WWE Smackdown - After Judgement Day

ONO

IPB Image

"LOOK AT THESE! LOOK AT THESE!".

Screeched the owner of World Wrestling Entertainment. He was speaking, or should we say shouting about the ratings Friday night Smackdown had been receiving.

"This is a complete and utter joke. Look at this, look at the damn drop. Compare them with last year, or the year before that."

Vince sunk his head into his hands, he was clearly upset, and he had every right to be. Smackdown had been on the receiving end of a lot of bad press, and the ratings weren't helping out much either.

"I give you lot a job, I help you out, put money in your pocket, and you put this crap out?"

"Sir, you specifically asked for The Great Khali to get this amount of air time. Maybe if we trimmed it down a bit, you know, so we could put on longer matches with the likes of Benoit, Finlay, Lashley and so forth?"

"It's nothing to do with how much air time Khali is getting. Look at him, he's a fucking monster. He's intimidating, and the crowd HATE him." Said Vince.

An awkward silence filled the room. Yeah, hated for all the wrong reasons. Vince's ego clearly couldn't see this. Many fans just weren't happy with the products content. It was poor, of a poor standard, with poor morale. Something had to be done about it, for Smackdown and it's wrestlers' sake.

"I see nobody has a responce. Very well. Of this moment I am relieving you ALL of your booking duties."

"Wha....what?"

Whimpered a small baldy man. His face aligned with shock.

"You heard me, I'm relieving you all of your duties, for this moment in time anyway."

"Is that wise, Vince?"

"Of course it is, myself and a few others are going to run this place, for a few months anyway, let's see if we can get things back on track. In the mean time, I'd like to speak individually with a few, you especially Ross. Ross and Brian, you two are going to be helping with the ECW product."

Ah, the ECW product. Widely speculated about, recently confirmed by the WWE. ECW was going to return, as a WWE-ran-entity.

"Bruce, you'll be sticking on Smackdown, you can help me and the others. I have massive plans to shake this brand up"

Bruce Pritchard responded kindly. His face showing a thankful gleam.

"I won't be taking an below-average-ratings anymore. It just will not be accepted, not here, not anywhere on a WWE show. Got it?"

The assembled crowd nodded, a few mumbled answers were heard.

Vince started figuring over a piece of paper. He passed it over the table, directly to Bruce.

"I want you, to get in touch with these wrestlers, and draw up a contract."

Bruce looked up at Vince, then back down at the paper. He seemed distant, and out-of-place.

"Vince, is this a wise decision?"

"I'm the owner of this damn company, aren't I? I'm sick of people judging my decisions. I told you to draw up a damn contract, so go and do what you're paid to do."

With that, Vince excused himself from the meeting. A feeling of confusion was clear. Nobody knew what to do or where to go.

Edited by Lost Soul

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PWInsider News

IPB Image

PWInsider.com can officially confirm that World Wrestling Entertainment will be bringing back; reality TV show - Tough Enough. The controversal sacking of Tough Enough 4 winner Daniel Puder led many to believe that the series wouldn't return, but word backstage is that management have gave the green light for it to return, this summer. An official announcement hasn't been made yet, but sources say the WWE are in talks.

PWInsider.com can also confirm that Bruce Pritchard recently held talks with TNA star Kevin Nash. Nash who's last run in the WWE involved a title programme with Triple H is said to be interested in returning to the WWE. Plans aren't clear on what Nash's role will be so far, but some say he could return in a position of power, with many speculating he could be the new RAW General Manager. Pritchard, however, is a member of the Smackdown roster, which leads one to speculate that Nash will, if it's true, be involved in a programme on the Smackdown brand.

Edited by Lost Soul

Friday Night Smackdown Preview

June 2nd, 2006.

WWE Friday Night Smackdown comes directly from Colorado. Fresh off the face of Judgement Day, we are in for an incredibly show. Rey Mysterio managed to defy all the odds once again, when he defended his World Heavyweight title against the viscious JBL. JBL won't be a happy camper, but he'll be able to relieve some frustration when he takes on Chavo Guerrero in singles competition. Our WWE champion won't have an easy night either. He's booked in a singles match against our newly crowned King Of The Ring; Booker T.

