Genesis Pro Wrestling -- Featuring Bret Hart

Guest BriFidelity

Guest BriFidelity

After all the wrestlers (and Bret) had left and the ring crew was loading everything into the truck. I was hanging outside by the main entrance of the tiny firehouse hall we held our shows in. Sophie was hanging around too, passing out some free GPW swag to some of the fans crazy enough to stick around an hour after the show. Soon enough, I found myself talking to Sophie about the card that'd just transpired, as well as the tv show.

Sophie: Are you sure putting the belt on London was the best idea? I think Chris had a good thing going.

Brian: Paul was the way to go. Chris helped get us on the map, but Paul has a national pedigree, he'll get us more exposure, and he's a better wrestler.

Sophie: I think that national pedigree is the problem. From the outside, it looks like our champion is a WWE job guy. I don't know if it sends the right image.

Brian: His name value is more important than that. He's the best guy to get us through this transitional period.

Sophie: Transitional period?

Brian: Where we take the emphasis off of guy's on open deals, and more on guys with written contracts.

Sophie: Wouldn't it be better to put the belt on one of the guys under contract?

Brian: I would, but none of them are over enough to put the belt on. The fans would crap on any of them.

Sophie: So Paul's a transition champion?

Brian: Yes and no. Am I formulating a plan to get the belt off of him? Yeah. Do I have the guy and the date picked out already? No.

I thought Sophie had been brought in to analyze the numbers, read fan responses and judge the state of things in general, but her wrestling acumen was impressive.

Brian: Sophie, do you think Bret's doing all right?

Sophie: Yeah. He seemed fine to me.

Brian: I know. He's been doing great, that's what drew my interest. I heard he was in really bad shape after that concussion and the stroke.

Sophie: He's an athlete at heart Brian. He's been spending a lot of time rehabbing, I'm sure he'll make as full of a recovery as possible.

I nodded. That was the kind of intelligence that made Sophie and excellent assistant.

Brian: We're screwed when it comes to TV, aren't we?

Sophie: Probably. The product has been good, but we're just not big enough to draw the viewers.

Brian: Oh well. As long as we're growing with every show, things should be all right.

Sophie: With the market the way it is right now, we should be able to ride the wave pretty high. All we have to do is put a consistent product out there. Look at what happened to NWA:CWF. Their most over guy would be a midcarder here. That's why we're beating them. That's why WWE has guys like Big Show and Kane. The Paul Londons and Billy Kidmans of the world are great, but they're just not over enough right now to carry a promotion with worldwide exposure.

Sophie was nothing like what I thought she'd be on snap judgment. I thought she was a glorified accountant, all businessperson and no real love for the business, but she knew wrestling as well as anyone I've met.

Now, I know what you're thinking -- it'll only be a matter of time before we're sleeping together, but it's definitely not like that. Her personality fit more with what I looked for a buddy, not a girlfriend. Besides, I could never try to start a relationship with someone I had to work so close to.

Brian: Sophie, can I ask a personal question.

She blushed, she was probably thinking what all of you were thinking -- who am I kidding? She was probably thinking what all of you still think.

Brian: No, it's nothing like that. I just wanted to know how you got to know so much about wrestling.

Sophie: I didn't know my father growing up, so I kinda picked up on wrestling to fill up my testosterone quotient. I guess I was looking for male role models, and the good guys like Hulk Hogan and Dusty Rhodes were just as good as any. Plus my mom was a wrestling fan, so it was an easy transition.

I would've loved to chat more, but the ring truck was ready to go. I had to follow the rental truck to the warehouse (ok, fine... to my garage) to unlock the build.. er, garage, for them, then lock up when they left.

Brian: Thanks for stopping to talk. Helped to pass the time.

Sophie: Any time.

Another car swung by. Sophie's boyfriend (see, I told you!) was ready to pick her up. We shook hands and went our separate ways.

Guest BriFidelity

IWA-MS stole Shark Boy from WLW. To make up for the loss, WLW will be booking GPW Champion Paul London, meaning Paul is no longer a GPW exclusive talent.

GPW Revolution: Episode Three (November 19, 2004)

[Note, I forgot to write down the attendance figures, lets just call it 71 because it sounds right.]

Bret Hart opened the show in the ring, looking like he had something important to say.

Bret Hart Announces The Parings For Tonight's Top Contendership Tournament

Bret: I want to start off tonight by congratulating Paul London. Paul fought a good clean fight at The Beginning of the End, and his victory had given us a Genesis Pro Wrestling Champion we can be proud of.

Bret: Tonight, we'll be seeing who will face the new champion at Natural Selection. Ash Parker and Elliott Bumblebum, as two of the fixtures of the first two episodes of Revolution, will get berths into the tournament. As I announced at The Beginning of the End, Black Dragon is involved in the tournament as well, and will face Bumblebum in the first round. In the other first round contest, Ash Parker's pponent will be Billy Fives. Billy tore the house down against Black Dragon a few months ago at Fall Frenzy, and he'll get the chance to do it again tonight if he can beat Ash and Black Dragon can beat Elliott Bumblebum.

Bret: The winner of the tournament won't get the first shot at the title. Two weeks from now, just nine days before Natural Selection, Paul London will defend the GPW Heavyweight Title against one of the biggest superstars in independent wrestling. He has made a name for himself in California and has since expanded himself to Quebec and Puerto Rico. Paul London's first GPW Title Defense will take place two weeks from tonight against the man known only as Super Dragon!

Overall: 76

Black Dragon (w/Frederick Knight) vs Elliott Bumblebum

Surprisingly, Elliott and The Dragon started with a handshake, then locked up, with Bumblebum whipping Dragon into the ropes and going for a backdrop. Dragon turned, backflipped over Bumblebum, then quickly hit Elliott with a dropkick to the back of the knees. Dragon went on to dominate early, using his blinding speed to stay one step ahead of Bumblebum. Elliott mounted a small rally five minutes in by dodging a moonsault press and planting a knee into Dragon's back. Elliott capped off a solid minute and a half of offense with a Bumbleblaster for two. The end came when Black Dragon reversed a Belly to Belly Suplex into a hip throw, followed up with a baseball slide to the kneecap, then finished off with a released Dragon Suplex and a Shooting Star Press for three.

Winner: Black Dragon

Quality: 91

Reaction: 40

Overall: 65

Dames: ***

Ash Parker vs "The Daredevil" Billy Fives

The opening minutes of this fast-paced battle were all Ash Parker, as the paranoid one caught Billy off guard by throwing in some impressive strikes, then worked the knee a bit by applying a spinning toe hold. The toe hold was almost Parker's downfall, as Fives reversed into a small package for two and a half. That near fall turned the tide into The Daredevil's favor, as Fives' superior speed kept him in the drivers seat for most of the remainder of the match, which ended when Billy drove Parker's face into the mat with a forward Russian Legsweep, rolled him onto his back, then followed up with his "High Fives" Shooting Star Legdrop for a three count. Surprisingly, Parker didn't protest a fast count when he finally came to, but muttered something to himself and walked to the back.

Winner: Billy Fives

Quality: 95

Reaction: 47

Overall: 71

Dames: ***1/2

An important word with "The Legend" Frederick Knight

Knight: With yours truly banned from the building five days ago at The Beginning of the End, Bret Hart thought he had my Round Table ripe for the pickings. Little did he know that my boys had the same vigor Ric Flair had when I helped him come back from a beating at the hands of Dick Slater and Bob Orton Jr. to win the World Title in 1983. All three members of my round table were backed against the wall, and they rose to the occasion -- Black Dragon handled that skateboarding punk Tony Kozina with ease, then Sean Casey and JT Smith disposed of Bret Hart's little pet Alex Shelley for good. Mark my words, you'll never see Shelley in a GPW ring again!

Knight: So what does Sean Casey get for scoring completely clean and honest wins over Randy Reeves and Alex Shelley in consecutive months? Nothing! I don't mean to sound like Ash Parker, but something fishy is going in the GPW Matchmaking Office. Frederick Knight's Round Table has become the victim of the biggest conspiracy wrestling has seen since Flair and the Andersons lured Dusty Rhodes into the cage and broke his leg.

Knight: How can you have a tournament for the GPW title and not have Sean Casey involved? That's like having a battle royal without Andre! I suppose Bret got a little bit angry because Sean and JT Smith broke his little pet project Alex Shelley's neck, so he excludes the top gun in GPW from the tournament? That's the worst call a wrestling official has made since Jack Tunney didn't let Ted DiBiase buy the world title belt!

Knight: But Bret couldn't be too obvious in his anti-Round Table stance, so he threw us a bone and allowed Black Dragon to participate in the tournament. That's where you made your biggest mistake Bret. Like a little-known Pat Patterson surging through the ranks in a grueling night in Rio de Janeiro, Black Dragon will take Billy Fives out of commission in just a few minutes and win this tournament. Mark my words Hitman, no matter what you try to do to stop us, The Round Table will take that title from Paul London. Whether it's Casey, The Dragon, JT Smith, or our newest member....

Frederick paused, then smiled gleefully.

Knight: Oops, I almost let the cat out of the bag! Like all great forces in this amazing industry, my round table will soon be four wrestlers strong, and mark my words -- the GPW title will be under my control.

Overall: 59

Frederick Knight gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

For a Title Shot at Natural Selection: Billy Fives vs Black Dragon

The crowd, a few of whom were in the audience for the classic these two put on back at Fall Frenzy in October, were surprisingly hot for this one, and got everything they could have expected, and more. Fives and Dragon were like artists in there, putting on a mesmerizing display of graceful acrobatics and brutal, high-impact fighting. The opening was very back and forth, with Fives taking the early advantage with a picture perfect dropkick and armdrag, only to lose the advantage when an attempted swinging neckbreaker was reversed into a Northern Lights Suplex. Dragon kept the momentum by whipping Fives into the ropes, then coming in with a cartwheel elbow, Great Muta Style. Dragon lost the advantage when his attempted Shoulder Breaker was turned into an inverted DDT by Billy Fives.

The seesaw battle continued for ten amazing minutes, with neither man able to gain a clear cut advantage until Fives hit an incredibly loud Enzugiri near the corner. As Billy went to the top, presumably for the High Fives, Frederick Knight rolled into the ring, covering his client and shoving something into Dragon's mask -- the camera and announcers picking up the move, but not referee Mike Hunter or Fives. Hunter ordered Knight to leave the ring on threat of disqualification, so Knight gladly rolled outside, where he soon fell victim to a flying bodypress from Billy Fives, much to the delight of the crowd. Fives slid into the ring and picked up Dragon, who floored him with a headbutt, then went to the top, where he hit a Shooting Star Press for the win and the title shot at Natural Selection.

Quality: 100 (Dragon + Fives = Magic)

Crowd: 54

Overall: 77

Dames: ****

Overall Rating: 70

Best Segment: Billy Fives vs Black Dragon for the #1 contendership

Worst Segment: Federick Knight interview

Best Match: Fives vs Dragon

Worst Match: Dragon vs Bumblebum

Another week, another 0.00 rating. We may have had our best show ever, but nobody's watching it.

Wrestling World News: November 19-26 2004

Border City Wrestling has surged up to Cult Level, signing LA Park, MMA brawlers Vanderlei Silva and "The Wrestler Killer" Mirko Cro Cop, as well as the timeless Terry Funk. Assault Championship Wrestling went cult as well, signing MMA'ers Frank Shamrock, Mark Coleman and Cro Cop. They also added veteran announcer Lance Russell.

Revolution Pro finally went regional and came to terms on open contracts with Japanese stars Kensuke Sasaki and Genki Sudo (another MMA fighter) as well as GPW's own Sean Casey.

GPW News

GPW closed the week with a PI Rating of 66. We're coming up, and we're coming up quick. The biggest problem right now is that Black Dragon's overness has surged to the point where I'm starting to worry that he'll be swept up by bigger feds before the big title match against London.

Our next big event will be Natural Selection. The only announced match so far has been the GPW Heavyweight Title Match -- Black Dragon vs Paul London, though rumor has it that Bret Hart, GPW's Owner and Commissioner, has booked a second match that has not been announced, and that the match has implications on the GPW title picture.

Next Update: Episode Four of Revolution,where Sean Casey, seen by many as wrongly excluded from the tournament, will be in action in a three way match including Ash Parker and Elliott Bumblebum. In addition, the two newest additions to GPW collide as Austin Pennington Jr. takes on the British Born marine Shellshock.

[EDIT: Reasons for editing explained in next post.]

Edited by BriFidelity

Guest BriFidelity

Well, I screwed up royally.

I stay two or three weeks ahead of the diary in EWR, and I got both the dates and Bret Hart's promo screwed up by doing so. I've edited the above post to fix it. There are three episodes, including the following, until Natural Selection. I edited Bret's promo and the date to make everything mesh, so it should all look good to someone seeing the diary for the first time, but to everyone who has been following GPW -- mea culpa. Keep in mind that I'm new at diary wirting, so GPW is very much a learning process.

GPW Revolution: Episode Four (November 26, 2004 -- For Real!)

Revolution had a crowd of 75 for its fourth episode, for $1125 paid.

Ash Parker Cuts a Promo

Ash: Tonight, I have a triangle match against Sean Casey and Elliott Bumblebum. Triangle, threes, bad things come in threes, bad things are going to happen tonight.

Amazing, Ash was even more incoherent without Vanessa King to guide him. The Parker solo interview experiment wasn't working well though, he needed Vanessa to rein him in and play the straight man, er, woman.

Ash: Maybe bad things will happen to Sean Casey. Think about it, Sean Casey, Casey at the bat, Batman, Bruce Wayne, John Wayne, Cowboy, Dallas Cowboys, and they are Bret Hart's favorite NFL Football team!

Jack Douglas: Bret, is that true?

Bret Hart: Actually... yes, it is.

Douglas: Ha! Maybe he's finally on to something.

Ash: I haven't figured out exactly what that means, but every revelation brings me one step closer to unraveling this conspiracy once and for all.

Done with his rambling, Parker returned backstage.

Overall: 48

Austin Pennington Jr. vs Shellshock

The big marine got the early advantage on the privileged Pennington with a big barrage of punches, followed up with a Military Press Slam. After a few more assorted slams, Pennington had enough and slid out of the ring to take a breather. Shellshock was going to have none of that and chased Pennington on the outside. Austin slid back in the ring, and dropped a knee on Shellshock's back once the big British-American marine followed suit. Pennington managed to stay one step ahead of his much bigger foe through most of the match, but fell victim to the occasional power move. Shellshock thought he had him right where he wanted him after a powerslam, but he missed the follow-up legdrop. Pennington followed up with a snap suplex, then ended the match with The Recession for the three count.

Winner: Austin Pennington Jr.

Quality: 81

Crowd: 35

Overall: 58

Dames: * 1/4

A Few Words With Austin Pennington Jr.

Pennington: You are all welcome.

Hart: Did anyone thank him?

Pennington: I do not mind allowing all of you here tonight and my many inferiors watching on television across the nation to see what true greatness is. Wrestling fans are a mediocre bunch, so whenever they get an opportunity to see someone as talented as I, there is almost an obligation to provide them with such a chance.

Boos from the crowd.

Pennington: You people do not have to boo me, it is not your fault that I am better than each and every one of you -- you were all born into a lesser standing in life. While all of you had your parents drive you in substandard American cars to substandard public schools, a chauffeur wisked me away in the finest of Italian sports cars to the greatest learning institutions in this nation.

More boos.

Pennington: I can conclude by your reaction that you have not fully comprehended my message. If only I could break down my genius into easily digestible parts suitable for consumption by my mental inferiors. Perhaps I could condense my words into something intellectually worthless like, say, a song parody. You fools seem to lap such assaults on the ear up like a kitten slurps milk.

Pennington: I believe I've given myself an idea. All of you seem to identify with this Randy Reeves character, perhaps you will be more apt to accept me as your superior if I wipe the mat with him just like I did with that oaf Shellshock. Randall, the choice is yours, are you willing to stand up to the best wrestler money can buy?

Overall: 61

Austin Pennington Jr. gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Ash Parker vs Sean Casey vs Elliott Bumblebum

The only conspiracy evident in the beginning of this bout was a partnership featuring Parker and Casey. Bumblebum spent most of the first five minutes being bounced around like a pinball by Parker and Casey. A big spot came when Casey spiked Bumblebum with a DDT while Ash Parker went to the top. Ash came off the top once the DDT landed, coming down across the back of Bumblebum's head with a flying legdrop. Parker flipped Elliott over for a two count, but Sean Casey broke it up, leading Parker to protest that there was a conspiracy against him.

Ash and Casey traded blows, working against one another for a few minutes before Parker took Casey out with a gut wrench powerbomb, but was rolled up for two by Bumblebum before he could capitalize. The match continued, with all three men gaining the advantage at one point or another. Parker took Bumblebum out at the twelve minute mark with the Ashes to Ashes, but was quickly clotheslined over the top rope and out to the floor by Casey, who picked Bumblebum off the canvas and his his own unique version of the Death Valley Driver (which looked suspiciously like a Fisherman's Buster) for three.

After the match, Casey and Frederick Knight walked to the interview area by the entrance.

Winner: Sean Casey

Quality: 78

Crowd: 50

Overall: 64

Dames: * 3/4

Interview With "The Legend" Frederick Knight and Sean Casey

Knight: Revolution watchers around the world, The Legend feels torn right now, never before have I felt highs this high and lows this low all at once. On one hand, my Black Dragon is just 16 days away from facing off against Paul London in an epic title match. I was there for some of the best -- Flair vs Steamboat, Funk vs Brisco, and Gotch vs Hackenschmidt just to name a few -- but I have never been this excited for a title match. Ever.

Some people boo, some people are just awestruck that Knight claimed to be in attendance for a title match that took place 93 years ago.

