, and the actors that chewed scenery in the first do the same with just as much joy as the original, even if they are dead.

Overall I give it a grade of B. The original got a grade of B- from me, so this is a step in the right direction.

TGC