WCW 1995

Note- To avoid confusion, let me state this now. The diary begins when my character takes the job 2 days after Halloween Havoc in 1994. The events are similar with a few minor changes based on events that happened throughout the end of 1994 and into 1995. We are now picking up on September 4th, 1995, at the first WCW Monday Nitro. Below is what happened in those 10 months.

September 4th, 1995- 12:00 PM

Eight hours. Just eight hours away from history. If they had told me that this would be happening when I took this job, I never would have believed it. The last ten months of bickering, putting in long hours, and dealing with the headaches is finally about to pay off. Eight hours away from the debut of WCW Monday Nitro. Wow. We've come along way since I took over last November....

October 25th, 1994

I had my meeting with Ted Turner today and officially accepted the job as supervisor of World Championship Wrestling. Eric Bischoff was still in charge of the wrestling aspect, but I had the power to veto any idea that I felt was too much. I was also in charge of maintaining the finances and making sure everything ran smooth. Nobody denied Eric's creative genius, Ted just felt he needed a little help business wise and that help was me. I had worked for Ted in a few different capacities over the years, helping some of his smaller ventures get off the ground and built a name for myself, but this was definately my big break. WCW was his pride and joy.

While my hiring seemed to come almost out of nowhere to most people, Ted had been talking to me about it for quite some time. Bischoff's obsession with bringing in WWF creations was the start, then he started noticing how a lot of friends of WWF stars were getting contracts too. That's when he began questioning whether Bischoff was more of a fan than a boss. Still, business had been decent and nothing had happened to cause Ted to pull the trigger. Not until yesterday. The night before, on Sunday, Hulk Hogan had defeated Ric Flair in a retirement match for the World Title. That, in itself, was fine because everyone knew it was just a storyline and that Flair would be back in the spring. Unfortunately, Flair had other ideas and yesterday, delivered his notice of resignation to Ted Turner's offices. Ted checked into the whole ordeal and the concensus seemed to be that Flair didn't like the direction the company was headed under Bischoff and would rather just walk away now. Fast forward twenty-four hours and here I am, accepting my new position. My official start date isn't until Monday of the first week in November and I can't wait.

September 4th, 1995- 1:00 PM

Looking back, I wish I had waited. The locker room was a mess and it was clear that Hogan had complete control. He even had his best friend, known now as The Butcher, scheduled to face him at Starrcade. This was worse than nepitism. The rest of Starrcade seemed pretty weak as well, including Sting taking on Avalanche and Vader against Jim Duggan. Almost every match conveniently featured a friend of Hogan's and therefore, a significant part of Bischoff's WCW. Still, Starrcade didn't turn out as bad as we had all figured. Unfortunately, the buyrate didn't agree and Turner let us know about it.

January 3rd, 1995

Ted called the whole staff into a meeting today, upset about the initial numbers for Starrcade. While most of the room wanted to publicly call out Bischoff and his handling of Hulk Hogan's friends, we kept our mouth shut, figuring that things would pick up and we'd rather be on good terms with the man who was dubbed the future of WCW management. Bischoff had a grin on his face the whole time, even telling Turner to relax. His confidence is incredible, I wish I had it. He said that there was nothing to worry about, it's just people getting used to the change. Hogan's a proven draw and he'll work for us. When asked about the next pay per view, another big one throughout WCW history, Bischoff guaranteed that Superbrawl would run much smoother. I don't know what he has planned, but if Butcher's main eventing, there's a problem.

September 4th, 1995- 2:00 PM

After Clash of the Champions, me and Bischoff had a sit down where I expressed my concern over who was getting the pushes. He reminded me that I wasn't a wrestling guy and that I needed to focus on the numbers. I reminded him that pay per view buyrates are part of the numbers and who he pushes is what gets us those numbers. Me and Eric never did really see eye to eye but our relationship was managable, we never got into any major arguments and never took it public. Really, it was a smooth few months and Eric had turned WCW into a well oiled machine for the most part. He'd started developing young talent and had the main event scene smoothed out. There weren't any problems until the day after Slamboree.

May 22nd, 1995

When I arrived to the booking meeting today, I was surprised that Bischoff wore a scowl on his face. I knew the show last night had been a huge success in everyone's eyes and anytime there's a new champion, there's excitement in the air. But not today. I asked him what was up and he pulled me aside, telling me I might finally get my wish. I didn't know what he was referring to, but he told me that Hulk Hogan had confided in him that he may just retire from wrestling and focus on his movie career. I explained that I didn't like the way Hogan got his friends to be in key matches, but I had no problems with Hogan himself and as a businessman, I'd be a fool to not want Hogan in the company. He's a huge draw, probably the biggest draw in wrestling right now. This was definately a huge and I know I'll have to work with Bischoff to get this one fixed.

September 4th, 1995- 4:00 PM

Unfortunately, there was no fixing it, not fully anyway. Hogan agreed not to retire, but did want some time off. In order to make this happen, he had to agree to lose a number one contenders match to Sting, which he did at Great American Bash. That put Sting in the main event and let Hogan fade away for as long as he needed to. There was only one other condition that I threw in there...he had to work Starrcade 95'. This was also about the same time that Bischoff finally convinced Ted Turner to let him go head to head with WWF on Monday Nights. Turner granted Eric a one hour show on TNT called Monday Nitro and the whole locker room was buzzed about it. Again, I expected Eric to be jumping for joy, but he seemed sort of lost in his own thoughts.

June 15th, 1995

I talked to Eric today, asking him why he wasn't happy. He had Hogan agreeing to come back for Starrcade and lose a match to Sting in three days. He had a brand new TV show about to kick off and he was going head to head with WWF. I figured he had nothing to be upset about. He told me that he had a decision to make it and it might be the toughest of his career. After further prying, he informed me that Vince McMahon had made him an offer and with Hogan talking about retirement, he thinks he should take it. He's worried that WCW will fail without Hogan and he'll miss out on his one opportunity to make it to the WWF. I have to tell Turner, but Bischoff swore me to secrecy and I don't want to become the locker room snitch. Still, I wonder who could take his place if he does leave....

September 4th, 1995- 6:00 PM

That somebody...was me. When Bischoff finally did hand in his resignation after Great American Bash, Turner approached me and asked me if I'd be comfortable enough to give it a shot. He said I could put together a committee for help on decisions related to wrestling, but he wanted me in charge of the product. I had to agree, I'd be a fool not to. And now, here we are. The first Monday of the first week of September, 1995. And in less than two hours, I'm competing directly with the WWF. Boy, it's been a wild year....

The Major Events

Starrcade

Vader d. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan for the US Title

Alex Wright d. Jean Paul Levesque

Johnny B. Badd d. Arn Anderson

Nasty Boys d. Harlem Heat by DQ

Mr. T d. Kevin Sullivan

Sting d. Avalanche

Hulk Hogan d. The Butcher

Clash of the Champions

Harlem Heat d. Stars and Stripes to retain tag titles

Alex Wright d. Bobby Eaton

Johnny B. Badd d. Steven Regal to retain the TV Title

Sting/Randy Savage d. The Butcher/Avalanche w/Kevin Sullivan

Hulk Hogan d. Vader by DQ

Superbrawl

Brian Pillman d. Johnny B. Badd for TV Title

Faces of Fear (Avalanche/Butcher w/Kevin Sullivan) d. Stars & Stripes

Nasty Boys d. Harlem Heat to win tag titles

Dustin Rhodes d. Big Bubba Rogers

Arn Anderson d. Sting for vacant US Title

Vader d. Hulk Hogan by DQ

Uncensored

Arn Anderson d. Randy Savage to retain US TItle

Pretty Wonderful d. Nasty Boys to win tag titles

Brian Pillman d. Johnny B. Badd to retain TV Title

Meng d. The Patriot

Sting d. Dick Slater

Vader d. Jim Duggan in a cage

Slamboree

Johnny B. Badd d. Chris Kanyon

Pretty Wonderful d. Harlem Heat and Nasty Boys to retain tag team titles

Brian Pillman d. Alex Wright to retain TV Title

Meng d. Marcus Alexander Bagwell

Arn Anderson d. Diamond Dallas Page to retain US Title

Sting d. Lord Steven Regal

Vader d. Hulk Hogan for World Title

Great American Bash

Johnny B. Badd d. Alex Wright

Brian Pillman d. Bobby Eaton to retain TV Title

Pretty Wonderful d. Stars & Stripes to retain Tag Team Titles

Arn Anderson d. Jim Duggan to retain US Title

Dustin Rhodes d. Meng to stop Meng's streak of terrorizing victories

Sting d. Hulk Hogan for number one contendership

Vader d. Randy Savage to retain World Title

Bash at the Beach

Meng d. Jim Duggan

Johnny B. Badd d. Brian Pillman to win TV Title

Nasty Boys d. Stars & Stripes, Harlem Heat, and Pretty Wonderful to win Tag Titles

Dustin Rhodes d. Arn Anderson by DQ, Arn retains US Title

Randy Savage d. Harley Race

Vader d. Sting to retain World Title

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thederekeffect1

I like the idea of Alex Wright as a top face. Of course, most scenerios don't give Alex Wright good stats. Like people think Alex Wright was some nobody without talent. The truth is he had a lot of talent, and a lot of charisma when he first started also. WCW just didn't push him correctly. I usually edit his stats before I begin WCW games for that reason.

Sweet, you're back with a diary ..... NICE !

I am more than on the Pretty Wonderful bandwagon, I'm driving the bastard. I loved Orndorff and always wished he'd have gone over instead of Hogan (waaaaaay back in the day).

Great start, can't wait to see what you've got cookin.

Curios, no mention of the Road Warriors (They'd def be 'major face' players) ? Hopefully there will be some Muta sightings as well.

Nitro 1- Monday, First Week of September, 1995

The Opening- 1 minute

The Nitro logo appears on the screen, then breaks into pieces as the pyro hits, sparks shooting off everywhere, lasers flying around the arena, the crowd trying their best to see through the light layer of smoke, then the cameras settle in on Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan, and Larry Zbysko sitting at the announce table. Schiavone welcomed everyone to the first ever Monday Nitro, being held in WCW's hometown, Atlanta GA. Alex Wright's music hit and he started making his way down to the ring while Schiavone informed us that we didn't know who his opponent was and that it's just one of many surprises expected tonight.

I Gotta Face Who?- 3 minutes, C+ Rating

Wright stood in the ring, looking up the aisle way. Three solid drum beats followed by a classical, majestic beat. The curtains spread themselves and out stepped "The Model" Rick Martel to a surprised crowd, who initially popped for him. Martel had a smile on his face and looked in great condition. He had a mic in his hand and looked towards the ring.

"The Model" Rick Martel: So this is what passes for a wrestler around here? Looks to me like you need to eat a sandwich and go back to being a ballerina.

Weak reaction from the crowd, but they're not popping for him anymore.

"The Model" Rick Martel: Oh oh, excuse me...not a sandwich...you need some bratwurst. It's ok though, not everyone can have the picture perfect physique that I possess. I mean, you ugly people serve a purpose too. Without you to compare myself to, the World may never know my true perfection.

That one got the boos he was looking for and Martel just cheesed it up even more.

"The Model" Rick Martel: Enough talk. Let me go ahead and show you that my perfection goes far beyond looks, I'm just as good in the ring as I am out of it.

Martel dropped the mic and got ready for the match.

Alex Wright vs. Rick Martel- 8 minutes, 6 of action, C Rating

Martel stepped into the ring, looking Wright up and down with a smirk. The bell rang and the two locked up, Martel raised a knee and shoved Wright into the corner with a laugh. Wright came back out but ducked the lock up, going under Martel and kicking him in the midsection upon the turnaround. Wright with a standing swinging neckbreaker, then dropped an elbow to the chest of Martel. He sent Martel into the ropes and attempted a dropkick, but Martel hung onto the ropes with his arms and Wright dropped hard to the mat. Martel grabbed Wright's feet and turned him over for the boston crab but Wright was ready for that and straightened his legs. As soon as Wright got to his feet, Martel kneed him in the midsection, then hammered him in the back before lifting him for a vertical suplex. Martel stood up after the move and brushed his chest off, again looking far too confident. Wright got up and Martel connected with an inverted atomic drop, then an inverted russian leg sweep, driving Wright head first into the mat. Martel tried to whip Wright into the corner, but Alex reversed it. Wright came walking up to the corner and Martel stopped him with a thumb to the eye. Martel hopped up to the second turnbuckle and delivered an elbow to the top of Wright's head followed by a DDT. Martel stood up and told referee Charles Robinson to get ready because it was about to be over. Martel took his time walking over to the legs of Alex Wright and went for the boston crab but before he could put it on, Wright sat up, grabbed Martel, and rolled him up in a small package. Charles Robinson was there like Martel wanted him to be, but he counted the three for Wright and the young german quickly rolled out of the ring with a victory.

Winner: Alex Wright

Commercial Break

Be Careful What You Ask For- 5 minutes, A- Rating

The cameras went backstage where Gene Okerlund was standing by with Sting.

Gene Okerlund: Stinger, at Bash at the Beach, you came up just short against Vader in your hunt for the World Title. But right now, there's no clear cut number one contender...where do you feel you stand?

Sting: Where do I stand? Let me tell you where I stand Gene Okerlund. There's not one person, not one, who can say they deserve a shot more than the Stinger. Randy Savage, hurt. Hulk Hogan, missing in action. Ric Flair, retired. You tell me one other person who has a chance in hell of beating Vader and getting the World TItle off of him.

Gene Okerlund: No arguing that. So what's holding you back from getting what you want?

Sting: That's simple. Vader and Harley Race. Vader knows how close I was at Bash at the Beach and he knows giving me one more chance will be career suicide. He knows it and Harley Race knows it. They don't want part of the Stinger Gene-O and I don't blame em, not one bit-

Sting's stopped right there by the presence of Vader and Harley Race stepping into the interview area. Sting immediately points to the World Title.

Gene Okerlund: Harley Race, you know this isn't your time, what are you doing here?

Harley Race: Okerlund, I'm just here to spread the truth, to clear the people's minds of these vicious lies being spewed out of this man's mouth. Imagine, Big Van Vader...scared?

Sting reached over and grabbed the mic.

Sting: Then give me what I want Harley, give me Vader!

Harley smiled with his response.

Harley Race: You want some of this man right here? Are you sure about that?

Sting went to respond, but before he could, he was knocked to the ground by Paul Orndorff from behind. Paul Roma entered the picture too and together, they stomped away at Sting on the concrete floor. Vader and Race just stood there, watching and laughing. Finally, Roma and Orndorff finished and Race grabbed the mic.

Harley Race: Remember. You want one of us, you get all of us.

Race laughs to himself as he leads the trio off.

Commercial Break

Good Genes- 2 minutes, C- Rating

A video rolled footage of a golf course, showing the plush green with a closeup on the flag stick. Within seconds, a ball rolls into the cup and the camera pans out, but finds nobody on the green. It continues to pan around until you see a man, roughly 150 yards away. He started making his way forward, the camera seemingly meeting him halfway and you recognize him as Marty Jannetty of Rockers fame. He's in full golf attire, the khaki pants and a polo shirt, his long black hair in a pony tail. He smiled to the camera as it approached.

Marty Jannetty: Oh, you saw that? What can I say, I got lucky. But that's not what you're here for. You're here because you know it's only a short matter of time before I step into a WCW ring. And when I do, I guarantee I won't need any luck. Afterall, I am the Genetic Godsend.

Jannetty winked to the camera and pulled a putter out of the bag as the footage stopped and the cameras went to the ring.

