World Wrestling Federation - 1993

------

MONDAY, JANUARY 23, 1993

Checking the Extreme-Mail:

SOPHIE

Saturday Night are trying to compete with us, but are being destroyed in the ratings.

TELEVISION REPORT

We got a 4.44 rating for 'Monday Night Raw'!

The attendance level was 4041 people.

We made $161,640 from ticket sales.

WCW got a 2.15 rating for 'Saturday Night'!

The event was attended by 5,005 people.

They made $200200 from ticket sales.

USWA got a 0.16 rating for 'USWA TV'!

The event was attended by 323 people.

They made $6,460 from ticket sales.

USWA NEWS

Honky Tonk Man has agreed to an open contract.

------

Royal Rumble Preview is next!

------

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

------

WWF ROYAL RUMBLE 1993

IPB Image

The 1993 Royal Rumble! LIVE from the Arco Arena in Sacramento, California. 3 Hours of World Wrestling Federation entertainment! The Royal Rumble has a great line-up of matches at this year's event. The Intercontinental Championship is on the line in a match up between two former best friends; Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty. Sensational Sherri will be at ringside, but who's corner will she be in? High Energy takes on the Natural Disasters in a rematch of the finals of the Tag Team Tournament. Money, Incorporated interfered in the last match, and are barred from ringside for this one. If Money, Inc. does get involved President Jack Tunney has made it very clear that they will be stripped of their titles immediately. The pay-per-view debut of "The Narcissist" Lex Luger as he takes on Mr. Perfect. If Mr. Perfect defeats Luger he will get a match with the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon challenges Bret "Hitman" Hart for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Ramon seems to have gotten into the Hitman's head, will this affect the outcome of the match? Will we see a new World Champion? In the main event, the most exciting match in professional wrestling today, the Royal Rumble match! Thirty of the top WWF superstars enter for a chance to main event WrestleMania IX as the challenger for the WWF title. But only one superstar can win it. Who will challenge the champion at WrestleMania? The Undertaker would love to get his hands on Papa Shango. Will the two supernaturals meet in the Rumble? Also, Hulk Hogan announced a few weeks ago that he will be in the Royal Rumble. He has made it clear that he will be looking for Giant Gonzalez, who is also in the Rumble match. Can the Hulkster get the 7'6" monster over the top rope? All this and much more at this year's Royal Rumble. Only on pay-per-view! Don't miss it!

CONFIRMED MATCHES

• High Energy vs. The Natural Disasters, in a rematch for the #1 contendership of the WWF Tag Team Titles
  • Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty for the Intercontinental Championship, Sensational Sherri is set to be at ringside for this contest.
  • Mr. Perfect vs. "The Narcissist" Lex Luger, If Mr. Perfect wins he gets a match with "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair.
  • Bret "Hitman" Hart vs. Razor Ramon for the WWF World Championship.
  • The Royal Rumble Match, 30 WWF superstars walk in, 1 walks out with a World Championship match at WrestleMania IX.

------

I don't know if we're suppose to post our predictions, But I'll leave mine.

High Energy vs. The Natural Disasters, in a rematch for the #1 contendership of the WWF Tag Team Titles

The face team gets the win since Money Inc are heels.

Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty for the Intercontinental Championship, Sensational Sherri is set to be at ringside for this contest.

Sherri might end up with HBK again, But I see her costing HBK the match. I think, She'll come out with HBK, And turn on him.

Mr. Perfect vs. "The Narcissist" Lex Luger, If Mr. Perfect wins he gets a match with "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair.

Flair will screw over Perfect here. I don't think Luger should lose so quickly after debuting.

Bret "Hitman" Hart vs. Razor Ramon for the WWF World Championship.

Too early for Razor, Even though it'd be great to see him with the title. Bret wins, Though, I'm not too sure about it.

The Royal Rumble Match, 30 WWF superstars walk in, 1 walks out with a World Championship match at WrestleMania IX.

Yokozuna

You need a heel to win it, Yokozuna is the one with the largest push. If Razor wins the title, Then either Taker, Hogan or Savage is going to win this. But if Bret retains, It's Yokozuna.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

High Energy vs. The Natural Disasters - like Baby Hewey said, High Energy are the face team...unfortunately, it looks to me like you're trying to push out the tag teams that EWR doesn't think too much of, like the Disasters and Nasty Boys, which bugs me a bit, mainly because I have a soft spot for those sorts of teams.

Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty - I think Jannetty as IC champ would be a flop...getting it off HBK is a good idea, but not here. Sherri's really a non-factor for me.

Mr. Perfect vs. "The Narcissist" Lex Luger - agree about Luger needing the win. I almost smell a turn here (by either of them or Flair), but it really wouldn't make much sense in 1993. I don't understand why every match has to have something on the line?

Bret "Hitman" Hart vs. Razor Ramon - Like Hewey said, too early for Ramon to win the belt...good to see him this high up the card already, though.

Yokozuna wins the Royal Rumble

High Energy vs. The Natural Disasters - High Energy needs to win this match, there's not much more to it.

Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty - It'd be interesting to see what would happen if Marty Jannetty can actually succeed here as a singles wrestler, but I don't think he's good enough to beat Shawn Michaels. I do think you should the IC title off of him, but I don't think it should be against Jannetty.

Mr. Perfect vs. "The Narcissist" Lex Luger - I'd be surprised if Luger lost so early after he came in, plus there's likely to be a screwjob here with Flair, like Hewey said

Bret "Hitman" Hart vs. Razor Ramon - As long as you can make this a fantastic match, Razor will still gain something even if he loses. I think making him prove himself as a legit challenger for the belt is good, but having him win it so early wouldn't be the right idea.

Hogan wins the Royal Rumble, I just think you built him up in the last show well enough to make him a possible winner. Yokozuna might still win this, but I think Hogan'll take it and have a pretty big build up with Bret Hart for a "legendary match". The face vs. face thing can work if done right.

yeah, I realize that. What I meant is that the match could help MAKE Hart a legend earlier in his career, much like I think Rock/Hogan at wrestlemania is what actually brought The Rock from being a main eventer, to being a legend. A Hart/Hogan main event could definitely help Hart's popularity rise up to that status.

I'm loving the old school feeling in the diary but you do know your way of writing shows is really all about squash matches. If you are going to really change the product which means bigger matches on TV shows instead of squash matches then you'll probably need to change your format. But right now the squash matches are fine because it's 1993 anyways. I would love to see a Mr.Perfect push but I don't see that happening. Also I love the old Shawn Michaels but it would be kinda fun and interesting if someone put Jannetty over HBK and made Jannetty the big star.

• 10 months later...