CHRISSTEELEATEMYHAMSTER VS KEITH CLARK

MY JUDGING

KEITH CLARK

----------------

Pros: When I saw this piece I was quite literally awestruck. An incredible adaptation of the rules, and a perfect execution of placing the animal heads on and just making them look like they'd already been there. The duck, the subtle feather-arm (that was a VERY nice touch!)... it all just looks so incredible!

Cons: The pig head is the ONLY thing I can pick at-- it seems just a tad bit out of place. Maybe it's the quality on the features of the pig (eyes, the edges of the head against everything behind it, etc.), but something about it just kind-of puts me a bit off. On a whole, however, it's a fantastic piece.

CSAMH

---------

Pros: Bwahahahaha, when I first saw this piece I cracked up laughing and staring at my screen in shock and horror at what was before me. Hamtaro on a Da Vinci piece, I really should have seen that coming. It's almost disturbing, looking at that thing's face on that body. Well played, Hamster, very well played. The coloring is just about right, and it's simple yet effective.

Cons: I do have to say 'just about' because it does seem as though the head is just a bit darker then the rest and, as an aside, is quite huge the way you've placed it. I'd have hoped to see a transition into the neck of somekind, but I understand that part alone would be quite difficult as well. On a whole, it isn't a BAD piece at all-- it's actually quite effective-- but for it's simplicity it doesn't hold the qualities needed to make it a strong piece.

MY DECISION

With Keith, he not only went out of his way to take a difficult-to-work-with painting and use it masterfully, but the legitimate look of it all really drives home that this is a quality work. With the pig's head being the only out-of-place-looking object, Keith has created something that looks as though it really could have been the original.

With Hamster, he went down a simpler route and used an easier-to-modify work, yet used it fairly effectively. The Hamtaro head is disturbing to look at on that body, I have to say, but it does look a bit sloppy. For something so simple, it really did need to have a higher quality transition on that head to push it further forward and, unfortunately, I don't feel it did.

With that said... I'm going to have to give this first round to Keith Clark, as in my eyes his was still clearly the higher-quality entry.

ALLDAWSON'S JUDGING

KEITH CLARK

----------------

Pros: Great manipulation and job on the colouring to match the original.

Cons: What cons?

CSAMH

---------

Pros: While it's quite simple, it's a good manipulation. If someone who hadn't seen the original were to look at it, despite finding it weird, they may well think it's the original.

Cons: Colours are a tad off, not a lot been done to the original.

ALLDAWSON'S DECISION

I like both entries, think they've both done a good job of manipulating the original piece. I'm voting Keith Clark, though as I feel his was more inventive and the colouring was better.

WILDCAT'S JUDGING

KEITH CLARK

----------------

Pros: I will say that I love this piece. The coloring of the mallard is spot on and all the blending work looks excellent. I could see this easilly hanging in the gallery. wow.

Cons: The pigs head on the baby's body looks a bit off, I think the coloring is just a tiny bit off and the head itself may be a little bit too big but not much. I also find the feather/hand a little wierd, I'm not an expert on mallard wings though so it may be done perfectly but it looks a bit strange to me as the white and blue parts look like one piece and the brown and black half looks like its a seperate wing or something.

CSAMH

Pros: This is inovative and it takes a really well known print and definately makes you have to look at it more than once which is a great thing for any graphic. I also love the of mice or men overtext to the piece.

Cons: The mouse's head is a bit wide which is probably because of the problem getting a head like that on a human neck. Its also a bit simplistic for a finals piece expecially with all the great works of the period to choose from.

WILDCAT'S DECISION

I love both of these, this is what a finals should look like but I think I'm going to go with KIETH CLARK becuase his graphic is truly stunning and the color, compositon and origionality of what he did is simply great stuff.

FINAL RESULT

Well, round one of the grande finale is over and Keith Clark now has 1 point to his name. I'd like to say that the both of you put out a great effort for the first round, and I thank you both for your patience.

Alright everyone, next round's rules should be up later tonight. REMEMBER: This was the last round myself, Wildcat and Dawson will be judging. Second round judging falls on an outside panel I'll be recruiting.

Should we enter the third round, it will then be up to the EWB community to vote for a winner.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Nice work CSAMH.

Sorry about the coloring on the pigs head. It was worse apparently, (I'm a bit color blind as most of you know) my first draft the pig was green according to my mother. :pinch:

Round Two's rules have been posted guys... hopefully we'll have a winner before the end of August <_<

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What's the sound of one hand clapping?

Now never bring this thread to the fore again.... :shifty:

lol.

Would you say that if you were winning?