Knight: On the other hand, I have to feel for Sean Casey, the man standing beside me. Sean just showed what he's capable of by handling Ash Parker and Elliott Bumblebum -- even Bret Hart himself had to acknowledge my client's talent.

Frederick produced a piece of paper from one of his pockets.

Knight: This is a letter from the GPW Board of Directors, signed at the bottom by their chairman, one Bret S. Hart, stating that 'Sean Casey has displayed incredible aptitude as of late and we regret that he was not included in the recent tournament to award a title shot at Natural Selection. However, in acknowledgement of Sean Casey's ability, we have decided to include him in a match at our upcoming big event, Natural Selection, against tournament runner-up Billy Fives, the winner of which will go on to face the GPW Champion at January's Breaking Point."

Knight: Well there you have it. Justice has been served, and Breaking Point has a main event already. Mark it down in your calendars folks, Black Dragon defends the GPW Title against Sean Casey on January ninth of the year 2005. Tell 'em Sean!

Casey: I may not get all of the details right, but I know one thing for sure -- there is nobody in Genesis Pro Wrestling who deserves a shot at Paul London more than me. If I have to go through Billy Fives to do it, that's exactly what I'll do.

The fourth episode of GPW Revolution came to a close with an uncharacteristically serious Sean Casey staring down the camera.

Overall: 57

Frederick Knight gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

Best Segment: Casey vs Parker vs Bumblebum

Worst Segment: Ash Parker goes it alone Interview

Best Match: Parker vs Casey vs Bumblebum

Worst Match: Shellshock vs Pennington

GPW/Wrestling World Update: End of November 2004

Awful as it was, Revolution got us a 0.01 rating! There are viewers out there somewhere! TLC is willing to extend our deal for another nine months, but I don't know if I want to commit that long to a network that small. I probably will though, as a hardcore match or three will be enough for TLC to send the show to the scrap heap whenever I want. No other major news to report

We'll close the month with a public image rating of 68. If we keep the show and keep moving at the same momentum, we will be Regional by the spring.

Next week on Revolution: Paul London defends the GPW Title against indy superstar Super Dragon, while Shellshock gets his third (and possibly final) chance to pick up a win over Ash Parker.

Just two more episodes of Revolution left until Natural Selection, which now has three matches signed.

Randy Reeves vs Austin Pennington Jr.

Randy Reeves made a call to GPW's offices just minutes after Revolution left the air to accept the challenge laid down by the esteemed Austin Pennington Jr. Can the ever-popular Rockin' Randy take out The Best Wrestler Money Can Buy, or will Austin Pennington silence GPW's resident singer?

For a Title Shot at Breaking Point: Sean Casey vs "The Daredevil" Billy Fives

Billy Fives put in an impressive showing before ultimately falling to a headbutt with a loaded mask and a Shooting Star Press. Sean Casey has left an impessive trail of defeated GPW stars, including a spike piledriver that put Alex Shelley out of Genesis Pro Wrestling on a stretcher. Who will earn an opportunity to face the champ at Breaking Point?

GPW Heavyweight Title: Black Dragon vs Paul London ©

The two masters of the Shooting Star Press meet in a showdown for the GPW Heavyweight Title. London, fresh off his victory over Chris Stylez, meets The Dragon, who will be accompanied by the scheming Frederick Knight. What will The Legend and his Round Table have in store for the champion? A $20 ticket to Natural Selection will give you the answer.

Guest BriFidelity

I started off December by agreeing to the nine month contract extension with TLC, then decided to take a financial hit now to set up a windfall later by pumping up our ad budget by 50 grand. This will almost certainly drive GPW into the red this month (though I've been wrong about these things before), but will hopefully nudge us to regional status by the time most of my current sponsorship deals expire, making GPW an attractive buy for bigger name advertisers.

TNA fell to National Status, which led to them dumping staff members Terry Taylor, Jeremy Borash, and Dutch Mantell, as well as wrestlers Don Harris and Michael Shane. If Shane weren't a part of NWA Florida, I could sign him long term, but he won't bite as-is.

GPW Revolution: Episode 5 (December 3, 2004)

84 people attended the Revolution Taping this week, meaning $1260 worth of ticket sales.

Jamie sits down with Paul London

Jamie: Normally Vanessa King gets to do the face to face spots with the boys, but I had so much fun last time I did it with Paul London, I'm gonna do it again. This time, Paul is the GPW champion. What has winning the GPW Title meant to you?

London: It sounds obvious, but I feel like a champion. There's no thrill in wrestling bigger than being the champion. It doesn't matter if it's a huge promotion or the smallest fed in existence, you feel special when you're the champ.

Jamie: Being the champion has made you a target -- every wrestler in GPW wants to be the next champion. Frederick Knight in particular has target you, he's vowed that someone from his Round Table will the one that dethrones Paul London. How intimidated are you by Frederick Knight's group?

London: I'm not really intimidated at all. I respect everyone in his group -- Black Dragon in particular -- but I'm not gonna let The Round Table scare me. There's no doubt that Knight is gonna use every resource available to him to try and take me out, but being afraid of that won't solve anything. I'm not scared of the Round Table, I'm ready for them.

Jamie: Moving off of the round table for a moment, your opponent tonight is Super Dragon. This man is unknown in GPW, but has such a good reputation around the wrestling world, Bret Hart has brought him in.

London: Bret made a good move. Super Dragon is as talented as they come, he's stole the show at more events than you could imagine. I have the utmost respect for the man, and I look forward to facing him tonight.

Jamie: Let's assume that you get by Super Dragon tonight. How do you feel you'll fair against Black Dragon at Natural Selection.

London: I wish I could come out and say that Black Dragon is a pushover and he doesn't concern me, but that's wrong. Black Dragon's been using the same high flying style that I use for a long, long time. He's a master of his craft and anyone who can beat him deserves a lot of credit.

Jamie: I'll come right out and ask the big question. Do you think you can beat Super Dragon tonight, then go on to Natural Selection in just nine days and beat Black Dragon as well.

London: Yes. I definitely believe it... I have to believe it.

Overall: 73

Jamie gained 1 point of overness from this segment. Paul London gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Ash Parker vs Shellshock

The opening match of Revolution was the third meeting between Shellshock and Parker, with the British-American Marine still looking for his fist victory against Paranoid Parker. Ash tried to lock up to start, but was easily overpowered by the bigger Shellshock, who threw Parker halfway across the ring, then charged in with an avalanche to knock the wind out of Parker. Parker begged off, but Shellshock gave chase, throwing Parker back into the ring, but getting caught with a knee to the back of the head as he slid in. Parker looked to be well on his way to a third straight victory over the marine toward the end, but lost the advantage when Parker tried to land a flying bodypress, only to see Shellshock turn the hold into a vicious powerslam. Shellshock picked Parker up from the ground, then sent him sailing with his running power bomb (A clone of Mike Awesome's Awesome Bomb.) known as The Dishonorable Discharge. The big powerbomb was enough for Shellshock to get the three count and finally defeat Ash Parker.

Winner: Shellshock

Reaction: 36

Ash Parker lost 1 point of overness from this segment. Shellshock gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

Vanessa King Interviews Shellshock

As a victorious Shellshock rolled out of the ring, Vanessa King was right there to grill him.

Vanessa: Shellshock, you finally managed to defeat Ash Parker, how do you feel about it?

Shellshock: I feel great. I proved tonight that with planning, determination, and good old United States Marine Corps know-how, anything is possible.

Vanessa: So you credit your victory to your military background?

Shellshock: Ms. King, I credit everything to my military background. When I was a boy growing up in England, I knew that I wanted to do more than the average man. The Corps has allowed me to realize my potential, to realize my power.

Shellshock flexed, displaying impressive build.

Vanessa: Next week, you take on the former GPW Champion, Chris Stylez. How do you prepare for the man who was the most dominant force in Genesis Pro Wrestling for many months?

Shellshock: I'll prepare the way any marine would prepare -- through hard work, dedication, and more hard work. Anybody can do anything, if they have the will to work for it. I have the will to beat you Chris Stylez, and I will defeat you next week.

Overall: 68

Vanessa King gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

GPW Heavyweight Title: Super Dragon vs Paul London ©

Paul London and Super Dragon started out by circling each other, seeing which one would make the first move -- it turned out to be Super Dragon, who shot in with a single leg takedown, then went for a forearm choke which London quickly turned into a short arm scissors. Dragon rolled through the hold, stood up, and rocked London's jaw with a side kick. As London tried to get to his feet, Super Dragon caught him in a double underhook and launched him over the top rope and down to the floor with a double underhook suplex. Paul fought to his feet just in time to be leveled with a tope suicida. Dragon's quick flurry obviously flustered London, who tried to fight back with forearms, but couldn't get a clear cut advantage on the challenger.

Dragon would lead the way for a while, but the action was mostly back and forth until seven minutes in, where London caught Dragon with an Enzugiri, then ran to the top, where he launched off with a flying dropkick that sent Super Dragon flying backward into the ropes. London popped back up, catching Dragon flush in the face with the dropsault. London popped up off of the mat, climbed out onto the apron, then ran and dove onto a dazed Super Dragon with a running Shooting Star Press, drawing "oohs" and "aahs" from the crowd. London picked Dragon off of the floor and rolled him into the ring, then climbed onto Dragon for a two count.

The action continued for about six more minutes before Super Dragon gained a definite advantage from turning an attempted backdrop into a piledriver. Dragon tried to parlay the hold into a spinebuster, but London broke free and took Dragon down with a tornado DDT. London's reversal of fortune bought him enough time to climb up to the top rope, where he came off with The London Calling for a three count.

Winner, and still GPW Champion: Paul London

Reaction: 48

Dames: *** 1/2

The GPW Heavyweight Title Has Gained In Image

Frederick Knight Makes His Presence Known

Just seconds after Paul London was declared victorious over Super Dragon, Frederick Knight charged into the ring and hammered Paul in the back with a double axe handle.

Douglas: Frederick Knight is targeting Paul London!

Hart: He's gonna have to come at Paul with a lot more than that. It looks like that Double Axe Handle didn't do much damage.

Paul turned around, which forced Knight to backpeddle, then leap out of the ring. Paul gave chase, engaging the master manager in what looked like a rousing game of duck, duck, goose for a few laps around the ring before Knight turned tail and ran toward the locker room. Knight managed to run behind the black curtain at the entrance, with London running through as well, but just as London went behind the curtain, he popped back out -- flying backward as if he had been hit by something.

Douglas: Paul London is down!

Hart: Someone must have been waiting for him on the other side of that curtain, but who?.

Frederick Knight emerged from behind the curtain with a microphone.

Knight: Paul London! I came out here two weeks ago and told the world that there was a fourth member of my Round Table. You just found out who it was the hard way.

The fourth man walked out from behind the curtain, brandishing a dented chair.

Douglas: It's Ash Parker!

Hart: This is despicable, Ash Parker has joined Frederick Knight's Round Table by busting a chair over Paul London's head in an attempt to soften him up for Black Dragon.

Douglas: I guess there is a conspiracy! A conspiracy against Paul London, and Ash Parker is a part of it!

Ash Parker gained 2 points of overness from this segment. Frederick Knight gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Overall Rating: 64

Best Segment: Jamie interviews London

Worst Segment: Ash Parker joins The Round Table

Best Match: Paul London vs Super Dragon

Worst Match: Shellshock vs Ash Parker

After a week where we made a blip on the ratings radar, Revolution was back down to a 0.0 rating. The buzz coming off of the hot Dragon-Fives match made for a spike in viewership the next week, but we shot ourselves in the foot by providing a substandard show in front of our biggest audience ever. Hopefully, the quality of our latest show will lead more viewers to next Friday, the final Revolution before Natural Selection, where you'll see the following:

He hasn't been seen since his loss to Paul London at The Beginning of the End, but the first ever GPW Champion, "The Main Attraction" Chris Stylez returns to GPW next week, where he'll take on Shellshock, who is fresh off his victory over Ash Parker. Austin Pennington Jr. will be in action as well, as he prepares for his match at Natural Selection against Randy Reeves by facing Elliott Bumblebum.

Natural Selection -- December 12, 2004 -- Current Lineup

Ash Parker vs Michael Shane

Fresh off of joining The Round Table by assaulting Paul London, Ash Parker will have to take on London's old classmate, Michael Shane. Remember, Michael Shane is the cousin of wrestling legend Shawn Michaels, which could definitely be conspiracy fodder for Ash Parker.

Rockin' Randy's song parodys have been targeted by the esteemed Mr. Pennington as "assaults on the ear" eaten up by fans of substandard intelligence. Pennington laid down a challenge on the November 26 edition of Revolution, which was accepted by Reeves shortly after the show left the air.

Billy Fives put in an impressive showing before ultimately falling to a headbutt with a loaded mask and a Shooting Star Press. Sean Casey has left an impressive trail of defeated GPW stars, including a spike piledriver that put Alex Shelley out of Genesis Pro Wrestling on a stretcher. Who will earn an opportunity to face the champ at Breaking Point?

The two masters of the Shooting Star Press meet in a showdown for the GPW Heavyweight Title. London, fresh off his victory over Chris Stylez, meets The Dragon, who will be accompanied by the scheming Frederick Knight. What will The Legend and his Round Table have in store for the champion? A $20 ticket to Natural Selection will give you the answer.

Up Next: The Final Revolution before Natural Selection.

Edited by BriFidelity

The action continued for about six more minutes before Black Dragon gained a definite advantage from turning an attempted backdrop into a piledriver. Dragon tried to parlay the hold into a spinebuster, but London broke free and took Dragon down with a tornado DDT. London's reversal of fortune bought him enough time to climb up to the top rope, where he came off with The London Calling for a three count.

hmm black dragon must have subbed in then out :shifty: just joshing you but you might want to fix it, otherwise excellent show

• 1 month later...
Guest BriFidelity

I'm sure this thread is on the brink of deletion, but after two hellaciously busy

months, I'm ready to give it the old college try. We'll pick up where we left off, with the final episode of GPW Revolution before the next big show -- Natural Selection.

GPW Revolution -- Episode Six (December 10, 2004)

We drew a crowd of 86 for a gate of $1290. Those 86 people were there to see "The Main Attraction" Chris Stylez open the show with Vanessa King standing by his side.

Vanessa King interviews "The Main Attraction" Chris Stylez

Vanessa: Welcome to another episode of GPW Revolution. I'm Vanessa King, here with the former GPW Champion, Chris Stylez. Chris, is there anything you want to get off your chest?

Stylez: I suppose everyone got what they wanted last month when Paul London took the GPW Title from me.

The crowd applauds, which makes Stylez sneer.

Stylez: Enjoy it while it lasts, The Main Attraction's coming back to the main event real, real soon, and he's taking back what's his when he does.

Vanessa: Are you bitter about the loss?

Stylez: No. I'm not bitter about that loss! I let down my guard once, but that's all it takes in professional wrestling -- one mistake. What I am bitter about is being snubbed for Bret Hart's pathetic tournament. I am bitter about not being invited onto this TV show until three weeks after the fact.

Vanessa tries to get a word in edgewise, but Stylez just takes the microphone from him.

Stylez: And I am bitter about having to fight that waste of a roster spot Shellshock. That's like the Carolina Panthers coming off their loss at the Super Bowl by having to play a last place team from the Arena Football League. Shellshock, soldier sniffer, get ready to find out why you're an opening act, and I'm the Main Attraction.

Stylez angrily gives the mic back to Vanessa, then walks off.

Vanessa King gained 2 points of overness from this segment. Chris Stylez gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Bret Hart Has A Message For GPW Fans

Bret left the announce position and headed for the ring, mic in hand.

Bret: We've almost arrived at GPW's next big show: Natural Selection. From a wrestling standpoint, I think this will definitely be the best show GPW has ever put on. Paul London and Black Dragon will put on a performance that we'll be talking about for years to come, same goes for Sean Casey and Billy Fives, as well as the rest of the great matches planned.

Bret's speech is cut of the beginning of "Bulldog," Yale University's fight song, which brings Austin Pennington Jr to the ring. Pennington grabs a mic from a stagehand, then steps into the ring.

Pennington: Is all of what you say really true Bret? Is it what you honestly believe? Everyone knows that I'm the reason Natural Selection will be the biggest show in Genesis Pro Wrestling history. How many of you out there want to see me properly dispose of that fly on the backside of GPW, Randy Reeves?

Boos and "Randy" chants fill the arena.

Pennington: What do you people know? You all know as much as Bret Hart, which would equate to absolutely nothing! I wouldn't expect those with lesser intelligence to comprehend the joy we, the important people in the world, will get when I shut that satiric sack of animal feces up once and for all!

Pennington gives the mic over to Jack Douglas, who is soon rejoined by Bret Hart at the broadcast booth.

Austin Pennington Jr. gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

Austin Pennington Jr. vs Elliott Bumblebum

Elliott Bumblebum, the man who plagued Pennington during his first weeks in GPW, came out to a flat reaction. Austin opened strong, staying one step ahead of Elliott by chaining an armdrag into an armbar. Pulling Elliott up, Austin fired Elliott back with a Russian legsweep, then kept their legs grapevined, chaining into a spinning toe hold. The fans, many of whom were booing Austin earlier, had to applaud his work.

Bumblebum rallied later in the match, elbowing out of a side headlock, then following up with a shoulder tackle. Bumblebum delivered a dropkick as soon as Austin got up, then fell victim to a Bumblebum Splash from the top for two. The splash marked the peak of Elliott's action, as Austin low blowed him as he tried to pick the Ivy League Aristocrat up after the two, then delivered Randy Reeves' "Parodizer" Implant DDT for a three count.

Hart: What an insult! He just used Randy Reeves' move to finish Bumblebum!

Douglas: Come on Bret! That wasn't an insult, it was a parody!