Harlem Heat vs. Stars & Stripes- 10 minutes. 8 minutes of action, C+ Rating

Booker T started things off against Bagwell and took the initial advantage. After a couple of forearm shivers and a bodyslam, Booker missed an elbow drop and Bagwell was able to whip him into the corner and follow up with a clothesline. Bagwell used another irish whip but Booker charged out of the corner with a clothesline before Bagwell could follow up. That led to a tag to Stevie Ray who stomped Bagwell in the midsection while Booker held him in an abdominal stretch. Stevie used his power, drilling Bagwell in the back with powerful double axe handle blows, then finally lifting him up into a bearhug, keeping the focus on the back. Stevie kept yelling for Bagwell to give up, but Patriot in the corner got the crowd into it by slapping the turnbuckle and Bagwell started to revive himself. He double earclapped Stevie twice, then used a headbutt to finally break the hold. While he was rubbing his head, Stevie took him down with a hard clothesline and made the tag to Booker T. Booker charged at Bagwell, who lifted him straight up and dropped him throat first on the top rope, which gave Marcus enough time to make the hot tag to Patriot. Patriot came in with a fury of right and left punches to Booker T. Patriot whipped Booker into the ropes and delivered a sidewalk slam, getting a two count from Slick Johnson. Stevie came in after the pin attempt, but Patriot saw him coming and turned, stopping him with a boot to the abs, followed by a bodyslam. Patriot sent Booker into one corner, then sent Stevie to the other. He hit a big splash on Stevie in the corner, but when he tried the same against Booker T, Booker managed to spin out of the corner with a spin kick and caught Patriot in the gut. Booker delivered an axe kick to the back of Patriot's neck, then went for the pin. Bagwell made the save, but Stevie Ray came and fought him off, throwing him over the top rope to the outside. Stevie Ray delivered a sidewalk slam of his own to Patriot, then pointed to the top rope. Booker T went up and delivered the Harlem Hangover. Stevie threw Slick Johnson to the mat and demanded he make the count, which he did.

Winner: Harlem Heat

Commercial Break

"Stunning" Steve Austin vs. Johnny B. Badd for TV Title- 10 minutes, 8 minutes of action, B Rating

Steve Austin came out to real nice pop, but Johnny just waved the crowd off and motioned for him to get in the ring. As soon as he did, Badd slid outside. Austin followed and the chase began. Badd slid back into the ring, prompting the bell, and when Austin followed, Badd stomped him down to the mat and told the fans he's a baaaaad man. Badd lifted Austin to his feet, connecting with a quick left jab, then another, then rolled his fists before delivering the big right that knocked Austin down. Badd went for the cover, but barely got two. He backed Austin into the ropes, getting into his face with a verbal assault, then drove a forearm into his chest. Badd whipped Austin into the opposite ropes, but Austin ducked a clothesline, hit the ropes, and took Badd down with a flying clothesline. Badd got back up and Austin went for another clothesline, instead wrapping Badd up in a sleeper like move and falling forward, dropping him on the back of his head. Austin slipped to the outside, pulling Badd with him to the edge of the ring so that Badd's head hung over the side. Austin drove an elbow into his throat twice and rolled him back in. Badd backed himself into the corner while seated and begged off of Austin. As Austin came closer, Badd pulled Nick Patrick in between him and Austin, then popped out from behind Patrick with a cheap shot on Austin. Badd pulled Austin down by his hair and dropped a legdrop into Austin's upper body. Badd went for the pin but only got a two count. Badd grabbed Austin, kicking him in the midsection, then ran him face first into the corner. Austin with a back elbow turned the momentum into his favor and put Badd against the turnbuckles. Austin with right hands, then hooked Badd in a front face lock, holding him high in the air with a vertical suplex before dropping him in the middle of the ring. Austin pulled Badd up to his feet and this time delivered a snap suplex, Badd hitting the mat hard and rolling to the outside of the ring towards the ring announcer's chair. Austin again gave chase, but when he approached Badd, Badd turned around and drove the Television title into his face. Austin stumbled back and managed to roll into the ring, but Badd followed and again drove the belt into the face of Austin, this time on the mat. Nick Patrick had no chance but to disqualify Badd, but Badd still walked back up the aisle holding the Television title.

Winner by Disqualification: Steve Austin

Commercial Break

Betrayal? By Who?- 2 minutes, B- Rating

A door burst open and Steve Austin stormed into the locker room, physically turning Brian Pillman around, who was going through a bag. Austin quickly got in his face.

"Stunning" Steve Austin: What was that? Where the hell were you?

Pillman looked genuinely confused.

Brian Pillman: Whoa! What are you talkin about?

"Stunning" Steve Austin: You just stood back here while I got blasted with the damn Television title twice?

Brian Pillman: Look, Steve, I don't know anything about that. I've been sick to my stomach in the bathroom for the last thirty minutes. You know I would have been out there if I'd known, you know that.

"Stunning" Steve Austin: What I know is that I got blasted in the head and you didn't do a damn thing about it. That's what I know.

Austin slammed the door shut on the cameraman as their argument continued.

Hail to the Chief-. 1 minute

From the turmoil in the locker room to the peace and quiet outside the WCW Executive office. Gene Okerlund was once again standing by, this time with Nick Kingsbury, at least that's what the name on the screen said.

Gene Okerlund: I'm here with Nick Kingsbury, here to make an announcement on behalf of Ted Turner. Mr. Kingsbury?

Nick Kingsbury: Thank you Gene. Yes, it was agreed upon today that WCW needs some order and that's why next week, right here on WCW Monday Nitro on TNT, I will personally introduce the brand new WCW President!

Gene Okerlund: Oh my! Who is it going to be?

Nick Kingsbury: It's someone you'll all recognize and someone who we can trust to run WCW on a day to day basis. This man will have control over everything WCW related.

Gene Okerlund: What an announcement from Nick Kingsbury, speaking on behalf of Ted Turner himself. Next week, ladies and gentlemen, a new WCW President! What a night!

Okerlund's enthusiasm is great and the announce crew really played it up well also. They helped smooth an otherwise awkward transition while nothing was going on in the ring.

Back Home- 4 minutes, B Rating

Then a fast, hard rock beat played over the PA system and everyone again turned towards the curtains, not sure who they were going to see. Within seconds, Ron Simmons crashed through and stepped out onto the rampway, getting a huge ovation from the WCW loyalists who remember him as a World Champion. Simmons stormed his way to the ring and slid in, playing to the crowd a bit before picking up the microphone that was left for him.

Ron Simmons: So World Championship Wrestling has gone and gotten them a TV show on Monday Nights. What a World. It was just a couple weeks ago, I was wrestling in bingo halls and answering phone calls from somewhere in Connecticut. I'll be honest, the phone calls were nice but I've never been a big fan of the cold and I heard there aren't too many black folk in Connecticut. So I figured I'd come back home to the south, back to World Championship Wrestling, back where I belong. But things aren't how I left them. Harley Race is running roughshed over the place. He's got the World Champion, the US Champion, and the former Tag Champions. Supposedly, they're an unstoppable force. I've never been one to back down from a challenge and shutting down an unstoppable force, well that seems like one hell of a challenge if you ask me.

The crowd popped at that statement, picturing a Ron Simmons-Vader matchup in their minds.

Ron Simmons: But first things first. First, I've got to make my return to this ring and I've most definately gotta whoop someone's ass. This is primetime cable, right? I can say that. So here's what I'm going to do. Since I haven't been around and really don't have anyone to single out, I'm issuing an open challenge. Any of you girl scouts in the back want a chance to step in against a real World Champion, here's your chance. Next week, on Nitro, I'm going to come out and there better be someone ready to take me on. If not, I'll pick someone. But next week, someone's ass is gettin whooped.

Simmons dropped the mic and left to a huge ovation, a combination of old school WCW fans who remember him and new school fans who like the attitude he just brought to the product.

Commercial Break

Dustin Rhodes vs. Arn Anderson for US Title- 14 mins, 12 of action, A Rating

Dustin Rhodes had the crowd behind him and was ready to go. He stared Arn Anderson all the way down the aisle and into the ring. The only time he took his eyes off of him was the exact time that Arn struck, demonstrating why he's the US Champ and prompting the bell to ring. Arn quickly ran Dustin's face into the top turnbuckle four or five times before lifting him with a side suplex and dropping him neck first in the middle of the ring. Arn went for the quick pin, but Randy Anderson couldn't even get to two. Arn kept Dustin on the mat, connecting with solid left hands to the head before standing up and pulling Rhodes with him. Arn walked Rhodes over to the corner, again ramming his head into the turnbuckle, then putting him backfirst in the corner and delivering solid body blows with his left fist. Arn went for an irish whip but held onto Dustin and pulled him into a knee. He repeated it, again doubling Rhodes over with a knee. Arn drove his elbow into the back of Rhodes neck and again went for the pin, getting a two count. Arn pulled Rhodes up, going for an irish whip but Rhodes reversed it, sending Arn into the ropes. Rhodes quickly locked in a sleeper hold, exciting the crowd and giving himself a chance to catch his breath and maybe stand a chance. Arn initially tried to fight it off, but soon found himself falling victim to it's effects, even going as far as to drop to one knee. That was when he mustered up enough guts to stand up and back Rhodes into the corner, breaking the hold. But when Arn turned around, Rhodes got the punch in first and then put Arn back first in the corner and went to town with a series of punches. Rhodes lifted Arn up to the top turnbuckle and climbed up with him, rocking Arn with two more solid right hands, then hooked him and delivered a killer superplex, Arn bouncing off the mat on impact. Rhodes went for the cover, but Arn kicked out at two, showing the courage of a champion. Rhodes with a couple more punches to soften Arm up, then an irish whip followed by a back body drop. Rhodes with another pin attempt that didn't get the three count. He sent Arn into the corner and followed him in with a stiff clothesline that took Arn off his feet and dropped him to the seat of his tights. Randy Anderson stepped in, checking on Arn and that allowed Arn to pull Rhodes by his tights face first into the top turnbuckle. Arn slid to the outside, taking a second to catch his breath, then pulled Rhodes by his feet and drove Rhodes' left knee into the ring post. Arn rolled back in, pulling Rhodes to his feet and gave him a kneebreaker for his trouble. Arn was in total control, stomping away at the back of Rhodes' knee and looked like he was ready to end it. He sent Rhodes into the ropes, looking for the spinebuster but when Arn lifted him up, Dustin grabbed Arn's head and came down with a DDT that put Arn out instantly. Rhodes managed to drape his arm over Arn's shoulder and Randy Anderson made the three count, giving Dustin the huge upset.

Winner and NEW United States Champion: Dustin Rhodes

Scene faded to black with Rhodes celebrating.

Overall Rating of B

Attendance of 15,000 w/ 1,325,124 viewers

Pretty good stuff Phenom. The opening match was definitely the best thing on the show, As it not only featured Alex Wright, But it had Rick Martel. I hope you push both men to the moon. Not sure I like Jannetty being there, But you already know my feelings on Jannetty. I hope that Dustin winning the US title will be just a way to get the belt onto a better heel. I liked the US title being the main event, But for your first Nitro, I think you needed someone like Sting or Vader in the main event. Can't wait to see who the new president is. (Y)

Saturday Night 1- Saturday, First Week of September, 1995

The Opening- 3 minutes

WCW Saturday Night opened up with a big announcement about Fall Brawl/War Games being just over two weeks away. It's scheduled to take place on the third Sunday in September. They talked about how no official matches have been announced, but there has been speculation. Schiavone also announces that next week on Saturday Night, there will be an official announcement from the new WCW President about the annual War Games match and who the participants will be. A lot of big stuff coming very soon for WCW.

Chris Kanyon vs. Blacktop Bully- 11 minutes, C- Rating

Blacktop Bully with the attack just before the bell, taking Kanyon and running him through the ropes to the outside. Bully started laughing until Kanyon reached through the ropes and drug him outside too. It didn't take long for Bully to re-compose himself, running Kanyon's head into anything metal that he could find before rolling him back into the ring. In the ring, Kanyon reversed an irish whip and dropped Bully with a samoan drop. After a failed pin attempt, Kanyon remained in control, using various takedowns into submissions, like his firemans carry into an armbar. Kanyon didn't do anything to get the crowd into it, so his offense wasn't met with a ton of reaction. In the end, it was Kanyon with a facebuster that he calls the Cave In for the win.

Winner: Chris Kanyon

Commercial Break- 1 Minute

Bagwell prematch interview- 2 minutes, C Rating

Backstage, Gene Okerlund is standing by with Marcus Bagwell. His partner, The Patriot, is in the background but it's just Bagwell standing next to Okerlund.

Gene Okerlund: I'm here with one half of Stars & Stripes, Marcus Bagwell. Marcus, tonight you face Jean Paul-Levesque, a young energetic up and comer. How will you keep him from pulling off the upset?

Marcus Bagwell: There's no question he's got ability and he's got a lot of desire, but I'm not exactly a slouch, now am I? All I can do is go out there and wrestle my kind of match and hope things work out alright.

Gene Okerlund: Should anything happen, can we expect Patriot to become involved?

Marcus Bagwell: Patriot will only show up if he needs to. As long as things stay one on one, I'll win, you can count on that. Now if you excuse me, I've gotta get to the ring.

Bagwell walks off, getting a pat on the back from Patriot as he leaves. Patriot then turns to the camera with an odd look on his face. Okerlund doesn't notice.

Gene Okerlund: And there you have it. Marcus Bagwell all set to take on Jean Paul Levesque in our first match. Two of the young stars in WCW, it should be a good one. Let's go to the ring!

Scene fades from Okerlund to the ring where Jean Paul-Levesque is making his way down the aisle.

Marcus Bagwell vs. Jean Paul-Levesque- 11 minutes, C+ Rating

Jean Paul-Levesque did a great job of playing the snob role to the crowd, even pulling his body back from a young female wanting to touch him. Once in the ring, he took all of the fast paced Marcus Bagwell offense and slowed it down to his slower, methodical tempo. Levesque executed an armdrag takedown, followed it up with a legdrop onto the arm of Bagwell. Levesque didn't go for the pin, instead he pulled Bagwell to his feet and sent him into the ropes, but when Levesque leaped, Bagwell overturned him and dumped him on his head. Bagwell ran Levesque over with two clotheslines, then delivered a gutbuster that had Levesque coughing. That was all the set up that Bagwell needed. He went up to the second turnbuckle, played to the crowd, then finished Levesque off with the Blockbuster.

Winner: Marcus Bagwell

Nitro Replay- 4 minutes, A- Rating

A clip from Nitro, showing Ron Simmons return to the company, played next.

Back Home- 4 minutes, B Rating

Then a fast, hard rock beat played over the PA system and everyone again turned towards the curtains, not sure who they were going to see. Within seconds, Ron Simmons crashed through and stepped out onto the rampway, getting a huge ovation from the WCW loyalists who remember him as a World Champion. Simmons stormed his way to the ring and slid in, playing to the crowd a bit before picking up the microphone that was left for him.

Ron Simmons: So World Championship Wrestling has gone and gotten them a TV show on Monday Nights. What a World. It was just a couple weeks ago, I was wrestling in bingo halls and answering phone calls from somewhere in Connecticut. I'll be honest, the phone calls were nice but I've never been a big fan of the cold and I heard there aren't too many black folk in Connecticut. So I figured I'd come back home to the south, back to World Championship Wrestling, back where I belong. But things aren't how I left them. Harley Race is running roughshed over the place. He's got the World Champion, the US Champion, and the former Tag Champions. Supposedly, they're an unstoppable force. I've never been one to back down from a challenge and shutting down an unstoppable force, well that seems like one hell of a challenge if you ask me.

The crowd popped at that statement, picturing a Ron Simmons-Vader matchup in their minds.

Ron Simmons: But first things first. First, I've got to make my return to this ring and I've most definately gotta whoop someone's ass. This is primetime cable, right? I can say that. So here's what I'm going to do. Since I haven't been around and really don't have anyone to single out, I'm issuing an open challenge. Any of you girl scouts in the back want a chance to step in against a real World Champion, here's your chance. Next week, on Nitro, I'm going to come out and there better be someone ready to take me on. If not, I'll pick someone. But next week, someone's ass is gettin whooped.

Simmons dropped the mic and left to a huge ovation, a combination of old school WCW fans who remember him and new school fans who like the attitude he just brought to the product.

Solid start ...

I agree that someone like Sting, or Vader should have main evented Nitro (even if a squash), but I did like the US Title match, and ... am I the only person that actually LIKES Dustin Rhodes ? (maybe I'm one of the few that actually remembers how good he was in the early-mid 90's).

follow up on Sat Night was good, and very accurate with more than one or two 'big names' showing up !

