First Go At Photoshop

Guest [ Tyler ]

For you first image, that's pretty good! My only complaints are the empty space in the background, the blur that is on the main cut, and the text. Work on those things, and you'll have a pretty good piece!

Attempt #2, shitty shit shit.

gage.png

Don't like it, used the same font...can barely read the text. Eh, I hate it.

While I'm here, what are some good places to go for brushes (half the sites on the resource list are down, the other half are crap), and then how do I install them?

Guest [ Tyler ]

Don't use only brushes! Biggest mistake a beginning designer makes. All brushes = shit and generic. Use stock photos and blend scans together with occasional brushing. Deviant Art is the best place to get free brushes though. Why don't you like the second image? It's still v. good for a beginning. Better then what some people post. I like the effect on the background, try doing something to the main cut and try doing something with the text. Keep it up though, you'll get the hang of it eventually. (Y)

both a pretty dang good for your first photoshop try. For now I'd suggest downloading a few brushes and once you get better It's best if you make your own from stocks and such. If you need any specific advice just ask . i or some of the other great gfx artist will try to help you out

Also, textures are your friend. If you can figure out how to use textures well, along with brushes, stocks, and the everso generic filters, you'll be well on your way into having some success using photoshop.

That being said, the two graphics are a hell of a lot better than anything I posted when I first started doing graphics and then using photoshop, so just keep practicing and you'll get there.

Thanks guys for the feedback, I'm working my way around photoshop, using different things and such.

EDIT: I am now officially hooked on Photoshop, and thanks to my ankle injury, I have plenty of time to be practicing.

I just spent about 20 or 30 minutes on this.

todv2ol.png

I really really like it, but I'll let you guys be the judge.

Edited by Quoth The Raven