WCW 1995

I really enjoyed War Games the card. Nice to Ron Simmons continue his winning ways, and I dislike Team Sting winning although they had to. I just thought the other team was dominant. Vader, Arn, Pretty Wonderful.

Glad to see DDP win as well as Martel. Really want to see where you take Martel.

Hulkamania returns on Nitro :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nitro 4- Monday, Fourth Week of September, 1995

Hogan's Back- 5 Minutes, B Rating

A thunderous ovation is given for the returning Hulk Hogan as he steps through the curtains and instantly plays to the crowd, winding up his hand and putting it to his ear, flexing, and smiling. He headed down to the ring and slid in, grabbing the microphone.

Hulk Hogan: Ya know brothers...

Pause for pop.

Hulk Hogan: Ya know brothers, my last match here in WCW was when Sting beat me for the number one contendership. I took the loss, sat back, and watched, figuring it was time for somebody else, ya know brothers? I thought maybe my time was up, but all I've seen is that big bad dude Vader kick butt and continue to be a black cloud hanging over WCW. And when I saw what they did to the Stinger last week, I knew I had to do something. I couldn't sit at home and watch anymore. So I called the bossman, Terry Taylor, and I told him I'd be at Nitro tonight to make an official challenge brothers, an official challenge to Vader for the World Title!

The crowd popped huge, then turned in surprise towards the entranceway when they heard music hit. Once they realized who was coming out though, they popped huge again and welcomed Sting to the rampway. Sting looked at Hogan, then cupped his hands and shouted to the fans, who all responded back and watched Sting make his way to the ring where he stood next to Hulk Hogan and got handed a microphone of his own.

Sting: First off, let me say that it...is...great to see you back here Hulkster.

A smile from Hogan and a pop from the fans, but Sting looks less than happy.

Sting: Back to save the day, back to put WCW on your shoulders and carry it, isn't that right?

Hogan nods his head, saying he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Sting: And again, it's great to have you back...but where were you last week when we really needed you?

The crowd seemed a little unsettled, wanting Sting and Hogan to join forces, not see Sting go after Hogan.

Sting: You brought it up, so I'm gonna run with it Hulkster, hope that's alright. Last week, I was kidnapped, I was beaten, I was abused, and I was left for dead in a damn hotel room, but I didn't see Hulk Hogan coming to the rescue then. I didn't see Hulk Hogan volunteer himself to step into War Games, put his body on the line. No, but what I do see is you coming out here tonight and making challenges for the World Title and I'll be honest Hulk...that irks the Stinger, just a lil bit. See, I battled in War Games, I bled in War Games, and I came out with the win in War Games. Now, in my mind, that makes me...not you...the top contender to Vader and the World Heavyweight Championship.

Another pop from the crowd who support Sting as the top contender.

Hulk Hogan: Now wait one second brother. You had your title shot...

Sting interrupts Hogan.

Sting: And I beat you to get it.

Hogan laughs a little laugh, then re-focuses.

Hulk Hogan: Yea, that's good. But you've had your chance Sting, now step back and watch the Hulkster do what he does best brother.

Hogan and Sting were face to face when the WCW theme music hit and President Terry Taylor stepped out in a suit to the rampway. He didn't go much further, choosing to address the two superstars from afar.

Terry Taylor: As far as I'm concerned, you both deserve the chance to wrestle for the World Heavyweight Title, nobody can deny that, but there are points to be made against both of you. Sting, you did have your shot already and somebody else should be in line, but who? Hulkster, you've been gone. You can't just expect to show up and be made the top contender. So here's what we'll do. Next week on Nitro, we'll have a number one contender's match with Sting taking on Hulk Hogan, how's that?

The crowd exploded at this suggestion and Taylor couldn't help but smile.

Taylor's Not Done- 1 Minute, B Rating

Taylor looked towards the ring, not done just yet.

Terry Taylor: Of course, we don't want to disappoint the fans here tonight either and since both of you are here and ready to go, why don't you team up and take on the team of Paul Orndorff and Paul Roma tonight! That way, you'll both have a little practice in before the big match next week.

Taylor didn't wait for any responses, just made his way to the back while Hogan and Sting were left staring at each other.

No Takebacks- 1 Minute, C Rating

In the back, Kevin Sullivan has Nick Patrick backed up against a wall, looking up into his face.

Nick Patrick: Look, I'm sorry, but I can't change the decision. He didn't have to beat Meng, he just had to beat one of you and he did...

Kevin Sullivan: Meng never lost to Ron Simmons!

Nick Patrick: All I can say is-

There was nothing Patrick could say when he took a barefoot karate kick to the jaw from Meng and fell to the cold concrete. Meng followed up with the tongan death grip on the ground while Sullivan told Patrick over and over that Meng doesn't lose.

Commercial Break

The Armstrongs vs. Kenny Kendall/Mark Starr- 3 Minutes, C- Rating

When Brad Armstrong's the biggest name in a match, you know you're in trouble. Kenny Kendall showed a little bit of an upside with a devestating flying clothesline after bouncing off the ropes that nearly knocked Steve Armstrong out of the ring. Other than that, it was Brad working Mark Starr over on the mat and Steve beating Kendall with quickness until Butcher and Avalance, the Faces of Fear, started making their way down the aisle. Kendall saw them first, but ignored what was going on. When they stepped in the ring though, there was no more ignoring. Avalanche shoved Brad Armstrong into the corner, then sandwiched him. Butcher turned Steve Armstrong over and planted him with a piledriver. Kendall and Mark Starr rolled out of the ring and hurried up the aisle while the match was being thrown out.

Winner: Nobody

Self-Worth- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

Avalanche stood in the middle of the ring while Butcher went to get a microphone. He came back and handed it to Avalanche, who yelled into the mic.

Avalanche: Run the damn clip.

The jumbotron goes black, then words show up saying "After Fall Brawl". Those are replaced by Kevin Sullivan looking at both Avalanche and Butcher with a look of disgust.

Kevin Sullivan: Look at you, you two are pathetic. You think I'd want you anywhere near me and the monster? Get out of here. I don't have time for a couple of washed up nobodies like you.

The clip ended there. Avalanche then looked at Butcher and asked him a question.

Avalanche: Butch, you washed up?

Butcher cracked his knuckles and shook his head.

Avalanche: Good. Me neither. Now the way I see it, there's only one way to show that we're not washed up and that's to make a little challenge to the Nasty Boys. You don't have to put the belts on the line, just bring your asses, kicking them will be just fine.

The music hit and the crowd got on their feet, but only Brian Knobbs came out. He explained that Saggs was suffering from a minor concussion and didn't get clearance to leave the hospital, but Knobbs is here and Knobbs will fight either one of them, one on one. Avalanche agreed and the match was made.

Brian Knobbs vs. Avalanche- 9 Minutes, B- Rating

Knobbs slid in the ring and ducked a right hand from Avalanche, connecting with two of his own followed by an elbow that backed Avalanche up into the ropes. Knobbs charged, looking to clothesline the big man over the top, but instead Avalanche lifted Knobbs up and over. On the outside, The Butcher laid into Knobbs with vicious kicks before rolling him back in where Avalanche backed him into the corner, then brutally hipchecked him over and over until the ref pulled Avalanche back. Avalanche argued with the ref, which allowed Butcher to climb up on the apron and choke out Knobbs, gaining another unfair advantage. When Avalanche approached Knobbs though, Knobbs responded with a double boot to the face, then charged out of the corner with a clothesline that had Avalanche stumbling. Knobbs used a running shoulderblock but that didn't knock him down either. Knobbs took to the air with a diving shoulderblock and Avalanche stumbled back into the corner, where he was saved from falling. Knobbs drove his shoulder into Avalanche's midsection a couple of times but after an irish whip got reversed, Butcher reached up and tripped Knobbs, Knobbs went headfirst into the mat. Avalanche followed up with his Avalanche Splash, the running seated senton. Avalanche easily got the three count.

Winner: Avalanche

Commercial Break

Dustin Rhodes Interview.- 3 Minutes, B+ Rating

In a room backstage, Dustin Rhodes was seated in a folding chair, the United States title in his lap with Gene Okerlund seated opposite him.

Gene Okerlund: Dustin, what was it like competing in the brutal War Games match this year?

Dustin Rhodes: Gene, words will never be able to describe what that match feels like. You literally feel like you're fighting for your life. Thankfully, we came out on top last night.

Gene Okerlund: You've talked about how much the United States title means to you and I know it means a lot to some other people, some people who have been talked about recently as being in line for a title shot. Can I just throw some names out and see what you think of them as a contender?

Dustin Rhodes: Go right ahead.

Gene Okerlund: A man who just recently returned to WCW and got a big win last night, Ron Simmons.

Dustin Rhodes: A former World Champion, somebody who understands and appreciates the meaning of the belt. I'd hate to lose, but if I had to, I'd want it to be to a guy like Ron.

Gene Okerlund: Either half of the Hollywood Blondes, Brian Pillman and Steve Austin.

Dustin Rhodes: Two fabulous athletes, but I don't think either of them is quite ready for that kind of singles run yet. I think they need to focus on fixing their problems and dominating the tag division.

Gene Okerlund: What about Steven Regal? He's obviously qualified.

Dustin Rhodes: Heh. Yea, he's qualified. He's got key wins and he's a great ring technician, but that's where the good ends. Steven Regal would never appreciate this belt because he doesn't respect the blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into it over the years. He didn't witness the battles over this United States title, the battles to be champion and know that you're just one step away from the ultimate glory. Regal won't be champion. I won't let it happen.

Gene cocks his head to the side as if he had another question, but didn't ask it, instead thanking Rhodes for his time and letting the US Champ walk off.

Dean Malenko vs. Jean Paul Levesque- 8 Minutes, D Rating

Malenko locked up with Levesque and put him in a side headlock. Levesque just pulled his head back out of it, then pushed Malenko, who looked confused, in the back. Malenko turned and walked into a kick to the midsection, then Levesque pulled him up for a suplex, but dropped him kind of awkwardly on his side. Malenko stood up, holding his back as if he'd hit right. Levesque charged and Malenko ran him into the corner, ramming his face into the top turnbuckle a couple of times before snap suplexing him to the middle of the ring. Malenko seemed legitly upset in the ring and it was clear to everyone when he laced Levesque's chest with a chop that made him scream out. Malenko did it again, then planted him with another snap suplex. Malenko never gave up control from there and won it with the Cloverleaf.

Winner: Dean Malenko

Commercial Break

Things Not All Well- 4 Minutes, B Rating

A shouting match can be heard outside a door backstage. The door opened up and it was Arn Anderson and Vader yelling at each other, Harley Race standing by his man Vader.

Arn Anderson: Maybe I wouldn't have lost the match if you could have gotten out of the ropes.

Harley stepped up in front of Vader.

Harley Race: You didn't have to tap out, all you had to do was hold on for one minute, somebody would have been able to help you Arn. But you gave up.

Orndorff stepped up into the picture.

Paul Orndorff: Will you two cool it? In case you haven't noticed, we have to go face Sting and Hogan tonight, we could use a little support.

Vader turned to Orndorff and Race spoke up.

Harley Race: Right now, we need to settle this.

Orndorff sat back down and the argument continued with Arn trying to defend himself until Vader said something about not needing punks on his team and Arn flipped, pushing Vader. Vader pushed back harder and Harley finally decided to quit showing favoritism and step in, trying to seperate the two. Orndorff and Roma had to come into the picture to help hold the two apart, but it wasn't a sign of solidarity backstage for the group who's dominated WCW over the last year.

Rick Martel Promo- 3 Minutes, C+ Rating

Rick Martel stood in the ring, the confidence radiating off his body as he smiled and put the microphone to use.

Rick Martel: It seems as if tonight...is the night...of champions. First, the immortal Hulk Hogan wants a title shot. Then, the Stinger. Those two big ugly oafs wanted a shot at the tag titles. And you know I couldn't just sit in the back and let everyone else get their opportunity. After my amazing performance last night at Fall Brawl, I think it's safe to assume that President Terry Taylor and the boys in the back know who the top contender is. It doesn't even matter what belt, I just want some gold.

Martel stopped and smirked, raising one eyebrow.

Rick Martel: I like gold.

Martel then went back to his slow pacing, addressing the crowd in a casual manner.

Rick Martel: So who's it gonna be? Johnny B. Badd? Dustin Rhodes? Dare I say, the big man, Vader?

