Quick Battle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though you guys are still waiting on the fourth entry, I have to say this:

dawson, that's absolutely beautiful. Excellent poster dude, looks extremily professional :)

Guest Jorden Vandal

ons2.jpg

I'm a bit late for the deadline, but this was just for fun so hopefully it won't matter. This is pretty crappy in my opinion and I won't give excuses but I hope to get back 'into' making stuff eventually as this was a first try in a while.

Goodluck everyone, you all did well.

Guest thederekeffect1

Well, you all had decent entries, but alldawson's was amazing. I mean, it looks like something that ECW would actually use.

Cole, I didn't like the colors you chose that much. Something about those colors just instantly turned me off.

Dochappy, The Rob Van Damn cut seemed a little out of place compared to the rest of the poster. Also, working on your fading effects wouldn't hurt. Otherwise, good attempt.

Jordan, nice attempt. I sort of liked the blood effect on the bottom where it says "someone is going to bleed". There's something about the cuts that turned me off though. They look sort of stretched out.

My vote goes to alldawson. I couldn't even find anything to nitpick at on his, heh.

Edited by thederekeffect1

I've gotta go with AD

The biggest reason, is that his looks like an actual poster, not a gfx

I'm with Dereck on the color thing with yours Cole. I too was just kinda turned away.

Doc - I can see how you were trying to use the RVD cut to equal the action with the sledge over HHH's shoulder, but the rhyno cut smack in the middle of them took away from the 'main' portion of the poster. I was paying attention to rhyno's head rather than the two main eventers.

jordan - I like the hhh cut, but it seems to 'clean' for this type of promo. the rvd cut seems funky. I do like the simplicity though.

AD gets my vote

AD gets my vote, just ahead of Cole. It looks so professional, and I honestly wouldn't change a thing about it.

Dochappy, I'm not sure what it is, but the effect on Triple H puts me off. Also, the blending of the RVD shot and the guy in the middle (I wanna say Sabu? Or is it Rhino?) looks really out of place. Plus, I'm not digging the picture of RVD used.

Cole, yours was a close second. The ECW logo could've done with a stroke or an outer glow, and I'm not digging the font used on June 11, 2006. Other than that I think it would've been good enough to win most battles.

Jorden, the way you've stretched RVD is really... ugh. Also, the ECW logo is practically invisible.

So yeah, AD for teh win.

first to 5 is fine with me . and yeah its sabu in the middle . I had some kickass ideas for this battle but most looked liked utter shit when used maybe i should have stuck with one of them lol

Guest Jorden Vandal

:P I didn't stretch RVD, that's the cut. He's swinging his fists so it's showing a motion blur on his arms. That's just how it is naturally, haha. I couldn't find ANYTHING that looked aggressive of him, and I wanted it to look aggressive.

Anyway, good job AD your's was incredible.

Guest thederekeffect1

:P I didn't stretch RVD, that's the cut. He's swinging his fists so it's showing a motion blur on his arms. That's just how it is naturally, haha. I couldn't find ANYTHING that looked aggressive of him, and I wanted it to look aggressive.

Anyway, good job AD your's was incredible.

I'm going with yours AD. It's awesome and the only thing I can nitpick is the One Night Stand 2 text, which just throws me off because it's not in line with the barbed wire. Everything else just looks really good and professional and it's perfect for a flyer or poster.

Second is Cole. I like the overall feel of the graphic and I like the text. Plis I like Triple H being in colour whilst the rest are not.

DoChappy is third, I really like the bottom half of yours as it looks really good. The top though doesn't do it for me as the text looks mixed up, probably because to the font size for Extreme is bigger than the rest. Plus I don't like the angled cut of RVD, doesn't look right next to the HHH cut.

Vandel, yours is fourth. I don't like the cuts or the Van Dam vs. HHH text with the red stroke. However I do like the ONS text and the Some Is Going To Bleed text with the blood behind it.

Overall, a very good battle and like what you all did with the rules. Well done.

Edited by LBTN™