Guest ellived

my predictions......hmmm

-Edge def. Jericho & RVD

-Kane def. Foley

-HHH def. Cena

-Haas def. Benjamin

-Carlito def. Conway & Masters

-McGuinness def. Eugene

and for the bonus ill have to go with... Edge, Jericho, and RVD triple threat...

can't wait for the PPV, keep it up dood....im enjoyin this diary

btw: SD! was sweet....I like the way you set up the triple threat match

Edited by ellived

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Olback

Great diary.

My predictions:

Edge defeats Jericho and RVD (as much as i hate to see it. I would much rather Jericho turns face here, but i cannot see it)

Kane beats Foley (surely you cannot give Foley the win)

HHH defeats Cena (he really needs to, otherwise he looks very weak.)

Shelton beats Haas (Evil beats good)

Masters beats Carlito and Conway ( i hate to see it, but i think its gonna happen. Masters will retain.

McGuiness beats Eugene (you are pushing nigel and Eugen is just on the show to lose)

Bonus Questions HHH vs Cena

BTW

No Highlanders vs Interns?

What ever happened to 3 Ninute Warning, they get pushed big time, then nothing?

What happened to Kurt Angle on SD?

WWE Championship

RVD vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho

Throw some disarray into the mix where Edge and Jericho now have some very clear bad blood instead of laying down.

Stepping Into The Unknown

Mick Foley vs. Kane

I'm just a Kane mark so whats a man to do

The Corporation‘s Hired Gun

Triple H w/Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena w/Vince McMahon

Seems like D-X is down a few points in this feud so I would give them the win.

The Best of Friends, The Worst of Enemies

Charlie Haas vs. Shelton Benjamin

Time Limit Draw, or draw for some reason, leading to a rematch with a stipulation

Intercontinental Championship

Carlito vs. Rob Conway vs. Chris Masters

Masters wins over Carlito with the Masterlock. Nobody breaks the Masterlock :shifty:

The Welcoming Committee

Nigel McGuinness vs. Eugene

Why end his streak now?

BONUS QUESTION: What match will get the HIGHEST OVERALL RATING on the card?

- Good opener with the tag match.

- Loving this Joe/Finlay feud now, should get Joe over big time.

- I don't know what the MNM/Mexicools segment was about.

- Now I get this angle between Regal/Lashley, good job on that. Will get Lashley over.

- Matt being a jobber boy makes me a sad panda.

- I think it's your way of writing Show off for a little while, maybe to get some heat back into Kennedy's feud with 'Taker?

- Swerve angle next week, leading to a triple threat PPV match?

WWE Championship

For some reason, I see Jericho winning here and then something starting between the two Corporate members in Jericho and Edge

Mick Foley vs. Kane

I'm gonna say this match will be brutal, however if there is fire involved, Foley will win...

Triple H will pick up the win as the Corporation starts falling...

Shelton cheats his way to a victory and the feud can continue for another match

Weakest link in the match will get the victory somehow, i think...

The Welcoming Committee

Meh

WWE Championship

Since he didn't win the MitB and now Edge and Jericho are together, it will make the story just a little bit better.

Mick Foley vs. Kane

I believe it makes more sense to let Kane go over.

I can see Vince trying to get more of his men take out DX, but they fight them off and somehow get Triple H a win.

-Showing his former partner how much he improved only to piss Benjamin off even more.

I see Masters making Carlito give up with the Master Lock leading up to Conway winning the belt in the future.

The Welcoming Committee

I love the gimmick you have gave him and why make him lose here.

WWE Championship

I sense youre doing the same thing as to what WWE did to HHH at Backlash. RVD will win the match by pinning Jericho, leading to a feud.

Mick Foley vs. Kane

This feud has kinda fell of momentum. Kane FTW since the whole storyline seems to be involved around him.

DX won at Summerslam, so yeah...

Haas will probably win, giving him sme momentum.

He is the surprise factor here, and you really seem to be pushing him hard...

