NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears also signed former Steelers Safety "Lil Evil" Tyrone Carter.

Good signing, Carter's small, but he's mean and can play some football. Plus his brother was the guy who got a year in jail for going to watch his brother in the Super Bowl and missed a court appearance.

The Washington Redskins signed former Dallas and New York Jets offensive tackle Jason Fabini to a one-year contract. The Cowboys released Fabini earlier this month.

After trade talks for Broncos linebacker collapsed March 23, just before the deal was about to go through, the New York Giants arranged March 25 for Kansas City free-agent linebacker Kawika Mitchell to visit today. Pending a physical, the New York Giants are expected to reach agreement on a one-year deal with Mitchell.

I'm liking the Bears signings so far, but are they hoping that if they keep making defensive moves, everyone will forget about the offensive issues? Maybe we can just field defense/special teams for entire games...given games like the Monday Night Miracle (yes I'm capitalising it :P) last season, we'd probably score more TDs.

Redskins to make play for Bears' Briggs

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

Posted: 21 minutes ago

PHOENIX - The NFL Owners meeting are in full swing with announcements and committee meetings highlighting the week but it's the deals made on the side that give juice to the week...

One such deal offered Monday night, if it happens, could have major ramifications on two franchises and one franchise player.

Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Bears' disgruntled Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs, told FOXSports.com that the Redskins informed him Monday that they would like to swing a deal that would send Washington's first-round pick, No. 6 overall, to Chicago for the Bears' first-rounder, No. 31, and Briggs.

When asked about such an offer Redskins owner Dan Snyder confirmed to FOXSports.com that he in fact wanted to make the move and they were waiting to talk to Chicago. In fact, Snyder spent a couple of minutes talking to Briggs, who showed up with Rosenhaus at the meeting.

Snyder and football operations man Vinny Cerato left to find head coach Joe Gibbs regarding the deal. But before leaving Rosenhaus informed Cerato that he in fact spoke with the Bears and they were waiting an official call from the Redskins.

Briggs told FOXSports.com earlier this month that he would never play another down again for the Bears and he was willing to sit out the 2008 season.

Obviously many deals are discussed but fail to come to fruition and this deal could die as well. Both teams seemed to be on the same page but Gibbs also needed to sign off before an official offer was made. Plus, while Snyder said he'd work the deal Washington needs to formally reach out to Chicago and make an official offer. Washington could also in the end decide to change their minds as any trade would entail them getting Briggs signed to a long-term contract.

If I were the Bears, I'd try and talk them into a future 3rd round pick also, or maybe the 37th pick instead of their first round one. Synder obviously wants to do the deal, so why not try and get a little more?

The Washington Redskins and Chicago Bears are considering a trade that would send the sixth overall pick to Chicago for Bears linebacker Lance Briggs and the 31st overall selection.

The Buffalo Bills traded former Pro Bowl linebacker Takeo Spikes and quarterback Kelly Holcomb to the Philadelphia Eagles for defensive tackle Darwin Walker and a 2008 late-round pick.

The New York Jets signed former Cardinals first-round draft choice Andre Wadsworth, who had been out of football. Wadsworth once was a top prospect before knee injuries derailed his career. The Jets also signed restricted free agent tight end Sean Ryan, the former Boston College starter.

Philly is really starting to scare me. Me thinks they could be Superbowl bound this year.

There aren't really any top 10 picks I'm excited about that would still be there. I'm assuming they'd attempt for Gaines Adams at the #6 position? I would even use that #6 pick to trade down to around the 13-16 pick range and look at a Greg Olsen type of player, and using the extra pick you'd be sure to get from somebody on another. If they were going to replace him in the draft Patrick Willis isn't going in the top 10 I wouldn't think, maybe at #10 but not #6. If they did the trade I'd rather see them trade down from the sixth spot.

I am not really expecting much from Lewis this season that is why I am figuring that the Browns will probably still draft Peterson. Lewis is only going to be here for one season for one thing and we would have a good two back system to go with and defiantly bring ourselves out of the bottom of the league in rushing where we have been since we came back into the league. I would be surprised if the Browns take Thomas to be honest since they already have alot of money locked into the Oline and that would be another big deal for a linemen when I would rather see a quality skill postion player that will help us right now.

This draft should be really intresting with as of now no one really focusing on just one player other then maybe the Raiders and Russel but that isnt a done deal yet so who knows. There could be lots of trades going on on draft day and lots of places that different players could end up, so it will be intresting to see what happens.

Guest The Stang

with all the pick ups and dropped players this season there's going to be a lot of differences from last year. The Colts will probably look just as good as last year even though they dropped a pretty good back in Dominic Rhodes. My team every year is always the Broncos, but i think next years break out team is going to be the 49ers if they get some good defensive pickups i wouldn't be surprised if they get a wildcard spot. But my broncos have gotten some big pickups with Henry, Graham, and Stokley I'm hoping they pickup a defensive lineman in the first round of the draft and the rest of their defense should be impressive i think if Cutler holds up under the pressure of following Jake "The Mistake" Plummer i think the broncos have the best shot.

I:

a) Have no belief AT ALL that the Bears are interested in a QB.

b) Would shoot Jerry, Lovie, and Myself if that ever happened.

Please draft Quinn. Please draft Quinn. :P

Actually if the Bears do get that pick, I don't see how they possibly could even consider drafting Quinn. You can win a Super Bowl with a shitty QB, just put good players around him and something positive could happen.