Martel looked towards the entryway but wasn't overcome with joy at who he saw coming down the aisle. It was none other than Mr. USA himself, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, to a huge ovation. Duggan rolled in the ring and snatched the mic out of Rick Martel's hand. After a long "Hoooooo!", he turned to Martel.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan: Where I'm from, we earn what we get. If you ask me, you haven't earned anything but a good ol fashioned butt kickin!

Before Duggan can do anything else, Martel hit him with a right hand. Within seconds, Slick Johnson had slid in the ring and called for the bell, making this an official match.

Rick Martel vs. Jim Duggan- 4 Minutes, B- Rating

Martel continued the assault on Duggan, pounding him with right hands, putting him down to the mat. Martel dropped down to his knees and started punching Duggan in the head, then stood up and raised his hands to the crowd, drawing in their boos. Duggan was slowly getting to his feet and Martel kicked him in the midsection to stop that, then hit him with a swinging neckbreaker and wiped his hands clean, showing how easy it was. Martel grabbed Duggan and with a cocky smirk, sent him into the ropes. Martel went for a dropkick, but Duggan held onto the ropes and Martel fell to the ground. He got back up and Duggan ran him over with a running clothesline that nearly flipped Martel over. Martel's eyes got wide and he scurried out of the ring, backing up the aisle. Slick Johnson counted to ten while Duggan stood in the ring with his two by four, ready for more action.

Winner: Jim Duggan

Commercial Break

You What?- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

In the locker room, Steve Austin is sitting on a bench while Brian Pillman looked at himself in the mirror. Neither man was speaking until Pillman piped up.

Brian Pillman: Look Steve, I want you to be the first to know. I went to Terry Taylor earlier today and asked him for my shot at the Television title.

Austin cocked his head in surprise and stood up.

Steve Austin: You asked Terry Taylor for your shot?

Brian Pillman: Yea...

Steve Austin: The day after costing me...my shot?

Pillman didn't respond and Austin continued.

Steve Austin: I should still be the top contender.

Brian Pillman: I don't know what to tell you, I just wanted you to hear it from me.

Steve Austin: So what'd he say?

Brian Pillman: I face Johnny B. Badd next week.

Steve Austin: Next week?

Brian Pillman: Next week.

Austin just nodded his head and the scene faded.

Sting/Hulk Hogan vs. Pretty Wonderful- 12 Minutes, A Rating

Orndorff looked over at Sting and Hogan, then quickly stepped through the ropes, leaving Paul Roma to be the initial sacrafice. Though at first upset at being in the situation, Roma developed an ounce of courage and stepped to the middle of the ring, challenging either man to come face him. Sting stepped up and absorbed right hands from Roma, only to shove him to the ground, then flex and scream while Roma backed up to the corner, using the ropes to lift himself up. Sting approached but got kicked in the midsection. Roma then lifted himself into the air and kicked Sting in the face before driving him to the mat with a bulldog. Roma dropped down and put on a reverse chin lock, keeping the pressure on for a good sixty seconds before releasing the hold and kicking Sting in the back of the head. Roma turned and posed at Hogan, allowing Sting to get to his feet. Roma turned back around and got gorilla press slammed for his troubles. Roma landed hard and scurried over to Orndorff while Sting tagged in the Hulkster to a huge ovation. Hogan and Orndorff circled each other before locking up, Hogan getting the advantage. He went for a clean break, but Orndorff thumbed him in the eye, then ran Hogan up and over the top rope to the outside! Roma started towards Hogan for some cheap shots, but saw Sting and thought twice. Hogan lifted himself up to the apron where Orndorff wanted to suplex him in but Hogan caught him with right hands, then wound up and delivered the big right hand that knocked Orndorff back and allowed Hogan to step into the ring. Orndorff went to tag in Roma, but Roma wanted no part of the returning Hulk Hogan. Hogan punched Orndorff twice more, then sent him into the ropes and delivered the big boot. Hogan went for the pin, but Roma manned up and made the save. Sting came into the ring, running Roma head first into the top turnbuckle, then lifting him up and crotching him on the top rope. Hogan sent Orndorff into the corner where Sting delivered a huge stinger splash! Orndorff fell to the mat and Sting was signalling for the Scorpion Death Lock when he heard the referee's hand hitting the mat for the third time. Hogan had dropped the big leg drop and made the pin while Sting was hyping up the crowd for the death lock.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Sting looked at Hogan with a curiosity about why he stole the finish, but Hogan explained they won the match and Sting just looked on, unsure of what just took place.

Overall Rating of B-

Attendance of 10,000 w/1,114,872 viewers

Nitro was a pretty good show after Fall Brawl. Though, I didn't like Hogan teasing a heel turn as soon as he returns, As first, I thought it was too soon, And secondly, I just don't see Hogan turning heel. Though, I hope Sting doesn't end up turning either, As the fans just wouldn't accept a heel Sting during this time period. All though I wasn't crazy about it at first, I kinda like the thought of Martel feuding with Duggan. I can't wait to see if Pillman can win the TV title next, Though, I see Austin screwing him over like Pillman screwed him over at Fall Brawl. I hope neither Arn or Vader turn, As they work out better as heels. I'm waiting for the Malenko push, As well as a Jean Paul Levesque push, Just cause snobby HHH owned everyone. Sting versus Hogan next week will be huge, But lets hope you don't make the same mistake WCW did when they had this match. Keep up the good work. (Y)

• 3 weeks later...

Saturday Night 4- Saturday, Fourth Week of September, 1995

It Won't Stop.- 3 Minutes, C+ Rating

Kevin Sullivan's just entering the building with Meng when he's confronted by WCW President Terry Taylor. Meng went to step in front of Sullivan, but Sullivan put his hand out and held Meng back, then looked up at Taylor.

Terry Taylor: You care to explain what happened on Monday?

Sullivan half smiled and started to walk past, but Taylor grabbed him. Again, Meng went to step in but was held back by Sullivan, who finally addressed Taylor.

Kevin Sullivan: Careful.

Terry Taylor: I asked you a question.

Kevin Sullivan: What happened on Monday...is what's going to keep happening...until Meng gets Ron Simmons.

Sullivan again walked past Taylor, but this time Taylor let him walk, looking at Meng, who just stared the President down.

Dean Malenko vs. Mark Starr- 9 Minutes, C- Rating

Mark Starr took the initial advantage, using the couple inches height advantage he had and hammering down on Malenko's upper body. After a gutbuster, Starr went for the pin but it wasn't enough to keep Malenko down. Malenko reversed an irish whip and took Starr down with a drop toe hold, then lifted Starr into the air and slammed his knee into the mat. Malenko continued his focus on the legs of Starr, bringing him down to Malenko's height. Malenko turned a sunset flip into the Texas Cloverleaf to win by submission.

Commercial Break

Match Power- 2 Minutes, D Rating

In the hallway, you can hear a lot of loud grunting coming from inside one of the rooms. The grunting got louder and louder until the source was finally revealed. Ice Train was laying down, bench pressing some free weights, 4 fifty pound weights on either side. The grunting came with every push up until he finally put it on the bar and stopped. He stood up and looked like he was definately ready to match Vader pound for pound tonight.

Is Everything How It Should Be?- 2 Minutes, A Rating

Gene Okerlund was backstage with Harley Race, Vader, and Arn Anderson.

Gene Okerlund: Alright guys, last Monday, things didn't seem to be going so well following the loss at War Games. Is there trouble in the Harley Race camp?

Race, of course, just laughed it off.

Harley Race: Trouble? Here? Haha, Gene Okerlund, all we have here is two great competitors who hate to lose. And trust me...losing will not happen again.

Gene looked past Vader and right at Arn Anderson, who didn't seem to be going along with the theme of happiness and content.

Gene Okerlund: Well, let me ask you Arn Anderson, is everything patched up?

Harley stepped in to answer, but Okerlund told him that he had asked Arn Anderson. Anderson stepped towards Okerlund, looked at Race, then without turning back to Okerlund, gave his answer.

Arn Anderson: Everything's exactly...how it should be Okerlund.

Okerlund shook his head in that "I don't believe this" sort of way, then tossed it back to the ring.

Jim Duggan vs. Van Hammer- 8 Minutes, C- Rating

Duggan locked up with Hammer and pushed him into the ropes, then followed up but caught a knee to the midsection. Hammer sent Duggan into the corner and extended his arm over the top rope, pulling down on the other side. Hammer used an irish whip, then pulled Duggan back into a shoulderblock, then tried to lift Duggan for a shoulderbreaker, but Duggan was too strong and fought his way out of. Duggan used his clublike right hands to back Hammer into the ropes, then sent him in and back bodydropped him! Duggan got down in the three point stance and as soon as Hammer stood up, he got ran over. Duggan gave the big "Hooooo", then dropped the knee to Hammer's forehead for the win.

Commercial Break

Maybe, Maybe Not- 2 Minutes, C- Rating

Marty Jannetty was lacing up his boots when Chris Kanyon stepped into the room, a fan-like smile on his face. Jannetty stopped what he was doing and looked up at Chris.

Chris Kanyon: Don't wanna bother you or anything, I just had to say that I've always been a huge fan of yours and now that you're here in WCW...it's just great to have you here.

Marty Jannetty: Yea well, I appreciate that but things haven't been going so great yet...

Chris Kanyon: They will, you're Marty Jannetty! Who knows, maybe we can even team up sometime!

Jannetty looked at Kanyon, wondering if he was serious. Then, trying not to offend him, he responded.

Marty Jannetty: Yea yea....yea. I mean, that'd be....yea.

Chris Kanyon: Yea? That's awesome! I've got a match coming up, you should check it out, see what I can bring to the team.

Marty Jannetty: Yea, I'll uh...do that.

Kanyon bounced out of the room, excited about the possibility of teaming with Jannetty, who seemed less than thrilled at what just transpired.

Harlem Heat Promo- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

Backstage, Booker T and Stevie Ray were standing in front of the WCW Saturday Night banner. Neither had a pleasant look on their face, but when did they ever?

Booker T: Ya know somethin Stevie Ray...

Stevie Ray: What's that Book?

Booker T: It seems to me that Harlem Heat...just ain't gettin the respect...that we should get.

Stevie Ray: Tell em baby bruh.

Booker T: Faces of Fear are talking about title shots, Pretty Wonderful's talking about title shots, but nobody's talking about Harlem Heat. What do we gotta do to these suckas to get they damn attention?

Stevie just cracked his knuckles and smiled.

Booker T: Ya know, I think you got it Stevie. Let's go crack some skulls and do it for the block.

Book followed Stevie Ray out of the scene.

Chris Kanyon vs. Jean Paul Levesque- 9 Minutes, D Rating

Levesque and Kanyon stood toe to toe, then Levesque slapped Kanyon across the face. Kanyon rubbed his jaw and then spit in the face of Levesque, followed by two right hands and an irish whip. Levesque bounced off the ropes and took a back elbow from Kanyon, followed by a russian leg sweep. Kanyon worked over the neck of Levesque with a series of submission moves, using them more as weardown maneuvers. He went for a pin but Levesque kicked out and got back to his feet, able to hit Kanyon with a boot to the stomach and then drove the back of his head to the mat. Levesque put on an abdominal stretch, reaching out and using the ropes for an advantage every chance he could. Finally, Randy Anderson kicked his arm off the top rope and that let Kanyon flip him over to the mat. Kanyon followed that with the Flatliner and picked up the win.

Winner: Chris Kanyon

Commercial Break

Rhodes Promo Replay- 3 Minutes, B+ Rating

In a room backstage, Dustin Rhodes was seated in a folding chair, the United States title in his lap with Gene Okerlund seated opposite him.

Gene Okerlund: Dustin, what was it like competing in the brutal War Games match this year?

Dustin Rhodes: Gene, words will never be able to describe what that match feels like. You literally feel like you're fighting for your life. Thankfully, we came out on top last night.

Gene Okerlund: You've talked about how much the United States title means to you and I know it means a lot to some other people, some people who have been talked about recently as being in line for a title shot. Can I just throw some names out and see what you think of them as a contender?

Dustin Rhodes: Go right ahead.

Gene Okerlund: A man who just recently returned to WCW and got a big win last night, Ron Simmons.

Dustin Rhodes: A former World Champion, somebody who understands and appreciates the meaning of the belt. I'd hate to lose, but if I had to, I'd want it to be to a guy like Ron.