The Welcoming Committee

I would have preferred AmDrag in this role rather than Nigel, oh well.

hey man nice diary can you read mine WWE 2006: GM Wars and tell me what u think im just starting to add stuff to mine like color and bold and such since im new because i just learned the thing to use it and im gonna start putting Raw and Smackdown images at the start of my Shows since im learning and such and i need to i think im going to learn a lot from the Diary's im reading lately yours has been a good help thanks man keep up the good work

Just Read all of it today and loved every page of it. now time for the predictions.

WWE Championship

Mick Foley vs. Kane

The Welcoming Committee

Edge vs RVD vs Chris Jericho

I probably shouldn't do this, because I'll probably get in trouble... but, I want to thank all of you for your predictions... keep them coming...

but what this post is really for, is to apologize for the length of time since I've updated this. Between starting a new job, and getting involved a real promotion that is going to start running weekly shows here soon, I've been swamped. This diary is far from dead, however. I will get Unforgiven up sometime hopefully this week.

But, like I said... please... PLEASE keep the predictions coming, they are NEEDED for this show...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

unforgivenbanner.png

Sunday September 24, 2006

Live! From Toronto, Ontario, Canada

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: RAW’s Unforgiven on PPV

NOTE: I apologize for the immense wait in between posts. I recently started work again, working four to five days a week, as well as running an actual wrestling show every Tuesday night in Barberton, Ohio - which takes up Monday night as well to set everything up. So, I have very little time for things like that now. Therefore, to make things a little easier on myself, but still allow all of you to read this, I will attempt a less detailed writing style, focusing only on important highlights. I hope you are all still able to enjoy this.

Credit WWE.com

RAW Superstar Released

September 25, 2006

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of RAW Superstar and former Tough Enough contestant Ryan Reeves. WWE wishes him all the best in his future endeavors.

Edited by JairusCain

Seeing as how I neglected to update this diary for six month, and am now planning to revive it, I feel the need to remind old readers, and fill in the new readers, as to what all has gone down between May 2006 and September 2006, which is where we are at now. I’m going to go month-by-month, and point out the highlights of each month for each brand. This means debuts, turns, title changes, etc.. Let’s get started shall we?

MAY 2006

RAW

• Edge became the two time WWE Champion as April drew to a close

• Triple H turned baby face by way of delivering a Pedigree to Lita on an episode of RAW

• Chris Jericho returned to RAW, aligning with Vince McMahon

• John Cena turned heel by way of delivering an FU to Triple H after four weeks of hesitation to do so

• Kane and Big Show also had a war throughout the month of May, busting one another open on several occasions

Smackdown

• The King of the Ring tournament returned; The Undertaker and Mr. Kennedy had a hellacious feud

• Chris Benoit turned heel by way of attacking Rey Mysterio; Rey was special referee in the King of the Ring finals, awarding the win to Lashley instead of Benoit

• The Undertaker continued to get into the head of Mr. Kennedy throughout the month, building up to a match at Judgment Day

• Judgment Day brought a close to the month of May for Smackdown

* Chris Benoit defeated Rey Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship in a match made following his brutal attack on Mysterio only three days prior

* The Undertaker defeated Mr. Kennedy by disqualification when Kennedy blasted him in the face with a shovel

* Lashley defeated Kurt Angle in an amazing match to become the 2006 King of the Ring

* London and Kendrick defeated MNM to become the WWE Tag Team Champions

* Batista’s return is announced to happen at the Great American Bash against William Regal

JUNE 2006

RAW

• The blood-feud between Kane and the Big Show continued

• The Intercontinental Championship became the main focus of Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Masters, and Chavo Guerrero

• Vengeance opened the flood gates for RAW

* Chris Masters won a four-way match to become the new Intercontinental Champion

* Kane nearly killed Big Show in a First Blood Match

* Rob Van Dam began his climb to the top by defeating John Cena

* Chris Masters aided Chris Jericho in defeating Shawn Michaels

* Vince McMahon announced the return of The Corporation - consisting of himself, Shane McMahon, Chris Jericho, and Chris Masters