Nitro 2- Monday, Second Week of September, 1995

The New President- 3 Minutes, C- Rating

"Mean" Gene Okerlund is standing in the middle of the ring by himself, mic in hand. He looks around the crowd before addressing them.

Gene Okerlund: Nick Kingsbury has asked me to come out here and make an announcement that will forever change the face of World Championship Wrestling.

The crowd started to chant "We Want Flair, We Want Flair", but Okerlund just looked and smiled.

Gene Okerlund: I now present to you, the brand new World Championship Wrestling President....ladies and gentlemen....Terry....Taylor!

The crowd pops a little bit, but not the huge ovation that would normally be expected for a new President. Terry Taylor stepped out from behind the curtain and made his way down to the ring, shaking hands with some of the fans, taking in whatever adulation there was from the crowd. He stepped into the ring, straightening out his suit, then shook the hand of Gene Okerlund and took the mic.

Terry Taylor: Gene, if ya don't mind, I'd just like to address the people real quick.

Gene Okerlund: By all means Mr. President, go right ahead.

Okerlund stepped aside and let Taylor have the floor.

Terry Taylor: I know I'm not exactly who you expected...or even wanted.

Again, the Ric Flair chants start up and Taylor acknowledges him.

Terry Taylor: Oh trust me, I don't blame you at all. If I had it my way, he'd be here but unfortunately, it's just not going to happen. And I'm not going to come out here and tell you that I'm going to be the greatest President of all time, or that I'm going to make every right decision, or have the personality of Flair. All I can do is be me. To the boys in the back who don't know about me, it's simple. I'm always real with what I say. If I say something's going to happen, then dammit, it's going to happen. I'm not going to get bullied by anyone. If you think you can intimidate me into making a decision in your favor, think again. And if you try? I guarantee it'll backfire on you. All I'm asking for is a shot. Give me a chance to get WCW to where it needs to be. That's all I need...one chance. Just give me that.

Taylor dropped the mic and got more claps than he did when he was first introduced, the fans impressed with the honesty in his statement, the real emotion behind it.

An Interruption.- 3 Minutes, B- Rating

Before Taylor can step out of the ring though, he's stopped by the music of Steven Regal, who comes out from the back in a suit of his own. He stopped on the rampway and looked towards the new President.

Steven Regal: Since you're the new man with power around this miserable place, allow me to come to you with a request. Ever since I came to WCW, I've been treated as a joke, put into tag matches, not given any credible opponents. I know you pathetic Americans fear what will happen if I get a chance, but dammit sunshine, I want some respect.

Taylor shrugged his shoulders and grabbed the mic again.

Terry Taylor: What do you want me to do?

Steven Regal: Fall Brawl is coming up and all I want is a respectable opponent, someone who's actually done something. I'm tired of beating up nineteen year old punks who're more focused on the blonde piece of tail at ringside than the guy trying to break their body.

Terry Taylor: Like say, a former Television and Tag Team champion?

Steven Regal: Precisely.

Terry Taylor: Then it's settled. At Fall Brawl, Steven Regal, you will take on Brian Pillman. Make the most of it.

Regal nodded his head, seemingly satisfied, then walked off to the back while Taylor finally left the ring and started making his way up the aisle as well.

Commercial Break

Rick Martel vs. Brad Armstrong- 8 Minutes, C+ Rating

Martel stepped into the ring and ran his hand down his chest, then flicked the sweat towards the audience in disgust. The bell rang and the two locked up with Armstrong getting the advantage, taking Martel down with an armdrag. He went to lock an armbar submission in, but Martel flipped his way out of it and twisted Armstrong into an armbar of his own. Martel held the armbar and managed to dropkick Armstrong in the side, still holding onto the arm, trying to seperate his shoulder. Martel repeated the same move, then used the armbar to irish whip Armstrong into the ropes. Martel tried for a hiptoss, but Armstrong reversed it and hip tossed Martel, who got back up only to get taken down with another one. Armstrong dropkicked Martel into the corner, but when he approached to follow up, Martel kneed him in the midsection, then delivered a facebuster in the middle of the ring. Martel went for the pin but only got a two count. He pulled Armstrong back to his feet, talked some trash to him, then took a right hand to the jaw for mouthing off. Martel responded with another knee to the midsection, then snap suplexed Armstrong back to the mat. Martel got up in a rage of fury and stomped Armstrong repeatedly. Martel took some time to argue with the fans while Armstrong tried to get to his feet. Once he did, Martel snap suplexed him again and this time rolled him over, putting on the boston crab. Within seconds, Armstrong was tapping out and Martel was awarded the match.

Winner: Rick Martel

And A Challenge- 1 Minute, C Rating

Martel rolled out of the ring, walked over to the timekeeper and demanded a microphone. Once he got what he wanted, Martel rolled back into the ring and put mic to mouth.

Rick Martel: What happened last week was a travesty, a fluke, something that never should have happened and will never happen again. Alex Wright isn't half the man that I am. He's a skinny, ugly, untalented waste of a contract and for it to be in the records that he beat me, well, I just can't have that. Afterall, I do have a reputation to uphold. So at Fall Brawl, I want a re-match Alex. When I beat you, and I will beat you, I want that loss taken off the records. C'mon Alex, you don't have anything to lose...except the biggest win of your career.

Martel smirked, then dropped the mic and rolled out of the ring.

Another Request.- 1 Minute, B Rating

Backstage, Terry Taylor is playing the new role, shaking hands and taking his congratulations. He shakes the hand of Jimmy Hart, then is approached by Arn Anderson, who doesn't put his hand out, instead crossing his arms and standing in front of Taylor.

Arn Anderson: Congratulations and all that, but that's not what I'm here for. I just want to know one thing...when are you putting me back in the ring with Dustin Rhodes so I can take the United States title back?

Taylor nodded his head and put his hand on Arn's shoulder.

Terry Taylor: Back in the ring with Rhodes, huh? How about this...on WCW Saturday Night, I'll have an answer for that.

Arn Anderson: Saturday Night?

Terry Taylor: Saturday Night.

Arn nodded his head and said alright, then removed Taylor's hand from his shoulder and walked off.

Commercial Break

Johnny B. Badd vs. The Patriot for the Television Title- 10 Minutes, B Rating

Patriot came into a real nice pop and used that to start off on fire, rocking Badd with a series of left hands to the forehead followed by an irish whip that lifted Badd up into the air when he hit the corner. The clothesline that followed did the same and Badd ended up on his back. Patriot pulled Badd up, but Badd waved him off and dropped him with a jawbreaker, then stood up with an uppercut and followed that with a thesz press followed by right hands to the side of Patriot's head. Badd stood up, pulling Patriot with him, and send Patriot to the corner. As he walked over to follow up, Badd kept pointing to his chest and saying he's a bad man, just in case someone doubted him. He lifted Patriot up to the top turnbuckle, then climbed up to the second turnbuckle himself, connecting with more right hands to the side of Patriots head, then hooked him in a front facelock for a superplex. Patriot fought out of it with left punches to the ribs of Badd and eventually, Badd fell off the turnbuckle, still landing on his feet. Patriot grabbed his head and delivered a tornado DDT, going for the pin but only getting a two count. Badd got up slowly and walked into a scoop slam by Patriot, who then bounced off the ropes for momentum and delivered a nice jumping elbow, getting good elevation on the jump. Patriot tried another pin attempt but again only got a two count. He pulled Badd up, then backed him into the ropes. Patriot delivered a forearm shot to his chest, then sent Badd across the ring, looking for a back body drop. Badd stopped and dropped Patriot with a stiff DDT but he couldn't get a three count either. Badd stood up, staring at Patriot, who was trying to do the same. With Patriot on one knee, Badd kneed him in the side of the head, then reached down and pulled him up to his feet. Badd lifted Patriot into the air, then brought him down with a gutbuster before letting Patriot fall to the mat. Badd then stepped up the turnbuckles, all the way to the top. Again, he shouted out to the crowd that he was a bad man, then delivered a moonsault, coming down hard on the midsection of Patriot. Badd made the cover and successfully defended the TV Title.

Winner: Marc Mero

Good Decision?.- 3 Minutes, C+ Rating

Backstage, Brian Pillman and Steve Austin both walked up to President Terry Taylor. Neither one seemed to happy.

Terry Taylor: Ah, I figured I'd be seeing you guys sometime tonight.

Brian Pillman: What's the deal with putting me against Regal? I don't mind, but I figured me and Steve would be in a tag match, maybe even for the titles.

Taylor nodded his head and looked at Austin.

Terry Taylor: I understand that...

Steve Austin: Then what happened?

Terry Taylor: After what happened last Monday Night, I just thought that you deserved another shot at the Television Title and Johnny B. Badd.

Austin seemed surprised by the decision and Pillman seemed upset.

Steve Austin: So I get Badd? For the title?

Terry Taylor: That's right.

Austin smiled and nodded his head, grabbing Pillman and started to lead him off down the hall.

Steve Austin: Alright then, works for me. Let's go Bri.

Pillman doesn't seem quite as happy, but lets Steve lead him off anyway as Taylor smiled, happy with his decision.

Commercial Break

Ron Simmons vs. Kevin Sullivan- Meng helps Sullivan- 12 Minutes, B Rating

Kevin Sullivan stepped into the ring surprisingly confident, causing even Simmons to look around questioningly. The two locked up and Simmons easily powered Sullivan to the mat. Sullivan went to lock up again, but instead kicked Simmons in the midsection, then came down with a double axe handle to his back twice. Sullivan hooked Simmons and drove the back of his head into the ground with a russian leg sweep. Sullivan went for a quick pin, but didn't even get a two. Simmons got back to his feet and Sullivan ran into him with a clothesline that barely phased him. Sullivan tried again, but was met with the same result. Sullivan tried a third time, but Simmons grabbed him and drove him into the mat with a sidewalk slam. Simmons picked Sullivan up off the mat and bodyslammed him back down, then landed a legdrop across Sullivan's throat. Simmons went for the pin, but Sullivan was able to kick out. Simmons pulled Sullivan to his feet, then sent him back first into the corner, following him in with a stiff clothesline. Simmons whipped Sullivan to the opposite corner and again followed up with a stiff clothesline. Sullivan took the blow and then fell out of the corner, landing in the middle of the ring while Simmons played to the crowd, motioning that the match was about to be over. Simmons stood by, waiting for Sullivan to get to his feet. Sullivan was getting up slowly but when he finally did, Simmons went to lift him up but before he could, he was attacked from behind. As the camera panned out, it was Meng who had hit Simmons in the back, knocking him into the corner. Meng pounded away at Simmons with right and left hands, boots, even a headbutt. Meng sent Simmons into the ropes, then connected with a barefoot crescent kick to the jaw of Simmons that knocked him to the ground! Sullivan was laughing, all smiles as he watched Simmons struggle to get to his feet. Simmons finally did get to his feet and Meng locked in the tongan death grip! Within seconds, Simmons gave up the struggle and fell to the ground, out cold. The referee had already called for the bell, disqualifying Kevin Sullivan.

Winner by DQ: Ron Simmons

Takeover- 2 Minutes, B- Rating

Sullivan picked up a microphone that was left in the ring and, with a sadistic smile, addressed the crowd.

Kevin Sullivan: What you all just witnessed was the beginning of the takeover. Led by this man...no, this monster...and joined by The Faces of Fear, Avalanche and Butcher, the Dungeon of Doom is taking over World Championship Wrestling.

Sullivan walked over to Simmons, put his foot on his chest, then spoke again.

Kevin Sullivan: And you...you come back to WCW and walk around like you're the man, but now look at yourself. Who the hell are you?

Sullivan kicked Simmons in the head and continued.

Kevin Sullivan: You're nothing but a piece of crap on the bottom of my boot.

Sullivan stomped Simmons again and dropped the mic, leading Meng out of the ring.

Commercial Break

Sting/Nasty Boys vs. Vader/Pretty Wonderful- 17 Minutes, A Rating

Vader, Orndorff, and Roma stood in the ring while Harley Race looked on from the outside. They watched as Sting emerged from the back to a huge ovation, then motioned for his partners and was joined by the Nasty Boys and Nasty Girl Sherri! Sting stood with the Nasty Boys for a hot second, then the three charged the ring and slid in, starting a six man brawl and causing the bell to ring. It only took a minute for them to clean house and then it was Sting starting things off against Paul Roma. Sting pushed him down after the lock up, then flexed his muscles in front of himself and yelled out, getting a huge reaction. Roma tagged in Orndorff. Sting sent Orndorff into the ropes, taking Orndorff down with a hip toss, but Orndorff reversed the second one and ran Sting's head into Orndorff's knee. Orndorff bodyslammed Sting, then dropped a knee into the middle of his back. Orndorff put on a bow and arrow submission, trying to force Sting into submission but failing. Orndorff sent Sting into the corner, but Sting bounced out and ran Orndorff over with a clothesline. Sting tagged in Saggs, who bodyslammed Orndorff and planted an elbow into his chest. Saggs went for the pin, but Roma was there to break it up. That brought Knobbs in, but only momentarily before Randy Anderson intervened and focused on getting Knobbs out of the ring. That allowed Roma and Orndorff to double team Saggs, taking control of the match and bringing Saggs into their corner. Knobbs finally left the ring and Anderson turned his attention back to the ring. Orndorff stepped out and left Roma in there to stomp away at Saggs, then he tagged in Vader, who slowly stepped into the ring and sized up Saggs before delivering his near lethal bodyblow combination. Vader sent Saggs into the ropes, colliding into him and knocking Saggs down with the double forearm clap. Vader bounced off the ropes himself, looking for a big splash, but Saggs managed to get his knees up. The weight effected Saggs knees, but it still caused enough damage that allowed Saggs to roll over and bring in Knobbs.

Knobbs with solid right hands to Vader, backing him into the corner where Knobbs drilled him with elbows to the top of his head. Knobbs then called for a trip to nastyville and raised his arm. Before he could rub Vader's face in it, Harley Race got up on the apron. Knobbs went over towards him, but that provided enough of a distraction that Vader got out of the corner and nailed Knobbs. Vader whipped Knobbs into the ropes, then powerslammed him in the middle of the ring before walking over and tagging in Roma, who went up to the top turnbuckle. Roma lined up a big elbow drop and connected. He still only got two on the pin and Knobbs was back on his feet. Roma stood Knobbs up and went for a dropkick, but he didn't take Knobbs off his feet. Knobbs just stumbled back into the ropes. Roma charged and Knobbs lifted him up and over the top to the outside, then reached over and tagged in Sting. Roma climbed back up to the apron and Sting grabbed him, hooking him in a front facelock and suplexed him back into the ring. Sting waited until Roma got back up, then ran him over with a clothesline. He waited again and this time drove Roma into the mat with a facebuster! Sting went up to the top turnbuckle and stood perched, waiting. As soon as Roma got to his feet, Sting stood like he was ready to jump, but Harley Race pulled on the top turnbuckle and Sting crotched himself on the top. Knobbs came around the outside of the ring and grabbed Race, but Orndorff stepped down and started fighting him. Saggs came to his rescue but Vader was there as well. While those four went at it on the outside, Roma climbed up to the top turnbuckle with Sting, hooked him, then superplexed him off the top! Roma made the cover and was able to come away with the cheap win. Race hurried him out of the ring and quickly gathered his troops while the Nasty Boys slid into check on Sting.

Winner: Paul Roma/Paul Orndorff/Vader

Scene fades out.

Overall Rating of B

Attendance of 10,000 w/1,322,410 viewers

Edited by Typical Phenom

I forgot to comment on Saturday Night, It was a pretty decent show, And I was surprised to see Dustin defending the title, I'm glad you held that match there. I'm interested in seeing what you'll do with Marty Jannetty even though I don't like the jagoff. DDP/Kimberly seems interesting, And it's totally different from what really happened between them in '95. I hope you do have big things in store for DDP.