Gene Okerlund: Either half of the Hollywood Blondes, Brian Pillman and Steve Austin.

Dustin Rhodes: Two fabulous athletes, but I don't think either of them is quite ready for that kind of singles run yet. I think they need to focus on fixing their problems and dominating the tag division.

Gene Okerlund: What about Steven Regal? He's obviously qualified.

Dustin Rhodes: Heh. Yea, he's qualified. He's got key wins and he's a great ring technician, but that's where the good ends. Steven Regal would never appreciate this belt because he doesn't respect the blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into it over the years. He didn't witness the battles over this United States title, the battles to be champion and know that you're just one step away from the ultimate glory. Regal won't be champion. I won't let it happen.

Gene cocks his head to the side as if he had another question, but didn't ask it, instead thanking Rhodes for his time and letting the US Champ walk off.

Good Saturday Night, It helped get some new things going. I am interested in seeing if the Jannetty/Kanyon team will go ahead as planned, Though, I could see Kanyon turning on Jannetty down the road. DDP dumping Kimberly went well too. Can't wait to see what you'll do with DDP next. I'm glad Harlem Heat looks like they'll be going after the gold soon, As they're much better than the Faces Of Fear. I can't wait to see Pillman confront Austin, Especially after Austin's comments. Sting/Hogan should be a big main event, And hopefully, It has a decisive ending. Looking forward to Nitro. (Y)

Monday, 1st Week of October, 1995

The first month is over. I've been through a few shows and even a pay per view. Fall Brawl didn't pull in the numbers I had hoped and there was speculation that it was due to there not being any title matches aside from the Television title. I couldn't help that all the other champions were in the War Games match, at least there were no complaints about that. Despite the criticism regarding the quality of the shows, I'm still optimistic about the future even though some of the veterans have been given me a hard time. Paul Orndorff, Harley Race, and Dick Slater had all showed up to shows late. Even after a verbal warning, Dick Slater did it again. He'll be recieving a fine, but I doubt that'll do anything about the chip on his shoulder. Luckily, I've been in contact with some other tag teams about making their way to WCW.

Terry's been very solid thus far as WCW President. Not bad at all...for a backup plan. The original choice was Ricky Steamboat, but he wanted a limited schedule and full time salary, which isn't an option in my book. Somehow, Paul Heyman managed to give him what he wanted because he showed up on Hardcore TV as a new figurehead in ECW, talking about how ECW has dilluted the wrestling product. Of course, he had his supporters join him, namely the Road Warriors and Rick Steiner. Shane Douglas stepped up against him and was joined by Bad Breed, which led to the respective matches at School's Out. It's actually been pretty interesting to watch.

I had to break up DDP and Kimberly. Dallas is a great guy and a very hard worker, but let's face it, he started his career late and the future's limited for him. Kimberly, on the other hand, is a gold mine. Beautiful, young, charismatic, she's got more of a future than she'll ever know. It's finding the right person to put her with that's been troubling.

I brought in Marty Jannetty, hoping to have my own version of Shawn Michaels, showcase the other half of the Rockers. The crowd, however, showed no interest in him. At least I'll keep him around though, try to re-package him and come up with something else. One person I may have to part ways with though is Jean Paul Levesque. Nothing against him personally, I actually think he has a good mind for the business but his matches have been terrible. Rick Martel's taken a liking to him though and I've seen the two working together backstage, so I'm hoping that Rick can help him improve. I'd hate to cut a young prospect like that.

The debut edition of Monday Nitro started out hot but we've already lost two hundred thousand viewers over the course of a month. That's not a good sign, which is why I'm relying heavily on the promotion for the Hulk Hogan-Sting top contendership match on Monday. If that doesn't help boost ratings, then I'm not sure what else I need to do but I know my job will be in jeopardy. And getting fired this soon would be downright embarassing. I'd like to put more of a focus on Nitro and less on Saturday Night, but the timeslot situation doesn't make that a reality. So I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope it works.

The rest of the wrestling World looks like this:

WWF

World Champion: Diesel

Intercontinental Champion: Razor Ramon

Tag Team: Bam Bam Bigelow/Tatanka

Women's: Bull Nakano

The last WWF PPV was Lost Cause and recieved 387,187 buys

The Smokin' Gunns defeated Eli Blue and Jim Neidhart

Mo defeated Steven Dunn

Fatu went to a double DQ with Jimmy Del Ray

Sionne defeated Bushwhacker Luke

1-2-3 Kid & Bob Holly defeated Jacob and Well

Razor Ramon defeated IRS to retain the Intercontinental Title

Bigelow & Tatanka defeated Tom Pritchard & Adam Bomb to retain the Tag Titles

Crush defeated Bull Nakano

Bob Backlund defeated Owen Hart

Yokozuna defeated King Kong Bundy

Davey Boy Smith defeated Jerry Lawler

Diesel defeated Jeff Jarrett to retain World Title

Signings: None

Releases: Paul Bearer, Gerald Brisco, Steve Lombardi, Afa

ECW

World Champion: Shane Douglas

World Television: 2 Cold Scorpio

World Tag Team: Public Enemy

Last Major Event was School's Out and had attendance of 5,000

Pitbull I defeated Hack Myers

Mikey Whipwreck defeated JT Smith

Terry Funk defeated Pitbull II

Sandman defeated Raven & Stevie

Public Enemy defeated Sabu & Taz to retain World Tag Team titles

Cactus Jack defeated 911

2 Cold Scorpio defeated Chris Benoit to retain TV Title

Shane Douglas and Road Warrior Animal went to a no contest for World Title

Hawk and Rick Steiner defeated Bad Breed

Signings: Road Warriors, Rick Steiner, Ricky Steamboat

Releases: None

Nitro 5- Monday, First Week of October, 1995

Note For Hogan- 1 Minute, B+ Rating

Nitro comes on the air and the first image seen is Hulk Hogan opening the door to his dressing room. Taped to the locker is a note. The camera zooms to read it the same time Hogan does. It reads "Hulk, just wanted to make sure we're cool. Come talk to me when you get in. -Sting" Hogan rips the note off the locker, drops his bags, and leaves the room.

Dean Malenko vs. Booker T- 8 Minutes, C- Rating

Booker T had Stevie Ray by his side when he entered the ring and locked up with Malenko. He backed Malenko up into the corner, but instead of breaking clean, he slapped Malenko and got a warning from Slick Johnson. Booker sent Malenko into the opposite corner, following close behind and sandwiching him, then went for a chokehold. Johnson stepped in and got in Book's face, which allowed Stevie Ray to hop up on the apron and do the deed instead. Booker T kept Malenko in the corner until he went for a scissor kick and Malenko moved. Booker ended up straddling the top rope and after a couple right hands from Malenko, fell victim to a side suplex. Malenko followed that up with a snap suplex and went for a pin, but Stevie had Johnson distracted. Malenko used a baseball slide to knock Stevie into the guardrail, then came back in the ring and nearly had his head taken off with a scissors kick. Book went for the pin, but only got two. He bodyslammed Malenko and went up to the top rope, calling for a missile dropkick, but Malenko sidestepped it, then locked in the Texas Cloverleaf for the win.

Attack- 1 Minute, A Rating

The cameras went backstage and found Hulk Hogan laid out, coughing a painful cough. Security and referees were all over the place, but there was no sign of who did the dirty deed. Randy Anderson could be heard screaming for a medic while Nitro faded to commercial.

Commercial Break

Next Week.- 1 Minute, A Rating

Announcers talk about the fact that Harley Race and his group aren't here tonight, but Schiavone announces that next week, all four men will be in action. Schiavone goes on to say that Vader will even be defending the World Title against Ron Simmons! Schiavone says Ron Simmons is standing by in the back.

Simmons Interview- 1 Minute, B- Rating

Sure enough, Ron Simmons is in the back with Gene Okerlund.

Gene Okerlund: Ron Simmons, it was just announced that you will be facing Vader for the World Championship next week. What an opportunity this must be.

Ron Simmons: Ya damn right it's a big opportunity. It's not everyday you get a title shot, especially at the World Title. But ya know what? I've held that belt before. I've been WCW Champion. I know what it takes and all I need is one opportunity. Next week, I get that opportunity.

Gene Okerlund: Any concern at all about Meng and his possible involvement?

Ron Simmons: Oh I'm sure Meng will be involved but I'm not worried about it. Look at me, I'm a top notch athlete, all I have to worry about is the match. If Meng wants to show his face...well...he can get some too.

Okerlund thanked Simmons for his time and sent it back to the ring.

Nasty Boys vs. Dick Slater/Bunkhouse Buck- 8 Minutes, C+ Rating

Knobbs and Slater started off locked up but the match quickly deteriorated into a brawl, Slater and Knobbs exchanging right hands until Knobbs headbutted Slater and sent him into the corner. Knobbs tagged in Saggs, but Slater managed to get the advantage and ran Saggs head first into the opposite corner. Slater tagged in Buck and together, they put the boots to Saggs. Knobbs tried to come in for the rescue, but just distracted Teddy Long. Slater started choking Saggs and Buck kept stomping away. Finally, Slater stepped out and Buck kept Saggs in the corner. Buck bodyslammed Saggs and went for the pin, but Saggs kicked out. Saggs started fighting back, then knocked Slater off the apron. Saggs tagged in Knobbs, who came in and finished the match from there, ending it with an elbow drop off the second turnbuckle.

Winner: Nasty Boys

Not Done Yet- 1 Minutes, C+ Rating

After the match, Knobbs and Saggs were playing to the crowd when Avalanche and Butcher slid into the ring. Avalanche nailed Knobbs in the back of the head, Butcher ran Saggs out of the ring. Butcher sent Knobbs into the corner and Avalanche squashed him, then watched as he fell to the mat. Butcher made sure Saggs stayed on the outside while Avalanche delivered the Avalanche Splash, landing seat first on Knobbs' chest. Faces of Fear left the ring and Saggs checked on Knobbs.

Commercial Break

No Cancellation- 2 Minutes, A Rating

Hulk Hogan was in the trainers room being checked out by the trainer. His ribs were already taped up and he had ice on his head when Terry Taylor walked in. Hogan quickly tossed the ice and stood up, grimacing as he did. Taylor looked him up and down and didn’t look happy at what he saw.

Terry Taylor: Did you see who did it?

Hogan responded, talking through his teeth while trying to block out the pain.

Hulk Hogan: I didn’t have to see brother, it had to be Sting.

Taylor’s eyes opened in shock.

Terry Taylor: Sting? Hulk, I know he’s your opponent tonight, but Sting?

Hulk Hogan: Look brother, I know it was him.

Terry Taylor: Well, whether it was or not doesn’t matter. We’re postponing the match until next week, maybe even the week after. Whenever you can go.

Hogan took his hand off his side and slammed it down onto the table.

Hulk Hogan: The match is tonight dude. I don’t wanna wait, I want the Stinger and I want the contendership tonight!

Hogan shoved his way past Taylor, leaving the doctor and Taylor standing there.

Steven Regal vs. The Patriot- 9 Minutes, B- Rating

Steven Regal scoffed at the Patriot and how he played to the crowd, the chant of “U-S-A” starting early. Regal locked up with Patriot, putting him in a side headlock, then got shoved off into the ropes and knocked Patriot down with a shoulderblock, dropping to the mat and again putting on a headlock. Regal stuck to the mat moves, switching from a chin lock to a half boston crab and then an armbar, trying to get Patriot to give up early. Patriot fought his way to the ropes and once on his feet, took the fight to Regal with left jabs and then a clothesline. Patriot dropkicked Regal into the corner and delivered an avalanche that sent Regal stumbling out and finally he fell to the mat. Patriot only got a two count and again backed Regal into the corner for a ten punch followed up by a trip upstairs. Regal stumbled around and Patriot seemed ready for the Patriot Missile but Regal fell into the ropes and Patriot ended up crotched on top. Regal climbed up with him, hooking him in a front facelock, then brought him down hard with a superplex to the middle of the ring. Regal locked in the Regal Stretch and from there, it was over.

Winner: Steven Regal

Sting Interview- 1 Minute, A Rating

“Mean” Gene Okerlund is standing by backstage with Sting. Okerlund goes to ask a question, but Sting just grabs the microphone from him.

Sting: Not tonight Gene-O. Hulk Hogan, you accuse me of attacking you? Me? The Stinger?

