Random anime questions

ravenjuice

Yeh like, first and foremost, if anyone has Street Fighter 2 on vhs, could they kindly tell me the name of the song on the very first advert? sounds like a lot of palm muted guitaring then random "ugggggggh"'s. It just sounds bitchin to me.

Second, and more serious question. Can someone reccomend me some anime? I have seen sweet FA, bar the aforementioned film. Im a 16 year old male...so I dont want any crappy love hina shit...just good, violent stuff. ANd yeh...I really have next to no experience with it, but am looking to build a pretty decent collection with as little money as possible. I live in the uk, and unfortunately ordering with a credit card over the internet isnt an option :( But yeh....I know the more popular ones are like Akira...and Ninja Scroll....and Ghost in the Shell. Yet i dont know if any of them are any good...so yeh, reccomend like...one last point, I'd prefer actual films over like...tv series or whatever.

Final point....cus Im watching the film...Street Fighter is the fucking shit. I want to be a kid again and practise the moves in my garden with my friends :( Why doesnt it have any good fan sites >.<

Princess Mononoke. Porko Rossi. Castle In The Sky.

Okay, nothing much that violent, but some good 'uns.

Erm...violent...Vampire Hunter D, Blood: The Last Vampire, Battle Angel, all worth a look.

Edited by Skumfrog

Ninja Scroll and Akira are worth it. Ghost In The Shell... I haven't been bothered to watch it yet, though I own it.

As for violent animes... get Elfen Lied. Great anime there.

Also try to get a hold of Trigun. Funny, futuristic western style anime.

Hellsing is also good.

Rurouni Kenshin, good in my books.

And of course my own personal favourite, Ranma ½. But that is comedy/romance/martial arts, so that may not be what you're looking for.

Oh, and I also recommend Princess Mononoke. Great movie there.

If I remember more, I'll post...

Im a 16 year old male...so I dont want any crappy love hina shit...just good, violent stuff.

Not that a) 16 year old males probably conprise the majority of Love Hina's market, and b) the amount of slapstick violence in the show is just off the scale. :P

And since no one else has, I'm going to have to pimp Evangelion. Because it is obligatory to do so, and equally obligatory for everyone to have seen it. ¬_¬

Guest StonedMonkey_Merk

Ninja Scroll and Akira are worth it. Ghost In The Shell... I haven't been bothered to watch it yet, though I own it.

As for violent animes... get Elfen Lied. Great anime there.

Also try to get a hold of Trigun. Funny, futuristic western style anime.

Hellsing is also good.

Rurouni Kenshin, good in my books.

And of course my own personal favourite, Ranma ½. But that is comedy/romance/martial arts, so that may not be what you're looking for.

Oh, and I also recommend Princess Mononoke. Great movie there.

If I remember more, I'll post...

I've never been a fan of Ninja Scroll, but I suppose it fits your violence requirements. Akira and GitS fall into the cinematic catagory of "classics that you must see, but you'll probably never bother watching much again". I'm pretty certain that if Akira weren't 'a milestone in animation history' then it wouldn't be obsessed over as much as it is.

theres suppose to be a new dragonball series comming out in Japan soon. Infact I think it might already be out there

Yeah, it's called Naruto. :shifty:

The closest I've heard to anything about new in the realms of Dragonball is FUNimation acquiring the rights to some more of the (old) Dragonball Z movies. And PSP games, of course.

Apparently there was a whole hissy-fit about there maybe being a new Dragonball series back in 2002, when they were in fact just rereleasing the originals in Japan.

Edited by stokeriño

I've never been a fan of Ninja Scroll, but I suppose it fits your violence requirements. Akira and GitS fall into the cinematic catagory of "classics that you must see, but you'll probably never bother watching much again". I'm pretty certain that if Akira weren't 'a milestone in animation history' then it wouldn't be obsessed over as much as it is.

You more or less hit the nail on the head.

And I was going to recommend Eva, but I don't know if he wants a really complex plot or just straight violence.

I'm pretty sure that no Dragonball movie, animated or otherwise, has been made in the last 10 years (or in fact anything Dragonball-related at all since the last Dragonball GT Special back in 1997).

Edited by stokeriño

Guest StonedMonkey_Merk

Edited by StonedMonkey_Merk