It was certainly an interesting night for Brian Kendrick and Paul London at Judgement Day, they defeated MNM to win the tag team titles. The controversy surrounded Melina and Nitro's actions after the bout. Will they defend their actions or offer an apology this coming Friday?

Confirmed card

JBL Vs Chavo Guerrero

Rey Mysterio Vs Booker T

Gregory Helms Vs Tatanka

Bobby Lashley Vs Fit Finlay

Edited by Lost Soul

Friday Night Smackdown Results

June 2nd, 2006.

Fit Finlay Vs Bobby Lashley

Finlay and Lashley kicked off Smackdown this week, and both men were certainly looking to gain the upper hand following Judgement Day. Lashley was upset as Finlay's interferance in his contest with Booker T, and he didn't hold back, hitting Finlay with move after move. Finlay had a hard time getting a shot at Lashley. Lashley covered his tracks well, and dominated Finlay from the get go. Finlay, sensing an opportunity, rolled out, under the bottom rope. Finlay had had enough, and was in search of his trusted shillelagh. Lashley, realising what Finlay was up to, went to the outside, and speared Finlay into the side of the barricade. The match couldn't continue, as it coincided in a mass brawl between the two at ringside. Referees, road agents and various wrestlers came out to seperate the two. This war certainly hasn't finished by all means.

Double Disqualification

Overall rating = 61%

Crowd reaction = 60%

Match quality = 62%

******COMMERCIAL******

JBL was in the ring, occupied with a microphone in hand. His face portrayed the picture of a very unhappy man. JBL received a mixed reaction from the Colorado crowd. JBL talked about how the "premature penis" Rey Mysterio had cheated him out of the World Heavyweight title. It didn't go down well with the crowd at all. JBL ranted on and on about how he was screwed, and about how he didn't give two damns what the crowd thought of him. Out of no where came the World Heavyweight champion. Mysterio had had enough. He flew over the top rope, but JBL was surprisingly prepared and caught him, gracefully. JBL rammed Mysterio into the mat. It was nothing but a mere beatdown. JBL finished off with the World Heavyweight title in the air, pointing at it, and shouting it was his.

Overall rating = 76%

******COMMERCIAL******

Funaki Vs Super Crazy

Both superstars traded quick maneuvers. Super Crazy had an early advantage when he hit a northern lariat, but he only managed a two-count. Funaki took Crazy over with a side-headlock takedown. A typical cruiserweight match. Super Crazy went over the top rope, hitting a splash onto the unprepared Funaki. The finish came when Funaki managed to roll up Super Crazy, after Crazy went for a tornado DDT. Funaki received a little help from the ropes.

Winner via pinfall - Funaki

Overall rating = 69%

Crowd reaction = 65%

Match quality = 71%

A video package aired highlighting Mark Henry's immense strength. It ended with the clip of Henry standing tall over the broken body of Kurt Angle, at Judgement Day.

65%

Gunner Scott Vs Mark Henry

An absolute squash, nothing else. Scott had no offense whatsoever. Henry hit a "jumping" splash into the turnbuckle, before rolling Gunner into the ring, and hitting the worlds strongest slam for the 3 count.

Winner via pinfall - Mark Henry

Overall rating = 58%

Crowd reaction = 54%

Match quality = 63%

******COMMERCIAL******

As we come back from the break we go backstage where Shawn Daivari is standing in the office with Theodore Long. Daivari demands that The Great Khali receive a World Heavyweight title shot, tonight. Long informs Daivari that Mysterio is involved in another contest. Daivari isn't impressed, and walks off saying "We'll do it our way then".

Overall rating = 70%

Gregory Helms Vs Tatanka

Helms is hot off a win at Judgement Day, and the Cruiserweight champion looked in good shape as he took his impressive in ring skills to the aging Tatanka. Tatanka has been pretty decent over the past few weeks, and he was able to put up a decent challange to the young Helms. Helms wasted no time, and went early for the headshot with his conveted Cruiserweight strap, but Tatanka was able to duck, and countered with a right hand, followed up by ramming Helms' head into the padded turnbuckle. Helms held out though, he held out well, and was able to finish Tatanka off, this time by successfully using his Cruiserweight title, to his advantage.