Quality: 85

Reaction: 48

Overall: 66

Dames: **1/2

A Special Video Segment

A video comes to life, narrated by Bret Hart.

"This is a true story. A true story about a man named Bret Como."

Old footage of a smaller man flying around a wrestling school ring.

"Trained by Les Thornton and the legendary Dynamite Kid, Bret Como is, without a doubt, a world class wrestler, but you've probably never heard his name. Bret was born in one of the capitals of the wrestling world -- Calgary, Alberta Canada, and raised in Vernon, British Columbia. After training, Bret worked extensively in Canadian independents, even helping oversee the progress of young Hart Family students Lance Storm and Chris Jericho, having the distinction of being the first man to wrestle Jericho in a televised match."

Video of a young Canadian walking around the streets of Japan.

"Bret continues to work extensively in Japan, where his battles with Ultimo Dragon are talked about to this day. He is also widely credited as being the first American to ever land a Shooting Star Press on the shores of Japan. Bret also wrestled in Mexico, where he enjoyed a three month reign as the F.I.L.L. promotion's Junior Heavyweight Champion."

Bret Como -- Today's Bret Como, staring into the camera.

"Despite his success in his homeland Canada, as well as Japan and Mexico, 31 year old Bret Como is a relative unknown in the United States, but all of that could change on December 12th, when Bret Como, known to GPW fans as The Black Dragon, tries to win his first Major American Championship."

The image of Bret Como morphs into the masked Black Dragon.

Overall: 32

Black Dragon lost 2 points of overness from this segment (stupid production crew).

Shellshock vs "The Main Attraction" Chris Stylez

Shellshock was first to the ring, with the first GPW Heavyweight Champion out second. Absence did not make the heart grow fonder, as Stylez was booed heartily upon his entrance. Stylez charged the ring, where he began to trade punches with his larger foe, never backing down or cowering to Shellshock's size. Shellshock got the upper hand, much to the delight of the crowd, decking Stylez with a right, then clotheslining him over the top. Once Stylez was up, Shellshock dove over the top with incredible grace for a man his size, hitting Stylez with a suicide dive.

Shellshock soon regretted taking it to the outside, as Stylez crawled to the timekeeper's table, then cheapshotted Shell with a shot to the throat with the bell hammer. Stylez rolled Shellshock into the ring, then leapt over the top rope, coming down across Shellshock's throat with a legdrop. Stylez dragged Shellshock over to the corner, climbed to the top, then crashed down across Shellshock with a split legged moonsault, but only got two.

Douglas: The Split Legged Moonsault! That's the move Stylez used to beat Frankie Kazarian for the GPW Title, and Shellshock escaped!

The action continued, hot and heavy, for another ten minutes before Stylez took Shellshock down with a roaring elbow, then reached into his tights, pulling out a chain away from the roving eyes of referee Mike Hunter. Shellshock noticed, slid out of the ring and grabbed a chair, then returned. Stylez went for a punch while Shellshock went for a chairshot, both connected and went down hard. Noticing the chain, Hunter called for the bell.

Hart: Shellshock goes the distance with the former champion, getting a draw. That's impressive Jack.

Douglas: He's lucky to get out with a draw, Stylez would've had him.

Winner: Double DQ

Reaction: 41

Overall Rating: 59

Best Segment: Hart interviews Pennington

Worst Segment: Black Dragon Video

Best Match: Stylez vs Shellshock

Worst Match: Pennington vs Bumblebum

This episode of Revolution combined with our ad budget to vault ahead of Bret's brother Ross Hart's Stampede Wrestling as the top small promotion in wrestling. We started as the smallest of 35 nationally recognized promotions, and are now number 26 out of 31.

In bad news, Alex Shelley -- who had a broken neck in GPW lore but was really in tip-top shape -- has been lured away by the larger WLW. First Frankie Kazarian, now Alex Shelley, who's gonna leave us next?

We may see a departure after our stacked supershow, Natural Selection, which looks like this:

Fresh off of joining The Round Table by assaulting Paul London, Ash Parker will have to take on London's old classmate, Michael Shane. Remember, Michael Shane is the cousin of wrestling legend Shawn Michaels, which could definitely be conspiracy fodder for Ash Parker.

No DQ: Shellshock vs "The Main Attraction" Chris Stylez

Chris Stylez's return to GPW was ruined when his match with Shellshock, thought to be a sure Stylez victory by most, ended in a double disqualification. That won't happen at Natural Selection, where Mike Hunter's only duty will be to count pins and watch for tapouts.

Randy Reeves eagerly accepted the brash upstart Pennington's challenge, only to be insulted by a parody from Pennington, who used Randy's own Parodizer finisher to defeat Elliott Bumblebum. Will Pennington pay, or has Rockin' Randy sung his last tune?

Sean Casey has been one of the most dominant, however misunderstood, wrestlers in Genesis Pro Wrestling since its inception. He cleanly defeated Randy Reeves, and was one of the two men who put Alex Shelley out of GPW for good. He'll take on Billy Fives, who beat Black Dragon a few months ago, but came up just short when it counted.

Paul London is nothing less than a prodigy, an incredible talent who impressed anyone who bought a ticket to see him, then resurrected what was looking like a dying career by entering GPW and winning the heavyweight title from Chris Stylez. Conversely, Black Dragon has been wrestling his heart out for over a decade, and is finally getting his shot at a major North American champion. Will London keep the momentum rolling, or will The Dragon finally come into his own?

Let's hope the turnaround for Natural Selection is closer to two days than two months.

I'm glad this diary is running again and I can't wait to see Natural Selection.

A good show leading up to it and the Shellshock/Chris Stylez match on the show was good and lead up to the big show match well.

The Black Dragon promo video was just awesome as well.

Guest BriFidelity

Nothing of importance happened in the two days between Revolution and Natural Selection, where 158 People showed up for a live gate of $3160

GPW Presents: Natural Selection -- Sunday, December 12, 2004

Dark Match: Elliott Bumblebum vs Super Dragon

We had to throw out something for the people who arrived early, so instead of carting out someone to talk, I decided to bring in Super Dragon for another go at things. Dragon impressed early, hitting Elliott with a beautiful looking roundhouse kick, following up with a running senton, getting up, then taking to the air again with a standing moonsault. Dragon, though playing heel, got a polite round of applause for the offensive flurry. Dragon rewarded their applause by sitting Bumblebum up, then blasting Elliott in the back with a "spinal tap" kick.

Elliott got his typical rally a few minutes in, countering a flying bodypress from Dragon into a powerslam for two, then getting another near fall with a bridging Northern Lights Suplex. Bumblebum kept the advantage for a while, finally losing it when Super Dragon reversed a hurricanrana into a sick looking power bomb, crunching Bumblebum off of the mat with a sickening thud. Dragon stayed on the attack, picking Bumblebum off of the mat, dropping him right on his head with a vicious released German Suplex.

Super Dragon never looked back, pounding Bumblebum for minutes on end in a dominant showing. Dragon worked the back a bit during the stretch, keeping on a bow and arrow backbreaker for a while before releasing Bumblebum. The back work seemed to culminate in a torture rack, but Dragon quickly spun out into his Psycho Driver, producing a bunch of oohs and aahs from the crowd. Dragon made the academic cover, getting the easy three count.

Winner: Super Dragon

Reaction: 47

Overall: 62

Frederick Knight's newest charge took on the closest ally of the man Parker targeted on behalf of The Legend. Shane was a house of fire to start, taking Parker down with quick holds before Ash could get anything started. Shane managed to keep control of the arm for about two minutes, working Parker down into an armbar, tossing Parker over with an armdrag whenever he tried to get up. Parker finally freed himself when he reached his feet, then popped Shane in the head. Shane kept control, however, by trapping Parker in a rolling headscissor.

Parker finally got the advantage about a minute later when Shane gave him an Irish whip, only for Parker to hit a flying forearm out of the ropes. Parker capitalized on his advantage by softening up Shane by locking him in a camel clutch. The Heartbreak Cousin powered out of the hold, but Parker released it in time, hopping off of Michael's back, then catching him just above the tailbone with a dropkick, sending Shane flying through the top and middle ropes and out to the arena floor. Parker climbed up to the top, but made a pivotal mistake by missing a flying double axe handle, crashing into the guardrail behind Michael Shane.

The fight was incredibly competitive, with the advantage volleying between the two of them before Ash Parker fell victim to the Sweet Shane Music late in the match. The crowd went wild, a Pavlovian response to the miracle power of superkicks from Shane's family. Shane tried to capitalize on the move by going to the top rope to deliver the Picture Perfect Elbow, but took a split second too long to get there, as Parker rolled away in a nick of time. Ash followed up by scooping Shane off the mat, delivering the Ashes to Ashes for the pinfall.

Winner: Ash Parker

Quality: 75

Reaction: 45

Overall: 60

Dames: * 1/2

Interview With Randy Reeves and Jamie

Reeves, GPW's resident musical genius was out next, accompanied as always by Jamie, who is hotter than the sun, but about as bright as a two watt bulb.

Jamie: It's always so fun to be here! I love to come in front of you people...

Some laughs. Cheap potty humor is humor nonetheless.

Jamie: Tonight isn't fun though. Austin Pennington has said some awful things about you fans, and about my Randy. Well Mr. Pennington, I wanna tell you something I was always told. Sticks and stones may break our bones, but a picture is worth a thousand words!

Randy grabbed the mic from Jamie.

Reeves: That's right... wait, what?

Jamie: Just sing us out Randy!

Not wanting to damage the audience's collective IQ by exposing them to more insights from Jamie, Randy waited for the music. The chorus of a knockoff of the classic Beatles tune "Penny Lane" started up.

Pennington, he called me out, what a fool.

It'll be my pleasure to whip that tool.

Tonight, I'll shut him up.

Pennington is a whining brat with little class.

I think he secretly wants to be a Queen.

He thinks he's gonna beat Randy Reeves,

In his dreams.

Pennington, tonight you'll get pulverized.

Kicked and punched, and parodized

Ol' Randy's gonna kick your ass.

Randy put his head down, with the lights dimming (The Sound Guy earning his production salary). A sample of Eminem's "Without Me" started up, as Randy tried to rap.

Guess who's back, back again

Randy's back, to punk Pennington

Randy's back, Randy's back, Randy's back, Randy's back...

After the beginning, the music cut to the beat that accompanies the chorus.

Now this is a job for Randy Reeves

Everybody in the place came here to see

me wreck a little brat called Penny,

All the fans are behind ol' Randy

I said this is a job for Randy Reeves

Everyone in the place came here to see

me wreck a little brat called Penny,

All the fans are cheering ol' Randy

Reeves dropped the mic to a round of applause, then heads backstage.

Overall: 67

Jamie gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

No DQ: Shellshock vs "The Main Attraction" Chris Stylez

As expected, this one started before the bell. Shellshock was out first, but was ambushed by Stylez, who ran out from the crowd. Shellshock and Stylez exchanged frantic punches in the early seconds, stopped when Shellshock used his incredible power to throw Stylez into the corner. Shellshock fired some shoulders into Stylez's ribcage, then brought him out of the corner in a Military Press Slam. Stylez, known to be wily and resourceful if nothing else, rolled out of the ring as soon as he bounced off the mat from the slam.

When Stylez came back in, he was subject to just as much punishment as he was before. The fans gleefully cheered as the relative newcomer beat the hated former champion for a few minutes before Styles flaunted the no DQ stipulation by thumbing Shellshock in the eye to halt an attempted chokeslam, then delivered a vicious soccer kick to the groin. Stylez capitalized on his chicanery by upping the tempo with quick kicks, dizzying flips, and the occasional cheap shot. Fairly late into the match, Stylez displayed impressive strength by scooping the big man up, driving him into the mat with a Michinoku Driver for two.

Stylez maintained control for a while, losing it occasionally when Shellshock would bust out a power move. One such moment was when Shellshock used his height advantage to reverse an attempted leapfrog into a vicious, ring shaking spinebuster that drew just as many gasps as it did cheers, but Stylez had the drive and heart to kick out at two. Shellshock tried to follow up by catapulting Stylez into the corner, but Stylez landed on the second rope, quickly climbed to the top, and came off with The Headliner (flying Rocker Dropper) to a chorus of boos. Unfortunately, Shellshock's support leg was planted awkwardly, causing it to arch down unnaturally as he fell. Stylez struggled to flip Shellshock over onto his back, a task made harder since Paul Burchill was legitimately hurt, but he finally got the Brit over and earned a three count to end the hellacious brawl.

Stylez made a quick exit after the match, allowing Bret to leave the broadcast booth to check on Shellshock. Hart and road agent Steve Nickerson helped the injured combatant to the back.

Winner: "The Main Attraction" Chris Stylez

Quality: 92

Reaction: 46

Overall: 69

Dames: ***3/4

Some Words From Austin Pennington Jr.

The Pride of New Haven, CT came out wearing a Yale letterman's jacket over his usual blue singlet, looking like an aristocratic Steiner Brother. The boos were already coming hot and heavy when Pennington grabbed the mic, soon realizing he'd have to overcome a "Penny Sucks" chant.

Pennington: Penny sucks? Very classy. I come out here every time expecting to see the scum of the gene pool, and you never fail to deliver. How fitting that tonight, at the best attended show in the history of Genesis Pro Wrestling, I get an opportunity to embarrass the very embodiment of you peons -- a second rate karaoke star who produces horrid fabrications of music that already grates on the ear and a glorified pin-up girl whose IQ is lower than her cup size.

Pennington, ever the heat machine, gets even more boos.

Pennington: Now, I know that all of you enjoy Randall Reeves' song parodies, you think they are some kind of bizarre art form, but let me assure you that they are not.

Austin pulls a old, weathered piece of paper from the pocket of his letter jacket.

Pennington: This, my culturally challenged friends, is art. I shall now read from one of William Shakespeare's great poem, Seven Ages of Man.

Austin clears his throat, ready to recite, although he is hard the hear over the boos.

"All the world's a stage,

And all the men and women merely players,

They have their exits and entrances,

And one man in his time plays many parts,

His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,

Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.

Then, the whiling schoolboy with his satchel"

Just as the fans were moving from angry to bored, Randy Reeves' music hit, turning their boos to cheers as Rockin' Randy and Jamie hit the ring. For his part, Pennington pouted in the ring, angry his reading was cut short.

Overall: 63

Austin Pennington Jr. vs Randy Reeves

Reeves turned up the speed to start, running into the ring, picking up his stride as soon as he stood in the ring and ran through Pennington's grasp to come off the ropes and catch the Ivy Leaguer between the eyes with a flying forearm. With the crowd still hot, Randy pulled up the back of Pennington's Yale Jacket and pasted Austin with lefts and rights while his vision is obscured by the garment. Austin dropped after a particularly hard right and rolled out of the ring, where he wiggled out of the jacket and threw it to the floor. Pennington regained his vision just in time to see Reeves flying off the top rope, but didn't have time to evade the Music Man's flying bodypress.

The two brawled around the ring for a while before going back in, where Pennington shifted the momentum with an eye gouge, then deposited Randy on the mat with a swinging neckbreaker. Austin drew the ire of the fans for the next five minutes, as he dominated Randy, using his trademark technical wizardry to stay one step ahead of Reeves. One particularly impressive string saw Pennington pop Randy up in the air with a kneelift, quickly go along side Reeves and take him down with a Russian Legsweep, then lock on a short arm scissor.

Randy Reeves got back into the match by catching an airborne Pennington with a dropkick to the gut as he was coming off the top, but could never keep an advantage. In fact, neither man truly dominated the other for the next ten minutes. At the seventeen minute mark the battle spilled outside once more, where Reeves scored a big hit by hotshotting Austin on the guardrail before throwing him into the ring. Randy grabbed the Yale jacket before going back in, placing it over a dazed Pennington's head before coming off the top with a dropkick for two. Randy gave the crowd the signal for The Parodizer after the nearfall, giving Pennington enough time to retrieve a pair of brass knuckles from his jacket. Randy picked Austin up, only to be surprised with a low blow, then KO'ed with an knucks-assisted uppercut. The three was academic, with Austin's win causing all sorts of trash to be thrown into the ring.

Quality: 89

Reaction: 52

Overall: 70

Sean Casey vs "The Daredevil" Billy Fives

Fives was out first, still looking like Evel Kinevel in his red, white, and blue leather pants. Casey was out next, led as always by Frederick Knight. The two locked up to start, with Casey catching an armbar which Fives rapidly spun out of, only to be clubbed in the back of the head with a Casey forearm that sent Billy wobbling into the ropes. Casey immediately brought Fives up for a back suplex, adding to the momentum by slingshotting Billy's legs off of the ropes in front of them before falling backward. For someone who didn't know the correct name of his own finisher, Casey definitely knew how to use his surroundings to the fullest extent.

Casey dominated early, winning most of the first five minutes before botching a backdrop -- where Fives floated over Casey, grabbing his head as he sailed over, dropping Sean on his back with an inverted facebuster which brought the crowd to its feet. Fives took the advantage for the lion's share of the middle of the match, scoring a near fall when he planted Casey with a DDT, then sprung off the ropes, running across the ring and leaping over his fallen foe, catching himself on the middle rope and backflipping over into an Asai Moonsault for two.

Fives, living up to his billing as a daredevil with incredible death-defying aerial moves, planted Casey with a Michinoku Driver at the twenty minute mark, then headed for the top rope, where he came off the top with the High Fives. Unfortunately for Billy, Sean Casey had the presence of mind to roll out of the ring, leaving the Daredevil to crash and burn, which Billy sold like he broke his tailbone. Casey slid under the bottom rope, where he picked Fives off the mat, then planted him with his "DVD" for the pinfall and the number one contendership.