• The Spirit Squad were enlisted into The Corporation, becoming The Interns

• Rob Van Dam cashed in his Money In The Bank, challenging Edge to a match at Summerslam

• Mick Foley returned to RAW, challenging Kane to a match at Summerslam

• As Shawn Michaels was set to take on The Interns in a Handicap Match, the crowd was surprised by the unannounced reunion of D-Generation X, as HBK and HHH took on The Interns instead

• The Rock made a surprise return to RAW, getting into a verbal altercation with John Cena, which then led to a brawl

• Vince McMahon begins to befriend WWE Champion Edge in an effort to recruit him into The Corporation

• 3 Minute Warning make a return to RAW with Palmer Cannon as their manager

Smackdown

• Gunner Scott began to make a name for himself on Smackdown

• The tag team division started to heat up once London and Kendrick won the titles

• The New Blood debuted in WWE - consisting of Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, and Colt Cabana - claiming to be on a mission to bring professional wrestling back to WWE

• Mike Mizanin had his first match on Smackdown, defeating Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms in a non-title match

• Christopher Daniels defeated Randy Orton in under ten seconds in Orton’s last match in WWE

• The Second City Saints adopt a 3D as their finisher, which they debuted on Orton, calling it the RKO

• Gunner Scott received a broken arm at the hands of Hardcore Holly and Booker T, putting him out of action for two months

• Mr. Kennedy challenged The Undertaker to a Buried Alive match at the Great American Bash

AUGUST 2006

RAW

• Rob Conway starts to pick up a few random wins, making his way to contention for the Intercontinental Championship

• The Rock and John Cena sign a contract for a match at Summerslam

• Rob Van Dam begins to make television time for himself, interrupting the Rock/Cena contract signing and swearing on live television, pushing the buttons of upper management

• Whether or not Edge will join The Corporation continues to be teased

• Summerslam for the RAW Superstars

* Charlie Haas returned to RAW, costing Shelton Benjamin his match against Chavo Guerrero

* The Corporation (Jericho/Masters) pick up a win over D-Generation X

* Kane defeats Mick Foley by forfeit when the referee throws in the towel for Foley after Kane sets him on fire

* John Cena picks up a big win over The Rock after putting ether on his wrist bands and locking on the STFU. The ether caused The Rock to quickly lose consciousness

* Rob Van Dam defeated Edge to become the WWE Champion, only for Vince McMahon to come out and reverse the decision, due to RVD using a steel chair to get the win (hitting a Van Daminator using the chair that Edge brought into the ring to hit Van Dam)

• Nigel McGuinness and his manager Dean Ayass debut on RAW with a win over Eugene

• Mystery surrounds what kind of stipulation Foley/Kane II at Unforgiven will have, as both men threaten to burn one another

• To bring a close to the month, Edge finally gave McMahon an answer and joined The Corporation by screwing Rob Van Dam in a match against Chris Jericho

Smackdown

• Gunner Scott returns from injury to pick up a win over Hardcore Holly

• The feud between Lashley and JBL rages on, leading to a match at Summerslam

• Christopher Daniels proves to be a fighting champion, defending the Cruiserweight Championship on a weekly basis

• The Second City Saints take part in a 4-way elimination WWE Tag Team Titles match, the last team to be eliminated will face the winning team at Summerslam - Second City Saints are the last team eliminated and will face MNM at the pay-per-view

• Batista earns a title shot against Chris Benoit at Summerslam by winning a tag team match, pinning the champion

• The team of Jamie Noble and Kid Kash officially get renamed to Southern Comfort

• Summerslam for the Smackdown Superstars

* MNM get a cheap win over the Second City Saints to retain the WWE Tag Team titles

* Lashley defeated JBL in a Steel Cage Match to become the United States Champion