Nitro was pretty good, Things seem to be building up nicely towards Fall Brawl, And I'm wondering who will be in the war games match. I'm liking the slow feud building up between Austin and Pillman, And the payoff should be great. You have three solid matches for Fall Brawl made, With Wright/Martel, Pillman/Regal and Austin/Badd. Terry Taylor makes a good president, And I liked the way he came off in his promo. Sucks that Sting got pinned by freaking Paul Roma though.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday Night 2- Saturday, Second Week of September, 1995

The Opening- 1 Minute

Schiavone reminded us that Fall Brawl was just over one week away and talked about how President Terry Taylor was going to announce the participants for War Games live tonight! Schiavone hyped the Dustin Rhodes-Big Bubba Rogers main event, then threw it to the first match.

Stars & Stripes vs. Kenny Kendall/Mark Starr- 9 Minutes, C Rating

Little to no reaction for Kendall and Starr, but a nice pop for Bagwell and the Patriot. It was Bagwell who started things off against a taller Kenny Kendall. Kendall took an advantage, pushing Bagwell back into the corner and driving forearms into his chest. Kendall sent Bagwell into the ropes and went for a big boot, but Bagwell fired back off the ropes and knocked Kendall back with a clothesline. Bagwell stayed on the offensive, using his speed advantage to keep Kendall grounded, then brought in Patriot. Patriot allowed Kendall to make the tag, but owned Mark Starr with a series of dropkicks followed up with a high back body drop. Patriot hung Starr up on the top rope, then tagged in Bagwell. Both Patriot and Bagwell went up to the top turnbuckles and together connected with a double dropkick that led to Bagwell getting the pin on Mark Starr.

Winners: Stars & Stripes

Finally- 1 Minutes, C- Rating

A clip rolls, showing the Genetic Genius, Marty Jannetty. It shows the clip of him playing golf, then basketball, then finally text rolls across the screen saying that he'll make his official debut next week on WCW Saturday Night!

Commercial Break

Tex Slazenger vs. Ron Simmons- 11 Minutes, B+ Rating

Tex comes out with his cowboy hat and boots on, getting a slight reaction from the crowd. Simmons stormed his way to the ring and right away, the two hosses started slugging it out, trading furious fists until Tex finally got the advantage. Tex slammed Simmons to the mat, but missed an elbow drop. Once back on their feet, Simmons got sent into the ropes and came off with a shoulderblock that budged neither man. Simmons with a forearm to the head that caught Tex off guard, then bodyslammed him. Simmons didn't miss his elbow drop and then pulled Tex up to his feet. Tex shrugged it off, then ran Simmons head first into the turnbuckle. Tex used a knee to the ribs, then hiptossed Simmons out of the corner. He got up and Tex sent him back into the corner, but when he charged in, Simmons caught him with a boot to the stomach. Simmons sent Tex into the ropes and Tex got driven to the mat with a sidewalk slam. Simmons stayed in control of the match, finally ending it with a running powerslam.

Winner: Ron Simmons

And The Challenge- 1 Minute, B Rating

After the match, Simmons took a second to gather himself, then asked for a mic and delivered a stirring challenge.

Ron Simmons: Kevin Sullivan, I bet you thought that was real cool what you did last Monday, don't you? Real manly of you, right? Did you expect me to just cower away in fear and never be heard from again? That's not happenin'. Nah, where I'm from, we don't hide, we tackle our problems head on so that's exactly what I'm gonna do. This Monday Night, I want that so called monster who couldn't keep hisself out of my bi'ness. I want Meng. And if I don't get him in the ring, then I'll just have to go get him on my own.

Simmons dropped the mic and left the ring.

Martel Not Worried- 1 Minute, C+ Rating

The cameras went backstage where Rick Martel was standing by with Gene Okerlund.

Gene Okerlund: Rick Martel, it's been officially announced that you will face Alex Wright a little over one week from tonight at Fall Brawl. What are your thoughts?

Rick Martel: So the little europunk accepted? Good, now I'll get my chance to show the World that what happened when I debuted was the single greatest fluke in wrestling history. Imagine, me...losing to him?

Gene Okerlund: I don't have to imagine, I saw it.

Martel puts his hand up like he might smack Okerlund, but stops himself.

Rick Martel: Anyway. All that matters is that at Fall Brawl, I'll be looking modelesque when I avenge the fluke and beat Alex Wright. And that's ALL that matters.

Martel gives Okerlund a look then walks off.

Commercial Break

Dean Malenko vs. Rick Martel- 9 Minutes, C+ Rating

Malenko locked up with Martel and took him down with an armdrag into an armbar. Martel got back to his feet and pulled Malenko into a shoulderblock, then used a go behind and german suplexed Malenko. Malenko rolled through and got back on his feet, then dropkicked Martel in the knee when he charged. Malenko pulled Martel to his feet, hooked him in a front facelock, then snap suplexed him. Malenko waited for Martel to get back to his feet, then delivered another snap suplex. Malenko pulled Martel to his feet, but Martel kicked him in the midsection, then returned the favor and snap suplexed Malenko! The two chain wrestled on the mat, exchanging two counts a couple of times, then Martel managed to get in a dropkick that sent Malenko falling back into the corner. Martel drilled Malenko with a charging clothesline, then pushed him face first to the mat. Martel managed to lock on the boston crab and within seconds, Malenko had no other choice but to tap out. The crowd applauded the effort by Malenko and the overall feel of the match.

Arn interview- 2 Minutes, A Rating

Again, Gene Okerlund is backstage. This time, it's with Arn Anderson, the former United States champion.

Gene Okerlund: Double A, last week you asked for a shot at the United States title and were told that you'd get some sort of answer tonight. Have you heard anything yet?

Arn Anderson: Ya know Gene Okerlund, it's a funny thing how quick Dustin Rhodes was able to get shot after shot, yet when I want my chance at a re-match, I play the waiting game. I held the United States title for six months. The least I deserve is a chance to win it back.

Gene Okerlund: Is it just about the belt or is it about facing Dustin Rhodes?

Arn Anderson: I'm not gonna lie, I want to beat Dustin Rhodes just to show I can, but it's more about the belt. It's about knowing how good I am and having the proof, the proof that I'm among the elite in WCW. The only belt more prestigious than the United States championship is the World Title and as long as Big Vader's got that, I'm not in the picture. So Dustin, unfortunately for you, my sights are set on you.

Commercial Break

Julio Sanchez vs. Arn Anderson- 8 Minutes, C Rating

Arn put Sanchez in a side headlock, but Sanchez pushed Arn off into the ropes and laid down, letting Anderson step over him. Anderson came back off the ropes and Sanchez hip tossed him. Arn got back to his feet and Sanchez missed a dropkick. At that point, the match was over. Anderson took complete control of the match, wearing Sanchez down with some common holds, then delivered the huge spinebuster. Arn followed that up with a DDT and made the pin for the win.

Winner: Arn Anderson

Commercial Break

Your War Games Lineup- 4 Minutes, B+ Rating

The scene switched to Terry Taylor sitting at the end of a long conference table in what was announced as the WCW Corporate Offices. He's the only one in the room and after looking through some papers, he addressed the camera.

Terry Taylor: War Games has long been a staple in World Championship Wrestling, a way for teams to settle their scores once and for all, and a highlight in the eyes of every fan we have. Every year, it's hard to pick the participants, but that seems to have changed this year. Taking over as President during this time of the year may have been a risk by some, but I think you'll like what I've come up with for War Games. On one team, there will be the World Champion, Big Van Vader teaming up with Paul Orndorff, Paul Roma, and a man who was in the War Games match just last year, Arn Anderson! And on the other side will be the man who's wanted another piece of Vader, the man known as Sting. Joining him will be three more guys who were in the War Games match last year, three guys who also hold titles within World Championship Wrestling. His partners are the tag team champions, the Nasty Boys, and the United States Champion Dustin Rhodes! Those eight men will compete in the most brutal, violent, masochistic match in WCW. Fall Brawl, one week from tomorrow night, don't miss this one.

Rhodes Interview- 2 Minutes, A Rating

Taylor went back to his paperwork as the scene faded to Mean Gene standing backstage with Dustin Rhodes, who had a huge smile on his face.

Gene Okerlund: You heard it right here with me champ, you're in War Games for the third straight year, what's your take on it?

Dustin Rhodes: Oh boy, I can't wait! I guess y'all might as well start calling me Mr. War Games, huh Okerlund? It's only fitting. My daddy invented War Games and I've been leaving my mark ever since. Arn Anderson, you want another piece of me? There's no better place to do it than inside of War Games. The title might not be on the line, but I guarantee we'll settle the score and finish things between us.

Gene Okerlund: What about your partners?

Dustin Rhodes: I went to war with the Nasty Boys last year and will be honored to do so again. Then you have Sting. What can you say about Sting? The man is amazing and knowing that he'll be there, watching my back, words can't describe.

Gene Okerlund: Tonight, you defend the title against Big Bubba Rogers. Are you able to focus on him or are you looking past him and right to War Games?

Dustin Rhodes: I'm definately looking forward to War Games, but trust me Gene, I'm not overlooking Big Bubba Rogers. I know what he can do and overlooking him will cost me the belt. I'm ready for him, trust that.

Okerlund shakes the hand of Rhodes as the scene fades to commercial.

Commercial Break

Nasty Boys vs. Buck and Slater for the Tag Team Titles- 11 Minutes, B Rating

Slater and Knobbs tied up, then continued to switch places, rotating until they finally broke the lock up and went to blows instead, neither man really getting an advantage. Randy Anderson stepped in and broke the two up, but then Slater started yelling at Anderson and that was enough of a distraction to allow Bunkhouse Buck to hit Knobbs in the back of the head. Slater tagged Buck in and the two worked Knobbs over in the corner, putting boots to his midsection until Knobbs was on the mat. Saggs tried to come to his partners rescue but that just allowed the two to continue the dual assault. Buck had control over Saggs, bodyslamming him to the mat. Buck stayed in control until he missed a legdrop. That allowed Knobbs to make the hot tag to Saggs, who knocked Slater off the apron, then cleaned up on Buck inside the ring. He hit an elbow drop from the second turnbuckle to pick up the win.

Winner: Nasty Boys

Sullivan hypes up Meng- 1 Minute, C+ Rating

Backstage, Kevin Sullivan slapped the chest of Meng, then did it again. He grabbed Meng by his bushy hair and pulled his face down, putting his own face right in front of Meng's.

Kevin Sullivan: I don't want you to beat this poor bastard, I want you to destroy him, hurt him, I want to see his body mangled, do you understand me?

Sullivan slaps Meng in the face and Meng grunts his approval of sorts.

Kevin Sullivan: And after you take care of him, then at Fall Brawl, we'll take care of Ron Simmons once and for all.

Sullivan lets Meng go and smiles his sadistic smile while Meng clenches his teeth like a wild animal and the scene fades.

Commercial Break

Mark Davis vs. Meng- 7 Minutes, C Rating

Mark Davis never stood a chance. He tried to get in some cheap shots against Meng early, but Meng shrugged those off and shoved Davis to the ground. Meng picked him up and tossed him into the corner. Davis bounced off and Meng took him down with a martial arts kick. It was complete annhilation and Meng thankfully ended it with the tongan death grip.

Winner: Meng

Commercial Break

Page interview- 2 Minutes, B Rating

Coming back from commercial break, Diamond Dallas Page is standing in the ring with a mic.

Diamond Dallas Page: Last week, I did what I had to do to prove myself to the beautiful Kimberly, I made an open challenge. All of you losers in the back are able to accept, but who will it be? Which one of you chumps wants to add another loss to their record? Huh? Who's it gonna be?

Page went to continue, but before he could, a train whistle was heard throughout the arena and Ice Train came out of the back to a surprising pop from the Atlanta crowd. Ice Train slides into the ring, but Page shows no fear and strikes the first blow.

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Ice Train, who responds to the open challenge- 12 Minutes, C+ Rating

Page lands a solid right hand followed by two more, but Ice Train shows his strength advantage and knocks Page to the ground. Page gets up and Train runs him over with a clothesline. Page back to his feet but stumbles into the corner. Ice Train starts landing body blows, but Page drops down to the mat and lowblows Ice Train, then reverses the situation, putting the big man in the corner. Page rocked him with more right hands, then tried a veal out of the corner, but couldn't get Train up. Train instead lifted Page up and bodyslammed him to the mat, bouncing off the ropes but missed a big splash. Page waited for Train to get to his feet and kicked him in the midsection, following that up with a DDT. Page went for the pin but couldn't keep Ice Train down. Page with more right hands to the head of Ice Train, then went up to the second turnbuckle. Ice Train got up to his feet and Page took him down with a flying clothesline! Page followed that up with the diamond cutter and finally got the win.

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page

Replay from Nitro- 6 minutes, B- Rating

An Interruption.- 3 Minutes, B- Rating

Before Taylor can step out of the ring though, he's stopped by the music of Steven Regal, who comes out from the back in a suit of his own. He stopped on the rampway and looked towards the new President.

Steven Regal: Since you're the new man with power around this miserable place, allow me to come to you with a request. Ever since I came to WCW, I've been treated as a joke, put into tag matches, not given any credible opponents. I know you pathetic Americans fear what will happen if I get a chance, but dammit sunshine, I want some respect.

Taylor shrugged his shoulders and grabbed the mic again.

Terry Taylor: What do you want me to do?

Steven Regal: Fall Brawl is coming up and all I want is a respectable opponent, someone who's actually done something. I'm tired of beating up nineteen year old punks who're more focused on the blonde piece of tail at ringside than the guy trying to break their body.

Terry Taylor: Like say, a former Television and Tag Team champion?

Steven Regal: Precisely.

Terry Taylor: Then it's settled. At Fall Brawl, Steven Regal, you will take on Brian Pillman. Make the most of it.

Regal nodded his head, seemingly satisfied, then walked off to the back while Taylor finally left the ring and started making his way up the aisle as well.

Good Decision?.- 3 Minutes, C+ Rating

Backstage, Brian Pillman and Steve Austin both walked up to President Terry Taylor. Neither one seemed to happy.

Terry Taylor: Ah, I figured I'd be seeing you guys sometime tonight.

Brian Pillman: What's the deal with putting me against Regal? I don't mind, but I figured me and Steve would be in a tag match, maybe even for the titles.

Taylor nodded his head and looked at Austin.

Terry Taylor: I understand that...

Steve Austin: Then what happened?

Terry Taylor: After what happened last Monday Night, I just thought that you deserved another shot at the Television Title and Johnny B. Badd.

Austin seemed surprised by the decision and Pillman seemed upset.

Steve Austin: So I get Badd? For the title?

Terry Taylor: That's right.

Austin smiled and nodded his head, grabbing Pillman and started to lead him off down the hall.

Steve Austin: Alright then, works for me. Let's go Bri.

Pillman doesn't seem quite as happy, but lets Steve lead him off anyway as Taylor smiled, happy with his decision.

Nitro 3- Monday, Third Week of September, 1995

An Attack, But Why- 1 Minute, C Rating

Schiavone threw the show to the backstage area where Alex Wright was being tossed to the ground. Big Bubba Rogers followed up and started stomping Alex Wright in the back of the neck, then picked him up again and this time ran him face first into the wall. Rogers left Wright laying on the floor and walked away satisfied.

Steven Regal vs. Steve Austin- 11 Minutes, B Rating

Regal stepped in the ring slowly, looking across the ring at Austin with cautious eyes. The bell rings and Austin stepped towards Regal, who looked him up and down but slowly stepped forward. They went for a lock up but instead Regal raised the side of his knee into Austin's midsection. Regal repeated the knee, then drove Austin's face down while raising his own knee up until the two met, Austin's head snapping back as he fell into the ropes. Regal leaned Austin over the rope, then hit him with a forearm to the chest a couple of times before sending Austin across the ring. Regal picked Austin up with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker, putting Austin down on the mat. Regal went for a cover but his overconfidence let Austin kick out. Both men got back to their feet and it was Regal who put Austin in a front facelock. Before he could lift him up, Austin reversed it and ended up hanging Regal over the top rope with a reverse suplex! Austin caught his breath, then ran and kicked Regal in the upper chest, knocking the rest of him over the top rope and to the mat. Austin then pulled the ropes, in effect flipping Regal over the top and into the ring. Austin dropped an elbow to the chest of Regal, then went for a pin only to have Regal kick out at two. Austin waited for Regal to get to his feet, then bodyslammed him to the mat and went up to the second turnbuckle. Johnny B. Badd was still standing on the outside, just watching. Austin had some words for Badd, then he lined up an elbow but Regal was able to move out of the way. Austin got back up and Regal planted him with another backbreaker that left Austin laying in the ring. Regal locked in the Regal Stretch and got the win.