Reaction: 62

Overall: 78

Frederick Knight Appears At The Entrance With Black Dragon

Knight: One of the saddest things I've seen in my time in this great industry are the great masses of unrealized talent that have populated the lower and middle of the card since the beginning. I was right there to see The Dynamite Kid bust his ass and never get the world title shots and multimillion dollar contracts he deserved. I said to him "Tom..." see, I called him Tom, "Tom, you're giving these people too much, you'll never have anything to show..."

Dragon, seemingly peeved that Knight brought up his mentor, ripped the mic from his manager's hands.

Dragon: Enough Fred! I'm doing this my way tonight -- in the ring, and here on the mic.

Dragon: Paul, you're great. You can move with grace, fly like a bird, and hit like a truck -- you're everything a champion should be. That's why you've gotten chances everywhere you've been. You wrestled for a few years, got your shot at the big time, got shot down, then revived your career here, in the fastest growing promotion in all of wrestling.

Dragon: I have to admit I'm a little bit jealous Paul. I never got the call from New York or Atlanta, I never had thousands of fans flooding message boards and chat rooms on the Internet to sing my praises. I'd like to think that I've done my job just as well as you -- maybe I even helped pave the way for you and the other smaller guys of your generation just a little bit, and what do I have to show for it? Nothing. Before they ran a video about me last week, most people probably assumed I was some twenty year old understudy of Ultimo Dragon's.

Dragon: I've toiled in obscurity for fifteen years Paul, but my coming out party is tonight. I've earned this chance, it took me fighting in four countries in fifteen years, but I earned it...

Dragon: And I'm NOT coming up short.

Overall: 56

Frederick Knight gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

GPW Heavyweight Title: Black Dragon vs Paul London©

Dragon continued to the ring and waited as Union Underground's "South Texas Death Ride" brought out the GPW Champion. Once inside the ring, the two stared each other down as Jack Douglas made the introductions. One the bell rung, the fans got to their feet, expecting a classic. They wouldn't be disappointed.

London and Dragon started off hot and heavy, trading brutally stiff chops that reddened each others chests in the middle of the ring. One particularly hard shot toward the end of the chop session opened up a welt on Dragon's chest that had formed on one of Paul's first chops. Paul tried to follow up the chop that drew blood with another, but Dragon grabbed his arm, stepping behind London and bringing Paul's arm around his neck in one fluid motion while dropping the champion with a neckbreaker. Dragon tried to keep the pressure on with a hammerlock, but Paul slipped out and caught a drop toe hold, setting a pattern for back and forth chain wrestling that relied heavy on counters and rapid momentum shifts.

The bout was back and forth like a tennis match until five minutes in, when London caught Dragon high on the face with the Dropsault, making blood trickle out of Dragon's nose, deepening the black of his mask before running down to his chest. Paul never relented, keeping the pressure on his wounded foe with a steady pounding with more knife edge chops. Paul backed The Dragon into the corner around the seven minute mark, where he clubbed Dragon's possibly broken nose with a forearm, then sent the challenger into the corner across the ring. Paul sped across the ring, clipping Black Dragon in the jaw with a moonsault kick.

London brought Dragon out of the corner, where he tried for the waffle face, but Black Dragon broke free and threw Paul around with a Victory Roll for two. Paul stood up after the kickout, but was taken to one knee with a dropkick to the patella, with Hart pointing out on commentary that Dragon was a veteran and knew exactly where to hit for maximum effectiveness. Dragon kept the advantage on London for most of the next five minutes, punishing him with just about every move in his repetoire while keeping emphasis on working the knee.

Fifteen minutes in, and Paul London was limping around like a lame dog, allowing Black Dragon extra opportunity to pick his spots. After cracking London in the back of the head with a snap kick that sounded like a gunshot, Dragon headed to the top, where he lifted off with a missile dropkick, but Paul had the presence of mind to jump back instinctively. Dragon obviously missed, landing hard on his back, but Paul's injured knee buckled as he jumped back, sending him to the mat as well. Paul quickly recovered, hobbling over to Dragon and locking on a Boston Crab. Unfortunately for Paul, his knee couldn't take the pressure of holding the Crab and he fell over thirty seconds into the hold.

London and Dragon traded near falls for another 10-15 minutes, with Dragon securing a Figure Four at the 24 minute mark that almost made London pass out. A half hour in, Paul London tried to come off the top with a Thesz Press, leaping off with one leg will keeping the injured one in the air while Dragon tried to catch him with a drop kick, but the two collided in the air and fell to the ground. Dragon pulled himself to his feet with the ropes, where Frederick Knight tried to load his charge's mask.

Hart: He's gonna load the mask Jack, this is how Dragon beat Billy Fives! Don't let this classic end like this.

Once he realized what Knight was doing, Dragon pulled away, leading to a shouting match with Knight.

Douglas: What in the hell?

Hart: Black Dragon wants to fight his way Jack, that's what he said before the match! He wants to beat Paul London on his own merit.

The argument bought Paul London enough time to recover. London grabbed Dragon in a rear waistlock, running him into Knight, then backward with a roll up.

........3!!!!!!!!!!

Frederick Knight tried to dive through the ropes to make the save, but it was too late. All the leader of The Round Table could do was slap the mat in frustration.

Reaction: 57

The GPW Heavyweight title has gained in image.

Overall Rating: 68

Best Segment: Casey vs Fives

Worst Segment: Frederick Knight Promo

Best Match: Casey vs Fives

Worst Match: Shane vs Parker

Four matches rated three stars or better? Sounds like a good show to me.

Awful news coming out of the very successful Natural Selection: Shellshock, gaining momentum off of a great match with Chris Stylez, broke his leg taking the Rocker Dropper and will be out for seven months. I can't pay fifteen grand to a guy sitting at home, so I'll have to cut Shock loose, but I'd have no qualms about bringing him back down the line. I needed to sign a babyface to a written deal to take Shellshock's place -- mainly plugging up TV without seriously draining the GPW bank account -- so I went with one of the rising stars of the indy circuit.

Chance -- [upper Midcard, 35 Over, 81 Speed] (formerly Chance Beckett) -- Very speedy and somewhat charismatic, Chance is a better fit for the GPW "style" than Paul "Shellshock" Burchill was. Although Chance is Canadian, he'll be pushed as a likable, fresh faced Las Vegas native with a penchant for blackjack and baccarat. Hopefully, he'll be pro wrestling's answer to Mikey from Swingers.

Up next for Revolution, New Arrivals and The Round Table will be out in full force, as Black Dragon tries to rebound from his loss to Paul London by taking on a mysterious newcomer known as Eros, while Paul London will team up the debuting Chance to take on Round Table Members Ash Parker and JT Smith.

Guest BriFidelity

Jeff Roth, better known as designated jobber Elliott Bumblebum, waited in the doorway of my makeshift office -- really the supply closet of the small Foreign Legion hall in suburban Philadelphia GPW ran out of five or six nights a year.

Bret and I had chosen this area for a reason -- Philadelphia because it was the city that had proven first with ECW then again with Ring of Honor that they could cultivate and embrace a fledgeling independent, the suburbs because the city itself had a glut of promotions already.

Jeff stood there, having changed out of his ring gear and into jeans and a black t-shirt, more specifically the Randy Reeves "Reeves 31:6" T-Shirt, one of the many parody shirts that made Reeves the second biggest merchandise mover in GPW behind GPW Champion Paul London. I waved him in, even though I was on the phone with Ash Parker. Ash had driven Paul "Shellshock" Burchill to the hospital after he was injured during the match with Chris Stylez, and was calling me with a progress report on the massively built Brit. The news wasn't good.

Brian: How long did they say?

Seven months. I knew I heard him right, but I desperately wanted to hear that I was wrong.

Brian: Shit!

I looked over at Roth, who looked concerned.

Brian: Thanks for the update A, you went beyond the call of duty helping Burch out there. I'll see you Friday.

After hanging up with Parker, I turned to Jeff Roth.

Roth: What was that about?

Brian: Paul Burchill. He has a broken leg, he won't be ready to go for seven months.

Roth: Damn.

Jeff took a seat, but I stood up, picking up a dry cleaning bag I had resting on a shelf of cleaning fluids.

Roth: What's that?

Brian: Your new gimmick.

Jeff looked at me, puzzled.

Roth: Say what?

Brian: Jeff, you can deliver in the ring, that's why I signed you, but Elliott Bumblebum is getting shit on by the crowd.

Jeff reluctantly nodded.

Brian: This will put you in a better position to get over.

Jeff looked excited, but frowned when he pulled out a white mask adorned in pink hearts of varying size.

Roth: A hood?

Brian: Yeah, it's the only guarantee that Bumblebum will be forgotten.

Roth: But pink hearts? Am I coming in as Bret's long lost nephew?

Brian: Not exactly...

Jeff tore away the plastic covering, revealing a long singlet like the one Bret used to wear, but this one was white, with the same hearts dotting most of the fabric. The word "Eros" was written in glittery pink airbrush on the ass end of the tights. Revolution was five days away, and the dawning of the Greek God of Erotic Love was upon us.

That was five days ago, this is Friday night, and the Revolution's here.

GPW Revolution: Episode Seven (December 17, 2004)

We got 91 people in the house for Revolution #7, for a live gate of $1455. Vanessa King opened the show, standing in front of the GPW backdrop just to the left of the entrance.

Opening Interview: Vanessa King with Eros

Vanessa: Good evening GPW fans and welcome to Revolution. Tonight, I've been told that I will open the show with an interview with one of GPW's new arrivals: Eros. I apologize for my lack of professionalism, but I have no idea where -- or who -- Eros is.

Before Ms. King can think out loud any more, "I Touch Myself" by The Divinyls blared over the PA, bringing out a masked man in a glittery pink robe who approached Ms. King, gratuitously thrusting his hips in her direction.

Vanessa: Eros?

Apparently, Vanessa didn't see the giant white "EROS" written on the back of the robe.

Eros: Yes, it is Eros, The Greek God of Erotic Love. I have arrived in GPW to provide the women of the world the greatest gift of all.

Jeff Roth was hamming it up, doing a Greek accent so thick it was entertaining in its awfulness

Vanessa: Ok... Eros, you've drawn a tough bout tonight, as you're set to take on Black Dragon. What are your thoughts?

Eros: Miss King, I have a question for you first.

Vanessa: Um... what?

Eros: When was the last time you felt the passion? The feeling of an adonis sent down on a cloud from Mount Olympus laying his sculpted body against yours. The special chemistry you feel when you see that you're a prisoner of animal lust.

Vanessa: Um... I'm not sure I understand.

Eros: You understand all too well Miss King. I see the look in your eye, you're giving in to the inescapable attraction that is Eros.

Eros flexed his right arm, it wasn't all that impressive -- Jeff Roth was far from the bodybuilder type.

Eros: Do you want to touch my mighty biceps Miss King?

Vanessa: Ummmmmm....

Eros: Go on. Touch it, and then I will answer the question about this dragon you speak of.

Vanessa lays a fingertip on the Greek God's arm, looking as turned on by this "god" as fans in New York were by Mae Young at the 2000 Royal Rumble.

Eros: Now you feel the passion, the fire. I will answer your question now -- Mr. Black Dragon is but a conquest of war. War is just something we take part in when we cannot love. I will show Mr. Black Dragon the essence of love, and that will make me win the war.

Vanessa: I have no idea what that means.

She isn't alone.

Eros: You don't have to Miss King, the passion will guide you, just as it guides me.

"I Touch Myself" started back up and Eros walked to the ring, somehow creating more questions than he answered in his interview.

Rating: 58

Vanessa King gained 1 point of overness from this segment. Eros gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Eros vs Black Dragon

Black Dragon and Frederick Knight were out next, not outwardly hostile toward each other after the main event miscommunication at Natural Selection, but not buddy-buddy either.

Eros worked a headlock to start, gyrating suggestively as he did. Black Dragon, ever the solid veteran, grabbed Eros by the back of his mask, yanking him down into an inverted DDT. Dragon would go on to miss a dropkick, with Eros capitalizing on the miscue by bouncing off the ropes and down onto Dragon with a sit-down splash. Unfortunately for the repackaged Elliott Bumblebum, that was his offensive peak, as Dragon reversed a neckbreaker into a bulldog, then dominated for five more minutes before finishing Eros off by going to the top and nailing his Dragon Press for the easy three.

Dames: ***1/4

After a commercial break, Jack Douglas and Bret Hart introduced a videotaped clip of Jamie, Paul London, and a very special guest.

Jamie Sits Down With Paul London and Chance

This spot starts off just as previous sit-downs between Jamie and Paul have, with the two sitting in a room for a pretaped interview. This time, they've been joined by Chance, who is sitting next to London.

Jamie: Hi GPW Fans, Jamie here with Paul London and the newest GPW superstar: Chance. Guys, I feel a little nervous -- I'm used to doing this with you Paul, but I haven't done your friend yet.

London is used to Jamie's antics, and manages to restrain himself to a grin. Chance, on the other hand, can't hold back a laugh.

Jamie: Is he all right?

London: He'll be fine.

Jamie started to read from a card in her hand, her delivery similar to that of a nervous third grader asked to read aloud from a textbook.

Jamie: Paul, you beat Black Dragon in one of the best matches in GPW History last Sunday. Looking back, what do you think about the match?

London: That was one of the best matches I've ever been a part of. Dragon gave me everything he had and more -- my knee still isn't 100 percent. If Knight doesn't get involved, who knows what happens?

More card reading for Jamie.

Jamie: Now you're looking at a big match against Sean Casey. Casey has beaten top star after top star on his way to this match. Does he imitate you?

London: Does he what?

Paul took the card from Jamie's hand.

London: Oh, ok. Does he intimidate me? No, no he doesn't. I respect Sean Casey -- anyone who has watched him beat Shelley, Fives, or Randy Reeves has to respect that kind of talent -- but I'm not intimidated. To be a real champion, you have to firmly believe that you can beat anyone if you give it your all, and that's how I feel.

Jamie, a little unnerved after mispronouncing "intimidate," pouts as she carefully reads the next question.

Jamie: Paul London isn't the only subject of this interview. Chance is the newest arrival in Genesis Pro Wrestling, and has been given some time to introduce himself to the world. Chance, tell us a little bit about yourself.

Chance: I was drawn to this sport at a young age, then I got hooked when the cruiserweights started to get lots of TV time. I liked the guys who could fly all over the place, coming off the top rope and falling ten feet without wires or a net. They took risks, and that's what life is all about.

Jamie: Life is all about watching people jumping off of the top rope?

Chance: No! Life is about being the guy who is jumping off the top rope. It's about risk, taking a chance. Chance is what makes the world go round Jamie, if nobody ever took a risk, we'd still be lost in the dark ages.

Jamie: What chances are you going to take tonight?

Chance: Going up against The Round Table is a chance, it's as risky as walking into the MGM Grand or the Bellagio and betting your life savings on black. Why does the casino always win Jamie?

Jamie: Um...

Chance: Because the numbers are on their side, just like they are with The Round Table, but Paul and I are gonna try to do the impossible tonight and beat the house. Is it risky? Yeah, but it's a chance I'm willing to take.

Rating: 67

Jamie gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

The Round Table (Ash Parker & J.T. Smith w/Frederick Knight) vs Paul London and Chance

Chance and Parker started off the festivities, with the newcomer surprising Ash with a rushing headbutt before taking him down with a Hurricanrana. Chance continued the offensive with light maneuvers like dropkicks and armdrags before graduating to the much more effective head and arm suplex. Chance brought Ash to his feet, whipping the conspiracy theorist into the corner, where he missed a Stinger Splash, with Parker moving out of the way of an overzealous Chance.

Chance's miscue bought Parker enough time to tag in to JT Smith, starting a long stretch of match where JT and Ash cut the ring in half well, taking turns pummeling Chance while keeping the GPW champion out of the match. The plan fell apart when Chance leapfrogged Ash Parker, came off the ropes quickly, then dove into Parker with a flying bodypress. Chance and Ash recovered around the same time, but Parker couldn't get to his foe quick enough to prevent the hot tag to Paul London.

London, doing his best Robert Gibson impression, cleaned house after the hot tag, knocking down Smith, then cleaned Parker's clock with the same move, repeating the process until Chance gathered the strength to take himself and Smith over the top with the old Cactus Clothesline. London focused on Parker, trying to take Ash down with a spinebuster that Parker turned into a DDT. Parker nodded at Knight who nodded back, which led Ash to pick London off the mat and whip him into the ropes. Upon seeing the whip, Knight turned his head, never noticing that London reversed the Irish whip. Knight accidentally tripped up Ash Parker, leading to London dropping Ash with a Downward Spiral that left him in perfect position for the London Calling, and that was all she wrote.

Winners: Paul London & Chance

Quality: 84

Crowd: 50

Overall: 67

Frederick Knight is livid

Knight: Black Dragon, get the out here now!

Black Dragon, in street clothes but still wearing his mask, walked to the ring, standing between Parker and Smith.

Knight: What is so special about Paul London? I do all I can for my Round Table, and none of you can beat him! I haven't seen this kind of ineptitude since I Spaceman Frank Hickey tried to dethrone Verne Gagne in St. Paul back in '71! I'll tell you one thing, if Sean Casey were here tonight, he'd be livid!

The Legend paced around the ring, still intending to chew out his group.

Knight: There's a weak link here, and if it takes longer than a Broadway between Gene Kinski and Harley Race to find it, that's what I'll do.

Black Dragon pulled the mic away from Knight.

Dragon: Fred, if there's a weak link around here, it's you.

Knight was livid, stomping on the mat and yelling indecipherable garble at The Black Dragon.

Dragon: What happened at Natural Selection? I had Paul London beat -- he couldn't walk, it was just a matter of time before his leg gave out and he couldn't continue -- but you had to step into the spotlight! You had to try to cheat when I had London in trouble! You had to try to cheat tonight, and it backfired. You're the weak link!