* Chris Benoit retained the World Heavyweight Championship by using the belt as a weapon

• Big Show debuts on Smackdown, destroying Mr. Kennedy

SEPTEMBER 2006

RAW

• September started off with Rob Van Dam already on the bad side of Vince McMahon as he continued on his mission to capture the WWE Championship

• Promotion for Kane/Foley II advertise that someone will be “burned alive” but it has been confirmed that it will not be an Inferno Match

• John Cena becomes an unofficial member of The Corporation, as Vince McMahon’s hired gun to take out D-Generation X

• A savage tag team known as the Highlanders debuts on RAW, not caring whether they win or lose, only caring if they hurt their opponents

• Rob Van Dam gets the pinfall in a tag team match that - due to the stipulations laid out by Vince McMahon - earns him a title shot at Unforgiven

• Vince McMahon announces that the title match at Unforgiven will be a “Triple Threat” match with Rob Van Dam facing off against Corporation members, Chris Jericho and the WWE Champion Edge… why not just call it a Handicap Match?

• RAW is Unforgiven

* Rob Conway defeated Carlito and Chris Masters to become the Intercontinental Champion

* Charlie Haas picked up a win over Shelton Benjamin

* Triple H defeated John Cena after Shawn Michaels used Cena’s ether to neutralize Vince McMahon at ringside

* Kane took out Mick Foley in a “Burned Alive” match which resulted in Kane Chokeslamming Foley off the stage through a burning platform, setting Foley on fire

* Chris Jericho capitalized on a Five Star Frog Splash from RVD to Edge, tossing RVD out of the ring and pinning Edge to win the WWE Championship. Has Jericho turned on The Corporation?

Smackdown

• Gunner Scott’s upward climb on Smackdown continues

• Petey Williams makes an appearance on Smackdown, challenging Christopher Daniels for the Cruiserweight Championship. The match was merely a try-out for Petey, who had been released from TNA in the previous weeks

• Samoa Joe vs. Finlay at No Mercy is made official

• The Chris Benoit/Batista feud continues, with JBL enlisted to help Benoit

• Brian Kendrick is put on the shelf for eight months to a year with a broken neck, sustained in a tag team match against the Mexicools

• Test debuts on Smackdown with Stacy Keibler, decimating Matt Hardy in a match

• Mexicools vs. Southern Comfort vs. Second City Saints vs. MNM for the WWE Tag Team titles was confirmed for No Mercy

• William Regal earns a United States title shot against Lashley at No Mercy

• Mr. Kennedy and Booker T team up to take out the Big Show, possibly breaking his legs with steel chairs

Credit WWE.com

Corporate Corruption

September 25, 2006

Coming off the heels of the shocking Unforgiven, one question is on everyone’s mind, has Chris Jericho turned his back on Vince McMahon and his Corporation? Surely, Edge will have a few choice words for his supposed comrade.

Kane has finally snapped, setting Mick Foley ablaze in the Burned Alive match. Kane will be present this week, but in what capacity? Also, D-Generation X finally got one up on The Corporation at Unforgiven. How will Vince McMahon react this week on RAW, when he’s already got the issues with Chris Jericho and Edge to deal with?

The new Intercontinental Champion, Rob Conway will be in action this week, as he teams with the man he took his title from, Chris Masters, as well as Shelton Benjamin to take on Carlito, Chavo Guerrero, and Charlie Haas.

All this and much more on Monday Night RAW (9/8 CT; USA Network).

rawbanner4.png

Monday September 25, 2006

Live! From Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: RAW on USA

The show opens up with the usual RAW opening video, which is then followed by a video package featuring the highlights from Unforgiven. The video comes to a close on a shot of Chris Jericho clutching the WWE Championship at the top of the stage. The video fades out and the cameras cut to the arena. Immediately after, Edge’s music comes over the speakers to thunderous booing from the crowd. Edge emerges from the back looking furious and heads directly to the ring without even acknowledging the fans. Once in the ring, Edge is handed a microphone and his music fades out.

