2005 Wrestling Poster Battle

Basically, a poster for every PPV of the last year, best out of the amount wins. First up would be New Years Revolution:

World Title Elimination Chamber Match

Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Batista

WWE Women's Title Match

Lita vs. Trish Stratus

Intercontinental Title Match

Shelton Benjamin vs. Maven

World Tag Team Title Match

Eugene & William Regal vs. Christian & Tyson Tomko

Kane vs. Gene Snitsky

Jerry Lawler vs. Muhammad Hussan

Basically, a poster for every PPV of the last year, best out of the amount wins. First up would be New Years Revolution:

World Title Elimination Chamber Match

Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Batista

WWE Women's Title Match

Lita vs. Trish Stratus

Intercontinental Title Match

Shelton Benjamin vs. Maven

World Tag Team Title Match

Eugene & William Regal vs. Christian & Tyson Tomko

Kane vs. Gene Snitsky

Jerry Lawler vs. Muhammad Hussan

Anyone want to battle me in this PPV Series?

Edited by Jimmy the Exploder

nyr20058kd.jpg

-This ain't my best work, but it's the best I could think of for this Pay Per View. Orton at the time was considered a key point, and had Batista not caught on as he did, he would have been looking to Main Event Wrestlemania. However, the unexpected popularity of Batista coupled with Orton's bad backstage attitude changed all that. That is why I chose Orton, because at this point, most people could see him Main Eventing Wrestlemania.

-The dragon is adapted from the NYR Poster last year, and I thought it was a good insignia to couple with this Pay Per View.

-Finally, the Logo and The Text is done like that because I can't cut the NYR Logo for the life of me and all the PSD Sites' versions are not upto scratch. Therefore, I bevelled it and gave it a colour overlay. The drop shadow is there because I think it looks okay.

Edit: Jimmy, if it's okay with you, you've got till monday.

Edited by Eddie's World Order

EWO's: The bevel on the logo and text is a little too much as well the font choice isn't that good but over all its a nice graphic

Jimmy's : The batista cut is too bright for my taste , as is the background. nice logo cut and placement.

Overall I vote for Eddie's World Order . JImmy's was way to contrasty for my tastes

EWO's is darker, yes. And the Randy Orton cut fits perfectly with everything he did. They both look really, really good. But really, I personally think that EWO's poster has more of a WWE feel to it and it looks good for what it is. I love it, so I'm voting for EWO. I also like EWO's logo better, though JTE's is great EWO takes the vote.

I think we've already got five, but my vote goes to EWO as well. It's got a far more professional look to it, and although the focus is maybe a little off, it's the better looking poster overall.

Right, so I suppose it's 1-0 to me...

------

Shawn Michaels vs Edge

Casket Match

The Undertaker vs Heidenreich

Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship

JBL vs Kurt Angle vs Big Show

World Heavyweight Championship

Triple H vs Randy Orton

The 30 Man Royal Rumble match

15 RAW superstars and 15 Smackdown! superstars

I don't really like either to be quite honest. They're both dull and tell us nothing, no info on any matches, just no... nothing.

However, I do like the way EWO's almost shows Kane to be the be-all and end-all of the Royal Rumble, and it works as a teaser poster if nothing else.

JTE's does the same with Kurt, and it looks good. It's a great cut of Kurt, and really stays true to his character at the time, and the red fade on the whole of the poster looks really good.

Neither are good as proper posters, but both are good as teasers, however, JTE's is just that bit better, and it works better than EWO's. So I'm giving it to JTE. Just.

I think that JTE has the better poster this time around. It just seems more complete, and grabs my attention easier. The other poster just seems a bit bland with just Kane in there, and such a big black void. I don't think the cut of Kane looks that great either.