Knight took the mic, but soon backed off as Parker and Smith advanced on him, looking like they agreed with The Dragon.

Knight: No, my friend, you're the problem! You know why you've never made it in fifteen years Como? Because you're weak. You were too weak to finish the job on London when I tried to help you. You won't take that extra step to win. Ash and JT would, Sean Casey will at Breaking Point, but you have a conscience Bret, and that'll always be your downfall.

The Legend's rationale stopped the advance of Smith and Parker. The crowd was taken aback because of Knight calling Dragon by his real name -- Bret Como.

Knight: Did Flair do the right thing when he broke Dusty's ankle? No sir. Was Larry Zybyzko taking the moral high ground when he battered his mentor Bruno? Of course not. They had killer instincts, and they fed on the people who didn't -- just like The Round Table will right now!

On cue, Smith and Parker turned around, mowing Dragon down with a double clothesline. Parker headed to the top while Smith planted Dragon with a single arm DDT, doing so while Knight left the ring, stole a chair from a fan in the front row, then rolled back into the ring. Smith rested the chair on Dragon's midsection while Parker leaped off the top, coming down on the chair with a double stomp. Dragon began to tremble and blood started to pour from his mouth.

Hart: That's going too far! Ash Parker could have ruptured Black Dragon's internal organs!

Parker and Smith held Dragon up while Knight slapped him. After the slap, Knight picked up the chair, ready to bash it over his former charge's head before Chance and Paul London returned with chairs of their own, running off the heels before tending to The Dragon. The show came to a close with London, Chance, and Bret Hart checking on Black Dragon while Jack Douglas sepeculated that an internal injury could be the end of his 15 year career.

Overall: 53

Black Dragon lost 4 points of overness from this segment. Black Dragon's turn was completed, and he is now a face. Black Dragon gained 2 points of overness from this turn.

Overall Rating: 61

Best Segment: Black Dragon d. Eros

Worst Segment: Dragon Gets Das Boot

Best Match: Dragon/Eros

Worst Match: London/Chance d. Smith/Parker

Revolution picked up another 0.0 rating, oh well... We're up to 84 PI... Oh! Well...

Note on Black Dragon -- he lost overness for three reasons: the first being that our writers are subpar, the second being that Dragon has the charisma of a Styrofoam cup, and finally, he was (well, is) much more over than Knight, Parker, and Smith.

No major news to report this week, but on the next Revolution, we'll have Bret Hart making an important announcement regarding January 16th's Breaking Point. As far as matches go, Ash Parker tries to exact his revenge on Chance, while Austin Pennington Jr. comes off his victory over Randy Reeves by taking on the returning "Extreme" Tony Kozina.

So far, the only matched booked for Breaking Point should be one hell of a fight.

GPW Heavyweight Title -- Sean Casey vs Paul London ©

Frederick Knight is hell bent on bringing the GPW Heavyweight Title into the possession of his Round Table. Black Dragon failed to dethrone Paul London, and was booted from Knight's stable in short order. Now, Knight has employed his most dangerous charge -- Sean Casey -- to take London's title from him.

I really liked this show. The Eros promo was golden and I hope he gets a promo with Jamie sometime in the near future. Speaking of Jamie her promo with London and Chance was great and her mispronouncing intimidate was hilarious.

The Dragon turn was well written but I think it was a little too sudden. Building it up a little bit more before actually doing it would have went over better.

The big show was pretty good especially the London/Dragon match.

Guest BriFidelity

98 People came to the show this week, and they were greeted by GPW Owner Bret "The Hitman" Hart standing in the middle of the ring.

GPW Revolution: Episode Eight (December 24, 2004)

Bret Hart makes an announcement to open the show.

Hart: A few months back at September Showdown, I did something I can look back at now and call a mistake -- I put my hands on one of the GPW wrestlers: Chris Stylez. What Chris Stylez did to Michael Shane that night had to be stopped, but I wasn't the one who should have done it. After that night, I promised myself that I would never get physically involved again.

Bret stopped, he'd been talking to the crowd long enough to know when to take a break to let them digest what he said.

Hart: Last week, I came real, real close to breaking that promise. What the Round Table did to Black Dragon was despicable, and will not be tolerated. First things first, I am fining Frederick Knight five thousand dollars, and Ash Parker and JT Smith a thousand dollars each.

Cheers from the crowd.

Hart: Black Dragon isn't ready to wrestle right now, but he'll be back on January 16th for Breaking Point, and when he returns, he'll be going up against Ash Parker.

Douglas: Big news from Bret Hart!

Hart: And since he had the courage to stand up to the Round Table on his first night on the job, I am offering Chance a spot on the card at Breaking Point. Not only that, but Chance will be able to select any opponent he wants, provided they're not already booked.

More cheers.

Hart: Make sure to stay tuned, as we'll make even more great matches that'll make Breaking Point the best show there is, the best show there was, and the best show there ever will be.

Ash Parker vs Chance

The beginning of the battle was incredible, with Chance coming out guns blazing and Ash Parker answering the call at each turn. Chance's high speed, full tilt offensive style was enough to overwhelm Parker early, taking Ash down with a perfectly placed dropkick to the mouth, followed up by a flying bodypress that sent both wrestlers through the middle ropes. Once outside, Chance went to the apron, hopping off with an Asai Moonsault, which Parker narrowly escaped from, crashing to the floor. The action went back to the ring, where Parker dominated for a while before losing the advantage when Chance spun out of the Ashes to Ashes (Tornado Urinage), countering with a swinging DDT. Chance went to the top to follow up on his counter, but Frederick Knight shook the top rope, crotching Chance. Parker recovered quickly enough to hit a top rope DDT to score the tainted victory.

Quality: 80

Reaction: 46

Overall: 56

Dames: **

Austin Pennington Jr. Has Something To Say

Pennington came out in dress pants and his blue Yale Letter Jacket. The crowd, still taking a cue from Randy Reeves, chanted "Penny Sucks."

Pennington: This world can be puzzling sometimes. People just like me -- the successful, rich, and respected -- are oft rejected by a certain sect of society. Counter cultures form, then find events to congregate around.

Cocky pause from Pennington, who knows by now how to turn up the dickishness.

Pennington: That's why we have sickening spectacles like the X Games and idiots leaping over buses and trucks on motorcycles. Anything to lure a group of social misfits into a park to see other social misfits fly through the air on a bike or a board.

Boos from a few of the Vans wearing segment of the crowd, with the rest of the fans soon following suit.

Pennington: They call it extreme, I call it pathetic! And to make matters worse, the likes of Tony Kozina and Billy Fives are here in GPW, polluting the very landscape I have tried so hard to purify, and I will not stand for it! I took the moral high ground when I defeated the moronic Randy Reeves five nights ago, I will do the same thing tonight against Tony Kozina, and if he's willing to accept my offer, I will do the same thing to Billy Fives at Breaking Point.

More boos.

Pennington: Quiet! You imbeciles can have your skating boards and death defying leaps, for all I care about is the sport of kings, and that -- Anthony and William -- is why I am the best wrestler money can buy.

Chance Makes His Decision.

Once Penny was done doing his thing, the shot cut backstage to the locker room, where Chance was sitting on an old wooden bench in front of a locker sporting one coat of faded blue paint.

Chance: Bret Hart was real, real gracious tonight and gave me the chance to be on the main show at Breaking Point. Not only do I get to be on the main show, but he's letting me name my opponent from anyone not already booked.

Chance: Sometimes, the chances you take are random -- like a roulette wheel, you never know what number is coming up. Other times, you take a chance on an educated guess -- like in blackjack. Tonight, I'm thinking blackjack, not roulette.

Chance stood up off of the bench.

Chance: I'd love a shot at Paul London, but Sean Casey has that covered. Title shot aside, I'd really like to beat the living daylights out of Ash Parker after what happened earlier tonight, but he's got a date with Black Dragon he'll never forget.

Chance: That leaves me with one chance left to take, which means that at Breaking Point, I'll be going one on one with...

Dramatic Pause (five cents to Lance Storm).

Chance: JT Smith.

With that, we made a cut to the announcers to debate Chance's decision.

Douglas: I guess it's official, we're gonna see JT Smith vs Chance at Breaking Point!

Hart: Talk about a big chance -- if he can beat JT Smith at Breaking Point, Chance will have it made in GPW.

Chance gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

TV Main Event: "Extreme" Tony Kozina vs Austin Pennington Jr.

Back to the ring, where Austin Pennington Jr. was awaiting the presence of the returning "Extreme" Tony Kozina, who had been M.I.A. since losing to Black Dragon a few months ago. Once Kozina was in the ring, he locked up with Pennington, only to have Austin catch a headlock, which Kozina pushed off of, sending Austin into the ropes and allowing Tony to drop on his back, bring up his feet, then send Pennington sailing overhead with a modified monkey flip. Tony Kozina kept the advantage for a few minutes, managing to stay one step ahead of his refined foe with his blazing speed.

Speed wasn't enough to keep Kozina in the driver's seat after Pennington stopped an attempted 450 splash by bringing up his knees. Sensing that Kozina had injured his ribs, Penningyon kicked Tony in the side full-force before locking on an Abdominal stretch. Austin managed to slow the action down and focus on making the fight a technical battle, twisting Tony into a pretzel and keeping him grounded. Kozina had a few minor rallies, but never really got back into the swing of things, losing out when he fell victim to The Recession and a squeaky clean three count.

Quality: 77

Reaction: 45

Overall: 54

Best Segment: Bret books Parker vs Dragon

Worst Segment: Pennington vs Kozina

Best Match: Chance vs Parker

Worst Match: Pennington vs Kozina

All of this was good enough for a 0.0 rating.

No big news in the wrestling world this week, but next week's Revolution will definitely be big and newsworthy. Austin Pennington Jr. will be back in action, scheduled to face Eros. Also in action will be the man Pennington defeated at Natural Selection, the ever-popular Randy Reeves, who will face The Round Table's Ash Parker.

As always, everything will build to Natural Selection. Three matches have been signed so far, with more to come.

Chance vs JT Smith

This is the chance of a lifetime for the GPW newcomer, who gets a crack at a man who has been with the company since Day One -- JT Smith, The Round Table's enforcer.

Ash Parker vs Black Dragon

The last time Black Dragon appeared on GPW Television, he was left bloody at the hands of his former stablemates in The Round Table. The Dragon will return on January 16th, and he'll have his sights on the young gun of Frederick Knight's Round Table, noted conspiracy theorist Ash Parker.

GPW Heavyweight Title -- Sean Casey vs Paul London ©

Frederick Knight is hell bent on bringing the GPW Heavyweight Title into the possession of his Round Table. Black Dragon failed, and was booted from Knight's stable in short order. Now, Knight has employed his most dangerous charge -- Sean Casey -- to take London's title from him. Frederick Knight has demonstrated that failure will not be taken lightly, so the pressure could be just as great on Casey as it is on the GPW Champion.

Guest BriFidelity

103 people showed up tonight, making this the first time Revolution has eclipsed the century mark.

Revolution: Episode #9 (December 31, 2004)

A Pretaped Message From Chance

Revolution opened with a video of Chance standing outdoors with nothing but blue skies behind him.

Chance: Every wrestler has a different approach to training. Some guys do wind sprints until they puke, others lift weights in a gym for three hours a day. I'd say that most, if not all of the wrestlers out there today train with a mix of aerobics and strength training.

The wind whipped hard, blowing ripples through Chance's T-shirt.

Chance: And that's the way it's been for decades. Nobody wants to get innovative with their training, no one wants to take a chance.

Pause...

Chance: Except for me.

Chance flashed a million dollar smile.

Chance: Oh, there's a place for the old standbys, and I'll run laps and lift weights to get ready for J.T. Smith, but I'm also training my wits. You can temper nerves of steel -- I want to be able to come off that top rope with maximum confidence, and I can help myself do that by taking chances like this.

Chance stood, then the shot changed to show that he was standing in a bungee tower about seventy feet in the air.

Chance: Any questions?

With that, Chance jumped, springing back up as if attached to a rubber band.

Overall: 53

Chance gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

"I Touch Myself" was already playing Eros to the ring when the feed from the arena came through. Eros rolled into the ring, where he waited for his opponent -- Austin Pennington Jr. The announcers made use of the time Austin took coming out to announce that a match between Austin Pennington Jr. and Billy Fives had been signed for Breaking Point.

Eros vs Austin Pennington Jr.

We knew it was another chapter in the Jeff Roth/Elliott Bumblebum-Austin Pennington saga, but this match was all new to the fans, who either don't know who Eros was, or -- more likely -- knew and didn't care. Pennington started out with his typical mat work, intercepting an Eros fist and turning it into a hammer lock, pushing Eros into the ropes and catching him reeling off the rebound with a backslide for a quick two. After another minute or two of schooling by Pennington, Eros scored a hiptoss and followed up with a beautiful dropkick, finishing off his combination with an... interesting Thesz press followed by provocative gyrations. Eros and Pennington went on to have a competitive contest, one that finished when Eros scooped Pennington up for a slam, only to have Austin slide down his back, catching Eros in an inverted front face lock, quickly spinning him around with The Recession for the pin.

Quality: 85

Crowd: 52

Backstage With Frederick Knight & Ash Parker

We start with The Legend, Mr. Knight, standing in front of a locker room door, impatiently calling out to an off-screen Ash Parker.

Knight: Ash, get ready to go! You're in the next match.

Parker: Yeah, one second.

Knight: One second? What in the hell are you talking about one second? Lou Thesz didn't win seven world titles by procrastinating? No he didn't. I saw Lou in the locker room the night before a big title match at Comiskey Park, and the man spent the half hour leading up to the match doing hindu squats, then 50 push-ups with Whipper Billy Watson sitting on his back. He was ready to go when he was called!

Frederick walked over to Parker, who was hovered over something that commanded his complete attention.

Knight: What are you doing?

Parker: This means something.... This is important.

Ash stood back, looking at a mound of mashed potatoes shaped into the form of a dragon.

Knight: For the love of Strangler Lewis, what did I tell you about watching Spielberg movies before a big match? Did George Hackenschmidt play with his food?

Parker: No.

Knight: That's right. He ate a raw steak, washed it down with the blood he drained from that piece of carcass, then did 5,000 sit-ups, that's what he did. Now, do you want to be like Richard Dreyfuss, or do you want to be like George Hackenschmidt?

Parker: George.

Knight: Good call, son. Good call. You'll be the next Russian Lion in no time.

Parker: But I'm not Russian.

Knight: Just get ready for that no good Randy Reeves.

Fade out with a shot of the dragon shaped potatoes.

Frederick Knight gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

A Moment With Randy Reeves And Jamie

Randy and Jamie were out for the customary promo/parody session. The fans were already popping hard for Reeves and ogling Jamie by the time they got into the ring. Instead of having Jamie start things off, as was customary, Randy was the one to grab the mic first.

Reeves: I know I should be talkin' about Ash Parker tonight, but I have something more important to speak about. London, I wanna talk about you.

Jamie: Randy! Wait a minute!

Reeves sighed, preparing for the stupidity to come flowing free.

Reeves: What is it?

Jamie: I don't think GPW does anything in London. Besides, a promo about London would be boring -- what would you talk about, the big clock?

A quick note to the execs at The Learning Channel, she did say CLOCK.

Reeves: Darlin, I'm not talking about London the city, I'm talking about Paul London. Y'know, the GPW champ. You interviewed him last week.

Jamie: Ohhhhhhhhh.

Reeves: Paul, buddy, I respect the hell out of you, and I would fight side by side with you any time, but on the other hand, ol' Randy wants a crack at that big, gold, GPW Title belt.

Some cheers, understandable considering that Reeves and London are two of the most popular wrestlers in GPW.

Reeves: Now I understand that Sean Casey is the number one contender, and your buddy Randy isn't exactly next in line after Case-Case, so I have to prove my worth before someone throws a title shot ol' Randy's way. As a matter of fact, I wrote a little rap about how I can do just that.

Brief pause from the GPW Impresario

Reeves: Let's go.

A knock-off of D12's "How Come?" fires up.

How Come.. Stylez ain't the main event no more

Ain't even on the show no more

Ever since Chrissy lost to Paul.

Gone from champ to bagger at the grocery store.

And the boys in the locker room say Chris is duckin' Randy Reeves

Chattered teeth and quakin' knees.. begging for mercy

And Chris, bro, if that ain't true

Come and see me.. I say at Breaking Point.. me versus you!

The fans came forth with a HUGE response for Randy R's challenge, showering Reeves with cheers as he went to his corner, awaiting Ash Parker.

Overall: 72

Jamie gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

TV Main Event: Ash Parker (w/Frederick Knight) vs Randy Reeves (w/Jamie)

Parker locked up with Reeves to start, bringing the parodist down with a top wristlock, then took an open shot with a kick to the stomach, making Reeves fall on his face, clutching his abdomen. Parker continued by planting a knee in between Randy's shoulders, then grabbed Double R's arms and pulled back. Randy escaped the hold by wiggling far enough to the right to drape his leg on the bottom rope, with Parker complaining that the referee was conspiring against him when forcing him to relinquish the hold. The argument bought Randy Reeves enough time to roll Parker up for two. Ash was incensed when he got up from the kickout, which created another opening Randy took full advantage of with a dropkick to the jaw.

Reeves didn't have many more high points through the match, as Parker took full control after catching Randy with a big kneelift five minutes into the bout, clearly maintaining the advantage until ten minutes in, when he missed a high cross body. Parker's miscue created time for Reeves to drop Ash with a snap suplex, head to the top rope, where Randy flew off with a well executed frog splash. Randy tried to follow up with a double underhook suplex, but Ash broke free and pushed Randy's back into the corner. Parker dominated again up until thirteen minutes in, when he Irish whipped Reeves into the ropes and made the biggest mistake in the match by putting his head down. Randy wisely put on the brakes, slapped on a front facelock, then dropped Parker for the Parodizer and the pinfall.