Edge: Not only…

The crowd suddenly erupts into a loud “JER-I-CHO!” chant.

Edge:… Not only was what happened last night a travesty, but it was one of the biggest screw jobs I’ve ever seen! What’s the matter Chris? Are you upset that The Corporation’s got a bigger star than you now? Are you jealous that I had something you wanted?

A “YOU SUCK” chant breaks out in the crowd.

Edge: Chris, I’ve talked to Mister McMahon today… and he’s not exactly happy with you, right now! He’s FURIOUS, Chris! I… I AM FURIOUS! YOU STOLE MY TITLE! And I want an explanation, Chris! I want an explanation, and I want it right… NOW!

Overall Rating: 81%

Instead of Chris Jericho’s music hitting the speakers, that of Vince McMahon echoes through the arena. Vince emerges from the back with a rather uneasy look on his face. Vince makes his way to the ring, where he too is handed a microphone.

Vince: Edge, befo…

Edge: What the hell happened, Vince?! You said everything was taken care of! You said Jericho was only in that match to help me! Now, correct me if I’m wrong, Vince, but taking my title isn’t exactly helping me, is it?!

Vince: Well, no. But…

Edge: But nothing! Chris Jericho is traitor! Chris Jericho turned his back on The Corporation! Vince… Chris Jericho turned his back on YOU! And I want him TERMINATED right now! RIGHT NOW! And I want my title put back on MY shoulder! Around MY WAIST!

Vince: Calm down, Edge.

Edge: CALM DOWN!?

Vince: Yes, calm down.

Edge: SCREW YOU VIN…

Vince: I TOLD YOU TO CALM DOWN, DAMMIT! Now LISTEN to me!

Edge’s jaw drops. He stands perfectly still and doesn’t say another word.

Vince: Now, I told you everything was taken care of… because it was. Chris Jericho went against my orders. I don’t know what Chris was thinking last night. In fact, I wouldn’t mind an explanation myself. So Chris… how about coming out here and giving us an explanation?

Overall Rating: 89%

Chris Jericho’s music comes over the building’s PA system to a huge pop from the crowd and soon after, Jericho emerges from behind the curtain with the WWE Championship proudly draped over his shoulder. He arrogantly makes his way down to the ring, pretending to polish the belt using his hand. Jericho climbs into the ring and takes the microphone out of Edge’s hand, which triggers Edge to start complaining to Vince like a child. Vince eventually demands that someone at ringside give Edge a new microphone. Jericho’s music fades out.

Jericho: So, let me get this straight. Edge, you want an explanation?

Edge: You’re damn right I do!

Jericho: And Vicne… you want an explanation?

Vince: I’d like to know what the hell you think you’re doing, yes.

Jericho: Okay. And you fans, I take it you want an explanation too?

The crowd cheers.

Jericho: Hmm. Well, it looks like I have some explaining to do. Well, Vince… you see. You put me in that match to make sure Edge didn’t lose the title. It didn’t work did it?

Edge starts to throw another fit in the ring.

Jericho: Calm down, killer. Vince. Edge. Jerichoholics, The reason I did what I did… is because…

”ONE OF A KIND!!!”

Overall Rating: 92%

The crowd pops as Rob Van Dam makes his way out to the stage. He points to the ring and says a few words and then makes his way down the ramp. Once in the ring, he is handed a microphone and his music fades out.

RVD: Sorry to interrupt you guys, but I’ve got a few things to say. Vince, to put it simply, your plan may have worked… but it may have backfired too. Vince, you kept me from winning the WWE title, but now… Now Vince, your precious Corporation is falling apart!

Edge: Why the hell are you even out here?!

RVD: Bottom line is this: even though you’re guaranteed a rematch, Edge… I wasn’t pinned last night, so I’m still the number one contender for that WWE title! I want to know what you plan to do about that, Vince!

