World Wrestling Federation 2002

LK.

Wow!......I know you see it written everywhere on the Diary Dome...."but i really DON'T reply to diaries!"

...However with this LK. you have finally drawn me into making a comment. This is a very, very good diary....there...I said it!

I like the format, the backstory was done well with just the right amount of information given, the writing is good, the characters realistic, and Morgan Dudley......Why it's so simple it just works!

Keep up the good work, a reader you have in me. :D

IPB Image

World Wrestling Federation HEAT

Sunday 14th April 2002

Jonathan Coachman & Raven call the action

1. Raw overview

A video package plays to open up Sunday Night Heat, showing still clips of some of the action which transpired on last weeks Monday Night Raw, with the New World Order standing tall to close the show. (OR: 90%)

2. Mr Perfect defeated Jeff Hardy

Jeff goes up top as the fans come alive, with Perfect down in the ring. Jeff is about to fly with the Swanton Bomb, but suddenly, Raven leaps to life from the announce position and shoves Hardy off the top and onto the mat! Coach questions what that was all about as Perfect re-groups to hit the Perfect Plex for the victory. Raven does the Tag Team title gesture with his hands as Matt Hardy runs down to the ring. Luckily for Raven, officials get in the way and prevent any possible brawl. Raven takes a microphone as Perfect stands behind him on the outside.

Raven: “Myself and Curt Hennig have both been under-utilised, but no more! Those Tag Team titles, Jeff and Matt, are coming to us tonight. Why do we get our shot? Ask Mr Flair. He said it was a favour for my announce duties here on the Raw B-Team show. And tonight, I cash in on that promise – when I become one half of the WWF Tag Team Champions. Quote the Raven, nevermore!” (OR: 73%)

3. Triple H and The Undertaker – clash of the titans?

A video package plays showing the heated confrontation between Triple H and The Undertaker which took place on Raw. (OR: 71%)

4. Simply unstoppable

Another video package plays, this time showing the absolute dominance of the monstrous rookie Brock Lesnar. We see action from last weeks Raw with Lesnar destroying Tommy Dreamer in the ring, to win the handicap match which also involved Tommy Dreamer. Brock Lesnar is simply unstoppable, according to The Coach. (OR: 72%)

5. Tommy Dreamer defeats Hardcore Holly by disqualification

The match is back and forth, with Holly noticeably getting furious because of the fact that he is unable to put Dreamer away for the three count. Dreamer ends up hitting the Dreamer DDT but can’t capitalise on the cover. Holly slides to the outside and takes a chair, after low-blowing Dreamer with the referee unaware. Holly enters the ring and shrugs the referee off, before unloading on Dreamer with a vicious chair shot to the skull, busting him open! The referee immediately calls for the bell as officials pour out from the back, to prevent a further assault from Hardcore Holly, who as quite simply … SNAPPED! (OR: 68%)

6. Once a rebel, always a rebel

We see a replay of the Flair and Austin confrontation which took place on Raw. We then see Austin give Flair the middle finger. The footage soon turns into that of Flair announcing Kane’s replacement partner in the main event, due to Austin leaving the building. The footage then transcends into that of the main event with Kane and Edge going to a no contest with The Outsiders due to New World Order interference. (OR: 87%)

7. WWF Tag Team Titles: The Hardy Boys with Lita [c] defeat Raven & Mr Perfect

The intent of the match-up was pretty obvious since it started, with Coach (doing lone commentary) constantly hyping up Jeff and Matt Hardy, without giving too much notice to the heels. Matt eventually levels Perfect with the Twist of Fate before knocking Raven off the apron with a forearm smash. Jeff then flies with a Swanton Bomb onto Perfect and covers for the three count, to retain the Tag Team titles for his team. Heat goes off the air with the three members of Team Xtreme celebrating the victory in the ring. (OR: 78%)

Show Rating: 69%

WWF News & Notes

- This weeks Raw drew a 6.84 rating from TNN. SmackDown got a 5.90 rating from UPN.

- The feeling backstage is that, despite SmackDown generally putting on a better received show this week, Raw is the number one brand. Officials seem to feel that with the likes of Steve Austin, The Undertaker, Hollywood Hogan, Kane and Kevin Nash (all former WWF Champions) make Raw the better of the two brands. The consensus is that Raw will continue solidly while SmackDown may eventually begin to dwindle due to its overall lack of ‘main event’ talent.

- Backlash will take place on Sunday the 28th of April. The only confirmed match up is the main event, which will see Triple H defend the Undisputed Championship against The Undertaker and Kurt Angle in a triple threat match.

Edited by LK.

IPB Image

World Wrestling Federation RAW

Monday 15th April 2002

Jim Ross & Jerry “The King” Lawler call the action.

1. You’re not going to stop us.

Marilyn Manson’s “The Fight Song” plays to open up the show, with the Raw video package in full flow. The footage ends to a huge pop as the pyrotechnics hit, with the fireworks exploding from the aisle. Suddenly, the effects turn to black and white and the New World Order make their way out from the back, to jeers from the fans.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, X-Pac and Big Show all walk down the ramp, wearing the black and white nWo colours. Hogan plays the air guitar on the ramp, nodding his head, as the other members pose. Eventually, they all enter the ring and the effects stop. X-Pac holds Kane’s mask, and grins from ear-to-ear with glee. He mockingly puts the mask on as Show laughs. Hogan takes the microphone and begins to speak.