Winner: Steven Regal

After the match, Johnny B. Badd stared at Austin laying on the mat, then shook his head, laughed, and walked back up the aisle.

Commercial Break

Hollywood Blondes Talk- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

Backstage, Steve Austin bursts into the Hollywood Blondes locker room, finding his partner Brian Pillman. Pillman stood up and Austin punched the wall, upset.

Steve Austin: What the hell was that?

Pillman looked at Austin, unsure of what he was talking about.

Brian Pillman: What are you talkin about?

Steve Austin: I thought you said you had my back. Where were you?

Pillman tried to calm Austin down.

Brian Pillman: What are you talkin about Steve? Nobody attacked you, you just got distracted.

Austin started to respond, then stopped. He looked at Pillman, then turned and walked off.

Banned- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

Backstage, Kevin Sullivan and Meng are entering the building when they're stopped by security. After throwing a fit and threatening Doug Dillinger, Sullivan stops and looks to his left. WCW President Terry Taylor stepped onto the scene and looked at the duo.

Terry Taylor: Gentlemen.

Sullivan just stared at Taylor.

Terry Taylor: That's alright, no response necessary. I'm just here to let you know that neither you, nor Meng, are allowed at ringside for Avalanche's match against Ron Simmons tonight.

Sullivan stepped towards Taylor, looking at him in the face.

Kevin Sullivan: That's alright Taylor...we don't need to be at ringside. But if you think that's going to keep your boy Simmons safe, you're dead wrong.

Sullivan spoke with a deep, slow tone. Sullivan stepped around Taylor and led Meng down the hall.

Brian Pillman vs. Dave Taylor- 10 Minutes, C+ Rating

Taylor attacked Pillman as soon as he stepped into the ring. Within seconds, he had Pillman down on the ground stretched out and drove his knee into Pillman's ribs. Taylor repeated that, then sat Pillman up and put his knee right into the small of Pillman's back, then pulled back on both of his shoulder blades, trying to get Pillman to give up. Pillman fought through the pain and finally Taylor released the hold, stood up, and kicked Pillman in the back, knocking him back to the mat. Taylor yelled out at the fans, then helped Pillman to his feet, picking him up and dropping him with a side suplex, then rolled over for a pin, only getting the two count. Taylor delivered a well executed backbreaker, then went for a pin again, but again only got a two count. His slow, methodical style was getting the best of Pillman and he knew it, so when he sent Pillman into the corner, he never expected Pillman to come charging out with a clothesline. Pillman then caught Taylor with two straight dropkicks and went for the pin. Despite the momentum, Pillman only got a two count and had to pull Taylor back up to his feet. Pillman grabbed Taylor by the head, then ran to the corner, up the turnbuckles, spun and drove Taylor face first into the mat, again going for the pin and only getting a two count. Pillman pulled Taylor up but Taylor caught him with a kick to the midsection. Taylor lifted Pillman into the air but Pillman floated over the top of Taylor and pushed him into the ropes. Pillman kicked Taylor in the midsection, or tried to. Taylor caught Pillman's foot, but then Pillman used the other one to catch him with an insiguri. That put Taylor down and Pillman stepped through the ropes to the apron. Pillman waited for Taylor to get to his feet, then springboarded off the top rope and nailed Taylor with the Air Pillman clothesline! Pillman made the cover and picked up the win.

Winner: Brian Pillman

Commercial Break

Dustin Rhodes Interview- 2 Minutes, A* Rating

The cameras went backstage where "Mean" Gene Okerlund is standing with United States champion Dustin Rhodes.

Gene Okerlund: Dustin Rhodes, last Saturday, it was decided that you would be taking part in the War Games match for the third straight year. Are you considered Mr. War Games at this point?

Dustin Rhodes: I don't know about all that, but I at least know my way around the double cage. It's a brutal contest and nothing can really prepare you for it except being in a War Games match. I guarantee I'll be prepared.

Gene Okerlund: What about tonight? You have to step in one on one against Vader, what do you do against a beast like that?

Dustin Rhodes: There's not a lot you can do against a man like Vader. Obviously, you're not going to beat him in a strength contest, so you have to use whatever advantage you have. For me, I'll have to use my agility and speed to try and overcome his raw power.

Gene Okerlund: Surely a win here, plus having the United States title, puts you in the number one contendership spot. What would that mean to you?

Dustin Rhodes: I don't even want to start talking about that. I just need to focus on the present and that means getting past Vader tonight, then winning War Games next Sunday.

Rhodes had a very serious look as he answered the last question, then patted Gene on the shoulder and walked off.

Well Spent- 1 Minute, C+ Rating

Big Bubba Rogers is seen walking down the hallway, then opening a door. Inside, Rick Martel is standing and applauds Rogers when he sees him. Rogers doesn't smile, just looks at Martel.

Rick Martel: I knew you'd come through, I knew it.

Big Bubba Rogers: Yea, whatever. Just give me my money...

Martel reaches into his gym bag and pulls out a small wad of money, handing it over to Rogers.

Rick Martel: Worth every penny.

Martel laughs to himself as Rogers snatches the money and heads out of the room.

Ron Simmons vs. Avalanche- 11 Minutes, B Rating

Once Sullivan and Meng were forced to the back, Avalanche didn't look quite as confident, though he still had the size advantage. The two locked up and Avalanche showed his size, forcing Simmons back into the corner. Avalanche breaks clean, but then put his forearm into Simmons head repeatedly, then sent Simmons into the opposite corner and followed it up with a huge splash. He stepped back and watched Simmons fall out of the corner. Avalanche saw the opportunity, bounced off the ropes, and connected with a big splash. Avalanche made the cover and to everyone's surprise, Simmons was able to kick out at two and even Avalanche had a look of shock on his face. Avalanche pulled Simmons up and placed him in the corner, then went for another charging sandwich. This time, Simmons moved out of the way and Avalanche hit the corner hard. Simmons then clotheslined him but couldn't knock him down. Simmons bounced off the ropes with another clothesline but still couldn't knock him down. Finally, on the third clothesline, Simmons was able to knock Avalanche down. Simmons took a second to catch his breath, then motioned that he was going to lift him up. He waited as Avalanche slowly made it back to his feet, then Simmons went to lift him into the air, but couldn't do it. Avalanche took advantage with a couple hard blows, then sent Simmons into the ropes. Simmons ducked a clothesline, bounced off the ropes, and delivered a flying shoulderblock to Avalanche that had the big man stumbling! Simmons got back to his feet and this time was able to lift Avalanche up onto his shoulder, then quickly drove/dropped him to the mat with a running powerslam. The crowd didn't seem to mind the struggle and went nuts for the move anyway. Simmons made the cover and Nick Patrick counted the three.

Commercial Break

Vader Interview- 2 Minutes, A* Rating

Gene Okerlund has Vader and Harley Race backstage.

Gene Okerlund: Harley Race, coming up in just six days, your team steps in against Sting, the Nasty Boys, and Dustin Rhodes in the War Games match. How prepared will you be?

Harley smiles a confident smile.

Harley Race: Look at this man.

Race looks over at Vader while Vader pats the belt.

Harley Race: This is the World Champion Gene Okerlund. That's not a fluke, that's a monster. How much preparation do you really think we need?

Okerlund cocks his head, understanding what Race is saying, but still questions the preparation.

Gene Okerlund: But still, this is the War Games match. Earlier, Dustin Rhodes told us you can't prepare for it without being it...

Harley Race: Dustin Rhodes? Dustin Rhodes needs to focus on tonight when he faces the champ or else Dustin Rhodes might not even make it to War Games at Fall Brawl.

Race pats the belt of Vader. Vader flinches towards Okerlund, causing him to flinch and jump back, then Vader follows Race out of the area.

Not Waiting For Sunday- 4 Minutes, C Rating

The cameras show Ron Simmons stepping out of a room and almost bumping right into Kevin Sullivan. Simmons tried to grab him, but Sullivan took off. Simmons gave chase, but as expected, when he rounded the corner, Meng was right there with a barefoot crescent kick to the chest that knocked Simmons back. Meng chopped Simmons in the chest, then whipped him backfirst into a wall. Meng approached Simmons but Simmons grabbed Meng and turned it around, putting Meng backfirst into the concrete wall. Simmons reached down and grabbed a piece of wood from the floor, then swung for Meng's head, barely missing and broke the wood against the wall. Sullivan helped Meng out, hammering Simmons in the back with a double fist, then tried to run Simmons head into the wall, but Simmons fought out of that only to take a blow with one of the pieces of wood from Meng, who hit him in the back, then busted him over the head. Meng grabbed Simmons and ran him face first into the wall, then left him laying in the back.

Commercial Break

Dustin Rhodes vs. Vader- 12 Minutes, A Rating

Dustin stood on one side of the ring with the United States title while Vader stood on the other side of the ring with the World Title. Neither belt was on the line, but it was a good image. The bell rang and Rhodes avoided the lock up, trying to go around Vader. Harley reached up under the bottom rope and grabbed Rhodes' ankle, causing him to turn around, which allowed Vader to nail him from behind. Vader hammered as Rhodes tried to escape, but everytime he took a step, he took another blow from Vader until finally he was on the mat, trying to grasp the rope and pull himself up. Vader straddled Rhodes' back and dropped all his weight down on it. He stood up and Rhodes rolled to the outside, trying to gather his thoughts but instead finding himself in a scuffle with Harley Race. Randy Anderson came outside to seperate the two and tell Race to back off, but that let Vader reach down and pull Rhodes up to the apron, then bend him backwards over the top rope and drive a thunderous forearm into his chest. He did it again, then backed up and nailed Rhodes with a shoulderblock that sent him flying off the apron into the guardrail. Anderson warned Vader, but that let Race grab Rhodes and roll him into the ring. Vader picked Rhodes up and heaved him into the corner. Vader took his time walking over to Rhodes and ended up getting blasted in the face with right hands as Rhodes fought his way out of the corner. Rhodes bounced off the ropes and took to the air with a flying clothesline that barely phased Vader. Rhodes bounced off the opposite rope and drove his shoulder into the knees of Vader, knocking him down, then dropkicked him and put him on his back. Rhodes went for the pin, but Vader bench pressed Rhodes off into the air. Rhodes didn't let Vader get up to his feet, staying on him with right hands as soon as he started getting to his knees. Vader still gets up to his feet, but Rhodes uses all his strength to send Vader into the corner. Rhodes tries to hit a huge avalanche but Vader catches him in a bearhug, then steps out of the corner and powerslams him to the mat, shaking the ring. Vader stands and watches as Rhodes tries to peel himself off the canvas, gasping for breath. He finally makes it to his feet only to have Vader lift him up into the air and drive him back first to the mat with a powerbomb. Vader makes the cover and picks up a dominant victory.

Winner: Vader

Kidnapped- 1 Minute, A Rating

In the back, the Nasty Boys are running down the hallway, giving chase. They round the corner and run into the parking lot. In the near distance, you can see Roma and Orndorff closing the trunk, then Arn Anderson jumps into the drivers seat of a Lincoln Continental. Orndorff and Roma jump in just as the Nasty Boys get to the vehicle and Arn guns the engine, peeling out of the parking lot. Saggs and Knobbs look at each other, then Saggs pounds the hood of another car and Knobbs looks Saggs in the face with a serious look.

Brian Knobbs: They got Sting...

Saggs and Knobbs look at each other in disbelief as Nitro fades out.

Overall Rating of a B

Attendance of 15,000 w/1,242,325 Viewers

Good Nitro before Fall Brawl. Actually, It was a pretty big show. I'm glad Dustin put up a good fight against Vader. The ending of Nitro was great. I'm interested in seeing what will happen with Sting on Saturday night. Big Bubba makes a good hired gun, I'm hoping people continue to pay him to take out wrestlers and it's not just a one time thing. Martel is so winning now at Fall Brawl, But I'm sure Wright will put up a good effort. Also, I like how you did the whole Pillman/Austin segment, With Pillman coming off not only being right, But being a bit more sneakier. When he does turn on Austin, That'll be something to see. Simmons/Sullivan is going pretty good, And I'd love to see Simmons going into the title picture after everything is over with. Keep up the good work. (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday Night 3- Saturday, Third Week of September, 1995

Open Challenge- 1 Minute, B Rating

Diamond Dallas Page stepped out from behind the curtain with Kimberly walking behind him, looking like she'd rather be elsewhere. Page slid into the ring and Kimberly stood outside, waiting for him to hold the ropes for her. He didn't and she stepped in on her own, rolling her eyes. Page grabbed a microphone.

Diamond Dallas Page: It seems as if World Championship Wrestling and Terry Taylor have once again overlooked the star of the show. So, once again, I have to come out here and wait until one of you chumps in the back grows a set big enough to come take me on.

Page started pacing in the ring, but Kimberly was in his way. He looked at her like she should know better and she stepped back with a disgusted look as he walked to the other side of the ring.

Diamond Dallas Page: So who's it gonna be?

Page dropped the mic and looked towards the entranceway.

Closed Response- 1 Minute, C- Rating

The crowd turned to watch Dave Sullivan walk through the curtains, huge smile on his face as the crowd cheered him on. He pointed to himself, then highfived his way to the ring. Page was smiling a confident smirk while watching Sullivan slide into the ring and Kimberly step out.

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Dave Sullivan- 8 Minutes, C Rating

Page kicked Sullivan in the midsection, then ran him through the ropes to the outside right away, following him out. Page hammered Sullivan, then tried to send him into the steel pole, but Sullivan reversed it and Page hit the pole shoulder first, bouncing off into a running shoulderblock from Sullivan. Page stumbled, Sullivan tried to follow up but Page grabbed Kimberly and put him in the way. Page then drilled Sullivan with a forearm to the forehead, then sent Sullivan hard into the ringsteps. Page picked the ringsteps up and slammed it into the upper back of Sullivan, then grabbed Sullivan and whipped him into the ropes. Page stomped away at Sullivan, then stood him up. Sullivan fired three quick right hands to Page's head, but when Sullivan sent Page into the ropes, Page floated over on a hiptoss, spun Sullivan around, then ended things with a diamond cutter and the pin.

Page Loves A Challenge- 1 Minute, B Rating

Page slid out of the ring and grabbed Kimberly by the arm, asking her what she thought of that. She shrugged her shoulders and started to the back. Page grabbed a microphone off the ring announcers table and spoke, ignoring the booing from the fans.

Diamond Dallas Page: What? That's not good enough for you?

More booing from the crowd.

Diamond Dallas Page: Then we'll do the same thing for Fall Brawl. Anyone in the back with enough guts to step up, you got a chance to make yourself famous tomorrow night. Anyone.

Page dropped the mic and followed Kimberly to the back.

Commercial Break

Nitro Replay- 1 Minute, A* Rating

Kidnapped- 1 Minute, A Rating

In the back, the Nasty Boys are running down the hallway, giving chase. They round the corner and run into the parking lot. In the near distance, you can see Roma and Orndorff closing the trunk, then Arn Anderson jumps into the drivers seat of a Lincoln Continental. Orndorff and Roma jump in just as the Nasty Boys get to the vehicle and Arn guns the engine, peeling out of the parking lot. Saggs and Knobbs look at each other, then Saggs pounds the hood of another car and Knobbs looks Saggs in the face with a serious look.

Brian Knobbs: They got Sting...

Saggs and Knobbs look at each other in disbelief as Nitro fades out.