Winner: Randy Reeves

Crowd: 49

Overall Rating: 66

Best Segment: The Jamie and Randy Show

Worst Segment: Chance Promo

Best Match: Reeves vs Parker

Worst Match: Pennington vs Eros

TV Rating: 0.0

In Other News...

FLI went belly up, leaving a lot of talented workers looking for a job. Unfortunately, nobody of real merit has low enough overness to be useful to me until we hit regional.

We lost over 100 grand in December despite trouncing our record for monthly income, due mostly to using a lot more open contract workers on Revolution as well as rising Production and Advertising costs. We could take a hit this month too, but things should pick up after that since, barring disaster, we'll hit Regional sooner than later.

WWE Dominated the end of the year top 100 list, with Angle, Jericho, Benoit, Lance Storm, and Eddie Guerrero being 1-5, and AJ Styles at #9 being the only thing preventing a top ten sweep.

Four current GPW Wrestlers made the list: Paul London (#48), Chris Stylez (#64), Super Dragon (#81), and Black Dragon (#98) The most glaring omissions on the list, in my book -- Sean Casey and "The Daredevil" Billy Fives.

WWE Signed EZ Money to a written deal, while Super Dragon signed an open deal with Ring of Honor, who he'll work with along with us, Osaka Pro, and IWA: Puerto Rico.

Next week, we'll have Chris Stylez making an appearance on the first Revolution of the New Year, where he'll wrestle as well as answer the challenge of Randy Reeves. Austin Pennington Jr. will be in action once again, taking on Chance. This Revolution will be the next to last before Breaking Point on January 16th, where you'll see the following:

Showcase (Dark) Match

Super Dragon vs Eros

Chance vs JT Smith

"The Daredevil" Billy Fives vs Austin Pennington Jr.

Black Dragon vs Ash Parker

GPW Title Match

Sean Casey vs Paul London

Edited by BriFidelity

Guest BriFidelity

Let's get right to it.

GPW Revolution: Episode 10 (January 7, 2005).

108 People showed up for Revolution for a gate of $1620

"The Main Attraction" Chris Stylez vs Eros

Eros was currently in the ring, while Stylez came out to open the show. The Main Attraction brawled to start, backing Eros into the corner and pummelling him with a steady stream of lefts and rights, finishing off the sequence with a blow that was halfway between a forearm and an elbow shot. The forearm/elbow made Eros stumble out of the corner, where he was promptly bulldogged by Stylez. The Main Attraction wrestled hard -- obviously with a chip on his shoulder -- for a while, dominating Eros for most of the early part of the match before the Greek God of Erotic Love powered out of an attempted Northern Lights Suplex and into a slow neckbreaker, channeling the spirit of the late Ravishing Rick Rude. Eros got some quality offense in on the first ever GPW Champion, but made a key error in trying for a big splash from the top, which Stylez rolled out of the way of. Thinking quickly, Stylez dragged Eros over to the corner, where he hit a split legged moonsault for three.

Winner: Chris Stylez

Quality: 86

Reaction: 56

Dames: **3/4

Vanessa King Tries to Get a Word in Edgewise.

Stylez was interrupted in the aisle by GPW's much hotter version of Mean Gene, Vanessa King, who got the crowd into the action with her short skirt and flowing blonde hair alone..

Vanessa: Chris Stylez...

Stylez cut off Ms. King by ripping the mic from her hand.

Stylez: Back off Vanessa, you're not needed tonight.

The Main Attraction shooed off the leggy interviewer with a dismissive wave, generating some heat in the process.

Stylez: Last week, Randy Reeves came out here and he trashed the hell out of The Main Attraction. And you know what?

Lingering pause...

Stylez: I deserved it.

Honesty is enough to get Stylez a mild pop.

Stylez: That idiot Reeves is right for once -- I'm not the main event anymore, I haven't been on TV all that much, and my last match was against a guy who was here for all of a month. It's true, my career has gone to hell ever since I lost to London.

Chris started to walk toward the entrance, stopping at the black curtain that led to the locker room.

Stylez: I have no problem with what was said last week, my problem's with the guy who said it. Reeves, you're a clown. You come out and rattle off a lame parody, then you let Jamie shake her ass for the hundred twenty-something virgins in the audience and the many more watching at home. You have no pride in yourself, so you're willing to be a comedy act. That lack of pride is a big reason why you'll never be the Main Attraction.

Chris nodded. Apparently, he agreed with himself.

Stylez: You won't ever get there, but I'll do it again. You woke me up Randy -- I'm ready to rededicate myself to doing what has to be done, and that's regaining the GPW Championship.

Just mentioning the championship brought a smile to Stylez's face.

Stylez: Just like you Randy, I'm going into Breaking Point with dreams of a shot at London or Casey dancing through my head. I'll go through you there, then I'll go through anyone else who tries to keep me from being what I'll always be...

Dramatic pause (another nickel in royalties to Mr. Storm).

Stylez: The Main Attraction.

Without another word, Styles tossed the mic to a miffed Vanessa King and retreated to the back.

Austin Pennington Jr. Speaks... and Speaks... and Speaks.

"Bulldog," the Yale Fight Song, brought out the esteemed Austin Pennington Jr. The New Age Aristocrat walked slowly to the ring, looking dismissively at the crowd of 108. Once inside the ring, Pennington went right for the stick.

Pennington: What I am about to say may make me a less than popular person with my peers in the locker room, but considering that they are, by and large, a hideous collection of the lowest forms of humanity in the world, I cannot say I care, so here it is -- I do not watch Revolution on television.

And judging by the Nielsens lately, Penny isn't alone.

Pennington: Quite frankly, other than the times I am on the program, I find the quality of this show to be somewhat lacking. How one can find entertainment in the revolting Randy Reeves or the putrid Paul London is beyond me. I consider myself fortunate that my upcoming opponent, Mr. Fives, has not been on television in some time -- I would rather watch paint dry than deal with a man who takes pleasure in such vapid enterprises as jumping over large gaps on a motorbike.

One might question why I'd have one of my guys trash our TV show on our TV show, but the response told me I made the right call -- these people hated Pennington, and if anything, he was motivating them to watch more. Reverse psychology at its finest.

Pennington: Unfortunately, I was in the locker room last week and had to watch the newest unfortunate young man to join the rank and file of GPW -- a simple man by the simple name of Chance -- partaking in an unbelievably idiotic practice, something called bungee jumping.

Pennington: I can not stand by and let the young minds watching this show be poisoned to the point where they think such a senseless act is "cool" or "hot" or "lukewarm" or whatever slang word the miseducated youth of this nation uses for good this week.

Pennington made sure to make use of air quotes, upping his annoying quotient considerably.

Pennington: That is why I asked for this match, so I can show the world that Chance is not an example to be followed. He, and other "thrillseekers" like Billy Fives will no longer corrupt the already impaired youth of America. I shall lead by example and be a real hero by showing the world once again that Austin Pennington Jr. is the best wrestler money can buy.

Done his sermon, Pennington handed the microphone to Jack Douglas and went to his corner, where he awaited Chance.

Overall: 61

Austin Pennington Jr. gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

TV Main Event: Chance vs Austin Pennington Jr.

Chance was out and the match was on, with the newcomer getting off to his usual fast start, moving about the ring too fast to be caught by Pennington, catching the Yale alum with quick punches and kicks and one off holds like armdrags and the like. Pennington briefly got the advantage with a wrist clutch suplex, but it was short lived as Chance avoided an attempted Wakitigame, fighting up to his feet and twisting Pennington into an armbar of his own. Austin freed himself of the armbar with an elbow to the face, but Chance ducked a second elbow once Austin was freed, hitting the deck and taking Austin to the mat with a drop toe hold.

Five minutes in and with Chance firmly in control, Pennington found himself Irish whipped in the corner. Chance ran in with a stinger splash, but the resourceful Pennington hit the deck and Chance hit the turnbuckle. Chance, having jumped high and hit his head on the ringpost, fell to the ground, giving Pennington time to roll him up and place his own feet on the second ropes for leverage -- the old Memphis Cradle. Heel chicanery aside, Chance kicked out at two. Although he had the power to kick out, Chance was pretty much defenseless, which allowed Pennington time to drag him out to the center of the ring, where he channeled Dory Funk Jr. and locked on a spinning toe hold, which Chance reversed into a small package for a close two.

The match was back and forth the rest of the way, with Chance having the slight upper hand as we approached the fifteen minute mark. Chance tried to finish off Pennington with his "Last Chance" finisher (a spinning version of Nova's Kryptonite Krunch), but Pennington escaped at the last second and flipped Pennington over with a sunset flip for two. Both men got up around the same time, with Pennington scoring a cheap knee to the groin. With Chance stunned from the nut shot, Pennington grabbed him in an inverted front face lock, spinning him around with The Recession and making the pin.

Dames: **1/4

After the match...

Chance tried to get up after The Recession, but fell victim to a run-in from Round Table head Frederick Knight and his charge Ash Parker, who stormed the ring and pelted the fallen newcomer with repeated stomps to the back. Not caring one way or another about the squabble, Pennington rolled out of the ring and cockily walked back to the locker room. Referee Mike Hunter kept trying to call for the bell, but the repeated dings weren't enough to stop Ash and Knight.

Hart: This is completely wrong Jack!

Douglas: Then do something about it!

Hart: I wish I could, but I can't. I have to stay out of this.

Stomps soon weren't enough, as Parker picked up Chance and planted him with a DDT. No sooner than Chance hit the ground than Knight scooped him up onto his shoulders, hitting his client J.T. Smith's signature JT Driver on Smith's Breaking Point opponent.

Deciding that they had caused enough destruction inside the ring, Knight slid out of the ring and cleared the announcer's table of all equipment (He did so very carefully, as we can't afford to break video equipment like WWE can) before ordering Ash to stand on said table. Once Parker was on the table, Knight rolled Chance onto the apron, where Parker picked him up as if in a powerslam. Parker waited in that position while Frederick grabbed the closest mic.

Knight: This, my boy, is for JT!

Parker spun Chance around sending him crashing through the announcer's table with his trademark Ashes to Ashes, causing Bret Hart and Jack Douglas to jump backward. Revolution came to a close with Parker and Chance laying injured in the wreckage of the table while Bret Hart, who had dropped his headset, and Frederick Knight exchanged some heated words.

Ash Parker gained 2 points of overness from this segment. Chance gained 1 point of overness from this segment. Frederick Knight gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

Overall Show Rating: 66

Best Segment: Stylez Interview

Worst Segment: Pennington Interview

Best Match: Stylez vs Eros

Worst Match: Pennington vs Chance

We got another 0.0 rating, but boosted our PI to 95. Barring disaster, Breaking Point will be the show that lifts us into Regional Status.

Our next show is the last Revolution before Breaking Point. Chance returns to the main event on this show, as he'll try to get a measure of revenge on The Round Table as he faces #1 Contender Sean Casey. Ash Parker will also be in action against the enigmatic, erotic Eros. All of this leads to Breaking Point, which has a concrete card now, as follows:

Showcase Match

Eros vs Super Dragon

Austin Pennington Jr. vs "The Daredevil" Billy Fives

J.T. Smith vs Chance

Randy Reeves vs "The Main Attraction" Chris Stylez

GPW Heavyweight Title

Sean Casey vs Paul London©

Guest BriFidelity

Right to the action this time, it's...

GPW Revolution -- Episode #11 (January 14, 2005)

101 people showed up, for a live gate of $1515. Down from last week, that's a surprise...

A Taped Message From Austin Pennington Jr.

Open with another video like the Chance bungee jump -- this one in the driveway of a large home. We're left to presume this is Pennington's house, but it's really the home of one of Bret's wealthier friends in the area.

Pennington: A hearty good evening to my physical and mental inferiors. As you know, I am the esteemed Austin Pennington Jr, the best wrestler money can buy. What you may not know about me is that, like my upcoming opponent William Fives, I enjoy the thrill of being on a motorized bicycle.

The shot panned out to show Pennington sitting on a platinum (BOOY... oh, sorry...) moped.

Pennington: I may not take hearty jumps on this machine, but I have complete control of this device.

Pennington started the motor, but didn't go anywhere.

Pennington: That is where Billy Fives and his ilk have got it all wrong. Billy wrestles like a daredevil, he runs around the ring taking needless chances, and he will usually make a major mistake. I never make mistakes Mr. Fives, not in life and not in the ring, that is why I arrive to the arena in a top shelf luxury car and you have to bum a ride in another wrestler's used Chevrolet.

Another tight shot, time to get serious.

Pennington: It is also why I will beat you at Breaking Point. You will make a mistake, and I shall ensure that said mistake will be the end of you.

Big, confident smile from Pennington -- the kind of cocky look that just makes you want to punch the guy.

Pennington: January sixteenth, Mr. Fives, that will be when your career falls into a recession.

Pennington sped off... well, slowly puttered off in the moped as the segment cut out.

The Pennington video cut out, with a shot of the ring taking its place. Ash Parker and Eros were already in the middle of the ring. Jack Douglas started to deliver the announcements, and the match was on.

Eros vs Ash Parker

Eros and Parker locked up to start, with Eros shooting Ash off into the ropes, coming back in hard and eating an Eros clothesline. Eros quickly took off after hitting the clothesline, springboarding off the ropes at the exact moment Parker got to one knee and whipping around to meet Parker with a dropkick to the face, sending the conspiracy theorist tumbling backward. Eros would keep going strong early, but Parker had his moments, nearly getting a pinfall five minutes in when he broke out of a Rude Awakening neckbreaker and caught Eros in a Dragon Suplex for a razor close two. Eros would come back strong, and seemed to have the match won as he went for his Last Seduction (Michinoku Driver) only to have Ash counter with a small package for a flukey three.

Quality: 93

After the match, Eros slapped the mat in frustration. The consolation cheers were many, showing that the crowd was behind him, but the losses were mounting.

Special Interview With Frederick Knight and Sean Casey

Frederick Knight, having just left with the victorious Ash Parker, came back out with the number one contender.

Knight: Sean, be quiet tonight, I'll do the talking. In fact, why don't you listen to this.

Knight handed Casey a walkman. Sean put the headphones on and started to bob his head to the music.

Knight: Now that Mr. Casey's senses have been dulled, I can talk about something important. Some people have asked me why I would bet the house on a buffoon like Sean Casey winning the GPW title. After all, a reasonably intelligent hardened veteran like Black Dragon couldn't dethrone Paul London, what chance does a guy who doesn't know a Death Valley Driver from a Fisherman's Buster have?

A suspenseful pause followed the rhetorical question.

Knight: Those people have obviously never heard of the concept of the malleable monster -- guys like Crazy Luke Graham, Maniac Mark Lewin, and yes... George Steele, all of whom were very dangerous despite having as much brainpower as Hulk Hogan has hair.

Frederick looked over at Casey, who smiled and nodded.

Knight: It's true that none of these men had big, big success and runs with the big gold, but none of those men ever had me either.

Big cocky smile from The Legend

Knight: Black Dragon lost last month because he had a conscience, I don't have to worry about that with Sean Casey. Sean is a blessing from high above -- a man with exceptional talents and a minimal brain -- the perfect mindset for me to get to work, shaping his mind in my own image.

Another look at Casey, another oblivious smile from the top contender.

Knight: Sean Casey doesn't have to think -- I do it for him, and I do it as well as anyone -- from Bobby Heenan to the late, great Grand Wizard of Wrestling -- ever has. Paul, you're not just going up against Sean Casey's incredible physical skills, you're matching wits with the Bobby Fischer of the game of human chess.

Knight put down the mic, took the headphones from Casey, and instructed his tabula rosa to head to the corner. Chance awaited.

Frederick Knight gained 3 point of overness from this segment.

TV Main Event: Sean Casey vs Chance

Once Chance entered the ring, Casey went right to work, hammering Chance with a forearm to the back as he tried to enter the ring before throwing him to the outside. Casey went to the top rope, coming off as Chance got up and sending him to the ground with a double axe handle, shades of Randy Savage. Casey brought Chance up, pasting him with a forearm before rolling him back into the ring. Once both wrestlers were back inside the ring, Casey dropped Chance with a brainbuster, which scored an early two count.

Casey's dominance lasted a little while longer, with Sean looking every bit the number one contender. Casey brought Chance to his feet after a vertical suplex, but the upstart surprised Sean with some punches to the gut. The fans began to cheer, getting into the rally, which fueled Chance to punch harder, then whip Casey into the ropes and tag him on the rebound with a high leg clothesline. Once Casey was down, Knight pulled him out of the ring by the leg, giving him a chance to take a breather... or so he thought, as Chance took both of them out with a suicide dive. Chance went on to roll Casey into the ring, where he popped him with a springboard hurricanrana for a two count.

Chance fought hard for a while, but Casey was just too good to be overcome. Sean rallied late in the match, blocking a chop and dropping Chance with an Exploder, bringing Chance down hard on his head and neck. Casey followed up with an equally vicious German suplex that made the fans gasp.

Douglas: Now he's just trying to hurt the kid, dropping him right on his head!

Hart: That's uncalled for Jack, you don't try to cripple the other guy.

The terrific contest came to a close after Casey flattened Chance with a jumping clothesline off the ropes and followed up by hitting his Fisherman's Buster, dubbed the "Death Valley Driver" for the three count.

Reaction: 58

Casey didn't finish after the match, instead putting the boots to Chance before picking him up and dropping him with another "DVD." At this point, Frederick Knight rolled in, placing a steel chair on the ground by the turnbuckle. Casey dragged Chance to the corner, where he set Chance up for a piledriver over the chair while Knight went to the second rope, poised to spike Chance onto the chair.