Winner via pinfall - Gregory Helms

Overall rating = 66%

Crowd reaction = 63%

Match quality = 70%

After the contest Helms was confronted by Matt Hardy. Hardy went on air to offer his disgust at the tactics Helms often used. Hardy demanded a shot at the Cruiserweight champion, there and then, but Helms refused and offered him the chance next week. Hardy played to the crowd, delighted at his Cruiserweight title shot next week, Helms, like a shark to blood, smelt the opening, and attacked Hardy from behind.

Overall rating = 66%

*****COMMERCIAL*****

We come back to find Daivari in the ring alongside his client; The Great Khali. Khali paces himself about the ring, randomly screaming at the crowd. Daivari preaches about how great The Great Khali is, and how no man alive could defeat him. Daivari offered any wrestler in the back a chance at going down in history for slaying the tallest and most punishing man in the world. Seconds passed, and suddenly, the lights dimmed. Taker's voice spoke throughout the arena. "Daivari.....in 14 days I will rise...from the dead..ready to take your prodigy to the fiery depths of HELL!". The lights went back on to reveal Daivari looking rather shocked, but The Great Khali wasn't shocked whatsoever, he again, started shouting random things, which nobody could understand.

Overall rating = 48%

JBL Vs Chavo Guerrero

Guerrero was there to celebrate with Rey Mysterio at Judgement Day, but tonight was nothing to celebrate, as JBL took every bit of frustration out on Chavo. Chavo had been beaten, badly, and he held himself up via the ropes. Things went from bad to worse, when the referee was distracted. JBL, horrifically, choked Guerrero with his United States title strap. Off the ropes, and it was all over, as JBL hit Chavo with his clothesline from hell for the pinfall.

Winner via pinfall - JBL

Overall rating = 71%

Crowd reaction = 74%

Match quality = 65%

******Commercial******

Theodore Long stood on stage, with a microphone in his grasp. He announced the return of Tough Enough. He gave details signalling the contest would start in August, running through to October. 13 wrestlers would be participating for the lucrative $1,000,000 contract.

Overall rating = 68%

Rey Mysterio Vs Booker T

Hyped up throughout the show. This match looked promising. Booked traded punch after punch with Mysterio, before getting the advantage thanks to his wife Sharmell, at ringside. Booker delivered a knee to the gut, and followed him with an axe kick, late on in the contest. To his utter surprise, Mysterio kicked out, and the crowd went wild. Booker delivered various kicks all over Mysterio's body, but Mysterio no-sold, and was able to get to his feet before hitting a dropkick. Booker was in place, and Mysterio hit his 619 to a thunderous reaction. JBL ran down to ringside, and dragged the referee, feet first, out of the ring. JBL laid the referee out with a wild right hand. Mysterio went over the top rope, landing neatly on JBL. Booker gathered himself, and staggered about the ring, confused at what was going on. Lashley ran in, and speared Booker, his second spear of the night. Mysterio hit a springboard legdrop for the win.

Winner via pinfall = Rey Mysterio

Overall rating = 82%

Crowd reaction = 86%

Match quality = 75%

Smackdown went off the air with the clip of JBL, trying to stand up with the help of the apron, and Mysterio on the ramp with his World Heavyweight title held in the air.

Edited by Lost Soul

Good show,the Booker T Vs Rey Mysterio match actually sounded pretty good.

It will be interesting to see what the Undertaker does when he returns and keeping the Lashley and booker feud alive should keep both men busy until Booker get's his world title shot for winning "king of the ring".

The Nash storyline sound's interesting as well, keep up the good work.

Edited by Lex Luther

A good first show.. I like your style and I'll be reading. There were a few things though...

Storyline wise as far as I'm aware Chavo is still 'retired' and if he has returned why is he now on Smackdown! without explanation other than his JD appearance?

