CHRISSTEELEATEMYHAMSTER VS KEITH CLARK

GRANDE FINALE

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster vs Keith Clark

Sorry for the delay, gentlemen... got wrapped up a bit in my vacation and couldn't think up some suitable rules. Now I'm ready to, but first to explain the grande finale to everyone a bit better then I have so far.

The Grande Finale is going to consist of three 'rounds': the graphic designers will be making three graphics to three seperate rules. The first graphic will be judged normally (Wildcat, Dawson and myself). The second graphic will be judged by an OUTSIDE panel of judges. The third graphic, should there be a tie after the first two, will be voted on by the EWB community ala a standard battle. However, due to the size of the tournament, it won't be first to anything: the voting will go on for a few days before the polls are closed, and whoever has the most votes from the community will win.

So... now onto the rule sets:

ROUND ONE

Story: An art show has sprang up recently in an area near you, but it's not exactly a standard one. What they're asking of you is to take a classical art piece... and place animals in it. No no, we're not talking something like a kitten in Mona Lisa's lap... we're talking about a kitten being Mona Lisa.

Basic Rules: Take any painting at all you want to from the classical/renaissance era and, essentially, place an animal in a human's place. Creativity and originality is awarded, and it would be a good idea to make the animal appear as though it was originally in the painting. Slapping a tiger's face over Mona Lisa when the tiger still looks like it was cut out from an image may not be the best of ideas, after all.

Restrictions: To challenge you guys a little, I *am* restricting the rules to only permit renaissance era artwork... so get to searching for something you like! No Salvadore Dali's or Pablo Picasso's here... it HAS to be from the renaissance. If you need any ideas for paintings/painters, try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance

Restrictions: Just try to be inventive, pretty much. Work as large as you want to, but if it's outlandishly large just link to it with a smaller image posted here. For example: if your image is 1000x1000, just post a smaller 500x500 shrunk down version here and link to the real version through it.

Deadline: July 3rd

ROUND TWO

Story: Snopes.com has started a contest in which graphic designers are invited to take one of the urban legends posted on their site-- be it proven true or false-- and make a graphic out of it. Originality is a plus, and they ask that designers leave a reference for new viewers as to what legend they used in the making of their graphic, rather than just making it and leaving it as is.

Basic Rules: Visit www.snopes.com and find yourself a good urban legend from their list of urban legends. Then, find a way to portray this legend through your graphic design, doing your best at keeping it as close to the legend as possible (detail = brownie points!)

Restrictions: You may not use any text in your entry. It must properly portray the urban legend without the use of text, and you should provide a link to the snopes entry where your graphic idea came from. Size doesn't matter, just keep it reasonable.

Deadline: Sunday, August 6th

Edited by The Mask of Norro

eh feel free to extend the deadline

it is the final after all

I've got something to submit, but if you want to push it back a bit, I'll gladly go for that. It'll give me time to work on it some more.

I'd be willing to extend it until Friday, would that work?

Because this coming weekend I'll be moving into my new apartment up in Tampa, so Friday night at the latest would be the best time to get it in.

Hamster, I really don't want Keith to win by default here... this was a good tournament (albeit prolonged), PLEASE get something in.

Hrm, I PMed Hamster earlier in the day over this issue. If he doesn't reply/post an attempt by the end of the week, Keith will get this round by forfeit... irritatingly enough.

Very sorry for the confusion Keith, hopefully this will get sorted out. I'd hate to see you go through this thing having done so well and just win by default x_o

PMing dawson and Wildcat for their judgements now, hopefully we can get round two coming soon enough.