Sting shakes his head in disappointment, quiets his voice and looks in the camera.

Sting: Hogan, I’ve never attacked anybody in my life and I sure as hell didn’t start with you.

Sting bites his bottom lip and raises his voice back to normal.

Sting: Now don’t get me wrong, I’m sorry for what happened and if I had it my way, this match wouldn’t even go down tonight. I don’t want to beat you when you’re not one hundred percent hulkster, that’s not what I want. But you insist on having this match tonight, you want revenge on me, right? Well, it is how it is brother. You want me that bad? Well, you’re about to get me.

Sting gives his call to the stingers, who respond with a huge pop and Sting’s on his way to the ring while Nitro heads to commercial.

Commercial Break

A Challenge Is Thrown Down- 2 Minutes, A Rating

Backstage, Dustin Rhodes and Steven Regal both turn a corner at the same time and nearly run each other over. Rhodes dropped the US Title and Regal happened to pick it up. He took a nice, long look at it before handing it to Rhodes, who snatched it away quick.

Steven Regal: Relax sunshine, you don't have to snatch. I don't want it...yet.

Dustin Rhodes: You'll never get it Regal, never.

Steven Regal: You fool. Don't you realize I can take that bloody belt any time I feel like it?

Rhodes sighed before responding.

Dustin Rhodes: It's people like you, with your ego's and overconfidence, people like you that have ruined wrestlin'. Wrestlin' used to be about the battle, now it's about politics, dealing with whiny, undeserving chumps like you.

Steven Regal: I'm sorry, did you say undeserving? Well, why don't we settle it like men dear boy?

Dustin Rhodes: Like men?

Steven Regal: In the ring. I'll gladly give you a proper thrashing, all you have to do is put that title on the line.

Regal patted the belt and Rhodes quickly pulled back.

Steven Regal: It's ok, you don't have to answer now. I'll be around.

Regal put his hand behind his back and stepped off, head held high. Rhodes punched the wall in frustration.

Brian Pillman vs. Johnny B. Badd- 10 Minutes, B+ Rating

Pillman slid into the ring and ducked an attack from Badd, then turned Badd around and dropkicked him in the chest. Badd nearly fell over the top rope, but stopped himself. Pillman charged with a clothesline, Badd dropped down and pulled the top rope with him, watching Pillman fly over the top. Badd ignored the ref and took the fight to Pillman on the outside, sending him into the barrier and firing right hands. Badd went to roll Pillman into the ring, but Pillman reversed it and sent Badd into the apron, then rolled him in. Pillman stepped up to the apron and when Badd got to his feet, Pillman lifted himself over the top rope and clotheslined Badd, following it up with a pin for a two count. Pillman suplexed Badd and went up to the top rope. He missed a missile dropkick and took a DDT from Badd that led to a two count. Badd with a firemans carry into a slam, but still couldn't get any more than a two count. He sent Pillman into the ropes and after a leapfrog, Pillman knocked him down with a body press but Badd kicked out of the pin. The match broke down into a brawl and while Pillman and Badd fought around the ring and to the outside, the countdown was on. When Pillman tossed Badd over the guardrail into the front row, the bell rang. Pillman looked around and realized that Nick Patrick had called for the bell, ruling the match a countout.

Winner: Draw

Pillman smacked himself in the head and looked at Badd, getting up slowly. In the back, Steve Austin had been watching the match on a monitor and the second Nick Patrick called for the bell, Austin exploded, clapping his hands and smiling. He watched the monitor to make sure the announcement was official, then walked off happy.

Commercial Break

Male Bonding- 1 Minute, C+ Rating

Coming back from commercial, Pillman was in the dressing room, yelling at Austin about why he was celebrating the countout. He asked Austin if Austin was even on his side, but before Austin could answer, Terry Taylor stepped into the room.

Terry Taylor: Whoa whoa whoa, what's all the yelling about?

Pillman and Austin just look at each other.

Brian Pillman: Nothin. What's up boss?

Taylor looked at Pillman, then at Austin, and obviously didn't believe either.

Terry Taylor: You two have been having a lot of problems lately. What you need is a chance to work together, work the problems out. So here's what I'm gonna do. Next week, you two are gonna be in tag team action, since you are a tag team. And you'll be taking on Pretty Wonderful. Hopefully, this'll help fix your problems.

Neither Pillman or Austin seemed happy with the decision, but Taylor nodded his head, smiled, and left.

Sting vs. Hulk Hogan- 13 Minutes, A* Rating

The two legends looked at one another from across the ring, neither wanting to make that first move. The bell rang and they slowly stepped forward, circling each other, feeling each other out. Finally, after a couple light hand slaps, they locked up and though Sting gave a great effort, Hogan forced him back into the ropes and broke clean. Sting kicked him in the midsection, then back chopped him in the chest followed by a right hand and sent him into the ropes. Sting took him down with a back body drop, then used an inverted atomic drop to set up a clothesline and a pin that barely got to two. Sting sent Hogan into the corner and followed up with a chop to the chest. Hogan fired back with a hard right hand that got the crowd into it. Sting with a chop, Hogan with a right, Sting with a chop, Hogan with a right. Hogan with another right and another and finally battled out of the corner. He sent Sting into the ropes and went for the big boot, but Sting ducked underneath it. Sting came off the ropes with a crossbody that Hogan caught and Hogan bodyslammed Sting to the mat and went for the cover, barely managing a two of his own. Hogan pulled Sting to his feet, then sent him into the corner. Hogan followed in, climbing up and gave Sting nine right hands to the head. Hogan played to the crowd before the tenth and it cost him. Sting lifted him up and brought him down with another inverted atomic drop, then hooked Hogan and suplexed him to the mat. Sting took a second to catch his breath and you could see Hogan favoring his ribs on the mat, surely feeling the effects of the earlier sneak attack. Sting looked up to the top rope, then back down at Hogan. Thinking he had plenty of time, Sting went up to the top turnbuckle, but by the time he got there, Hogan was back on his feet and approaching him rapidly. Sting couldn't react in time and Hogan grabbed him, sending him off the top turnbuckle to the mat. Hogan stretched his ribs doing it though and immediately clutched at his side. Nonetheless, he kept going and backed into the ropes, going for the big leg drop! Sting rolled out of the way and then stood by Hogan's feet, wrapping him up in the Scorpion Death Lock. Hogan fought to keep it from getting turned, but his ribs wouldn't hold up and once the pressure went on his back, he tapped and gave the match to Sting.

Winner: Sting

Sting tried to help Hogan up, tried to check on him, but as soon as Hogan got to his feet, he shoved Sting back. Hogan shouted at Sting, who shook his head in disbelief, watching Hogan leave the ring while the fans wondered if Sting had really done it. Nitro faded to black.

Overall Rating of B-

Attendance of 10,000 w/1,083,295

Tuesday, Second Week of October, 1995

Nitro was as good of a show as I could have ever hoped for, but the early ratings show we're still on a decline. Hopefully, people hear about this show and start tuning in. Unfortunately, the backstage problems have continued. Alex Wright not only showed up late, but also got into an argument with Paul Orndorff over a rib that Orndorff had pulled. I don't know the details of what happened, but I was told by Roma that it really wasn't a big deal and Wright definately over-reacted. He's being warned for the lateness and I'll let the over-reaction slide. He's from a different culture, maybe his reaction was justified. What wasn't justified was the fight between Jerry Saggs and Steven Regal, stemming from Regal claiming he was tougher than Saggs. Knowing Regal's history and his shoot fighting background, I don't doubt it. Saggs should have let it go but didn't. Both men are being warned for the incident. Unfortunately, there was yet another fight. Brian Pillman had been teasing Jannetty about the success Shawn Michaels has had since the break up of the Rockers and Jannetty didn't respond very well. Those two are also being warned.

I can't do much more than warn them when I'm in part to blame. The backstage has been a mess and I haven't done anything about it. Dusty Rhodes is the only full time road agent, others just help out if they see a situation. That'll change starting this week. Today, I set up interviews with two others...Bob Orton Jr. and Gerald Brisco. I figure Brisco did wonders for WWE and, while I'm not sure why they let him go, he's at least worth talking to. Bob Orton Jr.'s a very well respected man around WCW and if he can focus on helping the younger guys and not playing catch up with the older ones, he could work out nicely. By next week, I'd like to have both men in place. Next week's Nitro should be a good one and if they keep the backstage area calm, this gig'll become a lot less stressful.

Nitro definitely delivered. Very solid main event between Hogan and Sting. I can't wait to see what will happen with them next. And if it was Sting who laid out Hogan. Glad to see Sting get the win, Though, I see Hogan costing him the title. The rest of the show was good, And it looks like either Pillman or Austin will turn during their tag match. Rhodes/Regal looks good, Especially if Regal wins it, As Dustin hasn't really been anything special with the US title. Simmons/Vader should be big for next week too. I liked your reports, Though, Your backstage scene sounds like a mad house. Looking forward to Saturday Night. (Y)

Saturday Night 5- Saturday, First Week of October, 1995

Martel says he has a bonus for Rogers if he beats Duggan tonight- 1 Minute, B- Rating

There's a couple knocks on a door before it's opened by Big Bubba Rogers. In the hallway stands the knocker, Rick Martel, who motions for himself to come in, then slides past Rogers, who still hasn't said a word.

Rick Martel: Ah yes, Big Bubba Rogers...

Martel looked Rogers up and down.

Rick Martel: Definately big.

Rogers shut the door rather forcefully and Martel straightened up.

Rick Martel: Listen, I'm not here for trouble. I just saw that you have a match coming up against Jim Duggan tonight..."Hacksaw" they call him.

Big Bubba Rogers: And?

Rick Martel: And I just wanted to give you some extra...uh...incentive for winning.

Big Bubba Rogers: Extra incentive huh...

Martel smiled and pulled out a small wad of money. Rogers went to grab it but Martel pulled back.

Rick Martel: Like I said...extra incentive.

Martel put the money back in his pocket and Rogers cracked his knuckles, showing he understood.

Chris Kanyon vs. Dave Finlay- 8 Minutes, C- Rating

Dave Finlay came out to some irish music, but not much of a reaction from the crowd. He got their attention with some really stiff chops on Kanyon though and by the end of the match, Kanyon's chest was swelling em. Still, besides the chops and the punches, there wasn't much offense from Finlay. Kanyon held out an armbar and turned it into a schoolboy to get a two count and almost won the match with a gutbuster. Finally, it was the Flatliner that ended things and Kanyon picked up a win.

Winner: Chris Kanyon

Commercial Break

Vader Interview- 3 Minutes, A Rating

Gene Okerlund's standing by backstage with Vader and Harley Race. As usual, Harley Race stepped forward to do the speaking.

Gene Okerlund: Harley Race, we know now who this man will face at Halloween Havoc and it's none other than Sting. How big of a threat is Sting to the World Title?

Harley Race: He's not. Big...Van...Vader is the most dominant, menacing force to ever walk on God's green earth Gene Okerlund. A skinny blonde surferboy is not about to de-throne this man.

Gene Okerlund: Surely Sting's accomplishments can't be denied...

Harley Race: Sting's had a good career. He's always around the top, but what happened the last time he faced Vader one on one? You remember Bash at the Beach don't you? Sting came in all hyped up to win the World Title, then he ran into Vader and his dreams were shattered.

Gene Okerlund: I think he redeemed himself at War Games...

Harley Race: He didn't beat Vader. He didn't make Vader tap out. So how in the World did he redeem himself?

Gene Okerlund: The actions speak for themselves Harley Race.

Harley Race: I'm glad Sting's got you convinced and I'm glad he's got his group of followers. It'll make the destruction that takes place at Halloween Havoc that much sweeter.

Gene Okerlund: Wh-

Harley Race: No more questions Okerlund. We've got business to attend to.

Vader pounded his chest and pretended like he might go after Okerlund, who flinched in fear. Vader laughed as he followed Harley Race out.

Rick Martel vs. Julio Sanchez- 8 Minutes, C Rating

Sanchez came out quick, using consecutive hiptosses and a head scissors takedown to shock Martel and he got an early two count but that was about all the offense he mounted. Martel german suplexed Sanchez, then used a seated dropkick to knock him into the corner. Martel lifted him up to the top and superplexed him to the mat, Sanchez bouncing off on impact. Martel ended it with the boston crab.