No appearance from MNM or Kendrick/London despite it being mentioned in the preview and as far as I know Nitro and Melina are 'fired' so shouldn't be on SD! anyway.

Tatanka has been gone for a few weeks and his return been hyped by videos.. you just have him back as if he never went away which wasn't that bad but you wrote "Tatanka has been pretty decent over the past few weeks"

I also didn't see the point in two Khali segments.. the first one seemed un-needed. Where was Benoit? But your probably keeping to his real life injury?

Complaining Over and this is what I liked about it;

Lashely vs Final feud being continued is good because I like long feuds.. although not sure why he attacked Booker in the ME.. curious to see what your going to build it up to?

I'd say I didn't see the point in the Mark Henry video.. but I'm assuming that it was to get Kurt on the show? Which is perfectly fine.

Hardy and Helms should be good considering their history and while I'm not a fan of hardy in the CW division he has nothing better to do so thats all good.

Hopefully Taker will return and get rid of Khali.

All in all a good start and well written.. sorry to rant on so much but I have a lot of spare time on my hands today..

A good first show.. I like your style and I'll be reading. There were a few things though...

Storyline wise as far as I'm aware Chavo is still 'retired' and if he has returned why is he now on Smackdown! without explanation other than his JD appearance?

PWInsider news

Word backstage on the Smackdown brand is that the wrestlers are openly sceptical about their positions on the brand. With Vince running things, everybody believes everything and anything is possible. With Vince's track-record of supporting big guys, over the smaller, supposidly "inferior" wrestlers, Rey Mysterio's title reign could be doomed. A backstage wrestler told us that "Morale is improving. Things look better, and we don't dread working on the show, anymore. Vince is a positive force, and he's trying his best to help everyone out."

WWE may be preparing a Funaki turn. It seems as if this turn was kicked off on Smackdown, when Funaki used the ropes to garner a win against Super Crazy. With Funaki's past record of being a heel tarnished as an upset-jobber, one hopes that this isn't the case this time round. Watch out for Funaki over the upcoming weeks.

Update on Nash: Kevin Nash has denied contact with the WWE. Nash said he has an obligation to fulfill with TNA, and that Bruce Pritchard, is a friend, and their meeting had no talk about a return to the WWE. Yeah, right, Kevin.

Doug Basham! Yeah, remember ol' Doug? He's all set for a Smackdown return, and he's been saddled with a new gimmick. We've been asked not to reveal the upcoming gimmick, and we shall respect this request. However, if talk is true, then things look good for Doug. It's worth checking out, that's for sure.

Smackdown received a 6.17 rating. A massive increase. The highest part of the show was the main event, whilst the lowest was the rather boring Khali / Taken segment. RAW scored a 6.47, and iMPACT a 4.47.

Velocity Results

4th June, 2006

Jamie Noble defeated Vito with a moonsault.

Sylvan defeated Scotty 2 Hotty with a rollup.

Funaki defeated Gunner Scott after using a chair.

William Regal defeated Paul Birchall after using 'nucks'.

Edited by Lost Soul

8th June, 2006

This weeks Smackdown will be direct from New York City, and we aren't going to hold back from the drama in the Big Apple, as fireworks are certain to go off, this week on Smackdown. Last week, Bobby Lashley, sensationally cost Booker T a win over World Heavyweight champion Rey Mysterio. In this weeks main event, Rey Mysterio will take on JBL in singles action.

Shawn Daivari was obviously concerned about The Undertaker's 14 day message. It's now 7 days away, will we find out more about this dark message?

Brian Kendrick and Paul London will put their newly-won tag titles on the line for the very first time when they take on the team of Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki.

Finlay will be able to get back on winning track this week, when he takes on Road Warrior Animal.

He didn't appear last week, which led many to believe he was injured at the hands of Mark Henry at Judgement Day. Will we see Kurt Angle this week?

We'll also have a HUGE announcement from Vince McMahon himself. A message which supposidly will change the face of Smackdown, forever. What is this message all about?

Find out, this week on Friday Night Smackdown!