Hogan: “What happened last week? We proved a point! We proved to the world that we, the New World Order, are the most dominant force in wrestling today BROTHER … and that’s a fact!”

He nods his head.

Hogan: “Kane tried to stop us, Edge tried to stop us … but what happened? We stopped them, dudes! Me, Big Kevin Nash, Da Bad Guy, X-Pac and the biggest, baddest mofo’ in professional wrestlin’ today STOPPED Kane and Edge! We beat them down like the little bitches they are!”

He smirks. Hall takes the microphone as X-Pac continues to pose with the Kane mask on.

Hall: “Hey yo.”

This draws a minor pop, but mostly jeers as Da Bad Guy chews his toothpick.

Hall: “Like the Hulkster said, we told ya’ll what we wanted to do, and we did it. We were dominant. Mr Flair, chalk one up for da bad guys, ‘cause we were the one’s standin’ with grins on our faces last week – and damn, we’ll do that again tonight, ain’t that right, Kev?”

Nash nods his head, smirks and takes the microphone.

Nash: “Right.”

He pauses for a moment.

Nash: “We’re the most dominant force in professional wrestling… no one can stop us! No on—“

“You think you know me, you’ll never know me.”

The fans EXPLODE with cheers as the camera pans to the ramp. Edge bursts out from the back, with his purple tights, black jacket and sunglasses on. Edge also has a microphone. He stops at the top of the ramp and begins to speak, as the fans chant his name.

Edge: “No one can stop you? Guys, I don’t appreciate the beat down you gave me last week. I don’t appreciate it at all. If you think you’re gonna’ get away with it, ha, you’ve got another thing comin’.”

The fans pop big-time as Edge nods his head confidently.

Edge: “I don’t fear you; in fact, I don’t even give a damn about you. Revenge will be mine – I’m comin’ for you, Hoga—“

SMACK! Wait! That’s Val Venis! Val Venis with a clubbing blow to the back of Edge! The fans begin to jeer loudly as the “X-Rated Superstar” picks Edge up and throws him head first into the glass screens on the Raw set! Edge falls back and hits the deck as Venis picks the microphone up.

Venis: “It’s all about makin’ an impact, Edge. You’re a King of the Ring winner, last year in fact… what better way to make an impact than to take you out? There ain’t one.”

He nods his head, but. (OR: 74%)

2. Flair sets things straight.

“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Space Oddysee hits as the fifty percent owner of the World Wrestling Federation, the Nature Boy Ric Flair struts out from the back with a microphone in hand. Officials come out to help Edge to the back as Flair looks at Venis.

Flair: “You wanna make an impact, huh Val?”

Venis nods his head, “oh yeah!”

Flair: “Well you’ve got your chance, kid! Tonight, it’ll be you against Edge – no ambushes, no cheap shots, just one-on-one action! WOOOOOOOOO!”

Venis nods his head, happy with the decision. Flair turns his attention to the New World Order, who prance around in the ring with the Kane mask.

Flair: “You’re big ‘n tough, aren’t ‘cha guys, takin’ a man’s solitude.”

The New World Order stop, to listen to the Nature Boy.

Flair: “Well I’ve got news for ya! Kane’s in the buildin’, he’s pumped, and damn, he wants ta’ kick each and every one of your sorry asses! WOOOOOO!”

This draws a MASSIVE pop from the fans. Flair points to Nash.

Flair: “And he wants you first, Nash! It’ll be you versus Kane, TONIGHT!”

The fans pop once again as Flair nods his head. The Nature Boy’s music hits once again as we go to a commercial break. (OR: 100%)

3. The APA defeated Bubba Dudley & Morgan Dudley by disqualification.

The match ascends into chaos after around four minutes, with Morgan Dudley saving Bubba from inevitable defeat after he ate a Fallaway Slam from Bradshaw. Faarooq rushes in and takes it to Morgan and eventually knocks him over the top rope and to the outside. Bubba Dudley leaps up and knocks Bradshaw down with a clothesline but Faarooq comes in and kicks him in the gut, before drilling him with a quick DDT in the centre of the ring. Suddenly, Morgan Dudley enters the ring with a steel chair in hand, having seemingly lost it, according to JR. Faarooq turns and eats the steel! The referee immediately calls for the bell, awarding the match to the APA by disqualification. Before further damage can be done, Road Agents swiftly enter the ring to restrain Morgan Dudley, who King dubs “an animal”. (OR: 69%)

4. KURT ANGLE on RAW?!

We go to the parking lot to where a mysterious, unscheduled limousine is present. The number plate reads “ANGLE3I”. JR and King begin to speculate furiously over the limousines occupant(s) as we go to elsewhere. (OR: 82%)

5. Jazz & Molly Holly defeat Stacy Keibler & Trish Stratus

A typical woman’s tag team match. Keibler almost has it with a spinning kick on Molly, but Jazz comes in and connects with the Jazz Stinger. Trish Stratus then runs in and hits the Woman’s Champion with the Stratusfaction – and is about to cover, until Billy, Chuck & Rico appear on the ramp, with the flamboyant Tag Team wearing next-to-nothing. Rico stands with his leopard skin suit on, hands on hips. Trish looks at the three, looking bemused. Chuck and Billy begin to pose on the ramp as Trish turns, into a victory roll from Molly Holly, 1-2-3! What was all that about?! (OR: 63%)

5. You want attention? Here’s some attention!

Suddenly, the titantron comes into full flow, with fifty percent WWF owner Ric Flair in view.