Bret Hart Puts A Stop To The Madness.

Bret Hart, having enough, stood up from the announcers table and grabbed the house mic.

Hart: Sean Casey, you stop right there, or you won't be going to Breaking Point!

Casey, who had Chance set up for the spike on the chair, stopped in his tracks.

Hart: Knight, I've had enough of your pack of cowardly, sniveling dogs swarming around and winning because you have the numbers on your side. It's gone on long enough!

BIG cheers.

Hart: I've tried barring you from the building, I've tried fining you, and none of it works. I'm not giving up though, I have something in store for you at Breaking Point, something that'll keep you honest all night.

The crowd started to hum with anticipation, wondering what Bret had in store for the Round Table.

Hart: Knight, your men are in three matches on Sunday, against three guys you've wronged. If you get involved in ANY of those matches, I will consider you an active wrestler in Genesis Pro Wrestling!

That declaration got big cheers from the crowd, enticed by a hissy fit from Knight in the ring.

Hart: If you interfere at Breaking Point, all three of your clients will be banned from the building next week on Revolution!

Knight stomped his feet in frustration, making the crowd hotter.

Hart: And they'll be banned for good reason, because you'll be in action Frederick. It'll be you versus Black Dragon!

No more stomping, Knight froze with a look of utter fear.

Hart: AND Chance, the two men you've engineered attacks on, in a handicap match!

Knight was still shocked, but the fans were absolutely electric.

Hart: Give those men or Paul London one more problem this Sunday, and I guarantee you that next Friday will be the worst night there is, the worst night there was, and the worse night there ever will be... for you!

Revolution came to a close with a tight shot of Frederick Knight frozen in fear.

Overall Rating: 69

Best Segment: Casey vs Chance

Worst Segment: Casey Interview

Best Match: Casey vs Chance

Worst Match: Eros vs Ash Parker

AFTER THE SHOW

With the Revolution taping done, Sophie, Bret and I were doing some last minute work -- finishing up the final booking plans for Breaking Point, just two days away. Most of the finishes were done, but the three of us were still waffling on the main event.

Bret: It has to be London. We're doing strong business with a strong babyface champion. It makes no sense to change course now.

Sophie: I don't know. Casey hit a stride tonight with his character. They wouldn't accept a buffoon as champion, but they'll accept an idiot being led around by a mastermind. Besides, Casey always has the best matches on the show -- London's good, but Casey's just a little bit better.

Brian: We're in a good spot here because you're both right, either one will work as champion. I'm tempted to just stay the course for a little while, but Casey can do something to change my mind. Is he still here?

Sophie: I'll go check.

Sophie left to find Sean Casey while Bret looked at me quizzically.

Bret: What's this all about?

Brian: We need some stability at the top. I've tried with Paul and got nowhere. I want to see if Casey's a better bet.

Before we could discuss anything else, Sophie was back with Sean Casey in tow.

Brian: Great match tonight Case, you're always good for a top-notch performance.

Casey: Thanks.

I slid Casey's payoff across the table to him, he thumbed through it to make sure everything was there, then stuffed the envelope into the pocket of his jeans.

Brian: Sean, we have to talk about the title match. This isn't a slight to you, but right now business is doing well, and I see no reason to stop Paul's run if he's drawing.

Casey: I understand. I'll put him over, no worries, you know that.

Brian: I know you would Sean, you're a great team player. That's why I wanted to give you this.

I had a thick document waiting in my right hand, I slid it across the table to Sean.

Casey: What's this?

Brian: A contract. Two years, $720,000. I'm looking for guaranteed stability at the top, and you can give it to me. Sign, and you're the new GPW champ. Don't, and I can't promise you anything.

Sean didn't give me an answer. He told me he would think about it and give me the word on Sunday. I have to confess, I was strongarming him a bit -- even if Sean doesn't sign, I'm really 50/50 on putting him over London. After all, Sean's more over and seems to work better matches than Paul. There's a bigger group of babyface challengers too -- Black Dragon, Randy Reeves, the surprisingly over Billy Fives, and a rematch with London would be waiting in the wings for Casey. As for Paul... a rematch with Casey or Stylez would draw, Pennington and Parker are on their way up, but not quite ready for the main event. Any way you look at it, there aren't as many money challengers on the heel side.

Decisions, decisions....

On to other events, our PI rests at 99, only a matter of time now. That time will be January 16, 2004 -- Breaking Point. The stage is set, here's what's going on.

Showcase Match: Eros vs Super Dragon

Eros delivered an impressive promo that endeared him with the GPW fans upon his debut, but has done nothing but lose since then. He'll get another chance to enter the winner's circle at Breaking Point, but it won't be easy against indy superstar Super Dragon in this battle of the masked men.

Pennington continues his war on the undesirables with a fight against the death defying Billy Fives. The Daredevil has foregone promo time and endeared himself to GPW fans with great match after great match, and can vault himself into the GPW Title picture with a win over the greatest wrestler money can buy. Likewise, Pennington could find himself in the title picture with a win over one of GPW's best.

Chance vs J.T. Smith

J.T. Smith has been with GPW since the very beginning, one of six men who took part in the one night tournament to crown the first GPW Champion. On the other hand, Chance was unemployed a month ago, but entered GPW in a big way by teaming up with Paul London to defeat Smith and Ash Parker. After that match, Black Dragon was unceremoniously dumped from the round table, but was saved from a more serious beating by Chance and London. As a reward for making that save, Chance was given a shot at anyone not already booked at Breaking Point, and chose the Round Table's enforcer.

Respect for his opponent at Natural Selection caused Black Dragon to lose his title match against Paul London. To make matters worse, Dragon was beaten down by his former stablemates the next Friday at Revolution, an attack that culminated when The Dragon suffered internal bleeding at the hands of a chair-assisted double stomp from the top rope by Ash Parker. Black Dragon's been on the shelf ever since, but he'll be back in a big way at Breaking Point, when he'll get his chance at revenge against Parker.

Two of the GPW originals have found themselves lost in the midcard, yearning for a chance at the top. Reeves has lost his last two singles matches at big shows, while Stylez has yet to return to main event status after dropping the GPW Heavyweight Title to Paul London. While this match is not officially for a title shot, the winner will definitely be in prime position to receive one, while the loser will find himself on the outside looking in.

Main Event, GPW Heavyweight Title Match: Sean Casey vs Paul London©

Ever since Paul London's title win over Chris Stylez two months ago at The Beginning of the End, he has found himself the target of Frederick Knight and his Round Table. At Breaking Point, Knight has secured a title shot for his prized pupil, a man of spectacular talents he has complete mental control over: Sean Casey. Paul London has been stellar as champion, but he'll really have to face two challenges at Breaking Point -- the skill of Sean Casey and the brainpower of the devious Frederick Knight. On the bright side, London's job became much easier on Friday, when Bret Hart mandated that Frederick Knight was forbidden to interfere in any matches, with the penalty for interference being a booking on the wrong end of a handicap match with Chance and Black Dragon.

Look for Breaking Point sometime in the middle of next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday. Feel free to post predictions if you want to.

I sat down and read this today, and it is fantastically done. Really looking forward to Breaking Point, and the high probability of the handicap match.

Predictions:

Super Dragon d. Eros

Pennington d. Fives

Chance d. Smith

Black Dragon d. Parker

Stylez d. Reeves

Casey d. London (due to interference from Knight)

Storyline prediction: Knight gets handicap match, only to debut new monster heel to replace Black Dragon in the Round Table

Keep up the great work.

Showcase Match: Eros vs Super Dragon

Chance vs J.T. Smith

Main Event, GPW Heavyweight Title Match: Sean Casey vs Paul London©

I rarely enter the Dome, but I must say this:

I Just read the entire diary, and I must say, this is teh shit. Keep this up man, and it looks like a lock that your going up Regional. Getting up to the next level is going to be alot more difficult though. Given some financial space, you'll probably be forced to make a few signings to get you some more PI. Good luck man, and I can't wait for Breaking Point.

• 1 month later...
Guest BriFidelity

Yeesh, just when I was getting some momentum and writing some good shows (in my opinion) I go and disappear for two months... again. Let's see if the third time's the charm as I pull GPW out of the mothballs once again.

GPW Presents: Breaking Point (January 16, 2005)

I couldn't have imagined this kind of success when we were playing to a few dozen people at the start, but Breaking Point drew 509 fans, well over ten times the number we drew for our original show, for a live gate of $10,180, outdrawing the likes of NWA Wildside, CZW, AAA, and others.

Showcase Match: Super Dragon vs Eros

Fans arriving early were treated to an incredible show as one of the most talked about indy superstars, the infamous Super Dragon took on the talented, perhaps underutilized Eros. The match started off strong, with Dragon rattling Eros's knees with vicious side kicks, hitting just above the kneecap with surgical precision. After a few such kicks, Eros was looking for the strike, so Dragon switched things up and took him down with a basic single leg takedown. The crowd, decidedly behind Eros, hated the next few minutes, as Dragon systematically took apart the Greek God of Erotic Love, finishing him off rather easily with The Psycho Driver.

Eros left the ring looking rather dejected. Doesn't get much lower on the totem pole than losing a dark match.

Winner: Super Dragon

Opener: JT Smith vs Chance

Chance, like any good fiery babyface, started off hot, pelting the curmudgeonly Smith with as many armdrags, dropkicks, hiptosses, and snap mares as one human being could possibly fit into a two minute timeframe. Smith had enough and rolled to the outside, but found no solace on the arena floor as Chance came over the top with a plancha, wiping Smith out. Chance shot a smile at Knight, who threw a fit, stomping and yelling, knowing that big time consequences awaited should he get involved in the action. After the playful baiting, Chance rolled Smith into the ring, then hopped over the top rope, landing with a legdrop onto Smith's windpipe, resulting in a two count.

Chance tried to pick Smith up after the near fall, but fell victim to a nutshot, and later a DDT. Smith maintained control of the match for a while, slowing down the pace considerably with some offense that was decidedly less fast-paced than what we'd see from Chance, but far from boring. Smith kept emphasis on working Chance's shoulder by using tried and true moves like shoulder breakers and underhanded tactics such as throwing his upstart opposition shoulder first into the ring post. The offensive flurry continued for about 5-7 minutes before Smith locked on a full nelson, his first attempt at a submission.

After spending about a minute trying to fight his way out, Chance worked the hold loose enough to drop out of Smith's grip, dropped to the mat, bringing Smith with him in a modified Victory Roll for two. Chance followed up with a hurricanrana, only to lift off once on JT's shoulders to drop him with a DDT. To finish the offensive flurry, Chance came off the top with a split legged moonsault for two. Five minutes of back and forth action leaning slightly Chance's way ensued before Chance tried a flying body press, only to be caught by the veteran Smith, who had read the move perfectly and planted the upstart with The JT Driver for a pinfall.

Winner: JT Smith

Quality: 80

Reaction: 50

Randy Reeves and Jamie Are at it Again

Randy Reeves and Jamie were the first slated interview of the night, and were greeted with the usual warm reaction.

Jamie: Hey GPW!!!

Big pop. Jamie can elicit a big pop by reading a recipe for meatloaf, provided her outfit was skimpy enough.

Jamie: I know it's wrong to look past tonight's match, but Randy has something important to sing about tonight. He wants the gold! He wants the big belt!

Approaching corny in 5... 4... 3.. oh wait, we're already there.

Randy: You better believe it Jamie. All due respect to our champ, Paul, he's great, but Ol' Randy wants the strap, just like everyone else.

Jamie: Great point Randy, everyone wants it -- what guy in the locker room doesn't wrestle with Paul London, then strap it on?

Ok, now we're reaching...

Randy: We're still talking about the GPW Title, right hon?

Jamie: Of course!

Randy looked at Jamie for a moment, still puzzled by the lack of brainpower.

Randy: Just hit the music!

The parodized song du jour: Outkast's mega hit "Hey Ya"

1, 2, 3, uh!

Ol' Randy's not messin 'round

because I want the gold

And this I know for sho'

Don't matter if it's Casey or London

cause once I'm done with Stylez, yo, it's time for war.

Don't even try to fight me Chris

because I got the feeling

that tonight's my night

Chris is awful, yeah. The only thing

that's stinkin' worse than him

Is Mr. Frederick Knight

Before the third chorus can hit, "Do or Die" by The Dropkick Murphy signals the arrival of The Main Attraction.

Overall: 79

Jamie gained 2 points of overness from this segment. Randy Reeves gained 1 point of overness from this segment

"The Main Attraction" Chris Stylez vs Randy Reeves

Stylez ran into the ring, but was pounded by Reeves as he got to his feet. After a few heavy forearms to the back of the head, Reeves whipped Stylez into the ropes, taking him out with a beautiful spinning heel kick as Stylez came back. Stylez tried for a breather, but Reeves followed him out, planting a double axe handle into the retreating Main Attraction's back before throwing him back into the ring. Once inside, Randy went right to work, putting Stylez down in the middle of the ring with a snap suplex, hanging on and rolling into another snap suplex... then a third. After the third consecutive snap suplex, Randy brought his legs up, grapevining Stylez in a modified small package for a two count.

Randy tried to stay on Stylez, laying stomps onto The Main Attraction's back, forcing the ex-champion to slide out of the ring once more. Reeves tried to make chase, but Stylez pulled a page out of heel Randy Savage's book, hiding behind Jamie. Reeves tried to work his way around his beautiful second, only to be slugged in the gut by the crafty Stylez. Chris followed up by tossing Reeves into the guardrail, where he laid stomps into Randy's back while Referee Mike Hunter laid down the count, reaching six before Stylez picked Reeves up and rolled him into the ring. Back inside, Stylez planted Reeves with a double arm DDT for two. The Main Attraction did a solid job of keeping Randy in check, dominating the music man for much of the middle of the match.

Stylez's dominance peaked with another Double Arm DDT, which Chris Stylez tried to follow with a Split Legged Moonsault that missed the mark. Reeves took the opportunity to make a superman comeback, pelting Stylez with dramatic punches, climaxing in a clothesline, after which Reeves surprised Stylez with a knee to the gut and a Parodizer, bringing the fans to their feet in the biggest pop in GPW history -- due in no small part to this crowd being about five times bigger than any other before it. The pop turned to a massive "awwww!" when Stylez found the strength to kick out at two. Reeves went to the top, commanding the attention of everyone in the building, including Mike Hunter, allowing Stylez time to reach in his tights, pulling out a chain and wrapping it around his right hand. Stylez got to his knees, with Reeves simultaneously leaping off the top with a double axe handle. Reeves didn't connect, but Stylez did, driving the chain wrapped fist into Randy's stomach. Randy doubled over in pain, spitting out blood. Stylez, as resourceful as anyone, climbed to the top, driving Randy's face into the mat with The Headliner for the win, thrusting him back near the top of title contention.

Winner: Chris Stylez

Quality: 76

Reaction: 61

This one would come down to who could dictate the pace. Early on, Pennington won that battle, keeping Fives on the ground, twisting him into a kind of modified grounded hammerlock. The more Billy tried to wiggle free, the deeper Austin cinched the hold in. Fives eventually got back to his feet, but Pennington had an answer, spinning through and taking The Daredevil down with an over the shoulder armdrag.

Douglas: Billy Fives is being twisted into a pretzel!

Hart: Love him or hate him, you have to admit that Austin Pennington is a great scientific wrestler.

Pennington would continue to school Fives on the mat for about five minutes, Billy never quite able to get aerial until reversing a swinging neckbreaker into a Northern Lights suplex bought him enough time to climb to the top, where he turned the tide with a missile dropkick.

Fives would manage to keep away from Pennington, obviously the superior grappler, instead preferring to stay out of range with strikes and quick attacks. The plan worked for a while, almost resulting in a pinfall when Fives hit Pennington with a Shining Wizard, the resounding *THWACK* resonating throughout the entire building like a firecracker going off. Unfortunately for The Daredevil and his many fans, Pennington draped his leg on the bottom rope before Mike Hunter could bring his hand down a third and final time.

Throughout the match, Fives managed to live up to his daredevil moniker, spending more time airborne than a Boeing 747. The high risk style caught up with him in a missed 450 Splash late in the match, the miscue leading Billy to be tied up in an STF for two minutes before he could wiggle on his stomach to the ropes. After the break, Fives and Pennington traded punches, signaling the start of intense back and forth action. Fives took control late with a beautiful European uppercut, then whipped Pennington into the ropes, with the Ivy Leaguer having the presence to hop onto the second rope, backflipping over Fives and catching him in a front facelock upon landing. Without giving Fives any time to counter, Pennington spun around with The Recession, staying on top of Fives for the three count.

Reaction: 63

Billy Fives lost 1 point of overness from this match. Austin Pennington Jr. gained 2 points of overness from this match.

Austin Pennington Jr. Grabs The Mic

Sweating and sucking wind, Austin Pennington Jr. took the mic to huff and puff his way through another promo.

Pennington: I know that Chris Stylez and Randy Reeves anointed their match for the number one contendership, a stipulation formally attached by no one in particular, but if anyone, ANYONE is worthy of being awarded an opportunity to be the man that represents Genesis Pro Wrestling in the future, it is Austin Pennington Junior.

Boos, no big shock there.

Pennington: Open your mind! Certainly, he was better than the putrid, pandering, pretty boy that has the title now, but Chris Stylez is not the ideal man to lead this company to the promised land. We need a man who has had the best education, both in life and in the ring. We need a man who can channel the beauty of both Thesz and Shakespeare.

"Penny Sucks" chants filled the room, but Austin is ignoring them.

Pennington: Not only do we need a great man, we need a great wrestler. Fortunately for Mr. Hart, Austin Pennington Jr. is both of those things.

Pennington threw down the mic as "Bulldog" played him to the back.