Overall Rating: 87%

Vince ponders scenarios in the ring for a few moments before speaking again.

Vince: Well, to tell you the truth, I’m not quite sure what to do. But, something has to be done. So right here tonight. Rob Van Dam! Edge! You’re going to go one-on-one right here in this ring to declare the undisputed number one contender for the WWE Championship!

Vince’s music hits the speakers and he heads out of the ring. Rob Van Dam and Edge look at each other, and then at Chris Jericho. They both begin to gesture that the WWE title is going to be theirs. The show fades to commercials.

Overall Rating: 83%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Six-Man Tag Team Match

Charlie Haas, Chavo Guerrero, and Carlito vs. Rob Conway©, Shelton Benjamin, and Chris Masters

As the show returns from the commercial break, Rob Conway’s music plays as he makes his way down to the ring, where his teammate and opponents already wait. Once he gets to the ring, Benjamin and Guerrero are the two selected to start the match and the bell rings.

The match, for the most part, goes back and forth, but allows Conway to demonstrate why he won the Intercontinental Championship, putting a beating down on Chavo Guerrero during the course of the match. Late in the match, all six men end up in the ring at once. Carlito hits the Backcracker on Benjamin, leading to Shelton rolling to the outside, just as Conway hits the Ego Trip on Chavo Guerrero. At about the same time, Haas nails Masters with his Exploder Suplex. Carlito and Haas go after Conway, but Conway ends up tossing Carlito out of the ring. But, when Conway spins around, he walks right into an Exploder Suplex from Haas! Haas goes for the pin, but Masters begins to get back to his feet. 1... 2... Masters says screw it and rolls out of the ring. 3! Haas picks up the win over the Intercontinental Champion!

Winners: Charlie Haas, Chavo Guerrero, and Carlito

Overall Rating: 76%

The cameras cut to the back with a shot of a sign reading “JOHN CENA”. The camera zooms out to reveal Shane McMahon standing outside of Cena’s locker room. As he enters, the camera follows him in. Cena hurries to his feet and looks Shane in the eye.

Cena: What do you want, Shane?

Shane: Well, John. It seems that uh, you losing last night to Triple H, kind of pissed my father off.

Cena: No, you think?

Shane: Don’t be a smartass, John.

Cena: Look, Shane. Why are you here?

Shane: Well, my dad is too busy to worry about your punishment tonight, John. So that’s on my hands. And, seeing as how you just got an attitude with me, I think a fitting punishment would be… John Cena… versus……… Kane!

Cena stares blankly at Shane, not sure how to respond.

Shane: Oh and by the way, John. That match is next.

Shane grins before turning and leaving the room. Cena stares at the now closed door in disbelief. The show fades to commercials.

Overall Rating: 88%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

John Cena vs. Kane

Kane’s pyro explodes from the stage just as the show returns from commercials. Kane makes his way to the ring with a maniacal look upon his face. Once he’s in the ring, Cena’s music hits. Cena emerges from the back, looking scared, and slowly makes his way to the ring. Cena hesitantly climbs into the ring and immediately charges at Kane, trying to get an early advantage. Kane quickly turns things around and sends Cena into the ropes. As Cena comes off the ropes, Kane catches him with a goozle. CHOKESLAM! 1... 2... 3! IT’S OVER ALREADY! Kane’s music hits the speakers and he climbs out of the ring.

Wait a minute, what’s he doing? Kane pulls the top half of the ring steps up and tosses them into the ring. The music stops. What is he doing?! Kane climbs back into the ring and then adjusts the ring steps, placing them in the center of the ring. He pulls Cena back to his feet and then hoists him onto his shoulder. Oh, no. Kane steps up onto the ring steps and lowers Cena for… OH MY GOD! TOMBSTONE ON THE RING STEPS! Cena is OUT! Kane does his pyro from the ring posts as his music hits the speakers once again. Kane climbs out of the ring as Cena lies unconscious in the ring.