Winner: Rick Martel

Commercial Break

Badd Hype- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

A video rolls, showing Johnny B. Badd winning the television title. It goes on to show him, defense after defense, showcasing his "I'm a Baaaadddddd man" moonsault, and really putting over his success as champion.

Johnny B. Badd vs. Craig Pittman- 9 Minutes, C Rating

The Sarge came out saluting the crowd and walking stiff and actually got salutes back from a good number of the fans. His take no prisoners attitude inside the ring won him some fans and his use of the headbutt was reminiscent of the Junkyard Dog. Unfortunately for him, he missed the diving headbutt from the second turnbuckle and Johnny B. Badd caught him with an insiguri that knocked him out. Badd went to the top rope and proclaimed he was still a "Baaaaadddddd Man", then landed the moonsault and walked away still TV champ.

Winner: Johnny B. Badd

Commercial Break

World Title Hype- 1 Minute, A Rating

A Halloween Havoc logo flashed across the screen, followed by images of Sting and Vader crossing over and ending up next to each other. The World Title followed and centered itself in the middle while Tony Schiavone hyped the World Title match.

Big Bubba Rogers vs. Jim Duggan- 8 Minutes, B Rating

A slugfest from the beginning. Neither man is a technical genius and it showed, Duggan and Rogers trading thunderous blows, running each other into anything they could find, and generally beating the hell out of each other. Rogers did hit a fallaway slam that got him a two count, but Duggan kept coming, knocking Rogers back into the corner and sandwiching him with a clothesline. Duggan bodyslammed Rhodes, then backed up and got down in a three point stance. Duggan charged at Rogers, but Rogers dove out of the way and slid to the outside. He reached under the ring and when Duggan leaned through the ropes to grab Rogers and bring him back in, Rogers hit Duggan with a pipe to the forehead. Duggan fell straight back and Rogers slid in the ring, covering him for the win.

Winner: Big Bubba Rogers

Commercial Break

Tag Team Talks- 2 Minutes, C Rating

Marty Jannetty reached down to grab his dasani water out of the vending machine only to find Chris Kanyon standing next to him when he stood up. After the initial startle, he greeted Kanyon and asked him what he was up to.

Chris Kanyon: I just wanted to see if you'd given any more thought to teaming up with me?

Marty Jannetty: The thing of it is-

Chris Kanyon: I mean, I can do it all. I'm a technician, I can fight, I'm pretty agile, and I'm smart. Me and you, we'd be great!

Marty Jannetty: You're about as subtle as a flying brick. I'll admit, you're impressive in the ring. So why team with me? Why not keep being successful?

Chris Kanyon: You're Marty Jannetty....you're like my idol.

Jannetty can't help but smile and chuckle.

Marty Jannetty: Look, I've got a match to get ready for...

Chris Kanyon: Did you see what I did to Dave Finlay?

Marty Jannetty: I'm not denying you're talent, I just don't know if the timing's right. Let me get through this match with Arn Anderson tonight and maybe we'll talk, alright?

Kanyon nodded his head, smiling now that he finally had some hope. He clapped his hands together and walked away excited. Jannetty just watched and shook his head with a smile.

Reply of Faces of Fear/Nasties- 1 Minute, B- Rating

Not Done Yet

After the match, Knobbs and Saggs were playing to the crowd when Avalanche and Butcher slid into the ring. Avalanche nailed Knobbs in the back of the head, Butcher ran Saggs out of the ring. Butcher sent Knobbs into the corner and Avalanche squashed him, then watched as he fell to the mat. Butcher made sure Saggs stayed on the outside while Avalanche delivered the Avalanche Splash, landing seat first on Knobbs' chest. Faces of Fear left the ring and Saggs checked on Knobbs.

Wow, Saturday Night was pretty loaded. I'm digging the stuff with Martel having Bubba as back up, Can't wait to see what happens with those two next. Maybe Martel can start picking up big wins with Bubba in his corner? I love the screwjob ending to the US title match, As it made DDP look pretty strong, Though, I'm begging you to take the belt off of Dustin, He's just too bland, And you write very well for the Regal character. Looks like the Blonds are splitting up soon, I personally hope Austin does the turning, As he's not a interesting face right now, Though, You never know. I am glad you have Hogan thinking it was Sting who laid him out, As I thought for sure Hogan would come to his senses. However, It seems kinda obvious that Hogan will screw Sting over at Halloween Havoc. I'm also interested in seeing the stuff with Kanyon/Jannetty and Patriot/Bagwell. Keep up the good work (Y)

Monday Nitro 6- Monday, 2nd Week of October, 1995

Allow Me To Introduce Myself- 2 Minutes, B+ Rating

Nitro opened up with a young man wearing a beige trench coat and a brimmed hat like an old school detective. The bottom of his long dark locks hang out underneath the hat. In his left hand is a video tape. He approached a door with Hulk Hogan's name on it, then knocked on the door and took a step back when Hogan actually answered. Hogan looked him up and down before talking.

Hulk Hogan: Who are you?

The young man cleared his throat and answered.

Young Man: Detective Allen Russell Snow. You, kind sir, may call me Detective Snow.

Hogan wasn't quite taking Detective Snow seriously but didn't shut him out just yet.

Hulk Hogan: Is there something I can help you with?

Detective Snow: Ah yes, my reason for coming here is simple...I have come to solve a mystery.

Hulk Hogan: Of course.

Hogan nearly rolled his eyes but stopped when Snow lifted the tape up.

Detective Snow: This tape will prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that Sting could not have been the man who so foolishly attacked you!

Hogan snatched the tape and looked at Snow.

Hulk Hogan: What does it show?

Detective Snow: It clearly shows Sting arriving at the building a good 15 minutes after you were attacked! A-Ha!

Hulk Hogan: He could have left and came back.

Snow scratches the goattee on his chin.

Detective Snow: Good point...but what proof do you have to offer?

Hogan tossed the tape out into the hallway.

Hulk Hogan: Look, I don't care about any tape, I'll deal with the situation...and Sting...on my own.

Hogan slammed the door shut in Snow's face just as Snow raised his finger in the air indicating he had an idea. He put his hand down with a "Hmpff" sound, then brushed off his coat and picked up the tape, walking down the hall.

Hollywood Blondes vs. Pretty Wonderful- 10 Minutes, B- Rating

Austin locked up with Orndorff and used a go behind into a takedown, then elbowed Orndorff in the back of the head. Orndorff got back up and took a dropkick from Austin, falling into the ropes. Austin went for a back body drop but Orndorff put him into the mat with a facebuster. Orndorff ran Austin into the corner and brought in Roma, who kicked him in the ribs. Roma side suplexed Austin, but missed a crossbody off the top. Austin tagged in Pillman, who rocked Roma with right hands and put him down with a snap suplex. Pillman dropped a double knee to Roma's midsection but still couldn't get a three count. He went for a dropkick but Roma avoided it, then dropkicked Pillman, sending him into the ropes, and took him down with a drop toe hold. Roma tagged in Orndorff, who pounded away on Pillman, then used a stall suplex to let the blood rush to Pillman's hand before slamming him into the mat. Orndorff put the boots to him on the mat, then turned to Austin, who had turned around and was looking out to the crowd, trying to get them fired up. Orndorff pulled Pillman to his feet, turned him upside down, and drove him headfirst into the mat with a piledriver. Orndorff tagged out to Roma, who came off the top with a splash, then made the pin.

Winner: Pretty Wonderful

Hollywood Effect- 2 Minutes, C- Rating

Pretty Wonderful left the ring victorious and Steve Austin stepped in, checking on Pillman, even helping him to his feet. Austin put his arm around Pillman and looked to be taking care of him, but instead he clenched Pillman, intertwined their feet and drove him face first into the mat with a reverse russian leg sweep. Pillman laid lifeless while Austin smirked and slid out of the ring, running his hands through the luscious blonde hair on his head. He ignored the fans on his way to the back, not bothered by anything.

Commercial Break

Interesting Twist- 1 Minute, C+ Rating

Coming back from break, Gene Okerlund was standing with Steve Austin, who had a smile on his face by this time.

Gene Okerlund: Steve Austin, how can you explain these actions? How can you just turn your back on Brian Pillman?

Austin smirked again and looked at Gene.

Steve Austin: Is that what you think you insignificant waste of space? That I turned my back on Brian? Well, let's set the record straight. Brian Pillman turned his back on me. The very second that he accepted the TV Title match at Superbrawl, he betrayed me and he showed his loyalty was to himself, not to the Hollywood Blondes. But, me being the forgiving person I am, I gave him a second chance. I came back, I saved him, and I told him I was ready to light the tag ranks on fire. But still, all he could talk about was winning the Television Title. That's all that was on his mind. So no, I didn't turn my back on him, he turned his back on me. Brian brought this on himself.

Austin's smile was long gone and he leaved looking rather heated while Okerlund was speechless.

Martel Promo- 1 MInute, C+ Rating

Rick Martel stood in the ring, mic in hand, toying with some of the fans until he realized that the focus was now on him.

Rick Martel: Big Bubba Rogers, I applaud you. You not only beat Jim Duggan, you went the extra mile and hit him with a lead pipe....I loved it! Though I'm not sure if it had any effect on his thick skull, not much gets through that ya know. But that just means he may need a few extra knocks, I'm sure that won't be a-

Rundown- 1 Minute, C+ Rating

Martel's interrupted by Jim Duggan sliding into the ring, waving the two by four around. Martel quickly slid out the other side and hopped over the guardrail, desperately trying to avoid his pursuer. Duggan stayed in the ring, raising the two by four to the crowd and getting a huge pop. He stood on the second turnbuckle and raised it again, getting a louder pop while Martel stood watching from deep in the crowd, a look of fear in his eyes. Duggan waved the USA flag around while the show faded to commercial.

Commercial Break

Dustin Rhodes vs. Blacktop Bully- 9 Minutes, C+ Rating

Blacktop Bully attacked Rhodes before the bell rang, knocking him to the ground, then kicking him in the midsection while he was on all fours. Bully hit a fallaway slam and went for a pin but couldn't get two out of it. Bully bodyslammed Rhodes, then tried a jumping elbow but didn't connect. Rhodes stood up and rocked Bully with solid right hands, then planted him with a DDT. He got a two count but had to pull Bully to his feet and suplex him onto the top rope. Bully fell off and hit the mat, only to get an elbow from Rhodes into the center of his chest. Rhodes went up to the second turnbuckle and waited. Bully got up to his feet and Rhodes drove him into the mat with a super bulldog for the win.

Winner: Dustin Rhodes

Heart of a Champion- 2 Minutes, B+ Rating

The jumbotron lit up and Steven Regal stood there, hand behind his back, looking at Rhodes grabbing the United States championship.

Steven Regal: Congratulations, job well done. That's what I like about you Dustin, you've got the bloody heart of a champion, don't you young chap? After all, it was you that offered to defend the United States title against me. I'm not the Blacktop Bully, I'm Lord Steven Regal so if you think you had a fight tonight, you haven't seen a thing yet ole boy. I'm glad you're a fighting champion and I respect that about you Dustin, but do not get me wrong. I will still give you the thrashing of your life at Halloween Havoc. I just may feel a little sorry for you afterwards.

As quick as he appeared, he was gone and the jumbotron was off. Rhodes stood in the ring staring.

No Longer Speaking- 1 Minute, C+ Rating

Brian Pillman was walking fast down the hall, gym bag over his shoulder. Gene Okerlund chases to catch up to him and Pillman stopped for a brief second.

Gene Okerlund: Brian Pillman, your thoughts on what happened? What about what Austin had to say?

Pillman looked at Okerlund, then kept on walking, not saying a word as he exited to the parking lot and left Okerlund standing alone.

Commercial Break

Safe For Now- 1 Minute, B- Rating

Ron Simmons is in his locker room doing pushups when Kevin Sullivan walks in, Meng nowhere in sight. Simmons immediately stood up, ready to fight but Sullivan motioned for him to calm down.

Kevin Sullivan: Relax...I'm not here to fight. I'm here to tell you that tonight...you're safe.

Simmons questioned Sullivan's sincerity but Sullivan insisted.

Kevin Sullivan: It's not because I like you, I just want that World Title around the waist of my monster Meng. And if that means letting you be for a night, then that's what will happen.

Sullivan doesn't wait for any response from Simmons, instead just leaving the room.