Austin Pennington Jr. gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

Grudge Match: Ash Parker vs Black Dragon

Ash Parker was out first. Black Dragon's music cued up second, but the popular GPW star didn't emerge from behind the curtain. After a re-cue of the music, The Dragon still didn't emerge, prompting "The Legend" Frederick Knight to grab the mic.

Knight: In all my years in this business, I've never seen a man so yellow! You have a weaker backbone than a red-headed amateur trapped in an Iron Sheik Camel Clutch!

Maybe 5 out of the 500 people got the Backlund reference, but obscurity never got in Knight's way before.

Parker: Dragon! Get out here and fight!

On cue, the lights cut out, showing off the extent of our production values. They flickered back on about twenty seconds later, with Dragon perched on the top rope.

Douglas: Look out!!

Dragon caught Parker with the flying bodypress, more of a Thesz Press than anything. Channelling Steve Austin, Dragon pummeled the living hell out of Parker, and all Ash could do was cover up and try to weather the storm. Once he had enough of raining down blows, Dragon picked Parker up, whipping him into the corner, and crashing in with a moonsault kick, immediately leaping up with a dropkick to the ribcage upon landing. The flurry wasn't done yet as Dragon popped up, flinging Parker out of the corner and onto the mat with a monkey flip. The rest of the opening minutes of the match were filled with more of the same, the vengeful Dragon completly dominating the seemingly overmatched Parker.

Ash Parker found his legs almost seven minutes in, catching Black Dragon as he was coming off the ropes with a big spinebuster, driving the wind out of Dragon's lungs. Parker wasted no time in advancing his attack, picking Dragon up by his mask and planting him with a DDT. It seemed to be that moment where Parker decided his target for the night, as he drove repeated knees into Dragon's head, apparently trying to give the masked Canadian a concussion.

Douglas: I've seen people go after arms and legs, JT Smith worked Chance's shoulder earlier tonight, but this could be the first time I've seen someone go for the head.

Hart: He's trying to give Dragon a concussion. I can tell you first hand, that's bad news.

Parker's efforts didn't seem to be working, Dragon maintained his bearings and made the match an excellent back and forth affair, at least until the twenty minute mark, when Parker reversed a top rope hurricanrana attempt into a super powerbomb. The incredible counter brought a smile to Frederick Knight's face, which grew as Parker lifted Dragon up for the Ashes to Ashes. Parker spun out with his trademark Tornado Urinage perfectly, but the veteran Dragon had enough presence of mind to keep a death grip on Ash's arm and drive him to the mat with a Tornado DDT. Sensing a huge chance, Dragon climbed to the top rope, coming down across Parker's back with a Shooting Star Press. Dragon flipped Parker over, Mike Hunter counted the three, and all Frederick Knight could do was watch.

The Dragon didn't have much time to celebrate. Mere seconds after the bell sounded, JT Smith hit the ring, chair in hand, and brained the victorious Dragon. Knight slid in, Parker recovered, and a classic 3-on-1 beatdown ensued.

Douglas: Frederick Knight is a genius! You told him he couldn't get involved in the matches, so he's getting involved after the matches!

Bret was speechless, knowing that Jack Douglas was right. Frederick Knight found the loophole. Fortunately for Dragon, Chance ran to ringside, making it 3-on-2. The newcomer managed to KO Frederick Knight with a big left and bowl over Parker before JT Smith caught him with a chair. Knight recovered, then barked orders, leading Smith and Parker to lock Sharpshooters on Dragon and Chance, respectively.

Hart: That's it!

Douglas: Hey! Get back here!

He had enough. Bret Hart threw down his headset, grabbed a chair of his own, and hit the ring. Paul London and Randy Reeves came from the back, both with chairs of their own. The Round Table cleared out, not wanting to tangle with the three chair wielding babyfaces. Reeves tended to Dragon and Chance while Hart and London gave chase, a man with a handheld camera following them.

Quality: 92

Reaction: 63

Overall: 77

Bret Hart and Paul London Chase Off The Round Table

Parker, Smith and Knight ran behind an open door, slamming it behind them. London tried shoving the door open, but the amassed force of Ash, JT, and The Legend kept it closed.

Hart: Stop!

London gave the door one last kick, then backed off.

Hart: We're playing right into their hands Paul. You and me both. This is stepping down to their level, attacking them in the back, coming at them with weapons, it's exactly what they'd do.

London: Right! We have to fight fire with fire!

Hart: No we don't! The best thing you can do is go out there and beat Sean Casey right in the middle of the ring. Show them, show everyone that you don't need to stoop to Frederick Knight's level to beat him. That's what GPW should be about, what calling yourself a champion should be about.

London nodded, then walked down the hall. The feed from the handheld ceased as the champ walked off, returning to the hard camera focused on the ring, catching Bret Hart returning to the broadcast booth. It was time for the main event.

GPW Heavyweight Title: Sean Casey vs Paul London©

Frederick Knight, clearly still wound up from being run off by the trio of Reeves, London, and Hart, was the first of the men involved to come through the curtain, followed soon by Sean Casey. Casey seemed oblivious to the fracas that had just taken place, but had the look of determination that only a challenger could have. London, enjoying one of the many championship perks, came out second. Jack Douglas introduced the particulars, who stared each other down after the opening bell.

Casey and London tied up to start, with Sean lifting London straight up into the air out of the collar and elbow and heaving the champion into the corner, where he tenderized London's ribs with some hard lefts and rights before whipping Paul out of the corner, right into the one on the opposite side of the ring. Casey followed in, meeting Paul with a clothesline. London staggered out of the corner, giving Casey the open to climb to the top, leaping off the second rope, doing a forward flip over London's head, jacking the GPW Champion's jaw with an interesting spin on the Diamond Dust. Casey followed up on this wonderful, athletic move with something a bit more rudimentary -- dragging London into the corner, where he came off the second rope with a kneedrop to the head.

Hart: I must admit, Sean Casey is having a lot of success with Paul London.

Douglas: Of course he is Hitman. He's a physical specimen that has been programmed by The Legend to win this one match. The only thing floating around Sean Casey's empty mind right now is one simple marching order: Beat Paul London.

Casey's dominance stretched on, as his brawn combined with Knight's brains to stop the champion at every turn, at least until London managed to push off a Casey headlock, which he built on by rocking the challenger with a lunging forearm that staggered Casey, who slid through the top and middle ropes, landing on the back of his head on the plywood basketball court that doubled as an arena floor. Knowing an opportunity to get back into the match when he saw it, Paul readied himself on the apron, launching off at the exact right time to catch Casey as he stood with a running Shooting Star Bodypress.

The middle of this match was filled with action split 50/50, with London hitting most of his signature highspots while Casey scored a seemingly endless series of near falls, each one closer than the one prior. The two were setting the table perfectly -- Casey getting enough offense in to make the London fans buy him as a legitimate threat to their man's championship, with London answering Casey's call. The back and forth lasted to the 22 minute mark, when the challenger started to pull away from the champ, particularly when London couldn't lift Casey for a Tiger Driver, and instead found himself on the receiving end of a Kryptonite Krunch.

Even the most die-hard Paul London fan saw the end coming thirty minutes in when Sean Casey dodged the Dropsault, picked London off the ground, and delivered his "Death Valley Driver." The coronation of the third champion in GPW history was about to begin.

.......3!!!

Hart: No! Paul London got his foot on the ropes!

Like any heel, particularly one as dim-witted as he, Sean Casey celebrated, going so far as to grab the GPW title belt from the announce table and parade around the ring with it. Frederick Knight, just as oblivious as his client this time around, celebrated from the apron, his eyes widening when he saw referee Hunter holding up two fingers. A millisecond later, he saw Paul London charging toward Casey, who had turned his back to the champ. Frederick tried to give the universal "behind you!" sign, but it was too late, Paul had already pushed Sean into Knight, sending the evil manager flying to the floor. London, of course pulled backward, trapping Casey in a roll-up...

...for the closest two count in GPW history.

The London rally was incredibly short lived, with Casey taking back control with a right to the gut when London tried to bring him up from the mat. Casey picked London up for a second "DVD" -- this one certain to finish the champ off -- but London slid down Casey's back, locked his arms in a double chicken wing, then drove him into the mat with the Waffle Face. Casey bounced off the mat, turning around in midair to land on his back, putting him in perfect position for what came next: London Calling.

......3!!!!

No shoulder up or foot on the rope for this one. Despite the best efforts of Sean Casey and Frederick Knight, Paul London was still the GPW Champion.

Reaction: 71

Overall: 81

The GPW Heavyweight title has gained in image.

Overall: 73 -- Easily the best GPW show ever.

Best Segment/Match: London vs Casey

Worst Segment/Match: Super Dragon vs Eros/Chance vs Smith

It's official, we're at Regional, with a PI of 12.

If Sean Casey manages to remain with GPW for another month, I'll be shocked. At a stunning 89 overness, WWE would be foolish not to steal him away. Same goes for Paul London (85 over) and Black Dragon (87 Over). Black Dragon is easily the biggest bargain in wrestling -- 87 Over with incredible speed and technical ability for $7,000 a shot, plus he can't be stolen via a written contract due to his Michinoku Pro Loyalties. Maybe I'll luck out and Bret has a daughter somewhere who has an affinity for dumb blonde guys (or at least Blonde Guys who act dumb on wrestling shows) or Texans who bear a slight resemblance to Crispin Glover circa Back to the Future.

With the jump to Regional, expect to see more of JT Smith, whose overness was low enough to sign to a written deal. I made a two other signings too.

Greg Stratton (Formerly Greg Pawluk) 28 Over, 90 technical -- The charismatically challenged technical master will be doing one of my favorite things -- playing a gimmick based on a movie. Using only his name change as evidence, you should know what his character will be.

Mike Williams (formerly Fred Williams) 80 Technical, 60 Brawl/Speed -- This Canadian Heavyweight is blue collar through and through, a working stiff who should relate to the time clock punching, lunchpail carriers of the world. A hard working blue collar babyface... I wonder who he could have an Insta-Feud with?

Staff wise, Mike Hunter, who has refereed all but one GPW match, is gone. I've reached a deal with referee Nick Dumeyer, who did work with WWE Farm League OVW and another referee simply known as Soulfly. Play-by-Play Man/Ring Announcer Mike Scat will take the place of the departing Jack Douglas.

Guest BriFidelity

Revolution: Episode 12 (January 21, 2005)

Our first Revolution as a regional company brought in 133 people for a gate of $1995. Before the matches could start, a video flickered to life, showcasing Randy Reeves, the voiceover being done by a mysterious, mechanical sounding voice.

Video Montage Featuring Randy Reeves

"Randy Reeves"

The voice work was being overlayed on clips of Reeves' matches.

"Since the dawn of Genesis Pro Wrestling, Randy Reeves has been beloved by fans and feared by foes."

Cut to shots from Breaking Point, of Chris Stylez scoring the win.

"Reeves seemed to be on the cusp of a shot at Championship Gold when it all turned bad. Using a steel chain, Chris Stylez got the win on Reeves, sending him down the GPW ranks."

Cut to a previously unseen locker room shot, with Reeves looking dejected.

"But Randy Reeves isn't done. He's determined to pick up the pieces and climb to the top of Genesis Pro Wrestling."

Randy looks up, very determined.

"But Randy doesn't know what's in store for him."

The shot turned black and white, a change accompanied by the sound of a shrieking bird.

"The Falcon is coming, and Randy Reeves is his prey."

Vanessa King tries to interview JT Smith

Vanessa: JT Smith is up next, but before the match, we're going to try to get a word with JT and Frederick Knight, see if we can find out the state of the Round Table after a rough night at Breaking Point.

Vanessa looked back at the entrance, where someone emerged from behind the curtain -- not Smith and Knight, but a small, yet well built man.

Vanessa: Where are JT and Knight?

Man: They got caught up backstage.

The man pointed to the tiny video screen behind Vanessa, showing a chair stuck under the Round Table's locker room door. The door rattled as the people caught behind it tried to bang the obstruction free. Back in the arena, the man extended his hand to Vanessa.

Man: Greg Stratton, how are ya?

Vanessa: So you're the new guy?

Stratton: You got it.

Vanessa: Did you do that to them?

Stratton was about to answer, but the video screen shows Ash Parker, dressed in street clothes, removing the chair.

Stratton: I'm kinda busy right now, I tell ya what. I catch you backstage and tell you everything.

Stratton gave Vanessa a wink. Meanwhile, Smith and Knight burst through the locker room door. Stratton ran to the ring, with Smith and Knight bursting through the entrance, both looking less than pleased.

Overall: 69

Vanessa King gained 1 point of overness from this segment. Greg Stratton gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Greg Stratton vs JT Smith

Smith hit the ring, where Stratton was waiting with an armdrag. Greg tried to follow up with a second armdrag, but JT grabbed hold of the ropes, then mowed the newcomer down with a clothesline. The veteran Smith kept control through most of the match, with Stratton showing enough flashes of hope to keep it from looking like a squash. Stratton waited until late to shine, countering an attempted backdrop with a DDT that led to Stratton absolutely DOMINATING the more experienced Smith, sending Frederick Knight into a fit when he planted JT with what announcer Mike Scat called The Delta Drop (Sliced Bread #2). Stratton got two with that move, and probably would've scored the upset hadn't Frederick Knight placed JT Smith's foot on the ropes. Stratton stopped to yell at Knight long enough for JT to roll Stratton up, and get the three, using the ropes for leverage (of course).

Winner: JT Smith

Quality: 83

Reaction: 37

Austin Pennington Jr. Comes To The Ring

Pennington: I have always found it funny that our program airs on The Learning Channel. Honestly, have any of you learned anything from this program?

Pennington: Actually, I have. There are subtle things to pick up on, lessons that require far too much thought for the layman to fathom anyway -- from the looks of this crowd, the likes of you couldn't learn simple arithmetic with the assistance of Thomas Dewey and Maria Montessori. For instance, I have learned that Chris Stylez has been able to keep himself in the title picture simply by coming out here and saying he is worthy of such distinction. Christopher, honestly, who have you beaten? You got the best of a mindless military brat who was shown the door soon thereafter and beat the contemptible Randy Reeves.

Pennington: Meanwhile, yours truly thoroughly dominated Mr. Reeves.

Boos from the crowd.

Hart: He beat Reeves, but he hardly dominated him. He cheated to win that match!

Pennington: Just a few nights ago, I added to my legacy by beating The Daredevil himself, Billy Fives. None of you gave me the slightest chance to best Mr. Fives, but I did it, and I'll do it again tonight.

Pennington: And when I do, I -- not the "Main Attraction" -- will be the man who wrests the title from Paul London at .

Expectations for this one were similar to the match these two had at Breaking Point -- Fives coming out guns blazing, with Pennington trying to keep him tied in knots on the ground. The Yale graduate had a surprise for everyone, showing he had a daredevilish streak in him by catching Fives with a running knee to the gut at the bell, which he followed up with a quick hurricanrana and even quicker springboard moonsault while Fives was still laid out. Pennington settled down after that initial burst, tying him up with an STF. Pennington soon learned that he wasn't the only versatile one in the match, as Fives powered out of the cross face, slid his leg out of the step over toehold, then secured a headlock on Pennington.

The Bizzaro World theme of the match continued for about ten minutes, with Pennington trying to amp up the pace and Fives leaning on mat wrestling.

Hart: We're seeing a role reversal here. I think both men wanted to catch the other off guard by paying to their opponent's strengths, and this is what we're getting for it.

Pennington was the first to slide back into his natural style when he took Billy down with a single leg, then worked the arm, sealing The Daredevil in a cross armbreaker. Fives managed to get to the ropes, but that didn't deter Pennington much, as he continued to pound on the arm.

Fives was far from out of it. Pennington went for The Recession, but Fives broke free and caught Austin under the chin with a spinning European Uppercut. Billy fell to the ground afterward -- the arm he hit the desperate uppercut with was the one Pennington had been working on. Fives absolutely dominated Pennington for the rest of the match, planting him in the middle of the ring with a Square Driver before heading to the top, launching off with the High Fives, but Pennington moved, leaving Billy to crash and burn. Making the most of Billy's miscue, Pennington picked him up and drove him into the mat with The Recession. Three seconds later, Austin Pennington Jr. had his second clean win over Billy Fives in as many cards.

Revolution came to a close with a victorious Pennington pointing to his waist, making the universal strapping of the belt gesture.

Reaction: 69

Overall: 75

Dames: **3/4

Billy Fives lost 1 point of overness from this match. Austin Pennington Jr. gained 3 points of overness from this match.

Best Segment & Match: Pennington vs Fives

Worst Segment & Match: Stratton vs Smith

TV Rating: 0.0

Super Dragon decided to work for WXW instead of us. It's a shame because SD is so talented, but a blessing in disguise because I can now sign a new worker to a written deal.

Steven Hyde (Formerly Stevie Fabulous) Upper Midcard, Heel 54 Over, 90 Speed, 85 charisma -- Damian Carvill of ewrevenge.com says he's the next big thing in wrestling, and he belongs to Genesis Pro Wrestling, at least until the next twelve months. Hyde, as evidenced by his name, will be playing the split personality gimmick, but think more of the Max Cady/Waylon Mercy role than Dr. Jekyll.

Three matches are on the docket next week, with Steven Hyde making his debut against Eros, JT Smith going up against another debuting wrestler: Mike Williams, and Greg Stratton meeting the first ever GPW champion and self proclaimed Number One Contender, "The Main Attraction" Chris Stylez.

Nothing has been set in stone for our next big show, Love and War, set to take place on February 20th, but two men are jockeying for position in the main event slot against defending GPW Champion Paul London. Will it be Austin Pennington Jr. or Chris Stylez that gets the shot, or will the chance go to both men? Will a third potential challenger emerge? Stay tuned to find out.

• 11 months later...