NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does Ryans play? Anyway, I'd agree on the Polamalu thing simply because Ed Reed is a better strong safety than he is anyway.

Again, another mix up from me, Ryans is a MLB, but he did lead the league in tackles in the league as a rookie so it's hard to count him out.

Also i'm still not sold on Merriman going to the PB because of his substance abuse.

In a way I feel Merriman shouldn't be there for his substance abuse and instead should have been replaced by DeMeco Ryans, the best LB in the NFC this season I'd say.

That wouldn't make any sense - Merriman's in the AFC.

Meant to put AFC, point still stands.

Polamalu is an explosive player and can change games just with his presence.

Now if he works on learning how to wrap people up when he tackles them and learns how to actually cover somebody and he'll be the best.

Until then, he's going to get to Pro Bowls just on his talent and ability to change games in one play.

Where does Ryans play? Anyway, I'd agree on the Polamalu thing simply because Ed Reed is a better strong safety than he is anyway.

Again, another mix up from me, Ryans is a MLB, but he did lead the league in tackles in the league as a rookie so it's hard to count him out.

Also i'm still not sold on Merriman going to the PB because of his substance abuse.

Ace, I never said Troy was the best SS in the AFC. He's a terrible tackler and can't cover very well. But he still makes plays and because of that teams have to gameplan for him. His instincts are amazing. But until he learns how to tackle and cover he won't be the best. Far from it.

The Pro Bowl isn't really the best gauge of the best players because the players are voted in. That's always going to get 'names' in.

Besides, nobody really cares about the game, it's just something to add to your resume for when you become a free agent.

Even as a hardcore Colts fan (back since the Dickerson days...born and raised an hour from Indy...nice try, syck), I still for the life of me can't figure out who keeps voting Tarik "Captain False Start" Glenn to go to Hawaii every year. The next Colts game I see that doesn't involve him making MULTIPLE goofy penalties or other mistakes may just be the first.

And quite honestly, the NFL is a brutal enough game without having to subject these guys to one more meaningless exhibition. IMO, the Pro Bowl simply needs to just go away.

Even as a hardcore Colts fan (back since the Dickerson days...born and raised an hour from Indy...nice try, syck), I still for the life of me can't figure out who keeps voting Tarik "Captain False Start" Glenn to go to Hawaii every year. The next Colts game I see that doesn't involve him making MULTIPLE goofy penalties or other mistakes may just be the first.

And quite honestly, the NFL is a brutal enough game without having to subject these guys to one more meaningless exhibition. IMO, the Pro Bowl simply needs to just go away.

Taylor shouldn't really have been there in the first place, last season he should have gone and got overlooked, this time he came in as a reserve and didn't deserve to be near the Pro Bowl considering his performance this season was about 10 times poorer than last season when he was on fire.