Marilyn Manson

tristy

The Triptych of Marilyn Manson, if you don't know, are his three biggest albums (Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, Holy Wood). They all represent the downfall of Brian Warner, the birth of Omega, and the rise of Marilyn Manson.

I think my favorite album is "Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death)", and "Antichrist Superstar" being my least favorite out of the triptych. "Holy Wood" seems like his darkest album, and kind of polished goth/industrial, while "Antichrist Superstar" is gritty industrial, and "Mechanical Animals" is in the vein of glam-rock.

Lately, I've been getting into these three albums heavily, and I can't stop playing them in my car and at home. I'm kinda pissed that I jumped on the Manson bandwagon so late, but on the other hand, I'm not. I'm guessing most people liked him during the peek of his career because he was "edgy" and "controversial". Back when The Beautiful People came out, I thought he was just weird and wrote some out there shit. Now, reflecting back, his songs do have a meaning, and most are very well written. Maybe it's just because I like the subject matter.

Anyways, here are my favorite songs off of each of the 3 albums.

Antichrist Superstar:

Irresponsible Hate Anthem

Tourniquet

Antichrist Superstar

Man That You Fear

Mechanical Animals:

Rock Is Dead

The Speed Of Pain

New Model No. 15

The Last Day On Earth

Coma White

Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death):

Target Audience (Narcissus Narcosis)

President Dead

In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death

The Nobodies

Lamb Of God

King Kill 33

I haven't listened to his stuff for ages, but I really like those three albums, probably elaning towards Holywood as my favourite, although I prefer Antichrist to Mechanical Animals. Have you heard golden Age of Grotesque? It's not on par with Holy Wood, but it's still a solid effort, I love the 1930s German influence. fookin' awesome live, too. Making your dancing girls suck your microphone like a cock > *

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

I am quite into Marilyn Manson, but none of his albums come close to touching "Antichrist Superstar" in my reckoning. The other two albums you listed are good, and I can't chose between them, but I just love "Antichrist Superstar" for songs like:

Irresponsible Hate Anthem

Tourniquet

Antichrist Superstar

Dried Up, Tied Up and Dead To The World

Beautiful People

and so on. "Golden Age Of Grotesque" has its moments, but just isn't as good as these three, but well worth a look into.

Edited by liamwannabe

I have all three of those albums, have to say Antichrist Superstar is my favourite with Holy Wood close behind and then Mechanical Animals.

AS has got one of my favourite songs of all time, The Beautiful People, so that is of course among my favourites from the album along with Tourniquet, Irresponsable Hate Anthem and Wormboy. No particular standouts for me from MA, but I do have some favourites from HW: The Fight Song, Disposable Teens, King Kill 33, Cruci-Fiction In Space, The Nobodies, Burning Flag (yeah ok, pretty much all the ones that hit the 'mainstream' :P).

Golden Age of Grotesque, which Dragsy mentioned, is also very good IMO, probably my second favourite Manson album (of the four I've heard in full).

Heard about his film?

Or anything about his upcoming CD?

anyway, I haven't listened to any of those three albums for a long long time now. I need to borrow them from my friend and rip them sometime.. but one of my favourite tracks is "Angel With the Scabbed Wings".