NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

so what're ya'll picks for tonight 'Skins vs. 'Boys? I'm goin for the Redskins. Yea..I'm an Eagles fan so an NFC East rivalry game I'm always interested in...but I hope the Redskins kill T.O.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just going to go with... He sucks.

Bottomline, one game does not make him the greatest living QB all of a sudden. Throughout college and pros, injuries aside, he has been very inconsistent and INT Prone. His decision making is horrible, and luckily the Bears have key elements to make him seem better than he is. A good line, and a good rushing attack, along with some qualified WR's that can stretch the field vertically, where all he has to do is launch one up. I've yet to see him prove that he is an elite QB that can check down to TE's and HB's to pick up 3-5 yards, instead of forcing the ball into 3 defenders for a pick. The advantage that he has is the OLine and Rushing Attack, where he can start to learn how to make better choices via the time he is given in the pocket. As I said time and time again, if he just learns to check down he'll be 300% better. The more and more he continues to use his brain instead of his cannon arm, his cannon arm will be more useful.

I was just going to go with... He sucks.

Bottomline, one game does not make him the greatest living QB all of a sudden. Throughout college and pros, injuries aside, he has been very inconsistent and INT Prone. His decision making is horrible, and luckily the Bears have key elements to make him seem better than he is. A good line, and a good rushing attack, along with some qualified WR's that can stretch the field vertically, where all he has to do is launch one up. I've yet to see him prove that he is an elite QB that can check down to TE's and HB's to pick up 3-5 yards, instead of forcing the ball into 3 defenders for a pick. The advantage that he has is the OLine and Rushing Attack, where he can start to learn how to make better choices via the time he is given in the pocket. As I said time and time again, if he just learns to check down he'll be 300% better. The more and more he continues to use his brain instead of his cannon arm, his cannon arm will be more useful.

A good rushing attack has little to do with the numbers. Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson draw defenders there way because they had to always respect the Bear's run because Grossman just sucks. Now that there are weapons around him and he looks crisp for the first time ever in his entire career, now the other teams can't play 8 or 9 in the box. Once the balance continues to shift, both parts of the offense will gel and make for a very surprising Bears team, granted that Grossman doesn't decide to blow a goat, which I am sure a 3-5 INT game is coming shortly.

Patriots have fallen off. Took a safety due to a mistake by the Bills to beat them, and then they had to hold on to beat the freakin JETS. What will they do when they get to the tough games?

They'll still take the division because Buffalo needs another year to solidify and get to around .500, the Jets are about the same and Miami's just sort of there...but still.

Are you a bitter Packers fan or something? Grossman is doing great so far this year, and the fact that the defense is ready to stop the run is his fault? He is 38/53 (71.69 percent), 551 yards, 5 touchdowns, and 1 interception on the year. With everything around him, he is doing a very, very good job. Sure, maybe they're stacking for the run, but Grossman has had plenty of 3 and medium/third-and-long situations that he has converted on because the run hasn't been as good as last year.

We know you don't like Grossman, and that for some strange reason you think he's doing a horrible job. But when you look at it, Grossman is one of the better starting quarterbacks right now.

I understand what you're saying. The Bears are a running team. The Packers and Lions play 7 or 8 guys in the box, giving the wide-outs 1-on-1 coverage while plugging up the run. Thus, the running lanes aren't there, and the backs don't get many yards. This sets Grossman up with 3rd down situations where he has to pass the ball, which he has done very well this year completing over 70 percent of his passes.

The fact that the Bears are a running team also sets up play-action, which Grossman has used very well. You claimed he doesn't check down, yet he has thrown the ball about 50% of the times to backs or tight ends. He has made throws in coverage when it's 3rd-and-long, and has read the defense well and has gone deep in good situations.

I understand that you're saying Grossman sucks because everything around him is good. But Grossman has to do the play-action, has to read the defenses, and to be the accurate quarterback he has been, as to do all of that. Sure, the players around him are talented, but so is he. I don't understand how you can say "he sucks" when he has done exceptionally well, especially in check-down situations.

What is up with the Buffalo Bills?

Against the Patriots the defence played well and they only lost because of Losman's inexperience (an a great rush from the Patriots). This weekend, the Bills just sort of ran over Culpepper and the Dolphins, a team many picked were Super Bowl bound. I think the Bills defence has been stellar, and if JP Losman can continue to play without turning the ball over a lot and McGahee can continue to run, the Bills have a shot at a 8-8 record.

First off, I'm a Falcons fan. Now, I know Simms sucked, but take into account that DE John Abraham was out, WR Roddy White went out in the 1st quarter after he fumbled, and that the Bucs defense was ranked near the top of the rushing defense last year, but the Falcons had 306 yards on the ground, a new team record.

Offensive - Obviously their running game was awesome, switching off between Dunn and Vick to confuse the Bucs defense. Passing game wasn't great, but hey, Vick was 10-15 for 92 yards with a TD and a INT, and he had 127 rushing yards on 14 attempts with another TD. That's good enough for me. Dunn had another great game like last week with 21 carries for 134 yards, which I think is good because he has stepped up since TJ Duckett has been traded. Norwood had a decent game too, hell he did better than Carnell Williams. The receivers were good for the lack of passes thrown. I'm glad Lelie is getting passes thrown his way, along with White. It keeps the pressure off of Crumpler.

Defense - It seemed that they had the Bucs offensive figured out very well. Simms started awful, but picked up with Galloway in the 2nd quarter. However, he made mistakes in the redzone, aka DeAngelo Hall 2 INTs and Jason Webster INT. The Bucs rushing game did hardly anything, with Williams getiing 37 yards with 15 carries. But then again, they were playing catch up most of the game which acoounts for the 53 pass attempts by Simms.

The only disappoinment was the kicking, 4 missed FGs for Koenan. But this was overshadowed by the great game the Falcons had.

EDIT: Sorry, found this and had to put it here.

1. Baltimore def. Denver

2. New York Giants def. Chicago

Ahahahahahhahahahahhahahha.

1. McNair's broken down, Jamal Lewis is past it, the defense isn't nearly as dominant as it used to be, as has been said, they've not done enough to fix their weaknesses.

2. Can Eli really play well under such pressure and scruity? He's not shown me much yet, and with such an overwhelming defense as Chicago has, he'd have a very hard time in that game.

Edited by sqeak

What about them? You beat a team with no running game? Their number one corner out of the game and Brunell, I could do that with a squad of me, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles :-\

I'd be more concerned that third string runners are able to return kick offs for 100 yards more than anything.

Nice to see we still have no throwing ability and when Portis is gone our game goes completely off :( Oh yeah, and Arch can't cover, but we knew that already didn't we?

Speak got a question for you. Did you see the block in the back call on Nece when he supposedly blocked "Dunn" in the back.

I watched a highlight reel on Buccaneers dot com. Dunn was facing towards nece and at the last second turned Nece held up and did put his hands or shoulders on Dunn.

Tampa Bay would have had their first TD had it not been for a bullshit call. For proof I give the following.

http://www.buccaneers.com/av/realplayer.as...amp;bitrate=300

Edited by Smooth Criminal