Confirmed card

Cruiserweight title - Gregory Helms © Vs Matt Hardy

Finlay Vs Road Warrior Animal

WWE Tag Team Titles - Brian Kendrick & Paul London © Vs Scotty 2 Hotty & Funaki

Rey Mysterio Vs JBL

Edited by Lost Soul

(Y) this is getting very interesting now and I'm enjoying it, The Undertaker's 7 day message is hopefully gonna be good and the rivalry's are taking off too.

The Return of Angle and special announcement off Vince McMahon sound very promising also thanks for the Velocity results as well, the match im really looking forward to reading is Matt Hardy's and Gregory Helm's it would be cool if Shannon Moore is involved but you cant have everything lol.

Thanks for the update Lost soul this is a cool diary.

Friday Night Smackdown Results

June 8th, 2006.

Smackdown opened up this week with Mr. McMahon. McMahon was smiling, from cheek to cheek. McMahon bombared the New York crowd with questions about why New York was so successful and how good the economy in the United States was. McMahon stated that it was all down to him, and his product. McMahon listed off numerous accomplishments of his, Wrestlemania, how he really defeated Bret Hart, winning the Royal Rumble, and later the WWE title, and last but not least, how he currently has the upper-hand on Shawn Michaels, over on RAW. The crowd rhymed off numerous chants of "HBK", and "D-X". McMahon then went on to explain to the crowd that he had another genius idea. He repeated himself numerous times with the word "Confinement", the crowd repeated with "WHAT?". McMahon explained that Confinement would be an upcoming Smackdown PPV, infact, it would take place THIS MONTH. Vince said that it wouldn't just be another typical WWE PPV, it would have something unique and special; the first ever solitary-confinement match. Vince explained that 6 men would appear, in a cage at once and battle it out. There would be ONE fall; pin, submission or successfully climbing out of the cage, with two feet both on the arena floor. McMahon stated that Rey Mysterio, would defend his World Heavyweight title in the Solitary-Confinement match. He also explained that we would have two qualifying round matches tonight, with both winners gaining a pass to a shot at the World Heavyweight title at Confinement. Vince also announced a following two more qualifying rounds for next week.

79%

******COMMERCIAL******

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match

Gregory Helms © Vs Matt Hardy

Both exchanged quick, hard-hitting moves. Hardy busted Helms' mouth open with a hard elbow shot, and followed up with a face buster, working comfortably on Helms' face. Hardy chased the match for the majority of the contest, and the Cruiserweight title on many occasions looked to be within reaching touch, but Helms wasn't going to give up that easily. Helms fought back, using dirty-under-handed tactics such as the lowblow and the thumb to the eye. Both men slugged it out, both men chasing one title. Out of no where, came Jamie Noble. Noble distracted the referee, which gave Helms the opportunity to lay out Hardy with his prized possesion. It was all over, Noble had screwed Hardy.

Winner via pinfall - Gregory Helms

Overall rating = 83%

Crowd reaction = 70%

Match quality = 93%

Helms offered a handshake to Noble, however, Noble had other ideas. He pointed at Helms, stating the title belonged to him, before rolling under the bottom rope, as Smackdown went to it's second break of the night.

******COMMERCIAL******

We come back from the break and head backstage. Kurt Angle arrives, and is straight away in contact with Mark Henry. Henry and Angle staredown. Angle grins at Henry, before indicating that he'd pay a heavy price quite soon. Henry laughed the statement off, and pushed Angle who retaliated with a push. Both men were seperated by officials.

81%

A video package is aired next, highlighting the arrival of "The Enforcer: Doug Basham". The package contains scenes of Basham enforcing the law on petty criminals for the most outrageous "offences". The package finishes with Basham smiling at the camera before saying "Just doing my job."

56%

William Regal Vs Psychosis

Up next was this contest. Psychosis dazzled Regal with his lightning air ability, and he used it to a great affect. Regal couldn't get a look in, at all. Psychosis went off the ropes, and flipped over Regal landing a sunset flip for a fast two count. Regal was upset, and tried his best to get back into the contest. He gave patented lefts and rights, drilling Psychosis hard, Regal was able to gather himself, and with a cheap thumb to the eye he cleverly rolled up Psychosis, with the old tug of the pants for the three count.