The Avenger- 1 Minute, C- Rating

Chris Kanyon stood in the ring, mic in hand, pacing back and forth with something obviously on his mind. Without looking up and without stopping the pacing, he put the mic to his mouth.

Chris Kanyon: Last Saturday, a travesty transpired. Last Saturday, Marty Jannetty was upset by a far inferior athlete, Arn Anderson. I'm here to right that wrong. Double A, Arn Anderson, Enforcer, whatever you want to be called, I want you out here. I'll show you what happens when you mess with Marty Jannetty!

Kanyon stood in the ring while everyone in the arena wondered if he was actually serious. They stopped wondering when they heard the music of Arn Anderson and saw him make his way to the ring.

Arn Anderson vs. Chris Kanyon- 9 Minutes, B- Rating

Anderson slid into the ring and went right at Kanyon, who ducked a left hand from Arn and kicked him in the midsection. Kanyon with a reverse suplex, then bounced off the ropes and dropped a leg over Anderson's neck. Kanyon went for the cover but only got two. Anderson got back to his feet and Kanyon rocked him with forearms, then took him down with a swinging DDT. Kanyon stood Arn back up and sent him into the corner. Kanyon charged and Anderson moved out of the way, Kanyon running head first into the corner. Anderson waited for Kanyon to spin around, then rocked him with left hands followed by a hanging vertical suplex. Anderson dominated from that point and ended it with a spinebuster followed by an implant DDT for the win.

Winner: Arn Anderson

Commercial Break

Be Careful What You Wish For- 6 Minutes, A- Rating

The crowd showed their beliefs when they erupted for Sting and he made his way down to the ring, demanding a microphone and getting it.

Sting: Here I stand, number one contender to the World Title. I should be happy, right? I should be. But this isn't how I wanted to win the match. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing I want more than to get my hands on Big Van Vader and take the World Title from around his waist...and big man, I am coming for you at Halloween Havoc, but first, I've got to settle this thing with you Hulk.

Sting looked right into the camera now.

Sting: We've known each other for a while Hogan and I thought by now, you'd know what kind of guy I am. But I guess I was wrong. You're right, all signs point to me and I don't have any proof to back me up, all I have is my word. That's why, right now, I'm calling you out here so you can look into my eyes and hopefully, we can get past this and find the coward who did the deed.

Sting looked towards the entranceway but nothing happened.

Sting: C'mon Hulk, c'mon out.

Finally, Hogan's music hit and he came out to a thunderous ovation, stopping on the rampway with a serious look on his face. He looked around the crowd, then looked at Sting but before he could start towards the ring, he got ran over from behind by a masked man with a solid build and a steel chair. The man continued to drive the chair into Hogan until he saw Sting halfway up the aisle and sprinting. He dropped the chair and hopped over the guardrail. Sting didn't bother following, going right up to Hogan and checking on him. Sting stood and looked out to the crowd, but went back to checking on Hogan until the medics were able to come and slowly load Hogan onto a stretcher, being careful of his neck.

Commercial Break

Vader vs. Ron Simmons- 12 Minutes, A Rating

Vader and Simmons stood toe to toe, Simmons not backing down from the champ. Vader shoved him and Simmons stumbled back into the ropes but came back with a shove of his own and actually moved Vader! Vader responded with a clublike forearm, then grabbed Simmons and backed him into the corner, quickly working him over with body blows. Vader sent Simmons to the opposite corner and followed him in, lifting Simmons into the air with a powerful clothesline. Vader picked Simmons up, held him sideways, and fell straight forward with a powerslam. He went for the pin but Simmons was able to power out and avoid the three. Vader picked Simmons up to his feet but Simmons responded with right hands that rocked Vader backwards, then went for a clothesline and barely moved him. Simmons with another and moved Vader a little more. Simmons with a third clothesline and finally knocked Vader to the mat. Simmons watched Vader get back to his feet, picked him up, and drove him to the mat with a spinebuster that got the entire arena up on their feet. Simmons couldn't get the three but stood up and called for the Dominator. Vader got to his feet but Simmons couldn't get him up for the Dominator. He tried again but still couldn't. Vader ended up lifting Simmons up into the air and driving him to the mat with a powerbomb. He dragged Simmons over to the corner and delivered the Vaderbomb from the second turnbuckle for the win.

Winner: Vader

Overall Rating of a B+

Attendance of 2,000 w/1,282,420 Viewers

Hmmmm, For some reason, I could see Hogan's attacker end up being Randy Savage maybe? If I remember right, Savage is out of action right now, It could be him. I am looking forward to seeing Hogan think Sting had something to do with the attack though. Vader looked strong here, As did Simmons. I'd love to see them fight again. Martel versus Duggan will be ugly, But as long as Martel goes over, I got no problem with that match. Austin's turn went off well, And looks like Pillman might be snapping? Well, It's better than the "smiling Californian" Pillman from '95. Al Snow with a detective gimmick? I would have liked to just see Snow as a normal wrestler, But if he gets over, Then more power to you. Poor Kanyon, He got his ass kicked, But atleast Jannetty might end up being grateful to the kid. Looking forward to seeing what's gonna happen on Saturday Night. (Y)

Although I've been silent, I HAVE been reading.

The direction, I like. Your choices for pushes, and who's going over at this point .... minimal greivences.

I simply love the fact that you are getting use out of guys while you still can (Janetty, Martel for example).

War Games went over well, although I do feel that the heels should have taken the main event.

Overall, good job, I'm still very interested. I REALLY love Johnny B at the moment. Great job with him.

Saturday Night 6- Saturday, Second Week of October, 1995

The Silent Assassin- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

Terry Taylor sat behind his desk, looking over some paperwork. The door opened and Brian Pillman stepped into the room, shutting the door behind him but not moving, just standing there, staring at Taylor. Taylor looks around, a little perturbed by the way Pillman's acting, but tried to figure him out anyway.

Terry Taylor: What can I do for ya Bri?

Nothing came out of Pillman's mouth, just more of the staring contest.

Terry Taylor: I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you want Steve Austin, right?

No type of reaction from Pillman, but you know that's got to be it.

Terry Taylor: I know you want Austin and believe me, there's nothing more I'd like to do than make the match happen but I can't tonight.

Pillman slammed his hand down on the desk of Terry Taylor, then leaned over the desk closer to Taylor's face but still didn't say a word.

Terry Taylor: Soon, it'll happen very very soon, I promise.

Pillman stood back up and left the office, seemingly satisfied with the answer. As soon as the door was shut, Taylor looked at it and commented on Pillman's silence.

Terry Taylor: What, no goodbye?

Taylor shook his head and went back to the paperwork.

Meng vs. Craig Pittman- 6 Minutes, C Rating

Craig Pittman came out military style and got a little more reaction this time, especially when he got in Meng's face and started putting the drill instructor routine to him. Unfortunately for him, Meng's not a recruit and Meng headbutted him three times in a row before chopping him in the throat. While Pittman was coughing from that, Meng lifted him into the air and slammed him with a front falling slam, then dropped another headbutt to Pittman's forehead. After toying with Pittman and even hanging him in the tree of woe ala Kevin Sullivan, Meng mercifully ended it with the tongan death grip.

Winner: Meng

Simmons Promo- 2 Minutes, B- Rating

Ron Simmons had been watching the whole thing on a monitor backstage and, judging by the look in his eyes, was impressed with what he saw. Of course, when he turned to the cameras, we got to know exactly what was on his mind.

Ron Simmons: Meng's a monster, I'll give him that. He's a beast who just goes and goes and goes until you can't take it anymore, then he goes a little bit more and finishes you off. It's scary how ruthless he is, but Meng is not indestructable. Meng can be beat and he knows I'm the one that can do it. Look at me, I'm not a monster but I am one of the finest athletes to ever live. My physique is impeccable and my athletic abilities are beyond words. And that's how you beat Meng. You don't try to out-monster him, you just show him who the better athlete is, who the better wrestler is. And in that category, I'm un-matched. As far as that little runt Kevin Sullivan goes, he just better make sure he knows his place is on the outside and not anywhere near me, or he might become victim number two at Halloween Havoc.

Simmons stepped off into the hallway.

Sullivan Challenge- 1 Minute, C Rating

As soon as Simmons stepped away, Kevin Sullivan was on the screen, pretty much forcing Gene Okerlund to interview him.

Gene Okerlund: Kevin Sullivan, you obviously have something to say...

Kevin Sullivan: Was that the fictitious athlete Ron Simmons that I saw on my screen talking to Meng like he's just another wrestler? Well Ron Simmons, I have a little challenge for you. Since your match with Meng is one on one at Halloween Havoc, I figure I should get my shots in beforehand so I'm not tempted to destroy you myself at Havoc. So Monday night on Nitro, it's going to be me and you going one on one.

Sullivan turned to Meng and got rid of all our worries.

Kevin Sullivan: But don't worry Meng, I'll make sure to save you some.

Sullivan walked off with Meng, Sullivan laughing maniacally.

Commercial Break

Steven Regal vs. Alex Wright- 8 Minutes, C Rating

Alex Wright offered to shake Regal's hand before the match, but the Englishman just looked at him as if he should be locked up, then proceeded to pummel him in the head with forearms until he was able to throw him between the ropes to the outside. Wright shook it off and slid back in, only to get the same treatment. Finally, he slid in again and ducked the oncoming assault, then rocked Regal with european uppercuts and a dropkick that landed Regal against the ropes. Wright went for a crossbody that woulda knocked Regal out of the ring, but Regal dropped down and pulled the top rope and Wright went out on his own. Regal helped him back in the ring, only to finish him off with a butterfly suplex and the Regal Stretch.

Faces of Fear Interview- 1 Minute, C Rating

"Mean" Gene Okerlund stood by with the Faces of Fear.

Gene Okerlund: Butcher, Avalanche, you've had an ongoing battle with the Nasty Boys and it's now known that you are getting the tag title shot at Halloween Havoc, how do you plan on taking the titles from them?

Avalanche: That's easy Okerlund. We're going to pulverize them like we pulverize everyone else.

Gene Okerlund: Well, knowing them, they'll fight to their death to keep the belts...

Avalanche: Then we'll just have to fight them to their deaths.

Avalanche made some sort of loud grunting sound that caught Okerlund off guard, then stormed off to the ring.

Commercial Break

Faces of Fear vs. Mark Davis/Julio Sanchez- 7 Minutes, C- Rating

Mark Davis locked up with Butcher and held his own, connecting with some right hands and even a bodyslam but missed the consequential kneedrop. Butcher went to work with kneebreakers and shoulders into the back of Davis' knee. Butcher brought in Avalanche, who watched as Davis tagged in the much smaller, but quicker, Julio Sanchez. Sanchez ducked under a clothesline from Avalanche but walked right into a sidewalk slam. After that, all it took was an Avalanche splash for the win.

Winner: Faces of Fear

Nasty Challenge- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

The jumbotron lit up while Faces of Fear were still in the ring and there stood the tag team champions, belts in hands.

Brian Knobbs: Hey numbnuts, if you can focus for just a second, we got a little challenge for ya.

Avalanche and Butcher heard the voice but it took them a second to turn towards the screen and see the Nasties.

Brian Knobbs: There ya go, I knew ya could do it. Now listen up. Since we have this whole tag title match coming up at Halloween Havoc, we think it's only fair to give the fans a little preview...

The fans, of course, cheer this notion.

Brian Knobbs: So we were thinking that next week, right here on Saturday Night, me, Saggs, and you two go one on one in a couple-a-matches. If you're up for getting embarassed that is.

Avalanche and Butcher agree to the match, nodding their head, and yelling threats to the Nasty Boys who probably can't hear them.

Brian Knobbs: That's a yes? Good. Because next week, things are gonna get real nasty!

As quick as they came, the jumbotron's off and the Nasties are gone.

Commercial Break

Austin Wants His- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

Back to the executive suite, Terry Taylor was hard at work when the door burst open again, this time though it was the other half of the Hollywood Blondes, "Stunning" Steve Austin. Taylor looked up and put his pen down, then leaned back in his chair and looked at Austin.

Terry Taylor: Yes Steve?

Austin pulled out a chair and took a seat.

"Stunning" Steve Austin: I'll make this quick and easy. As far as I'm concerned, there's nobody else who even deserves to be considered for the Television Title shot at Halloween Havoc. If Pillman hadn't been screwing me over, I'd be champion by now and it'd be the most coveted belt in the company. So why don't you make that match official...