Winner: Kane

Overall Rating: 86%

The cameras cut to the back to show Triple H and Shawn Michaels sitting on a big leather couch, eating pizza, and watching RAW on a television set. They are laughing as they heckle John Cena. Shawn Michaels says that he not only got beat last night, but now Kane just killed him. Triple H comes in with a sarcastic “that’s just tragic.” Michaels then asks if Cena is going to be okay in time for their tag team match next week. Triple h then asks who Cena’s partner is going to be. He’s pissed off The Corporation… and no one else likes him. So, who the hell would want to be his tag team partner?

Overall Rating: 88%

The camera then cuts to a corridor as Jonathan Coachman walks while talking on his cell phone. The he is talking to someone about a new tag team, saying they will be debuting soon, only referring to the team as “MVP”. Coachman hangs up the phone as he approaches an open door. We can see that the door has a sign that reads “JONATHAN COACHMAN”. As he steps into the doorway, the door slams shut, smacking him right in the face! With Coachman unconscious on the floor, the door opens and out walk… The Highlanders. They look at Coachman and laugh as they turn and head down the corridor.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Val Venis vs. Nigel McGuinness w/ Dean Ayass

As the show returns from commercials, Val Venis, who is already in the ring, is announced, followed by Nigel McGuinness’ music hitting the speakers. McGuinness makes his way out onto the stage with Dean Ayass to a round of boos from the crowd. Once McGuinness climbs into the ring, the referee calls for the bell and the match begins.

Val gets in a decent amount of offense at the beginning, but Nigel quickly turns things in his favor. McGuinness maintains control for a couple of minutes, but then misses a missile drop kick, allowing Venis to capitalize. Val gets in a handful of moves and ends up having Nigel down in the middle of the ring. Venis climbs to the top rope. Just as he does, Ayass slides a steel chair into the ring. The referee sees him and goes after the chair to toss it out. With the referee’s back turned, Dean pulls the cricket bat out from under the ring, hops up on the apron, and cracks Venis in the back with it! Venis falls to the mat and Nigel crawls over to make the cover. 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Nigel McGuinness

Overall Rating: 60%

As Nigel and Dean celebrate, the cameras cut over to Lawler and Styles. Styles informs the viewing audience that they have an update on Mick Foley’s condition. Foley has suffered second degree burns on his back and on his arms, and is currently being held in a Burn Victims Unit in a hospital in his hometown of Long Island, New York. Styles goes on to say that once he is released from the hospital, he will be staying at his home, recuperating. Whether or not Foley will make a return to the ring is unknown at this time, but Foley has asked Styles to pass a message along. Styles says that Foley will, in due time, return to RAW to address the fans. Styles and Lawler wish Foley a get well soon as the cameras cut to the back.

Jonathan Coachman is in Vince McMahon’s office, irate about what happened earlier tonight with The Highlanders. Vince McMahon is paying absolutely no attention to Coachman, however, as he is overwhelmed with issues concerning Edge and Chris Jericho, as well as D-Generation X. Coachman asks Vince if he can book The Highlanders to take on MVP next week in their debut match. Vince simply says “Yeah, sure whatever. Get out of my office.” Coachman smiles and heads out of the room.

The camera then cuts again to show Rob Van Dam and Edge on a split screen. They are both walking down corridors, heading for the entrance area. Their match is next.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWE Championship Number One Contender Match

Rob Van Dam vs. Edge w/ Lita

The show returns from the break as Edge’s music hits the speakers. He emerges from the back with Lita to a loud round of boos. Once he is in the ring, his music fades out. After a few moments, RVD’s music hits and the crowd goes nuts. Van Dam steps out onto the stage and plays to the crowd before heading to the ring. Once in the ring, the referee calls for the bell and the match is underway.