Winner via pinfall - William Regal

Overall rating = 76%

Crowd reaction = 71%

Match quality = 81%

******COMMERCIAL******

The Great Khali Vs Orlando Jordan

This "match" was over in just under twenty seconds. Orlando came in, good a big boot, followed up by the headchop and that was that.

Winner via pinfall - The Great Khali

Overall rating = 53%

Crowd reaction = 42%

Match quality = 62%

The Great Khali and Daivari waited, anxiously on any sign of The Undertaker. They didn't get one, and walked backstage. Daivari was delighted and paraded his happiness. Khali followed Daivari and both men went off to their lockerroom. The cameras followed, awkwardly behind both men. "7 Days.." Daivari fell back in surprise..this was the message that was presented on their lockerroom door. Presented..in blood. Khali shouted "NO, NO, NO" and punched the door dramatically.

42%

WWE Tag Team Titles

Brian Kendrick & Paul London © Vs Funaki & Scotty 2 Hotty

It was all on the line in this match. Kendrick and London worked well, cementing their partnership, and with this sort of performance no wonder they were WWE tag team champions. Funaki refused to tag in Scotty, and when the tag was given, Scotty was driven to the mat, hard, by a double team dropkick. The finish came about when Scotty offered the tag to Funaki who refused. Scotty was hit by a beautiful tiger-driver, a present from Kendrick.

Winner via pinfall - Brian Kendrick & Paul London

Overall rating = 77%

Crowd reaction = 63%

Match quality = 93%

******COMMERCIAL******

A video package airs hyping the upcoming qualifying match.

Confinement Qualifying Match

Bobby Lashley Vs Road Warrior Animal

Michael Cole, throughout the match, stated that he believed Road Warrior Animal still had a title run left in him. Tazz disputed this. Lashley controlled the majority of the contest. Animal had his own fair share of moments, but he couldn't raise his game to the level that was required. Lashley nearly finished it off when he powerslam dropped Animal into the turnbuckle. Lashley was showing no weakness. Animal went for a wild left, but Lashley ducked and sweeped him off his feet with a russian legsweep. Back and forth it went, Lashley finally ended the contest, with a spear into the corner.

Winner via pinfall - Bobby Lashley

Overall rating = 62%

Crowd reaction = 57%

Match quality = 68%

----------------------------

Bobby Lashley has qualified for the Solitary-Confinement contest

----------------------------

Confinement Qualifying Match

Booker T Vs Tatanka

Booker T has had a good few weeks in the WWE, bar last week in which Lashley cost him in his match against Rey Mysterio. Booker wasn't going to be playing games tonight. Booker hit Tatanka with a few slaps, the sound echoed throughout the arena. Tatanka was able to get back in the match after a sloppy clothesline. He couldn't counter though, and Booker put him down to the canvas with a solid spinning-wheel kick. Tatanka was unlucky and came close after a spinebuster slam, but Booker was able to finish off an all round above average match with the axe kick.

Winner via pinfall - Booker T

Overall rating = 72%

Crowd reaction = 73%

Match quality = 71%

---------------------------

Booker T has qualified for the Solitary-Confinement contest

---------------------------

******COMMERCIAL******

JBL is seen getting ready for his match backstage. He tells Kristal that he is about to put an end to this "Rey Mysterio bug, once and for alL".

Rey Mysterio Vs JBL

JBL, laid into the World Heavyweight champion. Mysterio put up a strong fight, hitting dropkicks, and coming off the ropes and turnbuckle with his usual antics. Mysterio swung around JBL, and went for a bulldog, but JBL was able to reverse it into an atomic drop. Mysterio who has defied many odds in his wrestling career, once again had the odds stacked up against him. JBL was frustrated, he just couldn't seem to finish Rey off. JBL went for his clothesline from hell, but Mysterio ducked and hit a dropkick. Mysterio went off the ropes and went for his patented 619, but JBL dived, and Mysterio missed. JBL went for a chair at ringside, but Mysterio noticed his antics, and flew over the top rope, defying the rules of gravity with a tilt-o-ware-twist, connecting lovely on top of JBL who crumbled to the floor. Mysterio rolled JBL into the ring and covered him for the victory.

