NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas Jones was traded because he wanted to be. He wanted to be the feature back and with Cedric Benson in Chicago and them paying him like the 4th pick he was, it's obvious Jones was going to see less and less time on the field. He definitely will start for the Jets though, which gives him his wish.

The Niners are doing a good job so far, even if they did overpay for Clements. They could use another WR like a Joe Horn for a year or something, but thus far, I'm excited for next year.

It's not so much he wanted to be the feature back, as they like each other and both had decent years, it's that he wanted PAID like a #1 back. And they are already paying that to Cedric so they had to get rid of him, just it was highway robbery with Chicago's retarded swapping of 2nd Rounders.

As for the Briggs situation, he may hold out, but by the season expect him to be in a Bears jersey playing. He's not going to sit out and lose his 7.2 million this year, so he might as well just look toward next year for his year to be on the market.

Recap of what happened today.

Denver reached an agreement Tuesday night with TE Daniel Graham on a five-year, $30 million contract that includes $15 million guaranteed. The deal makes Graham the highest-paid tight end in the NFL.

Minnesota reached an agreement with free agent wide receiver Bobby Wade on a five-year, $15 million deal.

The Raiders landed their first free agent by signing C Jeremy Newberry to a one-year contract. The deal included no bonus money.

The Cincinnati Bengals reached agreement with TE Reggie Kelly on a three-year, $9 million deal that includes a $3 million signing bonus.

Free-agent wide receiver Donte Stallworth received an offer from the New England Patriots. He is scheduled to meet March 7 with Titans officials in Tennessee and with the Dolphins on March 8.

The Miami Dolphins and LB Joey Porter have reached agreement on a five-year, $32.5 million deal that includes $20 million worth of guaranteed money.

Newly-acquired running back Thomas Jones has signed a four-year, $20 million contract that includes $12 million worth of guaranteed money, with the New York Jets. He was scheduled to go into the last year of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent after the 2007 season.

Miami free-agent fullback Darian Barnes met with the Jets.

San Francisco has signed free-agent LB Tully Banta-Cain to a three-year, $8.7 million deal, which includes a $2.9 million signing bonus. Pittsburgh and St. Louis each had been interested in signing Banta-Cain.

The Chiefs are offering Trent Green the chance to return at a restructured contract, but they granted him permission to talk to other teams to see what other opportunities might be afforded him.

Free-agent LB Napoleon Harris has reached an agreement with the Kansas City Chiefs on a six-year, $24 million deal that includes $7.5 million in guaranteed money and $13 million in the first three years.

Free-agent tackle Luke Petitgout has reached agreement with Tampa Bay on a three-year, $15.5 million deal that includes a $6 million guaranteed money.

Carolina cut veteran quarterback Chris Weinke.

Buffalo cut veteran guard Tutan Reyes.

Seattle free-agent tight end Jerramy Stevens visited the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Arizona free-agent cornerback David Macklin visited the Chiefs.

Chicago free-agent safety Todd Johnson visited Miami.

San Francisco free-agent tight end Eric Johnson and Cincinnati free-agent safety Kevin Kaesviharn visited the Saints.

Denver free-agent guard Cooper Carlisle visited the Seattle Seahawks.

Free-agent quarterback Marques Tuiasosopo visited the Cleveland Browns and is scheduled to visit the New York Jets and Carolina Panthers later this week.

St. Louis free-agent wide receiver Shaun McDonald is in Detroit today; the Chargers and Eagles Dolphins and Raiders are also interested in his service.

Tennessee free-agent running back Chris Brown is scheduled to visit the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday.

Free-agent RB T.J. Duckett is in Detroit visiting with Lions. Duckett is scheduled to visit the New York Jets on Wednesday and the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday.

Free-agent fullback Justin Griffith will be visiting Green Bay today.

Edited by The Candyman

For what it is worth I know that Jamal Lewis is in Cleveland today visiting the Browns, I dont know who I would really want between Adrian Peterson and Lewis, Lewis has had injury problems and off the field problems but he is a proven back or there is Peterson who has some injury problems but nothing that will last long term but until he plays in the NFL is unproven.

You'd want Adrian Peterson. A physical specimen. Sure he has had injury problems, but the one he had this year was a fluke from a retarded dive into the endzone, and I don't see him doing that again anytime soon. He's much younger, faster, and fits into Cleveland better. Jamal will end up back with Baltimore anyway.

I like Donte Stallworth, I really hope that the pats sign him. I've been hearing lots of rumors about Randy Moss coming in too, which would be amazing, if the veterans on the team can keep him from losing his mind again of course.

Patriots would get one or the other, it seems like Stallworth is the logical choice right now, but if Moss were to come over that would be huge. Both have issues with Stallworth's positive test for something against the NFL Policy, and of course you have Moss.

Or New England wants to spend their $$$ elsewhere without getting handicapped by offering someone else a contract. Thier LB corp is suitable as is, and Cain got a decent contract from the Niners, perhaps something the Patriots just couldn't do in that position. I've not seen much of him, but that could be one reason, not just that they didn't think anything of him.