NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there so much Patriot-hating? Is it a case of jealousy of success or something? And I've never thought of Brady as overrated, certainly not so much as Peyton Manning.

Patriots are probably one of the top hated teams. The Brady comment is right though, Manning went on the field after every game.

While these 9 have done some stupid things, I wouldn't blame this on Marvin. He can only control what they do on the field and tell them to not do something. He isn't "big brother" watching their every social move. The media acts like the players and organizations are always the ones at fault instead of the adult players who are doing the deed. They need to start taking the responsibility.

He's staying. There are not any more offers for him out there because you can not talk to a coach who is still coaching, with the Bears still playing obviously the other organizations had to move on. Plus Jerry likes to make a splash. They are considering hiring the QB coach for Miami, name escapes me at this time, he was Aikman's back-up for the OC job. I guess word it that 3-4 years down the line he could be a potential HC type coach, so they want to get him now and lock him up for the future, and this continues with the Norv Turner thought. Norv has a good relationship with him as he was the OC during his tenure there so that could already be a good fit.

We'll have to wait and see.

It really doesn't make sense. Vick is going from a receiverless, Atlanta, to a Receiverless Oakland.

I still maintain had Gradkowski and Vick's receivers caught the ball, Both of their stats would have been fantastic this year and Gradkowski might have gotten the buccaneers to 8-8. However when you have guys dropping touchdown passes and passes where they are wide open, you can't blame the quarterback. Especially when they hit you in the hands.

Atlanta sent out a press note yesterday that this was a lie. Way to be late again CD :shifty::P

Could it happen? Sure, it's Al Davis. Reasons I think not:

1. Petrino. He just signed on, offensive genius, gonna give it a year to see if Michael is worth it. If he doesn't preform he has been given the greenlight from the boss to put in Shaub however, so maybe a mid-season trade would be in the works.

2. Kiffin. I think he'd prefer a player like JaMarcus and use the other picks on supplementary offensive players.

Why would they draft Russell and give up two good wideouts for Vick?
Edited by ACCBiggz

I still maintain had Gradkowski and Vick's receivers caught the ball, Both of their stats would have been fantastic this year and Gradkowski might have gotten the buccaneers to 8-8. However when you have guys dropping touchdown passes and passes where they are wide open, you can't blame the quarterback. Especially when they hit you in the hands.

...yeah, sure. I think you are overlooking that Gradkowski sucks as well, though.

Got anything to back that up, Sparky?

Gotta admire some people's creativity...or wonder what they're smoking. Whoever came up with the Porter and #1 for Vick idea might be on some massive chemicals. At this point, Porter has to do some serious damage control to prove that he can even play for most coaches without being a major pain in the ass. And speaking of the Raiders, good to hear that at least one USC assistant was receptive. Loved Jim Rome's line yesterday about how they were gonna work down the line, all the way to the grad intern assistant or team manager, just to say they got someone from USC. The day the Raiders become a worthwhile franchise again will be the day after they bury Al Davis.

And the deal was Their 1st and Porter for Vick, allowing a Vick/Moss connection.

Funny, when I hear the words Vick, Moss, and "connection" in the same sentence, is it wrong that I automatically picture them as the black Cheech and Chong?

Yeah, I'm wondering if this whole Tomlin thing might just bite the Steelers in the ass. One year as a coordinator, and he's the next 15-year man in Pittsburgh? We'll wait and see, I suppose. While I wait, maybe I'll go look up Cowher and Noll's resumes, see if they were any different. Losing Russ Grimm hurts a bit, too. It's always a trendy pick to go with Arizona as a sleeper (has been since the Buddy Ryan days), but with Whisenhunt and Grimm, I sort of like their chances...in 2008 or 9. Whisenhunt helped make Roethlisberger halfway worthwhile with only one top-drawer receiver, just imagine what he can do for Leinart with Boldin and Larry Fitz.