Winner via pinfall - Rey Mysterio

Overall rating = 87%

Crowd reaction = 93%

Match quality = 76%

Smackdown went off the air once again with the World Heavyweight champion celebrating. He had defied JBL once again, and defeated him, even when the win didn't matter.

Edited by Lost Soul

PWInsider News

Vince McMahon is supposidly very happy with the ratings Smackdown has been receiving as of late. With no major change visible on the show, how anyone can be the wiser about McMahon running the show beats me. Maybe it was just a patch all wrestling shows go through? Either way, Smackdown has definitely been improving.

If you wish not to be spoiled, then don't read the following

We can confirm that Kevin Nash has signed a 6 month contract with the WWE. Word is that he'll be appearing on RAW, but that hasn't been set in stone, and could easily change.

Smackdown dropped to a 6.04 rating, a slump of .12. These ratings are still superb, but management will want to attain the highest possible rating.

Kid Kash has sensationally admitted he has a drug problem. 35 year old Kash is held in high regard by WWE management, and it looks like they will be supporting him throughout this difficult moment in his life.

WWE have announced a sponsorship deal with X-Box. The deal is said to be awarding the WWE $750,000 a show, which is an absurd amount.

i'm liking this diary lost soul. I like the format and the way you are writing it. the solitary-confinement match sounds cool. i'll be looking forward to it. and i hope that you keep the quick progress going. it's good to be able to read new results everyday

oh and Road Warrior Animal is now just Road Warrior (Y) just so you know

Okey Dokey, I'll review this bad boy while I read it.

A pretty generic Backstory but it at least explains why things will be changing on the beloved Smackdown. Be interesting to see who Vince wants brought in. I'm expecting they will be hosses.

Isn't Nash signed to a written deal to TNA?

I was going to comment on the date but you already basically said you'll ignore that little inconsitency. So will I. Kind of.

It looks like your skipping a possible Booker v. Lashley feud in prefernce for continuing Finlay/Lashley. Not necessarily a bad thing but Lashley did spear Booker through a throne. You'd think that is an issue that needs to be resolved.

I sort of would have liked JBL to move on. He is the US champion and as long as he feuds with Rey, the US title will be ignored. I don't like that.

Wow, a Funaki push! It must be that time of the year again.

I recognize that Henry needs to be squashing people in order to get over as a monster. I disagree with Gunner Scott as your choice. WWE had been pushing Scott fairly well before this night. This one squash basically kills the Gunner push dead. He's now basically in the same spot as Hardy and Burchill, do we really need another talented guy that jobs every week? The bigger problem I have is the impact this would do to Booker. Booker has been pinned by Scott on two occasions. Yet Henry just squashed him like a bug. This makes Booker seem pretty insignificant since he can't beat someone who is essentially a jobber. Poor booking choice here.

Tatanka has been hyped for weeks through video packages about his return to Smackdown. Then he jobs? What a waste of money. I think, Helms could have been better showcased in a match with a Cruiser.

Blah, no interest in 'Taker resurrecting again. This isn't your fault because this is obviously the direction WWE is going. I'm just tired of it. I don't really know what alternative you could have done.

Um, I thought Chavo quit wrestling???? All of sudden he is in Rey's corner for a match and he is fine with wrestling again? Big plot hole there. You should have at least done a segment earlier that would have had Chavo give a reason why he is suddenly unretired. Chavo's big return is to job!?!

Looks like the Lashley/Booker issue isn't forgotten. I spoke too soon. Oopsy.

Uh, what happend to the comments from Melina and Nitro? Or any mention of that? It was promised in the preview yet we got nothing. Did you forget? Oh well, probably better since in real life the two are suspended and wouldn't be on TV.