Taylor smiled at the confidence emulating from Steve Austin, even leaned forward a little bit before answering.

Terry Taylor: I'll think about it.

Obviously not the answer Austin wanted. Austin's eyes furrowed but before he could say anything, Taylor followed up.

Terry Taylor: And I'll recommend you leave before you do something you'll end up regretting.

Austin stared for a second longer, then stood up and stormed out. Taylor just leaned back and shook his head.

Marcus Bagwell vs. Dave Finlay- 8 Minutes, C Rating

Dave Finlay continued to win some fans over with his vicious open hand chest slaps and his ruthless aggression, sending Bagwell face first into the corner so hard that Bagwell slammed to the mat upon impact. He went for a piledriver, but Bagwell kicked his legs furiously and was able to create enough momentum to slither out and then drove Finlay to the mat with a bulldog. Bagwell took over from there, ending the match with his off the top rope neckbreaker, the blockbuster.

Winner: Marcus Bagwell

Commercial Break

Johnny B. Badd Wants Something New- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

Back from commercial, Terry Taylor's back at work until he hears two knocks. Fed up, he stands up and shouts for them to come in. Sporting the Television title, Johnny B. Badd gladly does just that but before he can say a word, Terry Taylor erupts.

Terry Taylor: Oh, let me guess. You want a special match too, right? You want Austin, you want Pillman, you want somebody else, blah blah blah. You're all the same and you're all driving me nuts. You're the Television champion, that means you defend the belt against whoever I choose, whenever I choose, got it? Now I'll have an announcement later tonight regarding your match at Halloween Havoc. You may or may not like it, I don't know or care. You're going to deal with it.

Taylor stops and calms down, taking a deep breath and collecting himself, then very calmly looked at Badd, who had a look of shock on his face.

Terry Taylor: Now....is there anything else you'd like to discuss?

Badd just backed out of the room and left Taylor to his work.

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Bobby Eaton- 8 Minutes, C Rating

Page started off strong, using his unique brawling ability to keep Eaton from getting any offense but after a flying clothesline, he only got a two count. Then Eaton took him down with a drop toe hold and went to work on Page's knee, using his leg to stretch Page's knee and even dropping a knee into Page's knee, but Page fought on, showing resiliency. On one leg, he managed a spinning suplex and then waited for Eaton to get to his feet. Page hit the Diamond Cutter and rolled over on top of Eaton for the three.

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page

Commercial Break

Replay of Sting/Hogan segment- 4 Minutes, A- Rating

Sting looked right into the camera now.

Sting: We've known each other for a while Hogan and I thought by now, you'd know what kind of guy I am. But I guess I was wrong. You're right, all signs point to me and I don't have any proof to back me up, all I have is my word. That's why, right now, I'm calling you out here so you can look into my eyes and hopefully, we can get past this and find the coward who did the deed.

Sting looked towards the entranceway but nothing happened.

Sting: C'mon Hulk, c'mon out.

Finally, Hogan's music hit and he came out to a thunderous ovation, stopping on the rampway with a serious look on his face. He looked around the crowd, then looked at Sting but before he could start towards the ring, he got ran over from behind by a masked man with a solid build and a steel chair. The man continued to drive the chair into Hogan until he saw Sting halfway up the aisle and sprinting. He dropped the chair and hopped over the guardrail. Sting didn't bother following, going right up to Hogan and checking on him. Sting stood and looked out to the crowd, but went back to checking on Hogan until the medics were able to come and slowly load Hogan onto a stretcher, being careful of his neck.

Hogan and Sting versus Anderson and Vader should be a big main event for Nitro. I can't wait to see what will happen, Especially since Anderson and Vader have been having their problems, As well as Hogan and Sting. I also can't wait to find out who laid out Hogan. Badd/Pillman/Austin should be stellar, And I'm hoping Badd retains the title, As Pillman and Austin don't need to fight over a title for their rivalry to have heat. Detective Snow looks like he'll be getting alot of TV time, Hopefully, Snow will get some matches soon. Looking forward to Nitro and Halloween Havoc. (Y)

Nitro 7- Monday, Third Week of October, 1995

Banned- 1 Minute, C+ Rating

Nitro opened up with President Terry Taylor standing in front of a WCW backdrop in the back. He waited for the crowd to quiet down before opening his mouth.

Terry Taylor: Tonight, we are scheduled to see Ron Simmons take on Kevin Sullivan, one on one. I'm here to make sure it stays one on one. That's why, in tonight's match, Meng is banned from ringside! And if Meng does decide to show his face, not only will he forfeit the match at Halloween Havoc, but he'll be suspended indefinately!

The crowd applauded the decision and the scene faded.

Detective Snow With Info- 2 Minutes, C Rating

The Nasty Boys were walking backstage, headed towards their locker room when they were stopped by Detective Snow, who held up his business card, which Brian Knobbs snatched out of his hand.

Brian Knobbs: What's this?

Saggs looked at the card, then at Snow.

Jerry Saggs: Detective? Look, we didn't know it was illegal...

Snow rolled his eyes.

Detective Snow: No, this is about the Faces of Fear and the plot that I have uncovered.

Brian Knobbs: What plot?

Snow handed Knobbs another card, pointing to a certain spot on the card. Knobbs read it to Saggs.

Brian Knobbs: Detective services for a small fee.

Jerry Saggs: How much?

Detective Snow turned the card over and pointed to something on the back. Saggs and Knobbs both read it, then Saggs pulled out some money and gave it to Snow.

Detective Snow: Good, now...where shall we talk?

Snow stepped into the Nasty Boys locker room, they followed right behind.

Jim Duggan vs. Rick Martel in a Flag Match- 9 Minutes, B- Rating

Rick Martel was representing Canada and attacked Duggan as soon as he came through the ropes, throwing him to the ground and putting the boots to him. Duggan was able to fight back to his feet and clotheslined Martel over the top rope, then raised his arms to the crowd and gave the big hoooooo! Martel crawled back in the ring, ducking a right hand from Duggan, and kicked Duggan in the back of the knee, followed by a running knee to his face. Martel tried turning Duggan over for the boston crab, but Duggan extended his legs and sent Martel flying into the corner. Duggan charged, but ate boots for dinner and stumbled back. Martel followed it up with a bulldog, then started the climb to his flag. Duggan pulled him down, then sent Martel into the ropes, taking him down with a clothesline. Martel got back up and took another clothesline. Finally, Duggan got down in the three point stance and made sure the third clothesline did the trick. He followed that with a knee to the forehead of Martel, then managed to make the climb to the top turnbuckle and grab the United States flag for the win.

Commercial Break

Wrong Agenda- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

Backstage, Gene Okerlund's standing by with the man who just lost his match, Rick Martel. Martel doesn't have the Canadian flag with him, but he does look frustrated.

Gene Okerlund: Rick Martel, you just lost a flag-

Rick Martel: A flag match, yea, whatever. You think I care about that? This was never about countries or the pride we take in them. My problem with Duggan isn't that he loves the United States, it's that he tried to steal my spotlight. I was cruising right along, making my mark in World Championship Wrestling, then Jim Duggan, who should be retired and in a home by now, came back. I knew that with him back, he'd go right to the top, he'd steal my spotlight and take my place. I can't let that happen. So now, I have to get rid of Duggan. I don't care about a stinkin' flag match Duggan, I want you in a real match. And I want it at Halloween Havoc.

Martel didn't give Okerlund a chance to answer any more question, instead just walking away.

Steven Regal vs. Marty Jannetty- 8 Minutes, C+ Rating

Marty Jannetty took Regal down right away with consecutive armdrags, then held the armdrag for an armbar. Jannetty twisted away at the arm, Regal refusing to give it up, then Regal was able to pull Jannetty in for a side suplex. Jannetty got back to his feet quickly and took Regal down with a drop toe hold. Regal reached out and grabbed Jannetty's leg when he went for a legdrop, then rolled him into an ankle lock, but Jannetty was close enough to reach the ropes and did. Jannetty got sent into the ropes, ducked a clothesline, and went for a flying clothesline of his own. Regal took the blow and stumbled back into the ropes. Jannetty tried to dropkick him over, but Regal avoided the dropkick and wrapped Jannetty up into a cloverleaf. Jannetty scrambled to the bottom rope and again, Regal had to break the hold. Regal bodyslammed Jannetty, then waited for him to get to his feet. He used a tiger suplex to set up the Regal Stretch and emerged with the win.

Post Match- 2 Minutes, B+ Rating

After the match, Regal notices that Dustin Rhodes was watching from the stage the whole time. Regal sits on the middle rope, pushing it down while holding up the top rope and invites Rhodes to come join him in the ring. Rhodes shakes his head, smiles, and walks away patting the United States title. Regal watches him the entire way.

Commercial Break

Reversal- 3 Minutes, C Rating

In the back, Brian Knobbs tells Jerry Saggs that he's going to take a leak and he'll catch up in a minute. Saggs walks off while Knobbs heads to the bathroom. The camera looks around the corner where Avalanche and Butcher are hiding. Avalanche heads into the bathroom and the Butcher stands in front of the bathroom door, keeping guard. A lot of banging can be heard inside the bathroom and a huge smile appears on the face of Butcher. Finally, the door opened up and there stood Brian Knobbs. Butcher turned and saw him, then quickly started backing up but ended up backing right into Jerry Saggs. Butcher turned, saw Saggs, but couldn't get out of the way of a broomstick that broke over the top of his head. Saggs asked Knobbs how it went and he looked back towards the bathroom. Nasty Girl Sherri came out of the bathroom holding a container of mase. She threw it to the ground, laughed, and said everything worked out Nasty.

Hogan Promo- 2 Minutes, A Rating

Gene Okerlund had Hulk Hogan ready for an interview backstage.

Gene Okerlund: Hulk Hogan, tonight you team up with the man you've accused of attacking you, Sting. How can this possibly work out?

Hulk Hogan: Ya know something Mean Gene, it might not work out. I might get in that ring and I might remember the attacks, what the Stinger did to me and to all these Hulkamaniacs. I might remember that and I might want revenge.

Gene Okerlund: It's a big match against two top notch opponents. Isn't getting the win more important right now?

Hulk Hogan: Well brother, it is an important match and I'm professional enough to put my beef with Sting on the backburner and focus just on the match tonight. But if Sting thinks he can set me up, he's got another thing coming. I'm watching my back tonight Sting, count on that. And as far as Big Vader goes, he's been avoiding Hulk Hogan for a long time now. He knows about these 24" pythons and what they can do. But whatcha gonna do Big Vader, when Hulkamania gets you in that ring tonight and runs wild...on you?

Gene Okerlund: There ya have it ladies and gentleman, the immortal Hulk Hogan. He means business and that means trouble for everyone involved.

Hogan posed for the camera while Gene tossed it to the break.

Commercial Break

Ron Simmons vs. Kevin Sullivan- 9 Minutes, B Rating

With Meng banned from ringside, Kevin Sullivan didn't seem so confident. That's why he met Simmons halfway up the aisle and took the fight right to him, running him into guardrails and banging his head off the ringpost. Sullivan grabbed a steel chair and tried to sandwich Simmons' skull between the chair and the steel pole, but Simmons luckily moved. Simmons picked up the chair when Sullivan dropped it and jabbed it into Sullivan's midsection before slamming it into his back and rolling Sullivan into the ring. Simmons rolled in, picking Sullivan up and tossing him into the corner where he delivered shoulderblock after shoulderblock. Sullivan fell out of the corner, stumbling all over the place and Simmons put him up on his shoulder and delivered the running powerslam. Simmons didn't go for the pin there, instead opting to wait and finish him off with the Dominator. That's exactly what he did to pick up the win.

Winner: Ron Simmons

Austin Promo- 1 Minute, B- Rating

In the back, Steve Austin stood, a smile on his face.

Steve Austin: You're probably wondering why I'm happy, right? It should be obvious, but I know some of you...excuse me...most of you, are kinda slow so I'll explain. Not only did I rid myself of that pest, Brian Pillman, but I managed to get a Television Title shot in the process. Admit it, you'd be happy too. I know what some of you are thinking, aren't I worried about Pillman? Who'd worry about Pillman? You've seen him, haven't you? He can't even speak anymore. He's one step past the short bus, if you catch my drift. Worried? Please. I'm just trying to decide which jeweler to use to clean my newly won Television Title. Decisions, decisions. Tough.

