March Madness

ACCBiggz

And it starts off with my favorite thing in the world...

Florida State stamps their ticket to the dance with a win over #1 Duke.

Stupid fans though, and I think they should have shown respect and not chanted "overrated" and clapped for those Duke seniors who have given so many good years to this sport and league. They all deserve it, congrads.

Tourny Time is closing in on us all. :)

I was literally jumping for joy when Duke lost. You have no idea how huge NCAA basketball is in North Carolina. Duke will still get a #1 Seed though, at least I think they should get it. But I'm really looking forward to this years tourney. It should be a good one (Y)

I'm a Maryland fan. We need to win the rest of our regular season games, hope some other teams lose, and then go deep in the ACC Tourney or it is time to go to the NIT. It's sad, the seniors were supposed to be the best recruiting class ever brought in. Well, Glichrest had problems with everybody in the program. McCray was having a great year and everything looked like it was going well, and then he became ineligible.

Anyway, my predictions for the tournament lie in UCONN who will have to prove me they won't win it all be losing in the tournament itself. I have a Rudy Gay and Josh Boone bias anyway since they are both Maryland natives.

Memphis or Gonzaga for the #1 in the West. UCONN for overall #1 seed. Duke gets South. Nova gets Midwest.

This year's tournament will exceed even last year's in unpredictability I think. After seeing A&M knock off Texas and FSU beat Duke I'm hopeful we'll see a wild tournament. I'd say there are about 8-10 teams who could easily "cruise" to the championship. Another 10-15 who could beat any of the aformentioned 8-10 and mess up brackets. And then about 35 more teams who could pull a huge 1st or 2nd round upset.

well I was speaking in general, College basketball is like football in florida and texas. I wasn't really talking to you I was talking to...everyone. But yea it'll be Duke, UCONN, Memphis, and Nova with the #1's. I really like Carolina's chances in this one. They might not make it to the final four, but I see at least the elite eight. Sweet sixteen at the worst. They've done good for such a young team.

I can not say they are flawed... I always say would you rather have a bubble team in from the ACC, Big10, etc. or from a mid-major?

MVC should get 4 in however, but I highly doubt the process is flawed, I feel they let more mid-majors in than deserved to simply add in that "Cinderella" upset feel to the tourny.

With the current state of parity in college basketball, I feel like the better "Mid Major" schools are easily comparable to any bubble major conference team.

Maybe so, but I feel differently because I have seen these other bubble teams compete with the best... because they constantly play them in their conferences. It is proven they can compete with them because we see it in nearly every conference games these guys have, and not just a guess that they can.

I'll agree more on your side. But early season victories over the best by the mid-majors sometimes do get overlooked.

Memphis is losing to UAB right now. This game has potential.

And I personally hope this Cameron Crazies cam shows the Crazies for being just like all the other fans in college who apparently are "totally direspectful" to Duke.

With the current state of parity in college basketball, I feel like the better "Mid Major" schools are easily comparable to any bubble major conference team.

Maybe so, but I feel differently because I have seen these other bubble teams compete with the best... because they constantly play them in their conferences. It is proven they can compete with them because we see it in nearly every conference games these guys have, and not just a guess that they can.

Because nobody is there to say "you can't do that" to them. I deal with it in high school, we have some serious heckling and jeering at my school's basketball games. They told us to get into the game, but not jeer. And nobody knew how to do that apparenty.

Back to the #1 seeds, Duke, UConn and Nova are definitely there, but, the fourth is still up for grabs, as Texas and Memphis both lost, I think this next week or so will determine that last seed, with next week being conference tourney time for the major conferences and today possibly being another Bracket Buster Saturday for some major school's instead of the mid-major ones.

Back to the #1 seeds, Duke, UConn and Nova are definitely there, but, the fourth is still up for grabs, as Texas and Memphis both lost, I think this next week or so will determine that last seed, with next week being conference tourney time for the major conferences and today possibly being another Bracket Buster Saturday for some major school's instead of the mid-major ones.