Emotion

Guest thederekeffect1

Guest thederekeffect1

Here's a little something I made last night while I was waiting for my internet to turn back on (long story). There was originally a very random hand in front of Garnett's leg and elbow pad in the Garnett cut, but I covered it up. I can only imagine the comments I would get, "why the hell is there a random hand in that picture?". Heh.

Emotion.jpg

Click here if it doesn't load

The background looks like either a premade or like doc said, a bunch of filters. The coloring of the cuts is bad and I suggest that you don't use those type of effects becasue they're rarely effective.

Definitely needs work, but it's not terrible.

Guest thederekeffect1

- The background is not premade, nor is it made with filters. It's the same effects that I used in my signature.

- The background is split like that, because I had a poor pic of Garnett that cut off at the tip of his hands, and I had to find a way to cover it up. I didn't have internet, otherwise I would have gone online and found a different pic to cut.

I should put more emphasis on the fact that I made this while I was waiting for my internet to get turned back on. Meaning, I was trying to kill boredom. For example, the effects on the cuts weren't meant to be professional. They were only there because I was bored. I created the background for two reasons. 1) I was bored. 2) I didn't have internet turned on. So, it's not like I could have went online to find a stock pic that mathes the theme (I don't have any in my pictures folder).

- The background is not premade, nor is it made with filters. It's the same effects that I used in my signature.

- The background is split like that, because I had a poor pic of Garnett that cut off at the tip of his hands, and I had to find a way to cover it up. I didn't have internet, otherwise I would have gone online and found a different pic to cut.

I should put more emphasis on the fact that I made this while I was waiting for my internet to get turned back on. Meaning, I was trying to kill boredom. For example, the effects on the cuts weren't meant to be professional. They were only there because I was bored. I created the background for two reasons. 1) I was bored. 2) I didn't have internet turned on. So, it's not like I could have went online to find a stock pic that mathes the theme (I don't have any in my pictures folder).

Edited by Livid

Guest thederekeffect1

Ah, fuck this. I'm done posting here. People are way too arguementive for my liking.

I wasn't "fighting back to criticism", I was clearing some things up. The main focus in everyones reply's was the background. They said that it was either premaid or it was a bunch of filters. No, I made that. I wanted to clear that up. Someone mentioned that it looked like two backgrounds. I wanted to explain WHY it looks like two backgrounds. You know, so maybe somebody could have given me a better suggestion then the one that I used. Okay, maybe I should have left the thing about me doing it out of boredom out. I didn't realize that it would anger someone. Either way, you guys are way too arguementive for me. Almost everything that is said on these boards turns into a damn arguement. Almost every thread on this board, someone is arguing. And I've noticed that I have to be extremely careful about what I say around here otherwise somebody takes it the wrong way. Screw this. I'm going back to the boards that I've posted on for years.

I guess I just don't understand why you would put something up for rating when you yourself fully admit it's not the best work you could do and that given more time and resources you could do better. Shouldn't that then suggest that you be prepared to accept criticism?

One would assume.

the reason I said it looked like you used a bunch of filters and such is because there is countless tutorial around on how to create that background using filters. It nothing wrong with using filters if your new to photoshop but it just makes your graphic look cheesy...

As far as it looking like 2 different backgrounds . you could have used a mask to get rid of the unwanted background stuff.

And if you post your graphic here you are clearly wanting opinions on it whether you did it out of boredom or not we are still going to tell you if its a bad graphic or whatever.

From what i see you got the basics down but to get better you have to learn how to take criticism better