That was one hell of a Saturday Night Doc. I enjoyed the show alot, Probably my favorite show thus far. The angles with the war games participants came off really well, I thought for sure Sting wouldn't have been there in the motel, But Dustin finding him there all beat up makes for a good ending to the show. Alex Wright and Rick Martel was build up properly, But more importantly, Wright got the win over another guy I like, Malenko. Wright/Martel at Fall Brawl should be good. I wonder if Martel will get Bubba Rogers to help him out. Simmons/Meng/Sullivan should be a bad match, But the crowd has to be hot for that one after how you build it up. Jannetty versus DDP sounds good, And it can go either way, I'm hoping DDP wins it. I'm hoping that with this win, The Patriot gets pushed. BTW, His finisher was the Patriot Missile. Austin and Pillman will no doubt cost each other their matches at Fall Brawl, But I'll leave that on my predictions. Here's my Fall Brawl predictions.

Faces of Fear vs. Stars & Stripes

Faces Of Fear are Butcher and Avalanche I take it? Hmmm, Well, I can see The Patriot getting a push out of this match, But for some reason, I see the members of the dungeon of doom winning it due to Sullivan/Meng losing later.

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Marty Jannetty

I'm hoping DDP wins or it ends in a draw. But Jannetty just debuted, So he ain't losing it. Kimberly ends up ditching DDP after this though.

Handicap Match

Meng/Kevin Sullivans vs. Ron Simmons

I get that it's two on one, But Simmons has to be more over than these two. Besides, Simmons took a beating at their hands on Nitro. It's time for him to get some payback. With this win, It sets up Simmons versus Sullivan at Halloween Havoc.

Rick Martel vs. Alex Wright

This is my favorite match on the card, As two of my favorites are going at it. On one hand, It looks like Wright will be getting pushed. But then again, He holds a win over Martel already. I think Martel will win it, But cheaply. I see a rematch happening somewhere down the line. I'm hoping Wright wins so he can take the TV title from Badd, And have Martel challenge him for it.

Television Title Match

Steve Austin vs. Johnny B. Badd

Austin just seems too over to be TV Champion. Pillman will fuck up and either botch interference, Or cost Austin the match on purpose. I see Austin accidentally costing Pillman his match, Pissing off Pillman, Causing Pillman to screw over Austin. If Austin wins, It'll be by DQ, Count out, Or something. The title won't change hands.

Brian Pillman vs. Steven Regal

If this goes before Austin/Badd, Then Austin will botch interference here and cost Pillman his match. If not, I still see Regal winning, Frustrating Pillman with the loss.

War Games Match

Nasty Boys/Dustin Rhodes/Sting vs. Pretty Wonderful/Arn Anderson/Vader

Yeah, Sting got the shit kicked out of him, But I see the faces winning. Sting can go to challenge Vader, Nasty Boys challenge Pretty Wonderful, And Anderson challenges Dustin at Halloween Havoc. Roma's is going to be made someone's bitch in this match imo.

Fall Brawl looks like a solid card, As for as ring work goes, Three matches look outstanding, Jannetty/DDP should be good, And War Games is usually solid. Also, The show was build up pretty well. One more thing, The write ups for this, Are they going to be like Nitro/SN, Or like you used to write up PPV's for '98? Looking forward to reading this one Doc (Y)

Final Fall Brawl Card

I'll take the Faces of Fear, for being a shear dominant team.

DDP has to take down Janetty.

Handicap Match

Meng/Kevin Sullivans vs. Ron Simmons

I can see Simmons getting a push after this win, making him a scary opponent in the future.

Martel has to win.

Television Title Match

In a Stunning win.

Regal and Pillman is an interesting match-up, but I just think Regal will pull through.

War Games Match

Pretty Wonderful, Anderson, and Vader... is there a more dominant War Games team this side of the Horseman?

*Card subject to change without prior notification.

Final Fall Brawl Card

There needs to be a super heel squash on the card, and this is it.

Even though Jannetty just debuted, too much more can be done with a DDP win. This match doesn't have to be clean in it's ending, so it's pretty much just a prop.

Handicap Match

Meng/Kevin Sullivan vs. Ron Simmons

I'm taking Simmons, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Sullivan/Meng win, especially if we see a surfacing of the old NWA Sullivan ... you know, the black faced freak.

Martel needs to be pushed, and used while he's still valuable. Former AWA champ, super over WWF heel ... he should get some love in WCW.

Television Title Match

Austin needs to be further up the card, and Badd can really help the younger talent get over. Winning the TV Title, just to drop it to advance, would be dumb for Austin here.

This is a great way to give Pillman his 'edge' and to seal the fate of two future high carders (Austin/Pillman).

War Games Match

The bad guys absolutely have to run roughshod over the good guys. Sting/Rhodes can be protected while letting the bad guys get extremely over.

• 2 weeks later...

Fall Brawl- Sunday, Third Week of September, 1995

Standard pyro opening followed by fancy graphics, a pan around the 70 percent full arena, then the focus on the announcers at ringside.

Tony Schiavone: Hello folks, I'm Tony Schiavone alongside the Living Legend, Larry Zbysko, and the Brain, Bobby Heenan. Welcome!...to Fall Brawl. The focus tonight is on one thing, the big double ring surrounded by steel known as...War Games.

Larry Zbysko: War Games is unlike anything you'll ever see anywhere else. It's a tradition born in WCW and it's a tradition that's going to be carried out tonight in a big way.

Bobby Heenan: It's such a great concept. You get four guys and put them up against four guys that they hate, then watch them beat the hell out of each other inside a huge cage. What could be any better?

Tony Schiavone: On top of that, we have a pretty good card for you and, if we want to fit it all in, we've got to get things going! I'm hearing that Kevin Sullivan is already upset in the back.

Larry Zbysko: There's a surprise...

Sullivan hypes up Faces of Fear- 1 Minute, C Rating

Kevin Sullivan stood in front of Avalanche and The Butcher, looking more like a crazed dwarf than the intimidator he appeared to be. He shouted at them to get ready, telling them that simply beating Stars & Stripes wasn't good enough, they needed to make an example out of them. When Avalanche went to talk back, he took a slap to the face and surprisingly shut his mouth rather than swallow the tiny Taskmaster. Sullivan told them if they didn't win tonight, not to bother showing up at Nitro tomorrow.

Bobby Heenan: So he's firing them if they lose?

Larry Zbysko: He can't fire them, they're under contract to WCW, not Kevin Sullivan.

Tony Schiavone: That's all assuming they lose anyway. Look at the size of those men, they stand a pretty good chance tonight.

Larry Zbysko: It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the fight in the dog.

Tony Schiavone: Very true, very true. Lately, Diamond Dallas Page has had a chip on his shoulder, like he has something to prove. He's had a series of open challenges and tonight, Marty Jannetty happens to be next in line.

Bobby Heenan: And that's exactly where Jannetty doesn't want to be. Page is like a can of rage right now, he could explode at any moment.

Larry Zbysko: Marty Jannetty is a fine athlete, he knows how to win in this sport and he knows exactly what he got himself into. This is chance to prove himself early on in WCW.

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Marty Jannetty- 11 Minutes, B- Rating

Kimberly couldn't help but look at Marty Jannetty as he lifted himself up over the top rope into the ring and Page took notice. He started yelling at Kimberly, telling her to keep her eyes on him and that's when Jannetty stepped in, turning Page around and decking him with a right hand that prompted the bell. Jannetty with two more right hands that backed Page up into the ropes, then Jannetty fired him across the ring. Jannetty hit a flying back elbow and somehow still landed on his feet. Page got up and Jannetty took him down with a head scissors! Page scurried over to the corner and pulled himself up using the top ropes. Jannetty stepped towards him and got poked in the eye. Page then spun Jannetty into the corner and kneed him in the ribs, only to take him down with a snapmare takedown. Page watched Jannetty roll to his feet, then picked him up and bodyslammed him back down before taking Jannetty's feet and dragging him towards the corner. Jannetty rolled over and got out of Page's grasp, then scrambled to his feet. Page charged at him and got taken down with a drop toe hold. Jannetty grabbed the back of Page's head and ran him face first into the mat again just for good measure, then pointed to the top turnbuckle.

Larry Zbysko: This is where Jannetty can get himself into trouble. He likes to show off for the crowd and that tends to backfire.

Bobby Heenan: He's a show off, of course he's going to show off.

Larry Zbysko: I have no problem with pleasing the fans, but make sure you win the match first.

Tony Schiavone: Well, he's up top now...

As soon as Page got to his feet, Jannetty leaped, flipping over Page and taking him down with a reverse neckbreaker variation that got the crowd on their feet. Jannetty waited for Page to get to his feet again, then slowly tried to kick him in the stomach. Page caught the foot, but Jannetty smiled and took him down with an insiguri followed by a pin attempt that only got two. Jannetty pulled Page to his feet, kicked him in the midsection, then bounced off the ropes and went for a schoolboy roll up. Page stopped his progress and put him on the mat with a samoan drop. Jannetty got back up slowly and Page dove over him, grabbing his hair and driving the back of Jannetty's head into the mat. Page went for the cover, but only got two. Page put Jannetty up on his shoulders for a death valley driver, but Jannetty twisted out and slid down Page's side. Jannetty went for a suplex, but Page turned his body in mid-air and landed on his feet behind Jannetty, then spun him around and hit him with the Diamond Cutter! Page made the cover and picked up the win.

Tony Schiavone: What a wild ending and out of nowhere, the Diamond Cutter!

Larry Zbysko: Such a dangerous move because of that fact Tony. It can just come out of nowhere.

Tony Schiavone: What's going on over here?

After the match, Page went to Kimberly to celebrate, but she just mocked an applause, turned, and walked to the back. Page followed behind her, shouting.

Diamond Dallas Page: What the hell do you want from me Kim? Nothing's good enough...

The lover's quarrel continued to the back.

Tony Schiavone: Well, we'll let them get that taken care of and go to the back where Steven Regal's getting ready for his match tonight.

Regal promo- 1 Minute, B Rating

Steven Regal stepped into the picture in front of a Fall Brawl poster, looking into the camera with one hand behind his back and the other hand stroking his chin.

Steven Regal: "Flyin" Brian. Tell me lad, what does flying have to do with wrestling? I'm not here to watch you fly and I'm certainly not here to fall victim to some aerial display that you possess. I'm a wrestler. Do you understand what that means sunshine?? I wrestle. I will grapple you to the ground and stretch your body in ways it's not meant to be stretched. There won't be any bloody "Flyin" Brian, there will only be "Cryin" Brian, the man who's going to submit to me tonight.

Regal turned his head to the side and raised his nose in the air before walking casually out of the picture.

Tony Schiavone: Such arrogance.

Bobby Heenan: Confidence Tony, confidence. He knows how good he is and he has a point, this is wrestling not an aerial show. Look at what happened to Jannetty.

Larry Zbysko: Pillman has more offense than just through the air, but to counter Regal's size and strength advantage, he's definately going to have to use his quickness, much like these two gentlemen coming to the ring right now.

Tony Schiavone: Larry's of course referring to Stars & Stripes, who are all set for action against the Faces of Fear.

Faces of Fear vs. Stars & Stripes- 11 Minutes, C+ Rating

Butcher locked up with Patriot and backed him into the ropes, bending him backward over the top and delivering a forearm to his chest. Butcher delivered another forearm, then used the top rope to choke Patriot before sending him into the corner and tags in big Avalanche. Butcher held him in place and Avalanche kicked Patriot in the midsection, then lifted Patriot into the air and went for a running powerslam. Patriot slid down Avalanche's back and pushed him in the back, sending him facefirst into the corner. Patriot ran Avalanche's head into the top turnbuckle twice but the big man turned around. Patriot ducked a right hand and tagged in Bagwell without Avalanche knowing. Patriot backed up and Bagwell went to the top. Butcher pointed it out and Avalanche turned around. Bagwell came off with a crossbody but was caught by Avalanche, who fell straight forward and smashed Bagwell into the ground.

Tony Schiavone: What a splash from Avalanche!

Bobby Heenan: He's dead. Ring the bell, it's over.

Avalanche slowly got to his feet, watching Bagwell do the same. He grabbed Bagwell and sent him back first into the opposite corner, then charged, turned his body, and landed backwards in the same corner, sandwiching Bagwell. Avalanche watched him fall to the mat, then bounced off the ropes and went for a big splash. He made the pin, but Patriot came in and broke up the pinfall. Nick Patrick forced Patriot back out, but that allowed Butcher to come in and start the doubleteam on Bagwell. Avalanche left and when Patrick turned around, Butcher was the "legal" man. He backed Bagwell into the corner and put his boot up to Bagwell's throat, choking him out until he was forced off. He watched Bagwell stumble towards the middle of the ring and put on his patended sleeper hold. Bagwell squirmed at first, but Butcher's height advantage made it easy to keep the hold on. Bagwell slowly started to fade and found himself on his knees in the middle of the ring, eyes drooping. Patriot tried to get the crowd rallied, but it wasn't until Butcher told them to shut up that they really got into it. Still, Bagwell didn't show a lot of fight and was laid out on the mat.

Larry Zbysko: The experience of Butcher pays off. He's got him down on the mat, now all the ref has to do is check Bagwell's arm.

Tony Schiavone: Wait, what's Butcher doing? Is he going to try and rub this one in?

Butcher released the sleeper hold and turned it into a cover, thinking Bagwell was out. Patrick started the three count but before he got to three, Bagwell's arm shot up in the air. Butcher's eyes got wide and he tried to get the sleeper hold back on, only to have Bagwell fight him off and get to his feet. Bagwell shot Butcher into the ropes and put him in a sleeper hold of his own, only to drop back and plant Butcher into the mat. Bagwell rolled over and tagged in Patriot. Patriot came in and knocked Butcher down with a left hand, then clobbered Avalanche, who took the blow and tried to enter the ring. Patrick stopped him and Patriot whipped Butcher into Bagwell, who stunned him with an inverted atomic drop. Patriot went up to the top turnbuckle while Bagwell tried to fend off Avalanche. Patriot delivered the missile dropkick right on point and down went Butcher. He made the cover just as Avalanche threw Bagwell to the side. Patrick got to two and Avalanche dropped a huge elbow. Patriot rolled out of the way and the elbow caught Butcher. Together, Patriot and Bagwell clotheslined Avalanche out of the ring and Patriot made the cover again, this time getting the three.

Winner: Stars & Stripes

Tony Schiavone: Stars & Stripes showing teamwork and pulling out what has to be considered an upset.

Bobby Heenan: More importantly, what's going to happen with the Faces of Fear? Sullivan told them not to bother showing up tomorrow if they lost, so are they gone?

Larry Zbysko: If they have any balls, they'll show up tomorrow night and confront that little slimeball...if Ron Simmons leaves anything of him to confront.

Vaders Group Hype- 1 Minute, B Rating

A video plays showing Vader destroying Randy Savage, Arn Anderson winning the United States title, Paul Orndorff and Paul Roma competing in tag team action. The package shows the kidnapping of Sting followed by the group, led by Harley Race, showing up on Saturday Night and letting Sting's location be known. The clip stops and the words "War Games" replace the image.

Ron Simmons interview- 1 Minute, B- Rating

Gene Okerlund welcomed us to the back.

Gene Okerlund: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time, former World Champion, Ron Simmons!

Simmons stepped into the picture, rubbing his hands together.

Gene Okerlund: Ron Simmons, since coming back to WCW, you've had a thorn in your side by the name of Kevin Sullivan...tonight, you face him and his enforcer, Meng, in a handicap match.

Ron Simmons: And I can't wait. I didn't care if it was Sullivan, I didn't care if it was Meng, and I don't care if it's both. I've been in situations far worse than this, taking on two guys? To me, this is fun Okerlund.

Gene Okerlund: Do you see this match as a way for you to get back into the title picture? The title that you once held?

Ron Simmons: I'll get the World Title when the time is right, count on that. For now, I'mma handle my bi'ness and kick some ass.

Simmons patted Gene on the back a little harder than he thought, Okerlund nearly fell forward, then recovered and thanked Simmons for the time.

Larry Zbysko: Like I said, if Simmons leaves anything of Sullivan.