An okay show. Some small plot holes but all in all, a good starting point. You've continued some of the stories that need to continue and have started up some interesting new ones. I'd still rather Rey move on to someone new. Sad, that Benoit got nothing this week. Especially when Funaki got some exposure. Something that I can't see the real WWE or Vince doing.

I don't think WWE promised a World Title shot for winning KOTR. This is directed more at a commenter than anything you have mentioned.

It looks like someone has already addressed lots of things that I brought up. I still think you really should have explained Chavo being in the ring better than you you did -- which was, you didn't explain at all.

Meh, Gunner jobs on Velocity too. You've basically pissed away eveyrthing the WWE did with him. Booker loses to Gunner but Funaki beats him! Come on!

Once again, I don't think KOTR was for a title shot. Did Teddy ever claim that it was???? Brock's KOTR win was the only time it was ever for a title shot.

Next Smackdown. . .

Ugh, not a fan of the Confinement match. It sounds like a poor man's Elimination Chamber. Smackdown doesn't need to be percieved anymore as a B-show to Raw. Now they steal ideas but they aren't even as good?

I like Noble being used. It'll be cool to see if this leads to him being a face. Or are things heading towards several guys chasing after the title???

Basham's gimmick has potential of being comedy gold. Or Wrestlecrap. Either way, it'll be fun for a few weeks at least. After that, he's probably Velocity bound.

Orlando should have been the guys for Henry to squash last week. That's guy who needs to be repackaged or he's doomed to jobberdom.

Uh, Finlay was supposed to be fighitng Animal??? Do you do the previews before you simulate? Anyway, face v. heel is a better combo than heel v. heel.

Hmm, Tatanka and Animal gets shots to be in a World title match???? Smackdown's roster is weak.

'Even when the win didn't matter'? What does that mean? I'm assuming it was non title thus it didn't matter as much if Rey lost? Anyway, hopefully, the confinement match isn't a way to prolong the blow off for JBL v. Rey. JBL needs to be defending his title before it loses value.

Okay, so decent first few shows. Not the biggest fan of not writing out the interviews. I'm glad you didn't dramatically change the product after only one show. It looks like it'll be a gradual thing. This diary definitely has some potential.

Hopefully, I gave you the type of feedback that you wanted from me. I can't promise that I'll be checking this out regurally. Good luck. (Y)

WWE News - UPDATED

Smackdown Firings & Hirings

WWE Smackdown released the following announcement earlier today:

"WWE Smackdown have came to an agreement with the release of the following superstars:

- Jillian Hall

- Sharmell Sullivan"

PWInsider has also learned that Lance Storm could be on his way back to the company. Storm recently retired, but Vince McMahon is "desperate" to get Storm back, and to have him help out on Smackdown. We aren't too sure as to how big McMahon wants him, but a huge contract is believed to have been agreed for Storm's technical expertise.

Maro Copani, formally known as Muhammad Hassan could also be set to return to the company. Hassan was released from the company, last year, after the public outcry over the publication of his unconvenient character.

Edited by Lost Soul

16th June, 2006.

Smackdown comes directly from California, and wow, what a show we have for YOU! With Confinement only 16 days away, things will start to shape up.

Last week Rey Mysterio managed to defy the odds, once again when he defeated JBL in a non-title match. Rey Mysterio will be up against it tonight, again, when he defends his World Heavyweight title against Booker T.

That wasn't the only thing that captured the eyes of many! Bobby Lashley and Booker T both qualified for the Solitary-Confinement match at Confinement. We'll have two more qualifying rounds when Mark Henry will meet William Regal. The second qualifying round is one for the ages, when JBL will meet Kurt Angle.

Gregory Helms will go up against Scotty 2 Hotty in singles action.

And if that isn't good enough for ya' then watch out, as Lashley will take on Finlay in a bar-room brawl.

Confirmed Card

Solitary Confinement Qualifying Round

Mark Henry Vs William Regal

Solitary Confinement Qualifying round

JBL Vs Kurt Angle

Gregory Helms Vs Scotty 2 Hotty

Bar Room Brawl

Finlay Vs Lashley

World Heavyweight title

Rey Mysterio © Vs Booker T