Austin laughed to himself while the scene faded.

Still Silent- 1 Minute, C+ Rating

On the flipside of things, the scene faded to Brian Pillman watching the promo on a monitor. The expression on Pillman's face was blank and he just stared at the screen, watching Austin laugh to himself. Pillman didn't even turn off the monitor when he walked away, having still not said a word.

Commercial Break

Sting/Hogan vs. Vader/Arn Anderson- 12 Minutes, A* Rating

Hogan warned Sting before the match, but once it started, there was little communication. Hogan started off against Vader, absorbing Vader's brawling offense, then firing back with his own strength. He had Vader in the corner, but Arn distracted the referee and Harley Race was able to poke Hogan in the eye. From there, Vader slammed him to the mat and landed a big splash. He only got a two count on the pin, so he backed Hogan into the corner, then charged in for a massive clothesline. Hogan moved out of the way, then bodyslammed the big man when he stumbled out of the corner. That got a huge ovation, but Hogan hurt his back in the process. He started towards the corner and, to his surprise, Sting made the clean tag and came in. Vader made the tag at the same time so Arn met Sting in the middle of the ring. Sting blocked a right hand from Arn and fought him off with chops and kicks. After a couple suplexes, Arn fell back into the corner. Sting went for the stingers splash, but Arn moved out of the way and Sting went halfway over the top turnbuckle. Vader reached over and made sure he went all the way over, tumbling to the outside. That's where Harley and Vader went to work, stomping Sting out until Hogan came for the save. Sting slid into the ring, barely able to stand. Arn went to work on his midsection, using his left hands and knees, along with shoulders in the corner. Arn whipped Sting into the ropes for a spinebuster, but Sting came off with a flying clothesline that knocked Arn down. Sting made the tag to Hogan, then rolled to the outside. Vader took advantage, dropping down to the floor and ignoring the incoming tag from Arn. Vader went right for Sting, sending him into the guardrail, then picked him up and slammed him to the floor. In the ring, Hogan sent Arn into the ropes, then knocked him down with the big boot. While Hogan went for the big leg drop, Sting and Vader were fighting up the aisle. Or rather, Vader was dragging Sting up the aisle and had him near the rampway. Hogan hit the legdrop and Randy Anderson was there to make the three count. Vader sent Sting through the curtains to the back and followed him with Harley Race close behind. Hogan got his hand raised in the ring.

Winner: Sting/Hogan

Attacked- 2 Minutes, A Rating

Hogan stood with his hand raised and Arn rolled out of the ring. On the back of the screen, the crowd parted and a man in all black made his way through, hopping the guardrail. Without Hogan seeing him, he rolled into the ring and hammered Hogan in the back. Hogan bounced off the ropes right into a piledriver from the masked man. He stood Hogan up and drove him into the mat with another piledriver, Hogan's head slamming into the mat for the second time. The man left Hogan on the mat, but sat him up, slapping him in the face, then moved around and stood in front of him.

Oooh Yeaaaa- 1 Minute, A Rating

He slapped Hogan again in the face, pulling back on Hogan's hair, probably saying something to him. Finally, the man reached for his mask and pulled it off. His long black hair flowed out and ran into his black beard. Randy Savage stood in front of Hulk Hogan, a look of hatred on his face as he shouted to Hogan. Again, he slapped Hogan, then spat in his face as Nitro came to an end.

Overall Rating of A

Attendance of 4,500 w/ 1,364,328 viewers

Glad to see I was right on Savage being the one who attacked Hogan. While I am not looking forward to seeing them going at it, It should be a big match for next month's PPV. This was solid hype for Halloween Havoc, And I'm glad to see Martel get another match with Duggan. Detective Snow sure is getting some TV time, I'm interested in seeing him actually wrestle. Keep up the good work, Looking forward to Saturday Night and then Halloween Havoc. (Y)

Halloween Havoc is shaping up nicely ... and at least for me, should clear up some questions about how certain characters are going to move forward. I'd love to see Martel go over and get a decent mid-level push (tv title, run at US perhaps)

As I've stated before, I LOVE AA/Vader .... but it seems to me, that they just aren't being pushed enough. 'High profile' (as I call them) losses or losing situations aren't good for main heels ... the last PPV, and now this last Nitro as Halloween Havoc nears ..... To me, it just seems as though it is some "opposite" booking in terms of face/heel .....

All in all, I'm continuing to enjoy

• 1 month later...

Saturday Night 7- Saturday, Third Week of October, 1995

A Fair Request- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

WCW President Terry Taylor was just entering the building, shaking hands with some of the employees as he made his way towards his office for the night. Johnny B. Badd came up to him and stopped him from going any further. Taylor looked at Badd, half rolled his eyes, then extended his hand. Badd looked at the hand, but ignored it and got right to the point.

Johnny B. Badd: I’ve got a problem…and by I, I mean we.

Terry Taylor: We do?

Johnny B. Badd: We do.

Terry Taylor: And what might that be?

Johnny B. Badd: Well…I’m bored.

Taylor wasn’t sure if Badd was serious or not, but tried to help out anyway.

Terry Taylor: Have you tried solitaire?

Johnny B. Badd: No…I’m not bored right now, I’m bored with facing the same guys over and over. Now that you’ve gone and made this little triple threat match at Halloween Havoc, I’m stucking facing Brian Pillman and Steve Austin again. Something’s gotta change.

Terry Taylor: They are the top contenders and, to be fair, you haven’t really beaten either of them decisively.

Johnny B. Badd: What are you trying to say?

Badd pointed to the Television title.

Johnny B. Badd: I’m a Baaaaaddddddd man Terry Taylor…besides, a win is a win.

Taylor’s not sure how to respond, but thankfully, Badd’s not done yet.

Johnny B. Badd: Now I’ve saved you the trouble of finding a new opponent, I’ve had my crew research everyone in WCW and they came up with a great challenger…Julio Sanchez.

Terry Taylor: Julio Sanchez? Has he even won a match yet?

Johnny B. Badd: He’s due!

Taylor shook his head, the frustration growing.

Terry Taylor: The triple threat’s still on and that’s all there is to it.

Taylor excused himself and, even though Badd tried to grab him, Taylor pushed on, happy with his final decision.

Avalanche vs. Brian Knobbs- 10 Minutes, B- Rating

Avalanche slowly stepped into the ring and absorbed a handful of right hands, then shoved Knobbs to the ground. Knobbs got back up but walked right into a sidewalk slam. Av pulled Knobbs to his feet and hooked him in a belly to belly suplex, Knobbs getting up afterwards and stumbling into the corner. Av charged with a clothesline, but Knobbs ran an elbow into the face of Av, then rammed him with another. Av stumbled towards the middle of the ring and Knobbs came running out, nearly taking Av down with a clothesline. A second one did take Av off his feet, but Knobbs couldn't get the three count. He stomped Av a couple of times, then dropped the elbow to the chest of Av and went for a pin again, still not getting the three. Knobbs pulled Av to his feet and prepared for a vertical suplex. He couldn't get Av into the air and Avalanche turned it into a modified powerslam. That set up the Avalanche Splash for the win.

Winner: Avalanche

Commercial Break

Meng Promo- 1 Minute, B- Rating

Kevin Sullivan stood backstage with Meng.

Kevin Sullivan: Destruction. Some people think of destruction as a bad thing, the breaking down of all that is good. Destruction is something we strive for. We appreciate what destruction really is. Destruction is finding out what force is the most powerful. Destruction is weeding out the weak links. Destruction is simply what we do. Ron Simmons, you're on the eve of your own, personal destruction.

Sullivan starts his maniacal laugh and Meng turns to headbutt the wall, putting his head straight through. Sullivan just laughed harder.

Jerry Saggs vs. The Butcher- 10 Minutes, C Rating

Butcher stared down Nasty Girl Sherri as he stepped into the ring, but that left him open for the attack from Saggs. Saggs stomped him down in the corner, then pulled Butcher to his feet. Butcher stopped him with an eyejam, then an inverted atomic drop. Butcher's offense was pretty basic, but he kept the advantage until Sherri caught his eye again and again, he looked out to her. Saggs used a lowblow that actually got a pop from the crowd, then placed him on the mat with a bodyslam. Saggs came off the second turnbuckle with an elbow drop to the chest and got the win.

Winner: Jerry Saggs

Badd Allignment #1- 1 Minute, C+ Rating

Johnny B. Badd was walking down the hallway by himself, his hand non-challantly rubbing the television title around his waist. He approached the door belonging to Brian Pillman and knocked once before opening it and just walking in. Pillman stood up and stared at Badd, ready for a fight.

Johnny B. Badd: Whoa there slugger, calm down. I'm just here on business.

Pillman didn't say a word and didn't change the expression on his face.

Johnny B. Badd: Talkative, aren't ya? That's alright, I'll do the talking.

Pillman certainly didn't object.

Johnny B. Badd: Look, I figure we've got a similar agenda tomorrow. We both need to get rid of Steve Austin. If we work together, get rid of him, then me and you can go one on one. Sounds good?

Still no change at all from Pillman.

Johnny B. Badd: Alright then....I know you got a match and all....I'll just uh....yea.

Badd goes to pat Pillman on the back, but the look from Pillman stopped him. Badd just pulled his hand back and left.

Commercial Break

Brian Pillman vs. Dave Finlay- 9 Minutes, C- Rating

After the break, Pillman was already in the ring along with Dave Finlay. The lockup led to Finlay raising a knee to Pillman's midsection, then lifted him into a gutbuster. Finlay dropped a knee to the midsection of Pillman, then pulled him up to his feet. Finlay went for a back body drop but Pillman turned his body in mid-air and ended up dropkicking Finlay, knocking him into the ropes. Pillman took him down with a head scissors, then drove him head first into the mat with a bulldog. Pillman stepped outside the ring and hit the Air Pillman for the win.

Winner: Brian Pillman

Flying Solo- 1 Minute, C Rating

Paul Orndorff came into the picture, patting Paul Roma on the back with a smile.

Paul Orndorff: You ready to go take care of business?

Roma nodded his head, then started to walk out of the room. Orndorff walked with him until Roma stopped and turned to the elder Paul.

Paul Roma: Relax...I don't need any help with this guy.

Orndorff asked him if he was sure, Roma said he was, patted Orndorff on the back, and went about his business.

Commercial Break

Dean Malenko vs. Paul Roma- 9 Minutes, C+ Rating

Malenko offered to shake Roma's hand, but Roma slapped him instead, then posed for the cameras. Malenko responded with a takedown, then rolled it into a half nelson on the mat. Malenko released the half nelson and stood up, german suplexing Roma. Roma took Malenko's ground attack, then countered a suplex with a floatover, then a right hand to the back of the head. Roma dropkicked Malenko in the back, then drove him into the mat with a drop toe hold. Roma went for a legdrop to the back of the head but missed and soon fell victim to the Texas Cloverleaf.

Duggan-Martel Replay- 5 Minutes, C+ Rating

End of Jim Duggan vs. Rick Martel in a Flag Match- 9 Minutes, B- Rating

Duggan charged, but ate boots for dinner and stumbled back. Martel followed it up with a bulldog, then started the climb to his flag. Duggan pulled him down, then sent Martel into the ropes, taking him down with a clothesline. Martel got back up and took another clothesline. Finally, Duggan got down in the three point stance and made sure the third clothesline did the trick. He followed that with a knee to the forehead of Martel, then managed to make the climb to the top turnbuckle and grab the United States flag for the win.

Wrong Agenda- 2 Minutes, C+ Rating

Backstage after a commercial break, Gene Okerlund's standing by with the man who just lost his match, Rick Martel. Martel doesn't have the Canadian flag with him, but he does look frustrated.

Gene Okerlund: Rick Martel, you just lost a flag-

Rick Martel: A flag match, yea, whatever. You think I care about that? This was never about countries or the pride we take in them. My problem with Duggan isn't that he loves the United States, it's that he tried to steal my spotlight. I was cruising right along, making my mark in World Championship Wrestling, then Jim Duggan, who should be retired and in a home by now, came back. I knew that with him back, he'd go right to the top, he'd steal my spotlight and take my place. I can't let that happen. So now, I have to get rid of Duggan. I don't care about a stinkin' flag match Duggan, I want you in a real match. And I want it at Halloween Havoc.

Martel didn't give Okerlund a chance to answer any more question, instead just walking away.