Bobby Heenan: He can talk a big game, but there's only one monster in WCW and that's Meng. I never bet against a monster. Godzilla, King Kong, whoever, they all win.

Tony Schiavone: They died...

Bobby Heenan: Well yea, eventually, but still-

Brian Pillman vs. Steven Regal- 14 Minutes, B- Rating

Regal locked up with Pillman and backed him into the corner, using his height advantage to push down on Pillman, then broke the lock-up and nailed Pillman with two european uppercuts. Regal didn't waste any time, lifting Pillman so Pillman was sitting on the top turnbuckle, then climbed up to the first turnbuckle himself, grabbing Pillman for a superplex. Pillman fought it off with right hands and Regal dropped to the mat, stumbling backwards. Pillman leaped off and took Regal down with a flying head scissors! Regal scurried back to his feet but took a dropkick to the knees for his efforts followed by a facebuster and Pillman went for the pin, only getting two. Pillman waited for Regal to get to his feet before chopping him in the chest, eliciting a Flair like whooo from the crowd. He followed that up with two more chops before Regal caught him with a knee to the ribs, then picked him up and gave him a backbreaker. Regal stretched Pillman out on the mat, then put his knee right into the side of Pillman's midsection and pulled up on either half of his body. Regal pulled Pillman up to his feet, hooked him in a front facelock, then dropped him to the mat with a reverse suplex, Pillman landing face first on the mat.

Tony Schiavone: This is not the position Pillman wants to be in.

Larry Zbysko: You're right about that. This is where Regal shines, when he can simply turn you inside out and make you beg for forgiveness.

Regal went to lock in the STF, but Pillman managed to squirm out of it. Pillman scrambled to his feet, but Regal stayed right with him. Pillman turned to kick Regal and get him off, but Regal caught his foot so Pillman had to improvise and blast him in the head with an insiguri. Pillman went for the cover, but only managed another two count. Pillman sent Regal into the ropes and took him down with an armdrag followed by another and then a forearm shot to the head that spun Regal around. Pillman drove Regal's face into the top turnbuckle, then side suplexed him out of the corner to the middle of the mat. Pillman stood up and quickly went up to the top turnbuckle, sizing Regal up. Pillman came off with a flying elbow drop, but Regal moved out of the way. Regal slapped the chest of Pillman, then sent him into the ropes. Regal stopped him with a knee, then jumped and brought Pillman's head down into that same knee.

Tony Schiavone: Pillman's face right into Regal's knee, that's gotta hurt.

Bobby Heenan: It's not like Pillman has enough brain cells left, he can't afford to lose em that way.

Regal pulled Pillman to his feet, lifting him up for a vertical suplex but Pillman kicked his feet until he was able to kick himself over and land on his feet. Pillman now had a front facelock on Regal and drove him to the mat with a DDT! Pillman stepped through the ropes and stood on the apron. Regal got to his feet and Pillman went for a springboard double axe handle, but Regal caught him out of mid-air and drove him hard to the mat with a sitdown powerbomb. Regal followed that up with the Regal Stretch and forced Pillman to tap out.

Winner: Steven Regal

Tony Schiavone: Pillman put up a great effort, but for the second time tonight, a ground attack counters the aerial prowess.

Larry Zbysko: That's why it's called wrestling Schiavone. You never saw me going to the top.

Bobby Heenan: Or me.

Larry Zbysko: We only saw you running to the top of the ramp, away from everyone.

Hogan's Return- 1 Minute, A Rating

A video package rolled highlighting Hulk Hogan moments throughout his WCW career, including his Starrcade victory over The Butcher. The clip goes on to show legdrop after legdrop, big boot after big boot, then it showed Sting beating Hogan to become the number one contender to the World Title. That was the last time Hogan was seen. The clip ended with the words "Tomorrow Night: Hulkamania Invades Nitro". The crowd erupted when the words appeared.

Meng/Sullivan vs. Ron Simmons- 14 Minutes, B+ Rating

Simmons stepped into the ring and looked across, first at the smaller but sadistic Kevin Sullivan, then at the monster known as Meng. The bell rang and Simmons found himself being surrounded. He made the mistake of stepping towards the center of the ring and both men pounced forward. He tried to fight off Meng, but Sullivan's blows to the back of the head gained control for them. Simmons continued swinging wildly but after a Meng headbutt, he fell to the ground. Sullivan immediately put the heel of his boot on the forehead of Simmons and spun it around quickly, then did it again while Meng applied a two handed chokehold. Nick Patrick had to pull Meng off of Simmons, but Sullivan just dropped down and applied a chokehold of his own.

Tony Schiavone: Another blatant chokehold. Can somebody stop this?

Bobby Heenan: Throw in the towel for him Schiavone.

Tony Schiavone: I just want it to be fair.

Larry Zbysko: A fair handicap match isn't a handicap match.

Patrick pulled him off and Simmons was finally able to roll towards the ropes, using them to pull himself up. Sullivan raked him in the eyes, then ran Simmons into the top turnbuckle, followed by Meng turning him around and chopping him in the chest. Meng sent Simmons to the opposite corner, but Simmons fired out and took both Sullivan and Meng down with a double clothesline. Meng was the first one to his feet and Simmons scoop slammed him, then picked Sullivan up and scoop slammed him. Meng was to his feet, so Simmons grabbed him and ran him between the ropes to the outside! Simmons sent Sullivan into the ropes, then bounced into the opposite side himself. Meng reached up and tripped Simmons, then dragged him to the outside. Meng chopped him in the chest then sent Simmons hard into the steel guardrail. Meng grabbed Simmons, pulled him out, then slammed him back into the guardrail again. Sullivan stood in the ring, watching the action but not taking part. Meng walked Simmons towards the rampway, then bodyslammed him onto the steel before missing an elbow drop. Simmons stood up and fired right hands at Meng, then sent him hard into the rail, Meng went up and over and landed in the stands. Simmons pointed at a fan, who quickly gave up his chair.

Tony Schiavone: Not even a monster can withstand one of these....

Once Meng was back on his feet, Simmons crowned him on the top of the head with the steel chair! Simmons did it again and Meng fell straight back. Sullivan's eyes were wide in the ring when Simmons slid back into the ring. Sullivan tried to fight him off with boots to the back and punches, but Simmons managed to back him up into the corner, then sent Sullivan into the opposite corner and followed that up with a powerslam. Sullivan stood up very slowly, then walked right into Simmons, who picked him up for a powerbomb, instead laying Sullivan out flat on the mat with a front falling slam variation. The three count was easy.

Not Through Yet- 1 Minute, B Rating

Simmons stood up and looked down at Sullivan with a look of satisfaction. He was so content surveying his damage that he never saw Meng sliding into the ring from behind. Simmons turned around and stepped into a tongan death grip from Meng, who clutched Simmons jaw until Simmons dropped to his knees, trying to get the hold off. Meng squeezed tighter until Simmons could take more and simply collapsed to the mat. Meng finally released the hold and stood over Simmons, proud of what he'd accomplished.

Rick Martel interview- 1 Minute, C- Rating

Backstage, Rick Martel was busy watching one of the female assistants walk away down the hall. When he turned around and found a camera in his face, his smile disappeared.

Rick Martel: And what is it you want? I'm not going to sit here and tell you again and again how I will prove that Alex Wright's win against me was nothing more than a fluke. You've heard that, why would you want to hear it again? No, instead I'll tell you more about me and my goals. Alex Wright, he's not even a stepping stone for me. He's just a pebble stuck in the crack of the sidewalk. As soon as I step over him, then it's on to the modelesque glory that awaits me. I was born and bred to be a champion, it's my pedigree. To think that I'd be anything less here in WCW would be a disgrace. So yes, I'll face Alex Wright and I'll beat him like I've said I will. But after that, no more. No more talk of losers like Alex. I just want to hear two things in the same sentence. Rick Martel...and...champ...ion.

Martel smiled at the camera while the scene faded.

Bobby Heenan: Rick Martel, that's what a champion should look like, a million bucks.

Larry Zbysko: You saying Vader's not a good champ?

Bobby Heenan: Vader's great at beating people up, but if I want a champ, I want somebody that I can put in commercials. Martel can really do it all.

Tony Schiavone: Well, we'll see if he gets past Alex Wright this time, but right now, it's time for the Television Title match!

Austin vs. Johnny B. Badd- 12 Minutes, B Rating

Badd tried to attack Austin before the match, but Austin felt it coming and was able to duck out of the way. Badd put on the brakes before he ran into the corner, but turned around into a right hand from Austin. Austin threw a couple more, then dropped Badd with an inverted atomic drop followed quickly by a russian leg sweep. Austin tried to cease the moment with a pin, but only got two and barely that. Austin with another right hand, then sent Badd into the ropes. He lifted Badd up with a high back body drop, but Badd managed to stay on his legs, though his leg nearly gave out on him. Austin turned around and got poked in the eye, followed by a reverse suplex, Austin going face first into the mat. Badd dropped down to his knees and punched Austin repeatedly in the forehead, laughing a high pitched laugh afterwards. Badd pulled Austin to his feet, then executed a neckbreaker that looked kind of stiff. Austin rolled to the outside, but not to the floor. Badd tried to pull Austin to his feet on the apron, but Austin dropped off and pulled Badd neck first down on the top rope, slingshotting him back to the middle of the ring.

Tony Schiavone: That's one way to turn things around in your favor. Now can Austin capitalize?

Larry Zbysko: Call him the king of capitilazation, he's back in the ring!

Austin stepped in just in time to nail Badd with a swinging neckbreaker. Austin followed that with a quick elbow in the throat region, then went for a pin, still only getting the two count. Austin got up first, watching Badd do the same. As soon as he did, Austin ran him over with a clothesline, then stood by Badd's feet, grabbing him by the ankles and falling back, slingshotting Badd towards the corner. Badd hit the corner hard, then fell to the mat and rolled to the outside. Austin lined him up and slid to the outside with a baseball slide that knocked Badd into the guardrail. Austin with more hard right hands, then grabbed Badd and rolled him into the ring. Austin slid in and Badd was able to gain the advantage, stomping Austin in the back, then pulling him to his feet and sending him back first into the corner, followed by a backbreaker. Badd put Austin up across his shoulders, then went to turn and Austin's feet nailed the referee, knocking him to the ground.

Tony Schiavone: And down goes Patrick! You can't win without a ref.

Bobby Heenan: Do I have to do everything around here? Where's my referee shirt...

Larry Zbysko: You're not a licensed referee you fool, nobody trusts you.

Badd ignored that and completed the death valley driver, then rolled outside of the ring. He moved the timekeeper out of his chair, then took the chair and closed it up, sliding back into the ring. Badd stood poised and ready to deliver the final shot, but before Austin stood up, Brian Pillman came charging down the aisle, getting a huge pop! Pillman stepped up on the apron and grabbed the chair from Badd! Badd turned around to figure out what happened, then took a chair shot to the dome! The crowd popped huge, but quieted down when they heard the bell ring. Referee Nick Patrick was looking right at Pillman and calling for the bell. Austin started to get to his feet and surveyed the situation. Pillman didn't know what to say, but then the announcement came over the speaker that the winner, by disqualification, was Johnny B. Badd.

Winner: Johnny B. Badd

Pillman dropped the chair and looked at Austin, trying to explain.

Brian Pillman: He was gonna hit you Steve, I had to do something!

Austin looked at Pillman and didn't even say a word, just rolled out of the ring and headed to the back. Pillman looked at Patrick, told him that he made a mistake, then hopped down off the apron. He kicked the ringsteps, then headed to the back, quite a bit behind Austin.

Tony Schiavone: Trouble in paradise folks, that's not a good sign.

Larry Zbysko: These two need to get on the same page or go their seperate ways. Right now, they're not doing anything but hurting each other.

Tony Schiavone: They're too good to go on their own. They could dominate the tag division.

Bobby Heenan: They could, but they're not and that's the problem.

Stings Group Hype- 1 Minute, B+ Rating

Another video played, this one showing Sting and his battle with Vader, showing Dustin Rhodes beating Arn Anderson for the United States title, showing the Nasty Boys constantly fighting with Pretty Wonderful. The crowd got behind this video and again popped huge when the video was replaced by the words "War Games."

Rick Martel vs. Alex Wright- 13 Minutes, C+ Rating

Martel attacked Wright before the belt, turning and put Wright into the corner, punching him with left fists. Martel bent down and drove his shoulder into Wright's midsection twice, then pulled him out of the corner and bodyslammed him to the mat, following that up with a quick elbow to the midsection. Martel stood up and pulled Wright with him, this time driving his shoulder into Wright's lower back, then he pulled him back and did it again. Martel spun Wright around and drove him back first into the corner, then backed off, running his hands through his hair and looking out to the crowd, showing his confidence.

Tony Schiavone: This is just narcissism, there's no place for that.

Bobby Heenan: If his opponent doesn't make him work hard, then why shouldn't he be able to show it?

Tony Schiavone: It's disrespectful to Alex Wright.

Bobby Heenan: Then Alex Wright should do something about it.

When he turned back around, he was met with a forearm followed by a japanese armdrag, then a hip toss, then a dropkick that took him off his feet. Wright quickly dropped to the mat and put on a reverse chin lock, catching his breath. When he released it, he slowly helped Martel to his feet, then rammed Martel's head into the top turnbuckle, following it up with a side suplex. Wright went for the pin, but only got a two count. He laid Martel's arm out to the side, then lifted himself into the air and came crashing down with his knees into the middle of Martel's elbow, repeating that move again before pulling Martel to the feet. Wright went for an irish whip, but Martel reversed it, only to have it reversed again by Wright, who pulled Martel into a belly to belly suplex, but before he could lift Martel up, Martel kicked Wright right below the belt. Slick warned Martel, but didn't disqualify him. Martel grabbed Wright by the hair and slammed the back of his head into the mat, then turned him over and drove his knee into the small of Wright's back. He sat Wright up and again put his knee into Wright's back, then pulled both of Wright's arms back with a bow and arrow submission, telling Wright to give it up before he breaks his back.

Tony Schiavone: Martel going the submission route, but Wright's hanging in there.

Bobby Heenan: He'll give it up. Martel knows what he's doing. Come on Wright, give it up!

Wright refused and Martel released it, standing up and kicking Wright in the back, then pulled him to his feet. Martel knocked Wright backwards with a forearm, then sent him into the ropes and looked for a back body drop. Wright went up in the air, but landed on his feet somehow. Martel turned around and Wright dropkicked him into the ropes, then went for a back body drop of his own. Martel tried to counter it with a DDT but Wright re-countered that with a northern lights suplex that caught Martel by surprise. Martel kicked out of that and both men scrambled to their feet where Martel drilled Wright with an implant DDT that set up the boston crab for the win.

Austin and Pillman argue- 1 Minute, B Rating

A loud bang is heard, such as a hand punching a metal locker room door. That hand belonged to Steve Austin, who hit the door again while Pillman continued to try to explain. Unfortunately for the duo, Austin was having none of it.

Steve Austin: You coulda just taken the damn chair, you didn't have to hit him with it!

Brian Pillman: The only reason I was out there was to keep you from bitching again anyway.

Austin stopped and looked at Pillman...

Brian Pillman: Yea, that's right. Last time, you threw such a hissy fit because I wasn't out there to save you that I figured this time I'd make sure I was there no matter what. But apparently that's not good enough for you either.

Austin goes to respond, but Pillman doesn't even want to hear it, just walking out of the room instead.

Tony Schiavone: At least they walked away and the situation didn't escalate.

Larry Zbysko: I don't know who's betraying who, it's so complicated.

Bobby Heenan: It's like that episode of As The World Turns...

Larry Zbysko: What lamebrain?

Bobby Heenan: Nevermind, you wouldn't know about quality TV anyway.

Tony Schiavone: The cage is being lowered around the dual rings and that means it's just about time for our main event, War Games!

