New Mural.

K

So it's about time for a new mural. Me and junky had a quick chat, we're thinking maybe something geographical. Your home town/city, country (Although two many USA's / UK's would be a pain.) Maybe local monuments, although that's very specific and not too creative.

So...er, ideas. What do you think?

Sounds good to me, I'd get involved in it.

We need to set up a rotation this time though... way too much confusion with the last one. Once we get a list of who's in, maybe just coming up with an order of entries, and if they take too long we move on to the next person or something.

Don't have an order. That would slow it down IMO. We'll be waiting on people whereas if we don't have a list anyone who wants to do it can say 'I'll have a go at the next one' and have it done quickly. Because you just know someone will sign up and then say they can't be bothered or whatever.

When I said about monuments, I didn't just mean local ones, you could do any you liked I suppose. Hometowns is a good one though.

Might I suggest that we (or I) create a template .psd outlining the size of the graphic and a box for how much overlap is needed from the last graphic. So we get consistantly sized pieces this time round? We can load up the template in PS or PSP, paste in the previous graphic in the overlap section, design your piece and when we're done simply hide the template before saving/exporting.

Well it'd just be something simple, like this:

post-2-1152750111_thumb.jpg

Although thinking about it, it would probably be counterproductive. The trick is to use a sensible overlap, but still include enough of the old graphic in other areas so it doesn't look so sudden. In some murals parts of a graphic can span 2 or 3 tiles.

...actually, just read this: http://www.graphic-forums.com/showthread.php?t=16986 >_>

post-2-1152750111_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I was actually gonna come on here and start a Good vs. Evil, double-sided mural. You snooze you lose, I guess.

I'm not so sure about hometowns, I think if it's going to be geographical then a "Wonders of the World" type thing would be good. There are enough big, famous landmarks to go around.

Well the way I had it planned was, there'd be a centrepiece and people could add to both sides of it, one side being good and one side being evil.

So you'd start off with something like this (I just did this quickly)

01tw7.th.jpg

And then the subsequent people choose which side they want to add to, and the mural would go in both directions.

I'm not saying it has to be done like that, this is just the way I was going to propose it.