The two go back and forth for the opening minutes of the match, neither man able to gain a clear advantage. Edge sends Van Dam into the corner, but RVD leaps up, trying to catapult over Edge, but Edge doesn’t fall for it. As RVD drops back to the back, Edge catches him with a kick to the crotch, and then a reverse face buster. With RVD down in the corner, Edge backs into the opposite corner and measures him up for the Spear. RVD gets to his feet and Edge lunges at him. NO! RVD moves and Edge collides with the ring post! Edge stumbles back and RVD quickly hops to the top rope and leaps off with a diving kick to the face! RVD goes for the cover! 1... 2... NO! Edge kicks out!

RVD runs to the ropes, but Lita trips him up. RVD turns and yells a few words at Lita. Due to the distraction, Edge manages to sneak up with a roll up! 1... 2... RVD KICKS OUT!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the show returns from the break, Edge gets in a few punches on RVD. Edge goes for a whip, but RVD reverses! Edge comes off the ropes. OH! Spinning Heel Kick from RVD! Edge is down! RVD comes off the ropes! Rolling Thunder! Van Dam pulls Edge to his feet and sends him into the corner. MONKEY FLIP FROM RVD! Van Dam gets to his feet and looks behind him, making sure Edge is still down. He is. RVD leaps to the top rope and SOARS off with the Five Star Frog Splash! NO!!! EDGE MOVES!!!

While RVD flops around in pain, Lita slides a steel chair into the ring and then hops up onto the apron, distracting the referee! Both men get to their and Edge picks up the chair. He takes a few steps toward RVD and begins to raise the chair for the chair shot. OH! RVD CATCHES HIM WITH THE VAN DAMINATOR! Both men are down as Lita hops down off the apron, disappointed that the distraction backfired. The referee starts the ten count, and at the count of six, Van Dam is to his feet. A second later, Edge is back up, but both men are still woozy. Van Dam turns around and OH! JERICHO IS IN THE RING! He lunges at RVD to hit him with the WWE title, but NO! RVD ducks and Jericho levels Edge by mistake! Jericho spins around and RVD goes for the Van Daminator with the belt, but no, Jericho ducks! Van Dam spins around and gets slammed in the face with the belt! The referee calls for the bell!

Lillian Garcia approaches the referee for the ruling.

Lillian: Ladies and gentlemen, due to the interference of Chris Jericho, the referee has ruled this match a Double Disqualification!

Jericho looks at his belt, and realizes that there is now NO number one contender to his championship. He smiles as his music hits the speakers. Jericho climbs out of the ring and begins to head up the ramp as Edge and RVD come to. They both look up the ramp angrily at Jericho as the show goes off the air.

Winner: Double Disqualification

Overall Rating: 91%

Overall Show Rating: 84%

Television Rating: 6.37

Attendance: 10,014

Quick Results:

- Charlie Haas, Chavo Guerrero, Carlito def. Rob Conway, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Masters via Pinfall

- Kane def. John Cena via Pinfall

- Nigel McGuinness def. Val Venis via Pinfall

- Rob Van Dam vs. Edge ended in a Double Disqualification

Edited by JairusCain

Credit WWE.com

Hate Triangle

September 29, 2006

As last week’s edition of Smackdown came to a close, we found out that General Manager Teddy Long had signed a Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship to take place during this week’s main event. Can the champion hold on to his title with the likes of JBL and Batista in the match?

Mr. Kennedy and Booker T may have severely injured Big Show last week. We know for sure both of them will be present this week, but the question is; will Big Show be present? If so, will he be able to compete? Burchill can only hope that Big Show will be healthy, because if he isn’t Burchill will be forced to take on Kennedy and Booker T by himself, in a Handicap Match!

Last week, Lashley demobilized William Regal with a Powerslam on the floor. Both men will be in action this week, but against who? Also, Samoa Joe continued to cost Finlay his matches last week, allowing Gunner Scott to pick up a big win. Can Finlay get the win this week when he takes on Matt Hardy?

Don’t miss all of this and much more this week on Friday Night Smackdown at 8/7 CT on UPN.

Edited by JairusCain