War Games Match (Sting/Dustin Rhodes/Nasty Boys vs. Vader/Arn Anderson/Pretty Wonderful)- 42 Minutes, A Rating

Brian Knobbs is the first man in for team Sting while Paul Roma gets the nod for team Vader. Knobbs goes for the lock up but Roma ducks under it, then points to his mind, showing he's a thinker. Knobbs again goes for a lock up but again Roma ducks underneath it, this time kicking Knobbs when he turns around. Roma went for a vertical suplex, but it's too early for him to get Knobbs up and Knobbs is able to reverse it, scraping Roma's boots on the roof of the cage before dropping him to the mat. Knobbs quickly went for the pin but it's war games. He threw Roma into the ropes and took him down with a strong shoulderblock, then dropped an elbow into Roma's upper chest. Knobbs dropped another elbow, then again went for the pin, still not remembering the rules. Roma got to his feet and Knobbs backed him into the corner, delivering huge forearms to his chest. Knobbs then backed up, got the crowd into it, turned and charged full steam ahead like a rhino, but all he got was boots to the face from Roma. Roma then grabbed Knobbs and ran him face first into the cage! Knobbs bounced off as the fans started the ten count to see who would be in the ring next. Roma was on the mat choking Knobbs out when the buzzer finally went off and out came Paul Orndorff, to the relief of Roma.

Tony Schiavone: This is where things start to get interesting. Can Knobbs fight off the man avantage or will he be stuck in there helpless?

Larry Zbysko: More importantly, who's coming out to save Knobbs? You know his partner Saggs is dying to get in there, but if he has to wait, what effect will that on him?

Bobby Heenan: These matches are so brutal, so violent, you can't think. You just go in there and fight.

Orndorff stepped into the cage and immediately started putting the boots to Knobbs alongside his tag team partner. Orndorff pulled Knobbs to his feet, then yelled something at Roma. Orndorff took Knobbs and whipped him right into a dropkick from Roma! Orndorff dropped a knee across the forehead of Knobbs, then pulled him back to his feet. Together, he and Roma took Knobbs and again ran him face first into the steel cage, watching his flesh bounce off as he stumbled before falling to the mat. Orndorff again yelled something to Roma and they both pulled Knobbs to his feet, then hooked him in a double front facelock which led to a double suplex against the cage, putting his back into the steel! The crowd started their ten count again and just as Orndorff was pulling Knobbs to his feet again, Jerry Saggs flew down the aisle way and into the cage, firing away at both men with furious right hands. He whipped Roma into a corner, then whipped Orndorff into Roma, then charged himself and sandwiched both men before yelling out to the crowd and getting a huge pop.

Tony Schiavone: That's exactly who you wanted to see if you're Brian Knobbs. Your partner.

Larry Zbysko: He lucked out, but they better take advantage of these two on two odds, it won't be long before a third comes in for Team Vader.

Tony Schiavone: Right now, you have to give the advantage to the Nasties, right?

Bobby Heenan: I don't know. Knobbs took quite a beating, I don't know how much longer he can actually last.

Saggs then turned back to his opponents and got knocked down by a Paul Orndorff high knee. Orndorff pulled Saggs to his feet, then drove him into the mat with a russian leg sweep. Orndorff started to stomp away, but Knobbs stopped him with a shove. Knobbs wiped a trickle of blood from his forehead, then decked the charging Paul Roma before turning and scoop slamming Paul Orndorff. Saggs was to his feet by this time and he grabbed Roma while Knobbs grabbed Orndorff. They both used irish whips to cause a pretty wonderful accident in the middle of the ring. Orndorff and Roma both got up stumbling, facing each other. Knobbs and Saggs ran right into the backs of both men and created a sandwich that put both men down and out just as the buzzer sounded for the next man to make his way in. Knobbs and Saggs stood ready as they watched Arn Anderson slowly make his way to the ring, in no hurry to battle with the tag champs. He waited until he saw Orndorff start to get up, then stepped into the cage. Knobbs and Saggs both attacked and Arn quickly backed out of the cage, letting Orndorff and Roma hit the champs from behind. Then Arn stepped into the ring and helped Roma beat up on Saggs, putting him into the corner, then both men laced him with boots to the midsection.

Tony Schiavone: The ultra-methodical Arn Anderson, in there to slowly pick apart anyone who gets in his way.

Larry Zbysko: What a year he's had, capturing the US Title, being a part of this fearsome group. A big step up this year for Arn.

Arn left Saggs to Roma, then joined Orndorff in the stomping of Knobbs, even stepping up to the second turnbuckle so he could drive those hard left fists into the open wound on Knobbs' forehead, causing the blood to flow freely. On the other side of the ring, Saggs had turned things around and now had Roma back first in the corner, wailing away with those rock like right hands. Orndorff hurried over to his partner's aid, nailing Saggs in the back of the head, allowing Roma out of the corner. Together they lifted Saggs with a back suplex, dropping him on his neck in the middle of the ring. Arn raked Knobbs' eyes across the top rope, then kicked him in the back of the knee, bringing him down. Arn went for an irish whip, but Knobbs reversed it and sent Arn into the corner, then charged forward and knocked Orndorff down with a clothesline. Roma stepped up but took a samoan drop for his troubles and things were looking good as the buzzer sounded and the man they call Sting came charging down the aisleway.

Tony Schiavone: Sting!

Bobby Heenan: That means it's down to Vader and Dustin Rhodes. Advantage Vader.

Tony Schiavone: I won't argue with that, but Sting will keep this interesting.

Sting slid into the ring and grabbed Orndorff from behind, spinning him around and unloading with right hands before whipping him into the corner. Sting and Saggs then both grabbed Roma and whipped him into the other corner. Sting gave his stinger shout to the crowd, getting em all pumped up, then delivered a huge Stingers Splash to Orndorff, only to turn around and deliver another Stingers Splash to Roma! Anderson tried to scurry out of the way, but he was nabbed up by Knobbs and Saggs. Saggs hit him with a right hand and Anderson spun around only to get hit by Knobbs with a right hand and spin back to Saggs. They played ping pong for a second, then watched Arn stumble right into an inverted atomic drop from Sting. Sting followed that up by grabbing Arn and running him face first into the steel. Arn bounced off and Sting grabbed him again, this time running him to the other side of the ring, again into the steel. Orndorff and Roma were back on their feet and managed to attack the Nasty Boys from behind but with Sting's help, the trio soon had the advantage again. Paul Roma made a trip to the Pitstopp while Orndorff found himself locked in the scorpion death lock. Thankfully, the buzzer sounded and Sting released the hold to turn his attention to Big Van Vader, who was slowly making his way up the aisle, pounding his chest as he walked.

Tony Schiavone: Vader's in no hurry. He knows he can destroy anyone he wants to at any time.

Bobby Heenan: That is a big, mean, scary man.

Larry Zbysko: Saggs and Knobbs see him coming and they've shoved Pretty Wonderful aside. All attention is on Vader, but he doesn't care.

Vader stepped right into the ring and was attacked by both Nasty Boys, big men in their own right, but Vader shrugged them off, throwing Saggs to the ground and headbutting Knobbs. Sting and Vader met one on one in the center of the ring and Sting went to work with a kick to the midsection, chops to the chest, punches to the head, all in a furious flurry, backing Vader into the corner. Sting backed up and went for the stinger splash, but Vader lifted him higher into the air, over the top turnbuckle and Sting hit the corner steel post head first, then fell lifeless to the ground. Knobbs charged back at Vader, but Vader slammed him, then put Saggs in the corner and went to work with his trademark body blows. Vader let Saggs fall out of the corner and watched as Orndorff dropped a knee to the back of his head. Vader helped Sting up off the mat, then sent him into the ropes, catching him with a bearhug and locking it in right in the middle of the ring. Anderson sent Saggs hard into the corner and when he came back out, Anderson planted him with a hard spinebuster. Anderson then watched as Roma went up to the top rope and delivered a picturesque elbow. Right on impact, the buzzer sounded and the United States champion came flying down the aisle like a bat out of hell.

Tony Schiavone: And now, all eight men are in the ring and it's only a matter of time now.

Larry Zbysko: This match has already taken so much out of both of these teams, I don't know how much longer it can realistically go on.

Bobby Heenan: At least Rhodes is fresh and Vader, he's just shrugging off damage.

Tony Schiavone: Never count Sting out either, he's in phenomenal shape.

He didn't really survey the scene, just went for the first person he saw, which was Orndorff about to piledrive Knobbs. His shoulderblock to Orndorff's knee stopped that, then when he got back up, he back bodydropped Roma and charged straight at Anderson with right hands. Anderson held his own and spun Rhodes around into the corner, delivering a couple short left jabs before bending down and driving his shoulder straight into Rhodes' midsection. Knobbs is back to his feet, but so is Orndorff, so Knobbs takes Orndorff and runs him head first into the steel. In the middle of the ring, Vader's still shaking the life out of Sting. The crowd starts chanting "We Want Sting" over and over and Sting starts to show a little life. With Anderson working over Rhodes, Knobbs and Orndorff squaring off, and Roma with a reverse chin lock on Saggs, Sting's the only man who can help himself. Sting gathers more and more energy from the crowd and soon is able to put his head up, causing an even louder ovation. Sting manages to get his arms up and comes down hard on Vader with a double chop to the neck. He repeats the move, again and again, causing Vader to finally release the bearhug. Sting backs up and charges at Vader, but Vader turns and runs him face first into the steel. Vader turns back around and is met with a clothesline from Knobbs that spins him around where he's met with a clothesline from Saggs. Orndorff and Roma are both laid out on the mat while the Nasty Boys double team Vader, sending him into the ropes and stopping him with a double kick to the midsection. Together, they lift Vader up into the air and drop him with a ring shaking double suplex! Saggs turns in celebration but walks right into a spinebuster from Arn. Knobbs hears Saggs go down and turns, only to get a boot to the midsection followed by a DDT from Double A. Anderson turns towards Sting, but Sting gets the first move in, a chop to the chest, then another, and a kick, and a punch, and Sting sends Arn into the ropes, taking him off his feet with a spinning back elbow. Sting goes for the scorpion death lock, but Orndorff kicks him off. Rhodes grabs Orndorff and runs him face first into the top turnbuckle, then climbs up for the ten punch, the crowd counting along with each blow. Orndorff's busted wide open, Knobbs is busted open, it's mayhem in the cage.

Tony Schiavone: The blood is flying and finally, Vader's starting to feel some of this attack.

Larry Zbysko: He's single handedly taking on the tag champs, not even Vader can do that for too long.

Bobby Heenan: I wouldn't be so sure. Vader might make both of them tap out and walk out with three belts.

Tony Schiavone: The belts aren't even on the line.

Bobby Heenan: That's how good he is.

Knobbs and Saggs continue to work over Vader, the only time the big man's been down. Roma comes up but Knobbs sends him flying into the cage and turns back to Vader. They send Vader into the ropes, but this time Vader runs through both Nasty Boys with a vicious double clothesline, then grabs Rhodes from behind. Rhodes fights his way out of it and ducks a double arm smash. Vader turns in anger and gets dropkicked to the corner by Rhodes. Anderson delivers a forearm to the small of Rhodes back, then atomic drops him. That's followed by a bulldog from Roma. Roma kicks Saggs in the midsection, then sends him to the corner while Anderson pulls Rhodes off the mat and with Vader's help, throws him like a dart into the corner steel post of the cage. Vader goes back for Sting and Anderson stays on Rhodes, grinding his face into the cage, tearing the flesh from his skull. Vader lifted Sting into the air like a ragdoll, military pressing him then slamming him to the mat. Vader dropped a huge elbow on Sting and stood back up, dragging Sting over to the corner. Vader climbed up to the second turnbuckle, about to hit the vaderbomb, but as soon as he jumped, Knobbs made the save, pulling Sting out of harms way. Vader landed hard on the mat and Knobbs dropped two straight elbows to the back of his head. Sting pulled Anderson off of Rhodes, but Anderson was still putting up a fight, trying to get Sting off of him with left hands. Sting sent Arn into the ropes, but Arn stopped and Sting missed a dropkick. What Arn didn't get out of the way of was a top rope clothesline from Dustin Rhodes! Knobbs sent Vader into the ropes, but Vader's weight caused the ropes to collapse on him and he ended up with his arms stuck! Orndorff tried to come to his rescue, but Saggs took him down and started pummeling him on the mat. Rhodes was fighting with Roma in the corner and Sting looked down at Anderson in the middle of the ring. Without hesitation, Sting quickly slapped on the Scorpion Death Lock and while his teammates were fighting and Vader was caught in the ropes, Arn Anderson had no choice but to tap out and give the win to team Sting.

Winner: Team Sting

Tony Schiavone: Vader's still stuck in the ropes and Sting falls to the mat, exasperated. What does this do for the title picture? Will Sting walk away with another shot? What about the return of Hulk Hogan tomorrow night? Folks, I don't know but tune in tomorrow night for answers. It's Monday Nitro, live on TNT!

Scene faded to black.

Overall Rating of C-

65,366 buys with attendance of 21,141

Edited by Typical Phenom

Leaving my thoughts as I read.

- I don't know if I would have had the Dungeon of doom in the opening angle, But it's good hype for the tag match later on. I hope they lose, Just so I could see what happens on Nitro.

- So glad DDP won. I thought for sure he was going to lose. I hope DDP punches the shit out of Kimberly. Seriously, The guy just won a bout!

- Regal's interview came off well. I like the whole wrestler versus high flier concept for the match. Though, I could see Regal losing now.

- Glad to see Stars and Stripes win it. I thought for sure they were going to lose. I'm interested in seeing what's going to go down on Nitro between the dungeon of doom.

- I liked Simmons interview. You wrote it pretty well, And it sounds pretty much like Simmons. I hope he does move up the ladder after this. Maybe a feud over the US title with Dustin?

- Regal got the win, But I thought for sure it'd be due to Austin's interference backfiring. Wow, So far, All the matches have had clean endings. I'm glad Regal was made to look strong here.

- Oh no, Hogan returns. Well, I can expect him to be champ soon, As you keep your games pretty realistic. I'd love to see you bring Hogan back as the dark "bad ass" character he had for a few weeks in '95.

- Simmons picks up the big win. I liked him having to lay out Meng and then finish off Sullivan. Damn, Looks like this isn't over, As Meng just beat down Simmons. Maybe he'll get Meng in some gimmick match at Halloween Havoc?

- What? Martel only gets one minute of interview time? What's the matter with you? I liked Martel's interview. Such arrogance by the man. As much as I like Alex Wright, I hope Martel goes over.

- Badd retains. Looks like Pillman ain't turning yet. Maybe, Pillman could get the title off of Badd, Making Austin even more pissed off at him? DQ ending was good for this kind of match.

- Rick Martel wins! This is the only match I read all the way through on the PPV, I like your writing and all, But I just can't sit through matches, But I read this one, As it had two of my all time favorites. I hope Martel gets pushed after this. Hell, This might be my favorite match that you wrote, Along with the Hall/Hart ladder match and the war games match from your '98 diary.

- Can't wait to see what will go down with Austin and Pillman next. I think you can build this up all the way to the November PPV, And then have them fight at Starrcade.

- War Games time. Well, I was planning on skimming through this, But it's war games, So I gotta read it. Damn, Knobbs and Roma starting out? I would have gone with Dustin/Sting instead. How fucking stupid is Knobbs? Going for the cover fucking two times! What a jagoff! Orndorff is next, I was wishing it'd be Vader, So he could kick the shit out of Knobbs' dumb ass. Saggs is next in. He's cleaning house. I thought I should mention this, But you got some of the nasties tag team offense down perfectly. Well, Atleast Anderson is smart and waited to come in. Sting! Hopefully he cleans house. Looks like Sting's team ain't gonna keep the advantage, As here comes Vader. Things are getting chaotic in there. Sting's team wins. I can't wait till Nitro now. Especially since Sting is headed for a shot at Vader.

BTW, War Games is a two ring thing right? Two rings with cages? I don't remember anyone going into ring #2 during the WG match. Or did you only have one ring for it? Anyways, I thought for the WG was written very well. Overall, Fall Brawl was one heck of a show, And now you're building up some good storylines. Can't wait until Nitro. (Y)

Edited by Baby Hewey