O.C. Finale Question

WS1

Does anyone know what the piece of music’s called in the series finale of the O.C. when Marissa dies and Ryan’s holding her? Goes something like "Baby I’ve been here before" and "Alleluia".

Oh, I'd just say. The Finale = the only good thing to happen in the last 2 series (Besides Seth's occasional comedy goodness, but that's hardly worth watching for). It needed to happen if the show was going to make another year. Hopefully they can pull something out of their arse and make it fairly entertaining. As the only thing good about the show besides the women was stoner Seth....and the kick arse soundtracks. But again. Not worth watching for.

I was a devout OC fan until about midway through the current season, but I got tired of the constant missed opportunities (Taylor/Seth's teased romance, Anna/Seth's romance, any woman with Ryan other than Marissa) and repeat storylines (every Marissa storyline). I also got fed up with seeing interesting characters come into the scene and then either move away or die in a car accident/tragic fall.

I was a devout OC fan until about midway through the current season, but I got tired of the constant missed opportunities (Taylor/Seth's teased romance, Anna/Seth's romance, any woman with Ryan other than Marissa) and repeat storylines (every Marissa storyline). I also got fed up with seeing interesting characters come into the scene and then either move away or die in a car accident/tragic fall.

Yeah when Ryan was holding her and they were showing flash backs, thats when it used to be good, back in the day when he was getting in fights every other week. I can't stand how he's gone now. I do reckon that the next series will be better though, the third series of anything is never usual as good as the first two.

My dream OC cast (not-withstanding stupid character writeouts) would have been:

Ryan: Can't leave out everyone's favourite brooding badass, even though the 'badass' has taken a back seat :(

Seth: Preferably without the Summer relationship. It was awesome early on, but it got tired.

Marissa: Back when she was popular and clean cut. Her brushes with drug addiction, alcoholism, and petty theft were cheesy and cliched.

Summer: Same as above. She was better when she was mean.

Anna: Pre relationship with Seth, when she was everybody's favourite girl next door type.

Lindsay: I had a huge soft spot (and a hard spot, heh) for Lindsay. I was so pissed with the shitty way she was written out of the show.

Sandy: Season one and two style. He was more interesting in his Caleb turn, but I preffered him light hearted.

Kirsten: Merely for her presence.

Hayley: See above

Luke: Was a great comic character once he became friends with Seth and Ryan. Miss his contributions

Julie: Back in her bitchier days

Caleb: Same as above

I was never particularly attached to Johnny, Alex, or Teresa (hotness aside) and Oliver really didn't have the longevity for an extended visit.

Oliver was awesome. But really shouldn't be used for anymore episodes. We had the Oliver fix, it was awesome. I agree, he doesn't have the longetivity. And Taylor Townsend needs to be there. My ideal cast would be (Minus Marissa...there's fuck all you could do to save the character...besides lezzing out, but as a character she was awful. Marissa/Ryan became a pure father/daughter relationship, which makes sense with Jimmy moving away, but it was excecuted so badly. I'm pleased she's dead. Ryan's done the same shit for 2 seasons now. This lets him do something new. And for best friends Summer/Marissa didn't talk to each other a lot :shifty:);

Ryan : Obviously...needs to punch people more.

Seth : Obviously...needs to get stoned more.

Marissa : I said minus Marissa...but I like looking at her, and this way Julie (And Jimmy) would get a more prominent role in my OC (:shifty:)

Summer : I'd stick with the Summer/Seth relationship.

Luke : Great comedy moments. Especially during the Oliver episodes. Man, I miss the old days.

Sandy : Season 1/2, awesome, just awesome.

Kirsten : Pre-sober days. She was always better when she couldn't cook damnit. They ruined a 2 season joke.

Caleb : As the horrible, horrible man that only he can be...rather than Sandy 'becoming Caleb', I'd love to have seen Caleb take Seth under his wing, grooming him to be like him....oh the funniness that could come from that

Jimmy : I always liked Jimmy as a character. Post marriage break-up with Julie.

Julie : Back in her bitchy days. With Caleb still.

Taylor : Yes, yes, yes. Funny stuff.

Trey : Never reached the full potential. IMO. Could do some really good stuff with him.

Anna : I want Anna there. But not sure what doing. Anna/Taylor would bring up some funny moments though, surely?

Hayley and that woman who used to work with Sandy can still be there for occasional appearences/visual relief.

Oh man, I definitely agree on Taylor and Trey. Taylor's romantic flirtation with Seth could have been so much better. Then they turned her into Summer's sidekick and I lost all interest.

Trey was badass too. It was so typical of them to write in a cool character and then write him out. In Trey's case, I guess, at least it was a good exit. Johnny, Anna, Lindsay, and Alex weren't so lucky.

For those who care, Mischa Barton is hosting the Friday Night Project in the UK tomorrow night. I think it'd be awful. She seems like the kind of person who would not be able to take a joke, and may be a bit lost with Justin Lee Collins...personally I think it will seem like a forced show. May be pretty good though, like in the way the Barrymore show seemed really forced, but was great because of it.