Flair: “Billy, Chuck … you want attention, huh guys?”

They look puzzled.

Flair: “Well you’ve got yourselves a match!”

The fans don’t really react.

Flair: “Against two hungry, vicious, callous, destructive competitors.”

He nods his head.

Flair: “Against two of the men who will make Backlash a HUGE success!”

The fans know what’s coming.

Flair: “Billy, Chuck… versus The Undertaker … and WWF Undisputed Champion… TRIPLE H!”

The fans pop BIG-TIME! It’ll be The Undertaker and Triple H against Billy and Chuck.

Flair: “RIGHT NOW! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!” (OR: 96%)

6. The Undertaker & Triple H defeat Billy & Chuck with Rico

Nothing but a squash. The Undertaker and Triple H take it in turns to pummel the crap out of Billy and Chuck, and even Rico eats an Undertaker chokeslam. Triple H eventually finishes off his former DX partner Billy with the Pedigree for the three count. The match lasted for a matter of minutes, solely to put Triple H and The Undertaker over as dominant competitors. (OR: 73%)

7. The celebrations don’t last.

The fans explode with Triple H and Taker standing in the ring, celebrating their victory by holding their arms high into the air in celebration.

JR: “BAH GAWD! THAT’S KURT ANGLE!”

A superstar slides into the ring, wearing a Kurt Angle hoodie, with a steel chair in hand. Taker turns … BAM! CHAIR SHOT TO TAKER! Taker hits the deck. Triple H turns … CHAIR SHOT TO THE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION! The fans begin to jeer loudly as officials rush out from the back, chasing “Kurt Angle” away through the crowd! The Undertaker and Triple H have both felt the wrath of SmackDown’s Olympic Gold Medallist, who just infiltrated Monday Night Raw, according to Jerry Lawler. We go to a commercial. (OR: 88%)

8. Edge defeats Val Venis

Edge runs across the ring and ducks an incoming Venis clothesline … SPEAR! Venis is down in the ring, clutching his ribs. Edge can sense the victory. He pulls Edge up but takes a low blow! The fans jeer loudly, but the referee never saw it! Venis connects with a Fisherman’s Buster and looks to cover immediately, but even so, Edge kicks out on the two count. Venis’ dominance doesn’t last for long, with Edge hitting the “Edge-O-Matic” on Venis from behind. Edge covers but Venis kicked out on the two count with ease. Venis returned to his feet and locked up with Edge, put him in a headlock, but Edge somehow quickly countered with the Edgeocution implant DDT which got him the three count, and an impressive victory over the “X-Rated Superstar”. (OR: 74%)

9. Thursday Night SmackDown!

A video played, showing us all of the best bits from last Thursday Night’s edition of SmackDown. (OR: 93%)

10. Kane defeated Kevin Nash

With ten minutes left, the main event quickly ascended into absolute chaos, with the New World Order getting involved on behalf of “Big Sexy”. Kane, afresh with a mask which was exactly the same as the one the nWo stole from him on last weeks Raw, knocked the incoming X-Pac down with a big boot as Show downed the referee with a Chokeslam. Show, Hogan, Hall and Nash then begin to put a beating in on Kane, until Faarooq and Bradshaw of the APA got involved to even up the odds, somewhat. Bradshaw and Faarooq took it to Hall and Show, with Hogan dropping the Big Boot on Kane in the middle of the ring, with the APA being too pre-occupied to sort him out. Hogan climbed to his feet…

#GLASS SHATTERS#

The fans EXPLODED as Stone Cold Steve Austin stormed out from the back, looking almightily pissed off. He quickly entered the ring with the music still playing … KICK! WHAM! STUNNER! TO HOGAN! Nash got up … STUNNER TO NASH! X-Pac re-entered … STUNNER! Clothesline From Hell to Scott Hall on the outside! The New World Order have been laid out! Another referee emerges from the back, with just Kane and Nash in the ring, both groggy. Kane takes control and hits the Chokeslam to a HUGE pop from the fans, with JR and King going crazy! Austin backs off up the ramp, smirking, as Kane covers Nash for the three count! The Monday Night Raw superstars have got the better of the New World Order tonight on Raw! (OR: 63%)

Show Rating: 73%

Edited by LK.

Another good show. Edge and Val Venis are your future. Assuming that it was Eric Angle attacking? I was thinking Eric would run away and somehow Kurt Angle attack one of his Backlash opponents or something. Hopefully Billy & Chuck will see some better days. Did Kane have a new mask?

Good show, leaves me wanting more.

• 1 year later...